Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+6
Phil-Good
deusXango
lemonpen
Sparma
Go Stones!
merc
10 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty NBA Draft....

Post  Phil-Good Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:59 pm

"I’m sorry, we need to do better than building around players like PJ Washington, Miles Bridges and Devonte Graham. Charlotte is never going to contend for an NBA Championship with those guys."

I find this dumping on Charlotte's young players interesting.

But what's Detroit doing? The Pistons have the 6th highest salary in the NBA but they at the bottom of the league.

Nobody wants to play for the Pistons. The Pistons have no money, A broken down Super Star in Blake Griffin, No direction, no identity, no calling card. The ownership is totally absent.. the Pistons best, most healthy player is A unrestricted free agent who bragged about how much he is looking forward to being A free agent, this past summer.

" Low Bar" Detroit Pistons are the low bar of the NBA right now. And It kills me to say that because I love the Pistons ever since I was A young kid. But right now the Pistons are TRASH!!

But we dumping on Charlotte because they have A future, they not capped out, the have leadership, they have A nice young core who can grow together, they have A plan? Come on. Pistons fan have no right to talk about nobody. Detroit Pistons are A NBA joke right now!

That's FACTS!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Low Bar

Post  Murph Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:15 am

I’m sorry, we need to do better than building around players like PJ Washington, Miles Bridges and Devonte Graham. Charlotte is never going to contend for an NBA Championship with those guys. One or two of those guys might be good roll players on a contending team.

If I were looking for exciting young teams to emulate, I’d look at Denver or Brooklyn.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Phil-Good Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:23 am

Murph wrote:Phil....with all due respect, what the hell are you talking about???  Charlotte is still a lottery team.  They probably won’t make the playoffs either, for the 6th year in a row, and even if they do they will get blown out in the first round.   They have very little talent on the roster, and they’ll probably be rebuilding for years, which is the risk when you blow up your team.

About the only team the can beat are the Pistons, which is actually a good thing.  

lol lol Charlott has very little talent.. lol They better then Detroit!

But this is the killer part.

ALL THEY BEST PLAYERS ARE STILL ON ROOKIE CONTRACTS tb tb Let me explain what that's call... WINNING!!!! FUTURE! CORE!! UP and COMING!!

If they make the playoffs? The PLAYOFFS? The PLAYOFFS? Who gives A F.U.C.K about making the playoffs? F.U.C.K making the playoffs. Give me P.J. Washington, Devonte Gram, and Miles Bridges on rookie deals, in their 20's. One or two more good players added to that mix and they will be talking NBA Finals. Not Making the playoffs!!!

A long time ago, that's how Detroit Pistons fan use to think. Championship or BUST! Making the playoffs.... lol lol

Hate all day on Charlotte, but their better off then Detroit is right now... Playoffs.. lol lol
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Dinwiddie scores 32 and his team wins again - Lack of discipline shows on both Lions and U of M football

Post  cool breeze Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:49 pm

Yes Stan Van Gundy you are an idiot when it comes to both politics and basketball. SVG ruined the Detroit Pistons. He even brought back his point guard from Orlando at the end to make it clear that he wanted to make things a little worse before he walked away with a pile of money.

Don't forget the ownership group who ignored the advice of their basketball experts and made that trade with the Clippers. Blake Griffin was for sure going to combine with AD and win a championship. Who needs Tobias Harris or Bradley etc or our 1st round pick. We had Jon Leuer and Galloway to fill any potential holes. Why not hire a coach with one foot out the door to replace SVG who had both feet out the door before he was hired. And to top everything off, why not use your valuable first round pick this year on a guy who should have been taken in the 2nd round as a high risk project type player? After all this roster was full of top tier talent anyway.

Fans were still positive over the summer thinking that the Piston ownership group, front office and coaches knew something they didn't know. Everything will be swell if we can just sign Andre Drummond to a max contract. I know that will be hard but if that can happen the Pistons will for sure compete for the championship for 5 years in a row. I can see it now when the Pistons top executives get together. Maybe they are talking about how stupid Golden State is now with their approach to things when it is clear that they are not a top tier team this season. Has Golden State been in the tanking mold? By golly our Piston leaders will never tank. Piston core values are - NEVER TANK. Fans will accept below average.

And then there is the Spencer Dinwiddie factor. Spencer was pissed with the way he was treaded by the top brass when he sat the bench for the Pistons who had just way too many top point guards they couldn't find time for Spencer. Plus Spencer didn't push the ball fast enough for the amazing teammates he played with at the time. They were so fast just think about the blazing speed AD would show in transition from offense to defense or defense to offense. But the Pistons have to push the ball and not bother to run any form of logical offense. Ish Smith and Reggie Jackson were the key players to make it all work. My best guess is that every player on the Piston roster except for AD wanted to be traded yesterday when Spencer was a Piston and everyday since he was released. The chemistry, coaching, and front office leadership has killed my buzz for the Pistons and it happened slowly over the past 12 years. Attending a large Thanksgiving get together with a lot of Michigan relatives on Thursday, I could not find one person who even follows the Pistons let alone watch any of the games even though they can see Piston games for free.

Watching the opening moments of the Lions - Bears game I witnessed dumb and dumber where a Lion player hit a Bears player who was at least 5 yards out of bounds. My high school coach would have immediately benched any of my teammates if we had done such a thing in a real game and then punished that player for an entire week. But sure enough with the Lions there is no accountability and the very same player who remained in the game gave up the sideline when his role on kickoffs was to go straight down the sideline and force the opposing return man inside. We watched in disbelief. Now that is some special coaching. Are the Lions short on players? The Bears returner ran to the 50 yard line as this Lion player cut in towards the center of the field and there was nobody protecting the sideline. This guy gets paid to play football. Who does that and how do players who make such blunders get away with it? How many times this season have we watched the same lineman draw multiple penalties because he can't remember the count? How can fans bond with a team like the Lions? Who on the roster will take on a leadership role? My Dad told me of the stories about what used to happen in Lion locker room when the Fearsome Foursome studs played with middle linebacker Joe S.. They wanted to beat Milt Plumb to a pulp when he threw an interception that allowed Green Bay to beat the Lions out of the championship. Great job by the new quarterback though. The Lions are another team that just cannot put it all together with the right combination of players.

Michigan played against a superior team again when Ohio State kicked their ass today. How sad it was in the 4th quarter when the team seemed to give up. Receivers looked scared all day dropping pass after pass. The defensive coordinator for Michigan seemed to have no clue and created defensive formations that left me scratching my head where at times there were no linebackers and huge openings available in the center of the line. On Michigan defensive back hit an Ohio State ball carrier out of bounds and drew a penalty at a big moment of the game and then got beat in the end zone where his man caught a touchdown pass. Why was he in the game after causing that penalty? Where is the accountability? The offensive coordinator for Michigan was out coached all day long as well.
Will Big Jim slide out the back door and leave Michigan after this season? I had such high expectations for Michigan when he arrived. Ohio State keeps getting the exceptional winning type players and great coaching. Damn it all!

On the positive side U of M has it going in basketball. Great job!!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Huh?

Post  Murph Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:35 am

Phil....with all due respect, what the hell are you talking about??? Charlotte is still a lottery team. They probably won’t make the playoffs either, for the 6th year in a row, and even if they do they will get blown out in the first round. They have very little talent on the roster, and they’ll probably be rebuilding for years, which is the risk when you blow up your team.

About the only team the can beat are the Pistons, which is actually a good thing.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Great Loss! Keep EM... COMING BABY! I'm looking for A REBUILD!

Post  Phil-Good Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:17 am

Tonight I want to give credit to Charlotte. They have been bad. Really bad for A long time but they stuck to it. They did not go out and trade for A damaged goods player like Blake. They stuck to it. They keep drafting and drafting and f.u.c.k.i.n.g up the draft but keep sticking with it.

And now look what they have. Gram, P.J. Washington, and Miles Bridges. Charlotte is yet, another team who has passed the Pistons.

I can't believe they let Kimba walk for zero but in the end, letting him walk was the best decision. The Hornets had enough money left over to go out and sign A solid ball player in Rozier. The Hornets are officially one special player away from being A really good team in the NBA for the next 10 years.

clap clap clap

And all this happen after losing Walker over one summer!!! WOW!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Charlotte III

Post  Sparma Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:24 pm

Wow.

Time to take an unflinching look in the mirror. Audrey Hepburn encouraged us to look in the mirror and change what needed changing. Easier said than done.

Gores is the one, above all, who needs to take a hard look at himself.

Phil-Good wrote:Me personally, the Pistons have reached their ceiling, and even if everybody is healthy, that's A 8th seed in A really bad Eastern conference. This is unacceptable! This is A D student, skating by. For me, it's time to stop being afraid and approach the rebuild with optimism, hard work and dedication to turning this Organization around the right way. Through smart trades and excellent drafting.

The Pistons have Woods, the three kids in the G-League, Kennard, Svi, Brown, and A bright future if they draft the right kids.

With Blake, Drummonds, Jackson, Galloway, Tony S, and Thon Maker and Tim Frazer.  

The Pistons have legitimate expiring contracts and trading chips that teams will be willing to give up assets to acquire.

If I'm Drummonds camp, I'm out of Detroit on the first thing smoking!!  No way I stick around A organization that keeps losing year in and year out. And my next best player, is DAMAGED GOODS!

No way in F.U.C.K I let Drummonds walk and get ZERO in return.

In my opinion, the next steps are CRYSTAL CLEAR!!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Great Loss! Keep EM... COMING BABY! I'm looking for A REBUILD!

Post  Phil-Good Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:06 pm

Me personally, the Pistons have reached their ceiling, and even if everybody is healthy, that's A 8th seed in A really bad Eastern conference. This is unacceptable! This is A D student, skating by. For me, it's time to stop being afraid and approach the rebuild with optimism, hard work and dedication to turning this Organization around the right way. Through smart trades and excellent drafting.

The Pistons have Woods, the three kids in the G-League, Kennard, Svi, Brown, and A bright future if they draft the right kids.

With Blake, Drummonds, Jackson, Galloway, Tony S, and Thon Maker and Tim Frazer.

The Pistons have legitimate expiring contracts and trading chips that teams will be willing to give up assets to acquire.

If I'm Drummonds camp, I'm out of Detroit on the first thing smoking!! No way I stick around A organization that keeps losing year in and year out. And my next best player, is DAMAGED GOODS!

No way in F.U.C.K I let Drummonds walk and get ZERO in return.

In my opinion, the next steps are CRYSTAL CLEAR!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Griffin/ Murph

Post  Sparma Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:05 am

Go for it, even though I'd hope there'd be a better trade than a good player on an expiring contract available.  I'd think Griffin could at least earn us a 1st in return.

Still, if it turned out that were the best trade available, I'd do it.  It's time to turn to the future in a big way.  I've been torn on whether or not a super expensive Drummond should be part of that move.

From the get go, Gores has preached the message that we can win now and build for the future.  Again and again, I've hoped that that could happen (even though I'm convinced tanking when SVG came in would have been ideal).  The season's not over.  We can certainly still do battle for the 8th spot.  Forget about it.  Turn to the future.  Sadly, that means trading Griffin, who's earned a spot among the pantheon of paradigmatic Pistons.

Looking up possible trades, I ran into this nugget concerning the 26 y.o. Clipper (Forbes, 2016): "Which makes the potential deal with the Nuggets that Broussard discussed all the more interesting. In that deal, Los Angeles would send Griffin and Lance Stephenson to Denver in exchange for guard Will Barton, forwards Danilo Gallinari and Kenneth Faried and rookie center Nikola Jokic."

Jokic!! What might have been. We're not going to get a Jokic in return, but maybe we're better off aiming for young players in return than overvalued picks. Of course, in their actual Blake trade with us, the Clips got both, but that level of return would be a fantasy at this point.

Murph wrote:Would anyone trade Blake Griffin to Denver for Paul Millsap straight up?  Millsap is on an expiring contract.  

I’d do that trade in a heartbeat.  Maybe we could even talk Denver into tossing in their very late 1st round pick.  

That trade would reduce our payroll by the end of the season, give us  tons of financial flexibility, instantly make us younger, clear out the paint to allow Drummond to operate, and open up a spot in the starting line-up for Christian Wood.  

That’s a win-win-win-win-win...
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Trade Proposal

Post  Murph Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:33 am

Would anyone trade Blake Griffin to Denver for Paul Millsap straight up? Millsap is on an expiring contract.

I’d do that trade in a heartbeat. Maybe we could even talk Denver into tossing in their very late 1st round pick.

That trade would reduce our payroll by the end of the season, give us tons of financial flexibility, instantly make us younger, clear out the paint to allow Drummond to operate, and open up a spot in the starting line-up for Christian Wood.

That’s a win-win-win-win-win...

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Horrible loss

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:59 pm

No excuse for that loss, but there is a reason... these guys are NOT a team yet!

I haven't seen a starting lineup that makes sense yet, and it's getting to the point that Casey will have to settle on a starting lineup with the guys he has and stop waiting for Reggie to come back. When he does come back, he should come off the bench for good unless he earns the starting position.

What I continue to see is a group of guys that don't know each other yet which leads to bad things happening.
1. ISO plays happening way more than they should
2. Guys trying to do too much, not to be the hero, but feeling the need to pick up the slack
3. Lack of Chemistry leads to a plethora of issues like not knowing when to be selfish(Rose). He had the right idea, get it to the better shooter, but...

Drummonds dribbling is decent most times, but I can't defend that crap he pulled, I have no idea what he was thinking, but there are a million plays like that in a game, it shouldn't cost you everything.

I don't mind losing(as others have pointed out) if,
1. Svi keeps getting minutes
2. Sekou gets minutes
3. Continued development of Brown & Kennard

Even though Gallows has played well, he's toxic in the starting lineup. He makes us too small which reminds me of last year, and everything we get from him starting, we should get that and more if he comes off the bench. The win for us is him coming off the bench, IMO.

@Lemonpen: I hear you Bro, it must be the LA stuff getting to me  lol

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Charlotte

Post  Sparma Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:48 am

Our next three opponents are something like 18-38. After that, the schedule -- which has been plenty tough for us even though appearing to be easy -- toughens up.

Watching highlights, when Dre turns the ball over, the Charlotte announcer yells: "What was he thinking!" Ballgame. Of course, when you lose by one, there are multiple candidates. Rose's atrocious running of the final play would be another. I'll stick with Dre's dribbling though. Is it possible he'll learn from the mistake? (In fairness, he's been remarkable in slowly but steadily improving over his career.)

Good year to get the high pick. Sadly, they don't have a second round pick. That's now Sac's pick. In 2015, the Pistons traded this second for Marcus Morris and Reggie Bullock. Excellent trade, so I shouldn't complain. They've passed out other second rounders like Halloween candy, mainly in the SVG regime but also last year. This year (again) there are lots of bad teams; as bad as we've been, we're tied for #8. Still, I'm guessing the #2 team, Atlanta, will finish with a better record than us, so there's room for hope within the despair concerning this franchise.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Murph wrote:Good loss last night.  We almost pulled that one out.  I’m hoping that as the schedule gets tougherin the 2nd half that we will fall in the standings and rise on the draft boards.

The good news is that this years draft is super deep in PGs.  So even if we end up with the 8th-10th pick, we have a good change of taking an excellent PG.  

In the meantime, Casey is developing the youth nicely.  He still needs to give Sekou more minutes, and he needs to get Galloway out of the freaking starting lineup.   I mean starting Galloway makes no sense on any level.  He doesn’t help us win now, and he doesn’t represent developing youth.  I guess the one thing starting Galloway accomplishes is that he helps us to lose.  Still, I would prefer that Svi or Sekou  get the starting nod.  
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Good Loss

Post  Murph Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:49 am

Good loss last night. We almost pulled that one out. I’m hoping that as the schedule gets tougherin the 2nd half that we will fall in the standings and rise on the draft boards.

The good news is that this years draft is super deep in PGs. So even if we end up with the 8th-10th pick, we have a good change of taking an excellent PG.

In the meantime, Casey is developing the youth nicely. He still needs to give Sekou more minutes, and he needs to get Galloway out of the freaking starting lineup. I mean starting Galloway makes no sense on any level. He doesn’t help us win now, and he doesn’t represent developing youth. I guess the one thing starting Galloway accomplishes is that he helps us to lose. Still, I would prefer that Svi or Sekou get the starting nod.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty DreDribble

Post  BallinD Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:29 pm

Woof. Holy Crap the bed 🛌 PenguinMan 🐧you waved off Blake and Rose and looked like a big confused penguin when you got stripped. They went down and dropped a trey, then we lost.

1. Dre_bad, but Casey_wtf. Why do you encourage this nonsense from bad_wannabeapointguard_Dre? You called it “sashays” then, now you say “ask Andre?”
2. Rose. Love him still, but all the warts are on display as well.

End of game...we need more than just iso actions Casey. Keep Coaching.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:43 pm

Murph wrote:So the Nets were 4-7 with Kyrie Irving starting at PG.  However, since Irving got hurt and Dinwiddie stepped in as the starting PG, the Nets are 5-1.  

From this, it’s clear that Irving is a cancer. And  that Dinwiddie is that big, quick, high IQ PG that we’ve been searching for for for the last 11 years, since Joe inexplicably traded Billups.  I mean we had the guy.  Van Gundy didn’t even trade him.  He CUT Dinwiddie.  

My head hurts.  

DO NOT TRADE DRUMMOND FOR A BAG OF BASKETBALLS.  

Murph you had to bring up a painful subject for me just before Thanksgiving. I am referring to Spencer Dinwiddie of course. As Dr. Evil said many times, "Am I surrounded by idiots"? How can Stan Van Gundy get his current job on television? Who can respect his opinion on anything involving basketball? I didn't even like his constant political statements especially when his team was losing and he was giving away players like Spencer Dinwiddie. Why did he do it? I think the Pistons brain trust really wanted to play a crowd pleaser like Will Bynum or Ish Smith or Brandon Jennings at point guard. Reggie Jackson although taller, fit the mold of the type of point guards those who make Piston decision makers love. Get the dribble happy guy who plays with no plan. Take it too the rim against the giants and make sure you is not interested in playing defense and does not pass the basketball much. They would have liked Reggie even more if he had been 5 foot 10 inches tall. Appeal to fans who know next to nothing about what it takes to win or play as a team. Bring in the circus act before, during the game and at halftime. I think the Piston ownership group still might conjure up some grand spectacle at half time to compete with the super bowl. Who needs first round picks?

We had an outstanding player and got him in the 2nd round. Spencer was a high basketball IQ player at Colorado and well as super athletic before his ACL injury. If only we had someone running the ship with half a brain, Dinwiddie would be our starting point guard and the Pistons would be exceptionally fun to watch and winning more basketball games. Spencer didn't push the ball the way SVG wanted it pushed. It might be doubtful that Casey would play a guy like Spencer either. SD actually got his teammates into proper spacing, ran plays and avoided turnovers while sharing the ball to create good team chemistry. That type of play has been forbidden for the past 12 years for Piston point guards.

Damn it Murph why did you remind us of the Spencer Dinwiddie story? I loved the way he performed as a Piston and the fools in charge gave him away. Who can have any faith or trust in this Piston organization? The coach is now playing some of the players who have been sitting the bench a lot. He is throwing us a bone but don't get used to it.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Stuff

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:04 pm

Wood, Svi, Luke, Brown:
All are seeing ++ playing time. Makes me happy. If we are to become semi legit this year it will be because of their contributions.

Langston:
Don't look now but this guy has stepped up his game. Shooting stats have taken quite a jump. Another month of this and I won't be surprised to hear rumblings about re-upping him.

Dre:
I think the old Dre has reappeared. Too many "trying to do stuff he can't" plays that result in TOs. Can't stay on the floor because of foul trouble. Boneheaded fouls. Ebbing effort.

Rose:
Is it my imagination or does he sometimes channel his inner Ish Smith with too many consecutive end to end rushes without a pass.

@Oracle
Man, I can't have those images popping up on my monitor out of the blue like that. tb tb tb

LCA:
Believe it or not this years crowds are noticeably larger.

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Didn’t Dinwiddie Use to Be a Piston?????

Post  Murph Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:10 am

So the Nets were 4-7 with Kyrie Irving starting at PG. However, since Irving got hurt and Dinwiddie stepped in as the starting PG, the Nets are 5-1.

From this, it’s clear that Irving is a cancer. And that Dinwiddie is that big, quick, high IQ PG that we’ve been searching for for for the last 11 years, since Joe inexplicably traded Billups. I mean we had the guy. Van Gundy didn’t even trade him. He CUT Dinwiddie.

My head hurts.

DO NOT TRADE DRUMMOND FOR A BAG OF BASKETBALLS.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Phillip, I'm not there yet, but I'm getting close...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:06 am

Phillip wrote:Stan Van Gundy and Tom Gores have F.U.C.K.E.D the Pistons right in the azz! FORUM - Page 19 2667942353 FORUM - Page 19 2667942353
Only way to fix this MASSACAR is to start A mini rebuild right now. F.U.C.K making the playoffs... F.U.C.K the 7th or 8th seed in the East. It's A PURE JOKE!
Split up this team now. It's A pure joke...

Having said that, I do have some prescriptions for the pain SVG has inflicted. Taking it up the arse is painful and can lead to the dreaded hemorrhoid condition.
FORUM - Page 19 Hem110
Yes, that's terrible, but in a recent article, there is hope!!! We will get better!

Sunbathe Your Asshole, for Wellness
FORUM - Page 19 E1lain1cfvydyzmttrav
" />
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty trade talk

Post  Phil-Good Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:29 am

Top landing sport for Drummonds.

Atlanta: De'Andre, A protected first and A throw in scrub.

Portland: Simmons, Whiteside and A unprotected first and A second round.

Charlotte: A first and take your pick Jordan. P.J. Bridges or Graham. Run that!

Boston: Edwards, First round pick, second round pick, Hayward and Romeo Langford

Toronto: OG Anunoby, two first round picks, and one of Toronto's prospects.

Listen to this stat.

Detroit has the 6th highest payroll in the NBA. Here are A few teams salary that's below Detroit.

Boston, LA Clippers, Denver, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, LA Lakers, Utah, Dallas, Phoenix, Toronto, Brooklyn.

Stan Van Gundy and Tom Gores have F.U.C.K.E.D the Pistons right in the azz! facepalm facepalm
Only way to fix this MASSACAR is to start A mini rebuild right now. F.U.C.K making the playoffs... F.U.C.K the 7th or 8th seed in the East. It's A PURE JOKE!
Split up this team now. It's A pure joke...

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Don

Post  Sparma Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:56 pm

Thanks for that analysis, Don.

According to Tankathon, we now sit tied for 10th in draft position.  They have us picking a SG (?!) at #11, Josh Green from Arizona.

Right now, Tankathon lists 6 PGs (two of whom are PGs/ SGs) in the top twelve. They are Anthony (#3), SG/PG Hampton (#4), Ball (#6), Maledon (#Cool, Mannion (#10), and (PG/SG) Maxey (#12). Unknowns to me except by reputation, but I'd hope one might emerge as a strong candidate for the Pistons at the time of the draft.

It's not that I'm longing for Jackson's return, but more that I think he'll give the team a bump if he's healthy.

I'm happy to root for a strong finish if they somehow could still get into the high 40s. What I really don't want to see is them backing into the 8th spot at 39-43. Not so unlikely. I'd rather have them bottom out this season than that.

And I think, if Blake's move into health continues, and if Reggie returns similar to last year, we're going to trend upwards, maybe even hitting the .500 mark again.

Even something like 38-44 might be good enough to stay out of the lottery, sadly.  It looks like the 8th playoff team in the East will sneak in with an ugly record.  I'm hoping that's not us, unless the youngsters, maybe led by AD, lead the charge.

Murph wrote:I see the Pistons are climbing their way back into the playoff picture.  I see that the bottom of the East is so bad this year that the Pistons are only .5 games out of the playoffs with a 6-11 record.  

Two observations:   1). Lemon pen was right. 2) There goes our lottery pick.  
[/quote]

Green has a good NBA type body and has exceptional quickness. He is a very good defender as well and can score inside and outside pretty well. He is a freshman but has a high basketball IQ relating to the college level. He is playing with Nico Mannion who is an exceptionally smart play maker. Nico sees the floor really well and makes everyone look good. Nico and Green really like each other and play off each other. Looking at the Pistons point guards, I would not wish that situation for Josh Green. Send me to Siberia would be what I would be thinking if I were drafted by the Pistons now. The Pistons do not play like a real team. They play like a pick up team full of selfish players. That is what I have seen in the limited games witnessed so far. Green will need a pass first type point guard who can break down a defense. Nico is great at doing that so Green should have a really good year at Arizona and might go higher in the draft and out of reach of the Pistons. The Pistons need is at point guard and small forward along with a big man shot blocker who is quick and provides the fear factor. They need better players at every position so where ever the Pistons might pick it should be for the best all around basketball player regardless of position. [/quote]
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Sparma wrote:According to Tankathon, we now sit tied for 10th in draft position.  They have us picking a SG (?!) at #11, Josh Green from Arizona.

And I think, if Blake's move into health continues, and if Reggie returns similar to last year, we're going to trend upwards, maybe even hitting the .500 mark again.

Even something like 38-44 might be good enough to stay out of the lottery, sadly.  It looks like the 8th playoff team in the East will sneak in with an ugly record.  I'm hoping that's not us, unless the youngsters, maybe led by AD, lead the charge.

Murph wrote:I see the Pistons are climbing their way back into the playoff picture.  I see that the bottom of the East is so bad this year that the Pistons are only .5 games out of the playoffs with a 6-11 record.  

Green has a good NBA type body and has exceptional quickness. He is a very good defender as well and can score inside and outside pretty well. He is a freshman but has a high basketball IQ relating to the college level. He is playing with Nico Mannion who is an exceptionally smart play maker. Nico sees the floor really well and makes everyone look good. Nico and Green really like each other and play off each other. Looking at the Pistons point guards, I would not wish that situation for Josh Green. Send me to Siberia would be what I would be thinking if I were drafted by the Pistons now. The Pistons do not play like a real team. They play like a pick up team full of selfish players. That is what I have seen in the limited games witnessed so far. Green will need a pass first type point guard who can break down a defense. Nico is great at doing that so Green should have a really good year at Arizona and might go higher in the draft and out of reach of the Pistons. The Pistons need is at point guard and small forward along with a big man shot blocker who is quick and provides the fear factor. They need better players at every position so where ever the Pistons might pick it should be for the best all around basketball player regardless of position.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Hoping for more news about some potential trade involving the Pistons but

Post  cool breeze Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:38 pm

That is it BUT most of us know that is is mostly fantasy that the Piston's front office and the owner can agree with much of anything. I can't imagine that any NBA front office would not be trying like hell to find a trade to somehow get people interested in the Pistons knowing the winter is going to snuff out most fans interest in driving in the snow to watch this current team play basketball. Remember when the Palace was full even in a snow storm? There is good really why people will stay home this year. Fans can be fooled for only so many years.

I have not looked at the posts for awhile but see that there was some talk awhile back by posters speculating what might happen and who should be traded first. In Arizona there was talk that the Suns were interested in Andre Drummond. They hold a top pick again but that has all died down and it appears there is no longer any interested in securing the services of AD or BG. In fact anyone would have to be an idiot to take on BG's contract. AD is only under contract with the Pistons for the rest of this season so it appears that the Pistons have lost any leverage relating to possibly getting much of anything in return for AD before the trade deadline. So what does that mean? Yes you guessed it the Pistons under the clever leadership of this ownership group must be negotiating with AD's agent on a daily basis. Once that deal is announced, the Pistons can kiss any chance of success in the next 5 years as they pay 70% to 80% of their payroll to two front court players neither of whom are Anthony Davis or comparable. The Pistons are in no mans land with no plan. Nothing makes any sense. That is why posters are grasping at straws hoping that Reggie Jackson of all players will kick start this team into the playoffs again. What if they make it? Then what? That gets the team a high risk draft pick perhaps. Once Reggie Jackson returns he might provide more scoring but his defense will negate any amount of scoring he might provide.

Never worry " (When healthy) Pistons will have a top bench in the future as predicted by Dwane Casey. That is reassuring. When healthy maybe the starters will have one of the worst starting lineups in the entire NBA. Did Casey think of that possibility?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Mediocre for the rest of my life?

Post  Sparma Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:54 am

According to Tankathon, we now sit tied for 10th in draft position. They have us picking a SG (?!) at #11, Josh Green from Arizona.

Even something like 38-44 might be good enough to stay out of the lottery, sadly. It looks like the 8th playoff team in the East will sneak in with an ugly record. I'm hoping that's not us, unless the youngsters, maybe led by AD, lead the charge.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty More Mediocrity

Post  Murph Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:50 am

I see the Pistons are climbing their way back into the playoff picture. I see that the bottom of the East is so bad this year that the Pistons are only .5 games out of the playoffs with a 6-11 record.

Two observations: 1). Lemon pen was right. 2) There goes our lottery pick.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 19 Empty Limiting Factor

Post  BallinD Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:48 pm

D Dwayne
C
I
A
F
I

BallinD
BallinD