Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sissy1946
Phil-Good
Murph
WTF
Oracle
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
merc
deusXango
Sebastian
14 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Porzingis

Post  Murph Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:08 am

I think if SVG does a deal to move up in the draft to the #4 spot, I think he'll target Porzingis.

I have mixed emotions about this. The best case scenario for Porzingis is that he develops into another Donatas Motiejunas, a big physical PF who can shoot. Of course the worst case scenario is that Porzingis develops into the dreaded Andrea Bargnani, a waste of god given height.

Personally, I'd rather keep the #8 pick and take Stanley Johnson. Although the inclusion of Hardaway Jr. would sweeten the deal.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Draft rumors involving Detroit

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:06 pm

Rumors are rumors but I agree that Kaminsky would be a good fit with NY and the Triangle offense. NY is rumored to be attempting some type of deal to move down in the draft thinking they could benefit and still get their man Kaminsky. The trading partner might be the Pistons. If so who will Stan be targeting in this draft? Come on all you Piston experts, what is the inside strategy?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty RE:Knicks may have a bigger picture in mind

Post  Phil-Good Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:01 pm

I love your way of thinking Oracle but who really knows what Monroe will do? In my opinion, his best move

would be to stay in Detroit or do A sign and trade with Detroit to N.O. Pelicans, who will be A run and gun team with coach Gentry.

Sacramento. Monroe and Cousins would be something fun to watch. But Defense will be A major issue.

Toronto would be A great spot but what does Toronto have to offer? Indiana would be A good team but what do

they have to offer? The Spurs would be great if they can't land Aldridge or Gasol. Phoenix is my favorite trade

partner.Give me B.Knight. Denver is another team I like.K.Fareed has Pistons DNA written all over him. Having him coming off the bench would be great for the Pistons.

Philly would move N.Noel in A heart beat because they have no clue what they doing up there in Philadelphia.

But Monroe is A wild card. Who knows what going on in his head.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Knicks may have a bigger picture in mind!

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Here's my speculation on why the Knicks do a deal with us specifically.

1. The Knicks want Monroe badly, they see in him a high scoring big man who can rebound, but is a poor defender! You can't have a big man that can't defend unless you get him some help.
  2. They want to get that help in the draft, Willie Cauley-Stein, but the person they want shouldn't go at #4, but much later, so they have a need to trade down.
  3. Willie Cauley-Stein provides the superior defense needed to have a solid frontcourt, while Monroe provides the scoring, it's a really good plan for the future of the Knicks, IMO, and made so much more dangerous with Carmelo going off on opponents!
  4. To make this happen, they may be looking to do some deal with the Pistons revolving around either Monroe, Jennings, Hardaway, a 3rd team, who knows!

If any of this goes through, it's likely that they will deny everything until draft day so that no other team blocks what they want to do.

Then it will likely proceed by NY drafting whoever the Pistons want, and the Pistons drafting Willie Cauley-Stein for them, who will certainly still be on the board at 8.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty re: June 24

Post  Phil-Good Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:05 pm

"my fear is that SVG has bought the hype on Hezonja, and while he looks good, he smells like Darko to me."

Agree!! I would stay so far away from Hezonja your head would spin from Michigan to whatever place in the Euro league he plays....

This kid has A major attitude problem. It's already hard for A rookie. Then A kid that's new to the country and A immature kid at that. Then add long Michigan winters on top of that. PASS!!!!

This is what I think will happen because teams are not smart.

Min. Townson..(I wold pick Oakfor)

LA. oakfor

Philly. D.Russell

NY.. Who in the hell knows.. (I would take Mudiay)

Orlando. Winslow ( But Orlando might want to keep Harris so they swing for the fence on Prozingis )

Sacramento.. Hezonja. (V.Divace knows this Euro kids better then anybody)

Denver.. Porzingis

Detroit... Best available Player... Johnson who is very small in my opinion. Booker who is good but young. Payne. Good but we don't need him. Detroit hopes Winslow falls to them. I would consider moving this pick if I were Detroit. You can find major value later down in the draft if Guys don't fall..
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Jennings for Hardaway Jr.?

Post  Murph Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:11 pm

That would be a good trade for the Pistons.

However, I don't see why the Knicks would do that trade. The Knicks are projected to take Mudiay in the draft, and they already have Calderone under contract. How many PGs do the Knicks need?

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty You may be close!

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:30 am

There isn't anyone from the core that we would be willing to part with, but IMO, you're on the right track with Jennings & Monroe!!!

IMO, while it may provide some meager help for Monroe, the biggest beneficiary of a S&T with us to get Monroe is the savings in real dollars.

Sure they can sign Monroe outright, but doing so depletes their finances and limits their ability to sign other FA's. A S&T, if constructed properly would have minimal or no CAP hit, and retain their ability to go after higher priced FA's.

For us, this is an absolute no brainer! I would hope we could do this without including Jennings, but if we have to do that, I won't lose any sleep!

The only question remaining would be is the 4th pick really worth it! You don't move up to pick Winslow, he isn't a game changer IMO, but my fear is that SVG has bought the hype on Hezonja, and while he looks good, he smells like Darko to me.

Darko in the sense that his opinion of himself is WAY out of proportion with who he really is, and that inflated ego may be a real problem!

Stay tuned...

Phil1980boy wrote:Oracle, what can Detroit offer NY for that 4th pick? I'm sure Detroit will want Hardaway Jr along with the 4th pick.

OK, Jennings, A sign and trade with the Moose and the 8th pick. But that helps Monroe more then NY. Then what? We don't have anything else to offer NY??

KCP, Jackson and Drummonds are not even up for debate. There's no one else on the roster that NY would be interested in.

The best move for Detroit would be to turn this 8th pick into A few good players and maybe A later pick. Unless Winslow, Mudiay, or A kid like that drops, I would consider moving the pick. But in every draft, it's going to be A guy who get drafter late who turns into A NBA All Star. And everybody is going to say DAMN!! Let's hope Detroit has they eye on that guy.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Trade with NY...

Post  Phil-Good Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:03 pm

Oracle, what can Detroit offer NY for that 4th pick? I'm sure Detroit will want Hardaway Jr along with the 4th pick.

OK, Jennings, A sign and trade with the Moose and the 8th pick. But that helps Monroe more then NY. Then what? We don't have anything else to offer NY??

KCP, Jackson and Drummonds are not even up for debate. There's no one else on the roster that NY would be interested in.

The best move for Detroit would be to turn this 8th pick into A few good players and maybe A later pick. Unless Winslow, Mudiay, or A kid like that drops, I would consider moving the pick. But in every draft, it's going to be A guy who get drafter late who turns into A NBA All Star. And everybody is going to say DAMN!! Let's hope Detroit has they eye on that guy.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Hezonja & Stuff...

Post  Oracle Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:45 pm

I was a little surprised to see him hitting from deep with hands in his face, and on the move like Curry.

SVG won't get a chance to draft him because there is no possible way he gets past the Kings at #6, but that also means that we get a real pick of the litter at #8!

However, there is a rumor that we're looking to work out a trade with NY for the 4th pick
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/06/21/morning-shootaround-june-21-2/ wrote:The Pistons are expected to select a small forward if they keep the eighth pick. There is also a chance they’ll trade up with the New York Knicks, who are looking to deal the fourth pick. If that happens it gives the Pistons a solid shot at Duke forward Justise Winslow or shooting guardMario Hezonja of Croatia. (IMO, if we're at 4, we have a shot at a whole lot more than Winslow or Hezonja)

NBA prospect Mario Hezonja sets scoring record against one of Europe's best teams

Finally: IMO, we have to be looking for a player that has at least one defined skill of either shooting, playmaking, or defense! I don't think we can compromise on that, and he must be well above average in that defined skill with the ability to get better in the others!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty re: June 24

Post  Phil-Good Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:09 pm

DAMN! This is the game Jennings went down...
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Chicago Combine stats are always very misleading when trying to determine which player to pick in the draft

Post  cool breeze Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:53 pm

To me one of the most important things a GM should do is make sure you interview a prospect's head coach and assistant coaches. Dumars could have avoided selecting Rodney White if his staff had done that one thing. Dumars instead did base a lot on his perception of players who appeared at the Chicago combine. Remember Jason Maxiell? Dumars thought he was a sure thing because Jason played outstanding basketball in the scrimmages there. But many players don't compete in the scrimmages.

Lemonpen and other fans have indicated that Stanley Johnson might not be a good choice for the Pistons based on his performance in the NCAA tournament and his height. Relating to his size, I can say from watching him perform in many games in person that Johnson is an imposing sight. He is strong and quick and stood out on the floor with nobody that I know ever even thinking about how tall he was. He looks big and plays big. I think that Winslow also has that same look.

In the end, Stan Van Gundy needs to determine what is in the heart of the player he selects in this draft. Stanley Johnson's High school coach who has coached many NBA players, says that Johnson is the best player he has ever coached. He lauds Johnson's determination and work ethic and ability to adjust to playing any position that his team needed over his high school years. What is in your heart is the most important thing a player has when it comes to being successful in the NBA. That is why I loved Brandon Knight. So many players who have performed well in the NCAA tournament have not been able to rise to the challenge of becoming a good NBA player. Derek Williams is a guy I know and have watched for a long time. He was outstanding and unstoppable in college and in the NCAA tournament. I think he still has a chance to become a solid player but it sure hasn't happened yet. He admits now that he failed to put in the necessary work after he was drafted. That won't happen with players like Johnson or Winslow. They are work dogs when nobody is watching.

Selecting the best player possible is one tough task. How could anyone predict that Stephen Curry would become an NBA MVP. His Father knew it was possible. People close to Curry knew it and his college head coach knew it. It is up to Stan Van Gundy to turn over every rock and make the pick of the century next week. The Pistons are no longer an easy out for playoff type teams. Detroit is slowly becoming tougher and smarter and the players are well coached. We need a starter type player with the 8th pick. Who will it be? I have no faith in the Euro small forward that is so high on the draft boards because he has a history of being a weak defensive player. If that is true than he might not make a rotation on any team in the NBA. And that player has an unpredicable personality according to the reports which means he might not be easy to coach and might not become a consistently improving type of young player. You have to have the right mindset to make it in the NBA. Both Johnson and Winslow have that in common. So if Van Gundy does draft a small forward I will be happy with either Johnson or Winslow. If either will be available is another question. Detroit should have positioned themselves for the 5th or 6th pick.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Looking back at Jun 24 Det@Milwaukee

Post  Phil-Good Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:57 pm

Just up taking A look at our new starting PF Illy vs the Pistons on the 24th. On League Pass.

A few things stood out to me.

1. WOW. B.Jennings with the pass off the glass on A fast break to Drummonds with the 1 hand flush. The entire Milwaukee crowd was like...OWWWWWW!!!

2. Illy had A broke nose. So he wore the mask. I see why his nose was broken. Illy likes to get in the paint on defense and mix it up. ALso Monroe was trying to defend him and Monroe can't defend athletic, mobile, bigs with shooting ability. But Illy looked good. I did not know he can rebound and defend the way he does.

3. B.Jennings was playing his azz off during this time. I can't see Jennings accepting A 6th man role long term. I can't see it. I hope he would but I don't see it.

OK. The game is back on so I'm going to finish looking at it.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:12 am

lemonpen wrote:Cool Breeze,
I feel like you are making excuses for Stanley Johnson that frankly don't stand up.  Winning state championships is par for the course for this countries elite college players.  That is part of the reason they are recruited by big schools.  Personally, I wish you would tell us that SJ is working his ass off in response to a subpar NCAA performance, rather than the rather the weak excuse regarding his physical play in non-physical league / tournament situations.

Any way you slice it defensively speaking Johnson is going to be fighting an uphill battle every single night in the Association because at 6'6" he is at the bottom height limit for his position (6'6"-6'11").  From what I've seen he will have to develop a more refined offensive game, cause he isn't abusing anyone on the block at the next level.

Dog out the Euros if you must (Lord knows they have plenty of question marks) but at least be honest about your guy.

Lemonpen I am not Johnson's agent. That was only my opinion as to how his game and mindset would pan out in the NBA. I have no crystal ball but do believe based on his high school coach and Sean Miller, that Johnson is a work dog, has never been a problem on any team, is team orientated, and has of course won 4 state championships playing different positions. His last year of high school ball, Stanley played point guard. He can guard well and that puts him head and shoulders over the euro player that is so high on many draft boards. His size should not be a factor especially knowing that he weighs 240 pounds. That wide body takes up space and helps him protect the weak side relating to rebounding. I like him but I am not the coach or GM. Van Gundy will decide based on his overall plan. But I do not believe that Johnson is a project.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Stanley Johnson

Post  lemonpen Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:35 am

Cool Breeze,
I feel like you are making excuses for Stanley Johnson that frankly don't stand up.  Winning state championships is par for the course for this countries elite college players.  That is part of the reason they are recruited by big schools.  Personally, I wish you would tell us that SJ is working his ass off in response to a subpar NCAA performance, rather than the rather the weak excuse regarding his physical play in non-physical league / tournament situations.

Any way you slice it defensively speaking Johnson is going to be fighting an uphill battle every single night in the Association because at 6'6" he is at the bottom height limit for his position (6'6"-6'11").  From what I've seen he will have to develop a more refined offensive game, cause he isn't abusing anyone on the block at the next level.

Dog out the Euros if you must (Lord knows they have plenty of question marks) but at least be honest about your guy.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Oracle wrote:Don, Drew Sharp is right, we do need shooting, but his solutions are more than dumb!

The problem now is that the Hornets traded Lance, so now they're almost surely going to draft a SF!

That means that the key is Winslow! If Winslow goes before they pick, they're going to pick Stanley Johnson, and that will put us into plan B mode!

IMO, Winslow isn't likely to go that early, and both may be there when the Hornets select, which means we get what they leave, and I'm hoping it's Johnson!

Johnson is a project, but one that could pay off in a few years. While he's learning, the one thing that's not a project is his defense, which should insure that he does get in the rotation for limited minutes(like KCP).

That's why I'm patient with KCP! Players that come in and play defensively need time to develop a balance, and the offense generally comes in a few years.

I feel like DX, I wish we had 2 picks in the first round!!!

That would be nice Oracle. After watching Johnson in every game of his freshman season, I don't think he will be a project type player. Stanley Johnson is a man who has crafted his game for the NBA not the PAC12 or the NCAA college tournament. I was surprised by his performances in the NCAA tournament but do not believe that is an indicator of his potential as a player next season. Johnson made key offensive and defensive plays to lead Arizona to the PAC12 title. He was good at crunch time making outside shots as well as powering his way to the basket on drives. Hezonja is a project type player for sure. Somehow I have faith in Stan Van Gundy that he will make a sound decision with the 8th pick depending on who is available. As Detroit still needs a backup center, perhaps he will not draft a small forward. But if Johnson is our pick, i will be really happy.

One cool thought relating to next season is the thought that the Pistons are going to have some real athletic players. The trade with the Bucks for our new power forward is a good indicator that Van Gundy is one smart basketball man who has a plan for success. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Our pick became harder...

Post  Oracle Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Don, Drew Sharp is right, we do need shooting, but his solutions are more than dumb!

The problem now is that the Hornets traded Lance, so now they're almost surely going to draft a SF!

That means that the key is Winslow! If Winslow goes before they pick, they're going to pick Stanley Johnson, and that will put us into plan B mode!

IMO, Winslow isn't likely to go that early, and both may be there when the Hornets select, which means we get what they leave, and I'm hoping it's Johnson!

Johnson is a project, but one that could pay off in a few years. While he's learning, the one thing that's not a project is his defense, which should insure that he does get in the rotation for limited minutes(like KCP).

That's why I'm patient with KCP! Players that come in and play defensively need time to develop a balance, and the offense generally comes in a few years.

I feel like DX, I wish we had 2 picks in the first round!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Drew Sharp makes no sense

Post  cool breeze Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:01 pm

Danny Green is not the answer. The Spurs are no longer high on him for good reason. It would be a huge mistake to sign Green unless we get the Green who played for Michigan State. And it would be really stupid to draft a shooting guard who needs several years in the development league. Stanley Johnson reminds me a lot of the Green who played for State and just won the title. Johnson can play 3 positions. He carries his 245 pounds well. Everyone has there opinion but I just hope that Stan Van Gundy has more insight than Drew.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Why the Pistons should not pass on Johnson if he is available

Post  cool breeze Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:06 pm

After watching the playoffs this year, it is clear to me that light weight small forwards will fail in playoff situations. One of the problems Stanley Johnson had this past season was the fact that he liked to play hard nosed basketball. That doesn't fit well with the politically correct style created by the brain trust who runs the PAC12. Johnson is really strong. He played every position in high school and won 4 state championships in California. The high school officials let players play more physical than the PAC12 refs. There is a lot of contact in the NBA. Who can guard Labron a the small forward position? For sure it won't be the foreign small forward that has received too much attention. He is a weak defender relating to light weight Euro players. Johnson, in my opinion is one tough guy who will not back down on defense. He also has a soft jump shot and can make shots with contact. And his driving ability is really good. I would say his weakness right now may be his 3 point shooting but I am sure he has been practicing his ass off in every area that he has weaknesses. I see no downside to Stanley Johnson and that is why I doubt he will be available at number 8. Damn it!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Two interesting items

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:19 pm

1. David Blatt is playing a thankless and necessary role for LeBron James - LeBron was really running the entire team!

2. Projecting The Top 50 Players In The 2015 NBA Draft Class - Star, starter, bust or role player? Here's the data!

FORUM - Page 30 Paine-bradshaw-nba-draft-model
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Thanks Oracle, I needed that

Post  deusXango Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:39 am

Oracle wrote:Or the available talent pool, but smart thinking can help!

I say go balls to the wall and try to get Tobias Harris to be our starting SF and draft Kaminsky, or...

Get DeMarre Carroll to start and draft Stanley Johnson to back him up!

Then all we need is a backup center/PF.

It's very clear that Aldridge nor Love are coming here, or SVG wouldn't have already spent 8M on a PF!
Spot on thinking as we near the finish line. No matter how many "smoke screens" are thrown up, this is logic being preached.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty LeBron's secret motivation ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:56 am

Bingo, Oracle! I believe you are correct, my man. I believe that LeBron wanted to prove that he, singularly, can win a title.

Wrong, LeBron. No man is an island. There is no "I" in team. And, no one single player can win an NBA Title.

LeBron really f@cked up when he said that "He was the best player in the world. Plain and simple" in response to a sports writer's question after the Game 5 lost.

Basketball is a team sport. There is no single player that is the best player in the world. And, if LeBron is the "Best Player in the World", then who are Iggy, Draymond Green, and Steph when they where driving pass his ass for dunks (Iggy and Draymond); or stripping the ball from his ass (Iggy); or blocking his shot at the rim (Draymond); or raising up over his ass from the arc (Steph).

No LeBron, you are not the "Best Player in the World". Basketball is not Mens'/Womens' Golf or Mens'/Womens' Tennis, where there are weekly, world rankings of golfers and tennis players. Golf and tennis are individual sports, where rankings are more valid. Not, basketball, a team sport.

Please, no more "Best Player in the World" sh!t ESPN and NBA TV!

Oracle wrote:Well, you might think that winning one for the winless city of Cleveland would be motivation enough, or even winning one after getting embarrassed by the Spurs in the finals(twice), but no, this reason runs a bit deeper!

Besides, you don't need to say that you won't announce what this motivation is unless you win, if those were the reasons. No, when that's the case, the reasons will make you look like a fool if you don't win because they're generally petty, get even type desires! So here's the secret!

The secret motivation is Pat Riley... here's why!

Riley believes that it was him that created the big 3, and it was from that innovation that the championships flowed. In short, it wasn't the greatness of LeBron, but the genius of Riley! So what he was really saying is that LeBron can't do it without Riley!

He has a minor point, LeBron obviously couldn't do it in Cleveland, but taking all of the credit is a bit much, IMO!

So when they lost to the Spurs, Riley delivered the final insult!

"This stuff is hard. And you got to stay together, if you've got the guts. And you don't find the first door and run out of it," Riley said. ... Positive that (Dwyane) Wade and (Chris) Bosh want to stay in Miami, Riley acknowledged James "has the right to do whatever he wants to do" and needs time to get away from basketball to consider his options. But Riley also said, "I didn't come down here 19 years ago for a quick trip to South Beach and a sun tan. ... I don't think they did either." - Riley(Pat Riley challenges LeBron James, Miami Heat players to have 'guts' to stay, gets strong reaction from Cleveland Cavaliers fans)

That might have been ignored if he hadn't called out their manhood, but he went there! And the part about cutting and running is RICH, because that's exactly what Riley asked LeBron to do when he was at Cleveland! But there's more...

"Riley's challenge isn't the only thing management did that peeved James in the last year. James was upset about the amnesty of his friend Mike Miller, which was done simply to lower luxury tax payments. The four-time MVP also reportedly wasn't crazy about some of head coach Erik Spoelstra's coaching decisions this year, especially in the Finals loss to San Antonio." - LeBron James reportedly didn't take Pat Riley's challenging press conference well

Unfortunately for LeBron, Riley seems to have won this round!

The curse AND the losing continues!

Last edited by Sebastian on Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Big thinking won't change the financials...

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:42 am

Or the available talent pool, but smart thinking can help!

I say go balls to the wall and try to get Tobias Harris to be our starting SF and draft Kaminsky, or...

Get DeMarre Carroll to start and draft Stanley Johnson to back him up!

Then all we need is a backup center/PF.

It's very clear that Aldridge nor Love are coming here, or SVG wouldn't have already spent 8M on a PF!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty LeBron won't tell you his secret motivation... but I will!

Post  Oracle Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:02 am

Well, you might think that winning one for the winless city of Cleveland would be motivation enough, or even winning one after getting embarrassed by the Spurs in the finals(twice), but no, this reason runs a bit deeper!

Besides, you don't need to say that you won't announce what this motivation is unless you win, if those were the reasons. No, when that's the case, the reasons will make you look like a fool if you don't win because they're generally petty, get even type desires! So here's the secret!

The secret motivation is Pat Riley... here's why!

Riley believes that it was him that created the big 3, and it was from that innovation that the championships flowed. In short, it wasn't the greatness of LeBron, but the genius of Riley! So what he was really saying is that LeBron can't do it without Riley!

He has a minor point, LeBron obviously couldn't do it in Cleveland, but taking all of the credit is a bit much, IMO!

So when they lost to the Spurs, Riley delivered the final insult!

"This stuff is hard. And you got to stay together, if you've got the guts. And you don't find the first door and run out of it," Riley said. ... Positive that (Dwyane) Wade and (Chris) Bosh want to stay in Miami, Riley acknowledged James "has the right to do whatever he wants to do" and needs time to get away from basketball to consider his options. But Riley also said, "I didn't come down here 19 years ago for a quick trip to South Beach and a sun tan. ... I don't think they did either." - Riley(Pat Riley challenges LeBron James, Miami Heat players to have 'guts' to stay, gets strong reaction from Cleveland Cavaliers fans)

That might have been ignored if he hadn't called out their manhood, but he went there! And the part about cutting and running is RICH, because that's exactly what Riley asked LeBron to do when he was at Cleveland! But there's more...

"Riley's challenge isn't the only thing management did that peeved James in the last year. James was upset about the amnesty of his friend Mike Miller, which was done simply to lower luxury tax payments. The four-time MVP also reportedly wasn't crazy about some of head coach Erik Spoelstra's coaching decisions this year, especially in the Finals loss to San Antonio." - LeBron James reportedly didn't take Pat Riley's challenging press conference well

Unfortunately for LeBron, Riley seems to have won this round!

The curse AND the losing continues!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty BIG THINKING IS NEEDED NOW

Post  WTF Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:25 pm

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:"Think about the Lakers Aldridge and Love could be playing on the Lakers next season with a refreshed Kobe and whoever the hell they drafted, NY could be in the process of these same type of moves as well. IMO SVG should be screwing around with this dumb waiting games of players potentially turning in to things they've never been before."

Wise...I hear you and agree with you.  I don't have any pretenses that Ilyasova or Carroll will turn into superstars or even all stars.  The best we ccould hope for out of Ilyasova and Carroll is that they continue to be good or very good starters.  They will likely never be all stars, and we'll likely never win a championship with them.

But I just can't see guys like Aldridge and Love ever signing in Detroit.  There's a reason the Lakers have won so many championships.  Superstars want to play in LA.

So until SVG can land a star, the best we can hope for is to improve our record and make the playoffs for the first time in 7 years.

Where'd those championships the Pistons have come from? The only flashy super star/all-stars we've had are Isiah Thomas and Grant Hill, and only one of them was apart of a championship team, but both were drafted by Detroit; we've always been a team of hard working, hard nosed players, with something to prove and that something was, "we can play this damn game and win!!!!" Doubters beware of what Drummond, Jackson, KCP, Ilyasova, and this years #8 will be about in a couple of years.

This is a new day in Pistons Land and the new sheriff in town is not "standing pat" like the old dog we had, who watched the team fall down all around him, but is proactive in all phases of the game; we're not used to what's going on now. Wouldn't it be something if Aldridge DID sign with Detroit and Ilyasova was his backup? We can't imagine that because we've already got Tolliver penciled in as a rotational player....a damn bench player makes more sense than a legit starter? I hold this team and city in higher esteem than that, and don't really care how many lineup in opposition to that.

DX I can hear this same song and dance in 2 more season about waiting for the the likes of some of these player to make some kind of impact. If KCP turns into AA this coming season then I'm pleased but I don't see it happening and I'm not even asking him to be a Dumars. Jackson is not the second coming of Chauncey and Ilyasova isn't a Memo Okur yet along a Resheed Wallace. I'll give you Drummond but we greatly increase our imagination as we quickly lower our expectations when it comes to some players.

I believe money will, and the team history of winning can have some impact in landing better players. Players like Love and Aldridge just don't want to be hanger on's to the coat-tails of a super star player. Love wants to make his place in the league and might be intrigued with playing along side Drummond and the same with Aldridge so it's possible.

The reason why a bold move is needed now rather than later is that if in 3 seasons we're not contending SVG could be on his way out the door and especially with the possibility these team may be playing Downtown by then. He needs to make a splash now because we could easily be looking at a new GM and coach by then and be right back with the wait and see stuff being said today. Gores is not Davison and he going to want a winner a lot sooner than what's being the normal process. 12 years since the last title 7 years since the team been relevant. The Teals Years been more exciting then this team.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Its Not Me.....

Post  WTF Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Doing the comparing it's the damn media and all the other talking heads and other fans that I run into everywhere I turn. I can honestly say without hesitation Lebron is no MJ or a lot of others. But it bothers me to no end to hear others in those conversation or to even find myself in the midst of a James-Jordan Debate.

I too believe and have always believed Kobe to be the closet thing to MJ or any other Past NBA Great simply because Kobe did every thing MJ like except win 6 straight NBA titles. But Kobe not only copy Jordan's style he copied his passion and desire to win along with the killer instincts that many of the NBA Greats had. IMO this seperates Lebron from all of them but then again this seperates most of today's players from them.

I'm a Pistons Fan First and I just recently became a casual fan of Lebron, last night I found myself defending Lebron from a lot of a lot of Lebron Haters who were happy to see the guy lose. I had to remind them that people including them use to talk about Jordan in the same manner but quickly defend Jordan in those comparisons. I cracked up how they were so quick to take Lebron comments about being the greatest in the world and flip it to being the greatest ever when he didn't imply such. They claimed that no players have ever done that before and I had to say STFU! Kobe did all the time and still does, Shaq did it and so did many others.

I'm not on the Lebron bandwagon and will never be but damn they need to give this boys his due but they need to also stop mentioning this dude in conversations that include MJ or any others. One clown said Curry was better than Lebron........
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next