Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+9
Sissy1946
Go Stones!
merc
Sebastian
deusXango
Murph
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
13 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Nets game review

Post  Phil-Good Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:56 am

This is what I saw.

1. Drummonds. 3 games. 18 fouls to give. He uses 16 of them in 3 games so far. Drummonds can't stay in the game to have A impact. He gets stupid after stupid foul. Kid has talent but he can't help the Pistons on the bench.

2. Small Forward. We have nobody to man this position. Scoring wise and defense wise. This position will be A season long problem.

3. Shooting. The Pistons have the low post game but no shooting to back it up.

4. Jo Johnson. Give this guy credit. Each team is allowed to carry 15 guys on the roster. That's A total of 30 NBA players. Jo Johnson was the best NBA player out there last night. He was so good, he was the second best player out there as well. Give respect to the guy. He was amazing. He took the win away from Detroit like taking candy from A baby! And he did it in the 4th quarter, when it counted.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Seb/DX, if I'm to be honest...

Post  Oracle Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:48 am

Tonight showed in full effect what you guys were worried about!

Hollins is as good or better than SVG, and he proved it tonight! He zeroed on our 3 greatest weaknesses and he totally exploited them! While all 3 worked, two of them were less effective than the 3rd!

Here's what he did,

1. Foul Drummond early and often: While Andre did make some FT's, on the whole, every missed FT cost us because the Nets kept converting 2 or 3 points to the one we got! Monroe is the only big that can make FT's Josh is the only player that reach Drummond levels on a regular basis.

2. Pack the paint and dare them to shoot: Smart move from Hollins! This move made it difficult for our guards to operate and near impossible for our bigs to get off clean shots! Since we couldn't shoot, they had no reason to spread out their defense, so while we were playing in mud, the final big move by Hollins(#3) sealed the deal.

3. Attack Singler and force us to double: Anybody they put on Singler immediately became the player to go to! Singler was abused regularly, and to stop the bleeding, we had to double. When we doubled, our already defensively challenged team was even more defenseless! Hollings basically spread us out and had his team attack the holes it created. Any time we got close, they tightened up the defense on us and attacked on offense.

We could live with weakness at the SF, but we can't cover up a gaping hole, and Singler alone totally threw the defense into a tailspin. Having said that, it's not Singler's fault that our bigs in particular, and the team in general is defending so poorly!

And it's not Singler's fault that SVG has been getting out coached 3 games in a row, 2 by ex-Pistons(Hollins & Flip), and another by a near rookie coach(Shaw).

I've always said that Singler is only as good as the team around him, but tonight, a better SF would have at least given us a chance to win this one.

IMO, SVG should have used the big 3 in this game(Wise mentioned this), and it was total stupidity not to! The reason is obvious, the big 3 beat the Nets last year like a drum, we owned them!!!

If you can't, as a coach, learn from history, you're going to have a tough road to hoe!

Again, it's early, and as I said SVG hasn't patrolled the sidelines in years, so he's rusty as hell, and for some reason, this team is playing tight, and as Wise said, they look tired! It's on SVG to figure this out, and good coaches do... we're waiting!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty The Gang That Can't Shoot Straight

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:23 pm

This is what SVG held those marathon practices for? I'll be damned if the team doesn't look as if it's worn out before the season really gets started. Not only are we not playing defense, but where is that outside shooting he was supposed to have hired? I know it's not all wrapped up in F@ckin' Jodie Meeks. We can't shoot worth a damn, when it counts, and I apologise to the Moose for anything negative I've had to say about his worth to this team; even with the Moose we barely scored 90 points....we should be holding teams to 90 points!

Jennings showed he has a pair and Monroe seems to be all the way back, but my boy J-Smoove is slow to react to the ball and KCP has yet to shake the rust off from his injury; I can't get my finger on what's up with Drummond, but are y'all satisfied with SVG's coaching decisions thus far? Damn, why can't we make shots?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Wise, good stuff

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Johnson abuses KCP just as easily, backed his ass down and just powered to a hoop!

But KCP isn't really a SF, Singler needs to be able to at least slow them down a bit, we know he can't win against the good ones!

What was unforgivable was letting Williams abuse him anywhere on the court, and that long name scrub!

But as you said, it's not just Singler, we're losing almost every positional battle tonight!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty DX and Oracle

Post  WTF Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Honestly there's not a single position on the team where we can say it doesn't need upgraded in it's current state. But upgrading could either come from replacing a player or that player improving. Example Drummond plays like sh!t but we all hope he eventually get better and quickly I might added because his sh!t is starting to get old.

IMO Singler could be replaced but he's not the issue just simply one of the issues. Based on the first 3 games thus far I could trade the whole team and fire the coach tb
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Shooting Is Horrendous but...............

Post  WTF Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 pm

The whole team stinks and I'm not sure what's going on with this early shooting slump but the defense is worse.   SVG is struggling to find the right combination on the floor but I almost want to see all three big fellas on the floor because everyone is kicking on Singler ass right now.  I think every Brooklyn player to get in the game has scored on him what the fu@k!!!!!

Drummond can't defend the basket still and Josh seem like he has no energy on defense. SVG needs to put KCP on Joe Johnson, if there was ever a time to go back to Josh, Moose and Andre in the lineup together it's this game.  A little zone defense won't hurt either.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty OMG...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:37 pm

We can look really bad!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Oops...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:35 pm

Pull within 3, and quickly down by 11!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Nice mini Piston run...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Keyed by Singler calling for the ball and making a 3!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Coaching...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Hollins puts in Jack, SVG counters with both Jennings and Augustin.

Hollins counters taking Jack out, SVG brings back Singler for Jennings!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Goodwill

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:23 pm

FORUM - Page 21 FevwPhcI_normal Vincent Goodwill @vgoodwill
Follow
Drummond and Smith both bad on defense. Muy Mal
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Ok Williams just scored 6 straight points with Singler guarding him, but..

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Our biggest problem is the same old problem... we can't shoot for SH!T!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Starters...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:14 pm

IMO, SVG is going to have to take a good look at these dudes!

No fire or something, I can't figure it out. Drummond & KCP seem out of rhythm, as Wise said, Josh seems slow and uncoordinated, and Singler has been ineffective! I can see why Jennings is having a hard time getting on track!

OMG, they're attacking Singler using guys with 20 letter names lol !
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Dx

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:04 pm

Please address the points made to your points, and then maybe you see what I'm saying to you!

I know you want to avoid the statements you made, but if you don't do that, you're arguing with yourself!

I address what you say, can we stick to that?

BTW, this game is one in which Singler is going to get his ass handed to him(Johnson is just too good), if you're watching the game, that is the least of the problems so far in the 1st!

So if you don't want to address what YOU said, I yield!

BTW, Singler is not "my boy"! I do this for any Piston, but I do like guys that really work hard and make it even when they are less talented. You seeing Singler as my boy, really shows the bias you have. That's something you have to deal with!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Oracle, I don't hate and I'm not missing the point, I just can't make one.

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:31 pm

"BTW, it makes even less sense when you're trying to replace a proven player with an unproven scrub off of the waiver wire!"-Oracle

I clearly stated my suggestion of replacing 2 unproven players (Mitchell and Datome) with a player ("scrub" in your opinion) off of the waiver wire....to see it any other way is what I call "intentionally missing the point." I also stated I was for keeping Singler and Butler, how in the world you interpreted that as hating Singler is beyond me. I'd simply rather have Singler, Butler, and Miller as our primary SF's and don't see anything wrong with that. This "scrub" you're demeaning (yeah you are) only blemish is he was waived by Denver; the last I checked, Denver just kicked our ass and their SF's had their way with ours....all the way to their 3rd string SF, Alonzo Gee.

If your best defense for your boy is based on challenges and direct attacks instead of stating actual facts about whatever player (Singler of Miller) I'm going to yield; you win. I will say this in defense of common sense; if PG or PF is our teams weak link, I'm not going to ignore the importance of upgrading that position because the team can upgrade every position, I'm going to focus on the weakest link!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty DX, are you intentionally missing the point or do you just hate Singler?

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:25 pm

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:Singler again... seriously?
Damn right.

No, you're not bashing Singler, just fixated on one player as the problem for this team.
Never said he was "the problem," just that we can do better and the opportunity is presented now.

You guys are like somebody on the Titanic wanting to use coffee cups to get the water out... that isn't the problem!!!
Comedy relief? Good, it was getting tight in here. Dumping 2 unused players (with no promise) to go with 3 useful players is not equal to the Titanic.

How you can look at these first 2 games and zone in on Singler is baffling, and now Seb is calling him translucent?
When a 34 year old puts on a performance in one half that the starter hasn't done in his career (college or pro) it's time to look at that seriously. That 34 year old was on the floor because the starter sucked for 2 games!

Translucent? Is that a technical term that affects the rotation of the basketball at certain latitudes?
Translucent: Transmitting light but causing sufficient diffusion to eliminate perception of distinct images. Seb's highbrow way of saying "smoke & mirrors," I'll say bullsh!tting and getting away with it. - BTW, neither smoke or mirrors are translucent, and your interpretation of Seb's remark is weak at best!

Come on guys, this is getting silly.
What's life all about without a little high jinks and humor from time to time?

Oracle, what do you have against upgrading the SF position? Isn't this about fielding the best team possible in the interest of contending?

Ok DX, tell me where is the pain? Here you go making statements that you simply either haven't thought through and won't apply to ANYONE else except Singler!

1. Show me the player on this team that has EVER had the performance Butler put on!!! Come on show me and I'll back all the way off on that player, but on the others, I want to see you calling for the exact same thing!

2. Which positions do you feel that we don't need to upgrade? We all recognize that SF is our weakest position, but if you're watching, oh say for the last few years, that's not the position keeping us out of the playoffs!

No matter how many times we say this, you keep going back to the same old stuff! Nobody's opposed to upgrading any position, the question is one of doing the logical things to make that happen.

It makes no sense to START with the position that has the LEAST impact on our ability to win, but somehow that's the position you you zone in on and it makes no sense!

BTW, it makes even less sense when you're trying to replace a proven player with an unproven scrub off of the waiver wire!

EDIT: Here is a challenge! Try to find one single credible source that even comes close to saying... "If the Pistons only had a better SF... life would be better"! I'll save you the time, you won't find it, because any on the napkin analysis, or even one on toilet paper would lead you in plenty of other directions before you ever got to the SF position.

Having said that, I do understand that the SF position in the east is populated by some of the best, if not the best in the NBA! So I don't think you're crazy for worrying, I just think we have bigger issues to address!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Oracle

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Oracle wrote:Singler again... seriously?
Damn right.

No, you're not bashing Singler, just fixated on one player as the problem for this team.
Never said he was "the problem," just that we can do better and the opportunity is presented now.

You guys are like somebody on the Titanic wanting to use coffee cups to get the water out... that isn't the problem!!!
Comedy relief? Good, it was getting tight in here. Dumping 2 unused players (with no promise) to go with 3 useful players is not equal to the Titanic.

How you can look at these first 2 games and zone in on Singler is baffling, and now Seb is calling him translucent?
When a 34 year old puts on a performance in one half that the starter hasn't done in his career (college or pro) it's time to look at that seriously. That 34 year old was on the floor because the starter sucked for 2 games!

Translucent? Is that a technical term that affects the rotation of the basketball at certain latitudes?
Translucent: Transmitting light but causing sufficient diffusion to eliminate perception of distinct images. Seb's highbrow way of saying "smoke & mirrors," I'll say bullsh!tting and getting away with it.

What's life all about without a little high jinks and humor from time to time?

Oracle, what do you have against upgrading the SF position? Isn't this about fielding the best team possible in the interest of contending?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty What 'chu talking about Willis?

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:13 pm

"A great player does whatever he can to win. He comes off the bench to get wins even though he’s been a starter all his career.

Remember Antonio McDyess or Mark Aguirre? Two All-Stars that decided they wanted to win! Despite each player starting all their career they took a bench position to try to win Championships."
-Quote from Need4Sheed

I'm given to understand that on the Moose's return tonight, he'll be coming off the bench, but this quote is not directed at Monroe. It's Jennings! What's going to happen when/if SVG decides that Monroe and Smith are the best fitting duo to start? Stay tuned folks.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Seb & DX

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Singler again... seriously?

Oracle wrote:For the record, I do think Miller is a better prospect that Mitchell and possibly Datome, but he obviously isn't starter material yet. But to suggest that SVG or anyone else fears competition at the SF position is crazy! Try to expand your reasoning a bit more, there are more basketball reasons, like recovery from surgery, what Denver has to say, defense, etc.

Last edited by Oracle on Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Twitter Fire...

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:05 pm

FORUM - Page 21 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois  @Keith_Langlois
Follow
SVG on whether Monroe off the bench is a short-term plan:"Everything right now is a short-term plan. We're oh-and-two."

Talk about mixed messages...
FORUM - Page 21 FevwPhcI_normal Vincent Goodwill @vgoodwill
Follow
Van Gundy said he wants Jennings to be more aggressive offensive, attacking and getting into the paint. Said that didn't happen first 2 gms
FORUM - Page 21 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois  @Keith_Langlois
Follow
SVG talked with @BrandonJennings today. Thinks he's too conscious of getting others involved. Wants him attacking paint more.

As I said, he's doing what they want him to do, but because everyone else can't score, they want him to change, but guess what? When he does that they'll want the opposite. Jennings will have to try to find a balance himself.

SVG wakes up? I agree with him, but when I say that some get on my case!
FORUM - Page 21 Klanglois_100_normal Keith Langlois @Keith_Langlois
Follow
SVG: "From an X and O standpoint, particularly at the offensive end of the floor, I don't think I've done a great job so far."
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Quincy Miller update

Post  deusXango Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Sebastian, you keep coming with those updates and eventually fans will begin to sober up and see how dire our situation is with the SF spot. I know youth, skills, and length trumps whatever one may think we have going with our current collection of SF candidates.

Sure Butler went off the other night and it was a thing of beauty watching him shoot the Pistons back into the game, but the question in my mind is, when in his professional career (foreign or domestic) has Singler ever put on a performance close to that for his team? Butler is old so you don't expect him to be involved in many fast breaks, but there he was, out on the floor, making himself available for the ball to shoot; I don't see Singler out on breaks, filling a lane, on his young legs and that consistent isolating himself in the corner behind the 3 line irks the sh!t out of me....he's basically out of most offensive plays and in no position to help on the offensive boards. That's using his head. On this fragmented, freewheeling team, where's the evidence of him being a "glue guy?" He's an 8th or 9th man off the bench, plain and simple!!!

I'm not bashing Singler, just trying to get things in true perspective, he's a valuable member of the Pistons and so is Butler, but it's high time to stop playing our players out of position and not being played in the proper spot of the rotation is playing out of position. Keep both Singler and Butler. Mitchell has shown nothing positive since he's been a Piston and Datome is treated like dog sh!t so why are we holding on to them? WHY?! Trade or outright dump them and sign Miller; two for one in terms of roster spots is a win in itself and Miller's shown more promise than both Mitchell and Datome. Is SVG and the Singler accolades afraid of the competition Miller would bring, not to mention how that may impact a contract year efforts.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Quincy Miller update

Post  Sebastian Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:41 am

As if my Pistons Pals really wanted or needed a Quincy Miller update. There are teams interested in this kids services. The Lakers, Rockets, and Pacers are the teams currently interested in his economically-priced services.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/235418/Lakers-Among-Teams-Interested-In-Quincy-Miller

Of course WE are not one of those teams, as WE are perfectly straight with the translucent Kyle Singler, "Keep Cashing Them Checks Butler", and Cartier Martin. No, WE don't have any use for an actual starting SF. And, yes I know Caron Butler went off in the 2nd half of the Timberwolves game, but WE can't count on those types of performances occuring very many nights and again, I ask the question who do WE have that can consistently guard the position and who on OUR roster demands that the opposing starting SF consumes himself with who WE have at the position. Look at this way, it is an easier night for the opposing starting SF whenever he plays the Pistons.

The Will B. for Joel Anthony Trade can't be the only transaction that GM Stan and Bowers thinks need to be made.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Dr. Basketball

Post  Sebastian Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:23 am

Fennis Dembo wrote:Good Evening, I'm Dr. Basketball and I'm here to answer all of your roundball questions. I am all knowing and infallible when it comes to the noble game of cage.

Question #1:  Why are you called Dr. Basketball?
The names Dr. J and Doc Rivers were already being used.

Question #2: Why is Brandon Jennings upset?
He is angry because he doesn't know what a point guard is supposed to do.  Especially one that makes millions of dollars, but plays like he should be getting the minimum per hour wage.

Question #3:  What's the solution?
He should be watching and learning from Magic Johnson's video "Pass First, Shoot Second, and Always Wear a Rubber".

Question #4:  Why can't the Pistons' big guys play defense?
Defense is a state of mind.  They need to meditate with the Maharishi Yogi.  They have to study transcendental meditation with the guru.   They have to visualize D-fence and say "May the force be with us".  If that doesn't work,  just pretend they are NFL linebackers blitzing the hell out of the quarterback.

Question #5:  How is Josh Smith adjusting to playing the power forward position?
It's sort of like an infant adjusting to solid food.  The end result has been on the stinky side.

Question #6: What can be done to improve the foul shooting?
Shame them.  Tell them Rick Barry shot underhand like a girl and hit 90% of his shots and Calvin Murphy was shorter than Gary Coleman and  he also hit 90% of his free throws.  Also when a free throw is missed all the other members of the team should shake their heads no and hold their noses in disgust. Negative reinforcement can be a powerful  tool.

Question #7:  The field goal shooting has not been very good, has it?
It is, what it is.

Question #8:  What does that mean?
They are totally screwed and there is not a freakin' thing they can do about it.

Thank you, Dr. Basketball for your invaluable wisdom.
You are entirely welcome.  It's only two games into the season. By Thanksgiving the entire organization should be in full panic mode and I'll be here to offer my pearls of wisdom and save the franchise.

The good doctor may very well need to make a house call at the Palace. Fennis does it again. lol!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty The greatest Doctors come from DETROIT!!!!

Post  Oracle Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:31 am

We welcome you Dr. Basketball, that was some funny sh!t lol lol lol lol

You have just joined the club and became another GREAT Doctor from the Detroit area!

We welcome you even from the grave! Here are the Doctors you join!!!

The late great Dr. Jack Kevorkian! Many a patient died laughing under his care!

However, the greatest Doctor is know the world over and is feared everywhere his name is invoked!

Doctor Detroit, the man from Michigan, the fiend from Wayne County himself... Bow in his presence you peasants!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Dr. Basketball to the Rescue

Post  Fennis Dembo Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:57 pm

Good Evening, I'm Dr. Basketball and I'm here to answer all of your roundball questions. I am all knowing and infallible when it comes to the noble game of cage.

Question #1:  Why are you called Dr. Basketball?
The names Dr. J and Doc Rivers were already being used.

Question #2: Why is Brandon Jennings upset?
He is angry because he doesn't know what a point guard is supposed to do.  Especially one that makes millions of dollars, but plays like he should be getting the minimum per hour wage.

Question #3:  What's the solution?
He should be watching and learning from Magic Johnson's video "Pass First, Shoot Second, and Always Wear a Rubber".

Question #4:  Why can't the Pistons' big guys play defense?
Defense is a state of mind.  They need to meditate with the Maharishi Yogi.  They have to study transcendental meditation with the guru.   They have to visualize D-fence and say "May the force be with us".  If that doesn't work,  just pretend they are NFL linebackers blitzing the hell out of the quarterback.

Question #5:  How is Josh Smith adjusting to playing the power forward position?
It's sort of like an infant adjusting to solid food.  The end result has been on the stinky side.

Question #6: What can be done to improve the foul shooting?
Shame them.  Tell them Rick Barry shot underhand like a girl and hit 90% of his shots and Calvin Murphy was shorter than Gary Coleman and  he also hit 90% of his free throws.  Also when a free throw is missed all the other members of the team should shake their heads no and hold their noses in disgust. Negative reinforcement can be a powerful  tool.

Question #7:  The field goal shooting has not been very good, has it?
It is, what it is.

Question #8:  What does that mean?
They are totally screwed and there is not a freakin' thing they can do about it.

Thank you, Dr. Basketball for your invaluable wisdom.
You are entirely welcome.  It's only two games into the season. By Thanksgiving the entire organization should be in full panic mode and I'll be here to offer my pearls of wisdom and save the franchise.

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next