Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sebastian Mon May 28, 2012 3:54 pm

merc wrote:Sebastian... " Ben G., Austin Daye, and the rights to Kyle Singler to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor"
If you're the GM of N.O. do you even think twice about this deal?... we need to work on the other teams perspective.

Merc, I have actually considered the perspective of the Hornets. Ben G. could be the replacement to Eric Gordon, once he is lost to free agency. And, as much as people may want to debate, Ben G. is as good if not better than Eric. Then there is Austin Daye, who has not worked out for OUR Pistons, but who knows what he could do in the Big Easy. The rights to Kyle Singler or Kyle Singler himself has an unknown quality that could prove to be an alluring factor to the equally, as hapless Hornets.

In return, WE would be getting an often injured, below the rim, undersized center, who is now 30 years old. I think that this is a very fair trade. Also, salaries convey.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty A WINNING ATTITUDE

Post  deusXango Mon May 28, 2012 5:12 pm

Sebastian wrote:
merc wrote:Sebastian... " Ben G., Austin Daye, and the rights to Kyle Singler to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor"
If you're the GM of N.O. do you even think twice about this deal?... we need to work on the other teams perspective.

Merc, I have actually considered the perspective of the Hornets. Ben G. could be the replacement to Eric Gordon, once he is lost to free agency. And, as much as people may want to debate, Ben G. is as good if not better than Eric. Then there is Austin Daye, who has not worked out for OUR Pistons, but who knows what he could do in the Big Easy. The rights to Kyle Singler or Kyle Singler himself has an unknown quality that could prove to be an alluring factor to the equally, as hapless Hornets.

In return, WE would be getting an often injured, below the rim, undersized center, who is now 30 years old. I think that this is a very fair trade. Also, salaries convey.

Sebastian, what you say is true if not for a couple of things. The first being how much CAP space that will be provided when Okafors' contract expires, and we can do sooo much better than that this off season for a center. N.O. is gonna benefit from the expiring contract and use that money to acquire talent in their rebuild effort. There are up and coming centers, that even in their raw stages of development, can out play Emeka Okafor at a fraction of the cost. Daye and Singlers draft rights are more valuable to us in acquiring draft picks. Ben Gordon better than Eric Gordon? I'm gonna assume that you've not seen Eric play.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Madame Cleo’s Psychic Draft Choices

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon May 28, 2012 5:37 pm

Madame Cleo’s Psychic Draft Choices

Biff Burns: How are you doing at making a decision on your draft choices.
Joe Dumars: The scouting reports are really confusing. I am at a loss as to what to do.
Biff Burns: Why don’t you try Madame Cleo for advice?
Joe Dumars: Who is that?
Biff Burns: She is the world renown psychic and horoscope guru.
Joe Dumars: I don’t believe in that stuff.
Biff Burns: She told Portland not to draft Greg Oden and Sam Bowie.
Joe Dumars: They could have had Kevin Durant and Michael Jordan and won multiple championships.
Biff Burns: Here’s her card, give her a call.

Joe Dumars: Madame Cleo, I am here to seek your infinite wisdom on finding a great player in the NBA draft.
Madame Cleo: You have come to the right person my son. I told those schmucks on the Trail Blazers not to draft Bowie and Oden, but did they heed my warnings? No! No championships for them since 1977. Besides that I put a curse on them for not listening to me. They are doomed to mediocrity for the next millennium. Do you have the birth dates of the players you are considering?

Joe Dumars: Yes. The first one is Jared Sullinger on March 4th.
Madame Cleo: A Pisces does not take well to a position of leadership or high business person, they are too sensitive and lacking in self-discipline and lacking self-confidence for a positions such as that. What they are good at is is writing, acting, poetry, or being musicians. Pisces are excellent at anything that tugs at the heart strings and mystical/spiritual.
Joe Dumars: It does not sound like we could count on him in the last two minutes of a tight game.
Madame Cleo: He is definitely not a warrior. He is the anti-Jordan.

Joe Dumars: Austin Rivers on August 1st.
Madame Cleo: A Leo can be very diplomatic in a group setting and can delegate people well, however Leo will not take orders. They need to give orders but with their enthusiasm and cheerfulness, other people do not have a problem taking orders from a Leo because they are never condescending and they treat others with respect and equality.
Joe Dumars: He sounds like Rip Hamilton who wouldn’t take orders from me or Kuester. He really hated me for trading Chauncey.

Joe Dumars: Perry Jones on September 24th.
Madame Cleo: Libras dislike hard work, they are lazy when it comes to getting their hands dirty and doing the work themselves. A good way for a Libra to become wealthy is through artistic endeavors. They can be painters, interior decorators, actors or writing screenplays or composing.
Joe Dumars: No wonder he looks disinterested on the court.
Madame Cleo: He has a song in his heart, but rebounding not so much.

Joe Dumars: Harrison Barnes May 30th.
Madame Cleo: Gemini tends to disperse their energy on different tasks and not just focus on one thing thus leaving a trail of unfinished projects in their wake. If they were to focus their energy in one place, their cleverness and intelligence would allow them to complete their project with success and creativity.
Joe Dumars: In other words, he would run around the court like a chicken with its head cut off.
Madame Cleo: Yes, much like Austin Daye during a particularly bad game.

Joe Dumars: Tyler Zeller January 17th, 1990.
Madame Cleo: He was born in an astrological warp when the stars refused to shine. On the cusp of nowhere and nevermore, he’s the man who got no sign. Stay away from this one unless you are lookin’ for big trouble.
Joe Dumars: Okay, good to know. I’ll stay clear. I don’t need any more draft choices like Mateen or Rodney White.

Joe Dumars: John Henson July 11th.
Madame Cleo: Once Cancers resolve their emotional issues such as shyness and insecurity, the powerful character will shine though, there is practically nothing they can't do. They have incredible perseverance and will stand up for what they believe in. With their strong intuition, sensitivity, powers of observation and intelligence, they will have great success in anything they undertake.
Joe Dumars: He sounds like the winner, I want to draft.

Joe Dumars: Thank you Madame Cleo. You have made my choice easier.
Madame Cleo: Too bad you did not consult me before you drafted Darko and traded for Allen Iverson.
Joe Dumars: Those are decisions that have brought great pain, shame, and sorrow upon my organization and me. I would appreciate it if you did not bring up those terrible memories again.
Madame Cleo: Certainly. Your indiscretions are in the past darkly. Will you be paying with cash or a credit card?
Joe Dumars: Cash and I’d like to set up an appointment for late October when I choose the players for the roster.
Madame Cleo: I think a reading of the Tarot Cards would be helpful to you.
Joe Dumars: Absolutely.

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Tue May 29, 2012 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Mon May 28, 2012 7:55 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Madame Cleo’s Psychic Draft Choices

Biff Burns: How are you doing at making a decision on your draft choices.
Joe Dumars: The scouting reports are really confusing. I am at a loss as to what to do.
Biff Burns: Why don’t you try Madame Cleo for advice?
Joe Dumars: Who is that?
Biff Burns: She is the world renown psychic and horoscope guru.
Joe Dumars: I don’t believe in that stuff.
Biff Burns: She told Portland not to draft Greg Oden and Sam Bowie.
Joe Dumars: They could have had Kevin Durant and Michael Jordan and won multiple championships.
Biff Burns: Here’s her card, give her a call.

Joe Dumars: Madame Cleo, I am here to seek your infinite wisdom on finding a great player in the NBA draft.
Madame Cleo: You have come to the right person my son. I told those schmucks on the Trail Blazers not to draft Bowen and Oden, but did they heed my warnings? No! No championships for them since 1977. Besides that I put a curse on them for not listening to me. They are doomed to mediocrity for the next millennium. Do you have the birth dates of the players you are considering?

Joe Dumars: Yes. The first one is Jared Sullinger on March 4th.
Madame Cleo: A Pisces does not take well to a position of leadership or high business person, they are too sensitive and lacking in self-discipline and lacking self-confidence for a positions such as that. What they are good at is is writing, acting, poetry, or being musicians. Pisces are excellent at anything that tugs at the heart strings and mystical/spiritual.
Joe Dumars: It does not sound like we could count on him in the last two minutes of a tight game.
Madame Cleo: He is definitely not a warrior. He is the anti-Jordan.

Joe Dumars: Austin Rivers on August 1st.
Madame Cleo: A Leo can be very diplomatic in a group setting and can delegate people well, however Leo will not take orders. They need to give orders but with their enthusiasm and cheerfulness, other people do not have a problem taking orders from a Leo because they are never condescending and they treat others with respect and equality.
Joe Dumars: He sounds like Rip Hamilton who wouldn’t take orders from me or Kuester. He really hated me for trading Chauncey.

Joe Dumars: Perry Jones on September 24th.
Madame Cleo: Libras dislike hard work, they are lazy when it comes to getting their hands dirty and doing the work themselves. A good way for a Libra to become wealthy is through artistic endeavors. They can be painters, interior decorators, actors or writing screenplays or composing.
Joe Dumars: No wonder he looks disinterested on the court.
Madame Cleo: He has a song in his heart, but rebounding not so much.

Joe Dumars: Harrison Barnes May 30th.
Madame Cleo: Gemini tends to disperse their energy on different tasks and not just focus on one thing thus leaving a trail of unfinished projects in their wake. If they were to focus their energy in one place, their cleverness and intelligence would allow them to complete their project with success and creativity.
Joe Dumars: In other words, he would run around the court like a chicken with its head cut off.
Madame Cleo: Yes, much like Austin Daye during a particularly bad game.

Joe Dumars: Tyler Zeller January 17th, 1990.
Madame Cleo: He was born in an astrological warp when the stars refused to shine. On the cusp of nowhere and nevermore, he’s the man who got no sign. Stay away from this one unless you are lookin’ for big trouble.
Joe Dumars: Okay, good to know. I’ll stay clear. I don’t need any more draft choices like Mateen or Rodney White.

Joe Dumars: John Henson July 11th.
Madame Cleo: Once Cancers resolve their emotional issues such as shyness and insecurity, the powerful character will shine though, there is practically nothing they can't do. They have incredible perseverance and will stand up for what they believe in. With their strong intuition, sensitivity, powers of observation and intelligence, they will have great success in anything they undertake.
Joe Dumars: He sounds like the winner, I want to draft.

Joe Dumars: Thank you Madame Cleo. You have made my choice easier.
Madame Cleo: Too bad you did not consult me before you drafted Darko and traded for Allen Iverson.
Joe Dumars: Those are decisions that have brought great pain, shame, and sorrow upon my organization and me. I would appreciate it if you did not bring up those terrible memories again.
Madame Cleo: Certainly. Your indiscretions are in the past darkly. Will you be paying with cash or a credit card?
Joe Dumars: Cash and I’d like to set up an appointment for late October when I choose the players for the roster.
Madame Cleo: I think a reading of the Tarot Cards would be helpful to you.
Joe Dumars: Absolutely.

Great write up, but Joe better not draft Henson!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Mon May 28, 2012 8:01 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:

Sebastian, what you say is true if not for a couple of things. The first being how much CAP space that will be provided when Okafors' contract expires, and we can do sooo much better than that this off season for a center. N.O. is gonna benefit from the expiring contract and use that money to acquire talent in their rebuild effort. There are up and coming centers, that even in their raw stages of development, can out play Emeka Okafor at a fraction of the cost. Daye and Singlers draft rights are more valuable to us in acquiring draft picks. Ben Gordon better than Eric Gordon? I'm gonna assume that you've not seen Eric play.

DX, it is true that Eric Gordon may be better than Ben Gordon, but the guy (Eric) seems to always be hurt and I really don't believe that the Hornets are overly interested in retain Eric's services, if Indiana or other organization offer a certain amount of money at or above $11 million per.

Also, Okafor is not the best at his job description, but WE would be feeling a need (a good back-up center) for Ben G.'s debilitating contract, Austin Daye's ineptitude, and the false promise of Kyle Singler.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Don't be so quick to give away Singler unless there is an exceptional deal in exchange.

Post  cool breeze Mon May 28, 2012 9:13 pm

It seems that almost every Piston fans would be happy to include Singler in any possible deal. His name comes up almost any time a poster has a trade idea. I get it, everyone hates Duke players. Still, I would like to see him play for the Pistons. He is a smart guy who was MVP in the NCAA finals during his junior season. I have talked to several college coaches who coached against his teams in his junior and senior seasons. All of the coaches informed that they feared what he could do to their teams both on offense and defense. He has an off the charts basketball IQ. He would blend in well with Brandon Knight and be a great back up for Prince eventually taking over the starting job. Maybe I am wrong but the facts about what kind of player he was in the past usually show how how a player will perform in the NBA especially if that player is a dependable shooter, defender, rebounder, and passer. Now he has had a season to under his belt overseas. He left because of the league issues and because Dumars made it be known that Daye would be plugged in as a backup to Prince. Once again, our fearless leader was dead wrong. I am sure that Dumars will be an idiot again and give away Singler as he has done with many other players who have shown they can play at a high level in the NBA. I believe that no additional small forwards should be added to this Piston team. We have Prince, Jerebco and Singler. We need big men and better guards. I would trade some of the vets for draft rights and then draft at least two bigs and a guard or get those positions filled with a trade.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon May 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Don, you may be right... we should at least see how Singler does in the SL before shipping him out

One of the best GMs of all time Jerry West talking about talent evaluation... "Being right 51 percent of the time means you're doing well."
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty KYLE SINGLER

Post  deusXango Tue May 29, 2012 1:13 am

Merc and Don, you guys have a very valid point regarding Singler, however, when it comes to having serious trade conversations with other GMs, our options are skimpy. Kyle Singlers' rights warrant serious consideration. If we want to move Gordon or Villanueva, we may have to include Singler as an inducement. If we want multiple first round draft picks by moving back in the draft, we may have to include Singler. Duke is a hell of a program, and Singler was one of the recent best to come through there, so it's plain ignorance for anyone to discredit Singler for coming from Duke. It's a plus. The upshot of it all is, what's to be done with Jerebko should we keep Singler?

Damn Daye, we got Prince, Jerebko, and Singler lined up at SF, so who do we trade? Prince? He's managements favorite. Jerebko? He's a fan favorite. That leaves Singler, who hasn't had a chance to grow on us, and you all know how easy it is for fans to get sentimental over players once they put on a Pistons uniform. This is a time of hard choices, and it's yet to be determined if the powers that be is up to the task. Rest easy gentlemen, Singler will probably be signed by Detroit, as surely as a ludicrous draft pick will be made, and we waste another year dragging our asses along hoping to just make the playoffs.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Moose

Post  Grizz Tue May 29, 2012 5:38 am

deusXango wrote:
Grizz wrote:Why was Blair picked over Monroe for the USA Select Team?
Greg Monroe was not picked for the USA Select Team, and apparently he and the Pistons are mad about it. I can't blame him since the other big men include such luminaries as DeJuan Blair, Taj Gibson, and Derrick Favors. Greg is a notch above all those guys.
The lack of positive national exposure, the fashion in which Monroe's been coached (two coaches in two years), and the possible adverse effect it'd have on his long-range development as a Piston.

Grizz, there is no doubt in my mind that Greg Monroe is gonna be the next big thing, as far as big men go in the NBA, but the sobering thought is, will he want to remain a Piston when he becomes an URA? Look at how he's used; over-matched in the middle, and even now there are plans on the board to keep it that way. A lot of fans talk of him being inadequate as a center, while others say all he needs is help, in the form of a PF; the knowledgable fans realize that he's best suited to the PF game, just as they realized Stuckey was a SG not a PG. He gives 110%, but some nights it just ain't enough, playing as the anchor for a stringbean SF and a 6' 6" PF, both with ball-hogging tendancies, while a 6' 10" rebounding machine just sits and sits...all year long he sat. Regardless of why da' Moose was snubbed, he's our big man right now, and the guy can play!

Dx, thanks for the insight ... Sounds correct reasoning to me .. I just want our head coach to believe in the post game ... If that doesnt happen, Monroe will be mediocre ... .. and getting a get to it defensive PF would help Monroe too ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Conference Finals Losses Angst ..

Post  Grizz Tue May 29, 2012 5:43 am

So I was thinking to myself ... one thing different about the Thunder this year is they seem more driven to win at any cost because of the pain of losing in the conference finals last season... Didnt help them in game 1 vs the Spurs, I know !! .. But then I thought .. if it is terrible to lose in the conference finals .. getting so close to glory .. what about the Pistons 6 straight trips .. 4 of which were losses ... It really boggles my mind that a GM could sit as pat as ours did when we were so close to winning it all ..

There ya go Cynic .. Took another shot at our beloved GM .. lol

PS....If Joe Dumars makes any meaningful trade of any of our players .. he deserves GM of the Year .. because all the players have depreciated in worth by the wacky ways young players have been .. ahem ....undeveloped .. , and the incoherent patching together of team positions as if throwing manure at a barn, and then also due to the incompetent systems past and present coaches have had the players play by .. That is why when I hear all these trade ponderings at this forum.. I say to myself .. but no one will deal for that player .. Sad
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Trading The Lottery Pick

Post  Murph Tue May 29, 2012 9:30 am

deusXango wrote:Other than the 1st pick (Anthony Davis), I'd do my best to trade down, with Houston as my trade partner; I see no difference in quality of players slated to go from 2-9. The only real difference is we'd pay more for less talent the higher we draft. My offer to the Rockets would be our pick in the 1st round along with returning the 2nd rounder that they owe us, plus Will Bynum and the rights to Kyle Singler. In return I want their 14th and 16th pick this year, and next years unprotected 2nd rounder. It's win-win for both sides. They need a big man in the 2-9 range more than we do, and Bynum would solve their expected guard problem, while placing us in a more advantageous position, draft wise.

Trade Ben Gordon if at all possible, if not don't sweat it; amnesty him! Bid farewell to Damien Wilkins and Walker Russell Jr. Allow/encourage Maxiell to walk. If Austin Daye came into camp 1 ounce under 225 lbs. "adios mi amigo" (for the past 3 years his off season training regime seems to consist of no more than playing one-on-one with dad, in the driveway, at the mansion). With all the class this organization can muster, show Ben Wallace a fitting retirement; show him the dignity and respect he deserves for all the hard work he did for the Pistons.

With #14 I'm drafting Arnett Moultrie, and #16 Royce White. In the 2nd round with our #39 I'm taking Scott Machado. An above the rim "highlight" player, a below the rim cerebral matchup monster, and a legit pass first PG that's an extraordinary passer. All that's left is to acquire a FA center or two, if the price is right. I'd pay Omer Asik the full MLE, but I wouldn't go overboard by paying someone like Chris Kaman max money. I'm waiting for next year to see if we can add Cody Zeller or Jeff Withey, but my roster for 2012-13 would be set with:
Center- Omer Asik, good as any big or better that's coming out this year, with the exception of Ant. Davis. Monroe and Macklin are backups.
PF- Greg Monroe, the man. Arnett Moultrie,the rookie. Vernon Macklin,the boy. Charlie Villanueva,the b!tch. (That ankle thing!)
SF- Tayshaun Prince, our grizzled vet. Royce White, our real deal 3rd wheel for the Pistons "Big 3." Jonas Jerebko, "Mr. plug him in anywhere, anytime."
SG- Rodney Stuckey, has the contract, let's see the transition to SG completed. Brandon Knight is a real "combo guard" if ever there was one.
PG- Brandon Knight, our "fearless leader." Scott Machado, the rookie PG that'll make our evolving 3 guard rotation work.
I'm leaving the 12th spot open for what the future may bring, because these guys would put us firmly in the playoffs and surpass the "gangs that can't shoot straight," Indy and Philly.

Ok DX...I might buy your argument. If we could package our 1st round pick, the rights to Singler, and our 2nd round pick from Houston, and ship them back to Houston for their #14 and #16 1st round picks...I might consider it.

And with the #14 pick, I'd take Sullinger, Terrence Jones, or Andrew Nicholson. And with the #16 pick, I might take a flyer on your guy, Royce White.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Goodwill

Post  Murph Tue May 29, 2012 9:31 am

I see Vince Goodwill has jumped on the Tyler Zeller bandwagon as our lottery pick.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Which begs the question: Is Goodwill ever right about ANYTHING?

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Tue May 29, 2012 12:07 pm

Murph wrote:I see Vince Goodwill has jumped on the Tyler Zeller bandwagon as our lottery pick.

HELL NO!!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Tue May 29, 2012 12:12 pm

Murph wrote:I see Vince Goodwill has jumped on the Tyler Zeller bandwagon as our lottery pick.

Naw Murph! he's always wrong facepalm

I would not have a problem with Zeller if we took him, but again as I said before I don't think I'll have an issue with anyone we pick if we're selecting 9th 10th or 11th. Still I'm a bigger fan of his teammates Barnes and Henson if I were picking. Not sure why some are so down on selecting Zeller 16pt, 9reb 1.5Bk isn't all that teriible considering he was on the court with the twp precious mentioned teammates.

He has the size, plays with his back to the basket and I can see those college stats transition over to the pros. Put that size and those stats next to Monroe and we may have something. He might not be as of an exciting pick as some of the others bot Zeller can be the perfect role player that compliment Stuckey, Knight and Monroe. I would take Zeller before Sullinger for certain.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Trading The Lottery Pick

Post  deusXango Tue May 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Murph, after careful and open-minded consideration, I find that all 3 of your prospects for #14 are valid (if you're taking a flyer on White at #16). I personally like Terrence Jones the best out of the 3 choices you posted. The key to our having a successful draft is to have multiple mid 1st round picks, and Jones & White, along with what we have already, would put us head and shoulders above teams in the east that finished 3-8 going into the playoffs. I just hope that Joe show some stones and go out and get us a bonafide center in free agency.

Our time is now! We must be daring and press forward.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty SCOTT MACHADO

Post  deusXango Tue May 29, 2012 1:06 pm

The case I make for Scott Machado is he's a true pass first PG who can shot from the outside. I Know that Prince talked about our need for a veteran PG, but Knight is not just a talented player, but a highly intelligent, talented player who is a "gym rat." Working out and playing with a player the caliber of Machado, he's sure to grasp the fine points of passing the ball, and expanding his vision of the floor. Machado coming in the 2nd round is gonna be cheaper than any vet we could sign with comparable skills, plus his age will allow him to be (hopefully) a part of our rebuilding effort. If we got him I'd wish him nothing but success. Keep in mind that we're trying to build the best bench in basketball. Everyone's high on Monroe, Knight, Stuckey, and Prince has his supporters, so why not concentrate on a bench through the draft instead of signings? I think that Machado could be a valuable piece.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty I Think A Veterfan PG Is Required

Post  WTF Tue May 29, 2012 7:10 pm

deusXango wrote:The case I make for Scott Machado is he's a true pass first PG who can shot from the outside. I Know that Prince talked about our need for a veteran PG, but Knight is not just a talented player, but a highly intelligent, talented player who is a "gym rat." Working out and playing with a player the caliber of Machado, he's sure to grasp the fine points of passing the ball, and expanding his vision of the floor. Machado coming in the 2nd round is gonna be cheaper than any vet we could sign with comparable skills, plus his age will allow him to be (hopefully) a part of our rebuilding effort. If we got him I'd wish him nothing but success. Keep in mind that we're trying to build the best bench in basketball. Everyone's high on Monroe, Knight, Stuckey, and Prince has his supporters, so why not concentrate on a bench through the draft instead of signings? I think that Machado could be a valuable piece.

Can't do it unless we rid ourselve's the Bynum's, Gordon, Daye's and JMax's that we can't seem to dump on other teams. DX the reason why a veteran PG is needed is because none of these guys can step up and be a leader. IMO the perfect thing to do would be to bring CB back that's if he would ever want to come back here and let him do for Knight what he initailly started doing with Stuckey.

I like Knight this kid has Stuckey here working out and this was immediately after the season ended so he has that leadership ability in him. Hopefully they're watching old game films of Zeke and Joe, and Rip and CB over the summer.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty SPURS IN 4 OVER OKC

Post  WTF Tue May 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Yeah you heard it here first folks, but until OKC can really prove themselves in the half court they're doomed. I don't see them running this SPURS Team ragged as it did with the Lakers. I have to see how the Celtics rebound from last night loss before I predict a winner in that series, judging from some of the calls last night clearly the refs aren't going to help the C's any.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty THINK BACK, AND REMEMBER

Post  deusXango Tue May 29, 2012 8:56 pm

Wise, I agree that we have many albatrosses on this team, like the ones you've mentioned, but it's the GM's job to free us of the mess he created. Otis Smith got rid of Gilbert Areanas, and that was a magical act (couldn't resist it), only to loose his job. I throw that out there as food for thought.

As far as Chauncey returning to the Pistons, as much as I'd welcome that move, I don't see it happening. Joe did more than trade Chauncey for AI, he fractured a relationship with that move. I remember before the season started, quite clearly, when Joe and Chauncey were having some man-to-man talks during a golfing tournament; talks that were reported by the mass media extensively, and nothing indicated that a trade for a "superstar" was in the making. A trade for an expiring contract? A trade for Stuckey to take over the team? A trade to allow Chauncey to finish his career in Denver? I don't think any of those things were discussed, thus Chauncey Billips has every reason to feel betrayed by Joe Dumars on many levels. This was Chaunceys' team! Chauncey was resigned to his contract the year before. Who was Joe to determine when Chauncey would "hang 'em up?" Why was he the first to be traded from the 2004 championship? Was he the problem that Stuckey/AI could fix? Chauncey Billips has too much class to hold any animosity towards Dumars, but trust him? I think he's too smart to do that.

This was Iversons' last stop, of any note, in the NBA wasn't it? We suffer still with the fruits of his expired contract. Antonio McDyess was thrown in that trade, even though he returned to the fold; we haven't had a defensive big man of any worth since. Amir Johnson and Aaron Afflalo. We signed Maxiell to a contract that Johnson would have been happy with half of the money. Ben Gordon vs Aaron Afflalo? Sh!!!!!!!!!!t.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty SPURS IN 4 OVER OKC

Post  Oracle Tue May 29, 2012 10:02 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Yeah you heard it here first folks, but until OKC can really prove themselves in the half court they're doomed. I don't see them running this SPURS Team ragged as it did with the Lakers. I have to see how the Celtics rebound from last night loss before I predict a winner in that series, judging from some of the calls last night clearly the refs aren't going to help the C's any.

Spurs/OKC
That's not even close to being possible! That first game was really wierd, neither team played well, they both looked like two teams that had too much time off and were rusty.

However, OKC should have won that one because the Spurs were really off, and they're dangerous. Unlike the Lakers, when the Spurs are on, they have the BEST 3pt shooting left in the playoffs by far!

The Spurs also have the best guard left in the playoff(Westbrook is close, but not there yet), and between Parker, Manu & Duncan, they have some great finishers.

I still think that if OKC pushes this one to six, they have an advantage! The Spurs haven't been tested yet, and the longer the series goes, the more you can neutralize Duncan, and once that happens, the Spurs lose an important foundational piece.

Miami/Boston
This one is easy to call... MIAMI!!!

Boston may eek out one win, but the Celtics are terminally OLD!!!

They'll probably continue to run out of gas in the 2nd half except for one game at home... put a fork in them, they shouldn't even be there!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 pm

deusXango wrote:

HELL NO!!!!

Tyler Zeller makes me want to HURL!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Thunder in 6

Post  Grizz Tue May 29, 2012 10:49 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Yeah you heard it here first folks, but until OKC can really prove themselves in the half court they're doomed. I don't see them running this SPURS Team ragged as it did with the Lakers. I have to see how the Celtics rebound from last night loss before I predict a winner in that series, judging from some of the calls last night clearly the refs aren't going to help the C's any.

Cynic .. I think you have won this argument on common sense .. and everyone else is picking the Spurs .. but .. they havent always come through over the years ... and the Thunder have their talent concentrated in fewer players but when they are on, their youth, speed and athleticism are capable of making the winning play even against determined veteran teams.. Also OKC's motivation is higher I think than the Spurs after last season .... and the Thunder DID overwhelm the NBA's last 2 champions in their last 2 series, so clearly something special is happening with that team .... Just to be argumentative .. Picking the Thunder in 6 ... On a sidenote, Shaq and Kenny the Jet Smith both have picked the Celtics in 6! (Barkley has the Heat in 5) so I am not the only one ready to pick the underdog .
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Wed May 30, 2012 12:15 am

Grizz, I'm picking OKC, probably in 6, but the Spurs are tough! I really want OKC because I'm 100% sure they will beat the crap out of the Heat, I think it's a closer finals with the Spurs.

But remember what Wise said... Spurs in 4, a SWEEP?

That's what I know will not happen! The Spurs could win, that isn't shocking, but a sweep would be mind boggling!

Grizz wrote:

Cynic .. I think you have won this argument on common sense .. and everyone else is picking the Spurs .. but .. they havent always come through over the years ... and the Thunder have their talent concentrated in fewer players but when they are on, their youth, speed and athleticism are capable of making the winning play even against determined veteran teams.. Also OKC's motivation is higher I think than the Spurs after last season .... and the Thunder DID overwhelm the NBA's last 2 champions in their last 2 series, so clearly something special is happening with that team .... Just to be argumentative .. Picking the Thunder in 6 ... On a sidenote, Shaq and Kenny the Jet Smith both have picked the Celtics in 6! (Barkley has the Heat in 5) so I am not the only one ready to pick the underdog .
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Wed May 30, 2012 1:08 am

Oracle wrote:Grizz, I'm picking OKC, probably in 6, but the Spurs are tough! I really want OKC because I'm 100% sure they will beat the crap out of the Heat, I think it's a closer finals with the Spurs.

But remember what Wise said... Spurs in 4, a SWEEP?

That's what I know will not happen! The Spurs could win, that isn't shocking, but a sweep would be mind boggling!

Grizz wrote:

Oracle ... I felt like I was all alone on a tree limb that was being sawed off ... Thanks for joining me !! No guts .. no glory .. If it does turn out to be Thunder - Heat Finals .. there would an awesome number of highlights each game .. I think the Thunder handled the Heat pretty easily in the regular season .. but so did the Celtics ... God I hope to hell that both of the teams I hate most, Heat and Spurs, dont make the Finals ... That would be tough to handle ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty **SPURS Boring?????** R U Serious?....They are ballin'!!!

Post  Rett Wed May 30, 2012 8:15 am

AMAZING B-BAll last night!

Loved it!!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next