Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty 2012-13 PISTONS ROSTER WITHOUT A FREE AGENT SIGNING

Post  deusXango Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:00 am

PG-Knight/Machado

SG-Stuckey/Gordon

SF-White/Singler

PF-Moultrie/Jerebko

C- Monroe/Macklin/O'Quinn

The infusion of the wing/paint players paired with Monroe will make a world of positive difference. Moultrie doesn't have to block a couple of shots a night, just alter a ton of them (which he can at 6' 11"), and White will be outstanding with the pick & roll with Knight and Stuckey (a play almost never ran with Prince). And that dribble hand off for our guards long range shooting; awesome! I see the Pistons as potentially the highest rebounding team in the NBA with this group of bigs. We don't have that coveted shot-blocker a lot of us want, but our interior defense should be 2-3X's better than last years, and all this in a developmental stage. Look to next year when Cody Zeller, James McAdoo, and Jeff Withey will be coming out, for your shot-blocker. This is a team that can challenge the teams in the east on the rise, ie. Philly, NY, and Indy; all we gotta do is put them in the rear view mirror in the next year or two, and we're well on our way. I don't see any of the five new players having trouble adjusting to the NBA game. Enjoy the half-time show.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Stern Superstar Evil Scams

Post  Grizz Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:33 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

This 2012 series got me thinking about NBA seasons. Very certain that the 2012 Finals and Eastern Conference Finals were the most corrupt and inept refereeing ever. Thus, as Stern's Regime continues, he more and more just does not give a damn what it looks like, as we witnesses in the play-offs and the draft lottery.

So I cared about this year because I hate the cHeat but the only other seasons that really matter are the ones the Pistons have been in contention. So my question is: How much of Stern Referee Attrocities have taken place during these Piston years of almost greatness?

1988: Lose to the Lakers in the NBA Finals.Saw it and certain we win if the series is called fairly in every game.
1991: Lose to the Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals.Only saw game 4 (a relative video taped it for me) as I was in Cameroon as a volunteer at the time. Would guess the series was somewhat one-sided but that the Bulls were just in better overall team shape at the time so it would not have mattered.

2005: Lose to the Spurs in the NBA Finals. Saw and it and certain we win if the series is called fairly in every game.

2006: Lose to the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals. Somehow missed this being overseas. Opinions on this? I have read in a number of places that the Finals seemed fix to make sure the Heat won. God, if only Joe D had drafted Wade the entire NBA universe would have been a 1000% different!!!

2007: Somehow missed this being overseas. Opinions on this? LBJ scores 25 straight points!? Anything involving LBJ must have been fixed. But I do remember reading that some players blamed Flip because he did not respond to what LBJ was doing.

2008: Saw this and it seemed straight up and fair when we lost to the Celtics in their most recent successful title run.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Big Day

Post  Sparma Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 am

How long before rumors begin to leak about the workout the Pistons are holding today with several targeted big guys? Or total silence? I see Stuckey plans to be there. Sounds like he's becoming super serious about diet and conditioning.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Austin Rivers might be the go to guy at 9

Post  Phil-Good Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm looking for the best player not A big need.

Yes the Pistons need big boys bad! But the facts are clear about the NBA Draft. Draft the best player!
I say go with Austin Rivers and get rid of Ben Gordon ASAP.

The big man the Pistons need will be there eventually via trade or free agent in A few years. But for now it's no way I would pass on Austin Rivers. He was born to be A NBA baller and I can't see him not becoming A elite NBA 2 guard over time.

That's who I would roll with.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:15 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:I'm looking for the best player not A big need.

Yes the Pistons need big boys bad! But the facts are clear about the NBA Draft. Draft the best player!
I say go with Austin Rivers and get rid of Ben Gordon ASAP.

The big man the Pistons need will be there eventually via trade or free agent in A few years. But for now it's no way I would pass on Austin Rivers. He was born to be A NBA baller and I can't see him not becoming A elite NBA 2 guard over time.

That's who I would roll with.

First you where sucking Harrison Barnes drawers then Henson, and if I'm not mistaken Sullingers drawers in the very beginning and now you're sucking Rivers drawers. Please pick someone and stick with them, by Thursday you'll be on some other player as a choice....

IMO Joe would be wise to go big considering his inability to move players. So unless Joe moves a player via trade (Bynum, or Ben) from now until Thursday he need to foucs on drafting a big.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty ESPN new mock

Post  merc Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Ford's got us taking Leonard with 3 days left... it's getting close enough to start taking them serious (they nailed last years draft)...
ESPN "Analysis: The Pistons had a huge workout scheduled for Monday with Leonard, Tyler Zeller, Perry Jones, Terrence Jones, John Henson and Jared Sullinger. Going into the workout, it looked as if Leonard and Henson had a slight edge over the rest of the group.

The Pistons really want to move Greg Monroe back over to the 4 and need a big, physical center to guard the paint. Leonard could be that guy. However, the team also sees Henson, with his elite shot-blocking ability, as a potential fit, and he could very well be the guy."
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Grizz wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

This 2012 series got me thinking about NBA seasons. Very certain that the 2012 Finals and Eastern Conference Finals were the most corrupt and inept refereeing ever. Thus, as Stern's Regime continues, he more and more just does not give a damn what it looks like, as we witnesses in the play-offs and the draft lottery.

So I cared about this year because I hate the cHeat but the only other seasons that really matter are the ones the Pistons have been in contention. So my question is: How much of Stern Referee Attrocities have taken place during these Piston years of almost greatness?

1988: Lose to the Lakers in the NBA Finals.Saw it and certain we win if the series is called fairly in every game.
1991: Lose to the Bulls in the Eastern Conference Finals.Only saw game 4 (a relative video taped it for me) as I was in Cameroon as a volunteer at the time. Would guess the series was somewhat one-sided but that the Bulls were just in better overall team shape at the time so it would not have mattered.

2005: Lose to the Spurs in the NBA Finals. Saw and it and certain we win if the series is called fairly in every game.

2006: Lose to the Heat in the Eastern Conference Finals. Somehow missed this being overseas. Opinions on this? I have read in a number of places that the Finals seemed fix to make sure the Heat won. God, if only Joe D had drafted Wade the entire NBA universe would have been a 1000% different!!!

2007: Somehow missed this being overseas. Opinions on this? LBJ scores 25 straight points!? Anything involving LBJ must have been fixed. But I do remember reading that some players blamed Flip because he did not respond to what LBJ was doing.

2008: Saw this and it seemed straight up and fair when we lost to the Celtics in their most recent successful title run.

Great pictures Grizz! The devil is in the details and this recent championship has many details available to eveyone to prove that all of the series involving the Miami Heat were not called honestly by the refs.

I agree with you regarding the year 1988 that the finals seemed to be fixed.

1991 - yes fixed series

2005 - It seemed that calls were going to Spur players who drove to the basket everytime much like Labron getting those touch fouls while he was mugging OKC players on defense and they did not get the calls. Still, I cannot forget or forgive the brain fart Rasheed had at the end of the critical home game to give up a open three on an inbounds play. Rasheed was running his mouth too much instead of concentrating on the game. That is how he will be remembered. Rasheed could have been one of the best basketball players of all time but some believe that he elected to smoke weed instead and then expose his hot temper during the games.

2006 - Fixed series

2007 - This is the season where the front office decided to start fixing the games for Labron telling him not to worry about fouling opposing players or for missing any shots when he decided to drive to the basket. This is when James decided that it was worth the price to penetrate because he knew that he couldn't lose. If he missed a shot, he would still go to the line. Also, Detroit's big men did a horrible job being in position when James did drive but maybe Piston players just gave up when the calls went against them.

2008 - agree this series seemed to be fixed.

Great job Grizz. Send this post to the NBA for their review. Include those photos of David Stern.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:04 pm

Grizz wrote:The NBA, Where Corruption Happens
From Wordpress.com
By David Adler

Star player treatment, inflated egos, and conspiracy theories have brought NBA officiating to a new low.

Although former NBA official Tim Donaghy admitted to fixing games when he was an NBA official, Donaghy released inside information revealing the truth about NBA officials. Donaghy’s novel, Blowing the Whistle, focuses on the behaviors of referees.

In the Eastern Conference Finals between the Boston Celtics and the Miami Heat, the Celtics were hit with five technical fouls in the first game even though the Celtics did little to deserve those technical fouls.

“Ray Allen and Doc Rivers did nothing to disrespect the game. There were also several instances were Heat players could’ve been assessed with technical when they weren’t. It’s always easier to T up the road team so the refs don’t have to deal with the home crowd,” said Donaghy.

Going into Game 2, there was the notion that the referees might compensate for the poor officiating in Game 1. However, that was not the case as the Heat had 47 free throw attempts to the Celtics 29 free throw attempts. LeBron James, shot 24 free throws all by himself.

Many Celtic fans believe that there is a conspiracy to get LeBron James and Dwyane Wade to the finals instead of the Celtics.

Junior Steven Kessler says that the officiating in the Eastern Conference Finals has been so biased that the Celtics are put at a major disadvantage.

“Whenever LeBron (James) misses a shot, the Celtics are called for the a foul. The refs are controlling the game when it should be about the players,” said Kessler.

“The referees are aware of what’s good for the league and what’s good for them. You already have either San Antonio or Oklahoma City in the Finals and what’s better for the league globally is to have Dwyane Wade and LeBron James in the NBA Finals also,” Donaghy said.

While some officials protect some star players, other refs hold grudges against players. Donaghy says that Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo is building a poor reputation among NBA officials.

“I definitely think he does. Depending on what type of referee is on the floor, they’re all gonna seek out and be the guy to T him up,” said Donaghy.

During the first round of the 2012 Playoffs, rondo was suspended after making contact with NBA official Marc Davis; however, Donaghy attributes Davis’ ego to Rondo getting the technical in the first place.

“Davis is a referee who think people pay for the ticket to come and see him. He’s one of those guys who have a little bit of an ego. It’s not the first time that Marc Davis has had a history with some of the Boston players,” added Donaghy.

On the other hand, Donaghy says that the league’s marquee players receive extra benefits from the officials.

“If a player of Kobe’s stature collides with the likes of Raja Bell, the call will almost always go for Kobe and against Bell. The footage I analyzed usually illustrated fouls being called against Bell, rarely for him. The message was subtle but clear — call fouls against the star stopper because he’s hurting the game,” said Donaghy.

Because refs have their own inflated egos, they often manipulate the calls in order to gain more publicity.

Donaghy says that current NBA official Dick Bavetta was more concerned with himself than the game.

“Bavetta actually paid an employee to watch all the games he worked and down everything the TV commentators said about him. He loved the attention. From my earliest involvement with Bavetta, I learned that he liked to keep games close by frequently blowing the whistle on the team that’s having the better night,” said Donaghy.

What Bavetta doesn’t understand is that NBA fans care about the basketball games. Bavetta and other refs think that people are watching the games to see them, which is the farthest thing from the truth.

All NBA fans know that the league prefers long playoff series to boost revenue; however, Donaghy says that the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Sacramento Kings and Los Angeles Lakers was series manipulation at its worst.

“Prior to Game 6, the league offices sent down word that certain calls-calls that would have benefitted the Lakers -were being missed. Bavetta then said ‘If we give the benefit of the calls to the team that’s down in the series, the series will be even at three, and then the better team can win game 7’,” added Donaghy.

In Game 6, the Lakers had a wild comeback where they were repeatedly sent to the line by referees. The Lakers then won Game 7 to advance to the NBA Finals.

If one team is better than the other team, the weaker should not be aided by the refs in order to prolong a series. What would be so terrible about the underdog Sacramento Kings upsetting the star-studded Los Angeles Lakers?

There is no punishment for poor officiating. The same referees with the same tendencies continue to make subjective calls without any repercussions.

While baseball, football, and hockey all have their flaws, they still have their dignity in tact. The NBA remains light years behind the rest of professional sports in ensuring a fair, i

This is why this forum is great Grizz because of people like you. Thanks again for offering this post. I have not yet purchased "The Whistle" but will do so soon. It is amazing that so little attention has been given by either the Detroit News or Free Press regarding NBA officiating. Are the newspapers paid off by the NBA? If there was ever a series where tampering has occurred it has to the this years Boston-Miami series. There is no way that Labron James can guard Kevin Garnett in the paint and not foul out real quick if the right calls are made. Instead, when Labron was defending Garnett, it was Garnett getting called with the fouls. It seems that in every series involving the Heat, the opposing team's best player was always in foul trouble. The technical foul calls against Boston should have been enough for the Boston players to just walk off the court and concede the game and the series to Miami. What if a team did that? Has the NBA hired ex carnival employees?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:06 pm

deusXango wrote:PG-Knight/Machado

SG-Stuckey/Gordon

SF-White/Singler

PF-Moultrie/Jerebko

C- Monroe/Macklin/O'Quinn

The infusion of the wing/paint players paired with Monroe will make a world of positive difference. Moultrie doesn't have to block a couple of shots a night, just alter a ton of them (which he can at 6' 11"), and White will be outstanding with the pick & roll with Knight and Stuckey (a play almost never ran with Prince). And that dribble hand off for our guards long range shooting; awesome! I see the Pistons as potentially the highest rebounding team in the NBA with this group of bigs. We don't have that coveted shot-blocker a lot of us want, but our interior defense should be 2-3X's better than last years, and all this in a developmental stage. Look to next year when Cody Zeller, James McAdoo, and Jeff Withey will be coming out, for your shot-blocker. This is a team that can challenge the teams in the east on the rise, ie. Philly, NY, and Indy; all we gotta do is put them in the rear view mirror in the next year or two, and we're well on our way. I don't see any of the five new players having trouble adjusting to the NBA game. Enjoy the half-time show.

dX is it true that Dumars has made a promise to Moultrie's agent that the Pistons will draft him if he doesn't workout for any other teams? I read that somewhere last week.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty JOE'S PROMISES

Post  deusXango Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Don, I actually don't know if that's true or not, but if he did promise Moultrie to be picked at #9, he's painted himself into a corner, has a deal worked out that hasn't been reported, or lied to the man. I'd like to think that a promise was made to Houston for Moultrie, with other considerations, for those two picks they have that I covet.....the latest speculation from Chad Ford has us picking Meyers Leonard at #9, so man, I don't know. Joe's so damn unpredictable, in a predictable sort of way.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:55 pm

deusXango wrote:Don, I actually don't know if that's true or not, but if he did promise Moultrie to be picked at #9, he's painted himself into a corner, has a deal worked out that hasn't been reported, or lied to the man. I'd like to think that a promise was made to Houston for Moultrie, with other considerations, for those two picks they have that I covet.....the latest speculation from Chad Ford has us picking Meyers Leonard at #9, so man, I don't know. Joe's so damn unpredictable, in a predictable sort of way.

Looks like Houston is trying to create a package to acquire Dwight Howard. I agree that Detroit's best chance to improve is to trade down somehow and get two first round picks. However, it doesn't appear that Houston is interested in talking with the Piston's brass. In fact, it is doubtful that anybody wants to deal with the Pistons. Nobody likes our current players who we have documented do not have what it takes to be successful as players in the NBA. I would not want to trade Knight, Monroe or Jerebco. I say Jerebco because I expect big things from him next season. He might be better than most of the college big men in this draft. I can never figure out which big men really care enough to want it bad. Jerebco is a guy who plays with his heart so he might show us a lot more down the line. Granted he is better suited to play small forward but he looks like he has a better chance of adding weight than Henson.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Henson

Post  Sparma Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Looks like Henson has the inside track as of now, if Chad Ford's info is good, although what will happen remains a mystery. I wouldn't mind Henson, but would prefer that they go all out by trading to up for Drummond or by drafting Leonard. If it's Henson, I worry about two things the pick would suggest (given his superior abililty to contribute right away over the other two): (1) the team overestimating its current talent base (as Gores appears to) and (2) Joe succumbing to the pressure to try to make it to the playoffs next year, as opposed to calmly building for 3 years hence. We shall see soon.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty THE MADNESS THAT IS DUMARS

Post  deusXango Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:45 pm

cool breeze wrote:
deusXango wrote:Don, I actually don't know if that's true or not, but if he did promise Moultrie to be picked at #9, he's painted himself into a corner, has a deal worked out that hasn't been reported, or lied to the man. I'd like to think that a promise was made to Houston for Moultrie, with other considerations, for those two picks they have that I covet.....the latest speculation from Chad Ford has us picking Meyers Leonard at #9, so man, I don't know. Joe's so damn unpredictable, in a predictable sort of way.

Looks like Houston is trying to create a package to acquire Dwight Howard. I agree that Detroit's best chance to improve is to trade down somehow and get two first round picks. However, it doesn't appear that Houston is interested in talking with the Piston's brass. In fact, it is doubtful that anybody wants to deal with the Pistons. Nobody likes our current players who we have documented do not have what it takes to be successful as players in the NBA. I would not want to trade Knight, Monroe or Jerebco. I say Jerebco because I expect big things from him next season. He might be better than most of the college big men in this draft. I can never figure out which big men really care enough to want it bad. Jerebco is a guy who plays with his heart so he might show us a lot more down the line. Granted he is better suited to play small forward but he looks like he has a better chance of adding weight than Henson.

You're right Don, Jerebko is probably better than any forward we could get at #9, and if he didn't gain an ounce he's already bigger than Henson. Here's another thought about looking for a PF in this years draft; what has Macklin got to offer if given a chance? If Lil' Larry plays him in his rotation, we may find that he's also better than what we could come up with at #9, looking for a PF to pair with Monroe. With this sh!tty roster we have, Joe should be trying to get rid of as many of the deadwood pieces we have (it's impossible to take a loss), and not resigning Maxiell. Prince has to have some value, so trade him now, for a first rounder if possible; I wouldn't sweat it if all we could get was an early second rounder, just trade him! Terrence Ross looks good at #9, and he'd be worth it. We need money to sign Omer Asik, who in my mind is better than Zeller and Leonard.

The vibe in the city is so apathetic, and the fans are so divided surrounding this draft, it's the perfect setting for Dumars to do something totally stupid. Don, everyone thinks that after years of practicing executive insanity, Dumars will suddenly turn into this basketball genius, and turn this mess around with the 9th pick. There are Dumars acolytes who believe that another stunningly good player will "fall" to us like Monroe and Knight did. Santa Claus is gone! If that type magic is happening at the Palace, sprinkle some of that goobie dust on Gordon and Villanueva, and make their asses disappear; that'd be worth more than 3 first round picks. LOL. The sober fact is, we may not have seen the worst Dumars can do, left to his own devices.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty What an EFFIN SHAM. To hell with the league officials and with the MSM!

Post  Griz2 Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:52 pm

Don Cool Breeze wrote: This is why this forum is great Grizz because of people like you. Thanks again for offering this post. I have not yet purchased "The Whistle" but will do so soon. It is amazing that so little attention has been given by either the Detroit News or Free Press regarding NBA officiating. Are the newspapers paid off by the NBA? If there was ever a series where tampering has occurred it has to the this years Boston-Miami series. There is no way that Labron James can guard Kevin Garnett in the paint and not foul out real quick if the right calls are made. Instead, when Labron was defending Garnett, it was Garnett getting called with the fouls. It seems that in every series involving the Heat, the opposing team's best player was always in foul trouble. The technical foul calls against Boston should have been enough for the Boston players to just walk off the court and concede the game and the series to Miami. What if a team did that? Has the NBA hired ex carnival employees?

Grizz: Yes Don, that is the most frustrating aspect of all these shenanigans: a main stream media that for the most part not only does not give a shit, it will do its best to cover up and distract from the real issues, and the truth about what is going down in the NBA or MLB. Yeah .. forgot about the LBJ on Garnet garbage .. Jesus Christ ... If LBJ just took a handgun and blew Garnett's brains out on court during the game, we would hear things like Garnett instigated the contact. See how Garnett is making contact with James!! This is a tragedy of the gravest matter .. To me .. The NBA is DEAD when who wins is based on whom Stern annoits as the best money maker for the league, rather than the best team winning. And the MSM's culpability in this if THEY do NOT report what is happening or STOP communications about the corruption going on, then the injustice just continues. Same thing MLB, PEDs begins and the baseball writers vitually ignore it and then when the dam breaks at last, the Mitchell Report somehow ends the cheating with PEDs even though virtually no player was punished or reprimanded or even publicly announced, let alone punished or rebuked. To this day there is no blood testing which is the only way any player can be caught using PEDs, all because the player union and the league do not want the PEDs=More Great STATS= more money for the league, and all the rich teams continue to benefit from the corruption. Why should NBA officials like Stern be allowed for decades to determine who wins the championship through vomit-inducing referee corruption?!!! Enough is enough. On a positive note, it was great to see Goodwill call out Stern on keeping Captain Thomas off the Dream Team, just one of many instances of cheating and lies and abuse by the League Office .> They can all go to hell .. I will watch the Piston games .. that is it .. and will always know that whomever wins, it is a fucking sham!

Griz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty EVER SEEN A RAT ABANDON A SINKING SHIP?

Post  deusXango Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 pm

Perry, 48, played a key role in the Pistons' draft, and was hands-on with college scouting and interviewing prospective draft picks. He was instrumental in the selections of Rodney Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince and Jason Maxiell, among others.

Who were the "others?" Two out of the three mentioned were never a part of contributing to a winning situation for the Pistons. A crucial time in the career of Joe Dumars, and Scott Perry leaves home to build a team in Florida. He could have stuck around long enough to mend the Gordon/Villanueva situation he was also instrumental in making. I've never trusted that guy, as the decision making of Dumars started sucking with his arrival as assistant GM, and the quality of the team went suddenly south.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Henson

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:54 am

NBA Comparison: Brandan Wright/Samuel Dalembert

Strengths: Henson is a long, long 6’10 PF who uses his incredible 7’4 wingspan to cause problems … Has a 9'3.5" standiong reach which is 3.5 inches greater than Anthony Davis ... Solid athleticism as well, being pretty explosive as a leaper, and he’s really reactive and quick … Can impact the game defensively in a major way when he’s on the court … Most outstanding trait as a player is his shot-blocking ability, and he swatted about 3 shots a night as a Jr … Has the intriguing ability to block shots with either hand, and shows outstanding reactive leaping skills … Slashers must spot him, or their shot will be in the seats … A factor getting on-ball blocks … Only averaged 1.6 fouls a game as a Jr., and that is truly remarkable for a shot-blocking presence with the freedom he had … Understands how to go up straight in the air for blocks, and doesn’t fall for pump fakes very often … As an overall defender, Henson is also a weapon due to his ability to cover wide ranges on the court … Has more than enough athleticism and length to be a real weapon hedging and even defending smaller players in pick and roll defense … Was able to roam the court for UNC to protect the rim, and was trusted (and usually succeeded) when asked to not allow easy shots around the basket area … Uses his length to deny post entry feeds … Runs the floor very well … Good finishing garbage plays at the hoop … Gets a nice number of dunks and high percentage looks … Is a good alley-oop target, and finishes with explosiveness … Soft hands and doesn’t bobble passes much … Developed a weird-looking, yet effective jump hook that he can get off with both hands, even if his footwork to go with it isn’t consistently there … Understands how to extend himself offensively, and he gets off a good number of his moves despite his narrow frame by being a long strider and seemingly stretching his arms out like a condor … Usually has a quickness advantage on his low post matchups … Shows an improving turnaround jumper over his right shoulder that he likes to use on the extended block from as far out as 12 ft … His counter moves showed promise over the past 2 years as well, showing the ability to use up-and-unders or even pump fakes to get shots around the hoop or get to the foul line … Steadily improving his jumper, and has a growing level of comfort shooting as far out as 18 ft … Quality rebounder, and is an especially effective rebounder offensively … Could be a big pick and roll threat for a PG, as he has the size and athleticism to get a number of quality looks in that style … Plays with a pretty live motor … A hard worker, has put on nearly 40 lbs since his Fr. season, and has rounded his game out very well, especially offensively … Has gotten more aggressive and tough over time … Still getting better, was a 6’2 guard in HS before a huge growth spurt hit just prior to his Jr. year ...

Weaknesses: Henson is thin, with a narrow build that has gotten better but still is weak for an NBA PF … Still has the shoulders of the 6’2 player he was before the growth spurt, and that will be troubling for him as he packs on muscle without losing flexibility and athleticism … NBA PF’s will probably bully him on the block and be able to seal pretty easily on him in post-up situations … His lack of strength would be less pronounced if he played with a lower center of gravity, but he usually is a bit too upright so guys can get in his body … Avoids contact, would much rather use finesse than get physical … Although Henson is a good athlete, he is quirky with his lateral movements due to his long legs and unorthodox footwork … Offensively, Henson has made good strides over the last 3 seasons but he still lacks great polish … Since he will have a tougher time establishing position against NBA bigs, he will need to refine his jumper a bit more … Can stretch and hit shots from mid-range, but he needs consistency and repetition … Doesn’t factor much as a ball-handler, even though his long strides and quickness would make him a slashing threat against most bigger PF’s … Struggles to finish shots with contact ... More likely to get in foul trouble in a physical game…Should improve his fundamentals and awareness on the glass more, as he usually just banks on being athletic and long to get rebounds…Really struggles from the foul line, was a sub-50% FT shooter for his career, showing his still developing shooting touch

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Leonard

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:58 am

NBA Comparison: Robin Lopez

Strengths: Fluid, athletic 7-footer with developing all-around skills ... Excellent length on a good frame that will be capable of supporting more muscle ... Quick off his feet ... Strong body-control for a big ... Easy alley-oop target ... Explosiveness helps him blow by slower post players in transition ... Good offensive awareness ... Talented passer with good court-vision ... Does a lot of damage in the post at this level ... Willing to wrestle for good position near the block ... Uses his agility well to get around the rim, and is a quality finisher due to his athleticism ... Becoming a better outside shooter, and is dangerous when left alone from 12-18 feet ... Nice touch from the free-throw line; shouldn't be a liability there in the future ... Sells contact well (he's a good flopper) ... Defends with his body more than his hands ... Protects the rim well on defense ... Blocks a lot of shots ... Smart help-defender ... Gets his hands on a lot of rebounds, and is aware enough to tip-out to teammates when he can't corral one himself ... Usually does a good job of finding somebody to box-out whenever a shot goes up ...

Weaknesses: Will need to add more weight to be comfortable against NBA-caliber centers ... Lacks a real go-to move offensively, though he can do a number of different things well ... Inconsistent motor ... Has a habit of floating around the perimeter a little more than he should ... Can be turnover prone when attempting to put the ball on the floor ... Needs to continue to gain confidence and consistency.

Outlook: Leonard is a very nice prospect for the center position in the NBA ... Has really blossomed in his sophomore year and is just hitting his stride and was not a big factor in his freshman season ... There really aren't a lot of weaknesses in his game ... He should look to establish an offensive identity and continue to polish his all-around game ... With his potential, he's sure to get some looks in the lottery ...

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty THE ABSOLUTE BEST PLAYER AVAILABLE

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:00 am

With all the holes in need of filling, and the need for adding a real player to our core group, there will be no one better than Terrence Ross at #9. Period. He's rated across the board, with all the basketball guru's, as an equal to Harrison Barnes and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. Those three guys are rated higher than all the players local fans have been talking up for the past month, (all positions) but get this, Ross is probably the most complete right now and has the highest ceiling. Why pass on him? We didn't pass on Knight. This is a top 5 talent that'll be available at #9. Awesome offensive player, and a whirling dervish on defense. For a single pick in the first round, this is it. The second round will yield a big man equal to what we could get at #9. Kyle O'Quinn? Furkan Aldemar? What if Sullinger fell to us at #39? The point is we'll be okay in the second round picking the best available big man. God I hope that Joe uses #44 for Scott Machado. Regardless of his height, he's the best pure PG available, and strong as a bull. That should count for something. When did 6' 2" become too short for a PG? Anyway, 16 reps with 185 lbs. at the combine.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty ROSS

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:15 am

NBA Comparison: Eddie Jones

Strengths: Solid ball-handler ...Very good court vision, finding teammates off P&R, or fast break ... Runs the lane well in transition with ability to spot up on the wing or finish a lob ... Lacks a conscience. Possessing irrational confidence at times, allowing him to play at a high level without perceived nerves or anxiety in high-pressure situations ... Long and active defender on-ball ... Excellent pass denial. ... Capable help defender, proven through passing lane deflections and weak-side shot blocks ... Great footwork in the face-up game, mostly showcasing pump-fake, one dribble pull up/step-back ... Good 3pt and mid range shooter ... Shot has good lift and form ... Exciting dunker in traffic or off lobs, with exceptional contortion abilities and body control in the air ... Length and ball instincts make him a great rebounder for a guard ...

Weaknesses: Despite his confidence, can seemingly get lost in the flow of the game at times ... Needs to further develop explosive first step, to use quickness to his advantage ... Must improve finishing at the rim on non-dunks ...Will need to develop counters to offensive wing moves ... Plenty of space to bulk up frame ... Continue to build on the beginnings of post-game he flashed ... Shot selection can lead him astray at times ... Can benefit from veteran support/mid-first round selection to help add seasoning ...

Notes: Leaves University of Washington after two seasons of exciting moments, dominating stretches, and occasional silent spurts ... All PAC-12 selection as a sophomore ... Got better as season went on, averaging 25 ppg in UW NIT Semifinal run ... High school teammate of Terrence Jones

Terrence Ross has grown into a Pro SF.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty DX

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:47 am

One thing that's for sure, this year is a lot harder than the previous drafts Joe had done.

With Knight & Monroe, the choice was brain dead simple, just pick the logical guy and you're done.

This year, there is no CLEAR concensus, and it will take some smart evaluations, and good NBA sense to make the right choice.

We can only guess because we don't have the information that Joe should have(at least I think we don't).

I'm really curious as to what Joe does, but I'm sure that this draft has to be coupled with both the trade and FA targets of the team.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Pistons: A Playoff Team?

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:52 am

IMO, we should have a playoff team regardless of who we draft if Joe trades right and gets the right FA's!

I'm predicting a breakout year for Stuckey playing SG for a full season!

Knight progresses on schedule, and Monroe solidifies himself even better if he can mostly play the PF position.

The playoff prediction hinges on us getting 3 players.

1. A young big to play with Monroe
2. A veteran big to come off the bench(Kaman? He's going to be available.)
3. A veteran point guard to come off the bench(not named Bynum)

If Joe can achieve this, we'll feast on the EC Scrubs, and contend for the 6-8th playoff position, while still rebuilding, learning, and developing our youngsters.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Leonard...

Post  Murph Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:44 am

Yes...Meyers Leonard is certainly tall...7'1, in fact. But exactly what does he do well? He's not a great rebounder or post player. He did manage to block a fair number of shots, I guess. But come on...the guy's 7'1.

One of the things I find troublesome about Leonard is that The Fighting Illini had a very disappointing year and collapsed at the end of their season. After starting off 11-1, and climbing as hight as #24 in the national polls, Illinios then proceeded to lose 12 out of their last 14 games, to finish the season at 17-15, including 6-12 in the Big 10.

It doesn't seem as if Leonard provided much leadership during Illinois' late season collapse.

The other disturbing thing is that NBADraftNet compares Meyers Leonard to Robin Lopez, best case senario. I'm sorry, but I was hoping for much more than a Robin Lopez type player with our #9 pick. If a Robin Lopez type player is all we can hope for with the 9th pick, then we should have traded the pick months ago.

I'll take a pass on Meyers Leonard.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Leonard...

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:15 am

What Murph just said! Robin Lopez? Come on people. Thanks for that post Murph.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty ORACLE

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:53 am

Oracle wrote:One thing that's for sure, this year is a lot harder than the previous drafts Joe had done.

With Knight & Monroe, the choice was brain dead simple, just pick the logical guy and you're done.

This year, there is no CLEAR concensus, and it will take some smart evaluations, and good NBA sense to make the right choice.

We can only guess because we don't have the information that Joe should have(at least I think we don't).

I'm really curious as to what Joe does, but I'm sure that this draft has to be coupled with both the trade and FA targets of the team.

IMO Oracle, the hardest thing for Joe this year is "cutting bait" with the salary CAP shrinkers, and getting additional draft picks.

I've stated who the logical pick for us is (he's not my first choice), and that's based on team need as well as best player available. Joe can't see it? Monroe needs a presense in the paint with him, be it PF or SF. Why not go after the player with the All-Star potential? Prince is just as done as Maxiell.

I get the feeling that fans believe John Henson is a superior player over Jonas Jerebko. That's unfair. Jerebko is athletic, with an extremely high motor, and already has a big following at the Palace (for what that's worth). He came into the league bigger and more defined physically than Henson, and during his rehab, added pounds of muscle. Jerebko lost a year to injury, and spent last year getting back into the swing of things; a lockout shortened season. The bottom line is this; Jerebko plays a more complete game than Henson, and he's a capable PF.

Adding Terrence Ross to a starting lineup that has Knight, Stuckey, and Monroe in it is a giant step in our rebuild, and we will make the playoffs! Pairing Monroe with Jerebko or Macklin, in the starting lineup, will be more potent and a better fit long range than what we had with Maxiell.

All that being said, I expect Joe to do something stupid, by all our standards, but I hope that he doesn't. If Scott Perry's only business in the Palace is not just to clean out his desk, that's Joe's first stupid move.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Saddest 4 Year Every (After CB)

Post  WTF Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Year W-L Pct
2011-12 25 41 .379
2010-11 30 52 .366
2009-10 27 55 .329
2008-09 39 43 .476

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content