Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Go Stones!
CMUGroupProject
FlyDog
Sissy1946
Murph
15 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Ain't no tanking around here

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:31 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:Why are we trying to win games again  facepalm 
To tank or not to tank, if anyone on this team even thinks about tanking then I want them off this team, when you go out on that court you go to win with any team your on, to tank is a losers mentality. You play your best & let the chips fall where they may.
Besides this team has no clue on how to win let alone on how to tank, their not good enough to even fathom that thought.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty That Might Have Worked

Post  WTF Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:23 pm

Oracle wrote:
MOOSEFAN wrote:LOL! I look exactly Joe ass minus all the poundage even have that same spot of gray hair.  We're both Gemini's but I'm not nearly as crazy as his ass either.  

Why did you wait this long to tell us that!

Hell, we could have got you a fat suit, tied up Joe in the janitors closet(his true home), and had you make the GM decisions  lol

I thought I mention it once before but Joe got me on the height I'm only 5'6  lol but he never stands up so I might been able to pull it off. Yeah Rick and Salley use to get a kick out of seeing me when my company use to do those mini camps back in the 80's with Pistons players. Back then I could only fool the kids
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Jacking Up Lotto Position Again

Post  WTF Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Why are we trying to win games again  facepalm 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Singler & Jennings back in...

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 pm

BAM!!!

Detroit leads 64-62
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty We've got to get more physical

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:38 pm

Hell, I remember when Sheed & Ben used to bully the crap out of the Bulls!

We've got the size, but now lack the heart!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Singler and Jennings were playing great, then...

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:36 pm

In comes Bynum & Stuckey and POOF there goes our lead!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Damn Wise!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:35 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:LOL! I look exactly Joe ass minus all the poundage even have that same spot of gray hair.  We're both Gemini's but I'm not nearly as crazy as his ass either.  

Why did you wait this long to tell us that!

Hell, we could have got you a fat suit, tied up Joe in the janitors closet(his true home), and had you make the GM decisions  lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 pm

Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 5 Joe-dumars

First, look at the size of Dumars... He's lost weight! Not surprising as we see a coffee cup, but NO Donuts!!!

Secondly, we see Joe using the standard trick of super GM's, letting other GM's talk to each other as the voice of one travels from the phone through Joe's head to the other on the cell phone!

Thirdly, there's the triangle of death! Joe has a computer monitor fresh out of the 90's, a feature phone, not a smart phone, and a telephone from the same era! Conclusion: This dude hasn't caught up to the 21st century!!!

Finally it's obvious that even though he has a watch on, he clearly doesn't know what time it is... time to GO!!!
It just could be that this photo was taken during a phone conversation with Darko and his agent which would explain the old monitor. Yet Joe might be in a cost saving mode and perhaps this was the important conversation where Joe wrapped up that great deal with Bynum and his agent. Perhaps one phone is for Bynum's agent and the other could be the excited Pistons owner, Mr. Gores. When will Joe write a tell all book?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:33 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:Man I'm so tired of them using NY as some dis-qualifier for Zeke being considered for the job as if its the only thing on his resume.   Wasn't he also largely responsible for the development of the current D-League, President and minority owner of the Raptors and successfully coached the Pacers.  

Lets just say he got more out of Stephan than Joe got out of Iverson. So he hit a bad streak in NY and I don't believe Zeke harassed that ugly ass woman.  If Gores was smart and he don't hire Hollins his next choice should be Lamb as coach and Zeke as GM

Pistons could not go wrong with those two former players Moosefan.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Damn My Daughter Is Cracking Up At Photo

Post  WTF Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:17 pm

LOL! I look exactly Joe ass minus all the poundage even have that same spot of gray hair. We're both Gemini's but I'm not nearly as crazy as his ass either.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Oracle I Hate Our Local Media

Post  WTF Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:12 pm

Man I'm so tired of them using NY as some dis-qualifier for Zeke being considered for the job as if its the only thing on his resume. Wasn't he also largely responsible for the development of the current D-League, President and minority owner of the Raptors and successfully coached the Pacers.

Lets just say he got more out of Stephan than Joe got out of Iverson. So he hit a bad streak in NY and I don't believe Zeke harassed that ugly ass woman. If Gores was smart and he don't hire Hollins his next choice should be Lamb as coach and Zeke as GM
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty So sad, this picture says a lot!

Post  WTF Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Oracle wrote:FORUM - Page 5 Joe-dumars

First, look at the size of Dumars... He's lost weight! Not surprising as we see a coffee cup, but NO Donuts!!!

Secondly, we see Joe using the standard trick of super GM's, letting other GM's talk to each other as the voice of one travels from the phone through Joe's head to the other on the cell phone!

Thirdly, there's the triangle of death! Joe has a computer monitor fresh out of the 90's, a feature phone, not a smart phone, and a telephone from the same era! Conclusion: This dude hasn't caught up to the 21st century!!!

Finally it's obvious that even though he has a watch on, he clearly doesn't know what time it is... time to GO!!!

And his elbows are rusty and ashy as hell  facepalm WTF! Joe get some Jergens
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty So sad, this picture says a lot!

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:59 pm

FORUM - Page 5 Joe-dumars

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Don: Medicine for Joe

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:31 pm

How about doing this,

Instead of the ball, why not throw Dumars check in to these guards and see if they ever pass it back  lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Drew not so Sharp

Post  Oracle Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:29 pm

MOOSEFAN wrote:I'm so sick and tired of people especially local media bashing Zeke about his tenure as GM and President of the New York Knicks. Drew Sharp and some others are assholes who repeatedly ignored the ignorance of Joe for 10 seasons and refused to criticize all the dumb **** he did until recently because his ass is surely gone at season end.

Granted Zeke was horrible in New York largely because he had no restraints on spending in a large market and over bearing media scrutiny.  Why do they throw out mentioning his success in drafting in Toronto and his success as a coach in Indy. I don't care what Zeke did in New York it's doesn't compare to the dumb **** Joe has done since winning the title in 2004 in which I still say he gets far too much credit for.

Drafting Darko passing on Melo, Bosh and Wade and currently his dumb decision to pass on Burke sandwich 10 years of stupid **** that should have left local media screaming obscenities but instead they consistently made excuses for him.  

Drew Sharp is stupid and he's always sucked Joe ass, first off Gores is not Dolan and I doubt if he would allow Zeke to spend as freely as he did in New York.  Zeke tried buying a title and on paper a lot of the **** he did made sense initially but it was always a risk he wasn't signing players who couldn't play.  Unlike the dumb ass GM we had here, Please refer to Jennings, Charlie and Gordon.

Wise, that was so nice, it deserved showing twice!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Oracle wrote:Their skill in running an offense is unmatched by most guards!

I've found their ability to call their own numbers to exceed that of almost any other guards in the NBA!

Bynum is probably slightly better at this than anyone, as in the Knicks game, I saw him call his number on several consecutive trips down the court, leaving his teammates in spectator role as no one else got to touch the basketball except Bynum!

Sure Jennings has attacks to sanity from time to time, but just give him time, and he'll revert to a bunch of off balance shots, getting trapped in a corner, or just plain getting the ball taken away from him!

These two suck to high heaven IMO!

They never seem to get the memo that Drummond is the focus and star of this team, and getting him as many touches in the flow of the game is what their main J.O.B is all about!

Oracle the focus for all Piston fans should be the current Piston point guards. Joe Dumars as forgotten that bad chemistry will always be created when a GM signs shoot first point guards who are extremely weak defenders. No big man wants to play with a guard who places too much pressure on them on defense because that guard has no clue as to how to stop dribble penetration or just doesn't give a damn about playing defense altogether. And big men, small forwards and 2 guards do not like playing with a point guard who thinks he is a one man offense always looking to build his stats. Will Bynum has a long history of never being able to play point guard. While at Arizona his teammates did not enjoy Will's shoot first mentality. Lute Olson sent him to the bench because of that and also because the coach could not hide Bynum on defense. Will let his teammates down too many times by losing concentration on the defensive end or not being able to figure out how team orientated defense works. Nothing has changed in that regard for Will. I admire the fact that Bynum has worked extremely hard to get to where is currently is with this new 2 year contract. Good for him but it only shows me that Joe Dumars has no idea how to build a real NBA team. Time after time, Dumars has signed defective players and usually players who play selfishly and have never shown any ability to defend. Look around the league at the quality teams and you will not see players on those teams like our point guards. Other GMs are not think like Joe Dumars. He needs to retire now before he is fired. 

If a team is serious they will be able to stop our Pistons in their tracks because of Joe's selection of point guards. I have no respect for this current head coach who has actually increased the playing time of dysfunctional players. This coach actually encourages Bynum to play the one man game. It is time to fire this coach and make Joe sit next to his players for the rest of the season. Maybe Dumars is not close enough to the action and needs new glasses.

Is it possible that perhaps if all Will Bynum's playing time and some of Brandon Jennings playing time had been given to Siva or KCP to man the point guard position that there might be more fan interest in this team right now. Maybe there would be some hope for the future at least. But the way it looks is that Mr. Gores is happy with this team and how the point guards play like street ball wizards and next season we will see the same players. This is a young team and it appears that Joe Dumars, Mr. Gores and the new head coach believe this current group of players are the future. Two small point guards who are selfish shoot first type players that play the worst defense of any of the other point guards in the league are getting all the playing time. As Dr. Evil said in several movies, "why am I surrounded with IDIOTS". Can you doubt that some of Detroit's quality players are thinking that? No player wants to play with our two point guards. No free agent wants to play with our point guards. Fans do not enjoy watching our point guards. The clean up people at the Palace do not enjoy cleaning up after watching our point guards. Fire Joe Dumars now and fire this head coach as well. Promote Rasheed to coach for the rest of the season. He wouldn't want to play ball with those two point guards. Now in the 2nd half, Jennings did share the ball a lot. I will give him a pass because of that but Will has never done that yet. That is not Bynum's game. Give me the ball and I will show you how great I am. That is Will.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Whatever Drew Sharp

Post  WTF Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:12 am

I'm so sick and tired of people especially local media bashing Zeke about his tenure as GM and President of the New York Knicks. Drew Sharp and some others are assholes who repeatedly ignored the ignorance of Joe for 10 seasons and refused to criticize all the dumb **** he did until recently because his ass is surely gone at season end.

Granted Zeke was horrible in New York largely because he had no restraints on spending in a large market and over bearing media scrutiny. Why do they throw out mentioning his success in drafting in Toronto and his success as a coach in Indy. I don't care what Zeke did in New York it's doesn't compare to the dumb **** Joe has done since winning the title in 2004 in which I still say he gets far too much credit for.

Drafting Darko passing on Melo, Bosh and Wade and currently his dumb decision to pass on Burke sandwich 10 years of stupid **** that should have left local media screaming obscenities but instead they consistently made excuses for him.

Drew Sharp is stupid and he's always sucked Joe ass, first off Gores is not Dolan and I doubt if he would allow Zeke to spend as freely as he did in New York. Zeke tried buying a title and on paper a lot of the **** he did made sense initially but it was always a risk he wasn't signing players who couldn't play. Unlike the dumb ass GM we had here, Please refer to Jennings, Charlie and Gordon.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Don, Jennings & Bynum are two of the best guards in the league

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:20 pm

Their skill in running an offense is unmatched by most guards!

I've found their ability to call their own numbers to exceed that of almost any other guards in the NBA!

Bynum is probably slightly better at this than anyone, as in the Knicks game, I saw him call his number on several consecutive trips down the court, leaving his teammates in spectator role as no one else got to touch the basketball except Bynum!

Sure Jennings has attacks to sanity from time to time, but just give him time, and he'll revert to a bunch of off balance shots, getting trapped in a corner, or just plain getting the ball taken away from him!

These two suck to high heaven IMO!

They never seem to get the memo that Drummond is the focus and star of this team, and getting him as many touches in the flow of the game is what their main J.O.B is all about!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Bandon Jennings played really well in the 2nd half

Post  cool breeze Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:51 pm

What happened at halftime in the locker room? In the 2nd half Jennings was a real point guard setting up his teammates like a real pro. He was a pass first point guard and that is what this team needs right now. i know many of you and our Piston announcers were thinking how well Bynum played in the 4th quarter scoring all of those points and even getting a steal. Good for him but that is not what a good point guard is supposed to do. Bynum did not pass the basketball on 4 straight possessions. he jacked up a long 3 point shot with 19 minutes on the shot clock. the shot went in but I thought he is still a stupid idiot. None of his teammates can get their timing down if there is not a chance that they will ever touch the ball when Bynum is in the game. Why screen or move without the ball? Let Bynum score. This must be what management is telling Bynum now hoping that he can create some excitement and create interest for the fans. Why in hell are the Pistons not trying to figure out who can play next year at point guard. I would have rather had Jennings in there in crunch time. He was making his teammates better basketball players. But looking at Siva on the bench it looks like he has been lifting weights. The guy looks to be in great condition. What scares me the most is the thought that upper management will come back with Bynum again next season. 

New York is a lousy basketball team. Drummond looked really good and he played hard. But he still has a lot to learn knowing how he played in the first half against Dallas. But Drummond sure is fun to watch so he is the bright light for the Detroit Pistons this season. Now get some real guards Mr. Gores.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty Dre and the line ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:31 am

Oracle wrote:Here's an offense that they could run for Drummond almost every night!

Play Drummond on the high post with Moose in the low post.

Feed Drummond the ball and clear out the court for him to take his man off the dribble straight to the basket!

Yeah, he may get fouled, but he'll foul out anybody guarding him, and he could use the FT practice!

But the point is that there isn't a center in the league not named Howard or possible Jordan that can athletically keep up with him off the dribble(and very few PF's either)!

Once he gets that baby hook and those post moves working, he's going to be hard to stop, and Howard gives me hope on the FT issue!

Yo, Oracle, I think that Dre can and is getting better from the line. He was 5-7, last night, 0-1 against Houston, and 2-2 at San Antonio. He seems to have a routine now, where he is far more relaxed and confident when shooting from the line. But, you're right maybe WE should have Dre facing the basket and Moose down low, as Dre has far more basketball instincts and can recover much quicker than Moose.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty IMO, Drummond doesn't need to be close to the basket

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:06 am

Here's an offense that they could run for Drummond almost every night!

Play Drummond on the high post with Moose in the low post.

Feed Drummond the ball and clear out the court for him to take his man off the dribble straight to the basket!

Yeah, he may get fouled, but he'll foul out anybody guarding him, and he could use the FT practice!

But the point is that there isn't a center in the league not named Howard or possible Jordan that can athletically keep up with him off the dribble(and very few PF's either)!

Once he gets that baby hook and those post moves working, he's going to be hard to stop, and Howard gives me hope on the FT issue!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty There is GREAT Hope!

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:51 am

Ever been driving and come across a very bad traffic accident? Do you keep driving or is it somehow irresistible to cast a glance to see wtf is going on?

Well, the Pistons are like that accident, so we're likely to watch as much of it as our stomach's can stand before turning away!

But there is another good reason to watch, and that's Andre Drummond!

I watch in stunning amazement at what a 2nd year player is doing, the kid is off the charts! Only the best of the best superstars put up these types of numbers, and Drummond has no game, no plays run for him... NOTHING! He's playing on instinct, smarts, hard work, and mostly on an amazing base of talent!

Am I biased? Hell yeah, but I hope I'm being realistic enough to tell the truth about him. IMO, it's time to tear this piece of s.h.i.t down, getting rid of all of the dead weight and focus solely on building a team that maximizes Drummonds talent, and the winning will come!

Here's a little about our amazing man child...

"Entering Monday, Drummond's previous career high in the rebounding department was 22, which he set on Feb. 7 against the Brooklyn Nets and then matched again on Feb. 18 against the Charlotte Bobcats. In the Pistons' loss to the Bobcats, Drummond split his rebounding total evenly, hauling in 11 boards on both the offensive and defensive end.

According to Basketball-Reference.com, Drummond is one of just five players—along with Dwight Howard, Anderson Varejao, J.J. Hickson and LaMarcus Aldridge—to pull down at least 25 rebounds in a single game this season.

And if we want to get really specific, Drummond and Howard are the only two players to score at least 17 points and rack up at least 26 rebounds during the 2013-14 campaign, per Basketball-Reference.com(Note: He should have been the ONLY player with 17+ points and 27 rebounds as I posted earlier!)

After such a dominant performance, the second-year center's numbers will only continue to soar. Prior to gashing the Knicks on the glass, Drummond ranked tops in the Association with 5.9 contested rebounds per game, according to the league's SportVu player tracking data.

Drummond's also the only player in the NBA who averages more than five offensive rebounds, pulling down 1.4 more than the second-ranked DeAndre Jordan and Robin Lopez. 

Furthermore, Drummond ranks fifth in contested rebound percentage, defined as the number of contested rebounds a player grabs divided by their total rebounding figure. 

Still in just his second season, Drummond has already established himself as one of the game's most assertive forces on the glass and will only become more physically imposing once he develops a polished offensive game." - Andre Drummond Records Career-High 26 Rebounds vs. Knicks
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty The new coach must like the way Bynum was dribbling down the court and driving to the hoop always with a bad result

Post  cool breeze Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:53 am

Wasn't it something like 4 times in a row in the 2nd quarter that Bynum went coast to coast but got his shot blocked when he over penetrated into tall trees? One time the shot wasn't blocked but hit Bynum's leg and went out of bounds. He didn't get a steal or anything like that. Other Piston players did make the attempt to set up in the half court offense. But the coach just watched this happen as if he approves of this kind of street ball. Isn't it about time to give Siva or KCP a crack at playing point guard? Is our upper management team still pushing to make the playoffs instead of keeping that number one draft pick? The only good thing that could possibly happen to keep the attention of the fans is for Detroit to keep that number one pick. Otherwise forget it Mr. Gores. Season ticket holders will not be lining up to secure their tickets next season. Nobody will be thinking about the Detroit Pistons if you don't somehow pull the rabbit out of the hat and keep that draft pick. 

Losing the rest of the games is our only hope. Start the amazing Charlie V. at power forward on the theory that he deserves another look to find out if the organization wants to offer a new contract. Use Siva at point guard. Play Bynum as a starter at the 2 guard. Play Stuckey at small forward. And start Datome at center. Relieve Siva with KCP at point guard at times but make the rest of the players play the entire game from here on out and don't call any timeouts coaching staff. We will have two of our 8.5 million dollar a year players on the court together. 

Mr. Gores could contact all the local news networks and announce that his half time entertainment specials will be cancelled and will be replaced from within the inner circle of the upper management team that created this current team.  Mr. Gores could force Joe Dumars to wear a tight cheerleading uniform and perform with the current cheerleaders during all timeouts and at halftime. Joe will be forced to do the splits or hand over the keys to his executive office.  Let Rasheed sing the national anthem. Piston fans will be happy as hell in the end because we can look forward to this coming draft.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty WTF Loyer?????

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:58 pm

Why in the world would he take Drummond out when he needed only 1 more rebound to claim sole possession of the most rebounds by anyone in the NBA this season!

He tied Howard with 26, but this dumb ass coach takes him out... WTF!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 5 Empty I didn't like Cheeks, but...

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:10 pm

No one can deny that they were finally beginning to make some progress when he was canned!

However, Barkely was right, no matter what, the root problems Jennings & Josh would still be around to sabotage the future.

We can deal with one, but not both of them, and I pick Josh over Jennings, but wouldn't lose any sleep if we got rid of both and got a decent PG & SF in the process!

What a missed opportunity to get Burke or MCW! It wasn't as bad as Joe blowing the pick on Darko in a super rich talent draft that could have netted us Carmelo, DWade or Bosh, but it's looking like a decent 2nd!

Sure Joe has drafted decently, but when he blows it, it's a doosie!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next