Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
Sparma
WTF
lemonpen
Murph
Oracle
Go Stones!
12 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Question about Monroe

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:25 am

Sparma wrote:Clearly I think more highly of Monroe than you do, Wise, but I'd be genuinely interested in your response to a question inspired by a comment at detnews.  Someone wrote in saying something like: aside from Drummond, we haven't seen the likes of Monroe for ages.

My question is: which Pistons would you rank as equal or higher in short or long term value than Monroe during the lean years, since last making the conference finals (i.e., not including the holdovers from the great teams).  I mean based on their production as Pistons players, excluding someone like AI.

I'd only rank AD above Monroe in long term value.  I take you'd choose Josh Smith over Monroe, at least in the short term.  In a strange choice, I'd pick Calderon as being on par, in the short term.

So my list consists of AD as superior to Monroe in long term value and Calderon as roughly equal in short term value.

What's your view?  I'd be curious to hear from others too as to how they'd rank Monroe's value compared to other Pistons during the lean years.

Brian Williams aka Bison Dele is the past Piston closest to Monroe IMHO.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty RE

Post  Phil-Good Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 am

"Augustin, 26, is coming off a resurgent season with the Bulls. He excelled off the bench in scoring 14.9 points per game and shot 41.1% from the three-point line"

WOW! Those are really good numbers! I did not know he played that well in Chicago.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Faulk is doing what A good agent should do. hold out for A Max offer

Post  Phil-Good Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:16 am

Faulk is waiting to see if the Lakers or some other team who could not land anybody will offer him A max contract. That's it. It's that simple. N.O is out. Washington is out. Atl still has some money..etc.

We will see
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Question about Monroe/ Wise

Post  Sparma Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 am

Clearly I think more highly of Monroe than you do, Wise, but I'd be genuinely interested in your response to a question inspired by a comment at detnews. Someone wrote in saying something like: aside from Drummond, we haven't seen the likes of Monroe for ages.

My question is: which Pistons would you rank as equal or higher in short or long term value than Monroe during the lean years, since last making the conference finals (i.e., not including the holdovers from the great teams). I mean based on their production as Pistons players, excluding someone like AI.

I'd only rank AD above Monroe in long term value. I take you'd choose Josh Smith over Monroe, at least in the short term. In a strange choice, I'd pick Calderon as being on par, in the short term.

So my list consists of AD as superior to Monroe in long term value and Calderon as roughly equal in short term value.

What's your view? I'd be curious to hear from others too as to how they'd rank Monroe's value compared to other Pistons during the lean years.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty We got tougher, smarter, better and, IMO, more Josh team oriented.

Post  Oracle Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:08 am

Augustin, while small like Jennings, is a much tougher, smarter and more skilled player! I wish he was bigger, but IMO, this is our new starting PG!

Butler, IMO, means that Singler is the sure starter at SF, with Butler getting plenty of minutes, but less minutes than Singler!

This team is shaping up, and this is just my opinion, as a team more tuned to Josh Smith's talents than Monroe's!

I'm liking what's happening, now we need to get Monroe either signed or moved, but heads are going to roll!

We don't need Bynum, Mitchell or Datome at all, and others are on the bubble!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Or It Could Be Josh.......

Post  WTF Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:58 pm

On the way out but I don't think SVG is willing to do that.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Caron Butler Too

Post  WTF Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:40 pm

Go Stones! wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:are you hating DJ Augustine signing as well?  lol This tells me that not only is Siva doomed so is Bynum and he just might put pressure on Jennings ass to play better.

I have a sneaky got gut feeling that Portland and the Pistons will announce a sign and trade sending Moose, Mitchell and Bynum to Portland for Batum and Lopez. Just my gut feeling I don't think this a dead deal.......

The question is if he can get him.  Monroe and monobrow would be good together.

Anderson would be a good addition but I think we can do better.  

Sebastian SVG just signed Caron Butler to a 1year deal after signing Augustin sound like some house cleaning is in the making. Could it be Bynum, Siva, Mitchell, Monroe, JJ, Datome are all on their collective way out the door  tb  Got to Love It Stan Da Man!

But Caron kind of kill any hope for Batum unless Singler on his way out as well. I like both signings Butler and Augustin and wouldn't mind starting Caron at SF because he can shoot the rock.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty SVG wants Ryan Anderson

Post  Go Stones! Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:28 pm

WISEFAN wrote:are you hating DJ Augustine signing as well?  lol This tells me that not only is Siva doomed so is Bynum and he just might put pressure on Jennings ass to play better.

I have a sneaky got gut feeling that Portland and the Pistons will announce a sign and trade sending Moose, Mitchell and Bynum to Portland for Batum and Lopez. Just my gut feeling I don't think this a dead deal.......

The question is if he can get him. Monroe and monobrow would be good together.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Sebastian

Post  WTF Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:15 pm

are you hating DJ Augustine signing as well?  lol This tells me that not only is Siva doomed so is Bynum and he just might put pressure on Jennings ass to play better.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Screw Moose

Post  WTF Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Pistons need to take that 5yr 60 million off the table and let the chips fall where they may. If team extend him a offer and he signs it then match it because as long as his ass don't won't to be here the cards are in the Pistons hand. If I was SVG I would put that QO back on the table because this is some dumb **** period to be dealing with.

I sided with the owners during the CBA talks, and some team sooner or later has to stand up to marginal ass players like Monroe, There wasn't anything special about his numbers last season or any other freakin season that this organization and it's fans should be wowed by. Anybody demanding something for nothing which is what his punk ass and his agent is doing has character flaws beyond his lazy ass tendencies cry baby diva attitude. You all know I hate his bitch ass anyway and wouldn't miss him if he was gone. You all keep talking about value when he ain't worth a piece of sh!t there are a ton of guys producing at the clip he is and or far more impactful to their team. We wouldn't miss his punk ass if we played 4 on 5 every game.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty More Monroe

Post  Sparma Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:40 pm

A sign-and-trade looks most probable to me this summer, Stones, so that the cap situation of a team might be less of a factor than their needs at center and what they might have to offer.

Phoenix looks like a likely fit to me at this point. The Heat, the Knicks, and the Lakers have plenty of need at center, but it's hard to see what they could offer. Would Lin, the Nash contract, and Randle work now from the Lakers? Lot's of possibilities, which is partly why I think this is going to take a while. It won't be as simple as Monroe accepting an offer from another team (because then we could match, removing his leverage), unless it's an outrageously good one.

Go Stones! wrote:Let's put our heads together and figure this out:

What team has money to throw around because they missed out?  

Knicks = Melo
Cavs = Lebron et al
Washington = Pierce/Gortat
Heat = Deng/Granger/Bosh/presumed Wade
Utah = ?
Bulls = Gasol
Charlotte = ?
Dallas = Parsons, Stephenson?
Golden State = ?
Phoenix = I.Thomas
Memphis = Zak Randolph
Houston = Ariza
New Orleans = Asik
Indy = Stephenson?
Lakers = Lin

Hawks got nothing...
What about Cleveland if they miss out on Love?  Will they grab Monroe instead in sign and trade (despite them not giving anything up...still don't get that).

Who else?  

Help me fill in the blanks to see who has money and who may need a starting PF/C.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Help me out...

Post  Go Stones! Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Let's put our heads together and figure this out:

What team has money to throw around because they missed out?

Knicks = Melo
Cavs = Lebron et al
Washington = Pierce/Gortat
Heat = Deng/Granger/Bosh/presumed Wade
Utah = ?
Bulls = Gasol
Charlotte = ?
Dallas = Parsons, Stephenson?
Golden State = ?
Phoenix = I.Thomas
Memphis = Zak Randolph
Houston = Ariza
New Orleans = Asik
Indy = Stephenson?
Lakers = Lin

Hawks got nothing...
What about Cleveland if they miss out on Love? Will they grab Monroe instead in sign and trade (despite them not giving anything up...still don't get that).

Who else?

Help me fill in the blanks to see who has money and who may need a starting PF/C.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Dueling Predictions on Monroe

Post  Sparma Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:43 pm

Chris Sheridan writes on July 13, i.e., today: "Aside from Stephenson, Greg Monroe, Eric Bledsoe and Chris Andersen remain unsigned and uncommitted, and it would be a major surprise for Monday to pass without all four of those names coming off the “what will he do?” list."

(Read more at http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/13/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-13-edition-dominoes-have).

No way, Chris.  Or: get prepared for a "major surprise."

By contrast, I'd be majorly surprised if the Monroe situation gets to the point tomorrow (Monday) where we'd know what Monroe will do.

That's not the same as me being surprised by a purported offer or a more realistic Pistons overture.  That could well happen.  But the stand off between Falk and SVG is too complex to be resolved, even resolved in principle, by tomorrow. So we're not going to know what Monroe will do tomorrow.

I've now made a bet without stakes in cyberspace with a guy who has no idea who I am!??
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty What to do with B. Jennings?

Post  Sebastian Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:10 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
Sebastian wrote:I will admit that I have been very critical of the decisions that Stan Van Gundy have made every since Draft Night. I will continue to do so, until he begins to make sensible moves.

Here's one that he should consider that I am offering free of charge.

Move Wil B. to the Bulls for Tony Snell. The Bulls are in need of a back-up PG. Wil B. has a very transferable contract ($3.1 million/final year). Bynum is a Chicago hero and would be matched with his homeboy, D. Rose.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6485281

Tony Snell is a very good young player, who is on his rookie contract and could play real minutes at the SF position, hell maybe even start at the position. Snell may be available, as the Bulls have McDermott and the Spanish kid (Mirotic) that are sure to consume minutes that Snell played, last season.

SVG would have to be a little creative, like taking back a salary (Mike James) that can waived when the trade papers are signed.

SVG get your damn pimp game on, man! Because up to now, you have been the bitch who better have my money.

Yo, DX, not trying to take any credit, necessarily, but the idea to offer Wil B. to the Bulls for Tony Snell was a suggestion that I am wishing stubborn ass, SVG, would consider.

Like, I said in the related post: Stan Van Gundy needs stop being the bitch and start being the pimp!

"I forget who mentioned it earlier today that a Bynum for Snell trade would work out great for both teams but, the sticking point is Thibs is a lot like you Don, he don't want any lazy, half assed defenders on his team and that's what Bynum is. Was it you Sebastian?"-DX

Sebastian, you can blame it on the consequences of an exciting but, misspent youth; sh!t gets fuzzy sometimes. I am on board with you on this 100%....I hope one of the "Borg's" from SVG's "hive mind" is listening to us. The question then becomes, WTF do we do with Jennings?

There may be two destinations, where B. Jennings can be shipped.

1- Sacramento Kings: After the lost of Isiah Thomas to the Suns, the Kings are in need of a PG. Yes, they have Ray McCallum, Jr., but he's the only PG on their roster. Jennings would be cheaper than Thomas has become with only two years remaining on his contract. His contract becomes more portable, next season, in his final year. Update: I forgot about the Darren Collison signing.

2- Truth be told, the Pacers need a scoring PG. Jennings contract could probably be inserted into their cap without damaging it too severely.

Last edited by Sebastian on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Credit where credit is due is deserved

Post  deusXango Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:41 pm

Sebastian wrote:
Sebastian wrote:I will admit that I have been very critical of the decisions that Stan Van Gundy have made every since Draft Night. I will continue to do so, until he begins to make sensible moves.

Move Wil B. to the Bulls for Tony Snell. The Bulls are in need of a back-up PG. Wil B. has a very transferable contract ($3.1 million/final year). Bynum is a Chicago hero and would be matched with his homeboy, D. Rose.

Tony Snell is a very good young player, who is on his rookie contract and could play real minutes at the SF position, hell maybe even start at the position. Snell may be available, as the Bulls have McDermott and the Spanish kid (Mirotic) that are sure to consume minutes that Snell played, last season.

SVG would have to be a little creative, like taking back a salary (Mike James) that can waived when the trade papers are signed.

SVG get your damn pimp game on, man! Because up to now, you have been the bitch who better have my money.

Yo, DX, not trying to take any credit, necessarily, but the idea to offer Wil B. to the Bulls for Tony Snell was a suggestion that I am wishing stubborn ass, SVG, would consider.

Like, I said in the related post: Stan Van Gundy needs stop being the bitch and start being the pimp!

"I forget who mentioned it earlier today that a Bynum for Snell trade would work out great for both teams but, the sticking point is Thibs is a lot like you Don, he don't want any lazy, half assed defenders on his team and that's what Bynum is. Was it you Sebastian?"-DX

Sebastian, you can blame it on the consequences of an exciting but, misspent youth; sh!t gets fuzzy sometimes. I am on board with you on this 100%....I hope one of the "Borg's" from SVG's "hive mind" is listening to us. The question then becomes, WTF do we do with Jennings?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty FORUM

Post  Sebastian Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:13 pm

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 40 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40