Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Halftime highlights incredible for the BAD BOYS

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:49 pm

It is no wonder that so many of us Pistons fans are pissed off with this group of Piston players who fake playing basketball. I will keep this last game for awhile to watch the highlights at halftime from another era where we fans really did have something special. What struck me with some of the old game film was how hard both Dumars and Thomas played on defense. That one moment when Zeke jumps higher than Michael Jordan and grabs the basketball from him is really special. I loved that special defense they created for Jordan. This is such a contract to the way our current guards play defense. They give very little effort and actually step out of the way to avoid contact. It is amazing that players like Cheeks would want to coach some of the current players in the NBA and especially on this Piston team. How could Joe Dumars not notice what was missing from the men  he has signed? That is amazing to me.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Laimbeer's comments were so meaningful

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:21 pm

First off I loved the fact that Laimbeer brought up the horrible call in the LA series that prevented the Pistons from winning 3 championships. but the following is one of the best statements that I have ever read in a long time. 

"We kept growing, were extremely fun to watch, had personalities you could attach yourself to no matter who you were".

How in hell can the people who love the Pistons attach themselves to players like Josh Smith, Rodney Stuckey, Will Bynum, or Charlie V? I could bond with Trey Burke but am not likely to get many goose bumps from watching KCP. Our big men do not have the same spirit as Bill Laimbeer yet. Are they smart enough to even try to develop into something special? For example I have not seen any improvement in Drummond's defensive game over the past 2 or 3 months. Same is true with Monroe. I like that Kentucky player listed as the Pistons number on draft pick in NBADRAFTNET.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Oracle wrote:3 of the 8 are big ten teams, with 2 from the great state of Michigan!

A chance to place 3 teams in the final 4 is easily possible!

What I love about all 3 is that they can all play Bully Ball! Their all tough, and they play that way!

I'm just loving this final four action!!!
Oracle if you have been watching all of the games, then you would have noticed that there are a lot of other teams not in the Big 10 that play really physical. San Diego State-Arizona game = Kentucky-Louisville=or how about North Dakota State-Oklahoma which was an overtime game where two players from North Dakota State had blook streaming from their faces but never came out of the game. This has been overall one of the best NCAA tournaments that I have ever seen where a team can never count on winning even when you have a 6 to 8 point lead with one minute to play. And notice how many teams from all over the country play solid defense with extreme energy. I wonder if our Piston players are watching and learning from the college guys. And take a look at NBADRAFTNET where the Pistons are listed as taking that key Kentucky big man in the draft. Draft a potential super star and sign some experienced vet shooters. But will Piston management blow this chance to get a really good player in the draft? Will they go all out to beat Philly or declare that this is the time to play their rookies for the rest of the season? Only a moron would not do that.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty WHY WILL BYNUM SHOULDN"T BE PLAYING AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:45 pm

If any of you still have the tape of last night's game please go to the 6 minute 26 second mark of the 2nd quarter. Detroit is playing defense and Cole has the basketball. Anderson pops out and sets a weak high screen on Bynum. However, there is a large gap left where even a huge player could get around that screen with just minimum effort. Instead Bynum stops without even trying to get in front of Cole. Cole drives to the hoop and Anderson rolls. Drummond tries to block Cole's shot and Jerebco who has been guarding the Miami player standing on the 3 point line one the opposite baseline works hard to get position to block out Anderson but Anderson is already in prime position and rebounds the miss and makes an easy tip in. How in hell can this Piston coach not see why Miami scored so easily and who in hell would be playing a guy who didn''t even try to guard his man. I see this stuff by the same players game after game but the coach must not care. He has his rotation and guys like Bynum are in it. There is no way that Siva would play defense like that. No team can ever be a winner if you have players like Bynum who stink it up on the defensive end. This is what creates bad chemistry. This new coach is all part of the chemistry problem. If you score 30 points and play defense like Bynum and sometimes Stuckey, then those points do not matter or help the team in any way. The reason for it is that other players who do work hard on defense and believe in team first sacrifice, will never have respect for players like Will Bynum. Will obviously is very politically active with the decision makers in this Piston organization. How can we have any respect for them???? The proof is in the game film. Nobody can change that. Please respond Piston coaching staff. 

It is past time when the Pistons should be playing all of the rookies extended minutes. Why is this not happening??? Why does any fan care about this team if the coaching staff and front office doesn't care what is going on during the games? Mrt. Gores if you do read stuff from this forum, please take a look at your player Will Bynum play defense at that point in the game when the game was close.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Big 10 teams

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:47 pm

3 of the 8 are big ten teams, with 2 from the great state of Michigan!

A chance to place 3 teams in the final 4 is easily possible!

What I love about all 3 is that they can all play Bully Ball! Their all tough, and they play that way!

I'm just loving this final four action!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Damn right!

Post  Sebastian Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:17 am

MOOSEFAN wrote:Okay I want this team to lose every single game but dang you couldn't even put up a respectable fight while the Palace was filled with former Pistons Champions, iconic basketball figures, and Pistons legends.  I mean seriously they should have been pumped with two 2004 Champions sitting on their bench and having the Bad Boys in the house.  There was Dave Bing sitting in the house and a Fab Five phenom Jalen Rose and nothing inspired these current clowns to put up a real fight.  

I'm not sure if any of these players attend the charity event which I think they all should have so they could here them talk about what it took to be winners. Imagine Josh chatting it up with Salley asking him how he and Rodman did it, imagine Zeke lending his ear and offering knowledge to an inquiring Jennings, imagine Moose and Andre sitting there with Bill and Edwards.

This current squad sucks! sucks! sucks! They're like Snakes on the Plane and I'm Samuel L Jackson and I'm sick and tired of all these Mutha Fu@king snakes (players) on this Mutha Fu@kin plane! (team)  

Every time they come out on the court it reminds me of that scene from Armageddon when they're walking through the hanger and one of the shuttle pilots say's "Talk about the wrong stuff"

Sho' you right, Moosefan! These motherfuckers ain't ****! And, watch Philly end there streak tonight against OUR Pistons. This has been the most disappointing season of the last 6 or 7 seasons. mad 
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The Wrong Stuff!!!

Post  WTF Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:14 am

Okay I want this team to lose every single game but dang you couldn't even put up a respectable fight while the Palace was filled with former Pistons Champions, iconic basketball figures, and Pistons legends.  I mean seriously they should have been pumped with two 2004 Champions sitting on their bench and having the Bad Boys in the house.  There was Dave Bing sitting in the house and a Fab Five phenom Jalen Rose and nothing inspired these current clowns to put up a real fight.  

I'm not sure if any of these players attend the charity event which I think they all should have so they could here them talk about what it took to be winners. Imagine Josh chatting it up with Salley asking him how he and Rodman did it, imagine Zeke lending his ear and offering knowledge to an inquiring Jennings, imagine Moose and Andre sitting there with Bill and Edwards.

This current squad sucks! sucks! sucks! They're like Snakes on the Plane and I'm Samuel L Jackson and I'm sick and tired of all these Mutha Fu@king snakes (players) on this Mutha Fu@kin plane! (team)  

Every time they come out on the court it reminds me of that scene from Armageddon when they're walking through the hanger and one of the shuttle pilots say's "Talk about the wrong stuff"
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Also ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:57 am

Sissy1946 wrote:
cool breeze wrote:Is there any truth to a rumor that I heard that both Zeke and Laimbeer will be hired this summer. I assume that I. Thomas will be the new GM and Laimbeer the head coach. But what if Zeke is the new coach? Whatever position our best player of all time does will bring good luck to the Detroit Pistons. I like Zeke's coaching style. He is a leader and can communicate well with players. My wish is that he would agree to coach the team rather than sit in the front office. But I will be happy if both Laimbeer and Zeke are making future decisions for the Pistons. It appears that Mr. Gores wants these guys to be involved. If so, then way to go Pistons owner.
.  Yeah Cool Breeze I've been spreading that on all the sites, wouldn't that be a hoot? Am also spreading the rumor that instead of Gores letting Joe resign he's going to re-up him to another front office job that has no firing privileges & also tell him he's going to work with Isaih as GM & Laimbeer as the new coach which should have been done long ago except for Joe's stubbornness.
Now if we add Vinny as an assistant coach we'd have a nucleus of guys that know how to win
Was a great great half-time show but an embarrassment to all piston players & their fans after the 2nd half, just plain fugly, now Gores knows what he has to do to save this franchise so get to it Tom.

What about when Zeke said that he wasn't the only leader, rather that every member (8-man rotation) of that roster was a leader, too.

And, did anyone see Zeke almost crying before he took the floor.

I agree, Gores need to add Zeke and Laimbeer to the staff. I'd go as far as to also fan a greater role for Mahorn.

The Pistons culture needs to be restored and re-instituted into the organization. It'll help bring back the fans.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Isaiah & Laimbeer Sign with Pistons

Post  Sissy1946 Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:01 am

cool breeze wrote:Is there any truth to a rumor that I heard that both Zeke and Laimbeer will be hired this summer. I assume that I. Thomas will be the new GM and Laimbeer the head coach. But what if Zeke is the new coach? Whatever position our best player of all time does will bring good luck to the Detroit Pistons. I like Zeke's coaching style. He is a leader and can communicate well with players. My wish is that he would agree to coach the team rather than sit in the front office. But I will be happy if both Laimbeer and Zeke are making future decisions for the Pistons. It appears that Mr. Gores wants these guys to be involved. If so, then way to go Pistons owner.
.  Yeah Cool Breeze I've been spreading that on all the sites, wouldn't that be a hoot? Am also spreading the rumor that instead of Gores letting Joe resign he's going to re-up him to another front office job that has no firing privileges & also tell him he's going to work with Isaih as GM & Laimbeer as the new coach which should have been done long ago except for Joe's stubbornness.
Now if we add Vinny as an assistant coach we'd have a nucleus of guys that know how to win
Was a great great half-time show but an embarrassment to all piston players & their fans after the 2nd half, just plain fugly, now Gores knows what he has to do to save this franchise so get to it Tom.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty GO BIG 10!

Post  WTF Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:50 am

Yes we have three Big 10 team in the Elite 8 that say's a lot about the conference. Badgers, Spartans and Wolverines all seem to be nasty little creatures at the moment. Man could you imagine the HYPE if Spartans and Wolverine faced off in the Finals

Sparma, they do this ever game it seems play almost flawless basketball in the 1st half building just enough of a lead to hold on in the second half to win. GO BLUE!

Oracle, Man I was falling into a deep depression in last 5 minutes, I just knew they were done for until Morgan to that charge with 6 seconds left.

In other basketball news thank you Miami for spanking that ASS royally hopefully Sixers break their string of losses tonight  hehe 

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Nailbiter

Post  Sparma Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Beautiful ball movement in the first half by Michigan. I kept wishing that the Pistons could play like that. Part of it comes from being such a threat from 3, which won't happen any time soon for the Pistons. Then things tightened up (well into the second half) and it was a great relief to see that final misheave finish up the game.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Michigan

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:31 pm

Wow, I had  3 or 4 changes of shorts in the last 5 minutes!

Those chumps kept turning it over and couldn't inbound a ball to save their lives!

Fortunately they pulled it out 73-71(and believe it or not, it was a lot closer than the final score!), but it never should have been that close!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty 25th Anniversity of the '88-'89 Championship Team ...

Post  Sebastian Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:58 pm

Fennis Dembo is alive! And, where in the hell was Rodman. He can go to North Korea, but can't make it to Auburn Hills.

I don't have the time to look it up, but I bet you that the single '88-'89 total team salary was less than any three of OUR currently top earning salaries: Josh, Stuckey, and Charlie V. Smith plays hard sometimes, but not all the time. Stuckey, he's still my boy, but Stuckey plays at about a 25%-level of effort per his average 28-32 minutes per game, and Charlie V. never plays, much less plays hard.

Just an observation.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Game Strategy

Post  Fennis Dembo Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:53 pm

How about every time Smith misses a three pointer tonight Mahorn and Laimbeer rough him up at the next timeout? All in favor say aye.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Dumars

Post  Sparma Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:16 pm

I agree, Oracle, that it's time for Joe to go. Maybe he can stay in an honorary capacity, until he finds another fulltime gig.

It's interesting, Moose, that in a number of cases you're criticizing what happened later, which is fair enough in several cases. I do give him plenty of credit for good second round drafting, even if folks like Amir left.

I'd rather have Calderon than Jennings, especially if we'd drafted MCW to go alongside him, keeping Knight (off the bench) and Middleton as well. As talented as he is, Jennings looks like he might be the career antidote to a team being good. Some guys just drag a team down, even if they're good/ talented individually. Maybe he'd be fine in a limited role off the bench. (btw, I see Josh Smith differently -- put him on a well-coached team like San Antonio, curbing his bad habits, and he'd be a nice contributor).

I'm surprised by your reaction concerning Chauncey, Moose. I do think at the time of signing Dumars expected more out of him as player, which was a mistake, but it was still a classy move.

Also, I'm a bit surprised you didn't go after a number of things being off the court, like media relations. As I thought about it, it dawned on me that a lot of his contribution has been to the image and smooth functioning of the team away from the court. Once he's replaced, I think we'll have a fuller realization that that's no small matter.

Go Blue!

MOOSEFAN wrote:
Sparma wrote:O.K., Moose, here we go with the controversy:
11) Building an outstanding bench pre-Championship in The Alternators (it does drive me crazy he wasn't able to replicate that from the Championship year forward).
12) Maintaining good relations with William Davidson, even when he bumped a really good coach in Carlisle.
13) Remaining polite concerning Karen Davidson, although I'm convinced she undercut him on a Boozer deal that would have left the roster in better shape.
14) Providing stability and continuity.  I think this contributed, for example, to Arnie Kander, an ace in the hole, staying in place during his prime years.
Drafting well, on the whole.  I going to break that down into a few things.
15) Not screwing up when it came time to draft Monroe and Drummond (no big props there beyond a replacement level GM, but still ...) Far Reaching
16) Good middle 1st round pick in Stuckey (not a Stuckey fan, but good pick at #15). He screwed his career up
17) Some good late 1st round pick, like Carlos Delfino and Afflalo (I know, I know). He traded them all away
18) A strong run of 2nd round picks.  I'm guessing Joe's record's significantly better than his peers here: Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko, Kyle Singler, Kris Middleton. True but has been unable to capitalize on their talents and traded 2 away
19) The Alex Acker trade in which we ended getting a pick for a long defunct player.
20) Being the face of the franchise.  The Pistons have been a brand long after we could have joined the Milwaukee's of the league in terms of level of profile.  He's a classy and articulate guy.
21) Solid media relations over the years (until the end, when he's disappeared).
22) Signing Josh Smith.  The roster's imbalance is crazy, but I still think that gathering talented players during a rebuilding period makes sense (doesn't mean I don't despise the Gordon trade which made the signing possible).
23) Admitting mistakes and attempting to rectify them (the latter with decreasing success in recent years).
24) Resigning Chauncey.  An admirable reconciliation, even though it's had negligible impact on the floor.  Chauncey's future with the team will be interesting to watch. Really Reaching
25) Maintaining good relations with players (sometimes maybe too good, with coaches being undercut).
And, going over: 26) I liked the Jose Calderon trade, even though it didn't pan out as hoped.  We experimented with a genuine playmaker, laying the foundation for keeping him in Detroit, even though that didn't happen in the end. He let him walk who you rather have Jennings or Jose?
27) Coordinating strong front offices over the years, including John Hammond in early years and the numbers crunching Ken Catanella.  

I could red flag a few more of these
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty HEY FENNIS

Post  WTF Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:14 pm

What's your take on this do you have any un-named sources that could shade some light on this subject?

I'm sure there be some offer the record discussions between the three of those guys. Zeke and Bill won't disclose anything and they shouldn't but I have a feeling that at least one of them will be around next season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Stuff

Post  Oracle Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:12 pm

@Wise - Stunningly inconsistent grading of Joe! He can't get full credit for stuff we don't like and then get partial credit for stuff that works!

Like any GM, he's been good and bad, and like anything else in life, he came with an expiration date. Nothing more, it's just time to move on without too much excessive trashing, although some good jokes are within reach  lol 

@Lemonpen - A couple of good posts! I agree, Jennings stinks, but the reality is that we won't find a PG in the draft that's better, and it's hard to give up totally on a young 4 year player. While he has better PG skills than Knight, he's simply not as good a player as Knight, while the difference is small right now, unfortunately it's on both sides of the ball.

IMO, we need to pay Moose the cash! I also agree that the 3 bigs is not failed, it's the guard situation that's failed! If the guards could spread the floor, those bigs will feast all night long! We're already the most potent team in the NBA in the paint, just imagine if the threat of the deep ball existed!

@Sparma - IMO, Joe has more good on his side than bad, it's just that the bad has been happening lately. That being said, it's time for him to go, we need fresh blood in the organization and a new start!

@Don & others - I really would kill to have Laimbeer as coach and Zeke as GM! Zeke has an excellent eye for talent, and would stock us well, and Laimbeer simply won't take any stuff and will require a more dedicated effort from everyone! Don doesn't believe it but players perform better when they have to face a coach that will cut them up when they make mistakes(Larry Brown)! Fearing the coach on the sidelines makes a difference!

Stuckey: If we're going to let Stuckey walk, then we're going to need a slasher from somewhere! If we can't find one, I wouldn't object to signing Stuckey to a reasonable 3 year contract, hopefully around the MLE level. If he can do better, more power to him!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty A Little Far Reaching Sparma

Post  WTF Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:04 pm

Sparma wrote:O.K., Moose, here we go with the controversy:
11) Building an outstanding bench pre-Championship in The Alternators (it does drive me crazy he wasn't able to replicate that from the Championship year forward).
12) Maintaining good relations with William Davidson, even when he bumped a really good coach in Carlisle.
13) Remaining polite concerning Karen Davidson, although I'm convinced she undercut him on a Boozer deal that would have left the roster in better shape.
14) Providing stability and continuity.  I think this contributed, for example, to Arnie Kander, an ace in the hole, staying in place during his prime years.
Drafting well, on the whole.  I going to break that down into a few things.
15) Not screwing up when it came time to draft Monroe and Drummond (no big props there beyond a replacement level GM, but still ...) Far Reaching
16) Good middle 1st round pick in Stuckey (not a Stuckey fan, but good pick at #15). He screwed his career up
17) Some good late 1st round pick, like Carlos Delfino and Afflalo (I know, I know). He traded them all away
18) A strong run of 2nd round picks.  I'm guessing Joe's record's significantly better than his peers here: Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko, Kyle Singler, Kris Middleton. True but has been unable to capitalize on their talents and traded 2 away
19) The Alex Acker trade in which we ended getting a pick for a long defunct player.
20) Being the face of the franchise.  The Pistons have been a brand long after we could have joined the Milwaukee's of the league in terms of level of profile.  He's a classy and articulate guy.
21) Solid media relations over the years (until the end, when he's disappeared).
22) Signing Josh Smith.  The roster's imbalance is crazy, but I still think that gathering talented players during a rebuilding period makes sense (doesn't mean I don't despise the Gordon trade which made the signing possible).
23) Admitting mistakes and attempting to rectify them (the latter with decreasing success in recent years).
24) Resigning Chauncey.  An admirable reconciliation, even though it's had negligible impact on the floor.  Chauncey's future with the team will be interesting to watch. Really Reaching
25) Maintaining good relations with players (sometimes maybe too good, with coaches being undercut).
And, going over: 26) I liked the Jose Calderon trade, even though it didn't pan out as hoped.  We experimented with a genuine playmaker, laying the foundation for keeping him in Detroit, even though that didn't happen in the end. He let him walk who you rather have Jennings or Jose?
27) Coordinating strong front offices over the years, including John Hammond in early years and the numbers crunching Ken Catanella.  

I could red flag a few more of these
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Is it possible that two new Bad Boys will be heavily involved with the Pistons next season???

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:48 pm

Is there any truth to a rumor that I heard that both Zeke and Laimbeer will be hired this summer. I assume that I. Thomas will be the new GM and Laimbeer the head coach. But what if Zeke is the new coach? Whatever position our best player of all time does will bring good luck to the Detroit Pistons. I like Zeke's coaching style. He is a leader and can communicate well with players. My wish is that he would agree to coach the team rather than sit in the front office. But I will be happy if both Laimbeer and Zeke are making future decisions for the Pistons. It appears that Mr. Gores wants these guys to be involved. If so, then way to go Pistons owner.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Dumars: Moving Beyond 10

Post  Sparma Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:26 pm

O.K., Moose, here we go with the controversy:
14) Providing stability and continuity. I think this contributed, for example, to Arnie Kander, an ace in the hole, staying in place during his prime years.
Drafting well, on the whole. I going to break that down into a few things.
15) Not screwing up when it came time to draft Monroe and Drummond (no big props there beyond a replacement level GM, but still ...)
16) Good middle 1st round pick in Stuckey (not a Stuckey fan, but good pick at #15).
17) Some good late 1st round pick, like Carlos Delfino and Afflalo (I know, I know).
18) A strong run of 2nd round picks. I'm guessing Joe's record's significantly better than his peers here: Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko, Kyle Singler, Kris Middleton.
20) Being the face of the franchise. The Pistons have been a brand long after we could have joined the Milwaukee's of the league in terms of level of profile. He's a classy and articulate guy.
22) Signing Josh Smith. The roster's imbalance is crazy, but I still think that gathering talented players during a rebuilding period makes sense (doesn't mean I don't despise the Gordon trade which made the signing possible).
24) Resigning Chauncey. An admirable reconciliation, even though it's had negligible impact on the floor. Chauncey's future with the team will be interesting to watch.
And, going over: 26) I liked the Jose Calderon trade, even though it didn't pan out as hoped. We experimented with a genuine playmaker, laying the foundation for keeping him in Detroit, even though that didn't happen in the end.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Feeling Kind of Homerish

Post  lemonpen Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:00 pm

I like the potential that Jennings offers. With that said, dude needs work but IMO is salvageable. I wouldn't dump him for a replacement until said replacement is proven here or very proven elsewhere.

Pay Moose the $$$. His youth and still expanding offensive game will continue to be attractive to others if unloading becomes a necessity later on.

I have moments of wanting to unload Smith in a heartbeat but, until then I want to continue exploring this 3-Big concept. Another off season will improve Dre & Moose. Hopefully we get a dynamic stud SG.

If KCP could develop a bulletproof stroke to go along with the D we would have something. Otherwise I gotta question whether he belongs.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it. I want Laimbeer to coach this mess now more than ever.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Foul......Toss the Yellow Flag

Post  lemonpen Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:30 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:
Sparma wrote:I've been a longterm fan of Dumars, but that's an impressive list, Wise.

In fairness Sparma I do a list of Good moves but many I can only give him partial credit on them because he either had help or went on to screw it up.

1. Hiring Rick C. full credit
2. Replacing Rick with LB full credit
3. Trading for Rasheed partial credit becuase Joe would not have pulled that trigger if not for LB insistence.
4. Sign and trade to acquire Big Ben and Chuckie only partial credit because Grant was gone either way and he and Orlando threw Joe this bone.
5. Reviving Dice's career full credit
6. Trading Rip for Stackhouse full credit
7. Drafting Tayshuan Prince partial credit because this also influence Joe passing on Carmelo
8. Drafting Stuckey partial credit because he jack this kid career up
9. Hiring Flip partial credit for scapegoating him later
10. Winning Championship 2004 partial credit because he never saw it coming until it was in his lap.

Seriously I can't see anything beyond these 10 things listed.  While you can get faulted for screwing up a lottery pick (Darko) you can't get credit for no brainer lottery picks like (Drummond and Monroe).  Winning the title was huge but also negated by all the dumb sh!t that followed it.

I guarandamnteeyou NOT drafting Dre or Moose would have shown up near the top of the f'up list.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Yeah But ....

Post  lemonpen Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:Looking at some of the photos from the charity event and not a single one of them with Fat Joe among his former team mates because he's obviously ducking the media.   Man Gores looks so happy in those photos with Zeke and Bill.  tb 

In honor of the 25th Reunion let me see if I can up with 25 Dumars Fu@k Up!  hehe 

1.  Darko instead of Carmelo, Wade or Bosh
2.  Cleaves
3.  Rodney White
4.  AI
5.  Ben Gordon when he already had Rip and Stuckey at SG.
6.  Charlie V
7.  Micheal Curry his fault
8.  John Kuester his fault again
9.  Lawrence Frank not all his fault
10.Trading CB to get AI
11.Trading Affalo just because
12.Allowing Big Ben to sign with Bulls
13.Drafting Knight when he shouldn't have
14.Trading Knight and Middleton for Jennings confirming he shouldn't have and making it worse in signing Jennings
15.Passing on Kemba Walker to draft Knight who he traded away for Jennings
16.Passing on Ty Lawson because Austin Daye was a 6'11 SG
17.Destroyed Stuckey in so many ways I can't count them all
18.Ruining Rip by defaming him
19.Passing on Burke because he needed a shooter more so he drafted a score duh!
20.Passing on MCW see passing on Burke
21.Resigning Bynum because he picks his Krispy Kremes up on the way in
22.Scapegoating Flip to save his own ass
23.Standing pat for 8 straight trade deadlines because he's a coward
24.Not amnestying Charlie fu@k if any of us would know
25.Becoming a Fat Ass from sitting on his ass doing nothing since winning title in 2004.  

The only one that truly matters is the #1. There is a high probability that everything would have turned out differently had we taken Carmelo, Wade or Bosh.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Good article in the Detroit News today relating to Zeke

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Terry Foster did a good job especially suggested that none of the fans have a nasty reaction when Joe Dumars is introduced. Obviously Dumars is loved as a player. He also gets credit for being the GM for a NBA Championship team. One last good thing Joe could do right now is insist that the coach play the rookies and try to lose the remaining games.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:28 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:"When I think about the Pistons situation at point guard, I can't help but be slightly miffed. Like scores of Pistons fans out there, I really thought that Trey Burke was the ideal player to plug into Detroit. 
Burke showed last year, especially during the NCAA Tournament, that he could really be a Godsend for offensively challenged yet athletic big men. Burke made Mitch McGary look like Patrick Ewing during March Madness, and had McGary opted for the pros, he would have likely been a borderline lottery pick." - What Detroit Pistons Roster Should Look Like When Building Around Andre Drummond

I've only been screaming these things all season long from trading Monroe at the trade deadline although there are possible options in a sign and trade they could also just possibly loose him without being compensated.  Truth is Monroe will get a Max Offer and the Pistons will be fools to match based on the potential that he and Andre can co-exist in the front-court.  No way we pay him a Max Deal and bring him off the bench.  

No matter how you cut it Singler is not a starter he's a role player. I get it that he's the most fundamentally sound player on the roster but that don't make him physically capable to spend starter minutes at either the SG or SF.  We should be giving Mitchell serious minutes at SF to see what we have with him.  The same should be said about Siva before we write him off as being incapable.

I agree and disagree on the Josh assessment.  The guy has played PF since entering the league and been effective in doing some. He can't shoot for sh!t outside but by all accounts he's a better option at PF than Monroe.  You don't average 18 and 8 on a whim! IMO Josh wasn't put in the right position to excel here or in Atlanta this IMO has been a result of coaching and PG play.

I also been on the Nik Stauskas SG bandwagon as well as McDermot SF and think the Pistons would be fools if they pass on either if available because these are sure bets.  Stauskas could be in the Final Four after this weekend, he's the Big 10 MVP and best shooter in the NCAA.

I don't think things are hopeless because they will have plenty of cap space and enough 1 year contracts to pull off some things even if they can't dumb Jennings contract which isn't enormous so he's not completely un-tradeable.  But like I said team need to stop waiting for sh!t to fix itself and get the piece that will work and not the piece we hope will one day work.  Let Moose go, move Josh to PF, draft Stauskas or MeDermot and make a trade to get Affalo back and sway the Bosh deal.  

There is an option at the SG but this requires them taking the cuffs of KCP and giving him the green light to do what he does best and that is score. But after reading his comments a few days ago about feeling he met his goals I'm not sure I want him on the team.  
We need a GM who has lot so solid contacts with college basketball coaches to help in the selection process of future draft choices. The coaches know who is good and who has a lot of weaknesses. For example NBADRAFTNET has players like Zach LaVine going in the first round this year at number 12 ahead of Arron Gordon listed at the 15th spot. CJ Wilcox, Fair, and Nick Johnson are listed by this source as going early in the 2nd round. Their choices in the first round are insane. If Chicago gets Gordon, he will really fit in with their style of playing really smart hard nosed basketball. Detroit could use players like that. My gut feeling after watching a lot of college games is that Parker, Embid, Wiggins and Smart are extremely overrated and will struggle for awhile in the NBA. Yet they are listed at the top of the draft board. And for LaVine, this guy did not stand out at all at UCLA this season. He was really not one of their key players. Many so called draft experts must think like Joe Dumars. Base everything on hype rather than what players really do for their college team. Which players on the college teams are selected game in and game out to be their clutch scorer in crunch time. Who is selected to guard the oppositions best offensive player? Who is a play maker? Which players get deflections on defense that lead to turnovers and fast break points???? Many of the players listed at the top of draft boards this season have the same thing in common. Their college coach had to hide them on defense because they were inferior defenders. Does that remind anyone of Austin Daye Joe's number one draft pick? Joe never bothered to make contact with his coach Mark Few who would have told Joe that Austin was not ready to enter the draft. But it also has to be true that Joe Dumars must have never even watched Daye play a college game because it was extremely clear to me that Daye was not NBA material when he entered the draft. Perhaps Mr. Gores is finally figuring out that his highly paid staff is guilty of the biggest sin of all - LAZY WORK ETHICS. Notice these college basketball programs you have seen in this year's NCAA Tournament. All the coaches are working their asses off including the assistant coaches and the teams support staffs. They are all on the same program win or lose. We have a detached management team with the Pistons. This Piston team has NO IDENTITY. We can't feel their spirit. Everything starts in the front office. We have had a GM who has been hiding for several years. Where was he when that lousy team decided to skip that pre game practice in Toronto? Where is he when times are tough? Oh I forgot, Joe was on the phone trying to make deals like signing Will Bynum to a new two year contract.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next