Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Zeller

Post  merc Fri May 25, 2012 11:10 am

Murph, I hear ya on Zeller... at the current rate this may be the last chance to land an impact player in the draft.... the player can't just be a nice compliment... this may be the year to take a risk on boom or bust... at least get a kid with a higher potential ceiling.

5 days til the lotto
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Cynical WISE fan is soooo predictable!!..........

Post  WTF Fri May 25, 2012 11:20 am

Rett wrote:At every twist and turn he will find a way to degrade Joe D.

His post has NOTHING to do about Kobe's comments...it is ONLY a segway to get his digs in against Joe D.

Like I said....so predictable.

facepalm

Duh! Actually my post was in response to 2 separated postings yours in refence to Kobe and DX in reference to breaking up the team. So of course I would dum dum I would be mentioning Joe, but I keep forget you and Sour can't read.

My comments on Kobe was the first response to both you and Grizz. Which basically said Kobe was right in his statement. Don't get mad at Kobe for speaking the truth and so what we won in 2004 beating them, Kobe and the Lakers have a title after 2004 and will likely have another before we can even conceive have another one.

Sorry Rett but you're the predictiable one because if ain't cheering you ain't hearing facepalm

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Souc Cynic is A LOSER! Simple as that.

Post  WTF Fri May 25, 2012 11:34 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Sour Cynic Is the bottom of the barrel so call fan. He has ZERO to bring to the table as far as A basketball fan.

All he is good for is sour character and stupid old, dumb-ass, played out jokes about Joe Dumars.

What about the new salary cap sour cynic? What do you thing about that? How is it going to affect the big spenders like Dallas and the Lakers?

Dumb question? I know because you don't know SHIT! About the NBA at all?

So you keep talking that same old stalker shit that you been on over Joe for years now.

violin Same old sad song.

The better question Sour Pee Boy is what will Joe do with new CBA and Salary cap in place. Both the Lakers and Maverick have the options of making trades becuase they have viable trade piece. Bacsically thay can both can upgrade with making major trades or spending a lot of money. The Lakers can pretty much keep Gasol, Bynum, Kobe, Session and Metta and upgrade their bench with perhaps another big which they can acquire in the draft.

Your problem Pee Boy like the other cheerleaders is that you'll are perfectly happy with Joe in charge, and that bad case of homerism you all have keeps you form being open minded. BTW Pee Boy I know more basket than you will ever know and I will continue to talk about and be critical of the sorry GM we have.

You and Rett have it all wrong because you two are bottom of the barrel fans, because you are part the the 4,000 dummies that show up at the Palace for sub-.500 basketabll. Some jow you think that makes you a great fan facepalm

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Fri May 25, 2012 12:10 pm

Sour Pee Boy say's, I'm not taking anything away for the Spurs Executives because they have done A great...great job and they have been lucky as well. David Robinson and Tim Duncan is some of the best luck any small franchise like the Spurs can hope and pray for. That's two ALL TIME hall of fame centers. That's the luck.

See this the shit I'm talking about. How can you down play the Spurs even the the slightest yet always sucking Joe drawers and making excuses as if getting Rip, CB, Big Ben, and Sheed wasn't a strock of luck for Joe. Plus what do david Robinson have to do with the Spusr current success since 2004? How can you simplify Joe's miscues to just the Darko screw as if Joe GM life began at 2004, when he had back to back screw ups in the draft prior to darko and his failed attempt to hold on to the one Superstar the team did had.

The Spurs are better much in the way the Maverick and Lakers continued their success the weren't afraid to reach for acheivement. each season we all watch Joe stand pats and wait for the scraps from free agency to fall in his lap, we all watch him blink at trade proposal becuase he was scared of making a mistake. But here you go as usual down playing what other teams accomplish by say they were lucky, I guess Joe was just unlucky.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Dont think so!

Post  WTF Fri May 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Grizz wrote:Cynic... 15 years without a title is NOT unusual .. In fact .. how many teams have even won a title? .. No .. this is about Kobe taking out the frustrations of getting wiped out by the Thunder, even though having TONS of talent .. a replay of getting stomped by the Pistons while having a supposively invincible team .. Kobe.. any superstar with all the talent you have been surrounded with should have DONE BETTER than 5 titles . ... get out of our face before we make you ..

Stop it! Just Stop acting like those other 2 Knuckleheads Grizz, you do this at least twice during the season and then all off-season. Kobe made a valid point about teams falling and the 89-90 Pistons were a great example so why get mad. Sure he could have said Boston after we took over, damn there was nothing personal about it did you even hear what he said or are you taking Rett's interpretation of it?

The man simply used that 15 years lapses as example. Secondly who gives a shit if it's not unusual for a team to have a 15year title lapse. Why would you want that for your own team? Neither does it make failure acceptable

In fact stop moaning all together Grizz because by your acceptable standards/terms of having a 15 years lapses the Pistons get another 7 years to be losers before they need to win another title. Kobe has 5 titles in his 12 years in the league that 2 more than the Piston had in that past 30 years...hmmm think Kobe earn the right to make a comment and it clearly obvious his has higher standards than every 15 years.

Sound like you're just hating and being sensitive to a truthful comment.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Tyler Zeller, is A safe pick that I would pass on

Post  Phil-Good Fri May 25, 2012 3:02 pm

This Zeller kid is what I would call A safe, no risk, no reward pick. It will always be a guy who gets drafted behind A player like this that you say WOW! Who passed on him.

The Pistons need A impact player. Even if it's at the Guard spot. If you take A Zeller type of guy it's A need pick and I would go for the best player available before I go for A need, so..so.. guy like zeller.

Let's see if I can go back and look at some other drafts and pull out a few safe pick names. Cole Aldrich, off the top of my head. Maybe Psycho T from the Pacers and North Carolina. Kimba Walker, and Jimmy Fredette.

I would have pass on the safe pick depending on my situation and my draft position. If anything I would trade down or out for somebody I really like.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Zeller

Post  WTF Fri May 25, 2012 5:11 pm

There aren't any homerun picks although I have a gut feeling that both Henson and Barnes suit us best. I don't think I'll be disappointed with who we pick at #9. I agrre throw the dollars at either Chris or Omir and draft Henson then see what you can get for Ben Gordon via trade and take. I would rather be giving Chris the 12 million we've been gifting Gordon for 3 season.

At some point you have to feel you roster with role player or have you all forgotten how we one titles in Detroit. Taking a role player with 9 pick be at any of the position makes sense because you can't go beyond Stuckey, Knight and Monroe and say that any other player on our roster makes sense. Our problems can only be addressed in trade or free agnecy.

Having Charlie, Greg, Henson and Chris addresses the front court need, finding a veteran back up for Stuckey and Knight is a must if you want to experiment with JJ a SF so be it. Everyone else shoukd be traded so Joe need to be talking to LA about Tay, Ben Gordon should be in some discussion about some form of a sign and trade scenario that could land us Jamal Crawford.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty SAFE PICK MY @$$

Post  deusXango Fri May 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:This Zeller kid is what I would call A safe, no risk, no reward pick. It will always be a guy who gets drafted behind A player like this that you say WOW! Who passed on him.

The Pistons need A impact player. Even if it's at the Guard spot. If you take A Zeller type of guy it's A need pick and I would go for the best player available before I go for A need, so..so.. guy like zeller.

Let's see if I can go back and look at some other drafts and pull out a few safe pick names. Cole Aldrich, off the top of my head. Maybe Psycho T from the Pacers and North Carolina. Kimba Walker, and Jimmy Fredette.

I would have pass on the safe pick depending on my situation and my draft position. If anything I would trade down or out for somebody I really like.
Well stated Phillip, I agree with your post 100%. We've gone off the ranch with this "safe pick" sh!t; everybody from Harrison Barnes to Tyler Zeller with a ground swell of support for John Henson. Poppycock! We've got Jerebko 6' 10". We've got Macklin 6' 10". We've even got Villanueva, for God's sake, who is also 6' 10"! Our best big man, Greg Monroe, is 6' 10". On the hunt for more stringbean or mediocre one dimensional scorer, or a player just because he's tall is nonsense. We need to go hard after a real FA center or two, and roll the dice on hellafied talent with the #9 pick. If we can't package it with a player, like Prince, for multiple first rounders, then use it for Royce White! He's ready, special, and will be that player that you've mentioned, "WOW! Who passed on him."
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty OK but am I a rose colored glasses fan?

Post  Grizz Fri May 25, 2012 10:06 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Grizz wrote:Cynic... 15 years without a title is NOT unusual .. In fact .. how many teams have even won a title? .. No .. this is about Kobe taking out the frustrations of getting wiped out by the Thunder, even though having TONS of talent .. a replay of getting stomped by the Pistons while having a supposively invincible team .. Kobe.. any superstar with all the talent you have been surrounded with should have DONE BETTER than 5 titles . ... get out of our face before we make you ..

Stop it! Just Stop acting like those other 2 Knuckleheads Grizz, you do this at least twice during the season and then all off-season. Kobe made a valid point about teams falling and the 89-90 Pistons were a great example so why get mad. Sure he could have said Boston after we took over, damn there was nothing personal about it did you even hear what he said or are you taking Rett's interpretation of it?

The man simply used that 15 years lapses as example. Secondly who gives a shit if it's not unusual for a team to have a 15year title lapse. Why would you want that for your own team? Neither does it make failure acceptable

In fact stop moaning all together Grizz because by your acceptable standards/terms of having a 15 years lapses the Pistons get another 7 years to be losers before they need to win another title. Kobe has 5 titles in his 12 years in the league that 2 more than the Piston had in that past 30 years...hmmm think Kobe earn the right to make a comment and it clearly obvious his has higher standards than every 15 years.

Cynic .... Believe it or not .. I see and agree with ALL your points lol ......BUT ... NOT in the CONTEXT of KOBE .. I cant take any guff from the MJ wanna be ... He lost in his finals match up with our team .. and HE is the one who is MOANING and bitching ... So yeah .. YOU can say those things and I will agree .. but KOBE CANNOT because he is the opposition who LOST and WONT TAKE IT LIKE A MAN.... Kobe .. you suck for saying that taunt .. .. and he was obviously referring to the post-Bad Boys ..which was STUPID lol of Jelly Bean Bryant's Jelly Bean Son because Joe D was NOT the GM then when we were TEAL ... and NONE of the players who kicked his butt in 2004 were on the lame TEAL teams ... Kobe's crying comes from TWO 5 game demoltions .. 2004 and 2012 .. when the LAKERS had MORE talent, but because KOBE is SO INTO HIMSELF as being the SAVIOR BASKETBALL GOD, BUT CANNOT BE a REAL LEADER who sacrifices everything to make the team ONE and STRONG enough to win a championship, KOBE FAILS as a leader... I mean .. what kind of alpha leader has to call out his own teammates publicly? A fake captain without class or true conviction ... So Kobe ... keep remembering your humiliation by us, the Pistons, and the Thunder, who had REAL LEADERSHIP and REAL TEAMS, when your team lost due to your selfish anti-team antics.........SO to Kobe's 2012 yammerings .. SHUT the EFF UP! Twisted Evil ... but yes .. otherwise .. I agree Cynic .. Very Happy
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Tyler Zeller? My Arse!!!

Post  Oracle Fri May 25, 2012 10:52 pm

PLEASE leave this big gump alone, I smell LOSER all over has arse!!!

And if that didn't turn you off, then this will really do it!

This GUMP is on CRACK!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty DOWN TO EARTH COMMON SENSE

Post  deusXango Sat May 26, 2012 2:46 am

merc wrote:Murph, I hear ya on Zeller... at the current rate this may be the last chance to land an impact player in the draft.... the player can't just be a nice compliment... this may be the year to take a risk on boom or bust... at least get a kid with a higher potential ceiling.

5 days til the lotto
Merc, without naming names, you've got the right idea; the only course of action that makes any sense, what-so-ever!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Listen up Philly Fans

Post  Rett Sun May 27, 2012 12:02 am

Dear 76'ers fans, you have until midnight to remove your car flags. No need to wash your jerseys. Your season has to come to an end. Holla!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty REALLY FOR REAL

Post  WTF Sun May 27, 2012 2:11 am

Rett wrote:Dear 76'ers fans, you have until midnight to remove your car flags. No need to wash your jerseys. Your season has to come to an end. Holla!

Yep! do you remember your team couldn't make the playoffs facepalm Always whining when your team is criticized or when Kobe tells the but its to crack on Philly. Don't know which one of you lames (You or Pee Boy) are worse.

Why not just pat Philly on the head and give them a hearty cheer like you did our Pistons for not even making it as an 8th seed facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: OK but am I a rose colored glasses fan?

Post  WTF Sun May 27, 2012 2:30 am

Grizz wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

Cynic .... Believe it or not .. I see and agree with ALL your points lol ......BUT ... NOT in the CONTEXT of KOBE .. I cant take any guff from the MJ wanna be ... He lost in his finals match up with our team .. and HE is the one who is MOANING and bitching ... So yeah .. YOU can say those things and I will agree .. but KOBE CANNOT because he is the opposition who LOST and WONT TAKE IT LIKE A MAN.... Kobe .. you suck for saying that taunt .. .. and he was obviously referring to the post-Bad Boys ..which was STUPID lol of Jelly Bean Bryant's Jelly Bean Son because Joe D was NOT the GM then when we were TEAL ... and NONE of the players who kicked his butt in 2004 were on the lame TEAL teams ... Kobe's crying comes from TWO 5 game demoltions .. 2004 and 2012 .. when the LAKERS had MORE talent, but because KOBE is SO INTO HIMSELF as being the SAVIOR BASKETBALL GOD, BUT CANNOT BE a REAL LEADER who sacrifices everything to make the team ONE and STRONG enough to win a championship, KOBE FAILS as a leader... I mean .. what kind of alpha leader has to call out his own teammates publicly? A fake captain without class or true conviction ... So Kobe ... keep remembering your humiliation by us, the Pistons, and the Thunder, who had REAL LEADERSHIP and REAL TEAMS, when your team lost due to your selfish anti-team antics.........SO to Kobe's 2012 yammerings .. SHUT the EFF UP! Twisted Evil ... but yes .. otherwise .. I agree Cynic .. Very Happy

So you just hate Kobe but that doesn't diminish his 5 NBA Titles and and it nothing wrong with calling out players publically, Gasol played like a pussy and Bymum wasn't consistent and Brown is questionable as a coach. Kobe sent a message not only to his team mates, but to management as well. As much as I love CB he should have done the same thing Kobe did and just maybe they would have had more one title.

Leaders call players out publically or privately MJ did it, Magic did it, Zeke did and so did Bird. Like or not Kobe and Duncan is the last of these kind of players. Kobe the closest player we'll ever see to MJ only three of those players actually made players around them better the one that has 6 titles simply dominated the game of basketball.

I loved the fact that we won in 2004 and it a beautiful thing to see, but imaging a healthy Malone and Glove in those Finals and ask if the out would have been the same? Perhaps, perhaps not. I don't understand how some of you can be critical of other teams but not our on team. I so glad to be our biggest critic on the forum.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Sun May 27, 2012 6:16 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Grizz wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

So you just hate Kobe but that doesn't diminish his 5 NBA Titles and and it nothing wrong with calling out players publically, Gasol played like a pussy and Bymum wasn't consistent and Brown is questionable as a coach. Kobe sent a message not only to his team mates, but to management as well. As much as I love CB he should have done the same thing Kobe did and just maybe they would have had more one title.

Leaders call players out publically or privately MJ did it, Magic did it, Zeke did and so did Bird. Like or not Kobe and Duncan is the last of these kind of players. Kobe the closest player we'll ever see to MJ only three of those players actually made players around them better the one that has 6 titles simply dominated the game of basketball.

I loved the fact that we won in 2004 and it a beautiful thing to see, but imaging a healthy Malone and Glove in those Finals and ask if the out would have been the same? Perhaps, perhaps not. I don't understand how some of you can be critical of other teams but not our on team. I so glad to be our biggest critic on the forum.

Hey Cynic .. I think you are reading way too much into these comments .. I have been downright mean to Joe Dumars at every chance I get .. Kobe? He's a punk .. He shoots and misses a lot .. doesnt make his teammates better .. and the only thing he, the supposive leader of the Lakers has to say in the play-offs ,is to blame his teammates for losing the game, even as he shoots wildly and way too often, and apparently still feels the burn lol from the 2004 5 game sweep .. Glove was fine and got p'owned by Billups .. Malone? Always choked even when healthy in the big games .. Nevertheless ... peace out to you Cynic ... We dont have to agree .. no problem ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Darn It

Post  WTF Sun May 27, 2012 8:26 am

Aaah Come On Grizz let's argue Very Happy Tired of fighting with Pee Boy. Okay I'll try fighting with DX.....
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty WHAT??!!

Post  deusXango Sun May 27, 2012 8:35 am

WISEFAN wrote:Aaah Come On Grizz let's argue Very Happy Tired of fighting with Pee Boy. Okay I'll try fighting with DX.....
Put 'em up Wise. Royce White, Royce White, Royce White! There's no one available for us with a more diversified array of basketball skills than Royce White. Come on, hit me.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty WERE I IN CHARGE, I'D DO THIS...

Post  deusXango Sun May 27, 2012 3:43 pm

Other than the 1st pick (Anthony Davis), I'd do my best to trade down, with Houston as my trade partner; I see no difference in quality of players slated to go from 2-9. The only real difference is we'd pay more for less talent the higher we draft. My offer to the Rockets would be our pick in the 1st round along with returning the 2nd rounder that they owe us, plus Will Bynum and the rights to Kyle Singler. In return I want their 14th and 16th pick this year, and next years unprotected 2nd rounder. It's win-win for both sides. They need a big man in the 2-9 range more than we do, and Bynum would solve their expected guard problem, while placing us in a more advantageous position, draft wise.

Trade Ben Gordon if at all possible, if not don't sweat it; amnesty him! Bid farewell to Damien Wilkins and Walker Russell Jr. Allow/encourage Maxiell to walk. If Austin Daye came into camp 1 ounce under 225 lbs. "adios mi amigo" (for the past 3 years his off season training regime seems to consist of no more than playing one-on-one with dad, in the driveway, at the mansion). With all the class this organization can muster, show Ben Wallace a fitting retirement; show him the dignity and respect he deserves for all the hard work he did for the Pistons.

With #14 I'm drafting Arnett Moultrie, and #16 Royce White. In the 2nd round with our #39 I'm taking Scott Machado. An above the rim "highlight" player, a below the rim cerebral matchup monster, and a legit pass first PG that's an extraordinary passer. All that's left is to acquire a FA center or two, if the price is right. I'd pay Omer Asik the full MLE, but I wouldn't go overboard by paying someone like Chris Kaman max money. I'm waiting for next year to see if we can add Cody Zeller or Jeff Withey, but my roster for 2012-13 would be set with:
Center- Omer Asik, good as any big or better that's coming out this year, with the exception of Ant. Davis. Monroe and Macklin are backups.
PF- Greg Monroe, the man. Arnett Moultrie,the rookie. Vernon Macklin,the boy. Charlie Villanueva,the b!tch. (That ankle thing!)
SF- Tayshaun Prince, our grizzled vet. Royce White, our real deal 3rd wheel for the Pistons "Big 3." Jonas Jerebko, "Mr. plug him in anywhere, anytime."
SG- Rodney Stuckey, has the contract, let's see the transition to SG completed. Brandon Knight is a real "combo guard" if ever there was one.
PG- Brandon Knight, our "fearless leader." Scott Machado, the rookie PG that'll make our evolving 3 guard rotation work.
I'm leaving the 12th spot open for what the future may bring, because these guys would put us firmly in the playoffs and surpass the "gangs that can't shoot straight," Indy and Philly.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm

DX, I like your plan tb
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Off season moves, starting with the Draft Order May 30 ...

Post  Sebastian Sun May 27, 2012 6:49 pm

deusXango wrote:Other than the 1st pick (Anthony Davis), I'd do my best to trade down, with Houston as my trade partner; I see no difference in quality of players slated to go from 2-9. The only real difference is we'd pay more for less talent the higher we draft. My offer to the Rockets would be our pick in the 1st round along with returning the 2nd rounder that they owe us, plus Will Bynum and the rights to Kyle Singler. In return I want their 14th and 16th pick this year, and next years unprotected 2nd rounder. It's win-win for both sides. They need a big man in the 2-9 range more than we do, and Bynum would solve their expected guard problem, while placing us in a more advantageous position, draft wise.

Trade Ben Gordon if at all possible, if not don't sweat it; amnesty him! Bid farewell to Damien Wilkins and Walker Russell Jr. Allow/encourage Maxiell to walk. If Austin Daye came into camp 1 ounce under 225 lbs. "adios mi amigo" (for the past 3 years his off season training regime seems to consist of no more than playing one-on-one with dad, in the driveway, at the mansion). With all the class this organization can muster, show Ben Wallace a fitting retirement; show him the dignity and respect he deserves for all the hard work he did for the Pistons.

With #14 I'm drafting Arnett Moultrie, and #16 Royce White. In the 2nd round with our #39 I'm taking Scott Machado. An above the rim "highlight" player, a below the rim cerebral matchup monster, and a legit pass first PG that's an extraordinary passer. All that's left is to acquire a FA center or two, if the price is right. I'd pay Omer Asik the full MLE, but I wouldn't go overboard by paying someone like Chris Kaman max money. I'm waiting for next year to see if we can add Cody Zeller or Jeff Withey, but my roster for 2012-13 would be set with:
Center- Omer Asik, good as any big or better that's coming out this year, with the exception of Ant. Davis. Monroe and Macklin are backups.
PF- Greg Monroe, the man. Arnett Moultrie,the rookie. Vernon Macklin,the boy. Charlie Villanueva,the b!tch. (That ankle thing!)
SF- Tayshaun Prince, our grizzled vet. Royce White, our real deal 3rd wheel for the Pistons "Big 3." Jonas Jerebko, "Mr. plug him in anywhere, anytime."
SG- Rodney Stuckey, has the contract, let's see the transition to SG completed. Brandon Knight is a real "combo guard" if ever there was one.
PG- Brandon Knight, our "fearless leader." Scott Machado, the rookie PG that'll make our evolving 3 guard rotation work.
I'm leaving the 12th spot open for what the future may bring, because these guys would put us firmly in the playoffs and surpass the "gangs that can't shoot straight," Indy and Philly.

DX, I hope like hell that Joe and his team are considering every possible scenario, but drafting Zeller or Henson at #9.

I sort of like what you have proposed, but I'm sticking with the following moves that I proposed, last week. But, I do respect what you have suggested and any other reasonable suggestions that may be submitted by OUR fellow Pistons fans.

Here's what I would do, if I were Joe:

1. Acquire Landry Fields (UFA) and start him at the SG position. Fields is a cerebral player, good defender, has decent jumper with three point range, and moves well without the ball. Stuckey, then becomes OUR 6th man. Stuckey can bring his combo skills every night, averaging 17 pts, 4 ast, 4 rbs per game in 30-35 minutes per game.

2. Acquire Ian Mahinmi (UFA). Mahinmi would make a great obtion as a back-up PF.

3. Amnesty Charlie V. and spend his money on acquiring Ersan Ilyasova (UFA). Ilyasova is a sneaky, good scorer and productive rebounder.

4. Move Ben G., Austin Daye, and the rights to Kyle Singler to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor. Okafor would make a decent starting and/or back-up center.

5. Move Tay to Portland for a future draft pick. The Trailblazers are currently without a credible starting SF on their roster and probably are better suited to utilized Tay's skill-set than any other potential trade partner.

6. Ask, gracefully, Big Ben to retire and possible joining the coaching staff.

7. Don't return Russell Walker and Damian Wilkins.

Then WE look like this:

PG - Knight/Stuckey/Will B.
SG - Fields/Stuckey
SF - White (if Perry Jones III is not on the board) /Jerebko
PF - Ilyasova/Mahinmi
C- Monroe/Okafor/Macklin

Joe better get his ass to work!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon May 28, 2012 1:14 am

Sebastian... " Ben G., Austin Daye, and the rights to Kyle Singler to New Orleans for Emeka Okafor"
If you're the GM of N.O. do you even think twice about this deal?... we need to work on the other teams perspective.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty No Fighting is No Fun ..

Post  Grizz Mon May 28, 2012 6:41 am

WISEFAN wrote:Aaah Come On Grizz let's argue Very Happy Tired of fighting with Pee Boy. Okay I'll try fighting with DX.....

True Cynic .. Twisted Evil = Very Happy We are all here because we have to vent our Piston frustrations away ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty DeJuan Blair

Post  Grizz Mon May 28, 2012 6:51 am

Question one:

Why isnt DeJuan Blair playing? Is he in the doghouse? IMO .. the only chance Joe D has at making a good / meaningful trade is for a good player whom some team has taken the wrong approach on .. Not that Blair is a star or anything .. but ... getting rid of our deadwood for someone who can be productive .. a step up .. Scoured the Internet but couldnt find out why Blair is glued to the bench .. Even went through Blair's twitter texts and the only thing I discovered is that player is very down to earth and popular with the fans ..

Question two: Why was Blair picked over Monroe for the USA Select Team?
Greg Monroe was not picked for the USA Select Team, and apparently he and the Pistons are mad about it. I can't blame him since the other big men include such luminaries as DeJuan Blair, Taj Gibson, and Derrick Favors. Greg is a notch above all those guys.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty JUST MY OPINION

Post  deusXango Mon May 28, 2012 9:53 am

Grizz wrote:Why was Blair picked over Monroe for the USA Select Team?
Greg Monroe was not picked for the USA Select Team, and apparently he and the Pistons are mad about it. I can't blame him since the other big men include such luminaries as DeJuan Blair, Taj Gibson, and Derrick Favors. Greg is a notch above all those guys.
The lack of positive national exposure, the fashion in which Monroe's been coached (two coaches in two years), and the possible adverse effect it'd have on his long-range development as a Piston.

Grizz, there is no doubt in my mind that Greg Monroe is gonna be the next big thing, as far as big men go in the NBA, but the sobering thought is, will he want to remain a Piston when he becomes an URA? Look at how he's used; over-matched in the middle, and even now there are plans on the board to keep it that way. A lot of fans talk of him being inadequate as a center, while others say all he needs is help, in the form of a PF; the knowledgable fans realize that he's best suited to the PF game, just as they realized Stuckey was a SG not a PG. He gives 110%, but some nights it just ain't enough, playing as the anchor for a stringbean SF and a 6' 6" PF, both with ball-hogging tendancies, while a 6' 10" rebounding machine just sits and sits...all year long he sat. Regardless of why da' Moose was snubbed, he's our big man right now, and the guy can play!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty THANKS MERC

Post  deusXango Mon May 28, 2012 10:02 am

merc wrote:DX, I like your plan tb
Your vote of confidence means a lot to me...you're always serious and thoughtful.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next