Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sissy1946
Rett
Murph
Sparma
Fennis Dembo
Linwood
g-man
Oracle
WTF
FlyDog
frankied
Sebastian
merc
cool breeze
deusXango
Grizz
20 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty The Good news in the Clippers Game was...

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:34 pm

The score!

Games in the 80's show that Frank's concentration on defense is paying some dividens!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Defense

Post  FlyDog Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:41 pm

Sure beats the 112 and 109 that we gave up in our previous 2 games.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Howard and the Magic...

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:39 pm

Should be ashamed of that loss!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty WHAT ABOUT BOB?

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Greg Oden? J.J. Hickson? Before you laugh, look at who we got sitting around doing nothing and how much they're being paid to do nothing. Oden and Hickson are not character problem players, and they are young! I'd take Hickson over Bynum, and Oden makes more sense than Wilkins. "Strike while the iron is hot" Joe, and we have from now til Oct. to get whatever is wrong, righted.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Chauncey knows the REAL deal

Post  Rett Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:14 am

The first few weeks after surgery had Billups relegated to couch potato, so he's had plenty of time to observe his old team.

"They are (getting better)," he said. "They've got some really good young players, (Rodney) Stuckey's coming around and playing great.

"I like them. They've got some good guys on that team and they're getting better."

He's also a fan of Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe.

"I like (Knight); I like his game," Billups said. "He's pretty crafty for a young fellow, he shoots it a lot better than most people think.

"(Monroe's) very impressive. I like him a lot. Calm, cool and just gets it.

hehe

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty duke can't win w'o refs help...

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:27 am

frankied wrote:funny, duke lost yesterday and i wondered how the free throws went.
sure enough, duke only had 23 FTs to 37 for leheigh.
duke - like the miami heat - can only win when the refs give them a huge advantage on the line.
duke's big guys also got into foul trouble and couldn't bang leheigh the way the like to bang on other teams.
duke's success is such a freaking fraud.
coach k is a great coach, no doubt, but without a built in advantage every game, from the refs, his teams are pretty ordinary.
yesterday was evidence of that.
the only question i have is why it happened.

Yeah, I don't want to say they cheat or anything, but I did see Tim Donaghy coming out of their locker room!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Chauncey knows the REAL deal

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 am

Rett, you got that right!

Since there were no new pickups, the line on this team is clear, and I don't need to see any more games to know the bottom line! Note that some players fall into more than one category.

Future of the Team - Knight, Monroe & Stuckey

Short Term Keepers - Prince, Maxiell & Ben Wallace

On the Fence - Daye & Ben Gordon

Over the Hill - Ben Wallace with Prince bringing up the rear

Total Losers - Well, only one, CV

With Frank EARNING a longer look as coach of the future

While no more games are needed for me to see most of this, they are important for further development of the youngsters and preparation of next year. Joe obviously opted to get another good draft pick, then hit the trade and FA market for some serious dealing!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Pistons still have the full mid level exception available to use. Go after JJ Hicks and G.Oden

Post  Phil-Good Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:53 am

Welll...Well...Well.. Some good players have hit the market. The Pistons have the full mid-level exception to use. The big question is do you want to tie up cap money this summer?

I have A feeling the Pistons can bring in Chris Kamen this summer. Add a jumper like JJ Hicks along with J.J. the Moose, Mad Max and that's A really full front-Line.

Sebastian had A really great Idea. If the Pistons get lucky and land in the top 5 trade that pick to the Kings or Utah for D.Cousins or one of the Jazz young bigs. The Pistons have to get some help for the Moose.

But let me say this. D.Cousins is A FULL TIME DIVA!! I watched both Kings games. He is A DIVA. Cousins bitch and cry like A lil GIRL even on his way to the free-throw line. Not sure I want him in Detroit. In the end you might get more out of A kid who works hard,knows how to control his attitude and gets along with people. EXAMPLE # 1 (Greg the Moose Monroe)
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Cousins vs Monroe

Post  Grizz Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:02 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Welll...Well...Well.. Some good players have hit the market. The Pistons have the full mid-level exception to use. The big question is do you want to tie up cap money this summer?

I have A feeling the Pistons can bring in Chris Kamen this summer. Add a jumper like JJ Hicks along with J.J. the Moose, Mad Max and that's A really full front-Line.

Sebastian had A really great Idea. If the Pistons get lucky and land in the top 5 trade that pick to the Kings or Utah for D.Cousins or one of the Jazz young bigs. The Pistons have to get some help for the Moose.

But let me say this. D.Cousins is A FULL TIME DIVA!! I watched both Kings games. He is A DIVA. Cousins bitch and cry like A lil GIRL even on his way to the free-throw line. Not sure I want him in Detroit. In the end you might get more out of A kid who works hard,knows how to control his attitude and gets along with people. EXAMPLE # 1 (Greg the Moose Monroe)

Well Phillip .. we know how much you hate anyone CRYING Crying or Very sad Razz Cousins has talent .. I wanted him on the team more than I wanted Monroe and I wuz wrong to have come to that conclusion early on ... but clearly .. Monroe is going to be a star and a better all around player than Cousins .. With the right coach .. maybe we straighten DC out .. but it is a strike against him... Actually I want Monroe to be more of a focus on offense for our team .. 20 shots a game .. especially cuz we have no one else to post up inside ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Class Act

Post  Grizz Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 am

Rett wrote:The first few weeks after surgery had Billups relegated to couch potato, so he's had plenty of time to observe his old team.

"They are (getting better)," he said. "They've got some really good young players, (Rodney) Stuckey's coming around and playing great.

"I like them. They've got some good guys on that team and they're getting better."

He's also a fan of Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe.

"I like (Knight); I like his game," Billups said. "He's pretty crafty for a young fellow, he shoots it a lot better than most people think.

"(Monroe's) very impressive. I like him a lot. Calm, cool and just gets it.

hehe

Rhett, Chauncey is a class act .. wishing us well as usual .. I noticed the Clips went from the best 5 player unit in the NBA to not so much since his injury ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Phil-Good Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:57 am

"Well Phillip .. we know how much you hate anyone CRYING Crying or Very sad Razz Cousins has talent .. I wanted him on the team more than I wanted Monroe and I wuz wrong to have come to that conclusion early on ... but clearly .. Monroe is going to be a star and a better all around player than Cousins .. With the right coach .. maybe we straighten DC out .. but it is a strike against him... Actually I want Monroe to be more of a focus on offense for our team .. 20 shots a game .. especially cuz we have no one else to post up inside" .. [/quote]

Grizz. I agree that the Moose needs more shots. But even more then that he needs help on defense and with rebounding. If D.Cousins turn 15 pounds of body fat into muscle and stop crying like A lil bitch and played basketball and left his panties at home on his girl where they belong his career would be hall of fame quality no question about it.

Same thing for 3Sheed Wallace. If 3Sheed had some control his his emotions he would not be talking about coming back to the NBA. He would be A first ballot hall of fame Power Forward next to Kevin.Garnett and Tim Duncan and be ready to make is move into A good NBA executive spot like Big Shot in the Ego Billups is doing now.

The Moose game reminds me of the older Tim Duncan's game. If D.Cousins came to Detroit I would recommend A shrink, Zoloft and A coach who can deal with A 100% DIVA.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Agree

Post  Grizz Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:27 am

Phil1980boy wrote:

"Well Phillip .. we know how much you hate anyone CRYING Crying or Very sad Razz Cousins has talent .. I wanted him on the team more than I wanted Monroe and I wuz wrong to have come to that conclusion early on ... but clearly .. Monroe is going to be a star and a better all around player than Cousins .. With the right coach .. maybe we straighten DC out .. but it is a strike against him... Actually I want Monroe to be more of a focus on offense for our team .. 20 shots a game .. especially cuz we have no one else to post up inside" ..

Grizz. I agree that the Moose needs more shots. But even more then that he needs help on defense and with rebounding. If D.Cousins turn 15 pounds of body fat into muscle and stop crying like A lil bitch and played basketball and left his panties at home on his girl where they belong his career would be hall of fame quality no question about it.

Same thing for 3Sheed Wallace. If 3Sheed had some control his his emotions he would not be talking about coming back to the NBA. He would be A first ballot hall of fame Power Forward next to Kevin.Garnett and Tim Duncan and be ready to make is move into A good NBA executive spot like Big Shot in the Ego Billups is doing now.

The Moose game reminds me of the older Tim Duncan's game. If D.Cousins came to Detroit I would recommend A shrink, Zoloft and A coach who can deal with A 100% DIVA. [/quote]

Phillip ... Jmax has exceeded everyone's expectatons this season as he has been very good at PF most of the time since we started winning .. really surprised about this ....but you're right we dont have more than 1 quality big right now and Moose is the only one loose for the Pistons at present .. Hopefully the college scouts on this site have someone in mind for us to draft to set next to Moose Monroe .. But we need 2 more in the long run .. minimum ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty What Is This? "Cheerleader Day Or Sometin"

Post  WTF Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:38 am

Too early for PBoy and Rett rah rah...... dance
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty hickson...

Post  frankied Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:33 pm

deusXango wrote:Greg Oden? J.J. Hickson? Before you laugh, look at who we got sitting around doing nothing and how much they're being paid to do nothing. Oden and Hickson are not character problem players, and they are young! I'd take Hickson over Bynum, and Oden makes more sense than Wilkins. "Strike while the iron is hot" Joe, and we have from now til Oct. to get whatever is wrong, righted.
hickson was a horrible fit in sactown. he's shown he can play. imho, detroit would be a pretty good fit for him.
joe should go hard after him. i know he's going to have lots of options, but joe has the advantage of almost guaranteed PT, a huge hole in the roster, right at his position, and the benefit of playing with a big guy - monroe - who can really help his career.
cannot say i'm optimistic however.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty APB

Post  lemonpen Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:04 pm

Anyone know the whereabouts of one Derrick Caracter. He was a Laker then poof. I remember him beating the stew out of our boys one hot Vegas summer.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:26 pm

frankied wrote:
deusXango wrote:Greg Oden? J.J. Hickson? Before you laugh, look at who we got sitting around doing nothing and how much they're being paid to do nothing. Oden and Hickson are not character problem players, and they are young! I'd take Hickson over Bynum, and Oden makes more sense than Wilkins. "Strike while the iron is hot" Joe, and we have from now til Oct. to get whatever is wrong, righted.
hickson was a horrible fit in sactown. he's shown he can play. imho, detroit would be a pretty good fit for him.
joe should go hard after him. i know he's going to have lots of options, but joe has the advantage of almost guaranteed PT, a huge hole in the roster, right at his position, and the benefit of playing with a big guy - monroe - who can really help his career.

Too late he a GS Warrior now.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty It's "SOMETIN" else

Post  Rett Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:15 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Too early for PBoy and Rett rah rah...... dance

dance

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:47 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
frankied wrote:

Too late he a GS Warrior now.
SHIT!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty JOE DUMARS

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:13 pm

It's time for our GM to do something pro-active, stop with the excuses, and roll the dice with Greg Oden! He should be had for the MLE, given his present condition, with a team option for the second year. Give Arnie Kander the reclamation assignment of Oden until the start of training camp this fall and see where he is strength and conditioning wise, and the integrity of his knees. If Arnie can't do it, it can't be done. If Arnie is successful we've got a complete season to see what he looks like playing for a defensive minded coach, as the anchor, and paired with Monroe, in his 3rd season, just how awesome Monroe can be.

All that's required is for Joe Dumars to get off his ass and get it done. This is what we need more than anything else, a monster in the middle, and if Joe's all the GM some posters says that he is, he should be able to get this done. He doesn't have to trade, or worry about RFA signing, just get the man's agent on the phone, set up a lunch date, send a jet to pick him and Oden up, and sell them on the Pistons. We know he can screw up, but can he clean up his mess?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Goodwill gets it right today ...

Post  Grizz Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Goodwill:

With the Pistons holding a five-point lead midway through the fourth quarter, the Clippers went small and most expected the Pistons to ride Monroe against Griffin.

It didn't happen, and could have been a factor in the Pistons offense going cold.

Coach Lawrence Frank admitted he could've looked Monroe's way before overtime.

"When he called my number, I wanted to make sure I was effective with the game on the line," Monroe said. "I wanted to make sure I had good, strong moves to the basket."

Grizz ... finally ... some investigative reporting .. will only help the team and Frank perform better .. well done! And it backs up what we were talking about earlier ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty oden

Post  Grizz Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:29 pm

deusXango wrote:It's time for our GM to do something pro-active, stop with the excuses, and roll the dice with Greg Oden! He should be had for the MLE, given his present condition, with a team option for the second year. Give Arnie Kander the reclamation assignment of Oden until the start of training camp this fall and see where he is strength and conditioning wise, and the integrity of his knees. If Arnie can't do it, it can't be done. If Arnie is successful we've got a complete season to see what he looks like playing for a defensive minded coach, as the anchor, and paired with Monroe, in his 3rd season, just how awesome Monroe can be.

All that's required is for Joe Dumars to get off his ass and get it done. This is what we need more than anything else, a monster in the middle, and if Joe's all the GM some posters says that he is, he should be able to get this done. He doesn't have to trade, or worry about RFA signing, just get the man's agent on the phone, set up a lunch date, send a jet to pick him and Oden up, and sell them on the Pistons. We know he can screw up, but can he clean up his mess?

DX .. interesting idea .. what are the pros and cons of getting Oden ? :Why did the Blazers think he was finished career wise?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:26 pm

lemonpen wrote:Anyone know the whereabouts of one Derrick Caracter. He was a Laker then poof. I remember him beating the stew out of our boys one hot Vegas summer.
He's landed with the mighty Rio Grande Valley Vipers
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty oden

Post  deusXango Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:00 am

Yo' Grizz, how are you? The pros and cons of obtaining Greg Oden for the Pistons?! Why did Portland think his career is over?! I know that you don't answer a question with a question, but in this case my question is the best answer; why did Portland feel 4 months ago that Oden was worth an $8 million a year contract? I think his career in Portland was more a matter of economics than potential, plus they don't have an Arnie Kander. If they did he would have salvaged Brandon Roy's career.

Pros: Should he rehab without further incident we've got arguebly one of the top defensive centers in the NBA. Moving Greg Monroe to the PF spot and allowing him to expand his offensive game both inside and outside. With an improved Maxiell, J.J., Macklin, a big draft prospect, and Monroe we're suddenly solid in the paint. If any of those players are traded over the summer I imagine it would only make us better. Oden would not be forced to play extended minutes for us to be effective. We've gotten him cheaper than what it would take to obtain Kamen, McGee, or any of the other centers mentioned on this site.

Cons: The only thing I can think of is the "Sam Bowie syndrome" where Oden will never be able to regain his physical health sufficient enough to pursue a professional basketball career. Behind the surgery's he has lost his inner drive to work as hard as neccessary to come back (I'm sure Arnie would demand hard work). There really are no disappointments that fans couldn't except....the hope would be too great to vilify Joe for trying.

Last edited by deusXango on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Character

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:38 am

merc wrote:
lemonpen wrote:Anyone know the whereabouts of one Derrick Caracter. He was a Laker then poof. I remember him beating the stew out of our boys one hot Vegas summer.
He's landed with the mighty Rio Grande Valley Vipers

Yeah, when he's not on Police blotters...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Thanks!

Post  Grizz Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 am

deusXango wrote:Yo' Grizz, how are you? The pros and cons of obtaining Greg Oden for the Pistons?! Why did Portland think his career is over?! I know that you don't answer a question with a question, but in this case my question is the best answer; why did Portland feel 4 months ago that Oden was worth an $8 million a year contract? I think his career in Portland was more a matter of economics than potential, plus they don't have an Arnie Kander. If they did he would have salvaged Brandon Roy's career.

Pros: Should he rehab without further incident we've got arguebly one of the top defensive centers in the NBA. Moving Greg Monroe to the PF spot and allowing him to expand his offensive game both inside and outside. With an improved Maxiell, J.J., Macklin, a big draft prospect, and Monroe we're suddenly solid in the paint. If any of those players are traded over the summer I imagine it would only make us better. Oden would not be forced to play extended minutes for us to be effective. We've gotten him cheaper than what it would take to obtain Kamen, McGee, or any of the other centers mentioned on this site.

Cons: The only thing I can think of is the "Sam Bowie syndrome" where Oden will never be able to regain his physical health sufficient enough to pursue a professional basketball career. Behind the surgery's he has lost his inner drive to work as hard as neccessary to come back (I'm sure Arnie would demand hard work). There really are no disappointments that fans couldn't except....the hope would be too great to vilify Joe for trying.

DX ... Hey yo back ... when you are just missing or just making the play offs .. and you dont have a lot to trade .. and FAs arent beating down your door .. as in Detroit nowadays .. that is the scene .. so.. I think you are right that we have to go out there and try to reclaim the best player available .. Sort of like what the Knicks did to get Jeremy Lin (GOD IT STILL BUGS me we have 30 year olds Wilkins and Russell Jr, on the roster but we wouldnt take a chance on a 23 year old PG Harvard grad who won the California State High School Championship single handedly)... So yeah .. what have we got to lose? At least Oden is a good 5 or 6 years younger than Wilkins and Russell Jr! If Oden makes a come back, we have something .. there is even a chance he could make a comeback .. but Wilkins and Russel Jr.. there is no chance .. They are going to be borderline DL league players and thats their ceiling (basement rather.. )
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next