Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
Sebastian
Sparma
cool breeze
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
Fennis Dembo
Phil-Good
FlyDog
lemonpen
WTF
14 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Kings sign Bhullar, NBA's first player of Indian descent

Post  Oracle Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:02 pm

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/04/02/sacramento-kings-sign-sim-bhullar-to-10-day-deal.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts wrote:The Kings announced the deal Thursday. The 7-foot-5, 360-pound Bhullar was called up from the team's NBA Development League affiliate, the Reno Bighorns.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Sparma & Seb

Post  Oracle Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Sparma wrote:I'm all for giving QM plenty of minutes down the stretch, whose meaning should consist largely of losing as much as we can.

I can't evaluate him adequately.  He's a skinny guy, which suggests to me he'd likely have trouble at PF.  So it makes sense you want to see him at SF.  And I don't rule out a skinny guy making good contributions at PF.  I recently suggested (based on what I've seen recently with Monroe out) that Prince would be a good back up stretch 4, if he'd sign for the minimum.  No one's skinnier, but to some extent he neutralizes the size of his opponent with his long arms (but not if that opponent is LeBron).  And because of his length, Prince can get his shot off, pass, even collect his fair share of rebounds against PFs.  He provides a good small line up alternative at PF.  So maybe QM can do something similiar.  I am skeptical though about a real skinny guy being a fulltime starter at PF.  Prince's home position needs to be SF.  That may be true for QM too.  I'd like to get a better sense down the stretch of whether he has the skills to hang in there at SF.

That's exactly what I was telling DX about QM, the dude is very light in the pants(though hopefully not light in the loafers). DX took it as me trying to put him down, but that wasn't the case at all!

Since I have league pass, I took some time to see him play when he got decent PT with the Kings, so I knew that he was skinny, and playing PF was going to be tough.

What I didn't discover was if he had the speed to defend the SF position, and if he can't, he's a hopeless tweener that's going nowhere!

That's why I want him to get significant PT so that we can figure out if he fits anywhere. This reminds me of Austin Daye in that you knew he had some talent, but he just never really fit at any position.

These are the hardest cases in the NBA because it's not about talent as much as it is about ability to make a solid claim to playing a position of need!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Quincy Miller/ Sebastian

Post  Sparma Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:53 pm

I'm all for giving QM plenty of minutes down the stretch, whose meaning should consist largely of losing as much as we can.

I can't evaluate him adequately. He's a skinny guy, which suggests to me he'd likely have trouble at PF. So it makes sense you want to see him at SF. And I don't rule out a skinny guy making good contributions at PF. I recently suggested (based on what I've seen recently with Monroe out) that Prince would be a good back up stretch 4, if he'd sign for the minimum. No one's skinnier, but to some extent he neutralizes the size of his opponent with his long arms (but not if that opponent is LeBron). And because of his length, Prince can get his shot off, pass, even collect his fair share of rebounds against PFs. He provides a good small line up alternative at PF. So maybe QM can do something similiar. I am skeptical though about a real skinny guy being a fulltime starter at PF. Prince's home position needs to be SF. That may be true for QM too. I'd like to get a better sense down the stretch of whether he has the skills to hang in there at SF.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty QM sees the floor and ..

Post  Sebastian Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:59 am

some of US get to see him for the first time.

Sparma wrote: Didn't realize he was quite so skinny.

Yeah, Sparma, this is why me and DX have been calling for him to see his minutes, primarily, at the SF position. Because his length and fluid movement, ability to get the rebound and take it to the other end would be the sort of player that would potentially make a combination of Moose and Dre work.

The dude [QM] is long and can do things that SFs do.

Earth to Stan: More minutes to QM to close out the season.

Sparma wrote:Ugly loss.

One positive: Meeks played a good game.  Another: we saw Quincy Miller, who made one decent pass during his short stint.  Didn't realize he was quite so skinny.

Beyond that, Drummond easily led to team with a whopping -29, with our second best player out there, Reggie, coming in second.  AD was in foul trouble early.  Beyond that, Charlotte managed to push him outside of his comfort zone and the results reflected his opening distance from the basket.  The team needed Reggie to come up huge and he didn't.  If you just look at the points, rebounds, and assists totals, you may think he played okay.  He didn't.  The team look disjointed with him running it (and a bit more organized with Lucas at PG).  He needed to do a lot, and failed, getting blocked at least a couple of times and heaving up another shot that was way wide.

Drummond elbowed Jefferson in the face early, in what I thought was a reckless move (not that he was trying to hurt Al), deservedly getting the flagrant.  Jason Maxiell came back late in the game with a hard left into Drummond's face.  I think a Flagrant 2 would have been deserved for his retaliation on his former teammate, but it went down as an ordinary foul in spite of what the announcer appeared to call.

That pretty much ends our playoff aspirations I guess.  Just as well.  Looking at Tankathon, I'm thinking we're finishing 7th or 8th worst in all likelihood.  Go Denver, now .5 game worse than us!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty SVG takes down KCP

Post  Oracle Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:18 am

For Don & Wise, you guys were feeling what SVG was feeling about KCP, and it ain't good!

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2015/04/detroit_pistons_coach_puts_ken.html wrote:
Caldwell-Pope got in early foul trouble and scored two points in 14 minutes of a 102-78 rout at the hands of the Charlotte Hornets.

That continued a season-long trend of extreme downticks on the road.

"All year, it's just been a huge difference between him at home and him on the road," Van Gundy said. "He's got to get it figured out, I've got to get it figured out. But we can't go long term with a starting point guard who only plays half your games."

Van Gundy quickly corrected himself, adding, "I mean starting two-guard."

Caldwell-Pope declined comment after the game.

SVG has officially put KCP on notice, and I agree, you can't have a starting SG that's a pussy on the road! I really hadn't made the road vs home connection, but evidently SVG did, and has the data to back it up!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Drummond vs Maxiell

Post  Oracle Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:16 am

Drummond scored, but Maxiell put a hurting on him, likely a revenge move!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Charlotte

Post  Sparma Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:04 am

Ugly loss.

One positive: Meeks played a good game.  Another: we saw Quincy Miller, who made one decent pass during his short stint.  Didn't realize he was quite so skinny.

Beyond that, Drummond easily led to team with a whopping -29, with our second best player out there, Reggie, coming in second.  AD was in foul trouble early.  Beyond that, Charlotte managed to push him outside of his comfort zone and the results reflected his opening distance from the basket.  The team needed Reggie to come up huge and he didn't.  If you just look at the points, rebounds, and assists totals, you may think he played okay.  He didn't.  The team look disjointed with him running it (and a bit more organized with Lucas at PG).  He needed to do a lot, and failed, getting blocked at least a couple of times and heaving up another shot that was way wide.

Drummond elbowed Jefferson in the face early, in what I thought was a reckless move (not that he was trying to hurt Al), deservedly getting the flagrant.  Jason Maxiell came back late in the game with a hard left into Drummond's face.  I think a Flagrant 2 would have been deserved for his retaliation on his former teammate, but it went down as an ordinary foul in spite of what the announcer appeared to call.

That pretty much ends our playoff aspirations I guess. Just as well. Looking at Tankathon, I'm thinking we're finishing 7th or 8th worst in all likelihood. Go Denver, now .5 game worse than us!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Pistons running on fumes...

Post  Oracle Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:58 pm

Illness & injuries have us pretty much too weak to win, and I'm glad we can't win and glad the injuries aren't serious!

Can we now rest the core and bring up some fodder from the Drive? Can QM get some MAJOR burn???

Come on Stan, don't wait until the last game with 1 minute to go to decide to play the youngster!

@Don - Hell yeah I'm looking forward to the Final 4 this weekend! The Spartans do have a shot, but the Badgers may get screwed by the refs if it's a close game!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Wins and loses mean nothing when trying to predict how the Detroit Pistons will perform next season

Post  cool breeze Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:00 pm

All the players and coaches know the truth. Players who are not on playoff teams who are worried about their next contract are the only human beings that should be interested in watching the remaining games. Why do I do it? Who knows but I did get excited about the last Piston game from the previous season when our Pistons with the high dollar contract players sitting on the bench, beat the Thunder. Pope led the way. I had high expectations on Pope, Singler, Drummond and Siva. They looked great. Pope and Drummond show promise but have major flaws still and the two other players are gone. This year I am not excited to watch Lucas although he was great against Atlanta. All basketball fans are now awaiting the Final 4 games this weekend and I am surprised that fans actually still pay money and take the time to drive to the NBA games at this point relating to teams that have no chance of making the playoffs.

Soon we will see some real basketball when the playoffs begin.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Oracle wrote:Hell yeah!

They put up a token fight, but there was no way they wanted to slug it out with the Pistons, the win just wasn't worth it. They'll just set the record for franchise wins against an opponent that's easier to roll, and the east is full of them!

We should have been doing the same, but I confess I couldn't help rooting for them to win, it's hell being so conflicted! SVG needs to protect me from my baser instincts Smile

@Sparma - The Prince dunk was a thing of beauty, I guess there's still a few more miles left in that tank! Andre has good form on his FT's, but it's like he can't get the gas level set right! Sometimes he throws it too hard, and others, not enough... practice young man, practice! As you mentioned before, all he needs to do is get close enough to the basket, and the hooks can work!

@Don: Kaminski - You're just about right on him, he won't be able to play center in the NBA for many years, but IMO, he can fit the stretch 4 position really well. Remember, the stretch 4 doesn't just shoot 3's, he needs a good midrange game as well, and he can do that, and occasionally get to the rim because he's got good moves! But as Seb noticed, he is a bit robotic at times, but hell, he's a legit 7 footer!

@Don: SVG - I agree, we need to be around the 8the pick to do us some good! SVG has got to do something positive, we can't afford to wait until we're mathematically eliminated before we start losing!

Oracle if you read the article to the right "Five Free Agents That Could End Up In Detroit" it is possible that Van Gundy is really not focused on this draft at all. I do like the idea of stealing Brandon Knight. That would make me try to jamb my basketball again. I like some of the other players mentioned as well. But getting some real players will take a real sales job by Stan The Man.

Kaminsky has developed a good all around game on offense. Can he defend NBA power forwards? On the positive side, Kaminsky would be a breath of fresh air if you like players who have all the fundamentals down. He will look to box out which neither Monroe or Drummond ever attempt to seal opposing bigs off. He will get it relating to making the proper rotation in all defensive situations. The other positive is that Kaminsky is not a player who just stands around. He is always doing something positive for his teammates on both ends of the floor. When you just look at him, you don't think he could be a very good player even in college. He is clever, cunning, deceptive and seems to love playing to the crowd juicing things up and making the game appear easy and fun. Experts at the draft combine in Chicago most likely will downgrade his prospects as a pro. But some clever guy like Steve Kerr would like a guy like Kaminsky.

Hollis Jefferson is another player that GMs will be reluctant to draft because of his undeveloped mid range and long range jump shot. But Jefferson played for the team in college requesting at the first part of the season to come off the bench so Stanley Johnson could start. He always guarded the opponents best player regardless of position and did all the little things on offense to make things run good. I feel there is no question that he will get his shooting up to standards and then will be an elite defensive player in the NBA. Steve Kerr is very interested in Jefferson. Steve Kerr has a computer like mind and is just an incredible judge of what is needed to create a winning team. Here we have Steve Kerr who is excited about the coming draft and is figuring out which college players will improve his club and his team has the best overall record in the NBA. Meanwhile, Stan Van Gundy appears to be only slightly interested in the coming draft and his goal might be to just to field a team good enough to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. Yet if Van Gundy somehow is able to acquire Brandon Knight, I will be so damn happy and content.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Dre and KCP

Post  Sebastian Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:28 am

WE have to give Dre and KCP a big shout out for their endurance, this season.

They both have played every game, but one and their effort levels have been very high, given all of the turmoil and changes during this retched season. clap clap
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Atlanta Hawks Tanking?

Post  Oracle Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:03 am

Hell yeah!

They put up a token fight, but there was no way they wanted to slug it out with the Pistons, the win just wasn't worth it. They'll just set the record for franchise wins against an opponent that's easier to roll, and the east is full of them!

We should have been doing the same, but I confess I couldn't help rooting for them to win, it's hell being so conflicted! SVG needs to protect me from my baser instincts Smile

@Sparma - The Prince dunk was a thing of beauty, I guess there's still a few more miles left in that tank! Andre has good form on his FT's, but it's like he can't get the gas level set right! Sometimes he throws it too hard, and others, not enough... practice young man, practice! As you mentioned before, all he needs to do is get close enough to the basket, and the hooks can work!

@Don: Kaminski - You're just about right on him, he won't be able to play center in the NBA for many years, but IMO, he can fit the stretch 4 position really well. Remember, the stretch 4 doesn't just shoot 3's, he needs a good midrange game as well, and he can do that, and occasionally get to the rim because he's got good moves! But as Seb noticed, he is a bit robotic at times, but hell, he's a legit 7 footer!

@Don: SVG - I agree, we need to be around the 8the pick to do us some good! SVG has got to do something positive, we can't afford to wait until we're mathematically eliminated before we start losing!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:44 am

Sparma wrote:Excellent game by John Lucas, punctuated by a long 3 to end to the game.  I hope he's able to stay on as 3rd PG (at the vet's minimum?), but once Jennings comes back to join Reggie and Dinwiddie, he'll likely get squeezed out.

Another impressive offensive game by Drummond, although he did put up one of the worst pair of free throws I've ever seen in the NBA, missing an air ball to the left, then coming back with a ball that had no shot to the right (his next FT was perfect though).  The announcers pointed out that he's comfortable with his hook (and other shots) with either hand, which is a massive strength.  He's made nice progress offensively this year.

The Hawks started the game off with a couple of baskets wide open underneath.  Again in the fourth quarter, they had several wide open looks.  Puzzling because Detroit's D was solid as the second quarter progressed.

KCP looked lively.

Prince looked like he got his arm a foot above the rim on one dunk.

Tolliver played well.

SVG evidently said he expects Monroe back after this 4 in 5.  That development certainly fits the narrative of Monroe as self-serving, dragging out a minor injury, then coming back in time to prove it was minor.

Another undesirable win, but again it's tough to root against the team, this time because Lucas showed himself to be such a professional in his emergency role, with Spencer spraining his ankle badly and Reggie ailing (but hanging tough).

The Pistons did look inspired tonight. Atlanta had their key players on the bench a lot in the 2nd half but for sure everyone who played for Detroit played hard and to win. Will we lose the 8th pick? This is rest time for playoff bound teams like Atlanta. Will Van Gundy allow this team to win all the remaining games so we get the 11th pick? Tonight Piston fans have to be happy yet sad.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Kaminsky might not be an effective NBA player but the jury is still out for many GMs

Post  cool breeze Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:37 am

After talking with some basketball people here relating to the Arizona-Wisconsin game, most have their doubts that Kaminsky will be able to hold his own against NBA big men. In this last game, Arizona's strategy was to go into the low post right at Kaminsky. He is not known as a good defender around NBA circles. Kaminsky got two questionable calls go his way against Ashley. Then another came when Kaminsky hooked Hollis Jefferson. On all three plays, no foul should have been called. But to call two quick fouls against Ashley before one and one half minutes had been played in the game, really forced Arizona to change strategy because they had to go small. Ashley did come back in the first half and was extremely effective against Kaminsky in the low post. Now Ashley has some good low post moves but he is slight of build and in no way represents how an NBA big man would dominate Kaminsky. After watching the game over more slowly, I also noticed that Kaminsky got away with at least 25 moving screens. In fact he did it on almost every possession. Wisconsin runs a disciplined college style offense that really involves a lot of team work. I love the way they play because it takes some brains to be able to fit into that system for players. But that is not the NBA. Kaminsky has developed into a really good college basketball player and has great energy to help his teammates through tough times. Kaminsky doesn't really shoot very many outside shots in most games. He seems accurate with his limited attempts but as a stretch 4 in the NBA, he will have to consistently put up a lot of outside shots in Van Gundy's system. His low post plays are slow to develop as well which makes it unlikely that he will be able to have his way in the low post at the next level. This game against Kentucky is going to determine a lot for NBA scouts relating to both Kaminsky and several big men who play for Kentucky.

I watched an interview on local television here with Stan Johnson after the game. He was really emotional and said that he let the team down. But it should be noted that it seemed that the refs had a lot to do with Johnson being able to stay on the floor as several questionable calls were made against him early on. And he was called for a foul when he got an offensive rebound and came up with a cut in his eye. Johnson said that he had double vision for the rest of the game. This game featured the refs a lot. They made bad calls both ways and interrupted the game by stopping play. Meanwhile, we got to see the Spartans win their game and the refs let the players bang inside and let the players decide the outcome of the game.

I am not saying that Wisconsin didn't deserve to win because they shot over 80% from the field and made a ton of 3 pointers as the shot clock was about to expire. There is nothing more painful for a team than to bust your ass for 33 seconds on defense and then watch an opponent launch a long high arching 3 pointer that goes in. Wisconsin will need to make those same shots to win against Kentucky. Who will win this game?

The Spartans have a real chance to beat Duke. But their big guys need to stay out of foul trouble. How will this game be called? Will the refs call the game close to help Duke get to the finals again or will they let the players decide this one? Go Spartans!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Atlanta

Post  Sparma Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:39 pm

Excellent game by John Lucas, punctuated by a long 3 to end to the game. I hope he's able to stay on as 3rd PG (at the vet's minimum?), but once Jennings comes back to join Reggie and Dinwiddie, he'll likely get squeezed out.

Another impressive offensive game by Drummond, although he did put up one of the worst pair of free throws I've ever seen in the NBA, missing an air ball to the left, then coming back with a ball that had no shot to the right (his next FT was perfect though). The announcers pointed out that he's comfortable with his hook (and other shots) with either hand, which is a massive strength. He's made nice progress offensively this year.

The Hawks started the game off with a couple of baskets wide open underneath. Again in the fourth quarter, they had several wide open looks. Puzzling because Detroit's D was solid as the second quarter progressed.

KCP looked lively.

Prince looked like he got his arm a foot above the rim on one dunk.

Tolliver played well.

SVG evidently said he expects Monroe back after this 4 in 5. That development certainly fits the narrative of Monroe as self-serving, dragging out a minor injury, then coming back in time to prove it was minor.

Another undesirable win, but again it's tough to root against the team, this time because Lucas showed himself to be such a professional in his emergency role, with Spencer spraining his ankle badly and Reggie ailing (but hanging tough).
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Good work Dinwiddie...

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:59 pm

He got a haircut and it looks a hell of a lot better!!!

BTW, why in the world are we playing Williams???
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Dx, your reasoning needs seasoning :)

Post  Oracle Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:58 pm

deusXango wrote:Who was it that said he was the most important player in the Jennings for Knight/Middleton deal? Knight's bouncing around, Jenning's about to be bounced, and we're (of all people) talking about resigning Middleton to a hefty contract. Here's a brainbuster; Middleton or KCP? Who'd you take?

Middleton was not the key player, the Bucks BEST player was Knight, not Middleton, by a LARGE margin!

But it's telling that two Pistons grabbed the leadership of a talented team like that.

Also, Knight bouncing around? What does that mean? I guess Chauncey didn't bounce around, and neither did Sheed! That statement means nothing in the NBA where guys get traded for reasons that don't make sense except to executives trying to do something.

If that wasn't the case, you'd have so little to talk about, since the fact that Joe was dumb enough to trade away so many excellent players while signing a bunch of losers is the biggest complaint on this and other boards!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Khris Middleton is a breakout star for the Bucks?

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:34 pm

Who was it that said he was the most important player in the Jennings for Knight/Middleton deal? Knight's bouncing around, Jenning's about to be bounced, and we're (of all people) talking about resigning Middleton to a hefty contract. Here's a brainbuster; Middleton or KCP? Who'd you take?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Excellent post Stones

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:16 pm

If the dream of Monroe re-signing with the Pistons comes true it'll be a waste of time, money, and a roster spot; signing him and then waiting for the trade deadline  is a waste of time and an admission that we realize he's not ideal for this team...there's no guarantee we'll get our moneys worth in a trade (unless it's a S&T) so he could end up being Smith 2.0...why have him on the floor (and the team underperforming due to his skillset and physical attributes) and a young prospect, whose cheaper, is waiting in the wings? Wasting time on Monroe is just that, a waste; if nothing else, SVG has shown to be an unreasonably stubborn man, but this is the most important decision he's faced with where open-mindedness and flexibility is needed.

SF has been a joke all year, so it's about looking to the future and there are absolutely no players on our active roster that presents a solution...none! Winslow, Johnson, or Hezonja are the only draft prospects I'd take a chance on, but as time has gone on, I believe that Justise is the only one who's not "fools gold." I'm all for giving QM every chance to prove himself as a viable starting SF for us, but SVG has an idea of "turning a sow's ear into a silk purse," by transforming Miller into a stretch 4.

SG is the only position KCP should be concentrating on playing for us and next year should be viewed as his "make it or break it" year; this off season should be spent working out with, playing alongside of, and developing a "psychic chemistry" with Jackson so they won't come to camp like long lost brothers. F@ckin' Jodie needs to embrace his role as a high scoring option off the bench and realize this is a superior team to the Lakers on which he started. I'm expecting far better play out of our SG's next year.

Here's a trade idea that I've not heard yet, injury for injury; Jennings to the Lakers for Randle. I know it sounds wild, but haven't the moves SVG made so far been wild?

Here's where the "eye test" fails us; when a players game is judged on how he looks. Kaminsky isn't a broad shouldered 7 footer, but he has narrow/slumped shoulders...he doesn't run from side to side, spotting up behind the 3 point line (ridiculous for a PF/C), but maximizes his movement for effectiveness...the man has game, even though he doesn't "look like a basketball player." Mathematics is an exact science and numbers don't lie; look at his numbers...PER, efficiency, and averages...this, I believe, is the compliment for Drummond's game and he fits what SVG wants.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Monroe

Post  Sparma Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:56 pm

Good stuff, Stones. One minor point of disagreement: I think Monroe will be back before the end of the year. It's very much in his interest to show other teams there's nothing to worry about with the knee. My sense is that it's minor injury, that he's mainly guarding against injury. He and his agent would love him to play a game or two at the end of the season to show nothing's amiss, Monroe's even spoken of his expectation of coming back. If he doesn't come back, I'd be inclined to interpret it as SVG not going along with the Monroe/ Falk plan.

Go Stones! wrote:First here is what is wrong:
1. Monroe is as good as gone.  I doubt he will be back before the end of the year.  If he gets injured he will be worthless.  If he plays we may also play ourselves out of a better pick.  I bet someone agreed to have him sit with an "injury".  Tolliver is a great bench player, but NOT a starter.
2. SF is open.  Worst case scenario is that Butler and KCP split time.  Best option is for a stud SF to be signed or signed in the draft.
3.  SG is closed up between KCP and Meeks
4. PG is closed between Jackson, Jennings and Stache.  Jennings could be traded now for a stud PF or SF, but I'd be leery to sign someone coming off an injury.  I bet his stock will be highest around February of next year.
5. Center is a lock but they need to get Anthony resigned.

I predict that SVG will rank only SFs and PFs in the draft.  He will try to get one of each.  I wish that Kevin Love would sign with Detroit, knowing that his shooting skills would match with the run n' gun mentality.  Lebron may ruin him professionally if he doesn't resign quickly with the Cavs.  He may ruin him prior to that...we will see.

I think SVG will get a 4 year college pick like Kaminsky.  His PER is off the charts!  I think he would be a great compliment to Jackson, KCP and Dre.  Add a stud SF and we are set to go!  I like where we are heading.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Where we stand

Post  Go Stones! Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:23 pm

First here is what is wrong:
1. Monroe is as good as gone. I doubt he will be back before the end of the year. If he gets injured he will be worthless. If he plays we may also play ourselves out of a better pick. I bet someone agreed to have him sit with an "injury". Tolliver is a great bench player, but NOT a starter.
2. SF is open. Worst case scenario is that Butler and KCP split time. Best option is for a stud SF to be signed or signed in the draft.
3. SG is closed up between KCP and Meeks
4. PG is closed between Jackson, Jennings and Stache. Jennings could be traded now for a stud PF or SF, but I'd be leery to sign someone coming off an injury. I bet his stock will be highest around February of next year.
5. Center is a lock but they need to get Anthony resigned.

I predict that SVG will rank only SFs and PFs in the draft. He will try to get one of each. I wish that Kevin Love would sign with Detroit, knowing that his shooting skills would match with the run n' gun mentality. Lebron may ruin him professionally if he doesn't resign quickly with the Cavs. He may ruin him prior to that...we will see.

I think SVG will get a 4 year college pick like Kaminsky. His PER is off the charts! I think he would be a great compliment to Jackson, KCP and Dre. Add a stud SF and we are set to go! I like where we are heading.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty What's up, DX?

Post  Sebastian Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:39 am

Yo, DX, I guess that I am not a Frank Kominsky fan. The dude looks awfully slow and robotic to me, but maybe my eyes are lying.

Also, I am not enamored with any of these dudes that are entering the Draft, not a single one, which is why I would be willing to trade OUR pick for a T.J. Warren, a guy who I think can play at this level or another established NBA player. WE don't need anymore kids on OUR roster.

But of course, I could be wrong.

Oh, I wished that I knew why stubborn ass, Head Coach Stan is not playing Quincy Miller. You would think that since GM Stan has conditionally signed the guy until next season that he would at least let the guy get on the damn floor.

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:more Andrea Bargnani than Nikola Mirotić in my most humble opinion and I hope like hell that GM Stan does not draft him.
Was this something that you'd care to elaborate more on, or are you just against the idea of Kaminsky being given the chance to replace the Moose? There's talk about him not being the rebounder Monroe is, but Monroe is not the rebounder Drummond is and he only averages a couple of points more, whereas Kaminsky's offensive game is more diverse than Monroe's (inside/outside and driving to the basket) so the rebounding difference won't matter that much in the grand scheme of things. We need a starting, 25-30 minute a night, PF in the worst way, hell we need a pair of starting forwards!

"Sebastian, I'm surprised at you for suggesting we trade our first round pick for T.J. Warren when a S&T for Moose (if they wanted him for his asking price) would get that done....what happened to your support of Quincy Miller? Miller and Warren would easily answer or SF problem; better than what we stumbled through this season with." This is a question I posed to you sometime ago, about a pair of SF prospects, we shared a mutual interest in, but no response....was it something I said? No matter how they're played, they are head and shoulders above what Singler, Butler, and Prince (as the major SF's who ate up the clock this year) brought to the table. Miller/Warren=Warren/Miller, just get Warren and play 'em!

Last edited by Sebastian on Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Frank Kominsky is...

Post  deusXango Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:03 am

Sebastian wrote:more Andrea Bargnani than Nikola Mirotić in my most humble opinion and I hope like hell that GM Stan does not draft him.
Was this something that you'd care to elaborate more on, or are you just against the idea of Kaminsky being given the chance to replace the Moose? There's talk about him not being the rebounder Monroe is, but Monroe is not the rebounder Drummond is and he only averages a couple of points more, whereas Kaminsky's offensive game is more diverse than Monroe's (inside/outside and driving to the basket) so the rebounding difference won't matter that much in the grand scheme of things. We need a starting, 25-30 minute a night, PF in the worst way, hell we need a pair of starting forwards!

"Sebastian, I'm surprised at you for suggesting we trade our first round pick for T.J. Warren when a S&T for Moose (if they wanted him for his asking price) would get that done....what happened to your support of Quincy Miller? Miller and Warren would easily answer or SF problem; better than what we stumbled through this season with." This is a question I posed to you sometime ago, about a pair of SF prospects, we shared a mutual interest in, but no response....was it something I said? No matter how they're played, they are head and shoulders above what Singler, Butler, and Prince (as the major SF's who ate up the clock this year) brought to the table. Miller/Warren=Warren/Miller, just get Warren and play 'em!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 12 Empty Two players I hope our fearless leader Stan Van Gundy does not select with our number one pick

Post  cool breeze Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:49 am

MARIO HEZONJA plays small forward is is listed high on many draft boards. But the inside story is that this guy is not a complete basketball player at all. He is very inconsistent as a shooter. My worst fear is that Van Gundy would pick him if Johnson is gone.

KRISTAPS PROZINGIS is the Latvian 7 footer who only weighs 220 pounds. He has good stats in Euro ball. I only hope that Stan Van Gundy has knowledge of Joe Dumars biggest mistake of drafting Darko. If some big man who is playing on a great team in next weeks Final 4 is available and Stan selects this guy, then all hope is lost.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:33 am

Oracle wrote:"People like to say that Pope is a lock down defender. that simply is not true." - Don

Who says that? I can't think of anybody that says that or believes it, it's ridiculous!

KCP is a good defender, not a great one, but he has the tools to be great defensively, but excuse him if he's not the best SG in the league in his 2nd year, sorry he couldn't get there faster for you guys lol lol lol

Seriously Don, don't listen to Wise on this, if he applied half of his crazy stuff to Burke or Josh, they'd both be run out of town on a rail!

Every young player has a sh!t load of work to do to get where they're more consistent and pay closer attention to detail... it's called growth and maturity, and it's slow! It ain't college ball, they're two different animals, and the only thing they have in common is that they're both called basketball! The devil is in the details!

Wise sits around waiting for a player he wants to bash to have a bad game and he's all over them!

I don't have a problem with calling out the flaws in ANY of the players games, you can sit there and have a field day doing it, the question is one that you constantly pose!

Will they work hard to improve! Van Gundy believes that they can and will, but I guess what does he know!

"Winning meaningless games during the salary drive period of time before the playoffs for bad teams is the most ignorant thing a GM should allow." - Don

IMO, until this recent loss, it would have been worse for Stan to give up if the players hadn't given up, but that's what you expect and want a coach to do!

Having said that, this is where having the coach and the GM be the same person is hurting us! A GM should see the bigger picture! It's not about tanking, you expect them to try to win, but you play the youngsters meaningful minutes, and if they win they win, but you rest your core as much as possible.

I compare this to the NFL Preseason games where the real QB may play one quarter and everybody else gets to finish the game. We need our starters to cut their minutes in half and let Dinwiddie, QM, and others see if they can win! Hell, call up 2 or 3 good prospects from the Drive and get a good look before hitting the FA & trade market for something you may already have... who knows?

Oracle I have heard our homer Piston announcers mention lock down defensive ability several times. I am not down on KCP at all. But I don't think he is good enough or consistent enough to be a starter yet. When our Pistons left for the All Star break, everyone thought that we had a great shot to make the playoffs. But over a long stretch of games it was Pope who became ice cold from the field. His overall shooting percentage for a starting 2 guard is not good enough for him to play for a winning NBA team. But as you said it, Pope should be graduating from college this summer. He is what only 22 years old now? Pope needs to shoot about 5,000 shots and day and that many free throws over the summer to prepare for next fall. We will know a lot more about Pope as he enters his 3rd season. I hope he can kick his game up at least 30% over the summer.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next