Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+6
Phil-Good
BallinD
Sparma
WTF
deusXango
Oracle
10 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty You'll be able to hear the whining coming from LA all the way here...

Post  Oracle Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:08 am

Lonzo Ball will have to compete against Rondo for the starting PG job  lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Sorry, I got tired of laughing! Obviously this is a joke, but the joke is on Ball, he doesn't have a chance.

But Daddy Ball, LaVar will take to the air waves and whine his arse off, the dude will explode... and that should make quite a noise  lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Wow!

Post  Sparma Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:02 pm

I appreciate your overture regarding KCP, Oracle; ultimately time will tell.

The Cousins signing by GS is unbelievable!

Can't believe some of the moves LA is making.  Opting out on Randle!!?  Dude's emerging as a star as best I could tell.  Signing KCP (I do think having the same agent as LeBron helped there) and Rondo for significant deals that block a second max FA signing if I'm understanding it right, but moving on from Randle?!  I thought they'd be signing Cousins, then doubted that they had the space to do so, then saw he's signing for the (tax payers, 5.2? mil) mid-level exception.  Incredible stuff.

Could Howard possibly make his way back to LA, having made a mess of things before, but with a different crew (except that Kobe's still around)?

Now the Lakers are back to really, really needing to swing that Kawhi deal.  Or can they afford to wait it out a year and hope he comes then?  I heard a sports talk person opine that LeBron has two years left at the very highest level.  I'm guessing LeBron still has a while as a superstar though.

Meanwhile our moves pale in comparison, bringing in Robinson and Calderon, but losing Tolliver and presumably Ennis and Buycks.  Really minor stuff competitively, sad as I am to see Tolliver go.

The NBA's becoming like the British Premier league where six (or fewer!) teams have a chance to win the title.  Or maybe more accurately: to have the chance to face off against GS in the conference or NBA finals.  Maybe someday we get to be that once in a lifetime Leicester City shocker.  At least we know that there won't be a fifth straight GS-Cleveland showdown.

We don't belong in the same league as GS.

Oracle wrote:Reports: DeMarcus Cousins joining Golden State Warriors

Beginning to smell like...

FORUM - Page 34 10690233_789090547801476_6026750873887064092_n
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Warriors to LeBron & Houston: Check and Mate Mofo

Post  Oracle Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Glenn Robinson lll & Calseron

Post  Oracle Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 pm

DX, I had reservations as well, but in his defense, when he was healthy, he was a better player than Stanley, IMO. However, I still think Stanley's upside is higher and hasn't even been tapped, thanks to SVG.

He will push Stanley, but maybe it's just me, but I'm sick of these undersized dudes we seem to keep being attracted. Avery Bradley was another, but at least he had star quality talent when healthy.

Calderon is a good pickup, you just hope he never needs to play. He was fantastic for the Cavs, and has looked good in general, but he's insurance, and you only need insurance when something goes wrong.

I think even more than that, the latest signings just remind me of how much of a non factor we are right now. It's like the NBA had a party, and worse than being a wall flower, we weren't even invited  Sad

Sparma: I'm sorry if I missed something in your response... wouldn't be the first time  lol. If you want to explain further, I'll keep an open mind.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty I wonder if

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 pm

The new wrinkle in NBA basketball, as played in the east, is going to be "small ball" played to the extreme. Why else would we have a roster loaded with SG's and SG sized SF's? Our big men are not to be confused with legitimate big men, with the recent infusion of 7 footers with enormous wingspans, but strong ass players who play the paint. Although Drummond and Griffin aren't overwhelming in height, they may well turn out to be two of the most formidable big men in the east, because of their strength, once chemistry is established. This is why I like Ellenson...possible replacement for Tolliver, Moreland, and Leuer.

Before Don goes into one of his defense tirades, LCA is not an empty arena because defense is not being played at an excellent level, but it's an empty cavern because the games are not exciting, for the money being paid at the turnstiles and player salaries. Win or loose, the Pistons must play exciting basketball until the payroll is brought under control and the arena is filled. We need to become fiscally responsible and load up our "war chest" with first round picks. We need time to develop our neglected young players and establish a team identity. Let's stop talking sh!t about "win now" because we don't have what it takes to win now...SVG constructed a real Frankenstein of a franchise during the time he was here. Top to bottom we suck in some way and I can't believe some wanted to give "Mr. Destructor" another season to complete the madness he started. I'm liking Casey because he has a vision and the willingness to try and dig us out of this madness...that's not an overnight job.

If Reggie Jackson (a combo/SG) can be transformed into a non-defensive PG, why can't the same be done with Luke Kennard? Luke has more going for him, skill wise, and he's damn sure not as fragile and selfish. Got to watch my mouth because there's some that still think RJ is the sh!t, but there's some out there that's curious to see how much Kennard can be developed.

Well, I've rambled enough, it's almost time for Summer League where I'd love to have seen Stanley Johnson participate. It's not like it'd be an insult to the team and he couldn't use the time with Ellenson, Kennard, Thomas, and Brown.

Last edited by deusXango on Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Oracle

Post  Sparma Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:56 pm

I tried to make my case, Oracle, but it looks like the facts on your side. Once again. Moving on.

Oracle wrote:Sparma, you're struggling with phantoms, the future is never guaranteed, and if I'm good, I love the prove it situations because if you're good, you'll win every time.

What confuses you is somehow you've conflated financial stability with reality.

Reality, as of now KCP averages 15M/yr... FACT! He loses 1M/per because the Piston offer was 16M, chump change in their world, and who wouldn't take that loss to play with LeBron and for the Lakers as opposed to with SVG or Reggie.

Of course if you want to speculate on the future, IMO, the future is even brighter for KCP next season when loads of teams have tons of money to spend. The Lakers may offer him a good deal, or he could walk for more.

Sparma, reality is that if you're a 25 year old player that still hasn't hit his prime, financial stability is damn near guaranteed(barring injury, but that's what insurance is for).
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Sparma

Post  Oracle Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:03 pm

Sparma, you're struggling with phantoms, the future is never guaranteed, and if I'm good, I love the prove it situations because if you're good, you'll win every time.

What confuses you is somehow you've conflated financial stability with reality.

Reality, as of now KCP averages 15M/yr... FACT! He loses 1M/per because the Piston offer was 16M, chump change in their world, and who wouldn't take that loss to play with LeBron and for the Lakers as opposed to with SVG or Reggie.

Of course if you want to speculate on the future, IMO, the future is even brighter for KCP next season when loads of teams have tons of money to spend. The Lakers may offer him a good deal, or he could walk for more.

Sparma, reality is that if you're a 25 year old player that still hasn't hit his prime, financial stability is damn near guaranteed(barring injury, but that's what insurance is for).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Maybe They're Dancing The Two Step

Post  BallinD Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Why rush to sign Calderone so fast unless we're setting up a trade for Ish, Galloway and/or maybe Leuer. It seems like maybe this FO will be as active as SVB, but not as dumb. Time will tell. Too bad about Tolliver. I wanted us to keep him, and the Noahalytics shooting application seemed dope and could help the whole team.

I'm not mad at taking a flyer on a young wing, GRIII, but it probably cost us Tolliver. Athleticism, youth, n potential upside vs shooting, fit and leadership?

Calderone can help us, maybe. Let's hope he's more Beno and less Blake.

@DeusXango: I'm hoping SJ doesn't need more incentive in his show and prove year before his rookie contract runs out. I hope we can run Bullock at the three if neither GRIII nor SJ show what we need to see. Things are starting to look interesting, going into Summer League. There is probably another shoe or two to drop.

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Stuff

Post  Sparma Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:27 pm

I used to love that guy as a Piston, but I hate to think of how many years ago that was.  And he couldn't play D even back then.  I thought Cleveland was giving him his last shot.   He must still be a good shooter and passer though.  He never relied on speed or quickness or strength or height....

Let's see what he's got.  No great harm at the vet's minimum, which has climbed to 2.4 mil.  I feel bad for Buycks though, because this must mean the end of his Piston's career.  Maybe he's shown enough to catch on elsewhere.

Dang it, I see on a headline on the side that Tolliver's leaving.  There goes my favorite Piston.

And, btw, not everyone plays well with LeBron.  Simmons and Embiid must be both disappointed and relieved, because that would have been a questionable stylistic mesh; Brian Windhorst, Cleveland insider, was talking about how Embiid would need to play outside a lot more than he likes to if LeBron joined, imagining him standing outside waiting to hoist up 3s.  Maybe there was some rhetorical flourish  

With KCP I'm still having trouble seeing how (18 x 1) + (12 x 1) + ? + ? + ? = 30 + ??? isn't a financial step down from a guaranteed 16 x 5 = 80 mil.  Evidently someone persuaded KCP's family of that kind of arithmetic (if memory serves, last summer there were reports that he might pull in a bit more than 10 mil this season, given the general tightness of cash; from that perspective, it sounds like his agent's done well for him this season, maybe alongside his other client signing with LA?).  And I doubt that 80 was as high as the Pistons were willing to go, had KCP entered sincere negotiations.  Didn't Gores indicate early on, during the season, that he would go as high as needed to resign KCP?  In retrospect, maybe not an altogether sincere comment?  Or was it just that unforeseen circumstances arose? It certainly sounded to me like KCP and the Pistons were heading towards 100 mil and beyond.  My sense was that KCP & agent took offence at what they perceived to be a low ball offer, so that they stalled on good faith negotiations, only to encounter a sudden Piston change of course.  Maybe I got all of that wrong.  I hope that we can continue that conversation in 3 years when we know how it played out.   If KCP loses some $$ but flourishes with a contending team he won't regret his decision.  

deusXango wrote:Everyone seems to be satisfied with the signing of Glenn Robinson lll, but I look at the number of starts and his career averages. I'd have taken a chance on Mario Hezonja or Derrick Williams, because they'd have put more pressure on Stanley Johnson to excel. Oh well, we're who we are until something happens dramatic on the trade front. Stanley, please stop making those boneheaded decisions on when to shoot the ball. His shot selection is what I've felt that's made fans tired of him. Stanley is a physical stud and talented in every area of the game, except shooting!

Hot damn, Jose Calderon is back!

Last edited by Sparma on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Y'all know I tend to be delusional

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:13 pm

Everyone seems to be satisfied with the signing of Glenn Robinson lll, but I look at the number of starts and his career averages. I'd have taken a chance on Mario Hezonja or Derrick Williams, because they'd have put more pressure on Stanley Johnson to excel. Oh well, we're who we are until something happens dramatic on the trade front. Stanley, please stop making those boneheaded decisions on when to shoot the ball. His shot selection is what I've felt that's made fans tired of him. Stanley is a physical stud and talented in every area of the game, except shooting!

Hot damn, Jose Calderon is back!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Sparma

Post  Oracle Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:32 am

Sparma wrote:Good spot for KCP in LA now.  He should do very well along with LeBron.  I thought he'd take a financial bath once he turned down, what, 90 mil from the Pistons, and he has, but it could all work out for him now, competitively at least.  And I don't think we'd be better off cash strapped with AD, Reggie J, and KCP as our top three.

Oracle, I think you were one who pointed out that KCP has the same management team as LeBron.  That likely played a role in the LeBron and KCP signings neighboring each other.
Yes, the reporting on NBA TV is that KCP was the key to getting LeBron. Signing KCP to that first one year deal allowed the Lakers to talk to LeBron's agent early and often. However, it turned out great for KCP as well because he got to show how he could help the young Lakers learn what it takes to commit to playing defense 100%.

It cost KCP early on because he deferred to the youngsters, but that also impressed Walton that he would do that in a contract year. I do remember that you thought KCP was taking a big risk, and you were right, it could have gone south, but as a player, those are the kind of risks you should be very willing to take.

I don't see where you get that he's taking a financial bath, I pointed out to you that he's averaging 15M/yr! While that's 1M less than the 16M/yr the Pistons offered, he's in a much better situation now, even though I'm in the minority here, believing that this team has a real shot at the 4-7th seed this coming season.

FYI: Your numbers are off on KCP - Report: Pistons offered Kentavious Caldwell-Pope five-year, $80 million contract I really think it was a bit less, but I do agree, inking him to that deal would have had us strapped even worse. 

I thought KCP was worth about 15M/year, it wasn't his fault that SVG wasn't too smart with a dollar and screwed things up, LOL!

Still it really worked out for him, LeBron makes everyone look better, and that translates into major bucks in the long run.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty No More Excuses...

Post  BallinD Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:55 am

No more need to climb past Mount LeBron to get out of the East. Philly, Boston, Toronto, Milwaukee are probably ahead of us, but now we should be able to shoulder our way into the conversation, if the health gods smile on us.

I still hold out hope that we can shed Leuer and Galloway before the season starts, and pick up a PG piece or another need. We have wing depth and promise of developing talent, but no star on the wings. We do have enough SGs? Can we still make some room for Tolliver? That would be a big win, even though I hope Ellensen is finally ready.

Next week we get to see what a bunch of our wings can do in Vegas Summer League. Time will tell.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty I really want to be excited but

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:59 am

There is no reliable plan at PG should Reggie Jackson go down for the third year in a row. Griffin and Dre can't play without him.

Not only is there no serious competition for Stanley Johnson at SF (starter no less), but 6' 6" and 6' 7" in a world of 6' 8" to
6' 10" high flyers who shoot the 3 ball for a high percentage is not a move that moves me!

Is the only value Reggie Bullock have is his contract? What I witnessed on the floor his worth should be much greater than that. The FA signing seems to be a duplication of Bullock at best.

Will Luke Kennard be "unleashed" this year and given the green light ala Devin Booker or Donovan Mitchell? The man can play!

I believe that for the Pistons to ascend to one of the top 4 in the Jamesless  east, Dwane Casey must utilize a 9-10 man rotation; start with Drummond, Griffin, Bullock, Kennard, and Jackson, with a bench of Johnson, Thomas, Robinson lll, Ellenson, and perhaps Smith or Galloway. Everybody can't play but, we can play SMARTS, SKILL, and STRENGTH!!! The day of the favorite should be over and the best talent should reign.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty LeBron & KCP

Post  Sparma Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:41 pm

I'm surprised LeBron's moving so quickly, but I have gotten sick of sports talk speculation.

That should open up the East, given that he's been the East champion 8 years running, but probably not so much as the Celtics and 76ers should step into the void, with Toronto also clearly in front of us. I doubt Cleveland makes the playoffs next year though, so we do benefit.

Good spot for KCP in LA now. He should do very well along with LeBron. I thought he'd take a financial bath once he turned down, what, 90 mil from the Pistons, and he has, but it could all work out for him now, competitively at least. And I don't think we'd be better off cash strapped with AD, Reggie J, and KCP as our top three.

Oracle, I think you were one who pointed out that KCP has the same management team as LeBron. That likely played a role in the LeBron and KCP signings neighboring each other.

San Antonio made have overplayed its hand a bit with Kahwi, because now I can't see Philly or Boston making a huge offer, with Leonard due to walk (to LA) next year. I'm guessing the Spurs and Lakers will need to negotiate straightforwardly with each other now, with no bluffing. The Spurs should still be able to get quite a good haul for a player with a year left with them.

And if Cousins joins, that will be quite a team. Still, LeBron's streak of conference championships is in serious, serious, jeopardy.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Lakers Win...

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:02 pm

They get LeBron, and KCP agrees to a 12M one year deal for a chance to compete for all the marbles!

At first I was a little surprised that KCP stayed, he could have gotten about 15M elsewhere(Clippers & Grizzlies wanted him), but hell, it's the Lakers and LeBron, and having made 18M last season, he's averaging 15M anyway, but now he has a shot at becoming a champion or at worse raising his stock to new heights!

I always thought he should leave Detroit and SVG, it's just better to go where people know how to use you and believe in your talent.

Now if they can snag Cousins and Leonard, the Lakers are looking at a starting lineup of:

Ball, KCP, Leonard, LeBron and Cousins! Of course they'll need a lot of time to develop some chemistry, but LeBron is great at working that out.

The West is now LOADED!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Robinson/ Oracle

Post  Sparma Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:34 pm

Of course, it's not a cash outlay on par with the quick Galloway, Leuer, and Boban signings, but it's hardly nothing, so maybe you're right that it was hasty. It probably would have been better to make sure we couldn't resign Tolliver for a reasonable deal, then make an offer to someone like Robinson. If the mid-level exception of 8 mil+ (for non-taxpayers) is set by the NBA salary average, that would mean he's coming in at half the average. Still, I'm bummed out by the likely Tolliver departure. Can't see a Leuer deal until he proves himself healthy and productive (and even then that 10 mil salary's not inviting), unless we added a sweetener (but what would that be given our ready disposal of future 2nd round picks?).

Oracle wrote:I'm not sure about this signing, other than I think we jumped a bit early, IMO.

He wasn't likely to be in high demand, so why not wait to see what other players might shake loose as the big dogs get sorted out? Besides, he also looks like another undersized SF without the bulk of a Stanley Johnson.

I will say that when he was healthy, he did look pretty good, and may be a good change of pace off the bench shooting wise for Stanley.

However, somehow I feel/hope that there is going to be trade involving Leuer that may change things. Overall, this move doesn't excite me, so it's really a wait and see sort of thing.
Sparma wrote:I like the Robinson signing (decent potential, good shooting, reasonable contract), but I'm thinking it also means we won't resign Ennis (fine) or Tolliver (sad), who is said to have five suitors including the Knicks (remember how AT held his own v Porzingis in an early game?), one of which may offer him the 8 mil+ full (non-taxpayer) mid-level exception.  Leuer should be able to up his game some, but he's not a sufficient replacement for Tolliver.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Robinson

Post  Oracle Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:16 pm

I'm not sure about this signing, other than I think we jumped a bit early, IMO.

He wasn't likely to be in high demand, so why not wait to see what other players might shake loose as the big dogs get sorted out? Besides, he also looks like another undersized SF without the bulk of a Stanley Johnson.

I will say that when he was healthy, he did look pretty good, and may be a good change of pace off the bench shooting wise for Stanley.

However, somehow I feel/hope that there is going to be trade involving Leuer that may change things. Overall, this move doesn't excite me, so it's really a wait and see sort of thing.
Sparma wrote:I like the Robinson signing (decent potential, good shooting, reasonable contract), but I'm thinking it also means we won't resign Ennis (fine) or Tolliver (sad), who is said to have five suitors including the Knicks (remember how AT held his own v Porzingis in an early game?), one of which may offer him the 8 mil+ full (non-taxpayer) mid-level exception.  Leuer should be able to up his game some, but he's not a sufficient replacement for Tolliver.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Robinson Signing

Post  Sparma Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:49 pm

I like the Robinson signing (decent potential, good shooting, reasonable contract), but I'm thinking it also means we won't resign Ennis (fine) or Tolliver (sad), who is said to have five suitors including the Knicks (remember how AT held his own v Porzingis in an early game?), one of which may offer him the 8 mil+ full (non-taxpayer) mid-level exception. Leuer should be able to up his game some, but he's not a sufficient replacement for Tolliver.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:57 pm

Oracle wrote:There is an interesting article there about under the radar FA's, and a few of them are Piston related.

See it here: Under-the-radar free agents could be intriguing additions come 2018-19

They talk about KCP & Bradley, one of whom's star is rising(KCP), and the other falling, but not totally gone(Bradley).

However there were two items that caught my eye, one possibility, and one bummer.

Toliver: Looks like it's going to be hard to get him back.
Article wrote:You know what you’re getting from Tolliver: a great teammate and a three-point specialist who hasn’t shot less than 36 percent from deep in five years. Maybe Dwane Casey can convince Tolliver it’s not a rebuild in Detroit, but the more likely outcome is that a contending team uses a chunk of its mid-level to add a low-maintenance, solid as they come guy to its locker room.
Nerlens Noel: Could he be had on the cheap? He only does one thing well, protect the rim, but that's exactly what we need to seal wins! I kind of like the idea of having a defensive lineup that covers up nights where lack of offense would otherwise result in a loss.
Article wrote:With Dallas linked to one of either DeAndre Jordan or DeMarcus Cousins through a sign-and-trade (Cousins) and/or opt-in/trade (Jordan), Noel’s days in Big D are over. He’s never going to be a star big in this league or live up to his Lottery pick status, but there’s no reason he still can’t be a serviceable five who can block shots, rebound and run the floor. He’ll almost certainly have to take a short deal for short money to prove he can be a legit rotation guy again for a good team. The Wizards, who just traded Marcin Gortat to the Clippers, are in need of such a big man -- who just happens to fit the bill of what John Wall said the team needs in the middle.

thanks for sharing this information Oracle. Really sad to think that the Pistons can't keep Tolliver who was so well liked by the players, fans and the old coaching staff. If he goes I hope he lands on a really good team that has success next season.

It is unlikely our Pistons will sign Noel who I would love to watch in a Piston uniform but for sure after losing Gortat Noel would fit in really well. Gortat always got the best of AD in those Washington matchups so it will be interesting to see how the Pistons do against Washington next season. One thing is for sure. Neither Jackson or Smith can matchup with either Wall or Beal.

KCP should get a nice contract. Bradley was injured a good share of last season and he has a history of injuries. There is no way the Pistons can sign KCP and it is unlikely that he would agree to play with the Pistons as long as Reggie Jackson is playing point guard. Reggie had KCP standing alone with few touches until his last season with the Pistons. I think KCP looked so much better playing with the Lakers who played a rookie point guard who sees the floor well and will share the basketball. I am one of the few who likes Avery Bradley and would love to have him back with the Pistons. But there is no money so we will watch Jon Leur and Langston Galloway. Galloway was over paid but he still can play pretty well in my opinion. LG can get hot from long range.

There is no replacing the chemistry man Mr. Tolliver. He will especially be missed when he played with the 2nd unit. That hurts because he has such a big spirit. Johnson and Kennard have to step up and support Blake as team leaders next season and become consistent two way players. Reggie Jackson needs to play off the ball in a new role and shoot from distance with a high percentage. Blake should play point forward. If Reggie changes his game and also becomes a better defender, I see at least some hope that the Pistons can become harder to beat. Let's also hope for a miracle that one of the two new draft picks can be effective rotation pieces.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty NBA.Com Article

Post  Oracle Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:57 am

There is an interesting article there about under the radar FA's, and a few of them are Piston related.

See it here: Under-the-radar free agents could be intriguing additions come 2018-19

They talk about KCP & Bradley, one of whom's star is rising(KCP), and the other falling, but not totally gone(Bradley).

However there were two items that caught my eye, one possibility, and one bummer.

Toliver: Looks like it's going to be hard to get him back.
Article wrote:You know what you’re getting from Tolliver: a great teammate and a three-point specialist who hasn’t shot less than 36 percent from deep in five years. Maybe Dwane Casey can convince Tolliver it’s not a rebuild in Detroit, but the more likely outcome is that a contending team uses a chunk of its mid-level to add a low-maintenance, solid as they come guy to its locker room.
Nerlens Noel: Could he be had on the cheap? He only does one thing well, protect the rim, but that's exactly what we need to seal wins! I kind of like the idea of having a defensive lineup that covers up nights where lack of offense would otherwise result in a loss.
Article wrote:With Dallas linked to one of either DeAndre Jordan or DeMarcus Cousins through a sign-and-trade (Cousins) and/or opt-in/trade (Jordan), Noel’s days in Big D are over. He’s never going to be a star big in this league or live up to his Lottery pick status, but there’s no reason he still can’t be a serviceable five who can block shots, rebound and run the floor. He’ll almost certainly have to take a short deal for short money to prove he can be a legit rotation guy again for a good team. The Wizards, who just traded Marcin Gortat to the Clippers, are in need of such a big man -- who just happens to fit the bill of what John Wall said the team needs in the middle.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty The Pistons went in the wrong direction when the owner pulled the trigger on the Blake Griffin trade.

Post  cool breeze Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:57 pm

It seems that people in this great country are always at war with each other unable to understand that there are outside forces wanting what we have and hoping we form in groups and go at each other until our Constitutional Republic will be no more. Maybe some believe it might be a possibility that this owner might end up moving the Pistons to another city. The Franchise made money or so they say even though fans have not bought in to the Pistons like they did in the past even in the years before Isiah Thomas. There seemed to always be hope and maybe more trust in the owner with belief that eventually good decisions would be made and the fun would begin.

It is clear that there is a disconnect between Piston fans and maybe some of the younger followers. The disconnect also is for sure there between the older faithful followers and this current ownership group. It was unbelievable to me that after the SVG experiment this owner did not even interview anyone to my knowledge but maybe Prince. I really did think that Zeke would come to the rescue and get the Pistons back on track. The press seldom if ever mentioned his name or that of Laimbeer. I guess Billups name was mentioned and maybe this owner did reach out and attempt to at least interview some of the old star players for the various jobs that were available. Maybe none of those former players wanted to ruin their good names in Detroit by taking on this roster and the finanical problems that prohibit much change. Maybe Mr. Gores hired some good proven smart individuals to lead the Pistons forward. Whatever happened it sure turned off a lot of old Piston fans when Isiah Thomas at least was not publicly offered any of the jobs. Mr. Gores might have as well said, we do not care what fans think. They are dumb and will accept anything.

Over every summer everyone should be skeptical when their team played so badly they were not even close to making the playoffs considering the Pistons do play in the Eastern Conference. It might be better if the owner said publicly that he is sorry for offering such a horrible product to the City. Instead fans got a lot of fluff with stats coming out our ears about AD's marvelous achievements with even an offering of his stats on boxing out which is pure nonsense. I will not go down the AD rant today. Everything that has happened is not any one player's fault. The fault lies with the ownership group. No sane person who knows anything about the NBA or basketball can believe that the Pistons are on a good course like a lot of other teams. Most teams that have done better than the Pistons decide to shed contracts knowing that they cannot ever have a championship contender with the personnel currently on their rosters. Not the Pistons. Last season our team was going through a tough period like almost every winter since we lost Mr. BigShot's team. However, the team was competitive and I liked the blend of players. I especially enjoyed Tobias Harris who is a high character player. And it was fun to watch the younger guys like Kennard get his feet wet. But clearly the hand writing was on the wall that there was great dysfunction with the highest paid players AD and RJ before the Griffin trade. The style was mind boggling where our point guards were playing their own game excluding most of the other players on the floor running wildly from end to end playing dumb. I really thought that the Pistons management would finally admit that this group of highly paid players did not function well together and would pull off key trades that would allow the Pistons to start over. At the time before the BG trade Detroit had a first round pick. I kept saying this time they will use it on a point guard. Or for sure AD would be on the block to secure a high draft pick so the Pistons could have two first rounders. When the owner went against advise from his own management team who advised against the trade and then threw in our first round pick made me feel betrayed feeling that this owner has sabotaged the Pistons for many years. Why did he do it? Did he do it because he wanted Piston fans to lose interest so he wouldn't get much backlash when he got permission to move the team to another city after tax payers had paid for the new arena?? Maybe that idea is completely wrong but that is what I believed at the time. The Clippers are rebuilding along with all the other teams that missed the playoffs knowing that some day their time will come. Who in hell feels the Pistons time will come within the next 10 years? There is good reason to be negative and disheartened. All we can do if we watch the Pistons next season is to hope that players like Kennard, Moreland, Johnson, Bullock, Buycks, the two rookies, Ellenson can have more success under the leadership of a new coach. This coach must take command and not let the most highly paid players dominate things again and poison the chemistry. The young guys need to create a new team chemistry featuring them not Ad shooting 3 point shots. Wow look I can shoot the 3 ball now everyone. My contract will be huge next time my agent negotiates a new one. Reggie will get me the ball where I want it. Keep the good times coming.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Ssssshhhhhhh. Don't Tell Anybody

Post  BallinD Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Trying to be Incognegro up in here.  BTW, though.  I'm not arguing for-or-against these points, just putting them out there as questions from the "Sketpic's Corner."

WTF wrote:
BallinD wrote:Wise:

...If you're not sold on the BG trade and think it handicaps the team in the long term while not elevating it in the short term.

...If you dislike/skeptical of RJax being our floor general, ability to move the ball and make other players better in the mold of a true PG.

...If  you want to move Andre for a piece but are frustrated at the perceived trade value of our All Star.

...If you think the team lacks Pistons DNA and a plan to get there.

...If you are not convinced, despite the assertions, that this roster is ready to compete for ECF or close to that by getting to the second round.

...If you are tired of the team not being NBA-relevant except for short stretches of the season, then they revert back to the mean.

There are a lot of reasons to be skeptical and asking questions does not make you negative IMO.  I think balance is needed to make a forum work, so long as personal attacks are not employed on the regular.  We all get testy at times due to the lack of progress from the organization and no apparent clue how to get there.

Are you trying to get added to the list  door
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty You Better Be Quiet Ballin

Post  WTF Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:54 pm

BallinD wrote:Wise:

...If you're not sold on the BG trade and think it handicaps the team in the long term while not elevating it in the short term.

...If you dislike/skeptical of RJax being our floor general, ability to move the ball and make other players better in the mold of a true PG.

...If  you want to move Andre for a piece but are frustrated at the perceived trade value of our All Star.

...If you are not convinced, despite the assertions, that this roster is ready to compete for ECF or close to that by getting to the second round.

...If you are tired of the team not being NBA-relevant except for short stretches of the season, then they revert back to the mean.

There are a lot of reasons to be skeptical and asking questions does not make you negative IMO.  I think balance is needed to make a forum work, so long as personal attacks are not employed on the regular.  We all get testy at times due to the lack of progress from the organization and no apparent clue how to get there.

Are you trying to get added to the list  door
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Tough Time To Be A Piston Fan...

Post  BallinD Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:31 pm

Wise:

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Don

Post  WTF Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pm

I still think I'm going to bounce from posting here because I do feel as if there is some desire to silence me from being critical of this team.  You don't get this on a Lions Forum or a Wolverine forum.   Beside I'm already excited that NFL preseason is just a month away I'm sure I won't get much backlash if I pissed on the new coach for giving up 40 plus point in the Super Bowl.

College football is about to kick off soon and the Wolverines are predicted to make the NCAA Playoffs and finish in the Top 5 so Go Blue.   Lions and UM Fans don't cheer tiny victories, we don't pat players on the head for finishing second or just for trying.   The love/hate relationship of Die Hard Lions Fans is most special.

Somehow say something true about a Pistons player or don't pat them on the head for tiny accomplishments then I'm negative.  Out of all the sports NBA players get to give half ass effort and allotted all the excuses.   I don't care is the Lions go winless this season it won't because they gave half ass effort,  the Wings don't give half ass effort,  the Tigers don't give half ass effort and get heavily criticized none more than the Lions.   NBA players make the most money but don't dare talk about them at least not here.  SMH 

I'm not mad about it though
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next