Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Murph
lemonpen
Oracle
cool breeze
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Sebastian
deusXango
Sparma
Grizz2
15 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Irony abounds in this game!

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:42 am

Two former great Pistons Chauncey Billips & Grant Hill(although I may get some blowback on Hill) playing for the Clippers and kicking our collective arses!

The good news is that Larry Frank says that we're better than our record! He can't prove it, but it must be true because you can't get lies printed in the local papers!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Poor Knight

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:47 am

It's sad that because he's such a good player and will contest anything he gets slammed, but Twitter was ABUSIVE on him after that posterization!

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Prince

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:02 am

IMO, the Pistons also really miss Prince!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Clipped

Post  Sparma Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:23 am

Couldn't watch the game, although I saw the (K)night's lowlight.

I'm beginning to have serious doubts, along with Oracle, that we'll be able to bring JC back. You'd sure like to have reliable (unspoken?) signs early. Don't you draft (Burke?) before you really know what's on the horizon with FAs?

Depending on the draft and early FA indications, I'd be inclined to make the following maneuver. If I were running the show (along with the money!), I'd amnesty CV and make offers to Josh Smith and restricted free agent Jeff Teague. That might increase the odds of getting one or the other, eg, if the Hawks fight hard to retain Josh Smith. And if we're far enough under the cap, don't we get to make trade without (near-) salary equivalency? I wonder if a sign-and-trade involving Teague and Brandon Knight might be possible.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:27 am

What the hell's gonna happen this summer? eat
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Is this man on Drugs?

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:19 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

It's alright to be positive about our core pieces, but is he really positive about FranK's coaching? It seems clear to me from that article that Frank is Gores hire!

Too bad!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Burke :(

Post  WTF Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:46 am

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:Just can't win the big ones!
Oracle, it seems that he certainly had a bad game. Did you see the hard-nosed play by Oladipo, and the genuine emotion he displayed after the game? That kid's going to be a heck of a pro.

Okay I'm finally out of my coma and I can comment of this loss. Missed FT's by Burke, Hardaway and Robinson really hurt them in the closing seconds of that game. I can't say they (Burke) choked but this was a game they should have won.

Now Oracle this should stop the concern of size issue with Burke. Hoosier put their best defender (Oladipo 6'6) on Burke and consistently ran three players at him all game but he still managed to put up his average. Burke started off early with those 4 TO's in the 1st half but bounced back quickly. I'm still very much sold on Burke.

DX, Oladipo was inside of Burke underwear defensively and made Burke take some tough shots.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Monroe Sucks

Post  WTF Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:11 am

He has a 10pt 5reb 3TO's effort and them blast his team mates effort, really what nerves. I've been saying this for some time now that we need to trade his sorry ass because he consistently bends over when facing top talent at his position. Now he's pointing a finger at team mates I could understand him doing this if he had a monter double-double last night and the team fail to follow his lead but he stunk as bad as any of them.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:20 am

Oracle wrote:It's sad that because he's such a good player and will contest anything he gets slammed, but Twitter was ABUSIVE on him after that posterization!

I hope Knight was equally abusive on Monroe and CV in the lockerroom for not being the ones challenging the play. Little fella plays with tons more heart than the others.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Our YouTube Super Star

Post  WTF Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 am

First it was the ankle breaking by Kyrie at All Star Weekend and now beast dunk from Jordan. Have to give him credit for standing in there and taking on Jordan more than you can say for our bigs who get slice through like butter most of the time.

Sadly that posterizing represent our entire season so far and poor Brandon got killed nationally by fans, his peers and the media. I myself had to laugh at it and at all the comments being made about it...Tough being a Pistons Fan these days facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty JC

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:27 am

Oracle wrote:Is NOT coming back to this team!

If he does, it will be a miracle, and the Miracles left Detroit years ago Smile

Especially if we draft a PG. Can't blame him though. He is probably looking at his last good contract, and best opportunity to win big.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Moose

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:30 am

WISEFAN wrote:He has a 10pt 5reb 3TO's effort and them blast his team mates effort, really what nerves. I've been saying this for some time now that we need to trade his sorry ass because he consistently bends over when facing top talent at his position. Now he's pointing a finger at team mates I could understand him doing this if he had a monter double-double last night and the team fail to follow his lead but he stunk as bad as any of them.

Moose suffered quite a few defensive lapses last night. With the exception of BK7 and JJ I didn't see very many guys risking a late season injury. The rest of the season could be nearly unbearable to watch.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Spring Cleaning I Hope

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 am

merc wrote:What the hell's gonna happen this summer? [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Out with the old (Trade Stuckey & CV, allow Bynum to walk).

In with the new (Draft a Stud / Trade for a Stud / Entice an above average FA to slip on the uni).
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:06 am

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:It's sad that because he's such a good player and will contest anything he gets slammed, but Twitter was ABUSIVE on him after that posterization!

I hope Knight was equally abusive on Monroe and CV in the lockerroom for not being the ones challenging the play. Little fella plays with tons more heart than the others.

Sorry that wasn't CV fault he was on the perimeter guarding his man Odom like he was suppose to do. That play falls squarely on the shoulders of Moose, Jordan was his man on that play. Like I said earlier the nerve of Moose questioning anyones effort beyond his own. Yeah Knight should be all in his grill.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:20 am

lemonpen wrote:
merc wrote:What the hell's gonna happen this summer? [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

In with the new (Draft a Stud / Trade for a Stud / Entice an above average FA to slip on the uni).
Lemon, I notice that Maggette (who's talked about coming back) and Maxiell (who don't need to come back) are conspicously missing from your "Out with the old." Whatsup?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:33 am

deusXango wrote:
lemonpen wrote:

Lemon, I notice that Maggette (who's talked about coming back) and Maxiell (who don't need to come back) are conspicously missing from your "Out with the old." Whatsup?

DX, it should be a "No Brainer" on Joe's part that those 2 are no longer with the team. That really only leave the above three although I would toss JJ into that mix as well. What I would like to see next season is that there's no doubt about who needs to be on the court playing. I want a roster our top 10 players etched into stone from beginning to end.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:44 am

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:He has a 10pt 5reb 3TO's effort and them blast his team mates effort, really what nerves. I've been saying this for some time now that we need to trade his sorry ass because he consistently bends over when facing top talent at his position. Now he's pointing a finger at team mates I could understand him doing this if he had a monter double-double last night and the team fail to follow his lead but he stunk as bad as any of them.

Moose suffered quite a few defensive lapses last night. With the exception of BK7 and JJ I didn't see very many guys risking a late season injury. The rest of the season could be nearly unbearable to watch.
Wise, Lemon, going forward I think that the team needs a more athletic big than Monroe. I was a big supporter of Monroe, when the Pistons first drafted him because, we had no other bigs on the team worth a sh!t....a team of "combo guards" and "hybrid forwards." There's a danger of losing trade value by holding onto a player for too long, which Stuckey has made abundantly clear, so I'm for trading Monroe now! He is the most marketable trade piece Dumars has.

Drummond has made it mandatory that we look for a more athletic defender at PF than what we have now...Knight has demonstrated that in addition to that, we need a big that plays with heart and wild abandon, yet uses his head. With "Moose," Stuckey, and money I think enough reasonable pressure could be applied for a sign and trade of Smith, or out right trade of Aldridge. Either one of those players would make a great pairing with Drummond and both would love playing with him, IMHO. Thoughts?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 am

WISEFAN wrote:
deusXango wrote:
lemonpen wrote:

DX, it should be a "No Brainer" on Joe's part that those 2 are no longer with the team. That really only leave the above three although I would toss JJ into that mix as well. What I would like to see next season is that there's no doubt about who needs to be on the court playing. I want a roster our top 10 players etched into stone from beginning to end.

I just see Maggette as already being out, permanently. I have no problem with bringing JMax back, (a) at the right price (~$3M), and (b) coming off of the pine, exclusively.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:55 am

WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:

Sorry that wasn't CV fault he was on the perimeter guarding his man Odom like he was suppose to do. That play falls squarely on the shoulders of Moose, Jordan was his man on that play. Like I said earlier the nerve of Moose questioning anyones effort beyond his own. Yeah Knight should be all in his grill.

Yeah, Charlie wasn't really at fault. It was my iinner "cool breeze" coming out. I guess I don't like his socks when he is guarding someone on the perimeter. BUM!!!
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:20 am

deusXango wrote:
lemonpen wrote:

Wise, Lemon, going forward I think that the team needs a more athletic big than Monroe. I was a big supporter of Monroe, when the Pistons first drafted him because, we had no other bigs on the team worth a sh!t....a team of "combo guards" and "hybrid forwards." There's a danger of losing trade value by holding onto a player for too long, which Stuckey has made abundantly clear, so I'm for trading Monroe now! He is the most marketable trade piece Dumars has.

Drummond has made it mandatory that we look for a more athletic defender at PF than what we have now...Knight has demonstrated that in addition to that, we need a big that plays with heart and wild abandon, yet uses his head. With "Moose," Stuckey, and money I think enough reasonable pressure could be applied for a sign and trade of Smith, or out right trade of Aldridge. Either one of those players would make a great pairing with Drummond and both would love playing with him, IMHO. Thoughts?

DX, I'm not totally against the idea but, could you live with a version of Moose that is a more heady defender. Think Laimbeer. You're asking Joe to take on a buttload of contracts in this soon to become zero lux tax world. And, you're making this request before we have re-established ourselves as a winning organization.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:46 am

lemonpen wrote:
deusXango wrote:
lemonpen wrote:

DX, I'm not totally against the idea but, could you live with a version of Moose that is a more heady defender. Think Laimbeer. You're asking Joe to take on a buttload of contracts in this soon to become zero lux tax world. And, you're making this request before we have re-established ourselves as a winning organization.

lemonpen, IMO the organization won't re-establish itself with the current make up of this rosters surrounding Drummond as it center-piece. Monroe was suppose to be this C-Webb type player as I remember the hype and he is nowhere close to C-Webb not even after injuries C-Webb.

The Pistons can't continue sitting here waiting on the majority of the team to finally turn the corner and reach all the potential slated to having. This includes Knight, Monroe, JJ and possibly Singler and neither should they continue the patch work of filling that PG position with Bynum. I would be open to trading both Knight and Monroe while their value is still high. The organization has more wiggle room than required to add 2 premier players either by sign and trade and FA.

Honestly no reason they can't obtain both Smith and Aldrige if Joe put his mind to it. Monroe and Stuckey to Hawks in a sign and trade possible and we still would have a gang of wiggle room to sign an Aldrige and stay way under the cap to fill in the blanks with role players.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Moose for Cousins

Post  Sebastian Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:58 pm

It looks like DeMarcus Cousins has gone off, again. Maybe, a swap of Moose and draft position for Cousins and the Kings draft spot can bring US the fiery Cousins.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty $$$$$$$$$

Post  lemonpen Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:05 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
deusXango wrote:
lemonpen wrote:

lemonpen, IMO the organization won't re-establish itself with the current make up of this rosters surrounding Drummond as it center-piece. Monroe was suppose to be this C-Webb type player as I remember the hype and he is nowhere close to C-Webb not even after injuries C-Webb.

The Pistons can't continue sitting here waiting on the majority of the team to finally turn the corner and reach all the potential slated to having. This includes Knight, Monroe, JJ and possibly Singler and neither should they continue the patch work of filling that PG position with Bynum. I would be open to trading both Knight and Monroe while their value is still high. The organization has more wiggle room than required to add 2 premier players either by sign and trade and FA.

Honestly no reason they can't obtain both Smith and Aldrige if Joe put his mind to it. Monroe and Stuckey to Hawks in a sign and trade possible and we still would have a gang of wiggle room to sign an Aldrige and stay way under the cap to fill in the blanks with role players.

The reason I question a major $$$$$ move with this team is if for whatever reason it only serves to get us into contention for a lower playoff rung we will find ourselves out of options to progress farther. We could be locked into large long term contracts, unattractive draft positions, and close proximity to the hard cap. Kinda like we were after 04 except without the ECF runs. But, I could be wrong.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty $$$$$$$$$

Post  deusXango Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Lemon, allow me to try and put your concerns at rest regarding reckless spending, leaving the team in a mediocre playoff position, and not being able to improve the quality of the team. 'Da man himself, Tom Gores, said to swing for the fences, giving subtle indications he is willing to spend what it takes to put this team back on top...also a subtle statement that Joe has gotten the word directly from him to not dick around with mediocre, old veterans, any longer but, go for the best our available resources (which are considerable) can buy.

I keep reading this $25 million under the CAP figure but, considering we're already under the CAP and the contract obligations that'll end for us total over $35 million, there's a lot of misleading hoopla out there. I'll list the expiring on a later post but, the fact is we've got major bucks, and some young, outstanding, trade pieces, now all we need is some creative imagination and backbone. If we end up with Oladipo in the draft, re-signing Calderon, and signing Smith would give us the foundation of a defensive monster of a team; if we ended up with Burke then signing Mayo, and trading for Cousins (as Sebastian suggests) or Aldridge would give us a balanced, high I.Q. competitive team; should we end up with Porter Jr. then resigning Calderon, and any combination of the mentioned bigs, plus Mayo would give us a team that commands attention on both ends of the floor, and none of these scenarios would break the bank/put us over the CAP. All of these scenarios are possible and far and away different from what Pistons fans have come to expect from Dumars middling maneuvers to make this team better. The question is, if we have a better than decent team, who's going to coach them? That's where the money concerns are; fans don't want to pay another coach millions to sit at home.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty If you can beat the crap out of 4 year olds...

Post  Oracle Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Then you qualify to get the "Dunk of the Year" credit that Jordan is getting for dunking over Knight!

A 7 footer dunking over a 6'3 dude is a dunk of the year?

I admit it looked great if you're Jordan, but really, I wouldn't try to ride that one too far!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next