Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty for the mcgee fans in the house

Post  frankied Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:01 pm

this is why it might not be such a great thing to break the bank trying to get mcgee.
pretty funny.
now, i do expect him to have a good game today. monroe is not the kind of physically powerful center who gives him problems. against guys like monroe, mcgee will put of some good numbers. plus, i'm sure his mom has geeked him up about coming back to her old stomping grounds. there will probably be a huge mcgee faction at the palace, cheering her baby on. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  frankied Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:53 pm

this is the dynamic i always biotch and moan about.
young players, like lin, are on the roster, but instead of giving a young guy a chance, the coach plays the retread vet and the young guy never gets the legitimate shot to prove himself.
that is exactly what happened to jeremy lin in GS, where a retread vet, acie law, got the PT from the coach.
and law was not even an old vet, just someone who had been around the block a few times, and coaches will always defer to experience. law is someone who has played enough so most coaches know what kind of player he is or is not.
just another example of that maddening tendency of coaches. it also shows exactly what i always argue: the only way to avoid that trap is by not bringing in a veteran player. if that vet is on the roster, you can bet that he will get PT over the rookie, absent certain conditions - lottery pick.
this is what the owner says about the situation.
(funny, he didn't bring smart back and smart had to go from a head coaching job to an assistant's job with sactown. i'm sure the owner didn't appreciate smart NOT playing a guy he'd brought in, paid money to, and who could have been a real local boy makes good attendance draw. )
"Jeremy Lin was the backup point guard, and then we brought in Acie Law and [Smart] didn't play Jeremy but played Acie Law, which I thought was not great. That was something he and I disagreed on."
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  FireDumars Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:05 pm

frankied wrote:this is why it might not be such a great thing to break the bank trying to get mcgee.
pretty funny.
now, i do expect him to have a good game today. monroe is not the kind of physically powerful center who gives him problems. against guys like monroe, mcgee will put of some good numbers. plus, i'm sure his mom has geeked him up about coming back to her old stomping grounds. there will probably be a huge mcgee faction at the palace, cheering her baby on. [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

dont think pistons need another kwame brown like basketball IQ player
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty mcgee not a lost cause...

Post  frankied Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:32 pm

i actually don't think mcgee is quite in kwame brown territory....not yet.
i just think that he's not had the proper coaching. both eddie jordan and flip ran complex offensive systems that a rookie would have trouble handling and as we all know flip was not the most rookie friendly coach out there. he basically did no real coaching of rookies. which isn't that unusual in the league. jordan was also not known for his patience with young players.
so he came into the league, suffered through turmoil as jordan was fired 11 games into his rookie year, an interim coach was replaced the next year by vet-friendly flip and it is clear that he was not really provided lots of guidance. and when he was drafted, all the draft reports described him as a real project.
so, i'd hope that he has the potential to respond to good coaching. imho, detroit, with ben wallace as an assistant coach, would be an ideal situation for him.
but, obviously, he has a way to go.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:57 pm

the pistons from another perspective

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty mcgee not a lost cause...

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:15 pm

I agree, he's not even close to being a lost cause.

However, he also isn't even close to being a player to break the bank over(well, maybe the piggy bank).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty McGee The Knucklehead

Post  FlyDog Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:26 pm

One thing is for sure...........he is NOT a stumblebum. What an athlete. WOW!

Man...........Monroe is so smoooooooooooooth.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Admiring Monroe's Free Throw Shooting

Post  Grizz Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:49 pm

He's been so great at this .. and for a big man .. kinda rare and yet even more valuable .. because as BIGs take more shots from close up, they get fouled more. This means that the defense wont come as strong at Monroe because they know he will make his FT shots .. and that means he will score more baskets .. damn if you do, damn if you dont .. Yeah .. he is better than Cousins (I was wrong to think otherwise) .. and is the potentially the best player in the draft .. Georgetown centers forever ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:07 pm

FlyDog wrote:One thing is for sure...........he is NOT a stumblebum. What an athlete. WOW!

Man...........Monroe is so smoooooooooooooth.

Yes... and Yes... they would be a great compliment.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Note to self

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Self, please re-evaluate Mcgee after he takes his foot out of the Pistons ass!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Alrighty Then.............

Post  FlyDog Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:29 pm

That was the sterling finish I'm used to seeing. Hey Austin Daye: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! YOU SUCK, PUSSY! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's awful. Waive the bum already.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty oooooooooooooooooooh.....Pistons!

Post  Rett Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Sad

oh..my...gosh...

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Roster Spots

Post  Grizz Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:41 pm

These games especially remind one we do have OLD GUYS like Wallace, Wilkens, Russell .. who are just taking up valuable roster space, valuable court development time and are not about to improve their game and are this close to retiring ... Macklin might as well be 40 years old since he can only get 3 minutes of play time in a blow out to one of the worst teams in the league. Joe Dumars, we are a team in development, n'est pas? Put guys on the roster who have a CHANCE of developing into good players, and then play and mentor them .. Just a chance .. that 's all we ask. Otherwise we are spinning our wheels and the NBA is too competitive to waste chances to develop someone like Jeremy Lin. Would the Knicks would have been better off signing Russell Jr instead of Lin if Joe Dumars were their GM?

Last edited by Grizz on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Hang in there Rhett!

Post  Grizz Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:45 pm

Rett wrote: Sad

oh..my...gosh...

You cant win all your doormat opponent games .. pom pom Monroe was fairly awesome ... Knight is probably still adjusting to the broken nose and mask .. We will regroup and make someone pay! Spurs are real trouble now! Is DeJuan Blair still a better pick than Daye or Summers? We will get to see just that real soon ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Roster Spots

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:00 pm

Let's be REAL!!!

We'll never find players Lin, because if we had him, he would be burried on the bench.

You can't find young diamonds in the rough unless you play them.

Joe believes in the tooth scrapers, not youngsters(unless he's forced).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Too Crazy...

Post  Oracle Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:30 pm

I saw this review of what is probably a SyFi channel movie, and I was almost crying after reading it. I know that a lot of the people involved in the production write reviews, but the goal should be to remain as realistic as possible while lying to the movie going public... this review didn't fall into that category.

4 out of 9 people found the following review useful:
The pinacle of cinematography's existence, 30 January 2012

Author: tennisfreakty from United States

Alas, we have reached the apex of film. "Miami Magma," better known as "Swamp Volcano," is an outstandingly gripping movie, from start to finish. Todor Chapkanov and Declan O'Brien have captured what can only be described as a masterpiece of epic proportions. When I found out that Rachel Hunter was going to be in this movie I was in awe. However, when I learned that she would be acting along side the likes of Melissa Ordway and Cleavant Derricks, a little pee came out. This remarkably underrated movie deserves more credit than it's received, though I'm sure it'll catch fire sooner or later. "Bravo" says this observer, and I'm sure many others as well. I'll look for a sequel, but Miami Magma is probably best left untouched as it will be a classic for decades to come.

The pee part had me rolling, lol!
BTW, if you don't believe me, here is the link - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:37 am

Oracle wrote:I agree, he's not even close to being a lost cause.

However, he also isn't even close to being a player to break the bank over(well, maybe the piggy bank).
tonight was a great example of why mcgee is so intriguing.
obviously, he's a great athlete. he does incredible stuff on the court.
but you can never forget that he does really dumb stuff also and has frustrated 3 coaches and caused all kinds of heartburn for them.
as i noted before, i would still try to get him and try to sell him on the idea that detroit and ben wallace would be a great combination for him.
can you imagine mcgee on the same team with monroe?
monroe, at the high post, passing the ball into mcgee at the rim?
or mcgee and monroe going after defensive boards.
mcgee and monroe would, imho, be a dominant frontcourt for the next 10 years.
assuming proper coaching from big ben. (i also imagine that having monroe playing next to him would have to rub off on him. i'd bet that mcgee and monroe know each other, as i'd bet that monroe would play with some of the pro's in the summer in washington when he was at g-town.)
if i'm joe d, i'm trying to make a trade or do it in free agency or do anything i can to make it happen.
with these restrictions:
would not trade monroe, knight, jj or a first round pick that was not protected. protect it for the lottery the first couple of years and then leave it unprotected, if you had to trade it.
but if you put monroe and mcgee together, with knight, jj, a decent SG and a defensive small forward, you'd have a team that could go a long way.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Eight Uncncontested Dunks for McGee

Post  Sissy1946 Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:11 am

They played like crap, they stunk moving the ball & tonight I loathe Jelly-Joe for having his fat-azz watch this game & see how badly we need a big to go with Monroe, Dumars, you stink for not giving this team the big they desperately need, they play good for a while then fall back into what everyone can see their needs are. DAMN YOU DUMARS! Daye quit playing with your wanky & man up, hey Gordon, way to go into the tank again. wpn Joe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Good Prince or Bad Prince quote?

Post  Grizz Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:37 am

After the 21 point loss to the Wizards..

"Of course we'd love to play in an arena where it's packed every night," veteran forward Tayshaun Prince admitted before the game. "But to me, at the end of the day, we love the game so much it doesn't matter if there's one or two people in here. We're still gonna try to perform to the best of our ability."

And in the opinion of just about 80% of Piston Fans, we should never have been signed Prince .. Make that 5 players, well 6 with CV .. wait .. Ben Gordon is lost still .. so that's 7 players on the team who are a waste and if you had asked me 2 weeks ago, I would have included Jmax .. and if you ask anyone in 2 more weeks, everyone will probably include Jmax as deadwood for our rebuilding team .. so that is 8 players who are NOT really fitting in as a Detroit Piston in their rebuilding era, circa, 2012 ... Joe Do you even care? Cuz it is hard to tell when you get this much this wrong ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Tay, Tay, Tay..........

Post  FlyDog Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:53 am

You expect a packed arena when you lose to an awful team by 20 at home? Good luck with all that.

On a brighter note, with Gores at the helm that will all change. He has Billy Squier lined up to play Halftime for the March 3rd game against the Hornets. Peter Frampton couldn't commit, because he doesn't wrap up his city-wide tour of Pensacola until the 8th. When asked for comment, Richard Marx said..................ah, who the hell cares what Richard Marx said.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Bad Loss

Post  Murph Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:09 am

Just when you thought is was safe to go to the Palace...they lose by 21 at home to one of the worst teams in the NBA.

Last night was the Javale McGee show. He had 22 pts, 11 rbds and 2 blks. I still say he'd look good along side Monroe.

Monroe was the only Piston who had a good game, with 27 pts and 3 asts. Wallace pulled down 7 boards in 12 mintues.

Our guards stunk up the place big time. They were a combined 8-45 from the floor (18%). Stuck was 2-9, Knight 1-9, Gordon 2-9, Daye 2-9, Russell 1-7, and Bynum 0-2...pew! There was a stench eminating from the Palace last night.

Next up?...San Antonio. BTW, has anyone noticed that San Antonio is one of the best teams in the NBA, again this season? They have the 2nd best record in the West. Now there's a team that knows the value of maintaining continuity, keeping it's veteran core in tact, while adding new and talented players around the core. It doesn't hurt that they found and have kept a Hall of Fame coach. The Spurs should be the model for every small and mid-market team in the NBA.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Daye

Post  Murph Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:34 am

I'm going back to my original opinion of Austin Daye. The only way this guy is ever going to become a productive NBA player is for him to gain 25 lbs a muscle and play PF. Daye will probably never be able to gain 25 lbs, but IMO, PF is the only spot that Daye can handle. He is simply not a guard. He doesn't handle the ball well enough, shoot well enough, or move quickly enough to play SG.

In fact, playing SG seems to have messed up what little talent Daye had when he entered the NBA, after playing PF at Gonzaga. Daye has regressed every year he's been in the NBA. His 1st year, he shot 46% and looked promising, his 2nd year he shot 41%, and this year, he's shooting a pathetic 30%, including 20% from 3 pt land. facepalm

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty WHY........

Post  deusXango Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:35 am

Murph wrote:Next up?...San Antonio. BTW, has anyone noticed that San Antonio is one of the best teams in the NBA, again this season? They have the 2nd best record in the West. Now there's a team that knows the value of maintaining continuity, keeping it's veteran core in tact, while adding new and talented players around the core. It doesn't hurt that they found and have kept a Hall of Fame coach. The Spurs should be the model for every small and mid-market team in the NBA.

Hey Murph, the most telling observation in your post regarding how far the Pistons have regressed under Dumars direction, (we have been guided onto the rocks no matter what anyone says) is that we were proven equals to the San Antonio Spurs for years, and then BOOM! look at us now. As much as I disliked Flip Saunders, I hated the Michael Curry hire the day it was announced. We should not have been "shakeing up the backcourt" as it was our core and strength; Prince should have been traded then, not Chauncey. Amir Johnson should have continued to develop under the tutelage of McDyess and R. Wallace, as Afflalo and Stuckey developed under Billips and Hamilton. We would have replaced our frontcourt by now with superior talent all while contending. Our backcourt would have remained solid and be all-star caliber today....Joe just lost his damn mind, and the blame for that can't be placed on Karen Davidson, or the pending sale of the team.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty oooooooooooooooooooh.....Pistons!

Post  WTF Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:19 pm

Rett wrote: Sad

oh..my...gosh...

Crybaby cheerleader lol! Suck it up!!!!!!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:25 pm

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:Next up?...San Antonio. BTW, has anyone noticed that San Antonio is one of the best teams in the NBA, again this season? They have the 2nd best record in the West. Now there's a team that knows the value of maintaining continuity, keeping it's veteran core in tact, while adding new and talented players around the core. It doesn't hurt that they found and have kept a Hall of Fame coach. The Spurs should be the model for every small and mid-market team in the NBA.

Hey Murph, the most telling observation in your post regarding how far the Pistons have regressed under Dumars direction, (we have been guided onto the rocks no matter what anyone says) is that we were proven equals to the San Antonio Spurs for years, and then BOOM! look at us now. As much as I disliked Flip Saunders, I hated the Michael Curry hire the day it was announced. We should not have been "shakeing up the backcourt" as it was our core and strength; Prince should have been traded then, not Chauncey. Amir Johnson should have continued to develop under the tutelage of McDyess and R. Wallace, as Afflalo and Stuckey developed under Billips and Hamilton. We would have replaced our frontcourt by now with superior talent all while contending. Our backcourt would have remained solid and be all-star caliber today....Joe just lost his damn mind, and the blame for that can't be placed on Karen Davidson, or the pending sale of the team.

Yep Joe's a fuck up and get far too much genius status for 2004. The proof that Joe was lucky back then is just how royaly he screwed this team up since. Not one good move or good decision excluding the last two no brainer draft choices Joe has been a fuck up.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next