Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:53 pm

merc wrote:Well Don got his boy... they must have seen something in SJ that Winslow was missing... will be interested in SVGs take.

YES! I hope what I saw from this kid translates to a big win for the Pistons. I wanted him bad not because he played for Arizona but because I thought he would be a great fit for the core players already wearing Piston uniforms. But I listen carefully to what Van Gundy says and do believe that he still will bring in an experienced small forward to occupy the starting position at SF through trade or free agency. Johnson has been playing summer ball against NBA players for a long time. He knows how hard he must work to make it big in the NBA. The thing is Johnson's Mom was a pro and we Piston fans don't have some idiot young kid here. Johnson has high expectations. His high school coach said Stanley made the same type comments when he was a freshman in high school. He wanted to be the best high school player as a freshman and worked his butt off from the summer of his 8th grade year and before the 9th grade year started, Stanley was ready. Other teams ahead of the Pistons made some real big mistakes. Stan Van Gundy didn't.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:40 pm

Well Don got his boy... they must have seen something in SJ that Winslow was missing... will be interested in SVGs take.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Stanley Johnson...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:29 pm

It is!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Well, we get the...

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 pm

Pick of the litter of SF's... who will they pick???
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty What will he do?

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:25 pm

Who knows, but here's what the latest thinking is, modified with what I think he'll do.

This is NOT necessarily what I want him to do, but what I suspect he will do!

1. If Mario Hezonja is on the board, that's the pick! He's as risky as hell, but that's who they really want!
  2. Next, if Winslow drops, they'll have a hard time passing on him, but I would! Then it gets dicey!
  3. If he favors shooting over defense, he picks Devin Booker, which could put KCP on the defensive, BUT
  4. If he favors a more all around player, he picks Stanley Johnson, which I do think is the best pick for us!

In short, there's no real way to determine who we pick unless you can predict who falls to us, and that's a near impossible task!

Let the Real Games begin!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty RE: Stanley Johnson. Not super happy about having him

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm not overly pumped about getting Stanley Johnson. Nice kid but I love A guy with A high basketball IQ. Don't see it with S.Johnson.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Per Doug Godlieb

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:29 pm

The number of European lottery picks to become All Stars since 2000 is ................. zero.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:24 pm

Ok maybe Herzonja  =  Delfino and takes a contract and a half to become a player.

Last edited by lemonpen on Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Crap

Post  Murph Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:27 pm

So now we find out that scrumbag Tellen is Hezonja's agent also???   facepalm

And we were hoping the Pistons hired Tellen to lure Aldridge here.  The jokes on us.  lol lol lol    

Please Denver, take Hezonja before SVG can get his paws on him.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:08 pm

Will Herzonja = Gigi
All hype, no hope, and no heart for the level of aggressiveness on display in the Association.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Hey Marcuses Lakers Don't Have Any Panties On It's Showtime

Post  WTF Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:42 pm

De: As in DeMarcus Cousins my very well end up in a Lakers uniform and La: As in LaMarcus my follow suit and I think the Lakers might be strongly considering making a trade with the Lakers in order to to get Kobe another ring or maybe 2 before his career is all done.

The Lakers could very well create it's own version of the current day Big Three by adding Aldridge and Cousins to play with Kobe to win now and if I were Lakers Decision Maker I would pull the trigger on a trade for cousin then sign Aldridge ASAP! Can you imagine a rejuvenated Kobe as seasoned Aldridge and a Big like Cousins on the same squad. All they need to do is add a competent PG Rondo in the mix along with a season vet like a Tayshuan back home in LA and they instantly become the favorite for a title. We know LA gives a **** about Cap Space I could see this happening.

Other news Love in NY along with Moose is a possibility which could make NY a strong Eastern Favorite! They might not be able to defend against a fly but they damn sure would be able to put up points with the best (Love, Anthony, Monroe) not a bad trio at all but they too would require a competent PG to keep things balanced as well.

The Cavs are okay with The King and Kyrie not much else is required except more solid role players and they could right back in the Finals next season as well. I think there could be a reunion with Wade this time in Cleveland

The Piss Ten is what we looked liked most of last season with a **** load of role players pretending to be above average players but just maybe SVG can get them back to being the Pistons. So here's more wishful thinking on my part. No more breaking the bank on hope and potential in a **** load of role players and second round picks. If we can work out some form of a sign and trade with NY for Moose please let it include Hardaway Jr. because in the long run he's going to be far better than KCP. I don't know what Bosh health situation looks like going forward but what if? Just saying if we draft smartly and Bosh can come back then I would love to see him along side of Andre. Remove the health question Bosh is all the things we hoped and wish Moose sorry ass would be at the PF position just saying people he would also have the impact we were looking for when Joe signed Josh. I think Miami is ready to go in full rebuild mold. Man I swear we had the crappiest 10 man rotation of players ever.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty T.J. Warren

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:07 am

Sebastian wrote:... to Phoenix for T.J. Warren. Remember, T.J. Warren is the former ACC Player of the Year (2014). He can put the ball in the hoop!
Sebastian, you know I love T.J. Warrens game and was pulling for the Pistons to do all they could to get him when they were pussyfooting around with Singler, Butler, and Martin, but our lottery pick for him? Come on man. Meeks or Jennings and our 2nd round pick should get done (because they'd be able to dump salary also), but not #8.

T.J.'s not that glorified 3 point shooting threat that everyone is in love with (or at least fans and media love to talk of the love SVG has for the long ball), but a deadly, highly efficient mid-range, to at the rim, scorer. Look at how many starry-eyed fools (people) have been beating the drum for Devin Booker, simply because his jump shot looks good to them....he can't do sh!t else, but damn, isn't he pretty?!

How about this, trade for T. J., draft Johnson or Kaminsky, lure Ray Allen out of retirement with the FA money, resign Reggie and Anthony, and call it a good day?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Yada Yada Yada

Post  WTF Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:53 am

Oracle wrote:@Wise - Man, I was with you until you started the Trey Burke stuff(although I think Trey is getting a bad rap), but I guess I should be glad you didn't want us to drop a boatload of money trying to get Josh Smith back on the team lol lol lol l

Hey you know me I'm a Trey and Josh fan to the end and would love to see both in a Pistons uniform. I always thought wrong PF was let go and truly believe that had we kept Josh oppose to Moose the team would have made the playoffs. As for Trey I think Utah is giving up on him too fast and most of Trey failings is on them. There's no stability in Utah and I think Trey would have been better off going anywhere but to Utah like coming here or Minny keeping him. Utah just don't fit a player like Trey he needed to be a Pistons. tb

Other stuff: I really not banking on any draft pick in our current position to make a strong impact on this team, it possible but I just can't say for certain so I don't care who we draft. SVG better make something out of nothing when it comes to the Moose situation and signing another free agent because that'e where and how this team will get better.

Hell Yeah! I would trade Andre for Cousins, just like I was yelling to trade Moose for Cousins way back when and many of you told me I was crazy. Any time a player doesn't kisses the media asses or are media friendly said player has all kinds of **** tossed in their direction. I don't believe over half the **** being said and written about Cousins. This guys hates losing and wants to win and that's more than I can say about the approach our two big guys had on court most nights. Hard to argue against 24 and 11 a night.

More Michigan Pipe Dreaming! Not only would I want Burke and Stuakas on the team but I would give up KCP for Hardaway, and try like hell to get McGary from OKC. The only player I have doubts about is Robinson who always seems a little too passive on his approach to the game, though I think he's a better spot up shooter than KCP and can be just as good defensively. So Go Blue to Pistons Blue hehe

Freaking Ready For Some Football tb

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty It appears that Stan Van Gundy is not banking on this year's draft picks to improve his team next season

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:39 pm

Stan Van Gundy has made several comments lately that gives some insight on how important free agent signings and trades will be to get better results next season. That is good news if he can pull off some crafty moves which which might mean bringing in an established small forward, possibly a new shooting guard and a back up center or power/power forward. He indicates that it is not out of the question that one of the players he selects in this draft might earn a spot in his rotation. Stan seems upbeat right now so he must have a solid plan in the works that will surprise all of us. This management team is like a breath of fresh air compared to our previous President Joe Dumars. Van Gundy has hired smart basketball people who have good contacts everywhere. We actually do get a first round pick so I am really excited but knowing the Pistons are active in other areas is really cool. Detroit basketball will be back on the map shortly Piston fans.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Trade the #8 Pick ...

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:09 pm

... to Phoenix for T.J. Warren. Remember, T.J. Warren is the former ACC Player of the Year (2014). He can put the ball in the hoop!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Nice, Oracle!

Post  Sebastian Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:05 pm

Oracle wrote:Wow, I never knew so many players thought Karl was a freaking snake in the grass!!! He's pushing to trade Cousins, but Kings management doesn't want to!

DeMarcus Cousins is the Latest NBA Star to Tweet About George Karl Being a Snake

Here’s Why Carmelo Anthony, Ray Allen, And Other Former Players Feel George Karl Is A Snake

FORUM - Page 29 Untitl10
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Humorville: Lemon/Wise

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:45 pm

@Wise - Man, I was with you until you started the Trey Burke stuff(although I think Trey is getting a bad rap), but I guess I should be glad you didn't want us to drop a boatload of money trying to get Josh Smith back on the team lol lol lol

@Lemon - I'm excited too, and I would pull the trade for Boogie reluctantly, but I would pull it! IMO, Cousins has gotten through most of his silly stuff and is ready to become the player he should be, and all the stuff we want Drummond to do, Cousins already does, and at a high level(except defense).

You mentioned Mosgov, and sadly, Mosgov is a better center than Drummond & Monroe combined!

Utah is giving up on Trey Burke way too early! After 2 freaking years they want to start over from point zero again? That's dumb, Trey needs one more year to show his stuff, if nothing happens, then you might start looking, but it generally takes 3-4 years to get a good player, but I do admit that the signs haven't been good for him!

BTW, that same site you had a link for, has a mock draft that has Stanley Johnson going 15th!!!

These cats can't even get their own lies straight lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Rumorville

Post  lemonpen Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:01 pm

NBA draft rumors: The latest buzz on teams, players, trades and more

It's looking like the party is over in Utah. SI rumor has it that the Jazz are looking to draft a floor leader. Damn Trey.

Would ja pull the trigger on a deal of Dre for Boggie Cousins.

I wonder if Cleveland and Detroit could do a swap of Monroe and Love, both in sign and trades. Nah !! I guess the Cavs have a better all around center in Mozgov.

Hey Cool Breeze, SI is singing from your sheet music. Pistons want Stan the Man.

One thing GM Stan has proven is that NO TIME IS A BAD TIME TO MAKE A MOVE. I will be surprised if he settles for phoning in two picks and going home tomorrow night. Something is going to happen.

I'm excited again !!!!! dance dance dance dance dance
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Making Up Stuff

Post  WTF Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:50 pm

I love this time of the year it's actually more exciting than the season itself. I like all the pretending and speculation that goes on right before the draft up until the end of August.

So here I go. In some magical and mystical way we end up with the Lakers pick and draft Okafor because in some dark ally hidden away from the public some agreement is made that and sat in stone that Monroe ends up in LA in a sign and trade after and that the Lakers also relieve us of Jennings in the process.

Then in some other mystical move with the Lakers also acquiring Cousins they then send us Stuakus who they acquire along with Cousins. Later we trade KCP to the Blazers for Batum and he returns to form and we never have to hear about having crappy SF because we now have a far well above average player at that position.

Then I would find a competent PG that will have enough sense to see that Andre, Okafor, Batum and Stuakus get the ball in the right spot at the right time tb So we trade for little PG in Utah that had a rough second year dang! I forgot his name I think he played for the Wolverines a couple of years back I can't remember lol
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:02 pm

Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:Gonna have to call BS on the report about SVG not being sold on Jackson... it's pretty easy for these rags to mention "league sources"... if they were paying attention they would see several quotes from Stan saying that Jackson was part of the core and that he has every intention to re-sign him... league sources say you're full of sh##.

Totally agree, but there may be some truth in there!

The truth is NOT that they're not sold on Jackson, they are, but they're not sold on giving him too much money!

Stories like these may be designed to drive his price down in the hope that other offers will either not come in or that they will be lower than the max!

This close to the draft it's hard to stick your face out of the door for fear of getting splashed with some BS!

Stan Van Gundy knows Dan Feldman might come up with an Idea that the Pistons should sign Pee Wee Herman if he was alive. Dan is a wild and crazy guy who loves to shake your world but never seems to be very interested in the facts. As the draft gets closer, more clowns will surface with their take on what the Pistons should do. I am confident that Van Gundy will not make a fool out of himself. No he will not draft the point guard who cannot shoot the ball past 3 feet and passed on playing for a major college team this past season.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Jackson...

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:40 pm

merc wrote:Gonna have to call BS on the report about SVG not being sold on Jackson... it's pretty easy for these rags to mention "league sources"... if they were paying attention they would see several quotes from Stan saying that Jackson was part of the core and that he has every intention to re-sign him... league sources say you're full of sh##.

Totally agree, but there may be some truth in there!

The truth is NOT that they're not sold on Jackson, they are, but they're not sold on giving him too much money!

Stories like these may be designed to drive his price down in the hope that other offers will either not come in or that they will be lower than the max!

This close to the draft it's hard to stick your face out of the door for fear of getting splashed with some BS!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Gonna have to call BS on the report about SVG not being sold on Jackson... it's pretty easy for these rags to mention "league sources"... if they were paying attention they would see several quotes from Stan saying that Jackson was part of the core and that he has every intention to re-sign him... league sources say you're full of sh##.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty George Karl: Another coach with problems!

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:40 pm

Wow, I never knew so many players thought Karl was a freaking snake in the grass!!! He's pushing to trade Cousins, but Kings management doesn't want to!

DeMarcus Cousins is the Latest NBA Star to Tweet About George Karl Being a Snake

Here’s Why Carmelo Anthony, Ray Allen, And Other Former Players Feel George Karl Is A Snake

FORUM - Page 29 Untitl10
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Mama, there goes that man... How crazy is Mark Jackson

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Seb, when you brought up Festus Ezeli, who I wouldn't mind if we could pick him up(but he's under contract, so only through a trade), it reminded of something I saw about Mark Jackson. He said,

"When Ezeli was injured last season, Jackson and his staff told the healthy players that Ezeli was cheering against them — so that he would look good, according to several team sources. Players confronted Ezeli in a meeting, and he wept at the accusation — which he denied." - Report: Mark Jackson tried to poison Warriors against Festus Ezeli

Mark Jackson is one sick individual, they had to get rid of him!

On WCS, his lack of shooting and horrible FT shooting would make him and Dre playing together a nightmare of an adventure!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty OUR #8 Pick

Post  Sebastian Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:47 pm

Two days away from this year's draft, I have faxed my most insightful recommendation to GM Stan that is the decision for OUR Pistons going forward.

With the 8th Pick of the 2015 NBA Draft the Detroit Pistons should pick ... Willie Cauley-Stein.

Yes, Willie Cauley-Stien. This kid has the NBA body, he can guard four positions and is a protect the rim guy. He runs the floor and even has that elbow jumper that WE all have wanted Moose to develop.

Cauley-Stein can defend! Plain and simple and his offensive is sneaky good. Cauley-Stein's activity will create space for Dre. Illynasova can start at SF and KCP as shooting guard and resign Reggie Jackson, but if he gets pricy ($15 million +) he will have to walk. Hang on to B. Jennings.

Go get: Festus Ezeli. Offer maybe $5 million for 4 years team option (4th year).

Roll with:

PG: Jackson/B. Jennings/Dinwiddie
SG: KCP/F@ckin' Jodie Meeks
SF: Illyasova/Q. Miller
PF: Cauley-Stein/Tolliver
C: Dre' Drum/Ezeli

This lineup would have the potential to defend and score. There would be times when WE could have both Reggie Jackson and B. Jennings on the floor together; or Illyasova and Q. Miller on the floor together. And, of course B. Jennings has played with Illyasova in Milwaukee.

This would be a fast breaking team, which starts from solid man-on-man defense, protecting the rim, and grabbing the rebound of which defensive rebounding is the strength of Dre's game.

This roster would be able run 1-5, 1-4, 2-4, 2-5 pick rolls all game long. The PG can drive and kick to a shooter for a shot or to another shooter.

Remember folks GS won that Larry, because of their defense. The level of defense that was required  to win, during all four series during the Playoffs.

Willie Cauley-Stein would be a perfect compliment both in age and game. You guys must realize the biggest guy on the roster (Dre) wants to have a complimentary and comparable teammate.

Willie Cauley-Stein will need to improve on his FT shooting and overall shooting, but did not the Pistons hire a new shooting coach. And, I think once kid this kid starts playing 4 games a week, his game is going to quickly improve. Cauley-Stein is a grown man.

cool breeze wrote:Rumors are rumors but I agree that Kaminsky would be a good fit with NY and the Triangle offense. NY is rumored to be attempting some type of deal to move down in the draft thinking they could benefit and still get their man Kaminsky. The trading partner might be the Pistons. If so who will Stan be targeting in this draft? Come on all you Piston experts, what is the inside strategy?

Last edited by Sebastian on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next