Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Go Stones!
CMUGroupProject
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
15 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty re

Post  Phil-Good Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:36 am

NBA Trade Rumors 2014 Update: Detroit Pistons’ Rodney Stuckey For Orlando Magic’s Arron Afflalo Swap In The Works?

Google it people... I don't feel like posting where I got this from.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Thanks for A Lifetime of great work Joe... To me you will always be Mr. Detroit Piston

Post  Phil-Good Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:59 am

I hope who ever steps in has experience and does not trade away Monroe.

but to be real, I don't even watch this team anymore. It's like looking at your favorite family member pass away slow. Or your fav cousin who has potential to do great things but can't get they act together.

This team and situation is A joke.

RIP 2014 PISTONS SEASON Sleep  Sleep  Sleep 
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Theres Really Only One Decison To Be Made

Post  WTF Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:31 am

Oracle wrote:Ok, let me say that the kind of scoring that Stuckey does, I have a LOT of faith in! Stuckey may have his problems, but the dude is doing a fantastic job this year, and I'm leaning towards re-signing him if the price is right and no good trades show up before the deadline!

Monroe is young and has a very bright future! Please don't think that the product you see today is the finished product... he's a baby at 23 years of age, and he WILL get a lot better! But don't believe me, just watch the GM's go after him when/if he's made available! Like Stuckey, he has scoring I can believe in!

Josh Smith does not have scoring I can believe in! This perimeter scoring that we're seeing is something that I don't believe that he can continue to supply! Like Stones said, he's undersized at the PF position, and he's not as Buff as he used to be, he's physically smaller than I remember seeing him in his entire career! But unless we can find a way to get Monroe back to playing center, that leaves Josh to play PF. However, Josh will have a decent advantage at PF on the offensive end, so hopefully his speed will offset his defensive liability and his athleticism will offset that on the defensive end as well!

Decisions, Decisions... Joe make the right one!

Doesn't matter if it's Joe as the GM or a completely new GM the decision really comes down to keeping either Monroe or Drummond because they both can't play together. Monroe in my opinion will never adapted to playing PF and he is better suited to be a center but starting him leaves Drummond to playing back up which would be okay. Josh won't be that much of a liability defensively sliding to PF which he did well enough in Atlanta considering has better chance of defending PF out on the perimeter in any case he'll defend them far better than Moose does currently.

To me it still comes down to the money and Joe knows this, and he should be very fearful of losing Monroe without being compensated. I say this because ideally Monroe should have already sign that extension if he truly wanted to be here in which case he likely doesn't. It was almost clear Grant Hill was leaving but Joe was fortunate to get that sign and trade and might not be able to do the same this time with Monroe. IMO trade him before the deadline and get the best deal possible.

My fear with moving Drummond to the bench is how he handle it emotionally, what impact does it have on his growth and confidence. Drummond upside is so far beyond what Monroe is that I would be more concern about damaging that than losing Monroe right now. It's in the best interest of both players that one of them be traded because it is stymieing the growth of both players. Monroe clearly plays as if unhappy, you don't want to kill Drummond's confidence either.

I said this once before that as good as offensively Monroe may become playing somewhere else Drummond would likely be good enough to offset that felt loss. I can't see Monroe whipping Drummond ass in a match up no matter how much Monroe improves if Drummond reaches his potential.

As far as Josh he does too much and bring too much overall to trade him, far more valuable than Monroe to the this team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Stuckey vs Josh & Monroe vs Josh

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:00 am

Ok, let me say that the kind of scoring that Stuckey does, I have a LOT of faith in! Stuckey may have his problems, but the dude is doing a fantastic job this year, and I'm leaning towards re-signing him if the price is right and no good trades show up before the deadline!

Monroe is young and has a very bright future! Please don't think that the product you see today is the finished product... he's a baby at 23 years of age, and he WILL get a lot better! But don't believe me, just watch the GM's go after him when/if he's made available! Like Stuckey, he has scoring I can believe in!

Josh Smith does not have scoring I can believe in! This perimeter scoring that we're seeing is something that I don't believe that he can continue to supply! Like Stones said, he's undersized at the PF position, and he's not as Buff as he used to be, he's physically smaller than I remember seeing him in his entire career! But unless we can find a way to get Monroe back to playing center, that leaves Josh to play PF. However, Josh will have a decent advantage at PF on the offensive end, so hopefully his speed will offset his defensive liability and his athleticism will offset that on the defensive end as well!

Decisions, Decisions... Joe make the right one!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Dream on...

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:50 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:Then after trading Moose for Porter and 1st Round Pick, see if we can turn Jennings, CV, and JJ into a trade for Rondo.  Team would be set to start over next year after they fire Joe,  resign Stuckey and Harrellson and smartly use their 2 first round picks provided they go completely into tank mode.  

Better back court with Rondo, Stuckey KCP and Siva.  Smith back at PF and Drummond in the middle

That can't be done, the Wizards are restricted from trading that pick!

IMO, they don't have anything that they're willing to trade(Beal) that we need, unless there is a third party involved!

However, I do like the idea, reluctantly, of moving Monroe for something good, then we still have CV, JJ and change to move for something else!

Am I pissed with Joe? Hell Yeah! Can he pull his fat ass out of the fryer?

Yes if he can balance out this roster, because a couple of real shooters and we can get into the playoffs in style!

But please, no bringing in players that are too old for the future! We want to win now, but not at the expense of being flexible enough to get players to make a big push!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  WTF Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Then after trading Moose for Porter and 1st Round Pick, see if we can turn Jennings, CV, and JJ into a trade for Rondo. Team would be set to start over next year after they fire Joe, resign Stuckey and Harrellson and smartly use their 2 first round picks provided they go completely into tank mode.

Better back court with Rondo, Stuckey KCP and Siva. Smith back at PF and Drummond in the middle

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty (Take a) Wiz want Monroe...

Post  Go Stones! Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:59 pm

Wiz Want Monroe

This sucks...Monroe's agent will use this against Pistons when/if they try to resign.

I wonder if we could trade Monroe (and JJ or PonyTail) for Gortat (and Vesely or Otto Porter) or I'll take a 1st round pick instead of Gortat or the throw in.

That is all.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Wizards Can Have Moose

Post  WTF Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:57 pm

I would do a trade deadline trade if Washington gives us Porter and a 1st round Draft Pick as part of the trade.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Brighter Note

Post  WTF Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:45 pm

I love my new Motor City #6 Jersey it's SWEEEEEET!!! with the matching Motor City # T-Shirt and Head Band.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Yep Wow

Post  WTF Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Oracle wrote:After reading Goodwill light into Monroe for getting abused by Griffin & Jennings for sleepwalking, it highlights one thing...

These two are our biggest defensive liabilities!

BTW, Wise, here is some very light reading to help you with your Cheeks delusions Smile

Pistons defensive problems start with Maurice Cheeks, as Clippers highlight

There was a stretch in the 3rd that at not time did Moose show any signs of life, I'm not even sure if Jennings ever scored. I am sure this is the moment that I heard Joe call Moose a Mutha Plucka. As I explained to my friend why Josh was taking some of the shot attempts he takes in games I pointed out the lazy sorry ass movement of Moose's games and how he doesn't create other options for the passers inside. He half asses it.

Okay I agree with grade with exception that I might have given Josh an A oppose to Drummond who had 3 fouls before half time.

I wouldn't necessarily give that F to Cheeks when you have 2 players defending like SH!T (Moose and Jennings) Their effort had nothing to do with coaching yet I do agree that they need to stop dropping in that post area and leaving player open but what are they to do when Moose can't defend his man, and Jennings can't stay in front of his.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Okay True Confession

Post  WTF Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Get to will call my floor seats or now Section 111 Row J still pretty good seats fu2k they're free so not bitching. Oh My I'm seating right in front of Fat Joe he's breathing in my ears right and I'm debating should I call him a dumb ass or behave so that my friends don't get tossed right along with me if I do.

Instead I sat there and broke down every detail of the Bullsh!t I was watching on the floor in a non PG kinda of way and load enough for Mr. Dumars to hear. One of my friends hate Josh Smith largely because he reads more than he actually see when it come to Josh game. So broke down every Josh shot attempt and explained miss or make why he took it. Then he loves Moose largely because he read more than he actually see when it comes to Moose game. Needless to say he became a Josh fan and distant himself from Moose being whatever he thought he was.

Okay two things I learned sitting there today was one they sure do a lot of cursing in Joe's Suite and a lot of times it's Joe. I swear I heard him call Monroe a dumb mutha plucka. I was sitting there killing Moose play and not sure who all the other folks were sitting there with Joe but they were largely in agreement with me. I was sitting there roasting his PG and 8th Pick of the draft among other things.

The beauty of it was that I was able to say these things directly to Joe by referring to myself in first person and saying before every statement "If I was GM of the team I would" I got to say how I would never taken KCP over Burke, I got say why I would never resign Moose, I got to say how I would have followed up signing Josh. I loved it even if I didn't look him in the face and called him a Dumb ass I was in his ear rather he wanted me there or not.

Not seating behind the bench today was a blessing! From now on I want the same seats I got 2 more games coming and I'll gladly take Section 111 Row J again.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:07 pm

Mr. Dembo, if you're not a comedy writer you are missing your calling  brush 

Not sure if this is about Smith vs. Monroe... more like Monroe vs Drummond.... no need to demean GM... just look for a better fit.

You'd have to be deaf, dumb and blind not see how much better the defense was with Jennings & Monroe on the bench... the defense was leading to offense... can only imagine how much better it would be with a two way SF... currently leaning toward Kawhi Leonard... the Spurs will need a successor to TD.

Credit to Don on keeping the faith on Singler... this guy belongs.

Dang it Stuckey are we gonna have to buy this contract performance again?... makes me feel like Vinny Barbarino (so confused)
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Thanks, Guys

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:39 pm

Fumigation can be a two-way street. Maybe the fans can petition the league to have the team fumigated. It could be the old commissioner's last act before retiring.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Fennis: Thanks, we need to laugh to keep from crying, but...

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:09 pm

You're not only funny, you have great insight!

"You'd have better odds of hearing a flea fart in a hurricane" - Fennis

Amazing, that's exactly the complaint of the Piston players!

Every time they step up to the free throw line, they swear that they can't concentrate because of all of those fleas farting!

They've started a petition to fumigate the crowd before games!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:54 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Another useless meeting of the Piston's braintrust.

Gores: Since our last meeting had all the success and grace of a pregnant pole vaulter, I thought we should at least try fixing this team before it ends up like a World War II kamikaze plane.
Cheeks: Ha, ha, bonzai, kaboom!

Dumars: I'd like to bring up the dismal fact that the team is last in the league in foul shooting.  How are you going to fix this shameful embarrassment, coach?
Cheeks: It's the same as the old joke.
Gores: What old joke?  Inquiring minds want to know.  
Cheeks: How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
Dumars:  Oh, I know this. Take the subway.  Go north on Broadway from Grand Central Station.
Gores: How would that fix the freakin' foul shooting?
Dumars:  I don't know.  It's his lame joke.
Gores: Coach Cheeks,  how do you get to Carnegie Hall?  Do tell?
Cheeks:  Practice my son, practice.  

Gores: Joe, put down your not so smart phone and please god in heaven, tell me you have a better idea.
Dumars: I think the coach should give a direct order to the entire team to avoid being fouled.  Better they don't shoot  than look like buffoons missing all those foul shots.
Cheeks: How is that even remotely possible?  You'd have better odds of hearing a flea fart in a hurricane.

Dumars: You know I have a reputation for throwing coaches under the bus and driving over them.
Cheeks: I bet you have your very own rapid transit uniform, size extra extra extra large.
Dumars: You are totally  out of your element, Maurice.

Gores: What can we do to fix the defense?  It has more holes than a bagel factory.
Dumars: How about we give all the fans a capital D and a picket fence to hold up when we are on D-fence?  Either that or we hire Tonya Harding's old gang.
Cheeks: I am dumbfounded, stupified,  and mortified at those suggestions.

Gores: Ditto.  Nevertheless,  we are also dead last in field goal shooting.  How do we improve?
Dumars: I intend to petition the league to lower the rims by three feet to seven feet.  Everybody will be able to dunk without jumping except Bynum. Bynomite!!
Cheeks:  I've got nothing.  I swear, I don't know what he's talking about.

Gores:  Cheese and crackers!  Why did I spend 400 million dollars on a company run by two guys dumber than a bag of doorknobs?  Okay, moving on.  Does anybody have a semi-sane idea about  making a run for the playoffs?
Cheeks: How does a "Fan Apology Night" sound?  We'll give out Hallmark cards to all the fans in attendance that say "We're sorry you chose to watch this mess.  Our bad" .
Dumars: Been there, done that.

Gores:  What we have here is a failure to communicate.  You bitches be crazy.
Dumars:  Is divine intervention by almighty God a viable option?
Cheeks: I know a faith healer.  He could put his hands on every player's head and say, "Lord, heal this crappy player.  Make him a perennial all star."
Dumars: What if God is not on our side?  What if he's a Miami fan?

Gores:  Wow!  I did not see that coming.  We are so screwed.  Where's my Prozak?  I need a double dose, pronto.
Dumars: That's it, we could give all our fans Prozak.  So when we lose, they will be happy anyway.  They won't be bugging us and all negative.  It's a lose-win sitation.
Cheeks: Man up. Go for it!

Fennis, you can make this **** up. Good stuff, as always. clap clap

Last edited by Sebastian on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Been There, Done That

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Another useless meeting of the Piston's braintrust.

Gores: Since our last meeting had all the success and grace of a pregnant pole vaulter, I thought we should at least try fixing this team before it ends up like a World War II kamikaze plane.
Cheeks: Ha, ha, bonzai, kaboom!

Dumars: I'd like to bring up the dismal fact that the team is last in the league in foul shooting.  How are you going to fix this shameful embarrassment, coach?
Cheeks: It's the same as the old joke.
Gores: What old joke?  Inquiring minds want to know.  
Cheeks: How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
Dumars:  Oh, I know this. Take the subway.  Go north on Broadway from Grand Central Station.
Gores: How would that fix the freakin' foul shooting?
Dumars:  I don't know.  It's his lame joke.
Gores: Coach Cheeks,  how do you get to Carnegie Hall?  Do tell?
Cheeks:  Practice my son, practice.  

Gores: Joe, put down your not so smart phone and please god in heaven, tell me you have a better idea.
Dumars: I think the coach should give a direct order to the entire team to avoid being fouled.  Better they don't shoot  than look like buffoons missing all those foul shots.
Cheeks: How is that even remotely possible?  You'd have better odds of hearing a flea fart in a hurricane.

Dumars: You know I have a reputation for throwing coaches under the bus and driving over them.
Cheeks: I bet you have your very own rapid transit uniform, size extra extra extra large.
Dumars: You are totally  out of your element, Maurice.

Gores: What can we do to fix the defense?  It has more holes than a bagel factory.
Dumars: How about we give all the fans a capital D and a picket fence to hold up when we are on D-fence?  Either that or we hire Tonya Harding's old gang.
Cheeks: I am dumbfounded, stupified,  and mortified at those suggestions.

Gores: Ditto.  Nevertheless,  we are also dead last in field goal shooting.  How do we improve?
Dumars: I intend to petition the league to lower the rims by three feet to seven feet.  Everybody will be able to dunk without jumping except Bynum. Bynomite!!
Cheeks:  I've got nothing.  I swear, I don't know what he's talking about.

Gores:  Cheese and crackers!  Why did I spend 400 million dollars on a company run by two guys dumber than a bag of doorknobs?  Okay, moving on.  Does anybody have a semi-sane idea about  making a run for the playoffs?
Cheeks: How does a "Fan Apology Night" sound?  We'll give out Hallmark cards to all the fans in attendance that say "We're sorry you chose to watch this mess.  Our bad" .
Dumars: Been there, done that.

Gores:  What we have here is a failure to communicate.  You bitches be crazy.
Dumars:  Is divine intervention by almighty God a viable option?
Cheeks: I know a faith healer.  He could put his hands on every player's head and say, "Lord, heal this crappy player.  Make him a perennial all star."
Dumars: What if God is not on our side?  What if he's a Miami fan?

Gores:  Wow!  I did not see that coming.  We are so screwed.  Where's my Prozak?  I need a double dose, pronto.
Dumars: That's it, we could give all our fans Prozak.  So when we lose, they will be happy anyway.  They won't be bugging us and all negative.  It's a lose-win situation.
Cheeks: Man up. Go for it!

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Wow

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:32 pm

After reading Goodwill light into Monroe for getting abused by Griffin & Jennings for sleepwalking, it highlights one thing...

These two are our biggest defensive liabilities!

BTW, Wise, here is some very light reading to help you with your Cheeks delusions Smile

Pistons defensive problems start with Maurice Cheeks, as Clippers highlight
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty I missed the game, but...

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Jennings & Moose need to give back their checks!!!

Jennings, wanting to emulate the great Michael Curry, who I believe we also got from the Bucks, lights up the scoreboard with a big fat ZERO points! WTF???

Certainly Curriesque numbers, but Moose chips in with a crummy 6 points?

I'm willing to bet that if you look at Moose's output against the Clippers and Washington when he played center vs what he's getting at PF, you will see that it's the position change that causing the problem!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Stones

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:02 pm

"I'm not a fan of Josh Smith moving to PF. I think he is undersized there and has the advantage playing at the SF. Also, SF is oftentimes the other teams best player and JSmith being an advantage there is ideal.

We just need a faster and more flexible PF. If PF and C both play near the rim, it clogs it up so that JSmith can't take advantage of his size with a high % shot, so he attempts a long 2 instead...and clanks it."
- Stones

I agree that Josh would perform better if we had a stretch 4 that allowed him to abuse SF's down low!

However, it's politics that prevents that from happening, because we have a stretch 4 right now, named Harrelson!

Cheeks can't commit to a front line of Drummond/Monroe, with JORTS & Smith, Joe would kill him, and IMO, he doesn't believe in it anyway!

This will only happen through a trade for someone that demands that they respect him at that position, and the market is a bit tight right now!

The pickings are slim for a good SG as well, but I did like the call for getting Rondo & Green from Boston, I believe it was Lemonpen who made that suggestion.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Go Stones! wrote:IMO the only spot that is solidified is Center with Dre (and Monroe or Jorts as backup).  Jorts has great value for what he does.  I don't see him being traded...but he is not untouchable...there is a difference.  I don't see Joe D trading Josh Smith either.  However, anyone else can be traded.  

Jennings/Monroe - only if they upgrade their position (ie, Knight/Middleton for Jennings is a 2 for 1 upgrade that made us better)
KCP - we thought Knight couldn't be traded.
Billups - hey, Joe D traded his buddy Hunter a couple times:)
Siva/Mitchell - throw ins
Singler/JJ - added bonus to assist in tipping the scales in our favor.  Singler most likely won't be traded b/c he is a glue guy who plays 3 positions.  Singler would cancel out JJ's abilities.

Stuckey - he is valuable, however, is it b/c of a new coach?  Is it b/c of a contract year?  Is it b/c he is just now healthy?  Joe D needs to figure out what he wants to do long term and go for it.  I figure he should be in the "Jennings/Monroe" bracket above...upgrade the 6th man or add him to something else and get even better.  I still think that Stuckey (expiring contract and all) for Afflalo is a perfect deal for us.  He would end up being SG/SF for us.  Then KCP could come off the bench.  

CV - I personally think that Joe D will trade CV at deadline.  Reason is b/c there are so many teams looking for tanking ability and to free up cap space this summer.  I think the time is now....especially since they have been playing him instead of Jorts and JJ.  (Has anyone else noticed that CV has less arch on his 3pt shot these days?)  The only other option is to keep him b/c Joe D has his eyes on a certain free agent this summer.  Hmmmm.  

I know all you guys want Joe D fired.  The issue is that he has made great trades when he was allowed to.  He is not over with and there will be a trade or two by the deadline and then you guys will be on his side once again.  

I say THREE of our current Pistons will be traded before the deadline.  What do you say?

Dumars has not shown that he can evaluate talent very well at all over the past 6 years. What happened to this guy? Was it a mid life crisis. If so he took the team down with him. This situation with Piston guards just gets to me in a bad way. How could Dumars sign both Bynum and Jennings and expect this team could function like a real NBA team? Who is Mo Cheeks? Why would he play both of them in the same game often together? That is not smart basketball. No guard defenders on the floor. Guards that dribble the ball down the court and shoot it without passing. Bynum did that 5 times at least in the last game. How can anyone trust what Joe Dumars might do if he did try to move some players? Do you really trust him Go Stones? Last years team played better together than this team with all the alleged talent sports writers keep writing about. I don't see the talent. I see really dumb players wearing the Piston uniform. Will Joe bring in more dumb players or fundamentally unsound basketball players?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Sebastian

Post  Phil-Good Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:08 pm

God Bless Stuckey and his family. Yes, he playing for his next contract and nobody's mad at him at all for it.

Get that money.

Forget trading Greg Monroe in my opinion. I would not trade him. If anything, I would trade or move Josh Smith to the 6th man role. Really, he not that smart of A basketball player to be A starter. I hate to say it but after 3 months of watching this guy play, he just A dumb, low basketball IQ player. NO DISRESPECT. I'm sure he A smart man, street wise but basketball IQ wise, he just don't get it.

I think he would be A great 6th man after his EGO takes A back-seat.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Kick this around...

Post  Go Stones! Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:13 pm

What about trading Moose for a top 10 pick? (Could be at trade deadline but wouldn't know which spot, or even at draft). I just really think that Joe D will find a way to get a 1st round pick...assuming that we are good enough for Bobcats to get our 1st round draft this year.

What does trading for a first round pick do? I'm not even sure...let me give it a try...just kicking the tires...may be a loser idea.

1. It gets rid of Moose
2. Allows us to get something potentially miraculous instead of nothing...and had a cheaper rate since that player would be on a rookie contract.
3. We could draft our need instead of just PF/C.
4. Would save 6-10M/year by doing this and could sign a nice PF for that amount.
5. This is all contingent on this being a deep draft.

Worst case scenario is that we have Singler spell SF, Josh Smith at PF and Dre at C with Jorts off the bench for PF/C. Not ideal, however, it may allow us to find our way for next year. Maybe Jorts gives us the 3 point threat that spreads the floor for the case that this summer we get an upgraded player in that same mold (Ryan Anderson) with Jorts coming off the bench.

I'm not a fan of Josh Smith moving to PF. I think he is undersized there and has the advantage playing at the SF. Also, SF is oftentimes the other teams best player and JSmith being an advantage there is ideal.

We just need a faster and more flexible PF. If PF and C both play near the rim, it clogs it up so that JSmith can't take advantage of his size with a high % shot, so he attempts a long 2 instead...and clanks it.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty As A Lame Duck General Manger

Post  WTF Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:57 am

I don't see Joe doing anything though he should be desperate and try to swing for the fence on turning the team around. IMO Joe has surrendered all hope on turning the team around and have concluded to his days being numbered. I wouldn't even be surprise that tanking the season haven't been discussed or considered as an option.

In any case Moose should be traded come deadline or this summer, not sure when he's truly more valuable as a trade pieces before or after the season ends. By no means should a new GM or Joe if he's lucky to still be around should be in a position to wrongly extend a contract to Moose if Drummond is indeed our "Franchised Center" Some team is going to offer Moose more than the Pistons are willing to pay him.

IMO we need to go after the best SF and play Josh at PF and allow Drummond his growing pains and find a way to keep Harrellson here.

Joe has screwed up the back court so bad I don't know what could be done but trading Stuckey or not resigning him wouldn't be my first option. Team should allow Chauncey to retire after this season hang his jersey and put him in a front office position. Bynum should traded at first opportunity.

It make only sense to trade CV made trade deadline but best case scenario could be some late first round pick from a contending team out West (Portland, Houston, Clippers, and so on).

This team has played so poorly this season that even making the playoffs as a 8th seed at this point doesn't save Joe job and should be consider an accomplishment.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Predictions? Anyone? Anyone?

Post  Go Stones! Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:37 am

IMO the only spot that is solidified is Center with Dre (and Monroe or Jorts as backup). Jorts has great value for what he does. I don't see him being traded...but he is not untouchable...there is a difference. I don't see Joe D trading Josh Smith either. However, anyone else can be traded.

Jennings/Monroe - only if they upgrade their position (ie, Knight/Middleton for Jennings is a 2 for 1 upgrade that made us better)
KCP - we thought Knight couldn't be traded.
Billups - hey, Joe D traded his buddy Hunter a couple times:)
Siva/Mitchell - throw ins
Singler/JJ - added bonus to assist in tipping the scales in our favor. Singler most likely won't be traded b/c he is a glue guy who plays 3 positions. Singler would cancel out JJ's abilities.

Stuckey - he is valuable, however, is it b/c of a new coach? Is it b/c of a contract year? Is it b/c he is just now healthy? Joe D needs to figure out what he wants to do long term and go for it. I figure he should be in the "Jennings/Monroe" bracket above...upgrade the 6th man or add him to something else and get even better. I still think that Stuckey (expiring contract and all) for Afflalo is a perfect deal for us. He would end up being SG/SF for us. Then KCP could come off the bench.

CV - I personally think that Joe D will trade CV at deadline. Reason is b/c there are so many teams looking for tanking ability and to free up cap space this summer. I think the time is now....especially since they have been playing him instead of Jorts and JJ. (Has anyone else noticed that CV has less arch on his 3pt shot these days?) The only other option is to keep him b/c Joe D has his eyes on a certain free agent this summer. Hmmmm.

I know all you guys want Joe D fired. The issue is that he has made great trades when he was allowed to. He is not over with and there will be a trade or two by the deadline and then you guys will be on his side once again.

I say THREE of our current Pistons will be traded before the deadline. What do you say?

Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Heading To Game Later This Afternoon Hope They Come To Play

Post  WTF Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:29 am

Yep Stuckey is correct to bad Cheeks couldn't say the same thing. This is Joe's screwed up visions, these are Joe players and Joe's coach and has to assess the pieces he has on the roster and make whatever decisions needed.

Though I can find things wrong with how Cheeks manage the rotation at times but unlike my Pal Oracle I can't put the Lions Share of blame at the doorsteps of the coach. As in my previous analogy this isn't a issue of Bad Teacher then it is Bad Students because the players Joe has embedded in the roster are flawed (mentally) and the roster still have a high level of imbalanced. The Roster is just plain bad and no coach should be force to make this sh!t work. Players are the problem not the coaching staff.

I honestly IMO think no coach could get this team playing the way it should be playing, we all know the potential of these players and there is no single solution to getting them all performing at their best because they all are under performing for individual reasons. Drummond has to grow we all know that, KCP isn't a shooter and likely will never be a Ray Allen or Michael Redd, type player that would fit perfectly into the rotation. Moose isn't a PF and Smith not yet a SF, but what bothers me about the Moose scenario is his lack of trying. Jennings lacks the same brain cells that Knight was lacking as a PG and often gets stuck on stupid, street balling and show boating.

I have to agree with Seb that to date the only player that has played up to expectation has been Rodney Stuckey and he has been our most consistent player and best player to date. As Oracle said it doesn't make him a no trade but Joe damn sure need to make sure that it's an obvious upgrade of both talent and fit.

These Fu2kers better play hard today win or lose.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next