Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Washington game

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:57 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Washington game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Ryan Seacrest in New York City: And the “Crappy Award” for the worst performance of the year against the Wizards by an alleged NBA team goes to the Detroit Pistons.
The crowd: Bronx cheers, Boo! Hiss! You suck!
Ryan Seacrest: Accepting this award is Joe Dumars.
The crowd: Why don’t you go back to where you came from!
Joe Dumars: I don’t think going back to Fort Wayne, Indiana is a viable option for the organization. We left there in 1957. Most people don’t even remember we were there in the first place.

Biff Burns: How do you lose at home to the Wizards by 21 points?
Coach Frank: It’s an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, surrounded by mystery.
Biff Burns: Your best player, Monroe, scored 27 points. Wall, their best player, had only 9 points and you still lost.
Coach Frank: It baffles and perplexes the human brain.
Biff Burns: The Wizards have been loudly criticized for their stupid play this season.
Coach Frank: Stupid is as stupid does. The NBA is like a box of chocolates. You never know how many rotten games your team will play.
Biff Burns: Thank you for quoting Forest Gump.
Coach Frank: My head is exploding. Could you score me a couple of Tylenol. I really want to play the Nets again.
Biff Burns: Here’s your nightly dose. I’m afraid that ship has already sailed. You won’t play them again till next season.

Joe Dumars: They hexed us and put a curse on us, just like those creepy wizards in the Harry Potter movies. They might turn me into a toad.
Biff Burns: One can only hope.

Biff Burns: What were Bynum and Russell doing out there tonight? They played a total of 19 minutes and 43 seconds and had 2 points between them. Knight also had a bad game with 2 points in 30 minutes.
Coach Frank: It looked like they were auditioning for “Dancing With The Stars”.
Biff Burns: It was all style and no substance.
Coach Frank: Yes, but they looked pretty doing it.

Biff Burns: It was Brandon Knight Ute jersey give-away night. Any fans that could prove they were from the Ute tribe of Native Americans got a free jersey. Oh, excuse me the word is youth not Ute. It should be a youth jersey. I’m sorry, I’ve spent way too much time in New Jersey recently.

Biff Burns: It was also “Family Night”. Any fans resembling Peg, Kelly, Bud, or Al Bundy got in for half price.

Biff Burns: The good news is that Gilbert “Quick Draw” Arenas is no longer on the Wizards. I feel so much safer in their locker room. Not having to dodge bullets is a big plus when you’re a writer with a deadline.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sebastian Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:39 pm

frankied wrote:
Oracle wrote:I agree, he's not even close to being a lost cause.

However, he also isn't even close to being a player to break the bank over(well, maybe the piggy bank).
tonight was a great example of why mcgee is so intriguing.
obviously, he's a great athlete. he does incredible stuff on the court.
but you can never forget that he does really dumb stuff also and has frustrated 3 coaches and caused all kinds of heartburn for them.
as i noted before, i would still try to get him and try to sell him on the idea that detroit and ben wallace would be a great combination for him.
can you imagine mcgee on the same team with monroe?
monroe, at the high post, passing the ball into mcgee at the rim?
or mcgee and monroe going after defensive boards.
mcgee and monroe would, imho, be a dominant frontcourt for the next 10 years.
assuming proper coaching from big ben. (i also imagine that having monroe playing next to him would have to rub off on him. i'd bet that mcgee and monroe know each other, as i'd bet that monroe would play with some of the pro's in the summer in washington when he was at g-town.)
if i'm joe d, i'm trying to make a trade or do it in free agency or do anything i can to make it happen.
with these restrictions:
would not trade monroe, knight, jj or a first round pick that was not protected. protect it for the lottery the first couple of years and then leave it unprotected, if you had to trade it.
but if you put monroe and mcgee together, with knight, jj, a decent SG and a defensive small forward, you'd have a team that could go a long way.

frankied, I'm going to have to return to my first suggestion regarding a possible acquisition of McGee. Move the 2012 1st Round Pick for McGee and Chris Singleton. On March 1, move Tay to the Lakers for their 22nd Pick (WE then draft the Best Player Available with the Lakers 22nd pick). Also move the draft rights to Kyle Singler to the Rockets for Hasheem Thabeet.

Just as you have intelligently and clearly stated: McGee would be the perfect compliment to Monroe on both, the offensive and defensive end of the floor. Singleton could serve as a defensive SF, who has the youth and length to become a significant addition.

Why should WE continue to overvalue the promise and hope of the kids coming out of college this season? I say go with a know quantity (McGee), who has promise to only get better.

Washington would gladly make this deal and so would the Rockets. Also, the Lakers are in dire need of having someone to come off their bench, who can produce and provide leadership. Tay could serve their needs.

WE already have OUR leader: "Moose".
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Hilarious

Post  Grizz Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:The Real Notes and Quotes from the Washington game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Ryan Seacrest in New York City: And the “Crappy Award” for the worst performance of the year against the Wizards by an alleged NBA team goes to the Detroit Pistons.
The crowd: Bronx cheers, Boo! Hiss! You suck!
Ryan Seacrest: Accepting this award is Joe Dumars.
The crowd: Why don’t you go back to where you came from!
Joe Dumars: I don’t think going back to Fort Wayne, Indiana is a viable option for the organization. We left there in 1957. Most people don’t even remember we were there in the first place.

Biff Burns: How do you lose at home to the Wizards by 21 points?
Coach Frank: It’s an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, surrounded by mystery.
Biff Burns: Your best player, Monroe, scored 27 points. Wall, their best player, had only 9 points and you still lost.
Coach Frank: It baffles and perplexes the human brain.
Biff Burns: The Wizards have been loudly criticized for their stupid play this season.
Coach Frank: Stupid is as stupid does. The NBA is like a box of chocolates. You never know how many rotten games your team will play.
Biff Burns: Thank you for quoting Forest Gump.
Coach Frank: My head is exploding. Could you score me a couple of Tylenol. I really want to play the Nets again.
Biff Burns: Here’s your nightly dose. I’m afraid that ship has already sailed. You won’t play them again till next season.

Joe Dumars: They hexed us and put a curse on us, just like those creepy wizards in the Harry Potter movies. They might turn me into a toad.
Biff Burns: One can only hope.

Biff Burns: What were Bynum and Russell doing out there tonight? They played a total of 19 minutes and 43 seconds and had 2 points between them. Knight also had a bad game with 2 points in 30 minutes.
Coach Frank: It looked like they were auditioning for “Dancing With The Stars”.
Biff Burns: It was all style and no substance.
Coach Frank: Yes, but they looked pretty doing it.

Biff Burns: It was Brandon Knight Ute jersey give-away night. Any fans that could prove they were from the Ute tribe of Native Americans got a free jersey. Oh, excuse me the word is youth not Ute. It should be a youth jersey. I’m sorry, I’ve spent way too much time in New Jersey recently.

Biff Burns: It was also “Family Night”. Any fans resembling Peg, Kelly, Bud, or Al Bundy got in for half price.

Biff Burns: The good news is that Gilbert “Quick Draw” Arenas is no longer on the Wizards. I feel so much safer in their locker room. Not having to dodge bullets is a big plus when you’re a writer with a deadline.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:06 pm

Murph wrote:I'm going back to my original opinion of Austin Daye. The only way this guy is ever going to become a productive NBA player is for him to gain 25 lbs a muscle and play PF. Daye will probably never be able to gain 25 lbs, but IMO, PF is the only spot that Daye can handle. He is simply not a guard. He doesn't handle the ball well enough, shoot well enough, or move quickly enough to play SG.
In fact, playing SG seems to have messed up what little talent Daye had when he entered the NBA, after playing PF at Gonzaga. Daye has regressed every year he's been in the NBA. His 1st year, he shot 46% and looked promising, his 2nd year he shot 41%, and this year, he's shooting a pathetic 30%, including 20% from 3 pt land. facepalm
daye was a guard in high school. that is why his game is what it is. now, he may never be a SG in the nba, certainly that is possible, but the idea that playing him as a guard is somehow contrary to his skills is simply not correct.
from the LA times:
"Daye was a guard early in his high school career. Then he grew.
"It was a shock to me," said Darren Daye, a 6-8 swingman for the Bruins from 1980 to '83 who went on to play in the NBA. "No one knows how tall their child will be. In high school he was 6-3, then he grew to 6-11. It's so exciting to see your children surpass you.""
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
he only became a "PF" prospect because of his near seven foot height.
regressed every year? hmmm....
he was essentially tied with ben gordon as the team's best 3 point shooter last year. gordon shot .402; daye shot .401.
if you projected his numbers out to 36 minutes, he would have had a better scoring year than greg monroe last year. i don't call that regression, even if his shooting percentage overall fell.
imho, frank has done a dismal job of dealing with him and the only other young player he's had to make decisions about, macklin.
(like stuckey and tay and jj, knight got his real break because of injury and because of his favored status, virtue of the draft.)
who knows what is going to happen with daye. i don't. he's obviously lost a lot of confidence, and whenever that happens you always look to the people who are supposed to be in charge of developing that person.
as i've noted previously, if i'd simply gone to my supervisors and complained about a talented student who was failing because of a lack of confidence, i'd be ostracized. that student's lack of confidence, especially if it represented a dropoff from a previous year, would be laid directly at my feet.
contrary to the argument, he did not take a step back last year. in fact, he made progress. then he came to camp this year, was the leading scorer in the abbreviated camp and preseason and then the bottom fell out.
imho, that can directly be laid to the way he was handled in the first 5 games or so.
it is the job of the organization to maximize the talents of its players. just as it was my job to get the best out of my students.
it is looking as though frank is doing a darn good job of destroying the confidence of a young player with talent.
why isn't daye posted low whenever he does play the guard spot? ( which he did not do yesterday. he primarily played the 3.) detroit should have a specific set of plays designed to take advantage of his height advantages, but rarely is that advantage exploited. plain and simple coaching.
if i'm his coach, i use him at guard. and i immediately post him on the low blocks to get him an easy shot or get him to the foul line. let him see the ball go through the hoop, get his confidence up and hopefully get him going. we see none of that kind of game planning with daye, who seems to be told to just sit in the weak side corner and wait on a pass. not quite as bad as last year, when they had him laughingly trying to play the PF spot next to a similarly skinny tay, but almost as bad. teams should put young players in positions to succeed, not fail.
to see how a good coach handles the exact same situation, but much more successfully, i refer you, again to doug collins and jodie meeks.
THAT is how you handle a young player in a slump. and the fact that collins handled an almost identical situation so differently and has had so much more success is one of the reasons philly is doing so well, while detroit struggles.
here is video of daye in high school. and even though he has grown from his earlier days, he still plays the same perimeter, guard-type game he plays now. he is wearing the same "5" he wears now, he lurks at the 3, drops nice passes and hits the boards. basically the same game he is playing now.
imho, daye is going to be a player. he may never be an all star, but he has the talent to be a solid rotation player. it is either going to happen here, or someplace else.
this fan is tired of having players go someplace else in order to find themselves.

frankly, i'm tired of the whole daye business, which is why i haven't written much about it recently. at least wilkins is not getting PT that daye should be getting. but to not be aware of a player's history, and to simply distort that performance is something i don't care for.
yea, daye has stunk it up a lot this year, but he aint the only one. and as we see repeatedly - and as the wizards should have shown yesterday - the same young player who's ready to be run out of town is the same guy who could lead the team to a win the next day. young players are inconsistent - like wall and mcgee - and the best coaches understand that and ride with them. the worst coaches do exactly what lawrence frank has been doing with daye.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Daye

Post  Murph Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Murph wrote:I'm going back to my original opinion of Austin Daye. The only way this guy is ever going to become a productive NBA player is for him to gain 25 lbs a muscle and play PF. Daye will probably never be able to gain 25 lbs, but IMO, PF is the only spot that Daye can handle. He is simply not a guard. He doesn't handle the ball well enough, shoot well enough, or move quickly enough to play SG.

In fact, playing SG seems to have messed up what little talent Daye had when he entered the NBA, after playing PF at Gonzaga. Daye has regressed every year he's been in the NBA. His 1st year, he shot 46% and looked promising, his 2nd year he shot 41%, and this year, he's shooting a pathetic 30%, including 20% from 3 pt land. facepalm

I stand by my original post.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty let's hope washington gives up on mcgee....

Post  frankied Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:34 pm

mcgee has been getting dogged in washington very seriously.
he's done a bunch of dunderheaded things.
he's been up and down, in and out of the line up, taken out often at crucial times.
lots of washington media and fans want to rid themselves of that underacheiving headache.
let's hope that ernie grunfeld follows the joe dumars dump-em-before-you-know approach and puts mcgee on the trading block. and let's hope joe d is ready to pounce, when he does that.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty a wizard's perspective...

Post  frankied Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:21 pm

from bullets forever, a wizards' site. funny, they aren't blind and see the same things that we all see.
"Unlike the Wizards, however, the Pistons seem poised to be a team that is stuck in the mire for the long haul. Still anchored to the Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon contracts, and having given silly money to Rodney Stuckey, they are a sub-average team tied to a variety of bloated contracts. Using the amnesty on either Villanueva or Gordon only gets them out of one crappy contract, and I haven't even gotten into the money that Joe Dumars has handed out to Jonas Jerebko or perennial Wizards killer Will Bynum."
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty It is the truth

Post  Grizz Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:39 pm

Murph wrote:

I stand by my original post.

Great post Murph ... Mad scientist experiments just because our GM does NOT get there are 5 court positions that need to be filled on the roster. These experiments have damaged the careers of more than few players and has our team stuck to a degree in the Twilight Zone somewhere between rebuilding and just being a plain bad team.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty unfortunately, it is not true...

Post  frankied Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:23 pm

"Daye has regressed every year he's been in the NBA."
simply not true.
if you look at stats for daye, it is clear that he had a superior year his second year, and that he had not regressed.
looking at his regular stats, the only decrease was in his overall shooting percentage. that, however, is somewhat offset by virtue of his far superior 3 point shooting his second year.
first year, he shot .305 on 3 pointers; second year, .401.
his shooting percentage goes from 46% to 41%; his free throw shooting from 82% to 76%.
that's it. in every other statistical category, he improves his performance.
number of free throws per game, 3 pointer shooting, rebounding, assists, steals, blocked shots, points.
turnovers uptick from .07 to .08.
if you look at this advanced stats, the same story unfolds.
a slight difference in true shooting percentage, down from .546 to .518.
otherwise, every category shows improvement, not regression.
PER, points, rebounding percentage, blocks, steal percentage, win shares...everything.
so it is simply factually untrue to state that daye regressed every year he's been in the league.
except for shooting percentage, statistically, he improved in almost every category.
that is not what i call regression.
you could also look at him on the court and tell that he was a much better player. he had several performances in his second year where his shooting took over the game. i cannot recall that happening his rookie year.
and of course, we certainly do not have a crystal ball which will tell us what this season will look like, after 66 games.
this fan is not optimistic, but it is never over till it is over. unfortunately, daye has gone through a slump that has lasted almost the entire season. this fan is hoping that he'll be allowed to play through his slump so that he begins to perform to at lest the level he performed at last year. and hopefully, at higher level.
as they say, one is welcome to one's own opinion, but not one's own facts.
and obviously, regression is a false description of daye's evolution from season one to season 2. the numbers are there for anyone to see.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty actually....

Post  frankied Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:48 pm

fortunately, it is not true.
daye last year was a superior player to daye of his rookie year.
hopefully, by the time this year is over, we'll be able to say that he is a better player this year, than he was last year.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Holy Crap!!!

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:33 am

frankied wrote:from bullets forever, a wizards' site. funny, they aren't blind and see the same things that we all see.
"Unlike the Wizards, however, the Pistons seem poised to be a team that is stuck in the mire for the long haul. Still anchored to the Charlie Villanueva and Ben Gordon contracts, and having given silly money to Rodney Stuckey, they are a sub-average team tied to a variety of bloated contracts. Using the amnesty on either Villanueva or Gordon only gets them out of one crappy contract, and I haven't even gotten into the money that Joe Dumars has handed out to Jonas Jerebko or perennial Wizards killer Will Bynum."

It's REALLY bad when everyone knows that Joe has no clothes, even though he's walking around not knowing his stuff is swinging in the breeze! Joe doesn't even feel a draft!

They really hit the nail on the head, and the even dissed the coach in a back handed way.

They know Will Bynum is a Wizard killer, but Frank didn't get the memo! LB would of had Bynum out there for 20 minutes at the least, just to blow their minds!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Don't blame Daye

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:36 am

The Pistons have never had a coach that knew how to use him.

The experiment is over, they need to trade him to a club that actually thinks they know what to do with him, it's clear we don't.

Man, Joe has created a Frankstein Monster that can't kick anybody's ass!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:06 am

i had forgotten...but bynum has had some very nice games against washington. the fact that frank didnt even play him, while the guards were horrible is another example of frank not having a feel for players or games.
you are right...LB would havw thrown bynum out there to see if he still would kill washington.
frank has no feel.
none....
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:36 am

with daye, i've almost gotten to the point where i'm ready to wish him well and send him on his way. for his sake.
but, goddarn it...daye can play. he's got skillz. mad skillz for a guy almost seven foot tall. the pistons coaches should be smart enough to figure out how to use a guy with his physical profile and skillz.
chuck daly...where are you when we need you!
i do not understand how anyone can watch daye, when he plays well, and say that he is not a player you want on your team.
seven footer with 3 point range...can handle the ball...make a nice pass...good rebounder...
instead of figuring out ways to dump a guy like that, i'd be doing everything possible to help him succeed.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Don't blame Daye

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:58 am

Oracle wrote:The Pistons have never had a coach that knew how to use him.

The experiment is over, they need to trade him to a club that actually thinks they know what to do with him, it's clear we don't.

Since the Pistons have had Daye on their team, they've NOT had a coach. Lil' Larry is the latest stab at an exercise in futility (so Joe will have a smoke screen to cover his extra-wide ass later on) and glaring mistakes are being made by him on a game-to-game basis like his two predecessors. It's not a failed experiment Oracle, when the player proved himself competent, but the coach chooses to ignore him in favor of kissing ass....starting Stuckey on opening night when Daye was clearly the best SG in camp (I don't care if it was for one week and two games, that's what the league determined was sufficient for everyone), and Stuckey was not! Fans had began to get behind a Knight and Daye backcourt, but there was the zombie like ground swell of support for "sliding Stuckey over to SG" by those still sleep to the fact that Stuckey is not starting material on a contending team; as a starter he's more of a detriment to the team than an asset. We talk of Ben Wallace and Tayshaun taking PT from players deserving a chance to develop, but the obvious injustice is not developing Daye who was a #15 pick also! In the hands of a real coach things would be different for Daye and Macklin with what we're running out on the floor night after night.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Lets see .. I am a millionaire .. 22 years old .. single .. and I am in another country where my western moral restraints no longer are valid ... Yeah .. Be a good night to curl up with John Wooden's Masterpiece: Principles in Coaching Basketball ..

Post  Grizz Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:15 am

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:The Pistons have never had a coach that knew how to use him.

Since the Pistons have had Daye on their team, they've NOT had a coach. Lil' Larry is the latest stab at an exercise in futility (so Joe will have a smoke screen to cover his extra-wide ass later on) and glaring mistakes are being made by him on a game-to-game basis like his two predecessors. It's not a failed experiment Oracle, when the player proved himself competent, but the coach chooses to ignore him in favor of kissing ass....starting Stuckey on opening night when Daye was clearly the best SG in camp (I don't care if it was for one week and two games, that's what the league determined was sufficient for everyone), and Stuckey was not! Fans had began to get behind a Knight and Daye backcourt, but there was the zombie like ground swell of support for "sliding Stuckey over to SG" by those still sleep to the fact that Stuckey is not starting material on a contending team; as a starter he's more of a detriment to the team than an asset. We talk of Ben Wallace and Tayshaun taking PT from players deserving a chance to develop, but the obvious injustice is not developing Daye who was a #15 pick also! In the hands of a real coach things would be different for Daye and Macklin with what we're running out on the floor night after night.

I think we can blame Kuester, Frank, and Joe Dumars, and Daye himself, for Daye's failures, from even drafting him in the first place to how he has been developed, coached, and played out of position. I also would like to emphasize Daye's all lockout all night adventures in high class Russian vodka and call girls as decisive factors into Daye's slide into NO MAS.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Holy Crap!!!

Post  WTF Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:50 am

Oracle wrote:
frankied wrote:from bullets forever, a wizards' site. funny, they aren't blind and see the same things that we all see.

It's REALLY bad when everyone knows that Joe has no clothes, even though he's walking around not knowing his stuff is swinging in the breeze! Joe doesn't even feel a draft!

They really hit the nail on the head, and the even dissed the coach in a back handed way.

They know Will Bynum is a Wizard killer, but Frank didn't get the memo! LB would of had Bynum out there for 20 minutes at the least, just to blow their minds!

Come on little pecker Joe swinging in the breeze is impossible not with that over lapping jelly belly.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Daye Dreaming or Daye Trippin

Post  WTF Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:00 am

Both would be an accurate assessment in concluding Daye to be a wasted 1st round pick. When you watch Ty Lawson do his thing out in Denver and knowing at the time we needed a PG it was a wasted pick in mega porportion.

Not saying Knight can't be as good as Lawson or better but right know he's not. Same thing with Vazques who should also be on this squad right know. Joe is an idiot and I can't waiting for ownership to correct this by firing his ass soon.

frankied I know you've taken this stance of defending Daye but the kid has no brain even if he does has talent he's lost on the concept of playing NBA basketball. What worked in H.S and barely worked in college just isn't enough to elevate him in the pros.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made a Boo Boo)
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sebastian Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:46 am

frankied wrote:with daye, i've almost gotten to the point where i'm ready to wish him well and send him on his way. for his sake.
but, goddarn it...daye can play. he's got skillz. mad skillz for a guy almost seven foot tall. the pistons coaches should be smart enough to figure out how to use a guy with his physical profile and skillz.
i do not understand how anyone can watch daye, when he plays well, and say that he is not a player you want on your team.
seven footer with 3 point range...can handle the ball...make a nice pass...good rebounder...
instead of figuring out ways to dump a guy like that, i'd be doing everything possible to help him succeed.

frankied, I got to tell you , man, you are mostly right about everything you post, save for your position on the thin man, Austin Daye. The guy is not NBA material. I think that somehow, you may see Kevin Durant-like qualities, because of their similar builds, but the dude is not an NBA player.

Even I have been fooled by his Summer League performances. Man that guy is a Summer League baller, but he is not an NBA player.

It is time to move Darren Daye's son to some other NBA destination. Perhaps, packaging Daye and the draft rights to Kyle Singler to Houston can bring US back Terrance Williams and Hasheem Thabeet.

This would be a deal that could potentially enhance OUR rebuilding process.

Do it Joe: Move Daye and the draft rights to Kyle Singler to Houston for Hasheem Thabeet and Terrance Williams.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:13 am

IMO Daye would be a nice compliment on a team with a Superstar... someone like Kobe or Lebron... his only responsibility would be float on the perimeter and wait for a kick out when these players are doubled... Daye can shoot well and the simple repetition would clear his ugly mind.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Test

Post  WTF Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:31 am

hehe
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty WHAT THE ???!!!!

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:36 am

Sebastian wrote:
frankied wrote:with daye, i've almost gotten to the point where i'm ready to wish him well and send him on his way. for his sake.

frankied, I got to tell you , man, you are mostly right about everything you post, save for your position on the thin man, Austin Daye. The guy is not NBA material. I think that somehow, you may see Kevin Durant-like qualities, because of their similar builds, but the dude is not an NBA player.

Even I have been fooled by his Summer League performances. Man that guy is a Summer League baller, but he is not an NBA player.

It is time to move Darren Daye's son to some other NBA destination. Perhaps, packaging Daye and the draft rights to Kyle Singler to Houston can bring US back Terrance Williams and Hasheem Thabeet.

This would be a deal that could potentially enhance OUR rebuilding process.

Do it Joe: Move Daye and the draft rights to Kyle Singler to Houston for Hasheem Thabeet and Terrance Williams.
Sebastian, I don't understand the facination you have with Hasheem Thabeet, other than his name has a nice ring to it, but we don't need him. I base my statement on your trade proposal; Thabeet and Terrance Williams equals Daye and an untried Kyle Singler. Think about it. "You've got a full can and so do I, let's trade garbage!" We follow up "Trader Jack" with "Wheel Spinning Joe."
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:44 am

On the serious side, maybe with some real coaching we find that Daye is a better than servicable player and Singler just might be a better version of J.J. should he decide to come to Detroit. The problem seems to be administrative not player.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Daye has talent

Post  Grizz Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:46 am

Frankie .. You are right that Daye could be a very good player .. I think like Merc, just said .. he needs to be on a different kind of team where he is a spot up shooter where a Durant or Bryant or Rose need someone to take an open shot. Also, Kuester was just plain bad and never figured out a defined role for him, and with Joe's imbalanced roster, great chance you would end up trying to playing 2 or more positions, 1 or more of which you were unsuited and were doing it because of the NO OTHER OPTION our team has been in with regard to Bigs and PGs.. I honestly think Dumars created the imbalanced roster by choice, thinking he could do something that had never been done before, just like he had won a NBA title as GM with no clearcut superstar on the team. Anyway, hard enough for a young non-superstar player to learn ONE position let alone 2 or 3, which Daye and others have had to do. During his career as a Piston, Daye has shown flashes and games of brilliance and even guts to be willing to take (sometimes make!) the game on the line shots. Frank has in general given him the minutes this season and seems supportive enough. I am not sure whether Frank knows the nuts and bolts of NBA skills and techniques well enough to help Daye, so I wonder when I see Knight struggling too as to just what is going on. Could be just that young players struggle and should be given a lot of games to work it out and improve their game. Having said that, and with all Daye's struggles, I would rather see him on the court than any of the the over 30 years old players on our team, 4 by my count, so long as it is in the front court. If that means we lose more games, fine.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty DX ..You're very right .. I think Daye could well be very good with very good coaching .. and a roster which which had more talent and was more filed out position-wise

Post  Grizz Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:50 am

deusXango wrote:On the serious side, maybe with some real coaching we find that Daye is a better than servicable player and Singler just might be a better version of J.J. should he decide to come to Detroit. The problem seems to be administrative not player.

Now can I post some more dance vodka and call girl pics?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next