Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Is this a "pimp move?"

Post  deusXango Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:22 pm

Trade #8 and Brandon Jennings to New York for #4 and draft Porzingis, or better still, New York drafts him, if he's still on the board and we draft for them at #8 then work out the particulars. A 7 foot SF that can shot the ball and move like a cat? Child please!

This is the Ilyasova effect; two tall floor stretchers, like SVG had in Orlando. At SF we don't have to worry about Porzingis weight or rebounding numbers and I believe he'd be a holy terror on perimeter defense, playing with KCP and Jackson. IMHO he's a better prospect than Hezonja, Winslow, and Johnson as SF candidates and anyone other than those 3 are trash at #8. Is that a pimp move or what?

I know that there's going to be some concerns raised about Jennings health (probably by some who love to see him in a Pistons uniform), but there could be a sweetener attached to the deal, to get it done; let Phillip and Stanley work it out.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Why do they do Pre-Draft Workouts like ths?

Post  Oracle Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:20 pm

IMO, and interview with the guy would tell you as much, especially since so much film and scouting has already been invested.

Now if a scrimmage with some of your existing YOUNG players was done, it would tell you more!

These workouts tell you NOTHING about rebounding and defending! How well can a player hold position on defense is important for big men, and shooting with some pressure tells you a lot more than shooting sitting ducks!

Oh well, here are 3 workouts, and honestly, I thought less of each after watching them! Porzingis shot very well, and so did Johnson, but Johnson looks a bit stiff, which he said in another interview is something he's trying to prove that he's not! Winslow didn't shoot that well, and missed a couple of easy dunks that was disturbing! Porzingis looks good for a Euro prospect, but not good enough to excite me!

Last edited by Oracle on Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Maybe, WE are saying the same thing ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:57 am

Oracle, perhaps WE are in total agreement. WE have also seen where players have been drafted, recently, as high draft prospects and not even make it beyond their Rookie contracts: Hasheem Thbeet, Jon Vesley

Oracle wrote:
Seb wrote:I, respectfully disagree. Let's see ... Tony Parker, Jimmy Butler, Isiah Thomas (Boston), hell even Tay were low on the board and these guys have turned out to be pretty good pros.

Seb, I think you misunderstood my comment!

I said he looks good, as a matter of fact, he really looks like a solid pro prospect, and my comment had nothing to do with how good of a pro he'll be, just the draft process, and picking at #8.

It's unreasonable to assume someone picking at #8 would draft someone projected at mid to low first round. I've never seen that happen!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Van Gundy Magic

Post  cool breeze Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:05 am

This latest trade bringing Ilyasova on board makes me real happy. I love the way he plays. We just have to hope he can get lucky and play without injury this coming season. More than that, this shows me that Stan Van Gundy is turning over every rock to find a way to improve our Pistons. What a breath of fresh air after so many years of stagnation under the previous management leadership. Gone are the days of Charlie V type players. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Where's the disagreement?

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Seb wrote:I, respectfully disagree. Let's see ... Tony Parker, Jimmy Butler, Isiah Thomas (Boston), hell even Tay were low on the board and these guys have turned out to be pretty good pros.

Seb, I think you misunderstood my comment!

I said he looks good, as a matter of fact, he really looks like a solid pro prospect, and my comment had nothing to do with how good of a pro he'll be, just the draft process, and picking at #8.

It's unreasonable to assume someone picking at #8 would draft someone projected at mid to low first round. I've never seen that happen!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Low on the Boards?

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:03 pm

I, respectfully disagree. Let's see ... Tony Parker, Jimmy Butler, Isiah Thomas (Boston), hell even Tay were low on the board and these guys have turned out to be pretty good pros.

Oracle wrote:@Seb - Portis looks good, but he's too low on the boards to consider at #8. Besides, the Pistons focus has likely shifted to looking at SF's unless someone very interesting drops to them.

One thing the trade didn't solve in my mind was the backup center issue. I don't feel comfortable with the backup center situation if Monroe is gone, we're going to need another veteran guy off the bench, and I don't believe Joel Anthony is the guy we should be depending on for a whole season!

@Capology - Here's the latest info on the CAP, with & without Monroe. Much more info here - How Ersan Ilyasova affects the Detroit Pistons' draft and free agency plans
FORUM - Page 32 CHP2KtXW4AIxnCZ

@Finals - LeBron's Penis is causing a stir on twitter and elsewhere lol
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:05 pm

@Seb - Portis looks good, but he's too low on the boards to consider at #8. Besides, the Pistons focus has likely shifted to looking at SF's unless someone very interesting drops to them.

One thing the trade didn't solve in my mind was the backup center issue. I don't feel comfortable with the backup center situation if Monroe is gone, we're going to need another veteran guy off the bench, and I don't believe Joel Anthony is the guy we should be depending on for a whole season!

@Capology - Here's the latest info on the CAP, with & without Monroe. Much more info here - How Ersan Ilyasova affects the Detroit Pistons' draft and free agency plans
FORUM - Page 32 CHP2KtXW4AIxnCZ

@Finals - LeBron's Penis is causing a stir on twitter and elsewhere lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty GM Stan should draft Bobby Portis

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:35 am

Bobby Portis would be the perfect compliment to Dre' Drum. This Portis kid is for real - http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bobby-Portis-7167/.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty A Pimp-level Trade!

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:21 am

This is a very, very good trade by GM Stan. He moves a contract that he should not have agreed to; paying broke-down Caron Butler an additional year at $4.5 million. Shaun Williams wasn't making nothing, but, he did not have no damn business on OUR roster and wearing the #3.

Now, GM Stan has to pay Erson $7.9 this season and has a team option at $8.4. If Erson can pick his numbers up, last season he averaged 11.5 ppg (WE need 16 pts) and 4.6 rbs (WE need 7 rebounds), then this trade makes US far more flexible.

GM Stan get the real Pimp Points for executing a trade on the day of Game 4 of the NBA Finals. I never recall a trade taking place during the NBA Finals. Damn, GM Stan! rockon

Murph wrote:
Oracle wrote:WTF???

We gave up some trash & garbage for a rotation big man in his prime???

Did SVG use a knife or a gun to do this deal?

WOW!!!

I think John Hammond must be trying to make it up to the Pistons for stealing Knight and Middleton for Jennings.

And Merc makes a good point.  The Bucks were probably trying to clear the decks for Parker, Henson, Middleton and the Greek Freak up front.  They wanted to move Ilyasova, and decided to do the Pistons a solid in the process.

Our luck might be changing.  tb
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty RE:Trade

Post  Phil-Good Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:35 am

I like this trade Pistons fans. I have always liked Ilysova's game. A true pore man's Dirk Nowtzkie. No question about it. He even shoots the ball exactly like Him. Form and everything is exactly the same. I like this kid. he has real talent.

I still would look into keeping Monroe... But this is A good F.U.C.K. you Monroe, we don't die without you..
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty What took GS so long...

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:40 am

To finally discover that if you double and deny LeBron, the Cavs have absolutely nothing else???

Kerr finally gets it, and it looks like GS will win this one!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty DX

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:57 pm

DX wrote:What I'm not understanding is how trading Butler and Williams for Ilyasova and expecting Monroe to walk, lowers our CAP space; I thought the trade was a wash, contractually speaking, and loosing the CAP hold on Monroe increase our CAP, not decrease it. Please explain.

If Monroe doesn't walk, it lowers our CAP space, however if he does, we should gain about 2M in CAP space.

The net of the trade is roughly -3M CAP hit, and if Monroe is 5M, you get a positive 2M increase, so you're right... BUT!

If someone figured CAP space assuming that Butler wouldn't be back, then from that perspective, it is a 8M CAP hit!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Oracle

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Oracle wrote:
deusXango wrote:I'd say this trade opens the door for Mario Hezonja to be our #8 pick, if he's still on the board, or Willie Cauley-Stein; this move gives us flexibility to draft either the top tier big man or perimeter player and this team improves by leaps and bounds! Moose who? I really didn't think SVG had it in him.

If the Pistons draft Hezonja, the first minute of FA Detroit can offer Aldridge a two year max contract, with a player option for the second, and not worry about tying up that much CAP for 3 days; if it's matched or he doesn't want to sign with us, there's always Tolliver, and Ilyasova & Tolliver ain't bad for an evolving team. One things certain, SVG will have all sorts of CAP flexibility, to go out and sign the most proficient, mercenary shooters on the market.

Once we sign Reggie, it's all about Jennings getting back to good health and proving he can perform up to his standard play; either he agrees to backup duty (which I doubt because he's in a contract year) or is traded for what he's worth and we not be undersold. It's important that we not be snookered because of what we gave up to get him (Knight and Middleton).

I poo pooed the Aldridge stuff, but there is a case where coming here makes a little sense, and you just nailed it!

He's becoming a FA at exactly the wrong time if big money is what you're after. It would make sense for him to sign a short term contract somewhere, especially if he can't get with the team he wants in a short term deal, then go for the big bucks.

However, his bigger problem may be this - Born Jul 19, 1985 (age 29), but will be 30 years old in a month!!!

He may need a long contract in this cycle or he's not going to get it later at 32/33!

This is a complex situation, but at 30, my instincts say he needs to go to a contender NOW, but as we know, this CAP situation has made things a lot more complicated!
I hear 'ya Oracle, there are some red flags based on Aldridge's age and injury history (plus mentally he can slide off track, which is not discussed), but again, the Ilyasova-Tolliver tandem won't be bad if we don't go any further than that. If he was signed by us and worked out well, I wouldn't be adverse to re-signing him for max money, for no more than 3 years though.

What I'm not understanding is how trading Butler and Williams for Ilyasova and expecting Monroe to walk, lowers our CAP space; I thought the trade was a wash, contractually speaking, and loosing the CAP hold on Monroe increase our CAP, not decrease it. Please explain.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty DX

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:58 pm

deusXango wrote:I'd say this trade opens the door for Mario Hezonja to be our #8 pick, if he's still on the board, or Willie Cauley-Stein; this move gives us flexibility to draft either the top tier big man or perimeter player and this team improves by leaps and bounds! Moose who? I really didn't think SVG had it in him.

If the Pistons draft Hezonja, the first minute of FA Detroit can offer Aldridge a two year max contract, with a player option for the second, and not worry about tying up that much CAP for 3 days; if it's matched or he doesn't want to sign with us, there's always Tolliver, and Ilyasova & Tolliver ain't bad for an evolving team. One things certain, SVG will have all sorts of CAP flexibility, to go out and sign the most proficient, mercenary shooters on the market.

Once we sign Reggie, it's all about Jennings getting back to good health and proving he can perform up to his standard play; either he agrees to backup duty (which I doubt because he's in a contract year) or is traded for what he's worth and we not be undersold. It's important that we not be snookered because of what we gave up to get him (Knight and Middleton).

I poo pooed the Aldridge stuff, but there is a case where coming here makes a little sense, and you just nailed it!

He's becoming a FA at exactly the wrong time if big money is what you're after. It would make sense for him to sign a short term contract somewhere, especially if he can't get with the team he wants in a short term deal, then go for the big bucks.

However, his bigger problem may be this - Born Jul 19, 1985 (age 29), but will be 30 years old in a month!!!

He may need a long contract in this cycle or he's not going to get it later at 32/33!

This is a complex situation, but at 30, my instincts say he needs to go to a contender NOW, but as we know, this CAP situation has made things a lot more complicated!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty If I were a betting man...

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:38 pm

I'd say this trade opens the door for Mario Hezonja to be our #8 pick, if he's still on the board, or Willie Cauley-Stein; this move gives us flexibility to draft either the top tier big man or perimeter player and this team improves by leaps and bounds! Moose who? I really didn't think SVG had it in him.

deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Trade

Post  Murph Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:04 pm

Oracle wrote:WTF???

WOW!!!

I think John Hammond must be trying to make it up to the Pistons for stealing Knight and Middleton for Jennings.

And Merc makes a good point. The Bucks were probably trying to clear the decks for Parker, Henson, Middleton and the Greek Freak up front. They wanted to move Ilyasova, and decided to do the Pistons a solid in the process.

Our luck might be changing. tb

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Trade!

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:45 pm

WTF???

WOW!!!

Butler goes home... yet again lol

But bigger, it likely means HELLO some lucky SF in the draft, and a good attempt to offset the salary by moving Jennings if possible, although Butler's 5M offsets it some!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:55 pm

His salary in 2016/17 is only partially guaranteed with a 400K buyout... SVG keepin' it flexible.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:32 pm

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:31 pm

Murph there goes the chance to deal for Henson... looks like the Bucks wanted to make room to give him more PT.

Ersan Ilyasova is on the books for two more years... 7.9M and 8.4M
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Good Trade

Post  Murph Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Good trade, except now I have to change my avatar.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Dishing the Dirt :)

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Would SVG be interested in Robin Lopez to backup Drummond?

"So who might make a run at Lopez while the Trail Blazers are in free agency limbo? There are a handful of gifted centers that will be available this year, so we are likely looking at teams in need that swing and miss on more attractive prospects, or teams that cannot hope to draw such prospects to their market in the first place. Guys like DeAndre Jordan, Greg Monroe, and Brook Lopez are among those likely to change hands, but teams outside the fray, by choice or otherwise, will look toward more humble means. Teams like…" - Free Agency: Robin Lopez may have suitors outside Portland

Aldridge Stuff:
Mavs' chances of landing LaMarcus Aldridge ... what's being written, said, rumored

Report: LaMarcus Aldridge prefers Mavericks over Spurs

The Finals: NBA says two fouls were missed in final 2 minutes of Game 3 of Finals

They can keep stats on the number sweat droplets that hit the floor off of each players jock, but can't keep the number of missed and incorrect fouls during a game other than the last 2 minutes? Maybe they do, but if it isn't published like other stats, it's being hidden!

Michael Jordan:
FORUM - Page 32 CHLv-EUUgAAPqVn
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Hyperbole

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:49 am

"After a strong start to the 2014-15 season, (5-23 is a strong start?) the Detroit Pistons lost their All-Star point guard Brandon Jennings (when was Jennings ever an All-Star; did I miss something?) to a season-ending Achilles injury and completely fell apart down the stretch (actually we played better down the stretch and did it without the great Greg Monroe). Finishing with one of the worst records in the league, the Pistons landed the No. 8 overall pick in the draft (I hope it's used wisely) and have plenty of questions regarding the personnel on the roster going forward (the questions should be few because of so many obvious decisions that should be made)."

We enjoy talking contracts on these forums, so let me ask this, wouldn't Aldridge making more money in Detroit, in the next two years, and be a part of a championship contending team impact his decision on signing here? With $20-$30 million a year where on the planet can't a person live in total comfort? What team in the east is poised to contend for a championship in the next 2-3 years? LeBron will be done and Drummond and Aldridge will be the new Gasol and Z-Bo in the interior.

Oracle is correct, Aldridge is the best PF in the league, with the decline of Duncan, but what will Drummond be in the next couple of years? I'm not going to examine the blemishes that keeps him from being perfect (poor FT shooting, raw offensive game, taking plays off, etc.) but rather look at what he does better than anyone else, playing center, in the league (rebounder and supreme "garbage man") and realize he's developing. Things haven't gone our way for so long that we don't see ourselves as being the recipients of great fortune, but this could be it. We've been down on Gores as the absentee, dummy, owner, but the man is a genius at getting things done, and this is something that'd put a big feather in his cap.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 32 Empty Free Agent PFs

Post  Murph Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:15 am

I agree with DX that Aldridge would be the perfect fit in Detroit.  He's a good defender and rebounder, and the best stretch 4 in the league.  I also agree with Oracle that he'd have to be crazy to come to Detroit at this point in his career.

And yet, why did Gores hire that sleazebag Tellen?  For his real estate expertise?  Not likely.  The only logical explanation is that Gores is paying off Tellen, in order to try to lure Aldridge to Detroit.  Will this actually work?  Doubtful...but you never know.

Merc, looking at that list of FA power forwards, after Aldridge, who would you sign to a LT contract, assuming Love and Tristan Thompson will return to Clevland?  Millsap?  I wouldn't mind having Millsap I guess, but he's only 6'8.  Ed Davis would be a bargain, but he has no outside shot.  Is Henson a FA?

Maybe #4 on the list, Josh Smith?  Just kidding...  lol

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next