Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
Murph
lemonpen
Oracle
cool breeze
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Sebastian
deusXango
Sparma
Grizz2
15 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Comments Like This Makes You Special

Post  WTF Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:06 am

Phil1980boy wrote:But remember 1 thing. G.Monroe is due! Andre Drummunds will be due in A few seasons and B.K.7 will be up as well.

Moose and Drummonds will be max guys. So if you give J.Smith Max money, Moose Max money and Andre Drummonds Max money how can you keep your 2013 lotto pick around? Or Singler, JJ? B.K.7?

So what you guys are saying is J.Smith, Greg Monroe and Drummonds are your big three? OK. Miami don't have 3 Max Contract guys but the Pistons should? OK!!! SURE!!!

I'm no GM but that's setting yourself up for to fail. Xango your 10000000% correct. I did not think James Harden was A max guy. BOY WAS I WRONG!!! I could be wrong here.... But I have A feeling I'm not wrong about Josh Smith.

Really Dum Dum! Neither Monroe or Knight has given any indication that either will warrant Max Deals, You do realize there's a pay scale involved here (they won't be jumping from their rookie salaries to 17 Million) when their up for Free Agency.

Josh Smith is head and shoulders above Moose but he somehow in you warped mind don't deserve a Max Deal I mean damn how deep is your Homerism? Better yet how dumb are you at math? By the time Drummond is due money Smith would be maybe in his last season, but even Drummond is subjected to the same pay scale so he won't be getting 17 Million either.

Really before you make these Dumb Comments investigate first then take off those Homer Glasses. You claim you know what you're talking about then you post dumb postings. Knight's on the verge of being traded and Moose is all but gone but here you are suggesting that both are Max Deal players
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty My Favorite Subject :-)

Post  WTF Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 am

Oracle wrote:
deusXango wrote:As I watch the Pistons vs the Warriors I remember what a lot of local fans had to say about not drafting Steph Curry (inspite of what they saw), and it's the same thing some are saying about not drafting Trey Burke (inspite of what they are seeing). Stuckey lovers I believe.

I'm not sure who cold have passed on Curry if he was available, but he's 6'3 & Burke is 6'nothing, BIG difference when it comes to defending the PG position!

However, I've seen enough of Burke to know that he's a 100% solid lottery pick, and if available, I wouldn't pass on him!

I kid Wise about him because Wise uses the "He's never won anything" & "Who does he make better" tag on other players, but not on Burke! If any player on the court could be judged that way, it would be the PG!

I don't judge players totally that way, it's one factor, and Burke is a failure in almost every big game... TEAM Wise!

His team fails, but Burke steps up and delivers, but he can't do it all, and he's not getting the help in big games!

So, bottom line, the kid is a winner in my book, but I still think we'd have to be awfully lucky for him to fall to us!

But even if he did, it probably means we've moved up in the lottery, and if that is truly the case, I suspect that there will be other players that fit us better and Joe won't take him!

Hard to say that about Burke because he does make his team better but even that has it limitations. Man I couldn't count all the times last Sunday when players fumbled perfectly thrown passes undeneath the basket for easy buckets in that game against the Hoosiers. The Wolverine could win it all but they would have to play almost flawless baskeball to do so, Burke may not get that NCAA Championship but it won't be because he's not a winner.

DX, you might be right that Joe might go in a different direction but it will be a mistake. He can't keep trying to piece together that PG position with Combo Guards. Joe has won three championship as player and GM so he knows that the PG position is keys. So unless we drafting the next Kobe or Lebron come June he should stick to focusing on that PG position even if we can't land Burke there's others. Kid at UofD could be a steal in the draft....
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Grizz

Post  WTF Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:36 am

Oracle wrote:Grizz, this is getting ridiculous!

Come on back, your friends miss you!!!

Yeah and bring that Fly character with you.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Okay I'm Off Topic Again

Post  WTF Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:42 am

Question

My laptop has just went bonkers think I have a virus or been a victim of an attempted intrusion. The first thing to happen was the format of the forum page was all mess up as if the veiwing of the page was screwed with. Then I began getting error messages that my flash player needed updating and now this javascriptvoid/0 message appears.

I can't pull up the articles on the news feed from the forum page like I use to be able to do and I get this pop at the bottom of every page. Not sure what to trust when these error message pop up or when the recommended updates pops up for flash player or correcting the javascript issue. I'm not that trusting of all third parties largely in part because they just don't correct the issue but they latch on with their own icons and continuous app suggestion.

I'm running my Norton every day it seems, do you guys have any suggestion? should I take it to the geek squad at Best Buy or is there something I can do myself. What Third Parties are trusted sites? Even when Norton say they're trusted site I'm still a little skeptical.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Who sounded the "ABANDON SHIP!" alarm?

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:53 am

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:Grizz, this is getting ridiculous!

Come on back, your friends miss you!!!

Yeah and bring that Fly character with you.
First Flip, then Fly, Frankie D, Sissy, Rhett, and now Grizz...there's also been a passel of the old faithful who's stuck their heads in, not to be heard from again; what's up? From time to time I'll see some of them pop up on other media sites, but no input here.

I've always felt that this was quite a forum Flip put together and far superior to what the old DetNews had to offer fans, it's a shame to allow it to go to seed. I'm hoping Grizz is enjoying one of those Japanesse holidays, I know that Fly is working hard in the Sunshine State but, all are missed...I appreciate the good people that are still here, sharing their unique insights on our favorite frustrating basketball team.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Wise

Post  deusXango Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:01 am

Go to the "Geeks" as soon as you can. Don't trust 3rd parties (it's just like falling for "free") but ask the pros. If you're a BestBuy member, it shouldn't cost you anything other than a ride. Enjoy your day Bro'. None of the security programs are invasion proof.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:01 pm

What's up with Frank?
Usually things leak out... it's a little longer than your normal "personal reasons"... I'm starting to wonder if he had a fall out with management or players.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty OUR Joke of a Coaching Staff Must Go ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Brian Hill is only confirming what I already knew – he needs to be fired along with L. Frank on April 18th.

I mean why is Brian Hill even still on the Pistons coaching staff. Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Brian Hill been hanging around on the Pistons bench, since Kuester continued the demolition of OUR Pistons after Curry’s single season of distruction.

Yes, on April 18th, Frank and the entire coaching staff need to be given their pink slips and the search for a more than competent and capable replacement must begin.

Guys that I would strongly pursue, as the next Pistons Head Coach:

- Zeke (the "Captain" would be an excellent tutor to B. Knight and would return immediate respectability to OUR Pistons)
- Avery Johnson (the "General" may be humbled enough, now after two firings to this time accept Joe's offer to lead OUR Pistons back to respectability. He too could help B. Knight become a more steady PG)
- Sam Cassell (if Joe and Gores wanted to go on the cheap, then "Sam I Am" would be the young coach to take the reigns. He, too, would be a cerebral influence on the young B. Knight). If Sam was to be hired, I would add a former Head Coach as the Lead Assistant like Sam Mitchell.

These are my top three candidates to replace L. Frank and his motley crew of "men in suits with clip boards" (Brian Hill, Roy Rogers, and Dee Brown).
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty His Wife Is Ill

Post  WTF Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:29 pm

merc wrote:What's up with Frank?
Usually things leak out... it's a little longer than your normal "personal reasons"... I'm starting to wonder if he had a fall out with management or players.

Merc, His wife may be very seriously ill of course work is work and family supercedes all else. Merc are you trying to take the place of Nature with the conspiracy theory Very Happy
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty DX

Post  WTF Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:33 pm

deusXango wrote:Go to the "Geeks" as soon as you can. Don't trust 3rd parties (it's just like falling for "free") but ask the pros. If you're a BestBuy member, it shouldn't cost you anything other than a ride. Enjoy your day Bro'. None of the security programs are invasion proof.
. You might be right it's either that or do a total restore and start from scratch its a good thing I haven't saved too much on my laptop
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Oracle and Merc

Post  WTF Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:47 pm

merc wrote:Or a hand on the bush?
This is a classic case of chicken or egg... will the Lions improve because of a proven back or will the back look worse because of the unproven O-line... finally closure on what I feel has been the real issue... QBs & RBs looking worse than they are... at least we know that Bush is for real.

What about Revis should we give up our 1st round pick for him? Is it even possible to get him tha would definitely solidify our secondary between him and Quin
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Lions Changes

Post  WTF Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:57 pm

Okay maybe not I see we re-signed Chris Houston still think we need at least one more proven player in that defensive backfield. Not sure how I feel about the Avril thing but we were loaded on that defensive front now we can start both Suh and Fairley.

Need to find a monster offensive lineman to help clear a path for Mikel and Reggie, be nice to see some 2 back formation out there. Mikel a pretty good run and pass blocker as well.

Did Delmas sign elsewhere? Man just one healthy season out of him would be wonderful.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty J-Smoove, Food For Thought

Post  lemonpen Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:45 pm

Tried to take an objective look at Josh Smith, the free agent, who is seeking a max contract. I evaluated his performance for last 7 seasons of a 9 yr career.
Pros:
strong rebounder (7yrs 8.5/gm; 7.2-9.6)
decent passer for his position (7yrs 3.5 a/gm; 2.4-4.2)
durable both in terms of min/gm and games per season (7yrs 77 gm/season, 94% availability)
fg% is high when excluding 3pt attempts (7yrs 49.1 FG%; 47.3-51.4)
46 playoff games played. Statistically speaking only his FG% suffered. (7yrs 41.8%)
Poor 3pt % is overblown in that he has taken no more than 2.6 3FGA/gm. (7yrs 1.6 3FGA/gm; 0.1-2.6)
very good shot blocker (career 2.1 b/gm; 1.6-2.9)

Cons:
avg over 17ppg only once. (7yrs 16.8 ppg; 15.6-18.Cool
never named an All-Star
turnover prone. (7yrs 2.7/gm; 2.3-3.2)
assist to TO ratio kinda low (7yrs 1.3 A:TO; 1.0-1.7)
poor free throw shooter. below 70% 5 of 7 yrs (7yrs 64%; 50-72) .
FTA/gm trending down from good to mediocre. 2yr incremental avg of 5.6/5.2/4.5/3.9 (7yrs 4.9 FTA/gm)

Note:
as seasonal 3FGA/gm rises, FTA/gm fall.

scoring efficiency for some max $$$ players & others (points generated per shot taken; FG% inside arc)
moose: 1.22-1.39; 48%
BK7: 1.09-1.15; 44%
Harden: 1.46-1.66; 49%
Durant: 1.40-1.59; 53%
James: 1.42-1.48; 59%
Wade: 1.29-1.31; 54%
Melo: 1.21-1.31; 46%
Kobe: 1.21-1.33; 51%
Smith: 1.09-1.22; 49%

IMHO Smith is a jack of many trades and a master of few. It would be a risky proposition to offer him a max deal.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Brian Hill

Post  lemonpen Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:50 pm

Sebastian wrote:Brian Hill is only confirming what I already knew – he needs to be fired along with L. Frank on April 18th.

I mean why is Brian Hill even still on the Pistons coaching staff. Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Brian Hill been hanging around on the Pistons bench, since Kuester continued the demolition of OUR Pistons after Curry’s single season of distruction.

Yes, on April 18th, Frank and the entire coaching staff need to be given their pink slips and the search for a more than competent and capable replacement must begin.

Guys that I would strongly pursue, as the next Pistons Head Coach:

- Zeke (the "Captain" would be an excellent tutor to B. Knight and would return immediate respectability to OUR Pistons)
- Avery Johnson (the "General" may be humbled enough, now after two firings to this time accept Joe's offer to lead OUR Pistons back to respectability. He too could help B. Knight become a more steady PG)
- Sam Cassell (if Joe and Gores wanted to go on the cheap, then "Sam I Am" would be the young coach to take the reigns. He, too, would be a cerebral influence on the young B. Knight). If Sam was to be hired, I would add a former Head Coach as the Lead Assistant like Sam Mitchell.

These are my top three candidates to replace L. Frank and his motley crew of "men in suits with clip boards" (Brian Hill, Roy Rogers, and Dee Brown).

Sharp criticism for a coach that took a team to the NBA Finals. But, I would love to know what he was thinking when drawing up plays for JMax after two, count um, two time outs.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Moose

Post  lemonpen Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:55 pm

Anyone notice that Moose is (or appears to be) flat footed. I watched him run and jump for more than half the game and it appears he rarely lifts up on his toes. Dude runs and jumps from his heels. What's up with that.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Buckets

Post  lemonpen Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:10 pm

Garbage buckets?
Leaky buckets?
Empty buckets?
When are we gonna see some of the fabled exceptional deep shooting.

-------

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40