Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Pistons within 2 With 4 minutes Left

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 pm

Daye keeping' them in the game with 28 Big Points. Here we go.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Tie Game

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Oracle: Pass the popcorn, Pistons have chance to take the lead, 12-2 tear, Knight with a deuce, Pistons up by 2.

Last edited by Sissy1946 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Pistons take the LEAD!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Blaha says listen to the crowd... yeah all 5 of them, lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:Oracle: Pass the popcorn, Pistons have chance to take the lead, 12-2 tear, Knight with a deuce, Pistoms up by 2.

Yeah, I threw a few kernels at ya, watch out, cause they have a LOT of butter on them!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Crowd

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Yea a big shame with the attendance, blame it on Joe though. Pistons 92-90, 3:08 left.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Crowd

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Yea a big shame with the attendance, blame it on Joe though. Pistons 92-90, 3:08 left.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty I Hate Bosh, James & Wade: Fugging' Prima Donna's

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:02 pm

Jonas with a 3, lead by 3, Time Out Heat. 1:33 left. Jeeze Oracle, why so much butter? I've got it all over my lap.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Steal by Daye, Foul By Chalmers

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:04 pm

Knight misses two free throws, foul on Monroe to James, makes 2, lead by 1.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty This game has everything...

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Now the youngster will have to learn to close out a tough team... come on, let's go!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty The Pistons telegraphed the last play

Post  Oracle Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:13 pm

They forced it to Daye, but Knight probably should have taken the shot!

Still a great game to watch!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Monroe Blocks James, Ref Calls Phantom Foul on Monroe

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:15 pm

I knew these son of a beeches refs would take this game away from the Pistons, Monroe has all ball on that block, James makes the 1st one, time out. Are these the same refs that did the Lions games? Bass-turds. Heat up 1, pistons have ball, down one, 20.2 seconds left on the clock. The refs, umpires, officials have taken over pro sports to the point of its getting sickening watching their Schitt. Monroe misses, James grabs rebound, we foul Lebron with 9.4 left, Pistons down 3, Daye travels, game over, Pistons lose by 3. Great game by the Pistons, Stuckey had fouled out, Gordon, Prince & Charley V missing in action, get rid of those bums, these guys did a hell of a job, Dumars get off your fat-azz & get these guys some bigs, quit being so dastardly disgusting, just saw Rett with his Go Pistons Banner. wpn Joe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 am

cool breeze wrote:
frankied wrote:
deusXango wrote:There seem to be growing support for Harrison Barnes as our first pick. I've even read where some clown suggested that if we had the first pick it should be used on Barnes. What am I missing? The only player in America under 6'10" that the Pistons should be thinking of taking, if Davis is gone, is Thomas Robinson! It's not as if Barnes is the second coming of Kevin Durant, but Robinson is a David West clone.
DX,
you are exactly right on robinson. kidd-gilchrist will be in the conversation, but if i had a top 3 pick and both drummond and davis are gone, robinson is probably the guy. i love his game!

Frankied Robinson is playing better than he was projected to play this season. However, he is only 6 feet 8 inches tall. I do not want the Pistons to take Barnes if they have the chance to do it though. Detroit needs to make some trades to rid the team of some of the high priced vets who do not fit and exchange them for more draft picks. Detroit needs to get more than one player in the first round. The selections should both be big men. Most of the bigs will have defects in this draft but they will still be upgrades from what the Pistons currently have under contract.
COOOL BREEEZE!!!!! That's the way to "tune up" those in favor of standing pat with our one pick; Don, you drove the point of reason home! tb
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:24 am

FlyDog wrote:Or..............He could remain a look-at-me, mama's boy BUM.
McGee is a good to solid Center already... with more upside.
This board seems to be above the curve in recognizing McGee's talent...
Top two protected... final answer

Last edited by merc on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:33 am

Any reason the Pistons have a better chance of improving over the Cavs... Irving, Varajao, TT etc.?
This is gonna take more than drafting young studs... what happened to trader Joe?

Oh Yeah... Gordon can suck his contract all the way to Am-Nasty land
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty I'm glad Prince didn't play

Post  Oracle Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:49 am

Prince has developed a subconcious fear of LeBron that the younger players don't have.

You can't stop him, but you can make him work for his shots, and I liked the effort against James tonight.

Monroe was good when he needed to be, and Knight is the REAL DEAL folks!!!

Daye didn't look slow at all tonight! He did what Prince can't seem to do against these guys, he dribbled in traffic, defended, and was generally very active.

If Daye can perform anywhere close to where he was tonight, that's really good news for us in the short term, and if we have to trade him, his value will shoot up very high.

Stuckey did alright, but it's really clear, at least to this poster, that Knight is by far the better suited player for the PG position, and the better player in the long run.

Really good stuff in this game!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Daye IS Working hard now instead of crying or moping . ..like he seemed to be before

Post  Grizz Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:34 am

Michael Rosenburg: Daye worked all night in the gym Tuesday, and flew in his personal trainer for some work and a pep talk. He said afterward that once he hit a three-pointer, his confidence rose. He didn't just score, either -- he had six rebounds and did a decent job defending James, or as decent as can be expected.

Glad to see Daye can handle as good and strong / fast a SF (THE KING) in the NBA as there is .. Now leave him there and let him grow along with JJ as an backup / starting SF player .. Dont want to see the same thing happen to Daye (or JJ) that has happened to other young players in Detroit... get played without a role .. or at the wrong position .. or never receive regular minutes ..however small .. II general, if an NBA franchise screws around and screws up the first 3 years of a players development by doing the aforementioned . those players ARE NOT GONNA develop fully and you are stuck with whatever is left .. Jmax being an example ..

Joe D.. you should have NOT have signed Prince, although it was at reasonable price, and instead, as many have already screamed, used that money to arrange for a BADLY neede big ..Doing so ALSO would mean either or both, Daye and JJ could become solid SFs, instead of being shoved around and wondering which end was up...In addition, Monroe and 10 minutes of Ben Wallace are not going to cut it as BIGs .. Leaves us short about 50 minutes combined in TRUE BIG COURT TIME .. BAD on you Mr. Dumars .. We need you to GET TO WORK and be our GM as you were 10 years ago .. and not trying to coast by as if any decision you made would be good just because you are Joe Dumars...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty That Was An Almost Perfect Game

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:33 am

Nice to see Daye play exceptionally well, and Monroe and Knight come alive in the 2nd Half to lead the team back from a 10 point 4th Quarter deficit. We would have won had 94 year old Dick Bavetta not stuck his nose in where it didn't belong and hand the game over to Lebron. But losing is kinda the name of the game right now anyway.

And before some short-sighted moron says, "And we did it without 2 of our best players, Prince and Gordon. If they played we would have won".................you may want to re-think that thought, or keep it to yourself. Just sayin'................

Merc- I disagree with the Forum concensus 100% on McGee. I wouldn't take him on our team if he paid ME!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Good Game

Post  Murph Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:59 am

Finally, a third of the way through the season, Austin Daye finally hits a few shots. banana It's about freaking time!!! Quick, trade him while his value is up. lol!

Anyway, good game last night. I thought we lost the game, when Stuckey fouled out. Up until that point, we had staged a come back and were leading by 2. After Stuckey fouled out with 3 minutes left, we lost the lead and lost the game.

Monroe had his usual good game, with 20 and 10.

All in all, a very exciting game, which we still managed to lose. clap

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Odds and Ends

Post  Murph Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:11 am

merc wrote:McGee is a good to solid Center already... with more upside.

Yes, for those who tuned in to the Washington/Charlotte game during breaks in the Pistons game (as Don suggested), they saw McGee score efficiently, pull down 10 rbds and block 4 shots in only 21 minutes.

And I'm sorry, I'd trade Thomas Robinson for JaVale McGee straight up also. IMO, Robinson will never provide the defense and rebounding that McGee can provide.

After Drummond and Davis, the only two draft choices I'd be very reluctant to trade are Harrison Barnes and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. It's not as if we have a need for either of those guys (especially with Austin Daye playing so well party). However, I would hate to pass on Barnes and Kidd-Gilchrist, and then have them develop into potential Grant Hill or Paul Pierce type players, respectively. Joe would never hear the end of it, if he passed on Barnes and Kidd-Gilchrist, and they developed into stars.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty McGee

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:07 am

My problem with McGee is not his production on the floor, but the negatives he would bring to the locker room. By all accounts (With the exception of his enabling mommy), the guy is a knucklehead. The 2007-2008 Pistons could have handled this guy, but not this current roster and staff. Do we really want this guy poisoning our young, solid core? Let's be Frank.........lil Larry isn't exactly a pillar of strength. I say take a pass on this guy. Let him go to a team with a veteran core. The poor guy would fail on a team like the Pistons, imo.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Current 2 Advanced Piston Stats ... which ... only tell a small part of the story but still good to consider

Post  Grizz Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:29 am

Player 5 PER DRtg
Greg Monroe 23.6 105
Vernon Macklin 17.3 101
Rodney Stuckey 16.6 112
Jonas Jerebko 12.7 108
Ben Gordon 12 112
Tayshaun Prince 11.5 112
Brandon Knight 11.2 111
Ben Wallace 10.5 102
Jason Maxiell 9.6 107
Will Bynum 9.5 109
Charlie Villanueva 9 98
Austin Daye 8.6 107
Damien Wilkins 7.5 111
Walker Russell 5.2 107

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Grizz

Post  FlyDog Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:32 am

I have no idea what I'm looking at there. Could you please explain what DTGPERWTF is?;-)
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty About Yesterday Game

Post  Pablitus Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:50 am

The most important thing is that we play without the big cash players : Villa, Gordon and Prince. And we do Ok .

So Why Dumars, are wait for kick their A$$ out of Motown ?

I Have no problem when we lose with the youth, but when you put the vet and they don't find away to win , I get angry.

So Dumars, Fix it !!!

Pablitus

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty Odds and Ends

Post  deusXango Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:13 am

Murph wrote:
merc wrote:McGee is a good to solid Center already... with more upside.

Yes, for those who tuned in to the Washington/Charlotte game during breaks in the Pistons game (as Don suggested), they saw McGee score efficiently, pull down 10 rbds and block 4 shots in only 21 minutes.

And I'm sorry, I'd trade Thomas Robinson for JaVale McGee straight up also. IMO, Robinson will never provide the defense and rebounding that McGee can provide.

After Drummond and Davis, the only two draft choices I'd be very reluctant to trade are Harrison Barnes and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. It's not as if we have a need for either of those guys (especially with Austin Daye playing so well party). However, I would hate to pass on Barnes and Kidd-Gilchrist, and then have them develop into potential Grant Hill or Paul Pierce type players, respectively. Joe would never hear the end of it, if he passed on Barnes and Kidd-Gilchrist, and they developed into stars.
LET'S LEAVE OUR FIRST ROUND PICK OUT OF ANYTHING WE DO......OKAY?! We need to be trying to get some company for that pick; at least two first rounders would be ideal this year. A lot of the support to dump our first round pick beyond the top two is based on the fear that Dumars will f#$k it up and that's a healthy fear. JaVale McGee can be had for a lot less than we're projecting, if we really want him. Joe's job is to find that third team, that team that would take Blatche off our hands (hee, hee), and do a CV and Maxiell for McGee and Blatche; keep McGee and pass Blatche on for whatever. The Wizards desperately want Blatche and McGee out of their locker room. 'Fo real.
Lil' Larry need to start thinking out of the box unless he's been ordered to "tow the line" and continue to fumble around.
Hey Murph, imagine for a minute that Macklin could develop into a star, now what? He's got ideal size for a PF and has never hurt the team when on the floor......matter of fact he's been a positive contributor. We have a NBA ready player that we don't use.
Check out these possible paint players: Monroe, McGee, Macklin, Jerebko, Daye, and Wallace. Not bad, huh? Not great, but not bad!
Look at these guards as rotation players: Knight, Stuckey, Russell Jr., and Wilkins. We got 'em, and they're doing okay.
The point I'm trying to make is we've gotta move some of our players as they're anchors to this team going forward. CV, BG, Maxiell, Bynum, and Prince are not what we need; they're not on the above speculative list. They're costing us a small fortune for nothing in return!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 9 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the Miami game

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:44 am

The Real Notes and Quotes from the Miami game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Biff Burns: Your team played well and hard and almost beat one of the best teams in the league.
Coach Frank: Yes, but like bobbing for piranhas, it just wasn’t going to end well.

Biff Burns: Where was Tayshaun?
Dumars: We sent him out to look for Charlie V.

Biff Burns: Any Charlie V sightings?
Coach Frank: I don’t know where he is. I haven’t seen him in ages. Maybe we should send out Dog The Bounty Hunter to find him.
Coach Dee Brown: There is a rumor circulating that he is trying out for a part on the TV show “Lost”.

Coach Frank: How appropriate it was for the Pistons to have a performer with the last name of Pain performing at half time. After every loss I have to take my Extra Triple Strength Excedrin. They should have had the group The Presidents of the United States of America sing “Cleveland Rocks” just to aggravate the crap out of LeBron. I would have really enjoyed seeing that.
Biff Burns: Coach, in another month you’re going to need a morphine drip and Enya’s music to calm your pain and nerves.

Biff Burns: Tonight’s give-a-way was Light-Up Necklaces that came with a consumer warning: Light-Up Necklaces should not be given under any circumstances to any females over the age of ten. It definitely should not be given by married men to their wives. It could be highly dangerous to husbands. During testing women who received the necklace as a gift from their spouses tended to chase the males around the house with meat cleavers screaming at them calling them cheap skates and other derogatory names.

Biff Burns: See you all Friday on 1980’s Night. Don’t forget to wear your jelly shoes and one glove.
Pistons Fan: Hey, Biff you look simply divine with that necklace.

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next