Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty How many Piston fans are not looking forward to the return of Ben Gordon, Charlie V or Bynum?

Post  cool breeze Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:05 pm

I am tired of reading the injury reports from the Detroit News giving Piston fans updates on players most Piston fans do not want to see in Piston uniforms let alone watching them perform in games. WE ARE HAPPY THEY ARE NOT PLAYING. If Ben Gordon in concerned about going though screens and injuring his shoulders, then keep him in street clothes. How about Charlie V's sore ankle. Do we care if he returns. Yes we do. We do not want that to happen. I can't believe than any Piston fan likes what Charlie has brought to this Piston team. Does the coach want either Ben Gordon or Charlie V to get healthy enough to play? I doubt it. This creates problems for the coach because Joe Dumars wants those guys to play. Otherwise, Joe might get fired. Poor coach Franks already has to deal with finding playing time for Daye. I am in favor of playing Daye over either Gordon or Charlie. So Detroit News writers, please understand that we Piston fans have rejected those players you are writing about. Sure give us an update on Knight's injury. As for Bynum, Piston fans have bonded with Walker Russell. He is a real point guard who knows how to play both ends and has a high basketball IQ. God I hate the day when those 3 players return and the coach has to somehow put them in the rotation because of pressure from above. I like watching this team right now even if they get behind by 20 points now and then. Please Mr. Gores, ban Joe Dumars from the Palace during the games and let the coach play the best players. Then set the Detroit News reporters straight by telling them that Joe's Big Three impact players are not part of the Pistons future so there is no need for any additional updates about them.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Trade the 2012 1st Pick to T-Wolves for Derrick Williams

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:10 pm

Sebastian, after reading your rebuttal and reasoning I would trade our pick straight up for Derrick Williams providing we parlayed players like Prince, Stuckey, Gordon, and Maxiell for a couple of first rounders, mid to late. We need another big man and a quality SG also! Players that play defense as well as position.

I appreciate the fact that Don "Cool Breeze" of Tuscon, has been in the cat-bird seat to view Williams game, and he's nuts over the guy. I trust his opinion of the player.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty How many Piston fans are not looking forward to the return of Ben Gordon, Charlie V or Bynum?

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:16 pm

I love the shortened rotation being deployed now by Lil' Larry, and it's real nice considering we don't have to be disgusted by the "stumble bum three."
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty GREG MONROE

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:27 pm

Anyone other than me think that he deserves to be in the all-star game regardless of what our record is? There is only one center that could challenge him for a place on the squad and that's Roy Hibbert. Bosh and Stoudemire play PF! Right here, right now the "Moose" has proven himself in the center spot as being the second best in the east.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Monroe All-Star?

Post  Sebastian Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:36 pm

deusXango wrote:Anyone other than me think that he deserves to be in the all-star game regardless of what our record is? There is only one center that could challenge him for a place on the squad and that's Roy Hibbert. Bosh and Stoudemire play PF! Right here, right now the "Moose" has proven himself in the center spot as being the second best in the east.

Statistically, it can be strongly argued that "Moose" should make the All-Star team, this February. However, I would rather that he is not selected, this season.

I would much rather see Monroe anointed more naturally. Also, I would argue that possibly, this February, Roy Hibbert is more worthy of the invite.

I just would much rather have Moose finish this season out with a chip on his shoulder and come back, next season, more hungrier than he entered this season - even better conditioned and more determined to lead OUR Pistons from the basement of the Central Division and Eastern Conference.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Monroe All-Star?

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:Anyone other than me think that he deserves to be in the all-star game regardless of what our record is? There is only one center that could challenge him for a place on the squad and that's Roy Hibbert. Bosh and Stoudemire play PF! Right here, right now the "Moose" has proven himself in the center spot as being the second best in the east.

Statistically, it can be strongly argued that "Moose" should make the All-Star team, this February. However, I would rather that he is not selected, this season.

I would much rather see Monroe anointed more naturally. Also, I would argue that possibly, this February, Roy Hibbert is more worthy of the invite.

I just would much rather have Moose finish this season out with a chip on his shoulder and come back, next season, more hungrier than he entered this season - even better conditioned and more determined to lead OUR Pistons from the basement of the Central Division and Eastern Conference.
Being selected to the all-star game didn't extinguish the desire for Thomas or Hill to excell. I'm not for delaying honors for hard work at this level. I remember the injustice done Love and Aldridge.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Scott Foster Is A Crooked Crook.........

Post  FlyDog Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:52 pm

frankie, I've been saying the same thing for years. The fact that he still has a job is a testament to Stern's NBA. "One rogue ref", my ASS!

I like Cee-Lo's music, and he looks almost normal until he stands next to another human.;-)
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Quite a Character

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Looks like the Lakers have waived Derrick Caracter 6'9, weren't we interested in him a couple of years ago playing in the Summer League? With the likes of the players we have on this team Joe probably wouldn't be interested. Wilkens, Maxiell, Charley V, I would take Caracter over all three of these characters, he moves well & is a big body that would go well along with Monroe, come on Joe at less give it a smell. pom pom Joe
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sebastian Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:10 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:

Being selected to the all-star game didn't extinguish the desire for Thomas or Hill to excell. I'm not for delaying honors for hard work at this level. I remember the injustice done Love and Aldridge.

But, deusXango, you have to keep in mind that the coaches select the alternates. Monroe's numbers are good, tru: 16.3 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 0.5 bpg; while Hibbert's numbers are: 13.7 ppg, 9.7 rpg, and 1.8 bpg. The Pacers record is currently 16-7, while WE are a laughable 6-20. Also, the Pacers are projected to being a Playoff team, possibly a 2nd Round Playoff team, while WE are jockeying for the most ping=pong balls.

Not to sound like a Pacers fan, but Hibbert is more deserving of the alternate Center position on this year's Eastern Conference All-Star team.

But, I really like the growth and development of OUR guy, Moose.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty REAL TALK

Post  deusXango Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Hey Sebastian, you don't sound like a Pacers fan, you sound like you know what you're seeing, and as I stated, Hibbert would be the only challange to the "Moose." I had no idea that their numbers were so close together however. Call me a deluded homer and cheerleader pom pom
On the serious side, not only the numbers but the teams performace, in this case, should be the deciding factor and Indy has come out of "nowhere" this year. Hibbert.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:35 pm

Sissy1946 wrote:Looks like the Lakers have waived Derrick Caracter 6'9, weren't we interested in him a couple of years ago playing in the Summer League? With the likes of the players we have on this team Joe probably wouldn't be interested. Wilkens, Maxiell, Charley V, I would take Caracter over all three of these characters, he moves well & is a big body that would go well along with Monroe, come on Joe at less give it a smell. pom pom Joe

Sissy .. a lot of us were in interested in Caracter and we could have drafted him .. Does anyone know whether he is worth a spot on the roster or why the Lakers released him?
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty This damns Stern's NBA to hell ... Stern must go! I mean .. what does the guy stand for now? Corruption I guess

Post  Grizz Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:37 pm

FlyDog wrote:frankie, I've been saying the same thing for years. The fact that he still has a job is a testament to Stern's NBA. "One rogue ref", my ASS!

I like Cee-Lo's music, and he looks almost normal until he stands next to another human.;-)
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty scott foster

Post  frankied Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Grizz wrote:
FlyDog wrote:frankie, I've been saying the same thing for years. The fact that he still has a job is a testament to Stern's NBA. "One rogue ref", my ASS!

that was the shadiest call i've ever seen when watching a game.
foster came out of nowhere to make the call. he was the farthest ref from the play and as soon as he saw that the ball did not go in he ran from the half court area to call the goaltending. both of the other refs are in much better position.
very, very shady.
in fact, the league just came out with a statement admitting that it was NOT a correct call.
how does this guy still work in the league?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Scott Foster Is A Lying Cheater

Post  FlyDog Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:33 pm

The 300 calls to Donaghey over 18 months, with none lasting more than 2 minutes, tells me all I need to know about this guy.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Caracter

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Grizz wrote:
Sissy1946 wrote:Looks like the Lakers have waived Derrick Caracter 6'9, weren't we interested in him a couple of years ago playing in the Summer League? With the likes of the players we have on this team Joe probably wouldn't be interested. Wilkens, Maxiell, Charley V, I would take Caracter over all three of these characters, he moves well & is a big body that would go well along with Monroe, come on Joe at less give it a smell. pom pom Joe

Sissy .. a lot of us were in interested in Caracter and we could have drafted him .. Does anyone know whether he is worth a spot on the roster or why the Lakers released him?
Grizz: Just says he was waived, the Lakers had sent him to the D-League Jan. 25 where he averaged 15.5 a game with 7.5 rebounds, wish Jelly-Filled would take a look, I know they were talking about him before he was drafted. It's not like we couldn't use him instead of Maxiell or Has Ben.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Beam Me Up Scotty

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:38 pm

FlyDog wrote:The 300 calls to Donaghey over 18 months, with none lasting more than 2 minutes, tells me all I need to know about this guy.
yeah, Hello Mac, Scott here, How's it hangin'? Give me a Dush on Detroit Losing, See ya Mac.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty caracter

Post  frankied Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:04 pm

the only thing i'd imagine that would prevent the team from taking a look at him is that he had a tendency to gain weight. he'd had a knee injury, i think, which is the kind of thing that could easily let him get fat.
haven't read anything about him at this point, but it looks like he had decent numbers, so maybe he was in shape.
heck, even if he was not in great shape, i'd take a look at him.
why not.
remember, the team has been keeping only 13 and 14 players, so they have room for one more player, at least.
if they are willing to spend some money.
what is so f--ked up is that they are paying more than 6 million for guys not playing, but are hesitant to spend a little bit for guys who might be able to play.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Forget Character

Post  Oracle Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:49 pm

This cat is a total LOSER!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Character?

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:17 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Just a taste:
Lakers reserve forward Derrick Caracter was arrested early Sunday morning for drunkenly hitting a pregnant waitress at a downtown International House of Pancakes, according to police.

Edit: BTW, he isn't even listed at NBA.com anymore!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:43 am

Found our next Center.... Only thing gonna stop him is a female
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:40 am

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Just a taste:
Lakers reserve forward Derrick Caracter was arrested early Sunday morning for drunkenly hitting a pregnant waitress at a downtown International House of Pancakes, according to police.

Edit: BTW, he isn't even listed at NBA.com anymore!
oh well...obviously the lakers knew something no one else knew....
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:41 am

i have to say i'd still have to examine the specific circumstances to make a judgment on caracter.
the only truly negative thing, without further examination, is that he has a history.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Nikola Pekovic, emerging big destroyed Cousins

Post  FireDumars Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:03 am

Another great 2nd round selection. Why cant Dumars EVER find a physical big who will run over people???????????

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer
3 hours, 0 minutes ago

MINNEAPOLIS (AP)—The way that DeMarcus Cousins has been playing lately, the Minnesota Timberwolves were looking like fools for passing on him in favor of Wes Johnson last year.

The way Nikola Pekovic is emerging as a force in the middle is definitely softening that blow.

Pekovic had 23 points and 10 rebounds, and Michael Beasley added 17 points and 14 boards to lead the Minnesota Timberwolves to an 86-84 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday night in their first game without the suspended Kevin Love.

Ricky Rubio had 14 assists and five steals and Derrick Williams scored seven of his 14 points in the final four minutes to give the Timberwolves their third straight win.

But it was Pekovic on both ends—whirling to the rim for thunderous dunks on offense and beating up Cousins on defense—that was the key to the Wolves (13-12) equaling their best start since 2005-06.

“He’s the reason why we won,” said rookie Derrick Williams, who had eight rebounds and three blocks in the start for Love.

Pekovic held Cousins, who had 49 points and 39 rebounds in the previous two games, to 10 points on 3-for-13 shooting and 11 rebounds. The second-year man from Montenegro drew two fouls on Cousins in the first four minutes, and the volatile Cousins seemed flustered for the rest of the game.

“He is a man down there,” Kings coach Keith Smart said of Pekovic. “He plays in the trenches where you have to play with a physical game and that young man has been playing well for over a week and a half now.”

He had 27 points and 11 rebounds in a win over New Jersey on Friday and provided huge offensive punch on Tuesday night when the rest of his team missed 13 of 16 shots in the third quarter.

He made all six of his shots, three of them coming on dunks. One came on a between-the-legs feed from Rubio and another on a pretty spin to the baseline past Cousins.

He also lowered his shoulder and ran right over Cousins for a layup, and picked Jason Thompson at halfcourt and finished the play with a nifty finger roll to bring the crowd to its feet.

“It’s fun to watch him play,” coach Rick Adelman said.
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 24 Empty Darko not trusting banks to keep his money

Post  FireDumars Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:11 am

Looks like Darko is not stupid like the rest of us.

Former NBA sharpshooter Casey Jacobsen bounced around quite a bit in his journeyman career before landing a gig in Germany, and a spot on SLAM's online roster of bloggers. And in a recent post detailing some of the quirkier habits of his diverse group of former teammates, he tosses out this nugget about former Memphis Grizzlies teammate and current Minnesota Timberwolves big man Darko Milicic:

It's nearly impossible to explain the weirdness that is Darko, but he told me one time that he did not keep his money in any bank, nor did he invest in stocks or bonds. "I just keep it," he told me and then turned away. Looking back, I should have asked a follow-up question. I don't know if I believe him, but he was making over $6 million that season. That's a lot of cheddar to stash underneath a mattress! On another note… that was easily the longest conversation we ever had, and that was how he preferred it.
The guy has made over $42 million in his NBA career and he's got about $7 million coming to him over the next two years of his partially guaranteed deal with the Wolves.
FireDumars
FireDumars

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:31 am

joe picked walter sharpe instead of pekovich.
remember?
he drafted dj white first. then he trsded that pick and moved down three spots.
two players were picked. and then he picked sharpe. one of those players picked was pekovich.
so joe could have picked pekovich or deandre jordan, but instead picked walter "sleepy" sharpe.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next