Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sebastian
Sparma
cool breeze
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
Fennis Dembo
Phil-Good
FlyDog
lemonpen
WTF
14 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty So Long and Good Luck Kyle Singler and Jonas Jerebco

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:20 pm

Two players that I pulled for to get better are leaving the Detroit Pistons. I will turn my Piston hat around for a few days. I felt that this season would be their last anyway in Detroit. I don't feel the betrayal felt when gullible Joe Dumars gave away Knight, Middleton and Affalo. Prince will bring more stability to this current team until the end of this season. We also have a point guard will more size who will play most of the minutes so our defense will greatly improve. No more successful post ups by George Hill. Our point guard should be able to create more solid scoring in crunch time as well. Will the Pistons now be a candidate to make the playoffs? Who knows because everything is still up to our big men. Will they continue to be up and down from game to game? Will our new point guard want to sign with the Pistons?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:15 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:Phoenix gets BK7...

Obviously Kidd didn't think BK7 was a PG!

Bucks pickup MCW... WOW, that's going to be one tall team!!!

Wait a minute with that analysis. I think the smartest GM in the game today is being paid by the Phoenix Suns. Knight was the heart and soul of that Bucks team this year. He was the prime time player in crunch time on both ends of the floor. This was a fantastic pickup for the Suns. Michael Carter Williams will have his hands full with the added pressure he will now face. The Bucks have been a team playing above 500 ball this season and headed for a playoff birth. I hope both players make a really good adjustment and finish the season out strong. Meanwhile, the Suns are building up draft picks which they will need.

I do believe that Kidd saw MCW as a PG in his own mold, and didn't see that in Knight.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but I do agree with you that I like the move by BOTH teams in the long run!

The shocking part is that the Bucks moved their ENGINE in Knight, and IMO, in the short term, they're likely to drop out of the playoff race.

The reason is that they weren't lacking in assists, it was scoring and breaking down defenses that Knight did, as well as his defense on big and small guards that will be sorely missed. Maybe even more was Knight's ability to close out games in clutch fashion... the Bucks may be in trouble!

I just wish we could have landed MCW, as Lemonpen said!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:05 pm

Wait a minute with that analysis. I think the smartest GM in the game today is being paid by the Phoenix Suns. Knight was the heart and soul of that Bucks team this year. He was the prime time player in crunch time on both ends of the floor. This was a fantastic pickup for the Suns. Michael Carter Williams will have his hands full with the added pressure he will now face. The Bucks have been a team playing above 500 ball this season and headed for a playoff birth. I hope both players make a really good adjustment and finish the season out strong. Meanwhile, the Suns are building up draft picks which they will need.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:36 pm

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty 4 out, 2 in

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:31 pm

We have room for pickup of a waived player.

Way to go PIMP. We finally have some deadline excitement (or action anyway).

Woulda been a megadocious slam dunk had we landed MCW.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:29 pm

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:23 pm

It's Prince for J.J. & Datome
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Oh Boy

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:21 pm

Gonna be some whining tonight
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:19 pm

Apparently per Stein the Pistons have reaquired Tayshaun
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Lemon

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:18 pm

lemonpen wrote:The Philadelphia 76ers just made a genius trade to get a 1st-round pick for nothing

At this moment there isn't one positive thing I can think about Sam Hinkie.  Are the Sixers a playtoy.

Obviously he has more fun jerking off to 1st round picks that having real players!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Damn Merc...

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:17 pm

merc wrote:I'm hearing Augustine & Singler for Reggie Jackson & Lamb... not fully confirmed yet

You're getting Seb, DX & Wise way too excited with that Singler news!

Ok, I understand Singler, but Augustin? Would SVG just turn the team over to Jackson and hope he meshes right away???

Jackson(6'3) does FINALLY give us some height at PG, and he is starting to come into his own, but it may take time.

I'm actually happy for Singler! He should really do well coming off the bench in OKC, and will be in the playoffs for a change... GREAT experience!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Intresting twist on CAP rules.

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:14 pm

The Philadelphia 76ers just made a genius trade to get a 1st-round pick for nothing

At this moment there isn't one positive thing I can think about Sam Hinkie. Are the Sixers a playtoy.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Why

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sparma wrote:The Nuggets trade (injured) JaVale McGee and a 1st round pick for the draft rights to Cenk Akyol.

Shades of the Ben Gordon trade.

Not sure how many Nuggets fans will be excited by the Afflalo trade either.

The Trailblazers got just what they needed - AP source: Nuggets trade Afflalo to Blazers in 5-player deal

How does a GOOD player, AA, get traded so often.

just askin.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:08 pm

I'm hearing Augustine & Singler for Reggie Jackson & Lamb... not fully confirmed yet
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty WTF??? Bucks trade Brandon Knight????

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:04 pm

Phoenix gets BK7...

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Pistons pickup...

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:49 pm

Reggie Jackson from OKC!!!

More details later!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Deadline Likely Dead

Post  WTF Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:12 pm

I will be surprise if anything relevant happens trade wise now, I think whatever we do will come this summer via sign and trade and with whatever coins we have to spend this summer.

I know Oracle said calm down but I will get highly excited about just about any trade rumor that ships Moose ass out of town. I know I said something about Kanter and Burke swap for Moose. Burke is a small PG that SVG loves, and Kanter seems a much better fit than Moose and does pose a little threat of an outside shot.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:01 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sparma wrote:The Nuggets trade (injured) JaVale McGee and a 1st round pick for the draft rights to Cenk Akyol.

The Trailblazers got just what they needed - AP source: Nuggets trade Afflalo to Blazers in 5-player deal

The Blazers got a steal! Affalo will be fun to watch in the playoffs. Affalo is the guy who always does the right and smart thing in life. To save money when he played for Detroit, Arron flew cheaply back to California on breaks using Southwest Airlines with the common folk. No big rings or glamor in those days. He was concentrating like Brandon Knight on improving with hard work. Maybe Dumars would have liked him more if he did more tweeting like Charlie V.

Notice our Pistons can't make a big trade. If Stan can pick up J. Jack, that will improve this Piston team. I am keeping my figures crossed. Jack is not as good as he was two years ago, but he is still a player who is fundamentally sound on both ends and always plays with an edge.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Damn, damn, damn!!

Post  deusXango Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:49 pm

Aaron Gray, Cartier Martin, Caron Butler, and now Norris Cole? What is it about table scraps that SVG loves so much? Does he really believe he can turn a sows ear into a silk purse? Well, that's a stupid ass saying, not a real life process!

Why can't he sell Goran Dragic on coming to Detroit, as a player if nothing else? He's here for the opportunity and the money ain't he? Well promise to turn the team over to Dragic (he wants a team of his own) and sign him to a hefty contract as soon as the trade is completed; he'll have what SVG has.

The key is to rid the payroll of Jennings contract and bring in an elite player, which I believe Dragic is; we can't do a damn thing about Josh's money, but pay him, so why pay the top two largest contracts to not play at all? With the acquisition of Dragic our drafting should go that much smoother and our FA signing efforts wouldn't be as hard (the Pistons would have some appeal, at least more than the current cast of characters present).
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Not many, but...

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Ouch

Post  Sparma Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:29 pm

The Nuggets trade (injured) JaVale McGee and a 1st round pick for the draft rights to Cenk Akyol.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:23 am

Oracle, It's hard to understand the Ice arrest thing... the dude was making a killing on HGTV with two shows (Vanilla Goes Amish & The Vanilla Ice Project) plus he was selling million dollar homes in Miami & residuals from his one hit wonder.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Oh hell yeah Merc!!!

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:55 pm

merc wrote:This one really hit home... watching this awesome talent as a kid in Detroit... he changed the history of the game.
Before Kobe & Lebron

Great player, averaged 20+ points & 10+ rebounds over his career, won Gold in the Olympics, won a 'ship with the Lakers on the down side of his career, and solid Detroiter!

In other sad news, sad but funny as hell lol

Vanilla Ice arrested in Palm Beach County on burglary charges

Hair cut alone is a felony lol
FORUM - Page 30 15857095
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Spenser Haywood

Post  merc Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:18 pm

This one really hit home... watching this awesome talent as a kid in Detroit... he changed the history of the game.
Before Kobe & Lebron
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 30 Empty Public service education...

Post  Oracle Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:10 pm

In these times of no Piston games, I feel the need to help you, my posting brothers, stay informed about educational events in our great nation.

To that end, here is information that you absolutely need to know about, so that you don't make mistakes in life that will lead you down the wrong road.

It has been said that it's a bad thing to be stupid, but it's a lot worse if you open your mouth and confirm it!

I leave that determination as an exercise for the reader.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next