Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+6
cool breeze
Sparma
Oracle
WTF
BallinD
deusXango
10 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Fans

Post  Murph Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:09 am

I don't care what color the fans are or what county they come from.  If they don't start showing up, Gores is going to move this team to Vegas.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Murph Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:55 am

Murph wrote:Big game tonight against the Wizards in Washington.  This is just the kind of game the Pistons need to win to maintain their momentum this season.  Washington is a good, rising young team, the Pistons will most likely be fighting teams like the Wiz and the Raptors for the 3rd playoff seed in the East.  The Pistons need to maintain their focus tonight.

And just like that...the Pistons lose their focus, lose the game against a Wall-less Wizards team, and fall back to a 2 way tie with the Raptors for the 3rd seed in the East.  facepalm

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty In A Blink Of An Eye

Post  WTF Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:32 am

Pistons are now in 2nd Place and by month's end things could look really different in the standings. They better get their heads right to come away with a winning month.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty LMAO

Post  WTF Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:47 pm

I see both the ugly and good in this world and I acknowledge both equally so when I see good I applaud it but when I see ugly like racism I call it for what it is period.

"However" Don there does seem to be hints of racist tone in some of your comments, Also being of mix race doesn't offer automated exclusion but if I was wrong about your comment then I apologize. Maybe you should have be clearer on why Oakland Fans aren't coming

@Lemon my response is simply to the implied notion of Don's that Oakland Fans have a problem with coming to the city.  I was a resident of both Wayne and Oakland County's the entirety of my life before moving to AZ this year.  Detroit Fans had no problem driving to the Palace  so it really shouldn't be an issue with Oakland County Fans coming to the D.  

Truthfully if they can't come then they were never fans to begin with so they should keep their sorry asses in Oakland,   I periodically had season tickets all the way back to the days at the Silverdome when we could easily put 40 to 60 thousands in seats every game.   Most of those fans back then were coming from the D in Game Day Shuttle Buses provided by local businesses.  

I not sure were all the Lions Fans commute from but I'm sure not all from Oakland County, the Tigers and Wings fan base is are mostly Wayne and St' Clair County folks not saying that don't get a share of Oakland County Fans I'm sure they do.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:56 pm

cool breeze wrote:
WTF wrote:First I'm a Pistons Fan so I'll call BS that moving the Pistons from the Palace to Downtown has anything to do with bad attendance.  The Palace was just as empty and been that way since the end of the 2009 season and steadily declining.  

Some **** gets said quite a bit that carries a lot of subtle racial over-tones on this forum facepalm.  Any way fans track from Oakland County for every Lions Home game,   Fans skip work to attend afternoon Tigers games and the Joe was almost sold-out consistently since forever. 

Hey lemon Tigers, Lions, and Wings fans show up even when they aren't winning, but really lets be honest even with 3 Titles they are still the least Favorite of our 4 professional teams so when they're not winning Fans are likely not to come.  Very Happy

Also the are no Die Hard Fans at Pistons games the Pistons give away so many when they were at the Palace and it still was half empty.  The bulk of those fans couldn't tell the difference from play to play and SVG only ran 2 all last season.  Don I hope all those Palace Fans keep their fake asses in Oakland county.

You must see racism in almost everything in the world and especially my comments because I once wrote that it wasn't cool that Black Lives Matter chant " What do we need". You know the answer to that. Being that there are a lot of brave black cops and in fact some Navy Seals and Rangers, my position on that will never change.

My only reason for posting my comments was to inspire those former Palace Piston fans to attend Piston games. And I still do not approve of billionaire owners suckering poor citizens into paying for football stadiums and hockey and basketball arenas. Be that as it may, if I lived in the Detroit area i would buy season tickets. That is what I did when I lived there so nothing would change regardless of where the Pistons happen to play unless I heard a Black Lives Matter chant. We need inclusion not exclusion. The Pistons need more fans including the alleged fat people who formerly attended Piston games at the Palace.

My immediate worry about the fact that even though the owner is passing out a lot of free tickets, the players are still playing in a half empty arena. I want Avery Bradley to sign a new contract with the Pistons and perhaps other really good players in the future. No player will sign a new contract if they know that they will play in a dead arena. Hopefully a lot of you are right in saying that there are a lot of fair weather people in the Detroit area who will jump on the band wagon when they get a team that wins a lot of games. This team is still growing. There are a lot of young promising players wearing the Piston uniform. They will be up and down. There will be peaks and valleys. We need more fans who will stand by the players during the bad times. There are not enough of them it seems although the Lions have been horrible to mediocre since the 1950s. As Lemonpen once said, we need some of those Lion and Tiger fans to come on down to see the new arena. Many of them are obese but somehow make it to those sporting events. That is my opinion but it might not be correct or objective because my opinion must be racist even though I was born as a mixed race person. Were all of those former Palace attendees hateful obese white folks? I used to see a lot of black faces including some of my former players who I took to the games.
I have never understood that thought process. Please explain.

I have an idea. How about I pay to attend when they are winning, and they pay me to attend when losing. clap clap
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Yes and No

Post  lemonpen Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:44 pm

WTF wrote:First I'm a Pistons Fan so I'll call BS that moving the Pistons from the Palace to Downtown has anything to do with bad attendance.  The Palace was just as empty and been that way since the end of the 2009 season and steadily declining.  

Some **** gets said quite a bit that carries a lot of subtle racial over-tones on this forum facepalm.  Any way fans track from Oakland County for every Lions Home game,   Fans skip work to attend afternoon Tigers games and the Joe was almost sold-out consistently since forever. 

Hey lemon Tigers, Lions, and Wings fans show up even when they aren't winning, but really lets be honest even with 3 Titles they are still the least Favorite of our 4 professional teams so when they're not winning Fans are likely not to come.  Very Happy   Mostly Agree. The Tigers are beginning to prove otherwise

Also the are no Die Hard Fans at Pistons games the Pistons give away so many when they were at the Palace and it still was half empty.  The bulk of those fans couldn't tell the difference from play to play and SVG only ran 2 all last season.  Don I hope all those Palace Fans keep their fake asses in Oakland county.

That was probably expressed out of frustration, BUT, either way it's cutting your nose off despite your face.  Oakland County is one of the wealthiest in the nation.  Without the interest of its citizens we probably don't have 4 major sports franchises in the D.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Tonight

Post  Murph Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:31 am

Big game tonight against the Wizards in Washington.  This is just the kind of game the Pistons need to win to maintain their momentum this season.  Washington is a good, rising young team, the Pistons will most likely be fighting teams like the Wiz and the Raptors for the 3rd playoff seed in the East.  The Pistons need to maintain their focus tonight.

I see a question from the Detroit Pistons mailbag:  Who was better AB or Rip?  Let's not get carried away.  Rip Hamilton single handedly carried UConn to an NCAA National Championship, and was a huge contributor on an NBA Championship team.  And he was a 3 time All Star.

And before John Keuster prematurely ruined Hamilton's career, by inexplicably benching him for 30 games during the 09-10 season and driving him to the brink of insanity...and before Joe Dumars inexplicably traded his back-court mate, C-Bill, thereby ruining the Pistons team chemistry for years...Hamilton had a decent shot at the HOF himself.

AB is a good, solid contributor to the Pistons starting line-up.  Hamilton was an NCAA Champion, an NBA Champion, an NBA All Star and an almost HOFer.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:40 am

Hey lemon Tigers, Lions, and Wings fans show up even when they aren't winning, but really lets be honest even with 3 Titles they are still the least Favorite of our 4 professional teams so when they're not winning Fans are likely not to come.  Very Happy

You must see racism in almost everything in the world and especially my comments because I once wrote that it wasn't cool that Black Lives Matter chant " What do we need". You know the answer to that. Being that there are a lot of brave black cops and in fact some Navy Seals and Rangers, my position on that will never change.

My only reason for posting my comments was to inspire those former Palace Piston fans to attend Piston games. And I still do not approve of billionaire owners suckering poor citizens into paying for football stadiums and hockey and basketball arenas. Be that as it may, if I lived in the Detroit area i would buy season tickets. That is what I did when I lived there so nothing would change regardless of where the Pistons happen to play unless I heard a Black Lives Matter chant. We need inclusion not exclusion. The Pistons need more fans including the alleged fat people who formerly attended Piston games at the Palace.

My immediate worry about the fact that even though the owner is passing out a lot of free tickets, the players are still playing in a half empty arena. I want Avery Bradley to sign a new contract with the Pistons and perhaps other really good players in the future. No player will sign a new contract if they know that they will play in a dead arena. Hopefully a lot of you are right in saying that there are a lot of fair weather people in the Detroit area who will jump on the band wagon when they get a team that wins a lot of games. This team is still growing. There are a lot of young promising players wearing the Piston uniform. They will be up and down. There will be peaks and valleys. We need more fans who will stand by the players during the bad times. There are not enough of them it seems although the Lions have been horrible to mediocre since the 1950s. As Lemonpen once said, we need some of those Lion and Tiger fans to come on down to see the new arena. Many of them are obese but somehow make it to those sporting events. That is my opinion but it might not be correct or objective because my opinion must be racist even though I was born as a mixed race person. Were all of those former Palace attendees hateful obese white folks? I used to see a lot of black faces including some of my former players who I took to the games.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Well well well

Post  BallinD Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 am

Detroit vs Everybody.  FORUM - Page 16 Hqdefa10

It is unfortunate that with all the doings downtown, the rampant development, the high high rents of all the Generation X and Millenials gobbling up the apts and condos, that these good people haven't found their way to LCA for Pistons games. Hopefully, that will change.   Basketball Detroit vs Everybody was not meant to include Oakland County.  They should be on our team (Pistons Fans) or said better by WTF...all those Palace Fans keep their fake asses in Oakland county. facepalm
lol!

Don I hope all those Palace Fans keep their fake asses in Oakland county.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Never Cease To Amaze

Post  WTF Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 pm

First I'm a Pistons Fan so I'll call BS that moving the Pistons from the Palace to Downtown has anything to do with bad attendance.  The Palace was just as empty and been that way since the end of the 2009 season and steadily declining.  

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:44 pm

lemonpen wrote:
cool breeze wrote:Had to watch via Fox Sports Arizona late last night. Tom Chambers and his sidekick both commented on perhaps the biggest problem relating to the Pistons which is lack of a fan base. The Suns announcers said "Where are the fans"? "Why so many empty seats?" A friend of my who has had season tickets for over 25 years said that he thought moving the team to Detroit was a huge mistake because the fans who used to fill the Palace did not live in the City of Detroit. The Pistons have not inspired many people in the recent past but this season is different. My brother in law called last night who doesn't watch many games and said the defense played last night by our Pistons reminded him of the old Michael Jordan teams. I said this same team did the same thing in Boston two nights ago. They had a game plan to stop Irving and succeeded actually executing the plan perfectly. Then they come up with another specific plan to beat the Suns and execute with passion. Bradley playing on Booker with AD occasionally coming out to help was inspiring. Booker is a special player who still had a great game but in the first quarter this Piston team had the right stuff. And then Smith came in and played at warp speed. I thought his performance in the first half was incredible and maybe his best overall game as a Piston. Knowing that the Suns players had tired legs and taking up the pace of the game to that incredible level when Smith entered shows that this team was prepared and engaged. Tom Chambers said that he has never liked to watch the Pistons but now he has new respect and loved how the Pistons played with such wonderful team chemistry and effort.

There is no bigger turn off for basketball players at any level than playing in a half full arena. It hurts real bad if you are the home team. I remember playing a game at Wayne State in college and couldn't believe that anyone would actually agree to play for them considering that there was almost no seating for spectators and few of those seats they had were not occupied. It was like a scrimmage. This Piston teams needs support for those cold nights ahead where they are not playing teams like Golden State. They deserve support. What do you think forum fans who live in Michigan. Was it a mistake to move the team to downtown Detroit? Would the Palace have been full last night after that great victory over Boston two nights ago? They are not moving back so something has to change quickly to get fans in the seats.

Generally speaking, haven't the Lions, Tigers and Wings proved that those very same fans will come when the team wins?  There are some interesting factors combining to make downtown a far more entertaining destination.  And, the Stones are doing what they are supposed to to increase interest.

I know you are doing your part Lemonpen because you stated that you had been purchasing Piston tickets. Hope you attended this last game. Got to get people in the seats to get the arena rocking. Bradley received a thundering welcome on the Boston trip from his old fans there. Nothing like attending a game like last night. A lot of people like me missed out just watching them on television although I did go to a college game last night. If the Piston players keep bringing that type of defensive effort, I will need to hypnotize my wife so will quit her nursing job, sell the house, and transfer business back to the Detroit area so I can see some games. Life is complicated even after the kids grow up.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Huhhhh??

Post  lemonpen Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:53 pm

cool breeze wrote:Had to watch via Fox Sports Arizona late last night. Tom Chambers and his sidekick both commented on perhaps the biggest problem relating to the Pistons which is lack of a fan base. The Suns announcers said "Where are the fans"? "Why so many empty seats?" A friend of my who has had season tickets for over 25 years said that he thought moving the team to Detroit was a huge mistake because the fans who used to fill the Palace did not live in the City of Detroit. The Pistons have not inspired many people in the recent past but this season is different. My brother in law called last night who doesn't watch many games and said the defense played last night by our Pistons reminded him of the old Michael Jordan teams. I said this same team did the same thing in Boston two nights ago. They had a game plan to stop Irving and succeeded actually executing the plan perfectly. Then they come up with another specific plan to beat the Suns and execute with passion. Bradley playing on Booker with AD occasionally coming out to help was inspiring. Booker is a special player who still had a great game but in the first quarter this Piston team had the right stuff. And then Smith came in and played at warp speed. I thought his performance in the first half was incredible and maybe his best overall game as a Piston. Knowing that the Suns players had tired legs and taking up the pace of the game to that incredible level when Smith entered shows that this team was prepared and engaged. Tom Chambers said that he has never liked to watch the Pistons but now he has new respect and loved how the Pistons played with such wonderful team chemistry and effort.

There is no bigger turn off for basketball players at any level than playing in a half full arena. It hurts real bad if you are the home team. I remember playing a game at Wayne State in college and couldn't believe that anyone would actually agree to play for them considering that there was almost no seating for spectators and few of those seats they had were not occupied. It was like a scrimmage. This Piston teams needs support for those cold nights ahead where they are not playing teams like Golden State. They deserve support. What do you think forum fans who live in Michigan. Was it a mistake to move the team to downtown Detroit? Would the Palace have been full last night after that great victory over Boston two nights ago? They are not moving back so something has to change quickly to get fans in the seats.

Generally speaking, haven't the Lions, Tigers and Wings proved that those very same fans will come when the team wins? There are some interesting factors combining to make downtown a far more entertaining destination. And, the Stones are doing what they are supposed to to increase interest.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Tom Chambers comments in post game analysis

Post  cool breeze Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:05 am

Had to watch via Fox Sports Arizona late last night. Tom Chambers and his sidekick both commented on perhaps the biggest problem relating to the Pistons which is lack of a fan base. The Suns announcers said "Where are the fans"? "Why so many empty seats?" A friend of my who has had season tickets for over 25 years said that he thought moving the team to Detroit was a huge mistake because the fans who used to fill the Palace did not live in the City of Detroit. The Pistons have not inspired many people in the recent past but this season is different. My brother in law called last night who doesn't watch many games and said the defense played last night by our Pistons reminded him of the old Michael Jordan teams. I said this same team did the same thing in Boston two nights ago. They had a game plan to stop Irving and succeeded actually executing the plan perfectly. Then they come up with another specific plan to beat the Suns and execute with passion. Bradley playing on Booker with AD occasionally coming out to help was inspiring. Booker is a special player who still had a great game but in the first quarter this Piston team had the right stuff. And then Smith came in and played at warp speed. I thought his performance in the first half was incredible and maybe his best overall game as a Piston. Knowing that the Suns players had tired legs and taking up the pace of the game to that incredible level when Smith entered shows that this team was prepared and engaged. Tom Chambers said that he has never liked to watch the Pistons but now he has new respect and loved how the Pistons played with such wonderful team chemistry and effort.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty @Oracle

Post  WTF Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:43 am

Oracle wrote:@Lemon - I'm just glad they did what good teams do to bottom feeders... bent them over and took care of business  lol

@Wise - My post wasn't directed at you or those that legitimately had questions about any of these guys, that's fair game. Sparma convinced me to try and clean up my posts a bit, so I didn't mention anyone by name, but someone here really hated on certain players in a way that was offensive to me, and I love seeing them EAT CROW!

FORUM - Page 16 EatingCrow1

I know Oracle I was just having some fun with your post  Very Happy
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Not Feeling Froggy

Post  BallinD Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:59 pm

Great Win. We did what we had to do...what good teams do. Are we a good team? Yes!

IMO, lets see what we got b4 jumping to improve a team that appears to have room for internal growth in chemistry and scheme, and who seem to love playing with one another.

I would trade Leuer and Boban if the price is right, but I would take off the table a 1st rd pick or Ellensen, Kennard, maybe
SJ, maybe?

Moving up to the trade deadline, we can take our time and do it right. No need to rush or panic, since things are going well. Unless the trade is gonna land us a Paul George type player, or a young pg or SF stud, I would probably pass on a trade as we have trouble integrating all the talent we got.

I'm pissed SVG won't give Boban burn in games where we could have used his offense. I get the Ellensen hate, he played him early and apparently didnt like what he saw. Same with Boban, perhaps. It looks like it will be a 10-man rotation with the Rook on the inside looking out, while Ellensen is on the outside looking in.

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Good win

Post  Sparma Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:58 pm

Started watching in the third quarter. Fun game. Straight up block by Ish Smith. A post up by Boban as soon as he got in (& some troubles later).

Was forgetting that Wall's out for Washingtion. That becomes the next big game, as they need to scratch for what they can get the next 6, 7 games. By that time, they have to have played the toughest schedule in the NBA. Home free after that?

How are we looking at the 20 game mark, Wise? My 54 win prediction's not looking crazy at the moment, as they'd need to go 40-22 to get there, which is doable.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Stuff...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm

@Lemon - I'm just glad they did what good teams do to bottom feeders... bent them over and took care of business  lol

@Wise - My post wasn't directed at you or those that legitimately had questions about any of these guys, that's fair game. Sparma convinced me to try and clean up my posts a bit, so I didn't mention anyone by name, but someone here really hated on certain players in a way that was offensive to me, and I love seeing them EAT CROW!

FORUM - Page 16 EatingCrow1
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Worried

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:35 pm

The lead is huuuge. The Suns are playing sloppy and recklessly. Pull the starters B4 Suns carelessness costs us. Allow the bench to bring her home.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty LMAO

Post  WTF Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Oracle wrote:Both of these dudes are all but gone! Don thinks it's going to be hard to move them, but history proves that it's not hard if you seek the right situation instead of forcing deals.

Sorry Murph, you're making too much sense to be believed.

Remember these ditties?
1. Bradley should be the point guard In spots perhaps but only if we actually traded Reggie then my 1st choice would actually be Kennard.
2. Kennard should be the point guard.  I think he's smart enough and bright enough to make that transition at 6"5 he could be a Billups
3. Trade Drummond for a bag of chips. Okay maybe 2 bags of Chips and a Pepsi, I've been surprise after that Embiid ass whipping 
4. Reggie is total trash and never was or will be a star on this team. Really surprised with Reggie but still don't think he's next level PG
5. Drummond and Reggie's BBall IQ is lower than an ant's dick. Okay a roach's dick then I think both get by on physical talent and not brains  
6. Ish Smith is a cancer that needs to be removed.  Ish wasn't what I wanted but he's Chucky Atkins/Lindsey Hunter for the moment

Now they ignore FACTS, like the fact that this team 2 years ago played in the best conference, regularly won gamed down the stretch by being smart and playing defense when it counted, had one of the best starting 5's in the league and absolutely no bench... BUT now Avery Bradley is the reason they're playing better? Give me a break, he's a factor, but not the reason, and he certainly didn't give Harris his 3 point shot, or change Drummond's role and FT shooting, and he didn't walk on water and heal Reggie, or draft Kennard, or develop Ellenson, or get Galloway, all while bringing back Tolliver.

My point being that it's way too early to be thinking about resigning Bradley, but I'd sign him at 13M in a heartbeat, reluctantly at 15M, any higher and Luke Kennard is my starting SG next year.

IMO SVG should always be thinking of making a move regardless of the player so I hope he hasn't locked in to a player that he wouldn't consider trading them and that includes Dre, Reggie and my favorites Luke, Harris and Ellenson.  Though I think its too early to think about trading Luke and Ellenson but if a no brainer deal comes then take it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:24 pm

Sparma wrote:I guessing they'll win tonight, maybe after some initially struggles.  No disrespect intended concerning the subsequent 6 games though.  That's a heck of a rough stretch.  I'd sign up for 3-3 right now, and might even find 2-4 pretty decent.

lemonpen wrote:
Sparma wrote:If they somehow lose v the Suns tonight, like the bad ol' Pistons might well have, they'll be in a world of hurt in a hurry with an extremely hard stretch of six, maybe seven, games coming up.  Is it silly to think of this as an important game, when I keep hearing the NBA season doesn't really begin in earnest until Christmas?

Given what has been accomplished to this point, is it silly to think of any six or seven game stretch as extremely hard?  
How much longer before we can demonstrate winners confidence.  door door

I know what you mean.  I've been thinking trap game.  Gotta stay humble and hungry.

One good thing with this game against the Suns is that they played last night. The Pistons beat Boston because of their intense defensive pressure and their ability to defend ball screens. AD was especially quick with his feet and hands. Hopefully Piston players remember what they did against Boston and can get even better so wins can come easier. The players need an easy win and hopefully this will be one of them.

Watching the Boston game, I could not help but think about how success in basketball depends on the type of individuals that come together to form a team. It only takes one or two individuals to ruin something that could be great. It seems that this group of players are feeding off each other. They were truly having fun playing basketball in that game against Boston. And it was not just Bradley who made comments about how the team's success depends on playing the game the right way. AD also was saying things similar to what Bradley often talks about. Any of you remember any time in your life when you played on a winning team that had several individuals you just loved playing with? Coaching and or playing on a team with people you really enjoy being with from day to day in practice, off the court or during real games is such a beautiful thing. People who have never really been close to a team from start to finish never can know what that feels like. When I see individual players who play the right way regardless of what team they are on in high school, college or the NBA, i just love it. And when you see a team you pull for come together like our Pistons did in Boston and watch some of the individual players show big signs of improvement, that is sweet. Bottle it and hold on to it Piston players. Everyone on this team is capable of getting a lot better. They all know it and can help each other achieve bigger success. Those who struggle on defense can be pushed along by the stronger defenders until they can hold their own. And those who are having issues putting the ball in the hole after figuring out how to get open shots just need to be patient and keep on working and adjusting their shooting technique. Kennard is fascinating to watch for me. He seems to be one of those players who can think 3 steps ahead. And it should be pointed out that we have some players who are making their first cycle around the league playing opponents who have been in the NBA for many years for the first time. That is why I am surprised with Moreland as well. Now if somehow Henry Ellenson can get get himself in position to make an impact this season I will be a happy Piston fan. If not there is still next season for Henry.

My advise for Piston fans is to be patient with any of the young players when they go through a valley this season. I think that next season is the year the Pistons will make their big statement. Maybe some of the older players had to go through a horrible season last year to motivate themselves to get on the right track. Now if these guys can just log a lot of playing time together this season and have some success, that should translate into something special next year.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Scary Game?

Post  Sparma Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:40 pm

I guessing they'll win tonight, maybe after some initially struggles. No disrespect intended concerning the subsequent 6 games though. That's a heck of a rough stretch. I'd sign up for 3-3 right now, and might even find 2-4 pretty decent.

lemonpen wrote:
Sparma wrote:If they somehow lose v the Suns tonight, like the bad ol' Pistons might well have, they'll be in a world of hurt in a hurry with an extremely hard stretch of six, maybe seven, games coming up.  Is it silly to think of this as an important game, when I keep hearing the NBA season doesn't really begin in earnest until Christmas?

Given what has been accomplished to this point, is it silly to think of any six or seven game stretch as extremely hard?  

I know what you mean.  I've been thinking trap game.  Gotta stay humble and hungry.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Scary Game

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:31 pm

I know what you mean. I've been thinking trap game. Gotta stay humble and hungry.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Scary game

Post  Sparma Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:12 pm

If they somehow lose v the Suns tonight, like the bad ol' Pistons might well have, they'll be in a world of hurt in a hurry with an extremely hard stretch of six, maybe seven, games coming up. Is it silly to think of this as an important game, when I keep hearing the NBA season doesn't really begin in earnest until Christmas?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Leuer & Boban

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Right now Leuer would have to be packaged with a starter to bring value.

Boban on the other hand has growing value. There are enough highly skilled centers in the Association to prove a center dominated team can excel. Dre's dominance over the C's lineup had to catch a few eyes, including Danny Angie. Some team will figure they need a big body to counter some of these really good bigs.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Leuer & Boban

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:33 pm

Both of these dudes are all but gone! Don thinks it's going to be hard to move them, but history proves that it's not hard if you seek the right situation instead of forcing deals.

Sorry Murph, you're making too much sense to be believed.

Remember these ditties?
1. Bradley should be the point guard
2. Kennard should be the point guard
3. Trade Drummond for a bag of chips
4. Reggie is total trash and never was or will be a star on this team
5. Drummond and Reggie's BBall IQ is lower than an ant's dick
6. Ish Smith is a cancer that needs to be removed

Now they ignore FACTS, like the fact that this team 2 years ago played in the best conference, regularly won gamed down the stretch by being smart and playing defense when it counted, had one of the best starting 5's in the league and absolutely no bench... BUT now Avery Bradley is the reason they're playing better? Give me a break, he's a factor, but not the reason, and he certainly didn't give Harris his 3 point shot, or change Drummond's role and FT shooting, and he didn't walk on water and heal Reggie, or draft Kennard, or develop Ellenson, or get Galloway, all while bringing back Tolliver.

My point being that it's way too early to be thinking about resigning Bradley, but I'd sign him at 13M in a heartbeat, reluctantly at 15M, any higher and Luke Kennard is my starting SG next year.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next