Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sissy1946
Rett
Murph
Sparma
Fennis Dembo
Linwood
g-man
Oracle
WTF
FlyDog
frankied
Sebastian
merc
cool breeze
deusXango
Grizz
20 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty oden

Post  frankied Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:15 pm

wish i could be optimistic about oden.
i would say this...if they can bring him on board and not use a roster space, sure, bring him in and do your best to rehab him.
but if you have to use a roster space on him, he's not worth it.
he just isn't.
he's had 5 knee surgeries, 3 microfracture surgeries and only one of then has happened as the result of an oncourt action. the rest of the surgeries have happened because he's just been walking around.
he is a huge guy - saw him out in a portland craft brew establishment a couple of days ago - and i think his body just wasn't meant to take the stress of playing pro basketball.
too bad, cause he's an extremely talented guy, but it just wasn't meant to be.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty oden

Post  deusXango Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:59 pm

frankied wrote:wish i could be optimistic about oden.
i would say this...if they can bring him on board and not use a roster space, sure, bring him in and do your best to rehab him.
he just isn't.
he's had 5 knee surgeries, 3 microfracture surgeries and only one of then has happened as the result of an oncourt action. the rest of the surgeries have happened because he's just been walking around.
he is a huge guy - saw him out in a portland craft brew establishment a couple of days ago - and i think his body just wasn't meant to take the stress of playing pro basketball.
Frankie D. m'man. I'm glad that you shared the comments you did based on up-close observation, and I've a great deal of respect for your opinion of player talent. First off he wouldn't be taking up a roster spot like say, Charlie Villanueva, who by the way came up with a severe ankle injury while sleeping, who is yet to play this year and at his best wouldn't mean to the Pistons what Oden could. I agree that the surgeries have been many, but he's young enough to heal and be better than ever. He would also be in the care of the best in our Mr. Arnie Kander; there's none better at strength and conditioning than Arnie. I remember Jack McCloskey saying the same thing about Charles Barkley when he was coming out of Auburn, "his body is just too big for his height, and his knees won't take the stress of playing pro basketball." Not to get too far out there but God don't make no junk, and this is an awesome athletic specimen, who's gone through a rough patch in his young life. It would be beautiful if he bounced back in Detroit.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:57 pm

frankied wrote:wish i could be optimistic about oden.
he just isn't.

As much as Detroit needs a big guy to play with Monroe, Oden's basketball playing days are over at least at the NBA level. He just cannot run the court without causing swelling and pain in his knees. I have had one ACL surgery and that ended my playing career. I can't imagine having the quantity of surgeries Oden has experienced.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Okur? I don't see why not!

Post  Go Stones! Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:03 pm

So, I saw that Okur is going to be waived by the Blazers to make room for Hickson.[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I think Okur would be a great fit (again) for us. He could be Center or PF. He would take Ben's place once he is gone and steal most of Maxie's minutes. If he is injured, it may be that this is a great pick up as Kander has someone to keep him busy and resurrect another career (ie, TMac - oh, have you noticed Rip has been injured more than healthy this year? Are you going to tell me that Kander isn't somewhat responsible? Didn't BWallace have a lot of injuries once he left and played for the Bulls too?).

Go for it, Joe!

Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Who should Detroit draft?

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Maybe it is time to define which players should be considered in this year's draft. How many picks will Detroit actually have in the first two rounds? I am not sure of that. NBADRAFTNET currently has Detroit taking Arnett Moultrie. He only is listed as weighing 230 lbs. Does anyone know if this player would fit Detroit's needs? In the second round this same source has the Pistons taking Drew Gorden out of New Mexico. I have watched him play and was impressed. However, Drew is not a center. What if Detroit could somehow land Kamen this summer? That could change things a lot. I think that Kamen would be a good fit with Monroe. He wants to play for Detroit which might mean that his best playing days could be with the Pistons. If that happens, then I would take Gorden in the 2nd round and possibly draft a guard. U of Washington has two players who will be drafted in the first round. I like both of them. Both are really quick and big guards who play solid defense. Washington was really screwed when they were not selected for the NCAA tournament. It was a fluke that they lost the PAC12 tournament missing 7 free throws in a row at the end of the game against Colorado. Too bad the country did not get to see them battle with the best teams. However, you can watch them play in the N.I.T.

I was not impressed with Drummond at all this season. I know that he is a young guy though but this guy could use another season or two playing college ball. He will not be able to compete next season next season any better than Charlie V. I will look forward to the experts on this forum to provide their thoughts on this subject.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Dumars Blows It Again

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:46 pm

Joe Discount Double Cheeks Joe has done it again, no offer on J.J. Hickson who was claimed of waivers by the Blazers & Terrance Williams who goes to the Kings on a 10 day contract, Mehmet Okur is being discarded also, & will be put on waivers, will Double Cheeks take a look & have Arnie fix him up, hell no he won't because Jelly-Filled doesn't know talent, just ask Charley V about that.

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty What a Joke!

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Pistons 20 Nuggets 45 with 10:03 left in the 2nd Quarter, Who's that over there cheering but themselves? dance banana
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Gordon Starts Tonight

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Ben Gordon is going nuts in Denver, he's got 5 3's, the Pistons have come back from a 25 point deficit to bring it down to 56-47 with 3 minutes & change left in the 2nd quarter, Man, he looks like the old Gordon from the Bulls.

Gordon scored 21 points in the 2nd quarter.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty And then........

Post  FlyDog Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:18 pm

They brought in Tayshaun, who put on his personal one man show of bricks, and completely ignored Gordon. Just like Tay did against the Clippers down the stretch, forgetting about Monroe. This guy needs to go. Dribble, dribble, dribble.....back him down......dribble, dribble, dribble...clank.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Gordon on Fire, Schitt, This Just Ain't Right

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Ben Gordon p: 8 3's, 40 points with 4 & change left in the 3rd, turn your tv 's on now, this is why they signed him even if he can't play no D. I'll bet Frank plays him more after tonight. Pistons lead 83-78, what a comeback: Rett, where are you? dance For one night Iam a happy Piston fan, something to build on here, get us 2 bigs, wow, somebody stop me, & then I woke up, was it a dream? Hell no Joe, we got us a barn burner with Gordon leading the way.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Get Friggin' Bynum Out of There

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:06 am

Bynum sucks! Hardly passes the ball shoots ill advised shots, that last one was over the rim, what a ball hog & he wonders why he doesn't play much, he makes a good play but 1 good & 5 bad ones don't add up, Frank , whatever you do, don't give the ball to Prince for the last shot tonight. Frank finally puts Gordon back in with 8 minutes left, missed his 1st, maybe sitting for 4 minutes is to much Frank. Who in the hell is guarding Faried, easy dunk, my oh my. Piston down 1 with 7 to play.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Let's Cool The Hot Hand Off.............

Post  FlyDog Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:37 am

Sound planning. Take Gordon out of the game when he has 42 points with 4 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter. Then sit him until the 8 minute marl of the 4th. Yeah, yeah.......that's the ticket. Seems like some Pistons get jealous when a teammate gets hot. By "Some Pistons", I mean Tayshaun Prince. Fuckin' faggot ass coward mutherfuckin fuckhole bitch ass ho.

Last edited by FlyDog on Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Blaha Foaming at the Mouth Over Gordon

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:38 am

George Blaha is Lathering up & foaming over Ben tonight with his 45 point game, Pistons up 115-112 with :58 left, Georg, Slow your Roll, Whoops, there go his teeth, Greg, wipe that white stuff off his face, up 3, The Princess takes a shot with 12 seconds, it hit the right side of the backboard, missed the basket completely, are you kidding me? What the F was that you Pizz ant? Told ya not to give him the ball in crucial situations, at least hit the friggin' rim toad head, Afflallo down the lane, he scores & a foul, missed it but McGee tapped it in, he was never touched or blocked out, 5.6 left, Gordon with a miss, no good Pistons lose by 1, thanks to Prince & his ill advised shot that we wish we had back. I can't stand that bum. Good job by the Pistons for making one hell of a comeback, kudo's to Gordon for being on fire tonight, player of the game is Gordon with 45, Goat of the Game was the Princess who dribbled & dribbled some more & clanged one that didn't even hit the rim, what a tuurd! You guys ought to take The Princess in the Lockeroom & hang his azz up by his jockstrap, he blew the game the other night at the Clippers when he dribbled for .20 seconds at the end & with 2 seconds left lost the ball for them to go into overtime, did I mention what a _____he is? Pitiful! Here is your Princess papa smurf Hey guys, I had 6 points on 2-8, I can't help it if Discount Double Cheeks signed me for 4 years can I.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Sissy

Post  FlyDog Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:42 am

You and I need to start a Tayshaun Prince fan club.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Flydog

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:54 am

FlyDog wrote:Sound planning. Take Gordon out of the game when he has 42 points with 4 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter. Then sit him until the 8 minute marl of the 4th. Yeah, yeah.......that's the ticket. Seems like some Pistons get jealous when a teammate gets hot. By "Some Pistons", I mean Tayshaun Prince. Fuckin' faggot ass coward mutherfuckin fuckhole bitch ass ho.
You got it, I'm so sick of this "What you said about him" Fuckin' Double that along side his Double Cheeks GM, how in the hell do we root for our teams when we have to deal with jerk wads that don't give a flying' Phuck about this team, did you see that shot he took at the end, Clang on the backboard, no rim no net, no air, on the right side of the backboard, I just don't get it, they ought to use a cattle prod on his ass for even thinking about taking a shot even close to that, I'd bench his ass until he could spell his name backwards. Let's do it, we need a name for the club, How about worthless, Dickwad along with you said? papa smurf
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Good Lost/Win for the Pistons.

Post  Phil-Good Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:56 am

Tonight was just like A win in my eyes. It was A REALLY FUN GAME!! The young guys helped, Ben Gordon showed he still has Ben Gordon inside of his body. And we move closer to that Lotto Pick that we need so bad!!

GO PISTONS! And A hand for 1 really awesome game clap
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Phillip1980

Post  FlyDog Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:06 am

It was a great game.........til we lost.

Sissy- Ecnirp Nuahsyat..............perfect name for a faggot ass villain.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Reply with quote Phillip1980

Post  Phil-Good Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 am

Super Fly Doggy DOG!!! It was on hell of A game. Old School Shootout. Wild..Wild..west style.

Don't worry. After we land Anthony Davis from Kentucky we will win these games.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty CrumDog Princessa

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:31 am

FlyDog wrote:It was a great game.........til we lost.

Sissy- Ecnirp Nuahsyat..............perfect name for a faggot ass villain.
Nice! Can we accept Discount Double Cheeks in there with the faggot ass villain or is there a special club for him. Man, tell ya what, I'd wring his neck if I seen him out tonight. What a pitiful display of phuckdom. Prince with a shot, it's off the backboard. Stop it, that has to make Sports Center for one of the worst shots in history. If I was Frank & I saw him take that shot, there would've been an immediate time out & tell him to hit the showers then I would go straight to Double Cheeks & tell him it's me or the Princessa, walk out & shut the door, you let me know tomorrow Jelly-Filled Bitch.
papa smurf Joe We are one & the Same!
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Kudos to Ben G ... but ...

Post  Grizz Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:32 am

Great game ... Kudos to Ben G ... but ...Our defense didnt play very well ... Didnt see the game but .. and Not saying this is all on BG's Defensive badness, but Ben G even shooting on fire isnt enough to compensate for bad defense ... Denver shot the lights out ... So yeah .. this team would have been still a hell of a lot better off with Aaron Afflalo over Ben Gordon ... and Ty Lawson over Austin Daye ... Joe Dumars .. acknowledge this SOMEDAY PLEASE .. and some journalist please push him to answer why BG and Daye are here instead of AA and TL! Monroe .. 9 shots .. for the game .. Coach F, thought you admitted after last game, that we needed to get Monroe more shots ... What gives?! No balance between the inside post game and outside shots, you gonna lose ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:47 am

Competitive... roll on lotto train drunken
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty It's All Karen D's Fault

Post  FlyDog Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:27 am

Joey's hands are tied.

That was one helluva game last night, reminded me of back in the day.......those were simpler times.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty Stop Cheating On Us.......

Post  FlyDog Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:30 am

Mr. Bayer........;-) I feel betrayed.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Denver game

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:35 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Denver game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Biff Burns: The Pistons lost an old school shoot-out to Denver 116-115, when JaVale McGee dunked a missed free throw with five seconds left giving the Nuggets a one point victory. It was a painful way to lose a game in which the Pistons had a small lead in the fourth quarter.

Joe Dumars: It was like the time I had my wallet pick-pocketed just before I was going to pay for the team dinner at an expensive steak house.
Coach Frank: It felt like when I was a kid playing baseball and my older brother drilled me in my junk with a fastball. I went around talking in a high pitched voice for two weeks. This loss was that painful.

Biff Burns: Ben Gordon had 45 points and tied a record by going 9 for 9 on three pointers.
Coach Frank: With Stuckey out, Ben did the scoring for both of them. It was the best game I have ever seen him play. As John Denver sang, he was “Rocky Mountain High In Colorado”.

Biff Burns: Maxiel and Prince had only 13 points combined in a high scoring game.
Coach Frank: The altitude of the “Mile High City” slowed them down. They were gasping for breath. They needed to wear SCUBA air tanks which the NBA frowns upon.
Biff Burns: Well, I guess they won’t be scaling Mount Everest any time soon.

Biff Burns: Daye, Russell, and Villanueva were DNP COACH’S DECISION again.
On the bench they were all wearing signs that read, “Will Play For Food”.

Biff Burns: We finally head home to play the Heat on Friday. The Pistons will be giving out free t-shirts that have “LeBron’s Mom Went West” on them. Ciao baby.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 20 Empty CHICKENS COMIN' HOME TO ROOST

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 pm

As strange it may seem, last nights game was the most satisfying loss of this miserable season. High scoring, history making, excitement, and a last second come from behind win for the Nuggets, or Pistons West if you will. Drop another ball in the hopper please. Joe Dumars had to be pleased as he's done his best to fortify the talent base of the Nuggets over the last few years, and it seems to be paying off.

We gave them Aaron Afflalo to sign Chris Wilcox who gave us 60 mediocre games over two years. Afflalo starts, is the leader of the team, and is the player who made a fool out of his high priced replacement on the Pistons last night, thus off-setting a stunning performance. Joe bypassed Ty Lawson a PG we desparately needed, in favor of Austin Daye, a player? we didn't need and can't fit in today. DNP coaches decision. The one with the sad and confused look on his face last night. The "Michigan Men?" There was no sincere effort made to acquire Wilson Chandler who appears able to out perform Tayshaun Prince in his sleep on a nightly basis, but there were convenient excuses, and as long as they hold out no moves will be made! And then there is the "dummy" JaVale McGee, who Fat Joe should have been pursueing since last years trading period, who only wanted to come home and play, with the game on the line (literally), pulling off an athletic move to get around Greg Monroe (who he should be paired with on the Pistons), and making one savy basketball move to put the game away for his team. "Welcome to Denver JaVale," says Aaron, Ty, Wilson, and somewhere on his sofa watching that "game" Chauncey Billips.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next