Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+5
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
lemonpen
Phil-Good
9 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty SVG

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Oracle wrote:
lemonpen wrote:Never thought I would say this but I can't wait for Reggie to return.   He is no longer going to be THE MAN.  This isn't HIS team anymore.  He will have to share the ball.  If he can patiently allow his opportunities to materialize and be efficient when they do, scoring droughts will become distant memories.  
Two weeks ought to be enough to get Blake acclimated.
However, Blake isn't going to make it if SVG keeps using him as the ONLY backup center!

Blake logged 35 minutes tonight, that can't be the way he's used. Reggie coming back may ease the need to keep him in the game so much, and it may have been a product of a close game, but I'll watch this.

Wise/Lemon: Yes, felt like the end of the Jazz game, but with a better outcome, but SVG scares me!
Funny thing is I thought the decision to use Blake on Gasol in the closing seconds was a good move. I don't know how many guys noticed but we got superstar treatment from the refs on that matchup. ANY of our role players would have been whistled for a foul if they defended as closely as Griffin.
There are gonna be a lot of subtle advantages to having a star.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty I've Been Saved !!!!!!

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:36 pm

A week ago I was suffering buyers remorse.  Not for this years package of only ten games,  but for the deposit I put down on a significant come up to a 2018-19 full season package.  What the ****** was I thinking.  I didn't have the nerve to tell Mrs Lemonpen........................

INTRODUCING #23

........until after the trade

dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance  dance
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Wow, I'm with you on that one!

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:31 pm

lemonpen wrote:Never thought I would say this but I can't wait for Reggie to return.   He is no longer going to be THE MAN.  This isn't HIS team anymore.  He will have to share the ball.  If he can patiently allow his opportunities to materialize and be efficient when they do, scoring droughts will become distant memories.  
However, Blake isn't going to make it if SVG keeps using him as the ONLY backup center!

Blake logged 35 minutes tonight, that can't be the way he's used. Reggie coming back may ease the need to keep him in the game so much, and it may have been a product of a close game, but I'll watch this.

Wise/Lemon: Yes, felt like the end of the Jazz game, but with a better outcome, but SVG scares me!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty 2 Weeks

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:19 pm

Never thought I would say this but I can't wait for Reggie to return.   He is no longer going to be THE MAN.  This isn't HIS team anymore.  He will have to share the ball.  If he can patiently allow his opportunities to materialize and be efficient when they do, scoring droughts will become distant memories.  
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Nope Sure Wouldn't

Post  WTF Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:18 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:Would a Larry Brown team go down the court with a one point lead and jack up a 3?

SVG is the one with low BBallIQ, he draws up the dumbest plays. When all you need is a score, why take the lowest percentage shot in the game???

I was shaking my head, but the Griz are a feisty team, they almost beat the Pacers last night, but it was us looking like we were on a back to back.

But it's a win, and I'll take them an way we can get them... Welcome Blake!

It's the end of the Jazz game all over again.  What coach doesn't call time out in that situation to make sure everyone is on the same page and running HIS play.

This is why I have confidence, it's not the players even if we could upgrade a spot or 2. Its this dumb coaching and those 3's are the problem especially in tight games.

I like the Blake and Andre combination upgrade the PG over the summer and we have a contender
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Deja Vu

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:59 pm

Oracle wrote:Would a Larry Brown team go down the court with a one point lead and jack up a 3?

SVG is the one with low BBallIQ, he draws up the dumbest plays. When all you need is a score, why take the lowest percentage shot in the game???

I was shaking my head, but the Griz are a feisty team, they almost beat the Pacers last night, but it was us looking like we were on a back to back.

It's the end of the Jazz game all over again. What coach doesn't call time out in that situation to make sure everyone is on the same page and running HIS play.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty They got LUCKY!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:32 pm

Would a Larry Brown team go down the court with a one point lead and jack up a 3?

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty @Murph

Post  WTF Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:31 pm

Murph wrote:The Pistons went 20-6 after they acquired Rasheed Wallace near the end of the 2004 season...and then went on to win the NBA Championship.

I see the ESPN depth chart has us starting Smith, Kennard, Bullock, Griffin and Drummond tonight.  tb

Yeah right 2004 was already on their way to a 50 plus win season without Sheed  lol  This is hardly the same thing not saying it ain't possible but this current much needs to finish somewhere around 30-2.

I'm okay with the starting lineup other than we really could use a PG.  Walker would be nice with this group about right now SVG can't be finish it has to be something more to than just this Blake trade.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Moose

Post  WTF Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:16 pm

If Monroe is smart he'll go to Cleveland I think he'll fit better but the going to New Orleans isn't a mistake either.   Another smart move would be to head back here.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Just Saying...

Post  Murph Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:03 pm

The Pistons went 20-6 after they acquired Rasheed Wallace near the end of the 2004 season...and then went on to win the NBA Championship.

I see the ESPN depth chart has us starting Smith, Kennard, Bullock, Griffin and Drummond tonight. tb

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Just Picking At You

Post  WTF Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:26 pm

Oracle wrote:@Wise - Not sure where you get that I'm hoping for an 8th seed. I simply informed you of the facts, there was no prediction there, you didn't notice that I said we were chasing the team in the 4th seed?

The fact of the matter is that barring a total collapse of the teams ahead of us, it's very hard to make up ground. We have to win and they have to lose. The Wiz are prime candidates because of injury, and Philly is because they're inexperienced. We likely need to win 20+ games to get to the 5th/6th seed, so we'll see.

Oracle just teasing at you  tb  You've been so giddy and optimistic since the trade so I'm picking at you.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Stuff...

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:03 pm

@Ballin & @Don - Bullock is doing great and I really hope he can stay healthy, because if he can, at times he looks like he could become a starter, which he will be tonight, along side Stanley at SF. We'll see how Ish meshes with Blake, but I do have some doubts about the fit.

However, the thing that will make the numbers work best is if SVG can get value out of the youngsters/low cost players like Bullock, Kennard, Stanley & Ellenson. These guys are making no money, and would allow us to see internal growth without having to go out and spend money or resources looking.

@Wise - Not sure where you get that I'm hoping for an 8th seed. I simply informed you of the facts, there was no prediction there, you didn't notice that I said we were chasing the team in the 4th seed?

The fact of the matter is that barring a total collapse of the teams ahead of us, it's very hard to make up ground. We have to win and they have to lose. The Wiz are prime candidates because of injury, and Philly is because they're inexperienced. We likely need to win 20+ games to get to the 5th/6th seed, so we'll see.

We have to win tonight, IMO!

Moves: The Pelicans have traded for Mirotic, and next they're likely to bring in Monroe. Those moves, IMO, makes them better than when they had Boogie!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:34 pm

cool breeze wrote:
BallinD wrote:I know a lot of you Piston Pals for some strange reason do not like Bullock, but well hell, he is a victim of low usage and a hidden gem for us. Hear me out!

Consider this: In the 14 games this season that he has played at least 30 minutes he is averaging 15.1 points on 45.1% from 3, on .643 TS, .640 EFG TS is true shooting percentage.  His PER is 13.6.  

Bullock's usage is only 13.0, lower than all our rotation players except Moreland.

His season average of 8.6 pts is based on an average of 24.2 minutes.  He is unappreciated and the narrative goes that we now need shooting to surround Blake and Drums.  Huh!?!?  So we should trade for Hood? with a TS% of 53%?!?!

By comparison:

Robert Covington, of Philly, 27, just signed a $64M extension.  His True Shooting % is 58. his PER is 12.80, and he avgs 13.3 pts.

KCP, who is expected to get a 20M/yr payday, has a PER of 12.82 and averages 13.4 pts on 33 minutes.

Bullock is being paid 2.5 M
Jus Sayin facepalm

Wow Oracle I had just been looking up Reggie Bullock's Piston contract saying to myself how well Bullock has transformed himself to a solid 2 way player and I log on to the forum and find your post. I agree Reggie is looking really good. I love how he gets down in his stance and spreads his legs on defense. He is fast as hell and is not a guy who takes plays off. His contract runs for two seasons for a total of $5Mil.

While I hate the fact that the Pistons will not be involved in next summers draft knowing that there will be some good players available in the 2nd round, perhaps the other two players that come with Griffin might end up helping our Pistons in time. This deal is done so I am going to hope for the best. The idea that Blake can perhaps provide more stability as one of the team leaders could help the team form more consistency with effort and preparation from game to game. There are some good teams in the East that are ahead of the Pistons now relating to making the playoffs. It seems that Indiana is for real. Will the Bucks crash and burn and come back to reality after their sudden rise with those wins since Kidd was fired or retreat after they are subjected to critical eye of a new coach? Right now they are playing as if they are having fun and playing with freedom. And finally perhaps the best chance for the Pistons might be how Washington will do now with Wall out for a substantial part of the remaining season. The Pistons will need to up their effort and skill on both defense and offense. Hopefully the month of February will be kind to the Pistons.

Opps sorry BallinD you were the person who had the same thought with close to the same timing relating to Bullock and his impact and potential. How many other players like Bullock are out there waiting for their chance while other players who have not really earned their minutes continue to be given a free pass? A good front office must must not sit on their asses. They must constantly be looking for that gem hiding in the cracks. And the head coach must be open minded and be able to teach and instill confidence in the players that come in with a small price tag. There must be better point guards out there somewhere who have the ability to defend and will share the basketball and know the tendencies of their teammates. I still say the Pistons need better assistant coaches especially improved coaching involving Piston point guards.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty WAITING ON THE NEXT MOVE

Post  WTF Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:30 am

@Don, that Inside NBA moment had me both mad and laughing at the same time I was mad because this rebranding **** has lost touch with tradition but I was laughing that neither Zeke and C Webb seem surprised by the slight and I don't think Zeke really cared.  

@Sparma, I heard a few times on a few media pieces that Love was a possibility but I thought we would get him in some form of a three-way deal. I guess that's why I asked if Blake could be move again before the deadline.   Love would seem to be more of what fit for SVG and Blake seem to have been a better fit for the Cavs.   I also agree and think this was not a SVG/Bower move 

@Oracle,  You really hoping for that 8th seed spot  lol  Man I don't want any Kool aid give my share to lemon lol

@Ballin,  numbers don't always represent fit
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:24 am

BallinD wrote:I know a lot of you Piston Pals for some strange reason do not like Bullock, but well hell, he is a victim of low usage and a hidden gem for us. Hear me out!

Consider this: In the 14 games this season that he has played at least 30 minutes he is averaging 15.1 points on 45.1% from 3, on .643 TS, .640 EFG TS is true shooting percentage.  His PER is 13.6.  

Bullock's usage is only 13.0, lower than all our rotation players except Moreland.

His season average of 8.6 pts is based on an average of 24.2 minutes.  He is unappreciated and the narrative goes that we now need shooting to surround Blake and Drums.  Huh!?!?  So we should trade for Hood? with a TS% of 53%?!?!

By comparison:

Robert Covington, of Philly, 27, just signed a $64M extension.  His True Shooting % is 58. his PER is 12.80, and he avgs 13.3 pts.

KCP, who is expected to get a 20M/yr payday, has a PER of 12.82 and averages 13.4 pts on 33 minutes.

Jus Sayin facepalm

Wow Oracle I had just been looking up Reggie Bullock's Piston contract saying to myself how well Bullock has transformed himself to a solid 2 way player and I log on to the forum and find your post. I agree Reggie is looking really good. I love how he gets down in his stance and spreads his legs on defense. He is fast as hell and is not a guy who takes plays off. His contract runs for two seasons for a total of $5Mil.

While I hate the fact that the Pistons will not be involved in next summers draft knowing that there will be some good players available in the 2nd round, perhaps the other two players that come with Griffin might end up helping our Pistons in time. This deal is done so I am going to hope for the best. The idea that Blake can perhaps provide more stability as one of the team leaders could help the team form more consistency with effort and preparation from game to game. There are some good teams in the East that are ahead of the Pistons now relating to making the playoffs. It seems that Indiana is for real. Will the Bucks crash and burn and come back to reality after their sudden rise with those wins since Kidd was fired or retreat after they are subjected to critical eye of a new coach? Right now they are playing as if they are having fun and playing with freedom. And finally perhaps the best chance for the Pistons might be how Washington will do now with Wall out for a substantial part of the remaining season. The Pistons will need to up their effort and skill on both defense and offense. Hopefully the month of February will be kind to the Pistons.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Info emerging concerning trade

Post  Sparma Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:05 am

Speculative, no doubt, but interesting. SI ran a good story about background, and other possibilities being pursued including: "If the Pistons failed to close on Griffin, Detroit was prepared to turn its attention to Kevin Love."

Also, eg, that trade talked centered on Griffin for Harris & Bradley had been going on for a couple of weeks, that at the outset Jerry West wasn't thought to be in on it, and that Doc Rivers didn't learn about it until close to the completion of the deal.

NYTimes getting in on the action too, reporting that some feel Arne Tellum is in wings as the top Piston executive, and that the trade may have been made in part to forestall that from happening.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Wow We Have our SG Right Under Our Nose

Post  BallinD Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:43 pm

I know a lot of you Piston Pals for some strange reason do not like Bullock, but well hell, he is a victim of low usage and a hidden gem for us. Hear me out!

By comparison:

Jus Sayin facepalm
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Loyalty or lack of it with the modern NBA

Post  cool breeze Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:15 pm

How many of you watched "Inside the NBA" last night? There was a good discussion led by Chris Webber. Baron Davis made a good point. The owners today and some of the young GMs around the league have no memory of the heroics of past NBA stars and what those players meant to their fans and the City. Thinking of the Bad Boys in particular they created as much excitement as the Lions with Bobby Lane and and the Fearsome Foursome did in their day. The stories of the old Tiger and Red Wing teams are passed down from generation to generation to Detroit sports fans. But somehow as Chris Webber pointed out when the new Piston arena opened for business for the first regular season game, somehow Zeke's team was not made a part of the hoopla. I didn't even know that because I was not able to attend the game. Maybe Lemonpen who I know bought some tickets did attend that game. I wonder what fans were thinking. Where are the Bad Boys? They were always celebrated at the Palace year after year. This discussion was interesting to hear from the prospective of professional athletes. Blake Griffin was given a new contract with the Clippers and told he was a Clipper for life just last summer. It seems some of the retired athletes feel that loyalty is a thing of the past relating to both the players and the owners. Players are just a piece of hardware who might work for their team for a max of 4 or 5 years. On the other hand, maybe some players have helped create this thing when referencing what Labron did when he decided to move to Miami and left his home State in ruins. Many others have done it as well. People who pay taxes are left holding the bag in the end. Owners sucker the community where the team resides and gets them to fund a new arena saying how much money will be brought in to their city and what a great financial decision it will be to build that arena. But the owner then makes a trade involving one or two of the fans favorite players. What then? Those fans will say screw you Mr. Owner and stop having any interest in the team they paid money to build that arena. The owner doesn't suffer. It is all a business for the owner. They can sell their team at any time they wish and usually make a nice profit. I believe that it is time for people to wise up. The owners of all professional sports teams are usually billionaires. If they want a new arena for their team then they should figure out a way to finance it without asking middle class citizens to fork over any money for it. There is a sucker born every minute. There was no good reason for the Pistons to move from the Palace other than those few businessmen who profited from building it. But the Piston's owner has thrown the citizens of Detroit a bone by making a trade for Blake Griffin. Or did the Piston's owner worry if he didn't bring in a big name player the new arena might end up completely empty? Meanwhile, Blake Griffin was in shock after he was told about the trade knowing that the Clippers owner made a big deal about him being their player for life. Funny stuff if you aren't a fan.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Good news for the Pistons tonight!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:09 pm

1. NY, the team immediately below us loses
2. The Heat, a team we could be chasing lost to the Cavs
3. Philly, the big one, sitting in 8th right now, loses to Dinwiddie and the Nets

All of which helps with our playoff push!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Yes This Is Sad News

Post  WTF Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:48 pm

Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 31 Untitl14

Too young
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Sad News...

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:58 pm

FORUM - Page 31 Untitl14
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:22 pm

BallinD wrote:Watching the game, on several occasions I stared at the screen and said to myself: Who is that guy?"

SJ like a blur, seemed quicker, stronger, more decisive and the kind of player who stands out on the little screen as you watch a blur of motion and power.  He played free.  Getting on the boards like he lives there.  Taking it to the rack. playing point forward coast to coast and snatching steals.  

His shot may sloooooooowly come along to match his machismo.  In the meantime, if he plays with will and force and stays in the paint This Team Will Be Scary.  Seriously!

Next 8 games are winnable at home, we can go off on a streak.  Do they want it?  Will SVG stay out of their way?  Will they simply play and not defer to Blake?  it seemed they played free the last game and SVG let them run and cut and gun, but that was primarily due to the defense setting the tone and allowing them to get out in transition.  Can he ignore his "inner Master of Panic." door

Will he avoid the inclination to trade SJ?

Ballin Thanks for those comments regarding Stanley Johnson. This was the Johnson that I have known since he was a high school player and when his Mom was alive when Stanley was in college. Johnson's strength as always been his powerful first step and his ability to change direction during his drives. The coaching staff placed emphasis in changing his jump shot release so he concentrated too much on that part of his game. I still do not like his release and wish he would go back to releasing the way his Mom (a professional basketball player) taught him. Whoever the assistant coach was who got him to place the non shooting hand on the ball too long is an idiot. But you could see his confidence growing in this game as he felt part of the offense for the first time since he was drafted. All he needs is for the coach to tell him that he has full faith in his ability to become a star player. He needed was for the coaching staff to believe in him and allow him to be part of the offense. Last night Smith did not interfere until the mid part of the 4th quarter. He still made mistakes in this game but his penetration really opened things up for all of his teammates. SVG would be a fool to trade Johnson for Hood or anyone just yet unless it is for a top tier point guard or a chance for the Pistons to get the one of the top 3 picks in the next draft. Johnson gives great defense, quick recognition skills on offense relating to finding the open teammates and he can run the court fast and penetrate with power. The announcers were saying that he should be playing more like Grant Hill. Well Hills' coach trusted Grant and did not attempt to screw with his confidence and made him a big part of the offense from day one. Johnson playing point forward at times is what this team really needs instead of a ball dominate point guard who cannot defend. In this game at least the head coach did not monitor Johnson's every movement and jerk him to the bench early in the first quarter when his shots were not falling. Great game SJ!

It was good to see both Buycks and Ellenson get some meaningful minutes. Buycks made some good plays and is back looking like that player who was so effective earlier.

Henry shows me that he has a high caliber motor always moving and he is quick for a big guy.Let him share the back up center minutes with Moreland. Ellenson missed two wide open shots but there is no doubt that if he gets regular minutes Henry's timing will develop and he will be the player most of us believe he can be. This coach has to be more patient and instill confidence his his young guys. But in this game, I have no complaints with SVG. He did a good job coaching the team.

One comment on Ish Smith. I thought he played well in this game and did not dominate much at all for the first 3 quarters. But then he turned on this crazy switch in his head and became that guy that drives coaches insane. He made some good plays including that steal on the wing with under 5 minutes to play. But slowly after the 5 minute mark, Smith started to dominate the ball again. He seems to lack common sense at times not knowing the score or the time left in the game or the shot clock. With 4 minutes left in the game Labron missed a 3 point shot. AD got the rebound and passed the ball to Smith. The Pistons did not have an advantage because Cleveland had 4 players back with 3 players defending inside the paint. Smith flew up court anyway beating all of his teammates. Drummond ran fast trying to catch up and get position in the paint. But Smith seemed to be in another world and drove into a trap on the left low post area and made the critical mistake of picking up his dribble. Fry and Thomas smothered Smith with 17 seconds left in the Pistons shot clock. Smith attempted to shoot over Fry which was his only option and had no chance. the result was a stupid turnover that made no sense at all because Detroit had a lead with the score 113 to 104. Everyone makes mistakes but that one by a veteran player should make any coach lose sleep because how can you trust him in crunch time? Some players just cannot adjust the way they play. Point guards are supposed to be the smartest players on their team. They are the quarterback of the team. After seeing that play how could any coach trust a player who does that when playing one of the too teams in the league? Those mistakes can change the momentum and cost your team who had given a great effort while trying to break out of a long losing streak. If there has to be trade rumors involving the Pistons, there is no doubt that any trade should be centered on changing the Piston point guards and get somebody who has a clear head with critical thinking skills in big moments. Why is it that this head coach ignores basic bad tendencies his point guards seem to always show from game to game? In this game at least Smith had a better chance of defending his man going up against Thomas. But it is silly to place Smith up against starting caliber taller and stronger NBA point guards or back up point guards with size. Why bring in Griffin if you have the worst point guards in the league? I would play Johnson at point forward at times and use Kennard at the point as well as Buycks and Galloway. Smith is not all bad of course. he plays really hard but it is a big gamble to play in in the 4th quarter unless the Pistons are sluggish and nothing else is working. Not pulling Smith after making that turnover was my only complaint relating to SVG's coaching in this game but the question still remains as to why SVG picks on players players who play other position and continues to ignore the bonehead plays by his point guards. I include Reggie Jackson as well. I have no faith that Reggie will be the Pistons savior when he returns. He will need a month of playing time to get in game shape and he has never been able to defend starting caliber point guards in his life. SVG you still have a big hole that you continue to ignore.

Great effort by AD.

Bullock made some timely shots and played some good defense in the 2nd half.

Tolliver is now doing it all. He has developed into a complete player. Some of his cuts to the basket especially when Kennard had the ball and got him the ball was beautiful. Some players will just stand when they see a teammate get doubled. Not Tolliver. He is shooting from distance, driving to the basket, passing the ball well and playing great defense.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty 32 Games Remain

Post  WTF Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:47 pm

The Pistons do have an easy stretch of winnable games to start the month of February so I see no reason why they shouldn't run off a string of wins.  It should be an easy month as a whole but be worn any lose is a nail in the coffin (Its Do or Die Time).  They need to play well above .500 ball finishing 16-16 in these next 32 games won't get them in the playoffs.

Miami, Boston, Toronto, and Milwaukee are all must win games especially the Miami and Milwaukee games. Portland and LA will also be huge must win games but everyone of these games are winnable if they really want it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty Who Was That Guy?

Post  BallinD Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:50 pm

Watching the game, on several occasions I stared at the screen and said to myself: Who is that guy?"

SJ like a blur, seemed quicker, stronger, more decisive and the kind of player who stands out on the little screen as you watch a blur of motion and power.  He played free. Getting on the boards like he lives there.  Taking it to the rack. playing point forward coast to coast and snatching steals.  

His shot may sloooooooowly come along to match his machismo.  In the meantime, if he plays with will and force and stays in the paint This Team Will Be Scary.  Seriously!

Next 8 games are winnable at home, we can go off on a streak.  Do they want it?  Will SVG stay out of their way?  Will they simply play and not defer to Blake?  it seemed they played free the last game and SVG let them run and cut and gun, but that was primarily due to the defense setting the tone and allowing them to get out in transition.  Can he ignore his "inner Master of Panic." door

Will he avoid the inclination to trade SJ?
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 31 Empty That was hardly fear & Stuff

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:43 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WTF wrote:It was the Fear Factor  that was in play last night "That My Ass Might Be Next"  it happens almost after every big trade or even small trade.  There was likely no surprise about Bradley being moved so the shock was likely seeing Harris included in the deal.  Not sure if it was a wake up call for SJ or not won't know for certain until the deadline is passed.   Could be the trade rumors that motivated his play.  

Nonetheless great game by SJ last night so hopefully he can keep it up.

That's exactly what my wife said.  They were scared ****less.
I've watched a LOT of basketball, and that was the EXACT opposite of fear. Ballin pegged it, they were playing free!

Fear is counter productive and as a reason would make them ignorant of the NBA.

Playing great would raise their stock and increase their chances of getting moved... the logic for fear isn't working.

@Murph & @Wise: That was my reaction, Stanley is finally finding his way and I hesitate giving up on a 3rd year player, especially one we drafted. I wouldn't move Ellenson either, I think our shooting woes were more a product of not having enough threats, but mostly taking too many 3's to keep the coach happy.

If you watched the Kenny Smith interview about the trade, he says way too many teams try to play like Golden State & Houston when they don't have the talent. I agree, you can beat teams the old fashion way and sprinkle in some 3 point shooting, but it doesn't have to be your go to shot!

@Wise on Drummond: It doesn't matter how he got there, if he wasn't good he wouldn't even have been on the short list to replace an injured player. Short answer, I'll take it any way I can get it Smile 

BTW, I'll keep your kool-aid fresh and ready for you when you're ready to have a sip... I expected no less from my long time Cynic Brother  lol lol lol (some may not get that reference)

Hood: I think we should stand down on trying to get him(our chances aren't good anyway) and use any energy/money/trade we have looking for another PG, preferably young and upcoming.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next