Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+11
lemonpen
Sebastian
cool breeze
deusXango
FlyDog
merc
Oracle
Murph
Phil-Good
Grizz2
WTF
15 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Very true...

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:21 am

cool breeze wrote:Detroit started out with great energy and chemistry building a significant lead. Then Stuckey enters the game. Suddenly Jeff Green starts making an impact on the game. Stuckey shoots an air ball from the baseline and didn't run back on defense. Stuckey didn't come to play like the other Pistons who started the game and Drummond, Bynum and even Charlie V. Stuckey only had one other player who fans could identify with and that was Austin Daye. Those two players changed everything for this Piston team. From a coaching standpoint, one might understand why Stuckey might be left in the game even though he was not effective and was really not trying hard. But why give so much time to Austin Daye? He was horrible on both ends of the floor and it appeared that he was out of place being on the same court with other NBA players. There has to be a good reason and it is not the quality of his play. There has to be a trade coming up involving Daye and maybe Stuckey.

Did any of you watch Orlando today? I get sick everytime I watch Affalo play ball. He is one tough and smart leader and player. Anyone who really knew him would not be shocked. And Joe Dumars didn't think he was as good as Stuckey or Hamilton who was on his way out for the most part as a Piston player.

Don,,, I was thinking along similar lines .. Stuckey stunk on D today bad ... I cannot say whether Singler is a good defender .. but Stuckey is as bad or worse than Knight recently .. HELL YES .. wish Aaron Afflalo were here now .....
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Lawrence Frank is Truely a Big Weenie.

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:03 am

Hey 'Lil Larry, why didn't Charley V play the 2nd half? Why did Maxi-Pads play 23:50 & Drummond only played 20:15? You stupid Fuk, 6 turnovers for Knight, haven't we been telling you that he's not a point guard? Yes we have & you still don't listen, you really need to go. Why was Stuckey even on the court tonight, what a Wortless game he watched, he certaiy didn't play or offer nothing except that 3 pointer, I believe that's all he had, nice move 'Lil Larry.
Couldn't you have put English, Middleton in with about a minute & a half left you screwball, no wonder everybody's starting to hate on your azz, these guys won tonight inspite of your twisted combinations. Charley V drilled 2 3 pointers in the 1st half but not good enough to get a Sniff in the 2nd half eh? How do you even get a job as a coach?
Other than Knights 6 turnovers, he scored very well, Bynum was Balls Up Again. Prince did okay after the 1st quarter, Daye was out to Lunch tonight & also wasn't used to where he could be effective. Singler played a decent game & Drummond played an excellent game, Monroe had a lot of bad passes & lost the ball a few times, I don't remember him being as careless last year as he is this year, we need to get Bynum & Drummond in the starting line up so we can get this show in the road.
And then force Frank to bring in Kravtsov to back up Drummond & see what he's got, try to use English a little more so we can have a few more weapons, Maxi-Pads needs to be jettisoned from this team where he never plays for this team again, he's only hindering the kids from gaining experience, he's as worthless as the day is long, be gone fool & take your daddy Frank with ya. On the whole a good job by the team especially when the Celtics did go on a few runs, the Pistons came back time after time to shove it down their throats, excellent! 15-25, now let's start another winning streak.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Afflalo

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:23 am

cool breeze wrote:Detroit started out with great energy and chemistry building a significant lead. Then Stuckey enters the game. Suddenly Jeff Green starts making an impact on the game. Stuckey shoots an air ball from the baseline and didn't run back on defense. Stuckey didn't come to play like the other Pistons who started the game and Drummond, Bynum and even Charlie V. Stuckey only had one other player who fans could identify with and that was Austin Daye. Those two players changed everything for this Piston team. From a coaching standpoint, one might understand why Stuckey might be left in the game even though he was not effective and was really not trying hard. But why give so much time to Austin Daye? He was horrible on both ends of the floor and it appeared that he was out of place being on the same court with other NBA players. There has to be a good reason and it is not the quality of his play. There has to be a trade coming up involving Daye and maybe Stuckey.

Did any of you watch Orlando today? I get sick everytime I watch Affalo play ball. He is one tough and smart leader and player. Anyone who really knew him would not be shocked. And Joe Dumars didn't think he was as good as Stuckey or Hamilton who was on his way out for the most part as a Piston player.

Don. you bring back memories!

I followed Afflalo throughout his career at UCLA, and couldn't believe how lucky we were to get him so low!

Afflalo isn't a superstar(could be a 2nd tier star), but he's a born leader, hard worker, and twice the player Stuckey is. Not talent wise, but he's solid in every area, just a well balanced player on both sides of the ball, and that's so rare!

I wouldn't have been upset with Joe trading him, but when you trade a player that's the definition of the player you say you're looking for, and keep a bunch of slugs, you're a liar, an idiot, or both!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Grizz, I don't agree!

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:29 am

Grizz2 wrote:Good nite .. I surrender .. Something is wrong ..... NO more PG for Knight .. at least until Frank is fired .. Still think he could become a PG .. right now he is a confused confusing player ... 20 years old with a messed up head .. Maybe it is all his own fault .. but this is not at all anything good to credit Frank the head coach with .. Knight has in general gotten worse as a player .. I want to blame Frank .. directly and indirectly .. but of course it is Knight's attitude or mindset as well that counts ..

Start Bynum and Drummond ..

I thought this was a real breakout game for Knight!

My only complaint would be the turnovers! Of course I haven't changed my mind about sitting him if he can't get it together, but tonight, he brought it IMO!

Knight was agressive and impressive! Did you see that throw down? Knight rarely does that, and I forgot that he could!

Knight is the future, he just needs some tough love to force him to do better!

Bynum is tearing it up with Drummond, and in my book, he's earned the starting position, it's as simple as that, and Drummond has earned starting as well.

We all used to say we don't need no stinking superstars... Ooooooooo Carp, hold on to your jock straps.....

We got one, and his name is Andre Drummond folks!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:37 am

Detroit: 103
Boston: 88
Why the hell couldn't I stay awake, and enjoy a win? What was happening, in a game that had a point spread like that, that I went straight to sleep? After reading the posts of Grizz, Don, Oracle, Sissy, Merc, Sparma, and the Wise one, I come up to speed; THERE WAS NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS! Thanks a lot fellas, thought I missed something.

Lil' Larry is so engaged in self-promotion that he has no time for coaching, and it shows for those that'll see. He's by far the worse coach the Pistons have had (makes Herb Brown look like Phil Jackson), and he too did all he could to ruin our guards. I remember the "pony ride" Kevin Porter took from him through the locker room like it was yesterday. Good sh!t but, I hope that BK7 doesn't descend to that level, and Lil' Larry is long gone before something like that happens. As much as I hate to say this; Michael Curry was a better coach...this team doesn't present as much confusion as the "A.I. bunch." John Kuester's "small ball," played by the entire roster, seems like a stroke of genius, compared to the playing totally out of sync lineups Lil' Larry uses.

We've got a damn good 6th man starting at PG, and a hell of a SF starting at SG, but hold on, our best player is coming off the bench, playing minutes that're downright insulting...if Drummond wasn't such a mature 19 year old kid, we'd have our own DeMarcus Cousins to deal with. How many Charles Barkley's were there in the NBA? Jason Maxiell damn sure ain't one of them, and he'd be at the end of the line for carrying his jockey strap...what's he doing starting for us? Monroe and Drummond can't play together...cool...where is the sample study to back up that outrageous cowsh!t? Totally twisted lineups. Bynum has done what Lil' Larry talked about at the start of the season; he's taken the starting PG position, with his effort and play, so why is he still coming off the bench and BK7 is starting? Oh yeah, that thing about lying...Lil' Larry can't resist an opportunity to tell one. I'm sick and tired of hearing how Daye should be starting in place of Prince, simply because he made a couple of jump shots this season...he's nowhere as consistent as CV when it comes to long range shooting, and I think the numbers bear that out. My point is, let him sit until he can walk. That's where his value is as a Piston. Daye, Maxiell, and Maggette should be "dead men walking," and Stuckey and Jerebko should be trade bait, speaking of value.

We're less than a month from the trade deadline, and not a peep out of the Palace. Why must all our deals be made at the 11th hour? Is it for dramatic effect, or what? Foot dragging Joe ain't going to do squat, and if he does anything positive, I'll be surprised. We need PG's, not a PG...we already got one in Bynum, so we need one more. If Joe is deadset on waiting for the summer to pursue a worthwhile FA, then it's important he trade for #1 a PG, and #2 a draft pick...my choice target for PG trade is Scott Machado (to back up Bynum currently), and I'd be satisfied with a decent draft pick, as long as it's this year. None of these things will take place, other than the dumb ass sh!t that's been going on, and that's the truth I can't handle.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty If you giving up on B.K.7 As A PG I'm telling you you making A mistake

Post  Phil-Good Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:40 am

I been telling everybody this and I will keep saying it...

DO NOT GIVE UP ON BK7 As A PG I'm telling you this kid has everything it takes to make it at that difficult position.

It's going to take some time but I guarantee you B.K.7 will provide everything the Pistons need from the PG Position to get back to the NBA Finals....

It's going to take 3 1/2 to 4 seasons for B.K.7 to really really show his ass but it's going to happen. Watch and see...
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND??!!

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:18 am

Phil1980boy wrote:I been telling everybody this and I will keep saying it...

DO NOT GIVE UP ON BK7 As A PG I'm telling you this kid has everything it takes to make it at that difficult position.

It's going to take some time but I guarantee you B.K.7 will provide everything the Pistons need from the PG Position to get back to the NBA Finals....

It's going to take 3 1/2 to 4 seasons for B.K.7 to really really show his ass but it's going to happen. Watch and see...
Phillip Boy, do you realise you're talking about close to 10 years waiting for a PG to develop? You started with the "wait and see" for Stuckey, now you can clearly see what a lot of posters were trying to tell you about Stuckey's inability to quarterback an offense, so to compound that miscue, you're talking about another 4 years for a PG to show up and "really show his ass." BK7 is a helluva 6th man right now, fully capable of "showing his ass;" why must he be a PG? Because Joe said so? The same Joe that said it was possible for Stuckey to step in and be a PG? They're both 6th man "combo guards" which BK7 is the most talented. Listen man, this is basketball, whatever happened to "get in, where you fit in?" Just sayin'.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Wake me up...

Post  Oracle Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:02 am

When your gums stop flapping!!!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Knight as PG

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:19 am

Phil1980boy wrote:I been telling everybody this and I will keep saying it...

Phillip .. Good to see someone keeping the faith ... and I mean that ... I really believe Knight has the talent .. but he is being led the wrong way by an ass of a head coach named Frank .. As far as time goes .. If Frank stays .. Knight will not and can never become a good PG .. My faith in BK7 as PG is not gone .. EXCEPT with Frank as head coach .. Knight is regressing .. I honestly think he was a better PG the first few weeks he started as PG last season ...Now he is becoming a head case ...

Bench him just to see what happens with either Stuckey (who sucks too recently .. just as much or more than Knight.. HEY GANG .. dont forget that!) or Bynum as PG .. If Knight goes to bench fine .. then we can see how other guards do trying to implement Frank's system for the starters .. If Knight moves to starting SG . fine ..should be the best combination with Frank as head coach .

we were so lucky to win this game because so many were so bad in it .. not just knight .. Drummond and Bynum are the man . is all I got to say ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Actually we do agree ..

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:25 am

Oracle wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:Good nite .. I surrender .. Something is wrong ..... NO more PG for Knight .. at least until Frank is fired .. Still think he could become a PG .. right now he is a confused confusing player ... 20 years old with a messed up head .. Maybe it is all his own fault .. but this is not at all anything good to credit Frank the head coach with .. Knight has in general gotten worse as a player .. I want to blame Frank .. directly and indirectly .. but of course it is Knight's attitude or mindset as well that counts ..

Start Bynum and Drummond ..

I thought this was a real breakout game for Knight!

My only complaint would be the turnovers! Of course I haven't changed my mind about sitting him if he can't get it together, but tonight, he brought it IMO!

Knight was agressive and impressive! Did you see that throw down? Knight rarely does that, and I forgot that he could!

Knight is the future, he just needs some tough love to force him to do better!

Bynum is tearing it up with Drummond, and in my book, he's earned the starting position, it's as simple as that, and Drummond has earned starting as well.

We all used to say we don't need no stinking superstars... Ooooooooo Carp, hold on to your jock straps.....

We got one, and his name is Andre Drummond folks!!!

Oracle .. glad to hear you disagree .. because it actually means we DO agree .. Good work ..

I really believe in Knight .. but not under Frank and am scared of what it could do his entire career .. . I am with DX that this guy is worse than Curry or Kuester because he has a much better situation than those 2 had ...

I did miss the great throw down .. and there were 5 assists .. but the end of the game steal when we were running out the clock and Knight was just standing there .. Didnt really matter but ..

Anyway .. knowing how stubborn Frank is .. he is not going to bench Knight .. he is not going to start Bynum or Drummond ..

Anyway ... really glad you disagree!! That's how I feel too .. exactly!

Last edited by Grizz2 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty BOTH!

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:25 am

Oracle wrote:

Don. you bring back memories!

I followed Afflalo throughout his career at UCLA, and couldn't believe how lucky we were to get him so low!

Afflalo isn't a superstar(could be a 2nd tier star), but he's a born leader, hard worker, and twice the player Stuckey is. Not talent wise, but he's solid in every area, just a well balanced player on both sides of the ball, and that's so rare!

I wouldn't have been upset with Joe trading him, but when you trade a player that's the definition of the player you say you're looking for, and keep a bunch of slugs, you're a liar, an idiot, or both!
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Great Vent Great Post

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:33 am

deusXango wrote:Detroit: 103
Boston: 88
Why the hell couldn't I stay awake, and enjoy a win? What was happening, in a game that had a point spread like that, that I went straight to sleep? After reading the posts of Grizz, Don, Oracle, Sissy, Merc, Sparma, and the Wise one, I come up to speed; THERE WAS NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS! Thanks a lot fellas, thought I missed something.

Lil' Larry is so engaged in self-promotion that he has no time for coaching, and it shows for those that'll see. He's by far the worse coach the Pistons have had (makes Herb Brown look like Phil Jackson), and he too did all he could to ruin our guards. I remember the "pony ride" Kevin Porter took from him through the locker room like it was yesterday. Good sh!t but, I hope that BK7 doesn't descend to that level, and Lil' Larry is long gone before something like that happens. As much as I hate to say this; Michael Curry was a better coach...this team doesn't present as much confusion as the "A.I. bunch." John Kuester's "small ball," played by the entire roster, seems like a stroke of genius, compared to the playing totally out of sync lineups Lil' Larry uses.

We've got a damn good 6th man starting at PG, and a hell of a SF starting at SG, but hold on, our best player is coming off the bench, playing minutes that're downright insulting...if Drummond wasn't such a mature 19 year old kid, we'd have our own DeMarcus Cousins to deal with. How many Charles Barkley's were there in the NBA? Jason Maxiell damn sure ain't one of them, and he'd be at the end of the line for carrying his jockey strap...what's he doing starting for us? Monroe and Drummond can't play together...cool...where is the sample study to back up that outrageous cowsh!t? Totally twisted lineups. Bynum has done what Lil' Larry talked about at the start of the season; he's taken the starting PG position, with his effort and play, so why is he still coming off the bench and BK7 is starting? Oh yeah, that thing about lying...Lil' Larry can't resist an opportunity to tell one. I'm sick and tired of hearing how Daye should be starting in place of Prince, simply because he made a couple of jump shots this season...he's nowhere as consistent as CV when it comes to long range shooting, and I think the numbers bear that out. My point is, let him sit until he can walk. That's where his value is as a Piston. Daye, Maxiell, and Maggette should be "dead men walking," and Stuckey and Jerebko should be trade bait, speaking of value.

We're less than a month from the trade deadline, and not a peep out of the Palace. Why must all our deals be made at the 11th hour? Is it for dramatic effect, or what? Foot dragging Joe ain't going to do squat, and if he does anything positive, I'll be surprised. We need PG's, not a PG...we already got one in Bynum, so we need one more. If Joe is deadset on waiting for the summer to pursue a worthwhile FA, then it's important he trade for #1 a PG, and #2 a draft pick...my choice target for PG trade is Scott Machado (to back up Bynum currently), and I'd be satisfied with a decent draft pick, as long as it's this year. None of these things will take place, other than the dumb ass sh!t that's been going on, and that's the truth I can't handle.

DX .. with you on this one and you made a lot of great points .... The Palace was DEAD ... I have seldom felt so bad about a win .. Celtics personnel is far worse than ours though .. even though they are 500 .. Does that tell you something about coaching ability .. Fire Frank before he does anymore damage.. I know he is strutting around like he is the God's gift to head coaching but ..

Knight can be a great PG .. but with Frank around .. no way ..For the collective 1000th time .. Start Drummond ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty I missed while at the fridge getting a Guiness .. ;)

Post  Grizz2 Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:46 am

Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Should the Pistons play to make the playoffs?

Post  Sebastian Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:15 am

Sissy1946 wrote:Thanks for the welcome back guys, have still got my fire & rage about this team & the way it's being ran, starting with Dumars speech on how he wouldn't interfere with Franks decision unless they got to bad. Can't he honestly see that his decisions are costing this team games? What's it been now 9 games with double-digit leads that they've lost? Shouldn't he have a idea Hkw to stop this from happening? Ya kmow, implement some kind of strategy?
Also when Dumars made that remark about that he also said he was leaning toward the summer & probably wouldn't make any trades or trade the Primcess either. So what if the Pistons make a real run at the play Off's & they need a little help with a trade or two, does that mean he passes on the trades & looks to the summer or what, seems like everytime he opens his mouth there's nothing but double talk coming out of it. Shouldn't this team making the play offs be a priority before we even think about the summer?
Let's start with what's good for this team going forward: Get Friggin' Maxiell out of the starting line up first & foremost, give us some players on the 1st unit who can spread the floor like the 2nd unit. This starting line up as is couldn't motivate or score on a Snail's Azz. Stop the drama Frank, we sign a center (Kravtsov) & you don't even give him a sniff but play a 6'5" Maxiell who gets outplayed at every level & a Pompaus azz dribbling fool who fake pumps even when he goes to the bathroom (Prince), give this team a chance to compete, play the kids so they can gain experience, who knows you could be Wrong about THIER ability, you were about Charley V & Daye & Bymum. They were in Franks prison for a while & what about Jerebko, where's Maggette? I bet they all hate you.
Here's a real fact check for you & Dumars & Gores to look at, check the attendance at the Palace, how long does this go with keeping Frank & keep looking at those empty seats, Who's going to be the first one to blink, who's going to say that's finally enough? Frank, not hardly, why should he? He's got it made, destroying a team in the name of I've never even played basketball or Dumars, what will he do? Pardon me Jimi Hendrix in the House, Excuse me while I touch the sky, that's funny, Dumars doing something to help this team, hilarious.
Well how about Gores, actually he's all we have left to save this team because where we're going right Now is nowhere with players like Maxiell, Stuckey, Prince, having a non-point guard at point guard who isn't a point guard, having a starting center not even starting, ( Drummond) or having a back up at center & guard, Kravtsov & English) who isn't even getting a chance to play, now that's funny especially when we are 14-25, some of us or most of us say, well what do we have to lose by these guys getting some experience & the answer is nothing, so why aren't they getting a sniff & the survey says its because is Dumars is letting Frank destroy this ream. Just sayin'.

Add me to the list of misunderstanding the direction OUR Pistons are going.

Sissy1946 asked the question: Shouldn't this team making the play offs be a priority before we even think about the summer?

I would think that making the playoffs should be the single most important motivation, until WE are mathematically eliminated from making the playoffs.

Some think that making the 2013 Playoffs will "ruin" OUR ability to secure a first round pick (Ben Gordon/Cory Maggette Trade with Charlotte). In summary, if WE go to the 2013 playoffs, the Bobcats would get the pick.

I personally, think that going to the Playoffs and losing the Pick in this year's draft is the best case scenario in regards to the trade with Charlotte, and here are my reasons why (in no particular order of significance):

1- The Pistons making the Playoffs with a current record of 15-25, means that WE would need to go something like 30-12 with a final record of (45-37) for possibly a sixth seed would be a significant improvement over the second half of the season. Improvement is needed, badly in the Pistons camp going forward.

2- Losing at 15th or 16th 2013 Pick to the Bobcats to get out of Ben G.'s contract a year early would be great. Remember this year's draft is not that deep.

3- The sooner WE lose the pick the better; a) see #2, above b) the longer that the Pick remains in OUR possession means that WE are continually a worst team than WE would have been during the previous season; and c) the longer that WE have potential possession of the pick, WE can never use the pick in a trade or in other transaction.

WE should definitely play for the Playoffs.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty B. Knight?!?

Post  Sebastian Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 am

First off, B. Knight has value. The kid can develop into a steady, starting PG but he needs to have the right coach. Or B. Knight could be a very valuable 6th man in the right situation.

If Joe would get off of his ass, he might be able to find a team that would listen to a sincere trade involving B. Knight.

Get the folks from OKC on the phone and offer them B. Knight for Jeremy Lamb and Perry Jones.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Should the Pistons play to make the playoffs?

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 am

Sebastian, I'm on board with you and Sissy, that our priority should be making the playoffs, albeit, beyond the reach of Lil' Larry's coaching skills. The strange thing is, next years draft holds the, potentially elite, players...who wants to suck that long? I don't!! The most logical thing to do is swing for the fences, by making the right decisions now, and try to put ourselves in a position of strength, draft wise, for next year; this could be accomplished by making trades of players like Prince, Stuckey, and Jerebko this year.

Speaking of the playoffs, WTF is Gores problem? Why is he so silent on Joe's and Lil' Larry's performances? It's his team!!! Am I the only one that think he's got his head up his ass? Working overtime to get these half-time entertainment packages together but, ignoring how his mandate to make the playoffs this year is being addressed by the people he's entrusted to handle it, smacks of cowardice. These two fools work for him; get the job done, or get the hell on up the road. You don't talk your way into the playoffs, so neither one of them can say anything to the boss, at this time, but show some immediate results. That's not impossible for either of them, given what's going on (bad rotation decisions, and the trade deadline is approaching). Now is the time to act, if we're truly sincere about making the playoffs and improving all around.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:41 am

Sebastian, leave the trade machine alone. BK7 is our Vinny Johnson, and shouldn't be traded; the task is getting him into the 6th man role without damageing his ego but, I think Lil' Larry is too much of a clod to get it done. The benching of a healthy Jerebko in London is still on my mind.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Playoffs?!?!?!

Post  FlyDog Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:45 am

This team's not going to the Playoffs! Playoffs?!?!?!?! I'd just be happy to win 30 games. Playoffs? You kiddin me?

Drummond leads the team with 16 points, in just 20 minutes of play.

Playoffs!?!?!?!?! With THIS group of fools in charge? Playoffs?
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:55 am

deusXango wrote:Sebastian, leave the trade machine alone. BK7 is our Vinny Johnson, and shouldn't be traded; the task is getting him into the 6th man role without damageing his ego but, I think Lil' Larry is too much of a clod to get it done. The benching of a healthy Jerebko in London is still on my mind.

DX, the only way that B. Knight will become a 6th man (Vinny) would be if B. Knight goes to L. Franks' office and begs to come of off the bench the way that Stuckey did, when he requested that Singler starts in his place and he (Stuckey) comes off the bench.

B. Knight ain't doing that.

The possibility of moving B. Knight for two, other potential young stars is a gamble worth taking. Lamb can be a very good SG, if given the minutes and Perry Jones would be a perfect SF to go with Moose and Dre Drummond. Stuckey can go back to the starting line-up and Singler can become the 7th, 8th, or 9th-man depending on the situation.

The question may be asked why would the Thunder do this trade. It makes for a good trade for the Thunder, because:

1- They get a young player, only midway through his rookie deal, who has played games/mins. in the League, already.
2- A player, who has the three point shot and who can guard the PG position that could move Russell over to the "2" when they both are on the floor.
3- B. Knight can put the ball on the floor and finish at the cup
4- Essentially, a slightly lesser version of Russell Westbrook.

Sorry, DX , this is a trade that Joe would have to seriously consider, in my opinion.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty SCOTT MACHADO?!

Post  deusXango Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:49 am

What I'm talking about is a 6' 1", 205 lb. PG with great court vision, a terrific passer, and a better than average outside shot; all Joe needs do is give his agent a call and sign him...the roster space? Something needs to done with Daye and J.J., take your pick which one...we're saving money either way, plus filling a need.

Played college ball at Iona from 2008 to 2012. Never drafted by an NBA team.
Signed with the Houston Rockets in September 2012. Waived in January.
Selected to the MAAC All-Rookie Team in 2009.
Named MAAC Rookie of the Year in 2009.
Selected to the All-MAAC 2nd Team in 2010.
Selected to the All-MAAC 1st Team in 2011 and 2012.
Selected to the MAAC All-Tournament Team in 2011 and 2012.
Named MAAC Player of the Year in 2012.
Led the NCAA in assists in 2012.

How can this young man be ignored by a team in desparate need of a "pass first" PG, who's major strength is fast breaking in the open court...not as a finisher, but a facilitator. Will Bynum would have a great backup. Scott Machado is a potentionally win-win situation for us, if only our GM would wake the phugue up.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty OKC

Post  lemonpen Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:00 pm

Sebastian wrote:DX, the only way that B. Knight will become a 6th man (Vinny) would be if B. Knight goes to L. Franks' office and begs to come of off the bench the way that Stuckey did, when he requested that Singler starts in his place and he (Stuckey) comes off the bench.

B. Knight ain't doing that.

The possibility of moving B. Knight for two, other potential young stars is a gamble worth taking. Lamb can be a very good SG, if given the minutes and Perry Jones would be a perfect SF to go with Moose and Dre Drummond. Stuckey can go back to the starting line-up and Singler can become the 7th, 8th, or 9th-man depending on the situation.

The question may be asked why would the Thunder do this trade. It makes for a good trade for the Thunder, because:

1- They get a young player, only midway through his rookie deal, who has played games/mins. in the League, already.
2- A player, who has the three point shot and who can guard the PG position that could move Russell over to the "2" when they both are on the floor.
3- B. Knight can put the ball on the floor and finish at the cup
4- Essentially, a slightly lesser version of Russell Westbrook.

Sorry, DX , this is a trade that Joe would have to seriously consider, in my opinion.

Couple of things to consider.
- OKC could be a good destination given that they typically score without aid of an assist, thus relieving BK of the pressure of floor generalship.
- With K. Martin comming off of the books at seasons end OKC may be looking for a more established / dynamic scorer at b/u SG than BK7 is today. Someone more in the mold of a Harden & Martin.
- For a team that operates close to the lux tax threshold OKC may favor having two younger guys over BK7 who is closer to a contract extension.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Eventually

Post  lemonpen Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 pm

deusXango wrote:What I'm talking about is a 6' 1", 205 lb. PG with great court vision, a terrific passer, and a better than average outside shot; all Joe needs do is give his agent a call and sign him...the roster space? Something needs to done with Daye and J.J., take your pick which one...we're saving money either way, plus filling a need.

Played college ball at Iona from 2008 to 2012. Never drafted by an NBA team.
Signed with the Houston Rockets in September 2012. Waived in January.
Selected to the MAAC All-Rookie Team in 2009.
Named MAAC Rookie of the Year in 2009.
Selected to the All-MAAC 2nd Team in 2010.
Selected to the All-MAAC 1st Team in 2011 and 2012.
Selected to the MAAC All-Tournament Team in 2011 and 2012.
Named MAAC Player of the Year in 2012.
Led the NCAA in assists in 2012.

How can this young man be ignored by a team in desparate need of a "pass first" PG, who's major strength is fast breaking in the open court...not as a finisher, but a facilitator. Will Bynum would have a great backup. Scott Machado is a potentionally win-win situation for us, if only our GM would wake the phugue up.
I know that every blue moon a deserving player passes under the radar, but from a fair and balanced perspective, what is it about him that has kept the entire league from showing interest.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Oracle says "I wouldn't have been upset with Joe trading him, but when you trade a player that's the definition of the player you say you're looking for, and keep a bunch of slugs, you're a liar, an idiot, or both!"
Sad but true... A defender with shooting range... we gave that up so we could have Wilcox expiring deal... which gave us the privilege to overspend on BG... so that we could dump our 1st round pick to get rid of his contract.
It's so much more than just losing an affordable young talent.
How about if Joe makes a deal to get back the guy he should have never traded in the first place.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:02 pm

merc wrote:Oracle says "I wouldn't have been upset with Joe trading him, but when you trade a player that's the definition of the player you say you're looking for, and keep a bunch of slugs, you're a liar, an idiot, or both!"
Sad but true... A defender with shooting range... we gave that up so we could have Wilcox expiring deal... which gave us the privilege to overspend on BG... so that we could dump our 1st round pick to get rid of his contract.
It's so much more than just losing an affordable young talent.
How about if Joe makes a deal to get back the guy he should have never traded in the first place.

You can bet we would overpay for him so that he could never live up to the contract. Sad
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty AD not a good practice player

Post  lemonpen Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:23 pm

"TP (Prince) on Drummond: "We get in the game&the floor is wide open, his athleticism takes over the game. In camp he was struggling finding openings.

Prince said in practice the lanes are so clogged it’s hard for Drummond to get to the open spots. In the games, it all changes
Most of us suspected something like this was the case. Andre Drummond has performed so well during games, there had to be something we couldn’t see preventing him from playing more, and poor practicing was a common guess."

Just my opinion: By practicing against AD all of the time wouldn't it make sense that his teammates have a better idea how to prevent him from getting to his spots than the nightly opposition would. And, wouldn't his teammates have a little more leeway to bend the rules in doing so, thus rendering him less effective.

The kid has been bringing it for more than 25 games now, with few dips in performance. Sorry, but Tay's observation is far short of passing the smell test as an excuse for Frank limiting AD's PT.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next