Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sebastian
Sparma
cool breeze
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
Fennis Dembo
Phil-Good
FlyDog
lemonpen
WTF
14 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Whew. I don't know what to say.

Post  deusXango Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:04 pm

Oracle wrote:
merc wrote:DX, the Pistons signed Quincy Miller to a 10 day deal

Zip up your pants lol lol lol
Merc, that's music to my ears; I fully expect QM to be a Piston for the remainder of the season. rockon

Oracle, I'm not. dance
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Come Out, Come Out .....

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:32 pm

Oracle wrote:
lemonpen wrote:This is the most interesting trade deadline Wheeling & Dealing since the acquisition of Sheed.  Am I right?

If nothing else I'm totally engaged into our Boys through the remainder of the season.

This is some exciting sh!t.

I had no idea, or even hope that we could get this active, and it's so refreshing and a HUGE departure from the Dumars years outside of the Sheed blockbuster!

More impressive as the activity, was the fact that we did the main one in a 3 team trade, which shows a higher level of GM activity... color me impressed with SVG & Bower!
wherever you arrrrrrrre.

Correction.  I guess it ain't official until we get the "SEB REPORT".    
Love It tb clap tb clap

or    

List It mad wpn mad wpn
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty You're 100% right!

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:15 pm

lemonpen wrote:This is the most interesting trade deadline Wheeling & Dealing since the acquisition of Sheed.  Am I right?

If nothing else I'm totally engaged into our Boys through the remainder of the season.

This is some exciting sh!t.

I had no idea, or even hope that we could get this active, and it's so refreshing and a HUGE departure from the Dumars years outside of the Sheed blockbuster!

More impressive as the activity, was the fact that we did the main one in a 3 team trade, which shows a higher level of GM activity... color me impressed with SVG & Bower!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty It's Official

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:09 pm

This is the most interesting trade deadline Wheeling & Dealing since the acquisition of Sheed. Am I right?

lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty The mighty QM finally makes sense...

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:04 pm

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2015/02/detroit_pistons_to_sign_quincy.html wrote:Miller, a 6-foot-10 small forward currently with the NBA Development League's Reno Bighorns, will give the Pistons depth at a position where they traded away Kyle Singler and Gigi Datome today.

That left the Pistons with only Tayshaun Prince, Caron Butler and Cartier Martin who play small forward naturally.
Reno Bighorns player Quincy Miller (22) is expected to sign a 10-day contract with the Detroit Pistons.

Miller, who played collegiately at Baylor University followed by parts of two seasons with the Denver Nuggets from 2012-14, is averaging 25.3 points and shooting 50.6 percent from the field with Reno, including 35.2 percent on 3-pointers. Miller also had a stint this season with the Sacramento Kings.

QM could get the starting SF position, with half of those numbers, especially since Singler isn't around to kick his ass lol lol

BTW, at 6'10 I LOVE his size for that position!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:59 pm

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Go Forum !!!!!!!!!

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:58 pm

Daaaammmmnnnnn !!!!!!!
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Ok DX, PLEASE...

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Zip up your pants lol lol lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Tilt Your Head To the Right

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:52 pm

Sparma wrote:I haven't watched enough Reggie Jackson yet to form a firm opinion about him.  I do like size at PG, and the link posted by Merc mentioned his enormous wing span, which sounds promising on defense.

BUT, I regard Augustin, Singler, and Jerebko as three of the smartest and most team-oriented guys on the team.  Worrisome to see them all leave at once.  Of course, Prince is that too, but he's presumably on his last legs.  

I'd hoped that Augustin could be an outstanding backup PG/ starter as needed for years.  

Just looking at the numbers, it doesn't seem like Jackson is a good shooter (.288 from 3), so it surprises me SVG would go for him in that way. More of a slasher? Not surprised that JJ, Datome, and even Singler are gone, but SVG's really rolling the dice here.  If it turns out Jackson is a dynamic starting PG for the team for years to come (but then what happens to Jennings?), the trades pay off, although I already thought Augustin was a dynamic PG.

It's heartening to me that there was serious talk of Brooke Lopez (!) being traded for Reggie Jackson, I hope I'm underestimating him, in my limited knowledge.

Interesting stuff, but I'm not enthused yet.

and look at it this way.

We traded 3 expiring contracts of players who's resigning didn't roll your socks up and down, for 2 expiring contracts, one of which made big news when subing for an injured Westbrooke. If Jackson passes his 30 game trial we also have a leg up in negotiations by having his Bird rights. dance dance dance dance
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Lemon, Merc could be right!

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:50 pm

lemonpen wrote:
Oracle wrote:Prince or Butler?

Talk about picking your poison... Wow, two players with the specter of death hovering over their heads, and more cobwebs than game left... surely Singler was better.

Hopefully Tay is only a $7M resting spot.

I hope Merc is on track with Tolliver receiving an opportunity.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/tayshaun-prince-may-discuss-buyout-pistons wrote:A league source told CSNNE.com that Prince may discuss a potential buyout with the Pistons before March 1 which would allow him to play for a more established, playoff-caliber team like the Los Angeles Clippers who, as reported by CSNNE.com last week, will pursue him if he were to become available following a buyout.

Prince may be out of here if a deal can be reached!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:49 pm

DX, the Pistons signed Quincy Miller to a 10 day deal
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:38 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:Phoenix gets BK7...

Obviously Kidd didn't think BK7 was a PG!

Bucks pickup MCW... WOW, that's going to be one tall team!!!

Wait a minute with that analysis. I think the smartest GM in the game today is being paid by the Phoenix Suns. Knight was the heart and soul of that Bucks team this year. He was the prime time player in crunch time on both ends of the floor. This was a fantastic pickup for the Suns. Michael Carter Williams will have his hands full with the added pressure he will now face. The Bucks have been a team playing above 500 ball this season and headed for a playoff birth. I hope both players make a really good adjustment and finish the season out strong. Meanwhile, the Suns are building up draft picks which they will need.
And so he should. He was after all rookie of the year. I'm happy to see him leave a clownshow.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Neither

Post  lemonpen Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:35 pm

Talk about picking your poison... Wow, two players with the specter of death hovering over their heads, and more cobwebs than game left... surely Singler was better.

Hopefully Tay is only a $7M resting spot.

I hope Merc is on track with Tolliver receiving an opportunity.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:35 pm

According to Mlive we only gave up one 2nd rounder to Utah... ZZZzzzz
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:31 pm

We all know Tay is just a stop gap until next year... no extra salary taken on.
He's having a good shooting year from 3... this might help offset the lack of deep shooting from Jackson.
I think Tay's "stall ball" will be counterproductive for the motion offense that SVG likes.

Jackson's quickness and long arms (7' wings) will help reduce some of the penetration that has been killing the defense.
Not so sure about Jackson's court vision but Augustine wasn't any better.
Should be interesting to see how next years PG situation pans out... both will be free agents in 2016
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Sparma

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:23 pm

I just saw an article talking about us giving up picks!!!

If we gave up Augustin, Singler and picks, then I don't know what the F**k SVG is thinking!

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/2015/2/19/8072587/nba-trade-detroit-pistons-reggie-jackson-dj-augustin-analysis wrote:Detroit just made a terribly costly exchange. It could cost the team what remaining hopes it had for the playoffs. With those hopes, Greg Monroe's interest in returning could also be extinguished. Last, Detroit could be paying for this with second round picks for years to come. All for two months of a player that is inferior to the main piece they gave up to acquire him.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Oracle/ Jackson

Post  Sparma Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:56 pm

I've just watched Jackson a bit, especially in the playoffs, so I'm hoping you're right. He certainly put up impressive numbers with OKC with Durant and Westbrook out, All Star numbers really (20.2 ppg, 7.7 apg, and (?) 5+ rebounds per game). I agree it's so crucial how the PG meshes with Drummond. Bynum's still the champ in that department, which I'd thought was his ticket to sticking with the team as a back up for a good long while.

Oracle wrote:Yes, I think you're underestimating him.

Jackson is like Chauncey was for us, although I'm not making a direct comparison, just that he's a guard that's ready to break out like CB was!

Augustin was a very good backup, but not dynamic enough to be a starter like Jennings was. Jackson is dynamic enough to be that person.

The big question is his fit with Drummond, because for a lot of reasons, if a guard does not have that fit, it's a wasted move.

Drummond is basically too raw to be valuable unless paired with a PG that can utilize his special skills. Getting Jackson shows me that SVG is finally realizing the error of dumping Bynum.

We wouldn't even be talking so much about Drummond if not for Bynum, who was the first to discover that a guard with that level of big can confound defenses all night long!

We're special when that 1/5 combo is working, and Augustin never, IMO, made as good of that pairing as Jennings did!

If Jackson can get that magic going with Drummond, then we'll be back on track for the playoffs.

The Bucks will drop, Miami will move up, and that will be enough to give us a punchers shot at the 8th seed!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty DX: Any more questions about Datome :)

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:40 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/2/19/8071995/celtics-pistons-trade-deadline-tayshaun-prince-jonas-jerebko-luigi-datome wrote:Datome isn't quite as interesting. He's a 27-year-old wing who can't really shoot and doesn't do enough other stuff to make up for it. In the modern NBA, it's just tough to be a wing who doesn't hit threes, and over his one-plus seasons in Detroit, Datome went 8-of-43 (18.6 percent) from beyond the arc.

One more laugher to add...

http://pistonpowered.com/2015/02/19/3-3-pistons-trades/ wrote:I think Jerebko is a better SF than Prince at this point, plus he offers a lot more value at PF. I’ve given up on Datome by now. If he was unable to crack the rotation this year, competing with Singler and Butler, he’s irrelevant. But I think the Pistons gave up a minor asset for nothing

Last edited by Oracle on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Sparma: Jackson

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:30 pm

Yes, I think you're underestimating him.

Jackson is like Chauncey was for us, although I'm not making a direct comparison, just that he's a guard that's ready to break out like CB was!

Augustin was a very good backup, but not dynamic enough to be a starter like Jennings was. Jackson is dynamic enough to be that person.

The big question is his fit with Drummond, because for a lot of reasons, if a guard does not have that fit, it's a wasted move.

Drummond is basically too raw to be valuable unless paired with a PG that can utilize his special skills. Getting Jackson shows me that SVG is finally realizing the error of dumping Bynum.

We wouldn't even be talking so much about Drummond if not for Bynum, who was the first to discover that a guard with that level of big can confound defenses all night long!

We're special when that 1/5 combo is working, and Augustin never, IMO, made as good of that pairing as Jennings did!

If Jackson can get that magic going with Drummond, then we'll be back on track for the playoffs.

The Bucks will drop, Miami will move up, and that will be enough to give us a punchers shot at the 8th seed!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty 2nd rounder going?

Post  Sparma Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:29 pm

I see Brian Windhorst cited at Fansided about Detroit giving up a second rounder (not seeing the original post). That didn't happen did it? That was from an earlier stage of things I hope, but it would add greatly to my concerns if they also sent out a 2nd rounder. Reggie Jackson could prove to be the real deal, but he seems like a gamble. I do like that he's a good rebounder for a guard. Reading that he may not be a PG isn't exactly reassuring.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty Trades

Post  Sparma Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:12 pm

I haven't watched enough Reggie Jackson yet to form a firm opinion about him.  I do like size at PG, and the link posted by Merc mentioned his enormous wing span, which sounds promising on defense.

BUT, I regard Augustin, Singler, and Jerebko as three of the smartest and most team-oriented guys on the team.  Worrisome to see them all leave at once.  Of course, Prince is that too, but he's presumably on his last legs.  

I'd hoped that Augustin could be an outstanding backup PG/ starter as needed for years.  

Just looking at the numbers, it doesn't seem like Jackson is a good shooter (.288 from 3), so it surprises me SVG would go for him in that way. More of a slasher? Not surprised that JJ, Datome, and even Singler are gone, but SVG's really rolling the dice here.  If it turns out Jackson is a dynamic starting PG for the team for years to come (but then what happens to Jennings?), the trades pay off, although I already thought Augustin was a dynamic PG.

It's heartening to me that there was serious talk of Brooke Lopez (!) being traded for Reggie Jackson, I hope I'm underestimating him, in my limited knowledge.

Interesting stuff, but I'm not enthused yet.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:00 pm

I hate losing Singler but many fans are happy he is gone. Kyle won't have to place his hand gun under his pillow tonight. The last time I watched Prince play, he still could play solid defense, he sets good screens, passes well and plays smart. Under Van Gundy's offensive game plan, the scoring role is not significant for the small forward anyway. Prince will want to play hard for his old team. I still love him a lot and will pull for Mr. Prince to have a lot of success as a Piston again. The Prince - Butler combination might not be bad at all. I don't expect the offense will look much different where the scoring should still be created by the point guards, shooting guards, power forwards and the points that Drummond gets by working his butt off on the boards and the lobs. But what could change is transition scoring if Jackson can help get more stops on defense or direct steals that lead to baskets. He might have a picnic playing in the Eastern Conference. I think that might have been the hope of Stan Van Gundy before he made the trades.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:47 pm

Oracle wrote:
cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:Phoenix gets BK7...

Obviously Kidd didn't think BK7 was a PG!

Bucks pickup MCW... WOW, that's going to be one tall team!!!

Wait a minute with that analysis. I think the smartest GM in the game today is being paid by the Phoenix Suns. Knight was the heart and soul of that Bucks team this year. He was the prime time player in crunch time on both ends of the floor. This was a fantastic pickup for the Suns. Michael Carter Williams will have his hands full with the added pressure he will now face. The Bucks have been a team playing above 500 ball this season and headed for a playoff birth. I hope both players make a really good adjustment and finish the season out strong. Meanwhile, the Suns are building up draft picks which they will need.

I do believe that Kidd saw MCW as a PG in his own mold, and didn't see that in Knight.

I'm not saying he's right or wrong, but I do agree with you that I like the move by BOTH teams in the long run!

The shocking part is that the Bucks moved their ENGINE in Knight, and IMO, in the short term, they're likely to drop out of the playoff race.

The reason is that they weren't lacking in assists, it was scoring and breaking down defenses that Knight did, as well as his defense on big and small guards that will be sorely missed. Maybe even more was Knight's ability to close out games in clutch fashion... the Bucks may be in trouble!

I just wish we could have landed MCW, as Lemonpen said!

It is good that you have obviously been watching the Bucks and Brandon Knight's role on that team this season Oracle. I love watching Brandon Knight because he is really becoming a outstanding NBA player. Just in one season, his understanding of situations and his progress relating to being able to shoot a wide variety of shots well is staggering for me. I thought it would take Knight 6 years to do what he is doing now. The point guard position was not a problem on this year's Bucks team. Maybe Hammond was worried that Knight wouldn't sign a long term deal. Maybe MCW is the guy Kidd wanted to groom as the Bucks restructure their team to compete for a title. But I sure would have loved it if either Knight or MCW had been coming to the Pistons.

Before I see our Pistons play their next game I sure cannot predict if the team will play better or worse. Augustin really kicked it up big time when he became a starter on the offensive end. Van Gundy wants improvement on the defensive side and he should get it. A lot might change this summer so I will sit back and hopefully enjoy watching the Pistons finish the season playoffs or no playoffs. I am really happy that Stan did not give up any draft picks.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty So who starts at SF???

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:36 pm

Prince or Butler?

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 29 Empty This is so anti-Joe

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:29 pm

I guarantee you that if Joe was still the GM, NOTHING would have been done, and we'd get his famous...

"We didn't see any deals that made sense", translation, Nobody would deal with me for whatever reason and I couldn't think of anything else to do... anybody got a donut?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next