Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty "Greg Monroe disturbed by Pistons' lack of effort"

Post  WTF Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:20 am

Really? From the most inconsistent laziest player on the team say's that "it hurts" Man you should never open your mouth to say anything but I'm sorry to all the fans that think your ass need to be resigned this summer.

I know, I know I just won't quit with the his ass need to be traded rants, but its true. I understand that many of you won't let go of the idea that he could be potentially an All Star in this league and on this team. But you have to ask yourself why it hasn't happen? Some want to point to our sh!tty guard play and to a small degree that true but that doesn't explain away his sh!t poor effort on defense, his laziness on both ends of the floor, and lack of a mid-range shot. These things effects his own game more than our guard play does and has more of an adverse effect on the rest of the team.

If Moose kept his ass out of the painted area than both Josh and Andre could effectively dominate that area on the offensive end but he can't be a consistent threat from 10 feet out. If he could do this and granted we do have some dumb ass guards but if Moose could do this he becomes the option and not Josh. Even worse he is so freaking lazy that he virtually stand still entire games and never really present himself as an go to option. If he to be paid a Max Deal then he needs to act like a Max Deal player and those time of players do all the things required to win games, whatever it takes they certainly aren't lazy f@cks.

Trade his ass and balance out this roster please.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Opening Night?

Post  Sparma Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:54 pm

With Cleveland's win, Detroit near to clinching the 8th worst spot. I do see them beating Milwaukee. Still a sizeable chance of being bumped by a better team moving into a top 3 spot, so I'll feel much better if Sacramento or maybe another team can pass them.

Great season by Michigan. You called their tendency to start fast, then fade, Moose. And isn't this the 4th win in a row by Kentucky on a comeback? Bad combination. Still, I didn't think much of how Kentucky ran their play with 27 seconds left, but the low percentage shot looked smooth as it was being released. Not sure who all will be at UM next year.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Okay I'll Give Him Props On This One

Post  WTF Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:14 pm

Oracle wrote:Ok, it wasn't done on Jordan, but he blocked Birdman at the rim!

I tell you, Joe is just a bad judge of character!

He dumped Afflalo who worked like a dog, and Knight is the same way. Both high character guys that just keep coming, and Joe gets trash in return... sick!

FORUM - Page 34 HandmadeDarlingAmericankestrel

Full Article - Brandon Knight Excorcises DJ Demons With Block Of Birdman

Nice!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Clown Town or Dunceville Doesn't Matter

Post  WTF Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:12 pm

Okay I keep reading all the comments about the Lowly Pistons and I agree they are lowly but they need to stop talking around it be more specific and just say what they're actually thinking. Charles already did so everyone else might as well speak it as well. This is a dumb ass team plain and simple so stop sugar coating that sh!t these players need to read and hear every bad thing being sad about them all day every day. They all play dumb even Singler who is the fundamentally sound player on the roster, put a Dunce Hat on all of them.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty BK7: The dunk revenge?

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:00 pm

Ok, it wasn't done on Jordan, but he blocked Birdman at the rim!

I tell you, Joe is just a bad judge of character!

He dumped Afflalo who worked like a dog, and Knight is the same way. Both high character guys that just keep coming, and Joe gets trash in return... sick!

FORUM - Page 34 HandmadeDarlingAmericankestrel

Full Article - Brandon Knight Excorcises DJ Demons With Block Of Birdman
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Falling on def ears...

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:55 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:The Coaching - Man I love Beilein as a coach, this coach went into his bag of tricks all game long with good results.  This Michigan team plays smart make very few mistakes, they don't give up, they don't stop playing hard, they don't get rattled.  Today the Wolverines were just too small although they been small almost against every team they've played this season.  Only thing I think Beilein should have done differently in a games like this I would have let Lavert, and Morgan [lay with those fouls. With 6 minutes remaining no time to be counting fouls in a game like this one IMO.  This might have been the one error that cost them the game

The Passion - I was never more prouder of a Michigan Basketball team than I was when they hung in there and scored to tie it 72 all.  They were diving on the floor, flying through the air, banging bodies even though they been getting their asses handed to them on the boards all game long they found a way to get done and get that basket.

The Heart - This team has a ton of that both Lavert and Robinson with unproductive 1st halves come out in the second and up their games. Lavert was a beast on the defensive end and Robinson had some clutch baskets. Stuaskas was all heart all game long.

I agree, and unfortunately, the Pistons have NONE of this!

I can't believe Gores fired Cheeks(at the wrong time) for this mess!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Coaching, Passion and Heart: Pistons Take Notes Part II

Post  WTF Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:48 pm

The Coaching - Man I love Beilein as a coach, this coach went into his bag of tricks all game long with good results.  This Michigan team plays smart make very few mistakes, they don't give up, they don't stop playing hard, they don't get rattled.  Today the Wolverines were just too small although they been small almost against every team they've played this season.  Only thing I think Beilein should have done differently in a games like this I would have let Lavert, and Morgan [lay with those fouls. With 6 minutes remaining no time to be counting fouls in a game like this one IMO.  This might have been the one error that cost them the game

The Passion - I was never more prouder of a Michigan Basketball team than I was when they hung in there and scored to tie it 72 all.  They were diving on the floor, flying through the air, banging bodies even though they been getting their asses handed to them on the boards all game long they found a way to get done and get that basket.

The Heart - This team has a ton of that both Lavert and Robinson with unproductive 1st halves come out in the second and up their games. Lavert was a beast on the defensive end and Robinson had some clutch baskets. Stuaskas was all heart all game long.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Twin Killing!!!

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:28 pm

The entire state went down like the Titanic, without Leo & Kate dropping her drawers!

Michigan had trouble with Kentucky's size, but still could have won except for the great last shot by the wildcats!

Oh well, they had a great run, but it's up to Wisconsin to bring the title home to the Big Ten!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty I Don't Know

Post  WTF Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:27 pm

Oracle wrote:This is the WORST! Now if Michigan win, it forces another big 10 team to lose reducing our chances to one!

What happened to State??? All of a sudden they had a Three Stooges moment and kept turning it over, some with visible pressure... strange!

Then I could swear I saw coach sub in Liberace for 5 minutes or so, and the Spartans were bent over supplying the grease!

This one is hard to take because I thought their contest was the gimmie of the day!

Now Michigan has a tough task against a hot team!

Go Michigan!!!

They didn't look like an Izzo ran team with that sh!t load of turnovers. It was a nice dream while it lasted.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!!

Post  WTF Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Still proud of the conference GO BIG 10  rockon  only one team left. Wolverines been tough all season but all I could think about was how much we were missing Mitch on the court. Be nice if they all stick around for another run at it next season GO BLUE!!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Pistons!

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:51 pm

Wow, you know it's REALLY bad when they're using "Lowly" and "Embarrassment" in the same sentence to describe your team!

Last years team would kick this teams ass all over the court... this is so bad, and I blame Gores!

Let's see him defend firing Cheeks after this debacle!

Lowly Detroit Pistons Are Biggest Embarrassment in the NBA
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty What a revolting development!

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:46 pm

This is the WORST! Now if Michigan win, it forces another big 10 team to lose reducing our chances to one!

What happened to State??? All of a sudden they had a Three Stooges moment and kept turning it over, some with visible pressure... strange!

Then I could swear I saw coach sub in Liberace for 5 minutes or so, and the Spartans were bent over supplying the grease!

This one is hard to take because I thought their contest was the gimmie of the day!

Now Michigan has a tough task against a hot team!

Go Michigan!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty State: Pistons take note!!!

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:11 pm

State was getting beat in every way possible, and couldn't score to save their lives!

What did they do?

Crank up the defense, because if you can't score, make damn sure that they can't either!

Then when your offense comes around, you'll do well!

State's defense has been IMPRESSIVE!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty What will happen next for the Pistons

Post  cool breeze Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:34 pm

I really believe that the bottom for the Detroit Pistons happened on that night against the Heat when a sell out crowd that came to honor the Bad Boys suffered through such a horrible display of basketball by our current team. That might be the worst moments of all watching this group of players. That had to be a wake up call for Mr. Gores. He had to be extremely embarrassed. 

If the owner doesn't insist that the coach play the rookies for a majority of minutes thus protecting that 8th pick in the draft, then I will be really surprised. This is the perfect time to play Siva, Mitchell and Datome along with perhaps Charlie V and Drummond. Play the games like it is the summer league. 

It is time for Josh Smith, Monroe and Singler to announce that they are injured. But how will this all shake out for next season? This is very unusual because who has any trust in most of the players. Singler made a comment after the Heat game stating that there is no fix to this team. Remember when I wrote about Josh Smith and his problems with the other Atlanta players going back two or more seasons when he played at Atlanta? Is Smith a chemistry killer or is he innocent of that label he had there? I look at game film and wonder what can be going through his mind at times. Some of the time he shares the ball and makes great plays for other players. But just when you think he could turn into a leader, Josh starts throwing up those long balls that have no chance of going in. Maybe he is not the problem at all and the reason reason why Detroit looks so bad is that there are at least 4 key players who have no ability to play the game the right way especially on defense. There is nothing that deflates hard working players than a teammate who flat out doesn't care about playing the right way. I noticed Singler had a really nasty look on his face after one of the Pistons big men failed to attempt to guard his man who entered the paint area and got a put back off a missed shot. Should we amnesty Smith if we can't trade him? Some of you believe that he is a keeper and maybe you are right. It doesn't take much to change your attitude but Smith has yet to show he will do that. Will Piston management bring in an entirely new set of guards next season? I think they should with the exception of Singler. Trade KCP for a draft pick if possible but he actually has no value much like Bynum and Stuckey.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Oracle wrote:Both teams deserved to win this one, but only one could!

Go Badgers, Go Big 10!!!

The Badgers played a great game and their center had the game of his life. Arizona didn't bring their A and missed too many free throws and wide open easy jump shots. Much attention was given the the Badgers coach in pre game, during the game and after the game. But in my mind is was an Ass displaying the same obnoxious characteristics as he did in the Mich. State game. Is he the Woody Hayes of current basketball? What effect did he have on that charge call against Johnson at the end. The Badger player made contact with Johnson before Johnson pushed the same defender while driving to the basket. Earlier on 2 calls went against Arizona with that same type of contact. If Johnson had gotten the call, he goes to the line and makes two shots that win the game. That was the play of the game - an officials call. After the game Barkley and others kept saying how great Wisconsin played and how well they had been coached with that go to player they had. What was cool about this amazing Arizona team that had lost one of their key players in Brandon Ashley was the fact that every game that they lost which happened to be five games total, every lost game went right down to the wire like this one. Arizona never had a game where they were blown out or were behind by more than one possession. That is a tribute to the coaching staff and those Arizona players who took each game very seriously. Their season is in direct contract to this Piston team. 

Now go Spartans and Wolverines!!!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty NCAA

Post  WTF Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:04 am

Man I'm nervous as hell about today's games for both the Wolverines and Spartans. I think the Spartans would have an easier time at it than the Wolverines today.  The Spartan are physical enough to hand UConn but the Wolverines will have to be shooting lights out today and that means better than the 49% clip than been hitting at all season.  Beilein and Izzo both make great in game adjustments so I think coaching will have a great influence on both games.

I like the idea that an in state NCAA Championship could be played or an all Big 10 is possible.  I'm thinking Spartans beat Florida and faces either the Badgers or Wolverines.  I'm so proud of the conference right now GO BIG 10

Just let me add that a match up between the Wolverines and Spartans would be huge, and be the best rivalry games of all time between these 2 universities. This state would go bonkers, the ratings would be off the charts and this could go down as a NCAA CLASSIC and HISTORIC game. Man I'm SIKED just thinking about it. Lansing and Ann Arbor would explode!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Sunday Morning Stuff

Post  WTF Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:53 am

There are 8 or 9 players on that Sixers roster that played in the D-League this season and that speaks volumes about how inept our franchise has become to lose this game. Yeah I too expected an loss by our Pistons as well so no big deal there I just didn't expect a 25 point ass kicking.

Okay where's all the screaming about Jennings getting ejected some of you guys we're killing Josh last week so lets be fair and give it to Jennings as well. Not bother a bit just glad we loss but don't understand why Siva would only get 13 minutes of PT considering Jennings got tossed in the 1st.

This season can't end fast enough for me, I think once Joe gets the ax, Greg, Charlie and Rodney are no longer under contract, looking at cats with a year left on their deals (Bynum, JJ, Chauncey, and Datome) and finally retaining that 1st round pick some real sh!t can get done so I'm optimistic.  tb 

Andre, Josh and Kyle would be my point of re-birthing this team and I would like to see them hold on to Siva, Mitchell, and KCP though I'm not against trading or cutting them. But all that **** in between Greg, Charlie, Stcukey, Bynum, JJ, Chauncey, Datome should be replace by 6 new faces.

I'm hoping Sheed gets to stick around and that maybe Chauncy could end up in a non playing role. But wouldn't be nice if that entire coaching staff was replaced by all former Pistons players. Head Coach Lamb and his assistants Wallace, Billups, Mahorn, Acquire and Hunter. The players would be getting the best of both Championship worlds. Then top this off with Zeke as GM not president but GM  rockon 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty OUR Pistons!

Post  Sebastian Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:09 am

Sparma wrote:Was it Sebastian who predicted a Pistons loss to Philly?  Sadly, it wouldn't be that surprising to those of us who have been following the Pistons.  Or disappointing.  Down by 10 after the first quarter.

Yes, Sparma, it was I who typed that the Sixers would end their historic losing streak against OUR Pistons. But as you have indicated, it is not a prediction that I owned myself. I, too, believe that many of my Pistons Pals believed the outcome in last night's game against the horrid Sixers would end with them having more points.

Securing OUR 2014 draft pick is one thing, but getting blasted by a team that hadn't won a game, since January 29th.

OUR Pistons are a f@ckin' disgrace.  mad 
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Sorry Don...

Post  Oracle Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:11 am

Both teams deserved to win this one, but only one could!

Go Badgers, Go Big 10!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Is it too late...

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:26 pm

To draft MCW?

Oh well, he dropped 21 on our lame asses, but truthfully, I'm so relieved, because I really thought this was a game that we should and could win, and it kept me up at night!

Now I can relax, the pick just keeps getting safer all the time!

Maybe these dudes got the TANK memo... Good!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Detroit vs Philly

Post  Oracle Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:18 pm

Well, somebody had to be the bitch!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Does it give pause

Post  Sparma Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:52 pm

that Siva, Datome, and Mitchell at +5, +3, +3 on a night that the team lose by 25 to a historically bad team? Maybe not to late to give them, at least the latter two, some minutes?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty How Bad Is It?

Post  Fennis Dembo Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:51 pm

That loud thud you just heard was a once proud franchise hitting rock bottom. We've had the "Bad Boys Era" and the "Teal Era". This era needs its own label. In honor of Charles Barkley saying there were several idiots on the team, I think the "Turrible Just Turrible Era" would be appropriate.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty New low point?

Post  Sparma Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:14 pm

Was it Sebastian who predicted a Pistons loss to Philly? Sadly, it wouldn't be that surprising to those of us who have been following the Pistons. Or disappointing. Down by 10 after the first quarter.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty 2 minutes and 30 seconds to go in the 3rd quarter Miami 87-Detroit 54

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Holly hell that had to be the worst moment in the history of Piston basketball. The Bad Boys were in the house with a full arena expecting the current Pistons to play all out with extreme energy. Instead fans saw Josh Smith dribbling the ball out of bounds. Or Chris Bosh getting slam dunk rebounds or hitting long jump shots because Greg Monroe was guarding NOBODY. For the current players this has to be their low point of all time playing the game of basketball. There was great pressure on them. Isiah Thomas was chanting to the fans for the Pistons to "beat the Heat". This is a game I will not forget for a long time. Maybe Mr. Gores has had enough embarrassment for this clearly was very disappointing for this owner to have a large crowd watch how horrible this group of players really have become. I say bench most of the starters for the rest of the season as starters. Fire Joe and hire Zeke as soon as possible either as GM or coach.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 34 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 40 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum