Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sissy1946
Rett
Murph
Sparma
Fennis Dembo
Linwood
g-man
Oracle
WTF
FlyDog
frankied
Sebastian
merc
cool breeze
deusXango
Grizz
20 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Royce White ... Heck No!!!

Post  Sebastian Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:26 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Henson

Post  WTF Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:05 pm

I would take a shot at Henson with the 8 pick. He could be a very decent double double post player and we need that. Honestly I think the sleeper in the top 10 picks will be Harrison who I think we should take, but I won't be mad about who we choose with the pick.

I just want to get on with the business of rebuilding this team, any young big we pick will be an upgrade over just about anyone in our front court now and that includes Monroe. Not a diss to Monroe just saying that any of the top bigs in this draft could likely be better or become better.

Team needs to amnesty Ben Gordon and then buyout CV if additional picks can't be obtained for them. Who knows we could have both Barnes and Henson to go with Knight Stuckey and Monroe. Boy wouldn't that be a nice young starting 5 to really start rebuilding with. If Lil Larry and Joe don't muck it up!

You have Tay, JJ so why not make a run at Thabeet and a veteran PG.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Draft Henson, no thanks ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:47 pm

From NBA Draft Net

Weaknesses:
Despite putting on approximately 30 pounds since arriving on campus (180 to 210), Henson is still thin as a rail. He doesn't possess the frame to add substantial bulk with exceptionally narrow shoulders ... Core strength is lacking, easily bumped off balance
on drives to the basket and can't maintain post position offensively or defensively ... His movements, while effective for the most part, are not graceful by any means ... His legs are pronated and appears duck-footed: clumsy when forced to move laterally ... Must put in the hard yards to improve his footwork ... Projects as a tweener at the next level, with inadequate muscle to bang inside with 4's or perimeter skills to play the 3 ... His jump shot needs a lot of work as the ball comes off with a sidespin ... He shot 48% from the FT line in what has undoubtedly become a mental battle ... Range has all but disappeared ... Outside of his shot blocking prowess, he does not project an aura of confidence on the floor- more of anxious energy ... Sometimes overly fascinated by his length, going above and beyond to impact shots better
left alone e.g. last shot versus Washington ... Does not box out, fully reliant on his length and leaping ability ... A full 40 minutes of focus seems like a tough ask ... Highly physical games inhibit his effectiveness, preferring finesse opponents where he can roam freely.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Now go read Draft Express who claims everything opposite. Henson was averaging 14pt almost 10 boards agame come on Sebastian you don't want this kid but been yapping on about Thabeet just because he's 7"3. There's nothing wrong with Henson or any other player we would take in the top 10 unless Joe reaches for the moon and find another Darko.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:39 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Now go read Draft Express who claims everything opposite. Henson was averaging 14pt almost 10 boards agame come on Sebastian you don't want this kid but been yapping on about Thabeet just because he's 7"3. There's nothing wrong with Henson or any other player we would take in the top 10 unless Joe reaches for the moon and find another Darko.

Wise, no doubt about it, Joe is going to be forced to make a decision this Draft. The previous two years were no-brainers. In 2010, the Warriors stupidly drafted Udoh and not Monroe and last year a couple Euros were drafted prior to Knight, making Knight available at #8 for US.

I can't wait to learn (on May 30), where exactly WE and the other Lottery teams will be drafting, then Forum members can submit their desired selections.

But, if WE draft #8 or #9, then I am all-in on drafting Perry Jones III.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty HENSON v WHITE

Post  deusXango Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Peep this Sebastian, you're damning a player who's not set foot on a NBA floor (Royce White) all while championing a NBA player who can't get on the floor (Hasheem Thabeet), and that's God awful wrong! First off the reported, alledged fear of flying won't be a problem or hinderence for the game the man has; strength, girth (hard to move off the block once set), the court vision of a "pass first PG", highly intelligent, and a team player. He's a defensive player, who's extremely athletic and fast for his size. Quick hands and feet, and the most appealing aspect, he's coachable and not a lockerroom cancer. Ask Fred "the Mayor" Hoiberg who's coached him and probably knows more about the NBA than both of us combined, what type of player would we be getting in White? We need to stop this PC sh!t, this is basketball we're talking, and drafting another weakling player simply because he smiles just right is stupid and counter-productive. Henson is weak and one dimensional, much like Austin Daye who we drafted with the 15th pick, much to the consternation of many knowledgeable Pistons fans. If you ain't buff, cut, and strong in todays NBA, you can get seriously hurt on the floor. That's another thing, who we got that can body-up, and make a decent effort to defend "King James", and at the same time put pressure on him offensively by rebounding, getting his team mates involved by racking up assists, and scoring? Keep in mind I'm talking about a bench player for us! I'm not fault finding with our starting 5 like I was at the beginning of the year, but we damn sure need drastic bench improvement. All we'll have is Jerebko next year and you don't win in the NBA with six men!

You're ready to pick Perry Jones III who won't show up half the time over a player who's not shirked when it's come to giving his all? Harrison Barnes ain't an improvement over Tayshaun, and Tay is old and slow! He's okay at SF for another year. Anything we can get out of John Henson, we can get out of Jeff Withey, and more, and Withey will be available to us in the 2nd round. You still my man Sebastian, but your mind is way closed on this one. If White is so "crazy" how is it that he remained academically eligible all year, made practices, and showed up big in games when it mattered?

Draft White, Withey, and with Houston's pick, Denman; Try to work a trade for Greivis Vasquez, and welcome Kyle Singler into the fold. That's a good start for our 2nd year of rebuilding. Oh yeah, Vernon Macklin ain't "dog poop" either!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty henson v white...

Post  frankied Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:09 pm

gotta agree with deusX on this.
if i was sure, after due dilligence, that white's psychological hangups were manageable, hell yea, i'd draft him. he's as talented as anyone in the draft and if his psychological stuff is under control, he's going to explode in the nba.
i really like withey also. he looks like he's going to be able to do what he's done in college ball and he has a much better frame than henson.
i'd hope that the team could get another late first or early second so they could pick up jae crowder also. he's a guaranteed 10 year, solid rotation guy and if you could get him late first, early second, he'll be a steal.
henson?
i hate him. really, truly hate him as a player. i just don't see how that guy is going to play in the league. if daye can't hang with forwards, how is henson going to bang with centers? he is so awkward, no way is he going to be able to guard any perimeter guys, like "3s".
if he was there in the middle of the second round, i might take a gamble on him, but no way, no how would i ever use a first round choice on a weak, frail interior player who doesn't have offensive skills.
are you kidding?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Frankie/DX

Post  Oracle Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:09 pm

frankied wrote:gotta agree with deusX on this.
if i was sure, after due dilligence, that white's psychological hangups were manageable, hell yea, i'd draft him. he's as talented as anyone in the draft and if his psychological stuff is under control, he's going to explode in the nba
i really like withey also. he looks like he's going to be able to do what he's done in college ball and he has a much better frame than henson.
i'd hope that the team could get another late first or early second so they could pick up jae crowder also. he's a guaranteed 10 year, solid rotation guy and if you could get him late first, early second, he'll be a steal.
henson?
i hate him. really, truly hate him as a player. i just don't see how that guy is going to play in the league. if daye can't hang with forwards, how is henson going to bang with centers? he is so awkward, no way is he going to be able to guard any perimeter guys, like "3s".
if he was there in the middle of the second round, i might take a gamble on him, but no way, no how would i ever use a first round choice on a weak, frail interior player who doesn't have offensive skills.
are you kidding?

@frankie/@DX - I was joking earlier(you know I can't resist), but I totally agree that if Joe actually does his homework, and he clears it, I have no problem with the pick.

I really just hope that we can get lucky and get a higher pick! I would say we deserve it, but when you're gifted with the #2 pick and blow it on a Drako, the only thing you deserve is a 30 day old jelly up the arse!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Stay away from White in the first round. He would be A steal in the second round

Post  Phil-Good Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:11 pm

Listen, I have A lot of friends with Anxiety disorder. It's A Bitch of A mental disease. It really makes people think limited about what they can't do. I can't do this, I can't do that. What's not good about it is that as you get older it gets badder and badder.

So if the kid can't get on Air Crafts now then it's going to be even tougher when the pressure is on him to get on the jet for the NBA finals or after back to back games in Washington and then Memphis with little to no sleep.

I would grab him in the second round but anything in the first round is A really bad move.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Stay away from White in the first round. He would be A steal in the second round

Post  deusXango Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:43 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Listen, I have A lot of friends with Anxiety disorder. It's A Bitch of A mental disease. It really makes people think limited about what they can't do. I can't do this, I can't do that. What's not good about it is that as you get older it gets badder and badder.

So if the kid can't get on Air Crafts now then it's going to be even tougher when the pressure is on him to get on the jet for the NBA finals or after back to back games in Washington and then Memphis with little to no sleep.

I would grab him in the second round but anything in the first round is A really bad move.
P-Boy, White won't be there in the 2nd round, guaranteed. I agree with you that mental health is a very serious handicap and can be disableing if it goes untreated. A multi-million dollar player can have any condition treated, mental or physical, and can not only have a productive career, but live a "normal" life as well; just ask Magic Johnson, Chris Jackson, or Elgin Baylor. Pro basketball players can even have the support of management, after all, they represent an investment. You take away the "red flags" and you've got a legitimate top 5 player in this years draft! White's camp and advisors have already come to positive terms with his anxiety disorder, and the consensus must be, he's ready to roll. We have no idea what good and decent people are working behind the scenes in the Pistons organization. It's the mental state of the GM that we need to be concerned with.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:54 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Listen, I have A lot of friends with Anxiety disorder. It's A Bitch of A mental disease. It really makes people think limited about what they can't do. I can't do this, I can't do that. What's not good about it is that as you get older it gets badder and badder.

I'll have to go with Philboy on this one... mental stability is 80% of the game... Tim Duncan has limited skills but he knows he'll hit that banker.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Tanks but no Tanks

Post  merc Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:07 am

Looks like Cleveland has mastered the tank... in a matter of two weeks they passed three teams for the better lotto odds... and if they win again it's on Detroit's management and coaching... the Cavs will be set for several years... while we slop around in mediocre land... take notice of "the we need to win all we can now mentality"... cause it's about to bite us in the ass... watch the direction of these two franchises and let us know which strategy works.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty ORACLE

Post  deusXango Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:09 am

"@frankie/@DX - I was joking earlier(you know I can't resist), but I totally agree that if Joe actually does his homework, and he clears it, I have no problem with the pick.

"I really just hope that we can get lucky and get a higher pick! I would say we deserve it, but when you're gifted with the #2 pick and blow it on a Drako, the only thing you deserve is a 30 day old jelly up the arse!"
-Oracle

Oracle, I know that you and Fennis Dembo are coming with the cutting edge humor, no matter what. As refreshingly cynical as it is I know that underneath the laughs there are razor sharp and knowledgeble basketball minds. Keep doing you, I understand.

I hope Joe gets off his ass and get us another 1st rounder, and if we move up in the lottery good, if we don't that's fine too as long as the team continues to win. The Pistons are showing some grit, pride, and learning how to finish out games, in spite of some key players having off nights. We haven't seen that in a while. The team is playing smarter, but we've still got some lazy dumbasses that Lil' Larry's got to put on the floor in order for the team to survive. With an infusion of skill and high basketball I.Q.'s that'll mean two things; 1. we've gotten rid of some junk players that are pushing the payroll up, and taking up roster space. 2. we've replaced these players with young players that are just that, players, and with a lower payroll we can shop for that top tier FA and land him!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Henson's Strengths

Post  Murph Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:07 am

Sebastian, you forgot to copy and paste Henson's strengths:

NBA Comparison: Brandan Wright/Samuel Dalembert

Strengths: Athletic specimen at 6'10 with octopus-like 7'4 wingspan ... Goes beyond the conventional defensive presence-- he wrecks games with his length ... Extraordinary shot blocker (3.2 blk) featuring a combination of length, quick vertical leap and ability to swat with either hand ... His court coverage is freakish, consistently leaving a defensive imprint even when out of position ... Rebounds above the rim (10.1 rpg) where his physical tools provide him an innate advantage ... Particularly effective on the offensive glass (3.2 off) ... A long strider with good straight-line speed, he runs up and down the floor with ease ... Frequently beats his man in transition and a target for easy deuces ... Face up game shows potential with comfortable ball handling skills, quick first step and length to reach the rim in two dribbles ... Adroit finishing with either hand around the basket ... Learning to utilize his size advantage in the post and less averse to throwing his “weight” around ... Favors a quick spin move to the baseline to avoid contact ... Produces most of his scoring output (11.7 ppg) without the basketball: o-boards, in transition (alley-oops) and finding open creases in the defense ... Rarely looks to shoot outside a few feet (50% fg) ... Finishes over defenders, not through them ... Solid development (some body maturity) is clearly evident from freshman to sophomore campaigns. He's turned the aggression meter up several notches.

Strengths: Freakishly long and athletic forward who has a tremendous amount of potential ... Has wiry strength and is not afraid to mix it up inside with players much bigger than him ... He has the necessary speed, mobility as well as some moves off the dribble to make plays on the perimeter ... His low post repertoire is still developing, but most importantly his touch around the hoop is very soft allowing him to convert on difficult shots ... Because of his extremely long arms and nice leaping ability, he is able to grab rebounds above the box and out of reach of his opponents ... He is very active on the O glass, putting himself in good position to get easy points ... Defensively he is a menace, because he is quick enough to stay infront of smaller players and he is also a tremendous shotblocker at this level ...

I think Henson will work out fine as an NBA PF. All he needs to do for us is defend, rebound, block shots and score on put-backs. I agree that he can't play center in the NBA, but I see him being a more skilled John Salley, or a bigger Amir Johnson type of player. He'll definitely be an upgrade over JMax in a year or two.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Draft

Post  Murph Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:31 am

Look...there are no Greg Monroes in this draft at #8, which is why I suggested trying to trade the pick for JaVale McGee, who could have stared at center for us. Nevertheless, Henson fills a huge need, as a big, athletic, defensive minded PF.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Henson's Strengths

Post  WTF Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:01 am

Murph wrote:Sebastian, you forgot to copy and paste Henson's strengths:

NBA Comparison: Brandan Wright/Samuel Dalembert

Strengths: Athletic specimen at 6'10 with octopus-like 7'4 wingspan ... Goes beyond the conventional defensive presence-- he wrecks games with his length ... Extraordinary shot blocker (3.2 blk) featuring a combination of length, quick vertical leap and ability to swat with either hand ... His court coverage is freakish, consistently leaving a defensive imprint even when out of position ... Rebounds above the rim (10.1 rpg) where his physical tools provide him an innate advantage ... Particularly effective on the offensive glass (3.2 off) ... A long strider with good straight-line speed, he runs up and down the floor with ease ... Frequently beats his man in transition and a target for easy deuces ... Face up game shows potential with comfortable ball handling skills, quick first step and length to reach the rim in two dribbles ... Adroit finishing with either hand around the basket ... Learning to utilize his size advantage in the post and less averse to throwing his “weight” around ... Favors a quick spin move to the baseline to avoid contact ... Produces most of his scoring output (11.7 ppg) without the basketball: o-boards, in transition (alley-oops) and finding open creases in the defense ... Rarely looks to shoot outside a few feet (50% fg) ... Finishes over defenders, not through them ... Solid development (some body maturity) is clearly evident from freshman to sophomore campaigns. He's turned the aggression meter up several notches.

Strengths: Freakishly long and athletic forward who has a tremendous amount of potential ... Has wiry strength and is not afraid to mix it up inside with players much bigger than him ... He has the necessary speed, mobility as well as some moves off the dribble to make plays on the perimeter ... His low post repertoire is still developing, but most importantly his touch around the hoop is very soft allowing him to convert on difficult shots ... Because of his extremely long arms and nice leaping ability, he is able to grab rebounds above the box and out of reach of his opponents ... He is very active on the O glass, putting himself in good position to get easy points ... Defensively he is a menace, because he is quick enough to stay infront of smaller players and he is also a tremendous shotblocker at this level ...

I think Henson will work out fine as an NBA PF. All he needs to do for us is defend, rebound, block shots and score on put-backs. I agree that he can't play center in the NBA, but I see him being a more skilled John Salley, or a bigger Amir Johnson type of player. He'll definitely be an upgrade over JMax in a year or two.

Exactly Murph Henson could be an excellent selection.

@frankie and DX. Henson is by no means anything like Austin Daye. One he's a far better defender than daye will ever be in the NBA. Secondly he consistently plays in the post and defends the post very well. Third I wouldn't be overly concerned with him defending all the current NBA centers with limited post games. Gee Bynum shooting 3's now and 90% can play with their backs to the basket.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty John Henson, Heck No!!!

Post  Sebastian Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 pm

Fellow Pistons Fan:

I would much rather that Joe drafts the kid from Duncanville, rather than the kid from Round Rock.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Sebastian wrote:Fellow Pistons Fan:

I would much rather that Joe drafts the kid from Duncanville, rather than the kid from Round Rock.

I agree with you Sebastian, on that point. Wise, Henson is not the shooter that Daye is either; we don't need weak and skinny on our team, and George Gervin ain't about to walk through the door. Henson & Daye. Same type players, just different games.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:52 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Fellow Pistons Fan:

I agree with you Sebastian, on that point. Wise, Henson is not the shooter that Daye is either; we don't need weak and skinny on our team, and George Gervin ain't about to walk through the door. Henson & Daye. Same type players, just different games.

DX Henson game is nothing like Daye coming into the draft, their games are totally different and Henson is light years ahead of Daye and a far better player. Not liking him because he's skinny is just plain crazy man..... Henson fits and the draft pick should be about getting a player that fits the only other player I say fit is Harrison Barnes and Sullinger. Also Henson like 30 punds heavier than Daye was.

Not that I'm pushing to select Henson, but some of the prejudgement that he's another Austin Daye is crazy, personally I'm not hating on any of the young guys they all will have certain weakness coming into the NBA, what need to be look at is who best fits not trying to draft the next superstar.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty DRAFT PROSPECTS

Post  deusXango Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:42 pm

Wise, please don't get me wrong, I'm not down on Henson because he's skinny, I'm just hoping that Dumars makes a sounder choice with where we'll be drafting, with one pick I might add. George Gervin is my favorite NBA player all time, I love Kevin Durant's game, Rip Hamilton before he lost it, Larry Nance from "back in the day," and Kevin Garnett to me was the most skilled high school basketball I've seen. All were skinny. Skinny, but lethal, and Henson ain't lethal, that's all. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, with our pick Dumars should be trying to select a special player out of all that are available to us; not just good or a good fit on paper, but special on the court. We desperately need that player out of this draft in order to turn the corner in a number of areas in our return to prominence.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty tanks...

Post  frankied Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:55 pm

merc wrote:Looks like Cleveland has mastered the tank... in a matter of two weeks they passed three teams for the better lotto odds... and if they win again it's on Detroit's management and coaching... the Cavs will be set for several years... while we slop around in mediocre land... take notice of "the we need to win all we can now mentality"... cause it's about to bite us in the ass... watch the direction of these two franchises and let us know which strategy works.
merc,
i agree wholeheartedly.
now is the time to shut stuckey down for the rest of the season, play CV and daye and macklin and let the chips fall where they may.
if the team loses the rest of its games, so be it, and hopefully we'll get more ping pong balls.
and at the very least, better draft position.
but it looks like we're going to do exactly what we've done the last couple of years...hurt our draft position just enough to not be able to draft the player we've wanted..
cousins a couple of years ago and biyombo last year.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty DRAFT PROSPECTS

Post  WTF Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:01 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, please don't get me wrong, I'm not down on Henson because he's skinny, I'm just hoping that Dumars makes a sounder choice with where we'll be drafting, with one pick I might add. George Gervin is my favorite NBA player all time, I love Kevin Durant's game, Rip Hamilton before he lost it, Larry Nance from "back in the day," and Kevin Garnett to me was the most skilled high school basketball I've seen. All were skinny. Skinny, but lethal, and Henson ain't lethal, that's all. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, with our pick Dumars should be trying to select a special player out of all that are available to us; not just good or a good fit on paper, but special on the court. We desperately need that player out of this draft in order to turn the corner in a number of areas in our return to prominence.

Thought you were hating on the Skinny's DX.

Then they player would be Harrison Barnes DX, This who I think is the sleeper in terms of being that special player. I won't tag him to become a superstar but special yes. He has the potential to be a HOF when his NBA career is over much like in the quiet fashion of the Fat GM running this team.

Also isn't that what we hope Knight and Monroe will become Special can't have special player at every position so it has to be about Fit this draft if Barnes is gone by the time we pick. Or we luck up and get to pick at 1, 2 or 3. But Henson wouldn't bad at #8 or #9 if that's where we land
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:09 pm

deusXango wrote:Wise, please don't get me wrong, I'm not down on Henson because he's skinny, I'm just hoping that Dumars makes a sounder choice with where we'll be drafting, with one pick I might add. George Gervin is my favorite NBA player all time, I love Kevin Durant's game, Rip Hamilton before he lost it, Larry Nance from "back in the day," and Kevin Garnett to me was the most skilled high school basketball I've seen. All were skinny. Skinny, but lethal, and Henson ain't lethal, that's all. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, with our pick Dumars should be trying to select a special player out of all that are available to us; not just good or a good fit on paper, but special on the court. We desperately need that player out of this draft in order to turn the corner in a number of areas in our return to prominence.
very well said. henson is a bench guy. he might have a decent nba career, but it will probably be as a john salley-like bench player who comes in to play defense and block shots. not bad, but definitely not what i want out of a top 10 pick. with this draft, especially, i'm looking to get a franchise-level talent, and henson simply is not that kind of player. in this draft, there will be guys taken in the second round - withey, ezeli, gordon, yancy gates - who will be as good or better than henson. imho, this is just another example of a guy getting lots of props because he's got that NC uniform on. if henson was just some guy playing for a mid-major in kansas, he'd be looked at as a late first, second rounder....maybe. my guess is that he's going to be the guy in the green room who slides and keeps sliding as everyone gets cold feet about taking him.
i have to laugh when i read about his elite athleticism. i don't see it. i see a tall, awkward guy who moves fairly well for a guy with his physical profile, but i don't see athleticism, explosiveness like say...larry sanders or amir johnson or salley or any of the truly great athletic big guys. imho, he is a taller, less agile brandan wright and no way anyone takes brandan wright in the lottery, any year. drafting wright in the lottery was a mistake, and hopefully detroit won't make the same mistake with henson.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty barnes...

Post  frankied Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:12 pm

have you watched barnes play?
exactly what has he done to make you think that he's a special player?
other than get a lot of hype coming out of high school.
dude looks like he sleepwalks through games and then wakes up long enough to shoot a 15 foot jumper.
he looks like dell curry on downers.
he looks, to me, like a guy destined to a career as a scorer off the bench because he won't do anything but shoot jumpers.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty barnes...

Post  WTF Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:41 pm

frankied wrote:have you watched barnes play?
exactly what has he done to make you think that he's a special player?
other than get a lot of hype coming out of high school.
dude looks like he sleepwalks through games and then wakes up long enough to shoot a 15 foot jumper.
he looks like dell curry on downers.
he looks, to me, like a guy destined to a career as a scorer off the bench because he won't do anything but shoot jumpers.

frankied, frankied, frankied.....you don't like him because he average 17pt at 50% FG percentage and 6 boards a game because he looked sleepy doing it? I use to say the same thing about MJ when he was at NC (not implying he's Like Mike) I use to say the same thing about Grant Hill (Not implying he's Hill either)

The guy game is restricted much in the way most players are in a NC or Duke system, Harrison plays a team game on a well coached and talented program. Same thing with Henson as well.

It's okay not to want these guys frankied but let not make up stuff just to hate on them.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next