Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
WTF
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Murph
Fennis Dembo
Go Stones!
Sissy1946
lemonpen
13 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Mark Jackson Maybe

Post  WTF Tue May 06, 2014 11:32 pm

I like Mark Jackson but not sure if we should consider him as coach. First I like him and if this organization treats him like most of the previous coaches then he's going to fail and I honestly think he deserves better treatment. The only way I would want him hired is if he's given the full length of his contract to complete the process of getting this team to compete.

Mark is transitioning coach and by that he will get the team to a place where they competing much like a Doug Collins type not sure if he'll ever be a coach that deliver titles in his career. Not right how GS did him reminds me of how we did Carlisle.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Agreed and might I add

Post  WTF Tue May 06, 2014 11:50 am

Oracle wrote:It depends on what they mean!

IMO, this team was better than their record, but only if you take Jennings & Bynum out of the lineup and replace them with any competent guards.

If we had the end of season KCP to start the season, that would be good, and if they had really given Datome quality minutes to develop, our shooting might have been better.

Joe made good moves until he traded for Jennings, that really threw the dynamics off, coupled with the complete and total collapse of Chauncey doomed us!

So basically they're right! Better guard play and a bit more shooting, and this team makes the playoffs, and would have made the Pacers look like world beaters in the first round Smile

Coaching and use of players to this because in addition to the sh!tty guard play was I think forcing the lineup of Josh, Andre and Moose and other miss use of players. In that sense the team did under achieved but there still remained some glaring issues and flaws in the rosters beyond Jennings and Bynum. They were trying to force chemistry that could never exist IMO like making a meatloaf without any ingredients for a meatloaf. For every right piece the team had they found 2 wrong pieces to compliment it.

Josh would have made a perfect compliment to either Monroe or Andre as starting center but the team double up on the mistake of forcing both Moose and Josh out of position. Not drafting MCW or Burke was a huge mistake and then made much larger in trading trading away Knight and Middleton for Jennings and resigning Bynum. I still think that had we drafted 1 of the 2 kept Knight and Middleton we're at least a .500 team. If we had just added both Josh's and made the right draft choice hired the right coach things would be different.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Tue May 06, 2014 11:18 am

It depends on what they mean!

IMO, this team was better than their record, but only if you take Jennings & Bynum out of the lineup and replace them with any competent guards.

If we had the end of season KCP to start the season, that would be good, and if they had really given Datome quality minutes to develop, our shooting might have been better.

Joe made good moves until he traded for Jennings, that really threw the dynamics off, coupled with the complete and total collapse of Chauncey doomed us!

So basically they're right! Better guard play and a bit more shooting, and this team makes the playoffs, and would have made the Pacers look like world beaters in the first round Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty @coolbreeze

Post  WTF Tue May 06, 2014 10:21 am

Don, I've been saying since shortly after Andre arrived here that the team need to essentially make a decision on what direction they make with Monroe vs Drummond because they are both centers. My choice is and have always been to go in the direction of keeping Andre even though there could strong arguments to keep Monroe but they can't have both at least not in starting roles.

Ideally it would be great if we kept all three players (Moose, Josh, Andre) and picked up another PF like Go Stone suggested like Carlos Boozers. Then I would strongly suggest that we start both Monroe and Boozer and bring both Josh and Andre off the bench.

I wouldn't say that this team has underachieve I would say that it is not properly coached and utilized. When I think about the last 3 successful coaches here Rick, LB and Flip it is easy to conclude that Monroe would not be playing PF and Josh would be playing SF and that as much as we all love Andre he wouldn't be starting. All three of these players we placed in positions to fail.

Gores can't continue this dumb ass process he needs to get it right at the GM and coaching positions and then get the fu@k out of the way. When 99% of the NBA world is telling you sh!t is wrong with what your doing this team might want to listen to what people are saying.

BTW Milsap isn't any better than Josh IMO. Really did you see him jacking up those bricks and getting his ass whipped by West in game 6 and 7.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty It's Called Deductive Reasoning Sour Pee Boy

Post  WTF Tue May 06, 2014 9:59 am

Phil1980boy wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Moose is all but gone because Max Deal or not he's not going to stay and be force to play out of position when every other team can assure him a starting center position.  Moose doesn't want to be a PF period.  

Really? So where did you get this from? Are you personal friends with Monroe? Do you have A quote from Monroe backing what you just said? Do you have quotes from his agent? Mom? Dad? Brother? Grandmother? Great Grandmother? Step dad? Dog? Cat? Fish? Wife? Girlfriend?

Do you have any facts to support your statements Sour Cynic??

Stop trying to be sneaky and pass along your own personal feelings as basketball facts!!  finger wag finger wag 

You talking like your work for Greg Monroe and you got some information. BUT As ALWAYS YOU Just FLAPPING YOUR OLD GUMS SOUR CYNIC!!  lol  lol

Deductive Reasoning Sour Pee Boy is something a Homer like yourself would have difficulties using. It doesn't require that I have a quoted statement because I can make my conclusions based on what I'm seeing on the floor with Monroe unlike you and others. You all see something that doesn't exist (Mid-Range) yet make conclusion that it will happen base solely on your own hopefulness that it will one day.

Unlike those that put our homerism aside and look at the obvious things, like Monroe laziness on both ends of the court, his lack of defensive effort, his lack of a Mid Range game, his inconsistencies and the fact that these been obvious problematic issues can reasonably conclude that he's has either peaked as a player, has no interest in improving his game or simply want out of his current situation. Many of you hope that this will all change one day and I'm not one of them.

If Monroe has a chance to go play for any of the teams interested in him especially those either contending to make the playoffs, give him a max deal, and exclusively play the center position then ask yourself why would he stay here? Do you think he has the same Homer Mentality that you have or any other Homer posting here has? Do you think he's here to give in to the imagination of fans like you and play out position hoping that one day his Mid Range game magically appears out of thin air?

Again this is that same tired argument you gave when you were proclaiming that Stuckey would be eventually better than Chauncey and it never never happen. My hope is that whomever the next GM is that he's not thinking like a fan and is able to use deductive reasoning in assessing the situation of this team. Understand Sour Pee Boy Homer that the Pistons would only match to force a sign and trade scenario and that this is their only play. Keeping Monroe at any cost is only not viable it is also stupid and foolish to sign a player to a max deal based solely on an imaginative Mid Range Shot  facepalm 

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Interesting debate on the forum relating to Monroe and Smith

Post  cool breeze Tue May 06, 2014 9:04 am

Although I have no confidence at all that our Pistons will get on the right track with this Platinum Equity group, it is interesting to speculate about what might happen if we did have better leadership. How about Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague being involved in a sign and trade for Monroe, Jennings and Bynum or another Piston player along with Monroe? It would be great to rid the team of our two point guards. That would be a fantastic change for us fans even though we all know that the owners are not interested in what we might think. I really like Millsap and Teague and would be willing to trade anybody on our team to get them. By the way, is Drummond off the table relating to being included in a potential trade. What if Detroit could land an entirely new team of proven playoff players if Drummond and Monroe were to be involved in separate trades? I doubt that Smith can be traded so it seems Drummond and Monroe are the two best candidates to move. This team sucks and our two big men are not really good basketball players. Neither can play defense. Drummond might end up as another Roy Hibbert. Both Monroe and Drummond fill up a stat sheet but I am not impressed with their ability to play smart. Platinum Equity believes that they have the right players and it was only a fluke or bad coaching that prevented a big run in the playoffs this season. Do you fans really believe that our players have the right stuff. I sure didn't see much heart with these guys in the months of December, January and Feb. But over the summer months these guys suddenly get a lot better on paper. Last summer was no different. Rodney Stuckey was going to finally bust out and lead the team to victory. Now our owners believe our guys underachieved this season. Do they believe that our players are working on their free throw shooting  and will turn around that stat next year? Will Josh Smith stand two fee behind the free throw line instead of one foot this next season? If this same team comes back, I am not watching.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty "THE TEAM WAS BETTER THAN IT'S RECORD" quote from Mark Barnhill

Post  cool breeze Tue May 06, 2014 8:36 am

If any of you are thinking that the Detroit Piston franchise is moving in the right direction think again. The cat is out of the bag. Our fearless leaders from Platinum Equity really believe that the players on the Piston roster last season underachieved. Oh my God how stupid can this group of owners be when it comes to basketball. I think Platinum Equity is used to using smoke and mirrors relating to show business type business and somehow think they have a handle on NBA basketball. So cocky and sure of themselves last summer that they all predicted or demanded that this Piston team make the playoffs. Meanwhile we fans knew before training camp that the composition of the team wouldn't result in anything but failure. Two inept point guards who are short and play feeble defense and have no idea how to get other players involved in an offense. Two young centers who cannot defend or are capable of making a jump shot from 10 feet. key Platinum Equity players are among the worst free throw shooters in the league and yet the team underachieved. Are you kidding you idiots? We have fools for owners when it comes to running a basketball team. And they are all now involved in the "PROCESS" to find a new GM and coach. Isn't that grand? Mark Barnhill, Phil N. and  Bob W. are in charge of the hunt so we can all relax. Now look at how the Spurs organization works. The owner is a former Vietnam Vet with a silver star who lets his coach coach and his GM do his job. The Spurs owner is a great man who picks solid people to run the team and believes consistency is the most important ingredient of success. There is no knee jerk reaction like trading Brandon Knight and Chris Middleton to shake things up. And the Spurs owners isn't interested is creating a circus act by signing players like Will the thrill Bynum to a two year contract to fool the fans and create excitement instead of going through the slow process of creating a capable basketball team. A friend mentioned that this Platinum Equity group is trouble and would ruin the Piston organization because they are cocky and so sure they know what is right while poking their noses in the day to day operations. This crap doesn't work when it comes to the business of basketball. 

This one lone statement from Mark Barnhill is a big clue to how the Piston brain trust thinks. Mr. Gores and his crew really believe that this group of Piston players are real close to becoming a solid playoff team. The opposite is true. I see why Mo Cheeks was fired. It was all Platinum Equity foolish show business mind fart nonsense coming to the surface. Piston fans we need to find a new team to follow. There is no chance of success until this owner backs off and allows real basketball people to make critical decisions. If Tom, Mark, Phil and Bob think they have a blooming team they are insane. After making such horrible decisions the new GM needs to start over and create a 5 year plan. I look at Washington playing so well with such great chemistry and get sick to my stomach. Meanwhile our owners are having drinks and talking about how this group of Piston players should have had a better record last season. All the team needs in their opinion is a better head coach who can transform two small inept guards into great defenders and ball distributors. In other words work with what we have because we have the best players in the league who are just underachieved. This seems as if I am watching the last season of Mad Men and that group of management leaders are running the Piston organization.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Phil-Good Tue May 06, 2014 1:17 am

WISEFAN wrote:Moose is all but gone because Max Deal or not he's not going to stay and be force to play out of position when every other team can assure him a starting center position.  Moose doesn't want to be a PF period.  

Really? So where did you get this from? Are you personal friends with Monroe? Do you have A quote from Monroe backing what you just said? Do you have quotes from his agent? Mom? Dad? Brother? Grandmother? Great Grandmother? Step dad? Dog? Cat? Fish? Wife? Girlfriend?

Do you have any facts to support your statements Sour Cynic??

Stop trying to be sneaky and pass along your own personal feelings as basketball facts!!  finger wag finger wag 

You talking like your work for Greg Monroe and you got some information. BUT As ALWAYS YOU Just FLAPPING YOUR OLD GUMS SOUR CYNIC!!  lol  lol
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Where Did KCP Finish?

Post  WTF Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Murph wrote: I see MCW finished first in the ROY voting, while Trey Burke finished 3rd.   facepalm 

Good thing our biggest need wasn't PG.   Rolling Eyes 

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Really Doesn't Matter How Much You All Bash Josh

Post  WTF Mon May 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Moose is all but gone because Max Deal or not he's not going to stay and be force to play out of position when every other team can assure him a starting center position. Moose doesn't want to be a PF period.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty DX They're Not Interested In The Truth

Post  WTF Mon May 05, 2014 10:00 pm

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:What the F.U.C.K. Everybody in the NBA think Detroit is the stomping ground to give away young players and make everybody else better. F.U.C.K. THAT!!

Atlanta says they going after Monroe. And any fool who thinks Detroit should allow Washington or Atlanta to just come along, build A championship team off our backs and take Monroe because we have A tweener with no position in Josh Smith is NUTS!!

Let's get A General Manager in who knows what the F.U.C.K is going on and get this Pistons train back on the tracks!

We being talked about like we the F.U.C.K.I.N.G. Oakland A's.

Look at this big 3. Washington: Wall, Beal, Monroe. New Orleans: Monroe, A.Davis, J.Holiday Atlanta:J.Teague, Monroe, Al Hartford.

Look at all those big 3. Take away G.Monroe and plug in J.Smith. It don't look as scary now does it?

Keep A almost 30 year old, no position, tweener over A 23 year old, skill, good character, high IQ, real quality, NBA big man? Easy choice for anybody with A NBA brain.

Get this new GM in here and let's get this show on the F.U.C.K.I.N.G. ROAD!!!  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

Excellent post.

And I think it's very telling that the Hawks did not persue Josh Smith, but are going after Greg Monroe for about the same money. Obviously the Hawks value Monroe over Smith.
Murph, if memory serves me correctly, Atlanta offered Josh a substantial contract raise to resign him, which he turned down...it seems that the Hawks wanted him, but he was done with his home town. Al Horford (Josh's best friend on the Hawks) was being played out of position and Atlanta wasn't trying to acquire a legitimate center, and if they did, what would that mean to Horford and Smith? I remember at the start of this past season, we were projected to finish higher than the Hawks! Go figure.

Josh no longer wanted to stay in Atlanta and yes Atlanta wanted to resign Josh. But somehow many on the forum missed that part of it. And why wouldn't Atlanta want Monroe considering Horford been injury prone and really is a PF. Just let them keep making up stuff as they go along.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Reply with quote ATL, Washington, New Orleans.. If I'm the Pistons I feel disrespected

Post  lemonpen Mon May 05, 2014 5:49 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:Xango. You have some really good points. You really do. Nobody is saying Josh Smith can't play basketball. Josh is blocking G.Monroe's development.

In the end that's what it all boils down to. Toronto made this exact same choice twice. Derozen or Rudy Gay? Jose or K.Lowery. You can't have both because 1 blocks the other development.

The Lakers did it back in the day also. Eddie Jones(All Star Shooting Guard) or this young Kid they Drafted name Kobe Bryant?

It's really funny because Monroe and Smith have what the other player needs. Monroe has A defined position and A very high basketball brain/IQ. Monroe has great foot work and he will never take 2 bad shots in A row. Monroe is A good guy who will never rock the club house or let his EGO take over. Smith play defense and he likes to do it. Smith is athletic(for now) and he goes after block shots. Smith has the fire in his belly to compete. Smith wants to be that go to guy even if he not the most skill player on the floor.  If you combine Monroe and smith best qualities you will have A top 3 NBA big man.

But in the end you have to pick one of them. In the end Monroe has the better upside. He younger, he way..way..way.. smarter. You know what you going to get from Monroe.Almost 20 and 10 every night without 5 or 6 bad shots that make you say what the F.U.C.K.

Monroe and Drummonds can both be all starts without bumping heads. When G.Monroe adds that 15ft jump shot it's over!

That's it for Smith. He will not get better. His jumper is what it is. His IQ is what it is. His decision making is what it is. His age is what it is. He will never jump any higher only lower from here.

Easy decision!!

Damn Phil180boy. You summed up in a nut shell.  clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap 
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Joe Dumars: Why I should be your next GM!

Post  Oracle Mon May 05, 2014 4:54 pm

For teams looking for their next great GM, here are the reasons you should consider me, Joe Dumars for the job!

I know championships: Just watch the 30 for 30 Bad Boys video(enclosed for your viewing pleasure), and you'll see that I have been there as a player and I've been there as a GM! I know that you may think that my asking price of 12 Million a year is steep, but it's only a starting point, I'm sure we can work something out!

They call me the Fat Man: Women call me the overweight lover, but in the NBA, they simply call me the Fat Man out of fear and respect! Use that fear and respect in your favor and it will help attract FA's like Rodney Stuckey, CV and other underrated players to your team! They know Joe Dumars and know that he doesn't take no stuff... unless it's inside a donut.

Don't listen to the haters: So don't look at the Piston forums or read the lame Detroit media! These fans think they know something about the NBA and they don't know squat! As for the media, if I had a million dollars for pair of balls you could find on them, I'd be one broke mofo!

Finally, I know what you're thinking!

You were born with an asshole, so why do you need another one! Well, I'm not really a big asshole! Sure I have thrown players under the bus, but has anyone ever checked out those players under the bus?

My bus is a party bus, and if that bus is a rockin, don't come knocking!

Yeah, I'm a bad boy, and if you don't like me... I don't give a ****
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Mon May 05, 2014 3:51 pm

Murph wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:What the F.U.C.K. Everybody in the NBA think Detroit is the stomping ground to give away young players and make everybody else better. F.U.C.K. THAT!!

Atlanta says they going after Monroe. And any fool who thinks Detroit should allow Washington or Atlanta to just come along, build A championship team off our backs and take Monroe because we have A tweener with no position in Josh Smith is NUTS!!

Let's get A General Manager in who knows what the F.U.C.K is going on and get this Pistons train back on the tracks!

Look at this big 3. Washington: Wall, Beal, Monroe. New Orleans: Monroe, A.Davis, J.Holiday Atlanta:J.Teague, Monroe, Al Hartford.

Look at all those big 3. Take away G.Monroe and plug in J.Smith. It don't look as scary now does it?

Keep A almost 30 year old, no position, tweener over A 23 year old, skill, good character, high IQ, real quality, NBA big man? Easy choice for anybody with A NBA brain.

Get this new GM in here and let's get this show on the F.U.C.K.I.N.G. ROAD!!!  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 

Excellent post.

And I think it's very telling that the Hawks did not persue Josh Smith, but are going after Greg Monroe for about the same money. Obviously the Hawks value Monroe over Smith.
Murph, if memory serves me correctly, Atlanta offered Josh a substantial contract raise to resign him, which he turned down...it seems that the Hawks wanted him, but he was done with his home town. Al Horford (Josh's best friend on the Hawks) was being played out of position and Atlanta wasn't trying to acquire a legitimate center, and if they did, what would that mean to Horford and Smith? I remember at the start of this past season, we were projected to finish higher than the Hawks! Go figure.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Adding Insult To Injury

Post  Murph Mon May 05, 2014 3:43 pm

I see MCW finished first in the ROY voting, while Trey Burke finished 3rd.  facepalm 

Good thing our biggest need wasn't PG.  Rolling Eyes 

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Mon May 05, 2014 3:32 pm

Excellent post.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty A loosing formula

Post  deusXango Mon May 05, 2014 3:20 pm

When the most prominent players on your team are mediocre or 2nd round draftees ie., Kyle Singler, Jonas Jerebko, Jason Maxiell, Will Bynum, Brandon Jennings, and Austin Daye are led by directionless coaches, you can expect back-to-back 29 win seasons.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty The difference between winners and losers

Post  deusXango Mon May 05, 2014 3:07 pm

This is a quote from an article suggesting the Atlanta Hawks would be bidding for Greg Monroe this FA signing period...
"They already have Paul Millsap, a stretch four with size, and Al Horford, a skilled big man. Is adding another big-but-not-seven-foot power forward/center with skill a good idea? It's an intriguing idea, moving Millsap to a sixth man role and essentially being able to play Horford and Monroe in dual PF/C roles."
I bring this to the attention of this forum, because a major player on a playoff team can be expected to come off the bench (to make a Big 3 work), but in Detroit, where we won only 29 damn games, we treated it as an act of sacrilege to ask Monroe, or most logically, Drummond to come off the bench so we could move into the playoffs. It has been easier to look for the failings of our frontline of Drummond, Monroe, and Smith, instead of the possible dominance of that Big 3. What were the demands that Drummond start over Monroe at center, at the beginning of the season; why was Monroe moved out of position during a contract year and didn't that move do more damage to his bargaining position than coming off the bench? Just wondering.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty 10 Things I Would Change Today About The NBA

Post  WTF Mon May 05, 2014 11:02 am

1. Free Agency period should happen before the draft
2. Age limit should be increase and 2 year college requirement on draft
3. At least 2 teams should be eliminated from the league. State of California should have 4 teams. Eliminate Clippers and GS
4. Season should be reduce from 82 to 72 games.
5. All playoff series should be formatted 2-3-2 in all rounds and play back to back oppose to days off in between.
6. Lottery order should go in reverse 15-1 oppose to 1-15 to eliminate teams from tanking if finishing 15 lands you the 1st pick in the draft.
7. Relax flagrant foul and hand check rules, sorry but the league is way way too soft.
8. Add an additional 8 rounds to the draft.
9. Every team should have its own D-League team. They should act as farm clubs to develop players.
10. Teams should be able to dress all 14 players on roster

Somehow we need to get back some of the things that made the games more competitive and exciting.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty Okay They Like Moose But Damn Stop Lying On Josh To Prove It

Post  WTF Mon May 05, 2014 8:41 am

Okay I have spent years paying attention to that Hawks team almost as much as I have with the Pistons and much of the stuff I see being posted about Josh is amazing.  A lot of it just straight up made up and fabricated just to heighten their argument to get rid of Josh.  

DX, the same argument Pee Boy is making to keep Monroe is the same one he was making in 2009 in defending the Joe Dumars for trading Chauncey and keeping Stuckey and we all seen how that turned out.  BTW it really seem to be all the former Joe Supporters that are in lock step with trading Josh. Pee Boy is also one of those that was on board with trading Affalo

Josh isn't stunting the growth of Monroe, that's insane but Monroe is stunting the growth of Andre.  Josh isn't blocking the doors at the practice facility keeping Moose from working on his mid range, or keeping him off the weight bench, or practicing FT attempts,  he isn't keeping Kander away from Moose working on his foot speed. He's certainly not telling Moose to be the lazy **** he's been the past 4 seasons.  

Many refused to see how badly Joe was running the team, they now refuse to see just how badly Moose plays on a consistent basis.  They used all the bad coaches to deflect blame away from Joe now they use Josh to deflect blame away from Monroe.  They act as if Moose is the second coming of Shaq, Tim Duncan, Hakeem, but he's no where close to any of these guys.  

Atlanta been to 7 straight playoff and 6 of those were with Josh at the starting PF position but we keep getting comments about how too small he is to play it.  Well I watched those playoff series of Josh and Atlanta and he was a large part of any success the Hawks were having.  What I remember about all those series were Josh and Crawford carrying those team while Horford was often injured and Joe Johnson often choking.

We all have witness every single PF in the league from starter to scrub whip on Moose ass this season, or out played him in game after game because he was lazy on defense or simply played no defense.  This age argument is silly that they can't even be honest about the kids age. He's 28 not 30 and mind you there been a whole bunch of 28 year old's whipping on Moose ass this season so this age thing might as well get tossed out the window.  

Really you don't have to like Josh but at least be honest in your argument to trade him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty I bow to your sound reasoning sir

Post  deusXango Mon May 05, 2014 7:57 am

Phil1980boy wrote:Xango. You have some really good points. You really do. Nobody is saying Josh Smith can't play basketball. Josh is blocking G.Monroe's development.

In the end that's what it all boils down to. Toronto made this exact same choice twice. Derozen or Rudy Gay? Jose or K.Lowery. You can't have both because 1 blocks the other development.

The Lakers did it back in the day also. Eddie Jones(All Star Shooting Guard) or this young Kid they Drafted name Kobe Bryant?

It's really funny because Monroe and Smith have what the other player needs. Monroe has A defined position and A very high basketball brain/IQ. Monroe has great foot work and he will never take 2 bad shots in A row. Monroe is A good guy who will never rock the club house or let his EGO take over. Smith play defense and he likes to do it. Smith is athletic(for now) and he goes after block shots. Smith has the fire in his belly to compete. Smith wants to be that go to guy even if he not the most skill player on the floor.  If you combine Monroe and smith best qualities you will have A top 3 NBA big man.

But in the end you have to pick one of them. In the end Monroe has the better upside. He younger, he way..way..way.. smarter. You know what you going to get from Monroe.Almost 20 and 10 every night without 5 or 6 bad shots that make you say what the F.U.C.K.

Monroe and Drummonds can both be all starts without bumping heads. When G.Monroe adds that 15ft jump shot it's over!

That's it for Smith. He will not get better. His jumper is what it is. His IQ is what it is. His decision making is what it is. His age is what it is. He will never jump any higher only lower from here.

Easy decision!!
Phillip, all the things you say are true, but have you noticed that these players were replaced by youth that played the same position? Monroe is best suited to play center because his foot speed will never increase, he won't be a shot blocker, and it's doubtful he'll ever be able to defend the young, athletic PF's coming into the league.

What's happened, and it may be too late to correct, is our Big 3 were used incorrectly coming out of the gate; Drummond was placed in the starting lineup prematurely, and Monroe & Smith didn't have a chance to form any type of chemistry playing with a legit SF. If Cheeks wasn't such a dimwitted, ass kisser, he would have looked at the game films from the year before and started with a frontline of Monroe, Smith, and Singler, bringing Drummond off the bench, but giving him at least 30 minutes a night...Monroe could have worked on his 15 foot jump shot, Smith wouldn't have been taking 3's that he can't make, at a high percentage, Singler could have started developing at his natural position (we could also see exactly what we have in this young man), and Drummond could have begun learning the defensive principals that will make him great...because the tandem of Cheeks and Dumars were so cowardly driven (thinking only of themselves), that ship has sailed; we're faced with a whole new set of problems to solve.

It's hard for me to talk about getting rid of Monroe, because he's never played center with a competent PF by his side since he's been a Piston, and playing him suddenly as a PF only highlighted his deficiencies as a defensive big man; I believe Josh was brought here to be that defensive presence in the paint, until Drummond was ready to take over, and Monroe could have continued refining his offensive skills...Smith would have been top flight trade bait in the last year of his contract, so we could have given Drummond a max contract (if he developed properly), instead of looking to give him away for peanuts after his first year in Detroit. Gores had every right to believe we should have been in the playoffs this year, but he just gave Dumars too much rope and that Jennings signing, after hiring Cheeks to coach, wreaked our chances...Hollins as coach and keeping BK7 and Middleton would have worked out a sight better than what followed, and IMHO, that's the way Chauncey saw things as well...it's a reason he may have gone to Gores in Josh's defense.

Fans are right in most things they feel about the state of the home team, but our past GM was wrong for so long, it's hard to figure out what direction we should go in next...it's the closest thing to a human Chinese puzzle box.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty ATL, Washington, New Orleans.. If I'm the Pistons I feel disrespected

Post  Phil-Good Mon May 05, 2014 3:39 am

Xango. You have some really good points. You really do. Nobody is saying Josh Smith can't play basketball. Josh is blocking G.Monroe's development.

It's really funny because Monroe and Smith have what the other player needs. Monroe has A defined position and A very high basketball brain/IQ. Monroe has great foot work and he will never take 2 bad shots in A row. Monroe is A good guy who will never rock the club house or let his EGO take over. Smith play defense and he likes to do it. Smith is athletic(for now) and he goes after block shots. Smith has the fire in his belly to compete. Smith wants to be that go to guy even if he not the most skill player on the floor. If you combine Monroe and smith best qualities you will have A top 3 NBA big man.

Easy decision!!

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty ATL, Washington, New Orleans.. If I'm the Pistons I feel disrespected

Post  deusXango Mon May 05, 2014 2:06 am

Phil1980boy wrote:"Face it, Josh is as dumb as a bag of nails! He needs what we can't give him... vets to keep him in line!"

The Pistons need to get on the Phone and call Denver, Bostons, NY Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, LA Lakers, LA Clippers, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors, OK City Thunder, Chicago, Spurs,  Dallas Mavs and the Miami Heat.

I guarantee you!!!! 1 of these teams would take Josh Smith off the Pistons hands.. GUARANTEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

epically if the Pistons are not asking for too much back in return.  
One of the biggest contributors to the sh!tty state the Pistons are in is because of the willingness to give away talent for nothing or next to nothing...make no mistake about it, Josh Smith is a talent! It's a reason that after Chris Paul (done deal) and Dwight Howard (another done deal) Josh Smith was considered the #1 FA on the market. The national media, who holds no love for Detroit, started ripping the signing from day one, and the weaker bandwagon fans started to get in lock-step with the Josh bashing, which is really Detroit bashing. First it was a matter of spacing, now it's Josh is "dumb as a bag of nails." I wish we'd make up our damn minds, 'cause the spacing problem can and will be solved, and Josh ain't no dumb ass when it comes to playing the pro game of basketball. It's madness for these arm chair quarterbacks to keep hating on this player, like they're qualified to understand every nuance of what went wrong, in a season that shouldn't have been a repeat of the preceding one!

All the teams mentioned that the Pistons should give a call is for the purpose of acting as their toilet...a place to dump their sh!t players or contracts, for a talented player, who to date, hasn't received quality coaching in a Detroit uniform. I mean really, let's look at what we're saying in order to make a case against Smith; Maxiell's 9 pts. (with a couple of "thunder dunks"), 4 reb., who was as slow of foot as Monroe, was a much better player than a "stat sheet stuffer" like Smith, who even now plays with an unselfishness that Maxiell didn't and three times the athlete, and defensive player. Mo Cheeks was one hell of a coach, and he was improved on with bringing in John Loyer. There has been cases made about the last week when Smith was out of the lineup, but those same people won't acknowledge how well the interior was playing (and winning) when Jennings and Stuckey was out to begin the season! When Jennings got the wire out of his mouth and Smith got Cheeks foot up his ass (for no legitimate reason!) the teams play started suffering. We all showed sympathy when Lil' Larry was f#cking over Jerebko, but we act as if Cheeks was justified in f#cking over Smith, who is a much more valuable talent than J.J. This all smacks of the insane practices of Joe Dumars and the ridiculous reasoning he'd use to cover up systematically destroying our team.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Mon May 05, 2014 12:36 am

"Face it, Josh is as dumb as a bag of nails! He needs what we can't give him... vets to keep him in line!"

The Pistons need to get on the Phone and call Denver, Bostons, NY Knicks, Brooklyn Nets, LA Lakers, LA Clippers, Sacramento Kings, Houston Rockets, Golden State Warriors, OK City Thunder, Chicago, Spurs, Dallas Mavs and the Miami Heat.

I guarantee you!!!! 1 of these teams would take Josh Smith off the Pistons hands.. GUARANTEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

epically if the Pistons are not asking for too much back in return.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 18 Empty O'Gosh Josh B'Gosh Darn It

Post  WTF Sun May 04, 2014 10:25 pm

Oracle wrote:Seriously, have you watched any of the games?

No Horford, and this was a competitive team playing very good basketball!

So yeah, taking account of injuries, IMO, it's a better team, certainly smarter.

Face it, Josh is as dumb as a bag of nails! He needs what we can't give him... vets to keep him in line!

We've see what happens when you depend on Josh to be the adult in the room... BOOM  lol

We can always sign veterans to keep him in line. BTW Josh and Joe carried the team in 2011,2012 and 2013 seasons seem they were missing Horford a lot.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum