FORUM

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You should be!!!

Post  Oracle Today at 12:22 am

This pic says it all,  IMO.



WTF wrote: If and I mean if.......

If he's being Blacklisted, Blackballed or Blackinated because they didn't like his stance then the crap is wrong.  It would be almost easy for many Black Americans to fill as this man does and act the way he does they just choose not to.  But don't get it twisted in the back of their minds they're likely feeling the same **** he's feeling.  

I served in the Navy and was subjected to being called a boy until I whipped someone ass and got sent home for not apologizing to the racist that insisted on calling be boy.  When you add things up I got sent home for being black at the end of the day while it was perfectly okay that I was referred to as boy.

Many Black men have some form of story like this to tell, yeah this is my country and I accepted it and love it in all it's ugliness me whipping that LT ass is no different than the stance Colin is taken.  Honestly the same thinking that has him blacklisted is the same dumb as thinking we have a race hating ass in the white house.  

If he never plays another NFL game and I don't think he really care but collectively black people should be mad at this.   But it's no point unless other black players stand with him and fans in protest. That's not going to happen either so the games go on but these owners and the league should always be reminded of this BS.  

I can go on but I won't
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Okay I'm getting ticked with this Colin Kaepernick crap.

Post  WTF Yesterday at 11:09 pm

If and I mean if.......

If he's being Blacklisted, Blackballed or Blackinated because they didn't like his stance then the crap is wrong. It would be almost easy for many Black Americans to fill as this man does and act the way he does they just choose not to. But don't get it twisted in the back of their minds they're likely feeling the same **** he's feeling.

I served in the Navy and was subjected to being called a boy until I whipped someone ass and got sent home for not apologizing to the racist that insisted on calling be boy. When you add things up I got sent home for being black at the end of the day while it was perfectly okay that I was referred to as boy.

Many Black men have some form of story like this to tell, yeah this is my country and I accepted it and love it in all it's ugliness me whipping that LT ass is no different than the stance Colin is taken. Honestly the same thinking that has him blacklisted is the same dumb as thinking we have a race hating ass in the white house.

If he never plays another NFL game and I don't think he really care but collectively black people should be mad at this. But it's no point unless other black players stand with him and fans in protest. That's not going to happen either so the games go on but these owners and the league should always be reminded of this BS.

I can go on but I won't
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3988
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuckey

Post  WTF Yesterday at 5:19 pm

Man hate to see Stuckey waived and hate that his career been one full of injuries. Even more I hate how we misused him when he was here. Stuckey should be in the glory part of his career.

He seem smart so he should be okay money wise and live decently if he never plays again.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3988
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LMAO!

Post  WTF Yesterday at 5:15 pm

Oracle wrote:Wise, Don whines just like Trump, always playing the victim!

I never said a cross word to Don when he posted this vitriol.

Don wrote:Sorry Oracle you have no clue what in hell you are talking about relating to what impact a coach has in the NBA. I am friends with several former NBA coaches both assistant and head coaches. That is what they tell me Oracle.


I didn't even come back at him,

The truth of the matter is that he gets upset if anybody asks him to simply back up what he's talking about... seriously?

Don, yes I compared you to Trump, but not globally, very specifically(you never pay enough attention to get things right)

You sound like Trump when he says, "People are telling me", or "I'm hearing"

Because just like you, it's never backed up and likely lies.

Actually I'm shocked you like Trump since he's an America Hater by your definition. When I said the exact same things Trump says about America, you called me an America hater.

America hater, only children talk in those terms, but I left you with your 50's attitudes and beliefs, I don't really care what you think, except about basketball.

But this is yet again another first because you've never before refused to say where you got something from, and this is a silly little thing that no normal person would ever attempt to hide.

Oh well, I accept your position and I'm moving on... no hard feelings!

True Oracle but like Trump he'll didn't write that, Obama did before left the forum. lol lol lol
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3988
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Single Mom Banned at Dad-Daughter Dance

Post  Oracle Yesterday at 4:45 pm

Now this is just plain NASTY lol lol lol

Single Mom dressed as a man??? Wow!!!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/single-mom-banned-at-dad-daughter-dance/ar-BBz1Ap4?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp wrote:A single mother in Georgia was banned from her daughter’s father-daughter dance after she attempted to go dressed like a man, ABC News reports.

avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Might have been an offensive foul, but...

Post  Oracle Yesterday at 4:39 pm

It certainly was embarrassing for Morris lol lol lol

avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don on Drummond...

Post  Oracle Yesterday at 4:31 pm

Don wrote:You made me laugh after watching Drummond fail to box out while positioning himself too far under the basket. Every player made a lot of mistakes but after watching those old film clips of Ben Wallace playing defense and then witnessing Andre stand flat footed at the biggest moment of the game, we can only blame Stan Van Gundy for playing him instead of Baynes in crunch time.

What can I say, you're 100% right, Drummond was positioned very poorly, and IMO, doesn't use that big body to dominate guys like Whiteside.

If Drummond uses his butt and wants position, he's going to get it 90% of the time, but in a game like this, you may have noticed that I didn't jump on any of them.

I didn't jump on the one guy that damn near appeared to be playing for the other team... Stanley Johnson! He made a bunch of dumb turnovers that destroyed the good work of KCP & Ish, effectively losing the game for us.

But sh!t happens in games like that, and you better believe Stanley learned something, hell, he's only a 2nd year player, and 2 players make mistakes.

They all fought like they really wanted this game and that's good enough for me, as long as they don't do this again this season lol

I wouldn't have put Baines in there, I would have put Boban in there because Whiteside is much taller than both him and Drummond, and it's the rim you need to protect.

For the most part, SVG did alright, he made mistakes too, but this was a great game to watch and I think everybody did well.
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Yesterday at 10:00 am

WTF wrote:Don suck it up we all jest there's not a day that goes by that you don't question the intellegence of half the posters here myself included. You kinda set yourself up with all the hearsay, grapevine, 3rd party quoting from unknown sources. If I'm buying the information and reselling it I wouldn't have an issue with saying where it's coming from.

Hell just say my friend Rick told me, we don't know who the hell Rick s but it at least has a name attached. Look Oracle is Oracle been the same Oracle for as long as I remember. In fact he's mellow over the years stop running away when he calls you idiots or whatever because you do it far more than he does. Example: "Wise you must not watch basketball" it's really not different than saying "Wise you're dumb ass"

Sometimes we say stuff sometime we don't like when you said Trump was smart I instinctively called you a dumbass in my head Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy. Point we all have opinions, I don't know about anyone else here but I don't get a dime for mine when I give it sometime you guys like it, sometimes you don't.

Plus it could always be worse you could be getting tag teamed if his partner in insults were here posting with him (Tha Show) I miss that man even if his dumb ass didn't how to spell The. My point is don't run off because you can't stand the stink in the kitchen Oraclee just cooking Shittlings. But you seem to forget you cook them as well still it's not a contest, We all played sports I assumed on some level, I've played three and was good enough at one of them to be offered a scholarship. I know people in sports coaches, players, trainer, refs, sports writers, hell I know boxers, football players, baseball, basketball, hockey players **** I know lwayers, policeman, politicians, doctors. Hell I screwed cheerleaders and they're about the only ones I hold confidential information on. I just don't name drop or pass info forward like it means something you do that quite a bit.

We debate a lot here it the players, no it the coach, no its the owner, no it the league, there is never one single cause. But I agree that for the most part it is the players. I know as an athlete myself it was never anyone's fault but my own if I missed a FT, If I missed a tackle, if I struck out or botch a easy grounder. That's on a player not a coach.

If the players on our team was half as we are posting and debating they might be a top seed. SVG gets blamed because he selected these turds with no heart and drive to be better than their counter-parts. He can't make them into better player this have to want it for themselve.

KCP, never said he wasn't flawed but he's the most sensible piece to build around, I wouldn't give 20 million in the role he's in now, but I would if I'm cutting ties with Andre and Reggie.

WTF thanks for your comments. You made me laugh after watching Drummond fail to box out while positioning himself too far under the basket. Every player made a lot of mistakes but after watching those old film clips of Ben Wallace playing defense and then witnessing Andre stand flat footed at the biggest moment of the game, we can only blame Stan Van Gundy for playing him instead of Baynes in crunch time. I cannot believe that any team in the NBA would allow Andre Drummond on their team unless Detroit eats at least $10 mil a season for the rest of Andre's contract. The Pistons are stuck in the mud with Drummond. Imagine what would have happened if Ben Wallace had been in that game in his prime. Detroit would have won by 20 points or more. Notice in the post game interview with the press Andre Drummond was not mentioned. Stan said a few things about how he could have made better decisions putting Beno in for Johnson but never said anything about Andre Drummond's failure to box out. This fundamental error committed by our over weight 20 million dollar a year man who just will not box out his man under the basket is a much bigger story than what happened to Reggie Jackson. If Josh Smith had to go regardless of his contract then what about Andre Drummond? I loved Ben Wallace's comments after half time when he said this Piston team "looks too relaxed" which was intended to mean the players and especially the current starting center were not providing much effort on defense during that time period. The bench guys did turn up the juice on defense and even though they struggled to make shots, turned things around. Drummond should never have been allowed to return to the game. That was Van Gundy's biggest mistake and he knows it. Still this game was the first one in a long time that was fun to watch. The Miami coach has sure done a great job bringing in players who have good basketball brains.

cool breeze

Posts : 2378
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don...

Post  Oracle Yesterday at 6:33 am

Wise, Don whines just like Trump, always playing the victim!

I never said a cross word to Don when he posted this vitriol.

Don wrote:Sorry Oracle you have no clue what in hell you are talking about relating to what impact a coach has in the NBA. I am friends with several former NBA coaches both assistant and head coaches. That is what they tell me Oracle.

I didn't even come back at him,

The truth of the matter is that he gets upset if anybody asks him to simply back up what he's talking about... seriously?

Don, yes I compared you to Trump, but not globally, very specifically(you never pay enough attention to get things right)

You sound like Trump when he says, "People are telling me", or "I'm hearing"

Because just like you, it's never backed up and likely lies.

Actually I'm shocked you like Trump since he's an America Hater by your definition. When I said the exact same things Trump says about America, you called me an America hater.

America hater, only children talk in those terms, but I left you with your 50's attitudes and beliefs, I don't really care what you think, except about basketball.

But this is yet again another first because you've never before refused to say where you got something from, and this is a silly little thing that no normal person would ever attempt to hide.

Oh well, I accept your position and I'm moving on... no hard feelings!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Yup, one more time...

Post  Oracle Yesterday at 6:18 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Great Win by the Detroit Pistons tonight vs the Miami Heat.

Yes I said win because every L is A win from here on out. This team needs A bit of A make over. The playoffs will not do any good for these guys.


Let's treat the NBA draft like our playoffs and draft some kids who will come in and get some s.h.i.t done.


GO PISTONS!!!
I watched the game and for the life of me I can't root for them to lose in the heat of battle, but in hindsight, that loss likely signals the time to put Ellenson in for significant minutes and give Stanley the green light to be himself so we can see what he's got.

The party is officially over, bring on the offseason trades and the draft!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Pistons back to the NBA Lottery

Post  Phil1980boy Yesterday at 12:25 am

Great Win by the Detroit Pistons tonight vs the Miami Heat.

Yes I said win because every L is A win from here on out. This team needs A bit of A make over. The playoffs will not do any good for these guys.


Let's treat the NBA draft like our playoffs and draft some kids who will come in and get some s.h.i.t done.


GO PISTONS!!!
avatar
Phil1980boy

Posts : 795
Join date : 2012-01-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

@Cool

Post  WTF Yesterday at 12:06 am

Don suck it up we all jest there's not a day that goes by that you don't question the intellegence of half the posters here myself included. You kinda set yourself up with all the hearsay, grapevine, 3rd party quoting from unknown sources. If I'm buying the information and reselling it I wouldn't have an issue with saying where it's coming from.

Hell just say my friend Rick told me, we don't know who the hell Rick s but it at least has a name attached. Look Oracle is Oracle been the same Oracle for as long as I remember. In fact he's mellow over the years stop running away when he calls you idiots or whatever because you do it far more than he does. Example: "Wise you must not watch basketball" it's really not different than saying "Wise you're dumb ass"

Sometimes we say stuff sometime we don't like when you said Trump was smart I instinctively called you a dumbass in my head Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy. Point we all have opinions, I don't know about anyone else here but I don't get a dime for mine when I give it sometime you guys like it, sometimes you don't.

Plus it could always be worse you could be getting tag teamed if his partner in insults were here posting with him (Tha Show) I miss that man even if his dumb ass didn't how to spell The. My point is don't run off because you can't stand the stink in the kitchen Oraclee just cooking Shittlings. But you seem to forget you cook them as well still it's not a contest, We all played sports I assumed on some level, I've played three and was good enough at one of them to be offered a scholarship. I know people in sports coaches, players, trainer, refs, sports writers, hell I know boxers, football players, baseball, basketball, hockey players **** I know lwayers, policeman, politicians, doctors. Hell I screwed cheerleaders and they're about the only ones I hold confidential information on. I just don't name drop or pass info forward like it means something you do that quite a bit.

We debate a lot here it the players, no it the coach, no its the owner, no it the league, there is never one single cause. But I agree that for the most part it is the players. I know as an athlete myself it was never anyone's fault but my own if I missed a FT, If I missed a tackle, if I struck out or botch a easy grounder. That's on a player not a coach.

If the players on our team was half as we are posting and debating they might be a top seed. SVG gets blamed because he selected these turds with no heart and drive to be better than their counter-parts. He can't make them into better player this have to want it for themselve.

KCP, never said he wasn't flawed but he's the most sensible piece to build around, I wouldn't give 20 million in the role he's in now, but I would if I'm cutting ties with Andre and Reggie.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3988
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:14 pm

Oracle wrote:@Wise - I really enjoyed your post, it brought back some good memories and told some hard truths.

BTW, Flip was a great coach with one flaw that wasn't his fault... he followed Larry Brown! Flip was never able to fully control a group of players that felt that they were superior because they had been where Flip only dreamed of, and in their minds, he was no Larry Brown. His timing was off and it cost us another 'ship when they didn't listen.

But what Flip & Carlisle had in common was that they both looked at the talent they had and adapted their style of play to suit the talent. It doesn't mean Flip or Carlisle threw out their play books, they just modified them a bit... That's what smart coaches do.

SVG is more like LB with one critical difference. Both knew EXACTLY what offense and defense they wanted to use, but LB, as you stated would sit your ass if you didn't fit and trade you later, he never tried to make someone fit if they didn't. If Chauncey didn't change, his ass would have been gone, but LB saw he could develop Chauncey.

@Don - This conversation must seem foreign to you and your coalition of hidden coaches because you guys believe that players determine everything Smile

Don wrote:Posters would just ridicule my friends instead of me. If any of my friends told me something that i thought would be good to share I wouldnt ever tell anyone who that person is so something could hurt them in some way. Is that what you have done throughout your lives? If so I doubt that you have any trusted friends.

 I can't believe that you could type that mess with a straight face.

Are you saying you don't believe that what your friends said is right?? People that know what they're talking about have no fear of ridicule, least of all a seasoned coach.

So you want us to believe that these guys told you this innocuous stuff and asked you to keep it a secret? Come on Don, even you don't believe that.

You sound like Trump when he says, "People are telling me", or "I'm hearing" when you say,

Don wrote:That is what they tell me Oracle.



I can only wish that I was a smart of a man as Donald Trump. That guy has an IQ off the charts and has an incredible work ethic. Entering the buzz saw world of politics by a man who has it all is puzzling though. Why go through that torture? The personal attacks by people relating to politics has been going on since the days of Alexander Hamilton and Arron Burr. It was Hamilton who owned the only publishing company so he could make up anything he wanted to and people sucked then just as they do now. That is why I love investigating the de classified FBI and CIA reports as to what really went on and who actually did run our country during WW2. The people thought they knew it all then as well but didn't know squat as it turns out. I admit that I don't know the truth about anything that really goes on in Washington. Read 'The Brothers" which is a book about the Dullas brothers with one being a Sec of State and the other the first CIA director. Bringing up the Trump word as "BAD" shows me you are really serious about your attack on me. You really hurt me this time Oracle. The problem is I don't think he is an evil man or a bad man or a mis guided man. He is just a man who is trying hard to do what he thinks is best for the country just like I believe Obama tried to do when he was on the hot seat. Back to the issue you have decided to make about me not revealing names of my personal friends. You cannot accept the idea that what a friend tells me in confidence about a general subject is ok to pass on but it is not ok to tell you the name of that person. You sound a lot like the press Oracle. You demand to know. I don't know you personally at so what in hell would make you think I would tell you the name of my friends? Did you want their addresses as well? I am just passing on information that most people already know or at least I thought they knew or maybe I wouldn't have mentioned the fact that the NBA is a players league.

You of course know Larry Brown is the king of coaching although my wife caught him sleeping on the bench during a Pistons-Suns game. I saw him sleeping too Oracle. But he was on pain meds so I understand why he was sleeping. But how do you know all about how Brown tore down Billups and made him into the player who won that MVP award? Was it Larry Brown who won the NBA Championship or the Piston players under the leadership of Billups and Hamilton? Did the Pistons win two championships under the leadership of Zeke and his teammates or Chuck D.? Chuck brought the team a bright light for sure. He was a fun type of coach who let his players figure out the details of playing the style they wanted to play. He was a psychologist as Zeke identified as his best coaching quality. I thought the 3rd championship was won despite the coaching of Larry Brown who blew the 5th game of that home game against the Nets because he had a beef with Memo starting in training camp. Brown brought a downer type of mood to practice and was more interested in talking to the press than watching what was happening in practice. Remember Billups comment after the game which was directed towards the horrible coaching of Larry Brown? It was something to the effect that he didn't have anyone to pass the ball to inside during the overtime after he had hit a 3 point shot at the buzzer from half court to tie the game in regulation. During Billups first season under Brown's watch, he kept on shooting those long 3 point shots during crunch time while Larry Brown was screaming at him. Chauncey made most of those shots and always made his clutch free throws even with his coach on his ass. Billups was kicking ass and taking names as a backup while playing his last season for the Timberwolves before he arrived in Piston land. To his credit, Billups figured it out before he arrived in Detroit. He was ready to lead a team and knew how to do it. We have had this argument before and you and others can have your opinion as well. For what it is worth I think Larry Brown was a really smart point guard in his day and a great coach in college and the NBA but he was not when he worked in Detroit. He was a distraction but the team won it all anyway. The Pistons did lose a good big man in Memo because of Larry Brown who after the 2nd week of working for the Pistons wanted to move back to the East Coast and tried hard to get fired by Bill Davidson so he could go home and keep all that money on his contract. Do I believe that coaching is important even in the NBA? Yes if management can get the right players to begin with. I sure wish we had Boston's head coach and their GM. Danny Ainge is a tireless worker. The coach is a guy who makes players everywhere he goes a lot better. Would Boston's coach play Van Gundy's style most likely there is no way he would. But I have my doubts that any coach could make Stan Van Gundy's selected starters into winner regardless of what style he decided was the best for them. SVG tried to keep things simple because some of the top 6 or 7 players are not good decision makers or lack the skill set to play 5 on 5 basketball. And then when it comes to playing defense, being that the NBA has the 3 second rule in place, weak defenders become exposed by some real studs who do exist in the NBA. They go on the hunt to exploit players like Stan Van Gundy has chosen. It happened last night in New York with Ish Smith being eaten alive by a smart former All Star who has bed knees.

All of our emotions are high as nobody is happy about what has happened during this long season. One of the posters suggested that the team should be scrapped or perhaps build the team around Pope. Pope has his issues like the other players. Should the Pistons now pay him $20 million a year and hope for the best? Pope needs to develop a mid range game and become a better ball handler and finisher at the rim. And he must stop gambling on defense. All the players have issues but the real issue is that this group does not play well together. So something will have to happen. It is clear that it was a big mistake to build the team around Andre Drummond who still has a lot to learn if he wants to become a solid player. It is a mystery to me as to how he has not learned anything from any coach so far in his career as to the fundamentals. From the recent articles perhaps it will be Van Gundy who will go. I won't be displeased. But the whole thing is sad. This team is not solid. We have no point guard who can run a team the right way and can defend. The team cannot be formed around Andre Drummond either but his salary dictates this might happen moving forward. Good luck to all of You loyal Piston posters. I have enjoyed all of your comments over the years. Now it is time to take a long break as the personal attacks are a bit over the top. I have said some things that I regret so if I have offended anyone, please accept my apology.

cool breeze

Posts : 2378
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

@Oracle

Post  WTF on Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Oracle wrote:@Wise - I really enjoyed your post, it brought back some good memories and told some hard truths.

BTW, Flip was a great coach with one flaw that wasn't his fault... he followed Larry Brown! Flip was never able to fully control a group of players that felt that they were superior because they had been where Flip only dreamed of, and in their minds, he was no Larry Brown. His timing was off and it cost us another 'ship when they didn't listen.

But what Flip & Carlisle had in common was that they both looked at the talent they had and adapted their style of play to suit the talent. It doesn't mean Flip or Carlisle threw out their play books, they just modified them a bit... That's what smart coaches do.

SVG is more like LB with one critical difference. Both knew EXACTLY what offense and defense they wanted to use, but LB, as you stated would sit your ass if you didn't fit and trade you later, he never tried to make someone fit if they didn't. If Chauncey didn't change, his ass would have been gone, but LB saw he could develop Chauncey.

@Don - This conversation must seem foreign to you and your coalition of hidden coaches because you guys believe that players determine everything Smile

Don wrote:Posters would just ridicule my friends instead of me. If any of my friends told me something that i thought would be good to share I wouldnt ever tell anyone who that person is so something could hurt them in some way. Is that what you have done throughout your lives? If so I doubt that you have any trusted friends.

 I can't believe that you could type that mess with a straight face.

Are you saying you don't believe that what your friends said is right?? People that know what they're talking about have no fear of ridicule, least of all a seasoned coach.

So you want us to believe that these guys told you this innocuous stuff and asked you to keep it a secret? Come on Don, even you don't believe that.

You sound like Trump when he says, "People are telling me", or "I'm hearing" when you say,

Don wrote:That is what they tell me Oracle.



Oracle this is why I'm so gunho about blowing the team up completely. How I look at it is that the organization would be smart to pick either 1 on these 3 players (Harris, KCP or Andre) and poperly build around them.

As much as I've been wanting to trade KCP he would be my first option to build around and become the Franchise player. KCP is stuck on stupid like Andre, he has far better upside if used correctly, he is more coachable so whatever flaws he has can be very easily corrected.

Harris could be a player to build around pretty much for the same reasons you would KCP. Harris is already there talent wise but KCP is definitely a better option to build around.

Andre though many will disagree but I would dumb his ass for pennies on the dollar if I could. But if SVG plan is to stick with the ideal of building around this Bozo then he better come up with a plan to get a bona-fide traditional pass first, master floor general at the PG position and a bona-fide (could be starting backup center) I don't know how he'll but he needs to then he need to either scrap his dumb offense or fire himself makes me no difference which he does.

The ideal plan is to keep KCP, keep both Harris and Morris get a freaking PG and a defensive big in the middle. We could use KCP just like Flip, Rick, LB used Rip. SVG dumb ass need to be looking for another CB and Big Ben is what I'm saying he's already has a Rip, Tay and Sheed in Harris, Morris and KCP.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3988
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Don

Post  WTF on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:29 pm

cool breeze wrote:
WTF wrote:I don't know which was/is worse Joe destroying a potential dyansty or SVG total ineptness as both coach and general manager.  AS fans we sit and think of options all day long one could hope that so would a coach and general manager.  

I can't buy into hands being tied, options being limited, resources being short 1. because these are often ready made excuses to stand by and do nothing. 2. Because change often is a some form of admission to failure and resistence to change. Or 3. your're just a chicken **** and afraid.

I think SVG utilized all three of the above things in some shape or form to bring this team to this point, not really to far remove from the Clownville days of Joe revolving coaches, lust for tweeners and forcing SG's in PG's positions.  I stop letting the media suck me in long time ago because they sale this BS of how we need to be excited, receptive and supportive of the teams BS oppose to calling them out on it.

I said the day we signed Reggie it was the wrong move so this isn't hindsight,  I said Andre wasn't Franchise and that wasn't hindsight either, I said KCP was not the right choice when we drafted him and he wasn't. I said a lot of things under both regime changes and lable pessimist.  I just wasn't putting a ton of hope into a lot BS.

For the life off me I don't understand how we can move from what we know works to guessing at what might work.  We've been a tough minded, blue collar, no gimmick, grind it out organization.  When I look at our roster there's only 2 players out of the 15 on it currently that could have played consistent minutes for either Chuck or Larry and I'm not so sure they would have gotten much PT under Rick or Flip.  

I'm not convince that we can't go back to what we traditionally were,  why are we trying to fit in when we were always against the grain?  We would have never heard LB admit fault, he was an ass no doubt but his ducks were all in a row, so he was able to that.  If you didn't fit into what he wanted to do you didn't play, you got traded this dumb crap of forcing players into a system and style of play their not suited is insane.  

As for Chuck, Rick and Flip they utilize their players skills, We screamed at Flip because he would only go 9 deep into his roster and it might have cost us in the ECF but he coached the hell of the team.  Rick was somewhere in between Chuck and LB and  think eventually he could have got us to the finals but he to coached the hell of this team.  Chuck was just a complete Genius in what he did.  

My point in this is that if we don't get back to what has been proven to work for this team we want win another Finals and this **** that's going on today will become the norm for this team.  AS FANS and I'm gonna say ya'll becuase I don't include myself in this lot.  Ya'll need to get off this wait and see crap, lose that false hope of potential (it's okay if you do that for one or two players not the entire roster) and demand ****.

If they were truly committed to making Andre the Franchise Player they would have put nothing but veteran talent around him from jump street.  Over half the players on this team we knew nothing about prior.  Zeke was franchise and the team did everything possible to surround him with talented veteran teammates PERIOD.  We sit here and moan about unaccomplished role players and rookies getting burn facepalm this **** has to stop.

WTF I never could figure out why so many fans blamed and hated Flip Saunders. He has always been a very talented coach. Joe Dumars never would spend the money to get Flip's team a high quality combo guard. Still the teams he coaches played smart and the right way.

@Don, Joe was an asshole because he had a dynasty in hand and screwed it up. You're right Flip was always short a respectable combo guard and a rebounding big man from an NBA Title the 4 seasons he took the team to the ECF. I was never mad at Flip about his short rotation I was always mad at Joe for not getting him what he needed. Flip coached the hell out of those teams even when Joe tossed him turds to bring off the bench. I wasn't mad that Flip didn't trust players like Amir for example becuase though the potential existed he wasn't ready period. When a team is in contention you get players that are ready to help now and not later. Stuckey was his best with Flip and Chauncey
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3988
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuff

Post  Oracle on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:27 pm

@Wise - I really enjoyed your post, it brought back some good memories and told some hard truths.

BTW, Flip was a great coach with one flaw that wasn't his fault... he followed Larry Brown! Flip was never able to fully control a group of players that felt that they were superior because they had been where Flip only dreamed of, and in their minds, he was no Larry Brown. His timing was off and it cost us another 'ship when they didn't listen.

But what Flip & Carlisle had in common was that they both looked at the talent they had and adapted their style of play to suit the talent. It doesn't mean Flip or Carlisle threw out their play books, they just modified them a bit... That's what smart coaches do.

SVG is more like LB with one critical difference. Both knew EXACTLY what offense and defense they wanted to use, but LB, as you stated would sit your ass if you didn't fit and trade you later, he never tried to make someone fit if they didn't. If Chauncey didn't change, his ass would have been gone, but LB saw he could develop Chauncey.

@Don - This conversation must seem foreign to you and your coalition of hidden coaches because you guys believe that players determine everything Smile

Don wrote:Posters would just ridicule my friends instead of me. If any of my friends told me something that i thought would be good to share I wouldnt ever tell anyone who that person is so something could hurt them in some way. Is that what you have done throughout your lives? If so I doubt that you have any trusted friends.

 I can't believe that you could type that mess with a straight face.

Are you saying you don't believe that what your friends said is right?? People that know what they're talking about have no fear of ridicule, least of all a seasoned coach.

So you want us to believe that these guys told you this innocuous stuff and asked you to keep it a secret? Come on Don, even you don't believe that.

You sound like Trump when he says, "People are telling me", or "I'm hearing" when you say,

Don wrote:That is what they tell me Oracle.


avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I Wasn't Gonna but...........

Post  WTF on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Silver is insane on this woman thing. I might be called a sexist and I'm not so sure I'll take it as an insult if I were but just because we can I still think there are things we shouldn't do. We can't keep changing the rules or the norm in fear of offending someone we still need to be respectful of what's been tradition.

I use to love going to strip clubs it was a man thing, we touched asses, dranked beer, grunted you know man ****. Then one day I looked up and a woman was getting the same lap dance I was and that's when I decide I wasn't going any more becuase what was once a man's santurary was that no longer.

I'm not saying a woman can't coach a man team but lets just leave some **** the same. Tolerance is good and we should be that way but being respectful of tradition should be equally inportant as well. I say this all the time we don't have to agree on everything and tolerance and respectfulness is a two-way street.

Silver could have easily said it would never happen and offered a ton of accpetable reasons why it would'nt. We keep removing all the rules and then pick and choose when rules should be applied. I believe both men and women have their places in life in general but we can't keep stepping out of the box or for that matter putting ourselves in this box of being politcal correct in fear of offending someone or feeling like discrimanting against someone.

To me a lot of this is money driven either to gain more or in fear of losing it. I wish we would just stop it because it's why the world as a whole is in the shape it is now. We don't have to be extremely liberal in our thinking all the damn time particularly when addressing gender. The only time we should be extreme is in addressing race and that's in all circumstance and perhaps maybe religion but I haven't really decide on that completely.

I think women themselve should look at what they're doing as well, how much do you want to take from a man. I'm not against equal pay for woman, I'm no against women in combat. Still I think you're doing far too much and right or wrong you been force to be Daddy's, cut the grass, wash the car, take out the trash for numerous reasons. I won't go there. Just stop it.


Silver calm your ass down
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3988
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:36 pm

WTF wrote:I don't know which was/is worse Joe destroying a potential dyansty or SVG total ineptness as both coach and general manager. AS fans we sit and think of options all day long one could hope that so would a coach and general manager.

I can't buy into hands being tied, options being limited, resources being short 1. because these are often ready made excuses to stand by and do nothing. 2. Because change often is a some form of admission to failure and resistence to change. Or 3. your're just a chicken **** and afraid.

I think SVG utilized all three of the above things in some shape or form to bring this team to this point, not really to far remove from the Clownville days of Joe revolving coaches, lust for tweeners and forcing SG's in PG's positions. I stop letting the media suck me in long time ago because they sale this BS of how we need to be excited, receptive and supportive of the teams BS oppose to calling them out on it.

I said the day we signed Reggie it was the wrong move so this isn't hindsight, I said Andre wasn't Franchise and that wasn't hindsight either, I said KCP was not the right choice when we drafted him and he wasn't. I said a lot of things under both regime changes and lable pessimist. I just wasn't putting a ton of hope into a lot BS.

For the life off me I don't understand how we can move from what we know works to guessing at what might work. We've been a tough minded, blue collar, no gimmick, grind it out organization. When I look at our roster there's only 2 players out of the 15 on it currently that could have played consistent minutes for either Chuck or Larry and I'm not so sure they would have gotten much PT under Rick or Flip.

I'm not convince that we can't go back to what we traditionally were, why are we trying to fit in when we were always against the grain? We would have never heard LB admit fault, he was an ass no doubt but his ducks were all in a row, so he was able to that. If you didn't fit into what he wanted to do you didn't play, you got traded this dumb crap of forcing players into a system and style of play their not suited is insane.

As for Chuck, Rick and Flip they utilize their players skills, We screamed at Flip because he would only go 9 deep into his roster and it might have cost us in the ECF but he coached the hell of the team. Rick was somewhere in between Chuck and LB and think eventually he could have got us to the finals but he to coached the hell of this team. Chuck was just a complete Genius in what he did.

My point in this is that if we don't get back to what has been proven to work for this team we want win another Finals and this **** that's going on today will become the norm for this team. AS FANS and I'm gonna say ya'll becuase I don't include myself in this lot. Ya'll need to get off this wait and see crap, lose that false hope of potential (it's okay if you do that for one or two players not the entire roster) and demand ****.

If they were truly committed to making Andre the Franchise Player they would have put nothing but veteran talent around him from jump street. Over half the players on this team we knew nothing about prior. Zeke was franchise and the team did everything possible to surround him with talented veteran teammates PERIOD. We sit here and moan about unaccomplished role players and rookies getting burn facepalm this **** has to stop.

WTF I never could figure out why so many fans blamed and hated Flip Saunders. He has always been a very talented coach. Joe Dumars never would spend the money to get Flip's team a high quality combo guard. Still the teams he coaches played smart and the right way.

cool breeze

Posts : 2378
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why is the NBA surrounded by Idiots in the NBA Front office?

Post  cool breeze on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:29 pm

Adam Silver takes the award for being the most politically correct commissioner in my lifetime as well as the biggest dumb ass. How much ass did he kiss to get that job because his elevation into the commissioners job can't be based on brain power or hard work unless it is ass kissing type of work. What has he done to deserve the job? While Rome is burning meaning the NBA crashing while offering the most inferior basketball product imaginable over the past few years, he is now thinking it is time for some NBA team to step up and hire a female head coach. I have nothing against women holding high positions in the sports world but why bring up this subject when most regular season games are dull and no where near as exciting as college basketball. If there is some brilliant female coach out there who is smarter than a male then go for it. But just to throw that comment out shows me he is an idiot. What he should be concerned with is how NBA teams are playing games in the regular season. Does the NBA schedule too many games so fans get screwed when they buy tickets and show up on the 2nd of back to back games for the one game they will see for the season? How many of those people who get turned off will tell their friends not to buy basketball tickets for any NBA team unless they are a front runner. How do the bottom feeders sell NBA tickets? The problem with the league is that they have expanded the amount of teams to the point that there not enough quality teams out there to hold the interest of the public. Maybe that is why Sparma doesn't even watch the Pistons anymore. Who can blame him? He has stopped watching the Detroit Pistons like most of my friends. I am about to join them if the NBA game doesn't change in a fundamental way. When will the television advertisers wake up? It is only a matter of time before they do and when the television revenue drys up, say good by to the big paydays those of you who are enjoying the high life. Maybe then you will fire Adan Silver. Adam could have said how about discussing putting a hold on allowing players to enter the draft after their 1st season in college? How about reducing the amount of NBA teams and the amount of games being played in the regular season?? How about thinking of ways to make the game more interesting such as eliminating the 3 second rule for teams on defense? So many things need to change to keep the interest of fans as more entertainment competition increases. Will hiring a female head coach increase attendance? Only an idiot would believe that in this day and age. So what will the commissioner give to the owner who bites and submits to the World According To Adam Silver? Will that team get two first round draft picks to comply? Or will all owners get fined until some owner steps up? How about the transgender coaches who have been left out of the NBA? I know the WNBA has some male coaches and it works. Bill Laimbeer commented that he likes the WNBA better as a fan than the NBA. Bill doesn't like the lame style of play of most NBA teams including our Piston team. There is more basic strategy involved in WNBA coaching. If there is some great female coach who wants to take on an NBA team then I have no opposition to that idea. But Adam Silver should be thinking of ways to improve the quality of the actual NBA game and failing to do proves that he is an idiot when it comes to running the show for the NBA.

cool breeze

Posts : 2378
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Today's Rant

Post  WTF on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:12 pm

I don't know which was/is worse Joe destroying a potential dyansty or SVG total ineptness as both coach and general manager. AS fans we sit and think of options all day long one could hope that so would a coach and general manager.

I can't buy into hands being tied, options being limited, resources being short 1. because these are often ready made excuses to stand by and do nothing. 2. Because change often is a some form of admission to failure and resistence to change. Or 3. your're just a chicken **** and afraid.

I think SVG utilized all three of the above things in some shape or form to bring this team to this point, not really to far remove from the Clownville days of Joe revolving coaches, lust for tweeners and forcing SG's in PG's positions. I stop letting the media suck me in long time ago because they sale this BS of how we need to be excited, receptive and supportive of the teams BS oppose to calling them out on it.

I said the day we signed Reggie it was the wrong move so this isn't hindsight, I said Andre wasn't Franchise and that wasn't hindsight either, I said KCP was not the right choice when we drafted him and he wasn't. I said a lot of things under both regime changes and lable pessimist. I just wasn't putting a ton of hope into a lot BS.

For the life off me I don't understand how we can move from what we know works to guessing at what might work. We've been a tough minded, blue collar, no gimmick, grind it out organization. When I look at our roster there's only 2 players out of the 15 on it currently that could have played consistent minutes for either Chuck or Larry and I'm not so sure they would have gotten much PT under Rick or Flip.

I'm not convince that we can't go back to what we traditionally were, why are we trying to fit in when we were always against the grain? We would have never heard LB admit fault, he was an ass no doubt but his ducks were all in a row, so he was able to that. If you didn't fit into what he wanted to do you didn't play, you got traded this dumb crap of forcing players into a system and style of play their not suited is insane.

As for Chuck, Rick and Flip they utilize their players skills, We screamed at Flip because he would only go 9 deep into his roster and it might have cost us in the ECF but he coached the hell of the team. Rick was somewhere in between Chuck and LB and think eventually he could have got us to the finals but he to coached the hell of this team. Chuck was just a complete Genius in what he did.

My point in this is that if we don't get back to what has been proven to work for this team we want win another Finals and this **** that's going on today will become the norm for this team. AS FANS and I'm gonna say ya'll becuase I don't include myself in this lot. Ya'll need to get off this wait and see crap, lose that false hope of potential (it's okay if you do that for one or two players not the entire roster) and demand ****.

If they were truly committed to making Andre the Franchise Player they would have put nothing but veteran talent around him from jump street. Over half the players on this team we knew nothing about prior. Zeke was franchise and the team did everything possible to surround him with talented veteran teammates PERIOD. We sit here and moan about unaccomplished role players and rookies getting burn facepalm this **** has to stop.
avatar
WTF

Posts : 3988
Join date : 2011-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:46 pm

Oracle wrote:
Don wrote:That wouldn't be appropriate because those guys are my friends.


WTF?? Are these guys in the witness protection program?

What's not appropriate? Are they ashamed of their opinions, oh what's the point...

Sparma, what did you mean by reveal his sources? This isn't a news investigation, what would they be hiding... salami  lol


Posters would just ridicule my friends instead of me. If any of my friends told me something that i thought would be good to share I wouldnt ever tell anyone who that person is so something could hurt them in some way. Is that what you have done throughout your lives? If so I doubt that you have any trusted friends. Who does that? If some Piston fans really think that the coaches are responsible for everything and if we only had the right coaches our players would be kicking ass and taking names I could care less. But that is not the truth and most of you know it.

What I feel after this last game where New York's former All Star point guard with bad knees could get into the paint at will and score 50 points if he wanted to against Ish Smith, is pity for our players. I actually feel sorry for those millionaires wearing the Piston uniform because they fought like hell to win that game and came out in the 3rd quarter once again to get blown out. That was our starters too. How humiliating to get blown out so many games in a row especially after plotting strategy at halftime to be stronger this time around. I saw Morris looking like he was crying. He played hard as did all of the players. Nothing was going their way. The real killer was the fact that the starters could not stop anyone in the 3rd quarter and that affected their ability to play offense. Whey you are just a jump shooting team that shoots jump shots from low percentage areas on the floor you have to have supreme confidence. How can you have any confidence after talking it up at halftime telling each other that you are going to dig down and play hard nosed defense and will shut down New York's offense. After easy score after score everyone lost their confidence and the pressure on them was off the charts. The fact is that the starting unit with either Harris or Leuer in it does not really have any real NBA type starters. They are rotation players but not starters.

This leads me to believe that the only reason why Detroit made the playoffs last season was because of Reggie Jackson. As much as I do not like his style of play, it was Reggie who was the super star last year pulling off shot after shot in the paint under heavy pressure during crunch time. Everyone just took a seat on this Piston team and let Reggie pull off miracle after miracle. When Jackson came back a different player after his surgery, no other starter could carry the load of super hero.

All of the players who started tried really hard to be Reggie this year but none of the starters have a complete skill set on offense. Pope's man made a lot of shots last night so nobody in their right mind would give him the reputation of a defensive stopper. That player who consistently beat Pope was an old Van Gundy player. What was Stan thinking? Pope was AWOL again for most of the game on offense as well. He was trying but doesn't have the skill set necessary yet at least to create his own shot. He is not a good ball handler and is not a big threat to penetrate and create under the basket like Reggie could do last year. But again it is difficult to ever develop a skill set if the point guard is allowed to dominate the basketball so much. The players who have started have gotten worse instead of better throughout this season. More playing time for that group was not the answer. They got most of the playing time. The players lack passing skills, high basketball IQ, quickness, and ability to set screens for others and move without the basketball to get open after assessing the opportunities offered by opposing defenses. Basic tactics players need to have before entering the NBA are missing with our starters. In the NBA there are so many games on the schedule very little time can be dedicated to learning fundamentals of playing basketball. If players listen to their friends and prospective agents and do not acquire a skill set and become the key players of their college team, good luck because you are going to need it.

While Tim Duncan loved the classroom and played 4 years in college and arrived in the NBA with a complete skill set on offense and defense, Andre Drummond had a terrible one year as a college player. Did he even go to class much? Andre came in as a dunker and nothing has changed yet. But last night I saw him trying really hard to do the right thing at least. watching him struggle made me sad for him even though he is an extremely rich man. Andre appears to be a good man. He is just not a good basketball player yet and maybe he never will be a smart player or skilled player. So these Pistons are stuck with themselves and have all been exposed as inferior NBA players who get beat up a lot. Will they tell other is was not their individual fault like Charlie V liked to do? If the Piston players don't want to go through another season like this one, then use this season as motivation and get in the gym with a coach and work hard to overcome the weaknesses each player has right now. If this group returns they could form a bond based on the current humiliation they are experiencing now.

My wish is for Stan Van Gundy to start Johnson, Ellenson, Boban, Hillard, and Beno or reward a D-League point guard. Beno sure had a rough experience in the first half. He has been sitting all season long. When he played earlier in the season Beno was in game shape. I though he was better in the 2nd half. Lose the rest of the games please and try to move up into better draft position. Make some type of trade to secure at least a 2nd round pick.

I like some of your trade ideas involving Pope. Will the Pistons end up getting nothing for him? I would take some of those Nets or Philly players with some draft picks.

cool breeze

Posts : 2378
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

KCP

Post  Oracle on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Two teams have a high interest in KCP, Philly & the Nets.

Nobody wants to go to Philly, so let's assume the Nets are the best destination.

SVG, don't blow this: Is a 3 team sign & trade possible, getting us some real nice assets, while getting KCP to a team that will use him properly.

It depends on what both the Nets and the Pistons could cough up to get Philly interested, with the majority of the good stuff coming back our way.

Hope springs eternal!!!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

At least Now He Has An Excuse

Post  BallinD on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:19 pm

Stupid Van Gundy now can effectively cover his fat ass for this season.  His "Star Guard" has to be shut down, he is injured.  He even got Gores to sign off on it, so all bases are covered.  

SVG:  We can safely delude everybody and buy one more year of middling mediocrity while we wait for Weggie to get better and for his boyfriend "Baby Dre" to recover from the shock of losing his partner.

Move along people...Nothing else to see here.  I couldn't help it!  It was unfair!  We just have to wait and see.  Meanwhile, we gotta go out and sign KCPeepee to the max.  Business as usual.
avatar
BallinD

Posts : 310
Join date : 2015-10-29
Location : Milky Way

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stuff

Post  Oracle on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:57 pm

@Wise - Bonehead, dumbass, clown, you pick'em, that's SVG! He finally shuts down Reggie for the season... now that he destroyed the chemistry the team had built, in spite of his mistakes.

What a waste of a season and it's totally on SVG. However, at this point there's something even worse going on and that is the loss by this team of the mental portion of the game. Way too many things this team have been artificially put through and now they're mentally drained.

@Sparma - Yeah, it's almost like if we win we lose and if we lose we still lose! What a f**king disaster. Reminds me of the Joe years which I thought were long gone!
avatar
Oracle

Posts : 5890
Join date : 2011-12-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nearly the end

Post  Sparma on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:08 am

If we lose tomorrow, we're done done.

I like the Knicks' future better than ours.  At least they have a budding superstar and a high pick.  And a few other pieces.  Rose will be jettisoned and Carmelo will see the light eventually and exit.

Looks like the best we can do in the draft is #11, passing Charlotte, unless we vault into the top 3.

The principal limits I have in mind with SVG concern player acquisition; he should have  done better strategically.
avatar
Sparma

Posts : 947
Join date : 2011-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum