Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
Sparma
WTF
lemonpen
Murph
Oracle
Go Stones!
12 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty More Monroe Update.....

Post  WTF Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:38 pm

I still don't like him  tb 

Stan it's not nervousness it's the just ails of anticipation and wanting to get this sh!t done and over with either way as soon as possible so you can move on to the business of meaningful sh!t like cutting nose hairs.  If I were you I wouldn't pull that long term deal off the table and let his punk ass sign his qualifying offer and then use that cap space on a real f@cking player and not waste your time on this pussy.

Reality has set in with Moose and Falk that he really isn't all that and a bag of chips. He doesn't have an offer beyond his QO and the long term deal you placed in front of him.  Right now the only one selling him hype is his agent because many teams have moved on and his value is in a decline so much that you can have him for less than what your offering at this point it would be reduced to 3yr 30 million by the time his ass come to his senses and reality kicks in further.

SCREW MOOSE!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Singler gets no respect

Post  WTF Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:17 pm

Yes he does Don, just not as much as you think he deserves getting. None us of call Singler a bad player but he's no more deserving to start at SF as Butler but if it was between the 2 of them I would select Butler over him based on experience and leadership these are things Singler doesn't have. Sure Butler is up in age but he still produced 11 points and almost 5 rebounds. No one is screaming Butler should play starter minutes just simply start and yes I rather have veteran leadership in crunch time and the beginning of games.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Monroe Update

Post  Sparma Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:13 pm

David Mayo provides a useful update, essentially stressing the uncertainty which SVG now admits makes him a "little nervous" http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2014/07/greg_monroe_free_agency_makes.html.

It's a few hours early to declare victory over Chris Sheridan and his stupid prediction that it would be a "major surprise" if we didn't know by today what Monroe will do, but I'm going to anyway.  What annoyed me was an NBA insider of major stature (he himself touts the pub he got for being so sure LBJ was going home) being so sloppy about a story of local and, one would think, national interest.  If you follow the details of the situation, as I've done excessively, it's become increasingly clear that there's an uneasy stalemate that will take some time to resolve, likely with overtures and responses that won't be resolved imminently.  

If I'm wrong by midnight, I'll eat the hat I recently bought.  If Sheridan's wrong, he'll go on to proclaim his next scoop.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Charlie Villanueva Internet Star

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Charlie V is online and bigtime.  Charlie Villinueva launches  'Crossroads' Webisodes.  

He is producing eight video episodes.  Supposedly it's about  him being a free agent.  Some of it is unintentionally  funny. It shows him training.  It looks like he is training for the Scottish Highland Games or American Ninja Warrior, or even the Festivus feats of strength,  but not the NBA.  I doubt Kobi and LeBron ever trained like this. His opening shot shows him eating cookies, but no donuts, that fooled me.

He said he is getting a tryout with a Western Conference team.  
I don't feel too sorry for him.  He lives in a mansion.

I have said a lot of nasty things about CV on this site, but on his website there are four comments all insulting him, none of them from me.

You can view this at http://www.slamonline.com/media/slam-tv/charlie-villanueva-launches-crossroads-webisodes-video/

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Singler gets no respect

Post  cool breeze Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Here we go again in the off season there must be a plan to either trade Singler or bring him off the bench. Remember when Prince was in Detroit before the Memphis trade? He liked playing with Singler and recognized Singler knew how to play the right way. While many fans were pissed that he was even drafted in the 2nd round just because he played at Duke, Prince knew the real score. Sure enough, Singler started at the 2 guard position in front of the beloved Rodney Can Do Nothing Wrong In the Off Season Stuckey. Yep, it was Rodney the Potential All Star who came off the bench and did it for the team. Maybe Singler haters believed that nonsense. No the coaching staff trusted Singler for good reason. Then another coaching staff trusted Singler the next season and Singler was the starting small forward although many fans were upset saying he should be coming off the bench. Then for sure once Josh Smith arrived, Singler for sure would be the odd player out because the Big Three would roll on to the playoffs. Last season it was a given that Singler was by far the most important glue player on the Piston team. It didn't take much because all three big men sucked to high heaven. And nobody on the team even tried to play defense but Singler. 

But now of course I knew I would be reading the same stuff. Now the 34 year old journey man C. Butler for sure will be the best small forward since sliced bread. Just plug him into the starting small forward spot now. And although Singler was the best defensive player on last years team and everyone in the league but our fans knew that the Pistons were big losers because there were too many marsh mellow soft defensive pets wearing the Piston uniform, those same fans still want to throw Singler under the bus. I am sure he is reading this stuff and after he has an outstanding season this coming year, I will be the only fan pissed off when he decides to sign elsewhere. Why should he want to come back to be in the insane world of Piston Land. As SVG said in an around about way, sometimes you need to over pay to get players to come to certain places. In the past under Joe Dumars, if you played the right way like Affalo fo example, they don't want you and I recall a lot of fans not being upset when Affalo was given away. Players all know how fans judge Piston players and they don't want to come for good reason. Now players like Jennings who was rejected by his own Bucks team, was extremely happy to move to Detroit. Fans said, good deal that Brandon Jennings was not a point guard anyway. Way to go Joe!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:24 pm

deusXango wrote:IMHO it's going to be a matter of Jennings realizing more than Mo Cheeks has something of value to add to his game, like a winning coach who determines how long he remains on the team.

There were too many games last year where Jennings had double figures in assists in the first half and spent the second half shooting us out of the game, while adding a couple of assists to his game total. WTF was Cheeks telling him about that bi-polar like change of his game, within a game? With the high percentage shooters we have now, Jennings should willingly cut his shot attempts in half, if not be instructed to do so by SVG! If he's got 10 assists and 8 points in the first half, why not push to get another 10 assists and 5-8 points in the second half? There's no shame in those numbers, numbers that would surely have him in the All-Star conversation. He wouldn't be the hero who scored 40 points, going 9-35 from the field and losing, but with 14-20 assists, he'd be the teams leader and floor general in a team win. Can/will SVG sell Jennings on that? Am I lost in the woods with this?  
After all of that, how does SVG address Jennings inept defense. on my rating system, I rank Jennings as the 2nd worst point guard in the NBA with Bynum in 1st place in that category. Joe knows how to pick defensive players for sure. Maybe Joe was watching Jennings one night and thought that he saw how Jennings used his arm to stop dribble penetration and it reminded him of his star shooting guard, Austin Daye. It amazing how we fans got stuck with so many weak ass defensive slugs. My coach always said, show me a weak defensive player and I will show you a selfish self centered person who doesn't care at all about his teammates. You make it all the way to the NBA and cannot play better defense than Daye, Bynum, Jennings, and our star big man, Greg Monroe. Did I leave out Darko and Rodney White? So the league rules changed to punish the hand checkers so politically correct Joe Dumars wanted to be the poster boy for the NBA front office getting the good citizen award for GMs. Joe Dumars has been the worst thing that ever happened to the Detroit Pistons once he arrived at the front office. It was Hammond who put that championship team together with Joe just saying OK OK Ok but I don't want any of our guys causing trouble or getting into any fights when playing defense. You can revolt and miss practice but don't let me see any of our players getting nasty on defense. I am President and I don't want any more negative press talk like we experienced in the Bad Boy era. 

How in hell will SVG ever get rid of Bynum and Jennings before their contracts expire. He will be my hero if he can get that done. Looks like it might be easier to move Monroe off the team. That will make me happy too.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty This is how you talk out of both sides of your face

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:25 pm

"But it keeps popping up so maybe the threat is legitimate this time around. Although he's never said so publicly, Monroe might want to move to a team where he could be the featured scorer on the block playing center as opposed to sharing the spotlight in Detroit with center Andre Drummond and being pushed to power forward.

And the mess that is Josh Smith is real. Stan Van Gundy inherited it and he has to deal with it. Again, not impossible but a significant challenge.

In a perfect world, Van Gundy finds a home for Smith and a lot of this bad blood and mistrust goes away and the Pistons and Monroe hammer out a deal somewhere between the $12 million and $14 million annual salary range."
-Motown String Music

How the hell does dumping Smith solve Monroe's unspoken desire to be the featured offensive center? If we dumped Smith would we then push Drummond to power forward? What's the plan for Monroe not sharing the spotlight with Drummond? I think the thought of overpaying Monroe (a player who doesn't really want to be a Piston) is flat out ridiculous and irresponsibly catering to a b!tch style, weak ass, big man pretender! And that's coming from the local media Stan.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Sebastian

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:52 pm

How about: B. Jennings, Moose, a future 1st round for Rondo and Jeff Green?-Sebastian

Brother, leave Jeff Green the f#ck alone....we got that times 3!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty SVG and Jennings

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:45 pm

IMHO it's going to be a matter of Jennings realizing more than Mo Cheeks has something of value to add to his game, like a winning coach who determines how long he remains on the team.

There were too many games last year where Jennings had double figures in assists in the first half and spent the second half shooting us out of the game, while adding a couple of assists to his game total. WTF was Cheeks telling him about that bi-polar like change of his game, within a game? With the high percentage shooters we have now, Jennings should willingly cut his shot attempts in half, if not be instructed to do so by SVG! If he's got 10 assists and 8 points in the first half, why not push to get another 10 assists and 5-8 points in the second half? There's no shame in those numbers, numbers that would surely have him in the All-Star conversation. He wouldn't be the hero who scored 40 points, going 9-35 from the field and losing, but with 14-20 assists, he'd be the teams leader and floor general in a team win. Can/will SVG sell Jennings on that? Am I lost in the woods with this?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty CTFU!

Post  WTF Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:45 pm

SVG and his fat ass friend, Jeff Bowers, really need to get the Moose piece to puzzle solved. - Sebastian

LMAO!  lol 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Sebastian,  absolutely we need an upgrade at PG, but I'm not that sure we should commit to signing players like Bledsoe, Thomas, to any long term deals until we're able to move Jennings or see how Dinwiddie develops.  I'm hoping things speed up for Dinwiddie because I'm intrigue with having a 6'6 PG so I would love to see KCP and Dinwiddie as starters.

Lemonpen,  that's a great point as well. these are SVG guys and he shouldn't be hamstrung by Joe's leftovers.  Something he's stuck with but there a lot of stuff he can add his own touch.  

Sebastian,  I also think Caron could start and perhaps should.  Here's a question for you and Murph "If we had Caron, Meeks and Augustin starting for us last season  as our PG, SG, and SF with any combination of the Big 3 at the PF and C position would they have made the playoffs?

Yo, Wise, with three back-ups starting at the 1,2, and 3 positions, WE would absolutely have not made the Playoffs with any combination of Josh, Moose, and Dre Drummond as OUR frontline.

Sebastian, I'm shocked my your response considering that all three players are far better shooters.  Would you say we would have maybe won 39-40 games oppose to the 29 games last season?  You know coaching and chemistry along with bad shooting were big issues so let me ask the same question again by adding coaching into the mix. Do you think that with Augustin starting at PG, Meeks starting at the SG and Butler at the SF with any combination of the Big 3 and SVG coaching could we have made the playoffs?

F@ckin Jodie Meeks is not a starter and neither is damn near, broke down Caron Butler. lol 

And, like I said in an earlier post, D. J. Augustin did a hell of a job, as a starter for the Bulls, but I would be less than comfortable having him as a starter, too, (he's just too damn short).

The key to making this roster work and being competitive is the decision that involves Moose's situation.

SVG and his fat ass friend, Jeff Bowers, really need to get the Moose piece to puzzle solved.

But, again, I am sold on D.J. Augustin,  F@ckin Jodie Meeks, and Caron Butler serving as back-ups, especially if WE are able to flip B. Jennings and Moose into a very good starting PG (i.e. Rondo) and SF (i.e. Jeff Green).

How about: B. Jennings, Moose, a future 1st round for Rondo and Jeff Green?
Celtic Nation would string up Ainge, but I'm in for a good fleecing.  hehe 
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Wise ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:18 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Sebastian,  absolutely we need an upgrade at PG, but I'm not that sure we should commit to signing players like Bledsoe, Thomas, to any long term deals until we're able to move Jennings or see how Dinwiddie develops.  I'm hoping things speed up for Dinwiddie because I'm intrigue with having a 6'6 PG so I would love to see KCP and Dinwiddie as starters.

Lemonpen,  that's a great point as well. these are SVG guys and he shouldn't be hamstrung by Joe's leftovers.  Something he's stuck with but there a lot of stuff he can add his own touch.  

Sebastian,  I also think Caron could start and perhaps should.  Here's a question for you and Murph "If we had Caron, Meeks and Augustin starting for us last season  as our PG, SG, and SF with any combination of the Big 3 at the PF and C position would they have made the playoffs?

Yo, Wise, with three back-ups starting at the 1,2, and 3 positions, WE would absolutely have not made the Playoffs with any combination of Josh, Moose, and Dre Drummond as OUR frontline.

Sebastian, I'm shocked my your response considering that all three players are far better shooters.  Would you say we would have maybe won 39-40 games oppose to the 29 games last season?  You know coaching and chemistry along with bad shooting were big issues so let me ask the same question again by adding coaching into the mix. Do you think that with Augustin starting at PG, Meeks starting at the SG and Butler at the SF with any combination of the Big 3 and SVG coaching could we have made the playoffs?

F@ckin Jodie Meeks is not a starter and neither is damn near, broke down Caron Butler. lol 

And, like I said in an earlier post, D. J. Augustin did a hell of a job, as a starter for the Bulls, but I would be less than comfortable having him as a starter, too, (he's just too damn short).

The key to making this roster work and being competitive is the decision that involves Moose's situation.

SVG and his fat ass friend, Jeff Bowers, really need to get the Moose piece to puzzle solved.

But, again, I am sold on D.J. Augustin,  F@ckin Jodie Meeks, and Caron Butler serving as back-ups, especially if WE are able to flip B. Jennings and Moose into a very good starting PG (i.e. Rondo) and SF (i.e. Jeff Green).

How about: B. Jennings, Moose, a future 1st round for Rondo and Jeff Green?
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Where's The D? It's In The Creativity of the Coach

Post  WTF Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:17 pm

deusXango wrote:
Murph wrote:Another observation about SVG's free agent signees is that they all have a reputation for their lack of defense.

Meeks, Augustin, Butler and Martin are all defensive liabilities.

Is this an indication that SVG does not value defense?  If so, that's going to be a big problem moving forward.

Valid question Murph. I will offer for your learned consideration, Dumars signed players for years that couldn't play defense and those that he drafted that could play "D" were traded away; the difference in these defenseless players is they can shot efficiently, are not selfish ball-hogs, and have high b-ball I.Q.'s. With all the deficiencies Joe's teams had, they were close to winning; I think SVG's team will win!

Flip use to take this same type of players and turn them into a respectable defensive squad, but he did it with KG in the middle, SVG kind of did the same thing in Orlando with Howard so maybe the thinking is Smith and Drummond is enough defensively. Sometimes it more about defensive scheme than it is the individual defense of a the players.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Re-posting Pistons guards

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:13 pm

deusXango wrote:SG: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and F@ckin' Jodie Meeks, a shooter and a scorer, both play better than adequate defense....upgrade over last year.
PG: Payton Siva, the only true floor general who plays PG exclusively, smart, team oriented, and the glue to pacing when needed....upgrade over last year.
Combos: Spencer Dinwiddie and Nick Johnson, both can play PG/SG, are smart, excellent ball handlers and passers....Johnson is an awesome defender and super athlete, Dinwiddie is extremely cagey with the ball, highly efficient scorer, and at 6' 6" a nightmare at the point....upgrade over last year.

Let's see what it takes to obtain Nick Johnson before the world knows just how good this guy is, and let's be cautious with bringing Mr. Dinwiddie back too soon; IMHO they'll be the best of our guards going forward.

Let's not dump Siva and be patient with KCP....let's all pull for F@ckin' Jodie Meeks to be all he can be for us.

I'm going to keep beating this drum, even though we've just signed D.J. Augustin....he can replace Siva in the corps when Mr. Dinwiddie comes back. D.J. was a lottery pick not long ago and professional breeding counts, speaking of breeding, Nick Johnson!!! Go get him!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty He's Pretty Good but.......

Post  WTF Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:08 pm

lemonpen wrote:
The Rockets could have kept Parsons on the final season of his rookie contract, worth just $964,000, but chose to not pick up the option on his contract to maintain the right to match any offer sheet he received. Houston Chronicle

Either the Houston Rockets or the Dallas Mavericks were going to pay him $46 million over the next three years, and with the Rockets choosing not to match the Maverick's offer sheet, Parsons will be earning his living in Dallas. The Rockets' deadline to match the offer sheet was 11 p.m. on Sunday. "It's been crazy," Parsons said in an interview with FOX26 Sports from Los Angeles. "Obviously, when I signed that offer sheet with Dallas it was exciting. It was an unbelievable deal for me and my family. "It's a perfect situation for me. At that point it was win-win for me, whether going to Dallas or coming back to Houston." FOX 26 Sports
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.gNSgECxo.dpuf

Sub $1 Million to $15.3 Million per year in a blur.  WTF !!!  I didn't see him play.  Is he that good.  

I wouldn't but some think he has Larry Bird potential 16.6 pt. 4 assist and 5 rebound a game clearly his stats say he was way underpaid but what he got was a little excessive IMO.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Where's The D?

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:05 pm

Murph wrote:Another observation about SVG's free agent signees is that they all have a reputation for their lack of defense.

Meeks, Augustin, Butler and Martin are all defensive liabilities.

Is this an indication that SVG does not value defense?  If so, that's going to be a big problem moving forward.

Valid question Murph. I will offer for your learned consideration, Dumars signed players for years that couldn't play defense and those that he drafted that could play "D" were traded away; the difference in these defenseless players is they can shot efficiently, are not selfish ball-hogs, and have high b-ball I.Q.'s. With all the deficiencies Joe's teams had, they were close to winning; I think SVG's team will win!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Parsons

Post  lemonpen Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:57 pm

The Rockets could have kept Parsons on the final season of his rookie contract, worth just $964,000, but chose to not pick up the option on his contract to maintain the right to match any offer sheet he received. Houston Chronicle

Either the Houston Rockets or the Dallas Mavericks were going to pay him $46 million over the next three years, and with the Rockets choosing not to match the Maverick's offer sheet, Parsons will be earning his living in Dallas. The Rockets' deadline to match the offer sheet was 11 p.m. on Sunday. "It's been crazy," Parsons said in an interview with FOX26 Sports from Los Angeles. "Obviously, when I signed that offer sheet with Dallas it was exciting. It was an unbelievable deal for me and my family. "It's a perfect situation for me. At that point it was win-win for me, whether going to Dallas or coming back to Houston." FOX 26 Sports
- See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.gNSgECxo.dpuf

Sub $1 Million to $15.3 Million per year in a blur. WTF !!! I didn't see him play. Is he that good.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Sebastian You're Cracking Me Up Man!

Post  WTF Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:48 pm

Sebastian wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Wise wrote: I also think Caron could start and perhaps should. 

Did you see Caron with the Bucks?

He went to OKC because he couldn't cut it as a starter, but he is effective off the bench!

You have to really pay attention to older players or you'll make the mistake both you & Seb are making(see Chauncey).

Perhaps but our current roster doesn't have a better SF.  I say you start him but play him at reduce minutes and not starter minutes. IMO opinion neither Butler or Singler would be the best choice to start but if I had to choose between the 2 it's Butler SVG just needs to keep him in the range of 20-25 min, sure give Singler the minutes but come crunch time I would rather have a veteran (Butler) on the floor. I would also want Butler in the first 5 min of the game help setting the tone as well.  Unless Singler has drastically improved since last season then perhaps you start Singler

The fact that both of you can find good reason to start each guy is really good for the team.   SVG has set up a strong competitive environment for several (3-4) positions.  This is beginning to get really interesting.

Yo, Oracle, just for the record I would not start Caron Butler. He is a spot reliever at the SF position, who may be able to provide a good 15 minutes, here and there. He is damn near washed, if you really want to know the truth. Let's put it this way, I thought that Cory Meggette had more to offer US, when he came over from Charlotte in the infamous Ben G. and OUR 2014 First Round Pick for Meggette.

LOL! Come on Sebastian! Butler average almost 11pts and 5 boards in 25 minutes and you're saying his washed up? Meggette not even in the league  lol 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Doesn't look like it but, we did good with money to spare

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:45 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:Well, it looks as if SVG's approach to the free agent period was based on quantity, not quality.  I mean Jody Meeks, Aaron Gray, DJ Augustin, Cartier Marin and Carron Bulter???  What a bunch of scrubs.  Realy, Stan...THIS was the best you could do?   thumbs down
Scrubs Murph? If they are scrubs, they're reasonably priced scrubs instead of over-priced scrubs (which Dumars loved to collect) and they add to the teams shooting efficiency...let's give 'em a chance.

Murph, do you really think that there much difference in Meeks and KCP or Caron and Singler or Augustin and Jennings at this point. Clearly the difference is the ability to shoot three.  I can't argue for the signing of Martin and Gray but Meeks, Augustine and Butler could be significant though small upgrades at this stage.  There's no surprise in what SVG doing and he's sticking to his plan Meeks, Butler, and Augustine represents the 2-3 free agent signings he plan on with the 13.5 Million he had at his disposal.
Wise, allow me to add my two cents worth to your great post; there can't be too many dependable long guns on our team can they? Hence Martin. Gray is a 7 foot, 270 lb. goon, who's going to guard the rim and pass out 6 good, hard fouls....rim protection is a legitimate need which SVG saw when he viewed the game film. These players are insurance against a repeat of last years performance by Datome and Harrellson bad back and knees.  

No these are not eye popping pickups, but blowing the 13.5 on signing Stephenson, or Deng would have been opposite of what he said he would do and really not address the shooting woes of this team.  I would like to see some eye popping move but that will have to come at the expense of trading either Josh or Moose.  Otherwise I think SVG is on track so far.

Plus who knows things could change because Augustin and Meeks haven't inked their offers as of yet.

A big problem a lot of fans had with Dumars spending was he'd blow huge amounts on a couple of players, for name value only, and not take into account what the team needs were, whereas SVG has spread the money around to fill in cracks in the teams structure. What will blow my hair back is a sudden and exciting turn around in the teams production; I'll personally take that over the signing of Hayward, Parsons, Stephenson, or Ariza and the team still sucked. Then too, SVG is going to coach the players he's bringing in and that's going to make a difference; Joe signed players and went and hid.  lol 
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty @Sebastian

Post  WTF Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:44 pm

Sebastian wrote:

Sebastian, I'm shocked my your response considering that all three players are far better shooters. Would you say we would have maybe won 39-40 games oppose to the 29 games last season? You know coaching and chemistry along with bad shooting were big issues so let me ask the same question again by adding coaching into the mix. Do you think that with Augustin starting at PG, Meeks starting at the SG and Butler at the SF with any combination of the Big 3 and SVG coaching could we have made the playoffs?

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Caron Butler is not a starting SF!

Post  Sebastian Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:39 pm

lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:

He went to OKC because he couldn't cut it as a starter, but he is effective off the bench!

You have to really pay attention to older players or you'll make the mistake both you & Seb are making(see Chauncey).

Perhaps but our current roster doesn't have a better SF.  I say you start him but play him at reduce minutes and not starter minutes. IMO opinion neither Butler or Singler would be the best choice to start but if I had to choose between the 2 it's Butler SVG just needs to keep him in the range of 20-25 min, sure give Singler the minutes but come crunch time I would rather have a veteran (Butler) on the floor. I would also want Butler in the first 5 min of the game help setting the tone as well.  Unless Singler has drastically improved since last season then perhaps you start Singler

The fact that both of you can find good reason to start each guy is really good for the team.   SVG has set up a strong competitive environment for several (3-4) positions.  This is beginning to get really interesting.

Yo, Oracle, just for the record I would not start Caron Butler. He is a spot reliever at the SF position, who may be able to provide a good 15 minutes, here and there. He is damn near washed, if you really want to know the truth. Let's put it this way, I thought that Cory Meggette had more to offer US, when he came over from Charlotte in the infamous Ben G. and OUR 2014 First Round Pick for Meggette.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Nope Not Just You

Post  WTF Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:34 pm

lemonpen wrote:Derrick Rose and four returnees from the 2012 Olympic men's basketball champions are among the 19 players selected for this summer's U.S. national team roster. Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, James Harden and Anthony Davis were the four holdovers announced Monday, along with new additions DeMar DeRozan of Toronto and Chandler Parsons, who is leaving Houston for Dallas. Players will report to training camp in Las Vegas this month, with the roster cut to 12 before the World Cup of Basketball in Spain. ESPN.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.gNSgECxo.dpuf

If you were Bulls management would you be a little pissed at Rose.  Dude hasn't contributed to the success of the team for quite some time now.  

That was the first thing I thought as well but more power to the bulls it's their problem. I was more concern because I don't want to see Andre on the team and more focus on his development here. Sure it helps but considering his early back injury and his scary fall last season I'm not all that happy to see him doing anything that's not related to the team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Could WE have made the Playoffs, last season?

Post  Sebastian Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty I Like It

Post  lemonpen Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:29 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:

The fact that both of you can find good reason to start each guy is really good for the team. SVG has set up a strong competitive environment for several (3-4) positions. This is beginning to get really interesting.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Roster

Post  Sparma Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:26 pm

I did look "scrubs" up as a slang term online today, Wise, and it's rough! My baseball connotation's behind the times! It turns out there used to be "scrub baseball", where scrub basically meant someone who substituted in. Not so bad, back then. I didn't intend an insult to Martin or Gray, but I now see that I need to retract my scrubs description. Martin might be in the running for a back of the rotation spot; Gray should just play spot minutes unless something changes, as it could.

Happened to catch part of the Bucks-76ers game where Butler went off for 38. He's got some game left, but I doubt he'd be best served in the starters role.

I agree with Don that Augustin had a lot to do with rescuing the Bulls season. Again, I see him as a back up, but curbing Jennings' minutes, especially in the 4th quarter, should be a good thing, apart from Augustin's own contributions. Some healthy competition should cut a bit into some of Jennings bad habits. I still see Jennings as a good shooter who takes bad shots; Augustin should help BJ in the shot selection department, in addition to being a good shooter himself.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next