Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
Sparma
WTF
lemonpen
Murph
Oracle
Go Stones!
12 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Not So Sure

Post  WTF Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:33 pm

Sparma wrote:Monroe on Twitter: "Im learning as much about my self as you guys are with these reports ..."

Some rift in communication between Monroe and the Falk camp, who presumably leaked the intention to sign the q.o.?

If that's truly the case then there should be no hesitation to fire Falk immediately. This stinks to High Heavens!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Not so fast

Post  Sparma Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Monroe on Twitter: "Im learning as much about my self as you guys are with these reports ..."

Some rift in communication between Monroe and the Falk camp, who presumably leaked the intention to sign the q.o.?
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Moose Drawers Sniffer

Post  WTF Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:On thing is clear. This is not about money. This is about Monroe wanting A opportunity to get away from Detroit. And right around the corner is the LA Lakers and the NY Knicks with major bags of money, just begging to give it to Monroe after this coming season is over.

I think Monroe is saying, I prefer to play for Phil Jackson in NY or the Lakers before I'm stuck in Detroit.

So I say f.u.c.k. him! Just like when Grant Hill wanted out. Get what you can get and move on. The Pistons can still get something good out of Monroe. But now it's all business from here.. It's clear he want out.

So now you now you hate him  lol

PS at least Grant was an actual all-star before he bolted this wannabe all star won't be missed and if he think any other team is going to offer him max dollars next season then he's mistaken. Please sign the QO fast.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty RE Monroe

Post  Phil-Good Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:40 pm

On thing is clear. This is not about money. This is about Monroe wanting A opportunity to get away from Detroit. And right around the corner is the LA Lakers and the NY Knicks with major bags of money, just begging to give it to Monroe after this coming season is over.

I think Monroe is saying, I prefer to play for Phil Jackson in NY or the Lakers before I'm stuck in Detroit.

So I say f.u.c.k. him! Just like when Grant Hill wanted out. Get what you can get and move on. The Pistons can still get something good out of Monroe. But now it's all business from here.. It's clear he want out.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty If This Isn't.........

Post  WTF Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:41 am

true I'll sh!t bricks.  Stop playing and sign the QO today no need to wait until the witching hour to do this sh!t. You're ass has already wasted valuable time and hindered the team from pursuing other things.  

While I'm gearing up for the up-coming NFL season I would still like to hear some positive news on this front and see it put the rest.  You represent almost 11M in valuable assets that SVG could have done something more meaningful with so I'm hoping you sign the QO and allow yourself to be traded and becomes someone else's issue next season.  

I keep saying that the 10.5M cap hold is the market value and is just as valuable as getting it back in talent via a sign and trade scenario.  Grading SVG on this is silly as I've numerous post on other sites that want to place blame on him.  First I don't see Monroe as being some great loss and secondly this is the after affects of another one Joe's dumb decisions rearing it's ugly head again.  

Also what's funny upon the news dummy was signing the QO is the number of fans turning against Monroe CTFU! over that.  I been saying his ass wasn't worth the fuss and attention and didn't warrant all that praise of hopefulness about his potential.  Come On! asshole sign the damn thing!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Say what?

Post  Sparma Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:10 am

"He received two max offers this offseason, but a sign-and-trade deal could not be reached, a person familiar with situation said." says Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today. Incidentally, who the heck is Jeff Zillgitt and why does he get to break the story?

Interesting details are emerging, including that one team did offer Monroe a one year deal (evidently without an intention of signing him longterm).

Also, as more than one person points out, this may not be the end of the story. He's telling the Pistons he plans to sign the q.o. but, as far as I know, there are seven weeks to go before he actually does so. Detroit could still make a better sign-and-trade before the q.o. deadline than the trade they could pull off during the season and not have to deal with a full year of distraction. SVG would need to lower his standards for what would be an acceptable return, but faced with Monroe's commitment to sign the q.o., he may do just that.

SVG had said that he had thought through every contingency, but somehow I think that Monroe announcing seven weeks prior to the deadline he plans to sign the q.o. wasn't one of them. Not quite sure how he'll respond. I thought early on that the q.o. was a realistic option, but didn't foresee this early commitment to it.

So I think the next seven weeks or so will bring some further developments. I'm doubting this will be a case of not with a bang, but with a whimper. At least, I expect the coming period will bring us more info from both sides about the negotiations (that's already happening), including more detailed rumors/ reports of shenagins.

We can't close the curtain on this act just yet.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty The Josh Smith Fan Club

Post  WTF Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:44 am

I've been preoccupied chasing some ass caught it popped it now I get this great news. But don't get your hopes up about this pussy playing for a contract and giving it his all because he won't. I'll predict now that by December 1st he comes up lame with some fake ankle sprain and miss half the season with one fake injury after another. He won't risk real injury by fully participating. He won't care about minutes, he won't practice hard, he's going to avoid the media and walk around like a little bitch.  lol! 

The Josh Smith Fan Club are tickle to death but we assure you all that Josh has no comments on this matter other than saying "What A Pussy and Good Riddance"  clap 

There is no way that SVG isn't pissed off by this move because this could have been done sooner into free agency and the team could have made another move sooner. Hopefully he can facilitate a trade to get another big like Anderson someone else to play in front of Monroe ass by moving JJ, Mitchell and Bynum to clear roster space.

This is joyful news  dance 
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty What A "Get me out of Detroit" move by Monroe

Post  Phil-Good Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:33 pm

Taking A 1 year deal for cheep, speaks volumes to me if I'm Stan Van Gundy. No kissing azz, no starting position for Monroe. He A 1 year rental player.

You can bet your bottom dollar, Monroe will walk after this season. I don't care if Detroit wins the NBA championship, Monroe is A goner. My hope is that Detroit can get the best trade package for Monroe that is possible.

That's all Monroe will be about for me this season. A good trade package and A back up center position.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Oh happy day?

Post  Sparma Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 pm

I hope the enthusiasts like Deus, Oracle, and Wise prove to be right. I do think there can be advantages to this development in terms of roster balance and SVG being unleashed to do his thing. But I find it to be a sad day for the Pistons as we lose a very good player and a good guy, beloved by the cornerstone of the franchise, for an inadequate return (cap space). Murph may have overstated with his ascription of 20/10 to Monroe, but I think he's not far off. 18/10 is surely well within reach with the right fit. In the NBA, as in the NFL, you need difference makers, guys who are some significant respect well above average, notwithstanding limitations they might have. I think we have three guys who qualify as difference makers: AD, Smith, and Monroe. We're about to have two.

I hope SVG can iron out some of Smith's erratic play. One development that I predict is that we'll be increasingly focused on AD's limitations in the next few years, even as he improves. Monroe can't do what AD does, but neither can AD do what Monroe does. In time, I think there'll be a greater appreciation of that latter fact, with an accompanying dent to AD's reputation.

There are mixed reports on whether a trade is allowed of a guy signed to a q.o. What I gather is that such a trade is allowed only with the permission of the player. And the return would need to be close to the 5.4 mil that Monroe will be earning.

All that said, I do think better days lie ahead for the Pistons. Personally, I think it's a shame Monroe won't be part of them.

Deus: "This is a dream come true..."

Oracle wrote:This is a GREAT deal for the Pistons!!!

1. We'll get the best season possible out of Monroe as he attempts to show he's worth something
2. We can stop worrying about who to start at PF, Josh is the starter... PERIOD!
3. When he enters UFA, we're still the team that can offer him the most money!

BTW, my prediction is that his limitations become more and more obvious and while he'll get paid, it won't be as much as he thinks it'll be!

I LOVE this outcome!!!!
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Post  deusXango Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:16 pm

The reality is $5.5 million is a damn good price for a quality backup center or one hell of a trade piece for a player like TJ Warren or Gerald Green from Phoenix, players we can use more than Monroe.

With "Goon" Gray backing up Drummond at center and Jerebko getting a fair chance to prove himself as Smith's backup at PF we'll have more roster balance than we've had in almost 10 years.

This is a dream come true; hopefully SVG won't f@ck it up by making a BK7 & Middleton for Jennings type trade. We can still get value for the Moose and stop him from poisoning the locker room.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Seb & Lauren

Post  Oracle Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:03 pm

It's possible Monroe could be moved, but it's going to be tricky, but not for a good Pimp GM  lol 

I just love this line...

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Moose may sign QO ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:49 pm

If I were SVG and Moose does actually sign the QO of $5.5 million, then I would attempt to intercept the proposed trade of Anthony Bennett to Philly. SVG should offer Moose to the Cavs for Bennett in a straight-up swap.

WE could start both Bennett and Josh. Josh would play PF of offense and cross match and guard the SF position on defense. WE could play Bennett as a SF on offense and have Bennett guard the PF position on defense.

Moose would not deny a trade to the Cavs.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Sparma

Post  Oracle Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:24 pm

This is a GREAT deal for the Pistons!!!

1. We'll get the best season possible out of Monroe as he attempts to show he's worth something
2. We can stop worrying about who to start at PF, Josh is the starter... PERIOD!
3. When he enters UFA, we're still the team that can offer him the most money!

BTW, my prediction is that his limitations become more and more obvious and while he'll get paid, it won't be as much as he thinks it'll be!

I LOVE this outcome!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty OMG, now Lauren Bacall..

Post  Oracle Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:13 pm

RIP Slim...

FORUM - Page 16 Lauren
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Monroe

Post  Sparma Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Wow! Now it's on.

Oracle wrote:The Freep is reporting that Monroe will sign the QO - Greg Monroe to sign offer sheet, play for Detroit Pistons in 2014-15
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Breaking News: Monroe to sign the QO

Post  Oracle Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:11 pm

The Freep is reporting that Monroe will sign the QO - Greg Monroe to sign offer sheet, play for Detroit Pistons in 2014-15
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Monroe is stunningly full of sh!t...

Post  Oracle Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:08 pm

Look, if he likes the QO, then shut the eff up and sign it!!!

What's the problem, no need to spin lies, just sign the QO and call it a day!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Rumor mongering

Post  Sparma Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:49 pm

I've now read an additional tweet by Monroe. Someone writes: "Damn, so all these rumors are false? I was like why in the world is he rejecting a 4 year 58 million deal for when no 1 is offering."

Monroe responds: "wasnt offered that either..." [at Bleacher Report]

That's a tricky one because no reporter claimed he was offered 58/4. Ellis reported 54 mil plus a bit over 4 years. So Monroe could just be denying the 58/4. That's not the offer that Gores appears to confirm in his interview with Ellis, who reported the 54/4.

So it's not really clear what Monroe's denying in the follow up tweet. Is it the mistaken numbers reported by the tweeter? Or does he look glance over the mistake, so that he's really denying the offer Gores seems to affirm? Or is he, in response to the initial question, making a broader denial concerning offers, not just the two with which he's confronted?

It's an interesting sports world in which journalists sometimes try to catch up with Twitter.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparma Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:44 pm

Oracle, I knew part of it was common, namely including a team option for a year.  I guess what I wondered, more specifically,
is whether the kind of misrepresentation to the media that Ziller says may have happened is common, so that a 60/5 with a team option for the fifth year just is presented/ reported as 60/5.  That's one kind of misrepresentation that I could see might be pretty common.  But Ziller also speaks of inflating an offer.  If we take that to be a separate case of misrepresenting or misleading, would that be common?  What would a credible example even be?   Something so blatant as a team offers 55 for 5 but leaks 60 for 5?  If so, that kind of thing would sour relations in a hurry during a negotiation.

The hidden machinations of the NBA!  If it's common practice, it's small wonder that Monroe's exasperated.  The Falk camp has its own leaks to answer for -- the latest, to Goodwill, sounds like it may well be a negotiating ploy, if no one takes the q.o. threat very seriously, as one commentator claimed.

Tom Ziller:

"Chances are the front office inflated the offer for the media leaks or there's an asterisk in there no one has revealed (like team options or unlikely incentives)."

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Sparma/MonHoe

Post  WTF Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:36 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sparma wrote:Sparma: I think Ziller's wrong about the first part: Monroe's only specifically denied receiving the 60/5.  The latter part of his contention is interesting though.  If he's right, would that be common practice in the NBA?

Yes, this is common! The Pistons could deliver him an offer that, money wise, is lower than the number quoted, but has other "Value" components that equate to money in some form or another.

It's also common that players generally want the money rather than the other stuff, especially incentives!

I'm with Wise, I just pray that he signs the QO, but I seriously doubt that Monroe will do that!

Even Gores professed love of Monroe must seriously be tested at this point!

My preference in order is,
1. Sign & Trade: Mainly because it gives us the opportunity to get quality back and reduce roster size.
2. Sign the QO
3. Sign him to a 3 year deal, not a 4/5 year deal

Incentives also represents how uncomfortable the team is with signing a player. I can almost swear that SVG has his doubts about Monroe and concern to him actually fitting. Signing him to either deal say's they're stuck with him at least 2 seasons before they be able to move him. That contract won't be as attractive to other teams before then.

Yes Sparma I hope like hell he signs that QO if we can trade him. I think this team will be better off without him so hopefully SVG hasn't bought all the hype about keeping him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Now this is something worth looking forward to...

Post  Oracle Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:30 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Sparma/MonHoe

Post  Oracle Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:16 pm

Sparma wrote:Sparma: I think Ziller's wrong about the first part: Monroe's only specifically denied receiving the 60/5.  The latter part of his contention is interesting though.  If he's right, would that be common practice in the NBA?

Yes, this is common! The Pistons could deliver him an offer that, money wise, is lower than the number quoted, but has other "Value" components that equate to money in some form or another.

It's also common that players generally want the money rather than the other stuff, especially incentives!

I'm with Wise, I just pray that he signs the QO, but I seriously doubt that Monroe will do that!

Even Gores professed love of Monroe must seriously be tested at this point!

My preference in order is,
1. Sign & Trade: Mainly because it gives us the opportunity to get quality back and reduce roster size.
2. Sign the QO
3. Sign him to a 3 year deal, not a 4/5 year deal
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparma Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:42 pm

Deus, it's tough to determine value in the RFA market. The process worked well for Gordon Hayward, not for Monroe. Unrestricted free agency would provide a better measure of Monroe's worth. I'm confident he'd land a honey of a deal, likely just shy of the max. Even so, Monroe's an ideosyncratic talent, likely real valuable to at least one team as UFA, but maybe not that valuable to many teams.

Wise, I don't think Joe wanted to trade Monroe last summer because he had every intention of signing him this summer. I think it was Mayo who recently said that things might well have gone differently with Dumars, because he'd been planning to sign Monroe for years and would have come in with a very high offer. My guess is that Monroe would have signed for 5 years for just below the max, so that Detroit could still offer the max amount/ max length deal to Drummond. But then, you wouldn't have been happy with that either, I gather.

Maybe I'm wrong, because the fit problems would have still been there, in spades, but I do think that Dumars would have made a super offer to Monroe. Of course, that overpaying of hometown favorites is something that we've held against Dumars over the years.

deusXango wrote:I've been so caught up with Monroe's negotiations with the Pistons and the ridiculous numbers bandied about (not to mention the mystery about the length of contract or where is it that Monroe wants to play) that I've completely lost sight of the fact this is not a one team league. What's his worth in the league, not just to his none paying supporters but, the league?

I'm going to use the Portland Trailblazers as an example (IMHO the best sign & trade proposed this summer); Nicholas Batum is the 3rd best player on the Trailblazers, behind Aldridge and Lilliard but, rather than do the proposed sign & trade for our "max diva" they were more than happy to outright sign "old ass Chris Kaman!" There's a message in there somewhere for those who use Monroe's age as 1 of his 3 selling points.

It seems that the league, for the most part, aren't impressed with the Moose's skill package for top dollar and if he's signed by Detroit for top dollar, with the idea we'll be able to just trade him somewhere later, if he doesn't work  out for us, is a numbskulls dream.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Take It! Take It! Take It! Take It! Take It!

Post  WTF Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:58 pm

Please sign the QO please! please! please!

I know there are many that think we need to somehow do some sign and trade to show some form of value but there are also a spattering of Detroit Fans that just think any form of your ass not being on this team going forward is far more valuable. Why the f@ck they didn't considered moving your ass for draft picks last season before getting to this point is beyond me.

When I think about all the rumored possibilities of the past if there was ever any real possibility that swapping your ass for Cousins was real they should have done it. If the rumored traded for Aldridge was real they should have done so and they should have tried like hell moving well before the start of last season.

Yes please sign the muthaf@ckin QO make my day!
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Call a spade a spade!

Post  deusXango Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:52 pm

I've been so caught up with Monroe's negotiations with the Pistons and the ridiculous numbers bandied about (not to mention the mystery about the length of contract or where is it that Monroe wants to play) that I've completely lost sight of the fact this is not a one team league. What's his worth in the league, not just to his none paying supporters but, the league?

I'm going to use the Portland Trailblazers as an example (IMHO the best sign & trade proposed this summer); Nicholas Batum is the 3rd best player on the Trailblazers, behind Aldridge and Lilliard but, rather than do the proposed sign & trade for our "max diva" they were more than happy to outright sign "old ass Chris Kaman!" There's a message in there somewhere for those who use Monroe's age as 1 of his 3 selling points.

It seems that the league, for the most part, aren't impressed with the Moose's skill package for top dollar and if he's signed by Detroit for top dollar, with the idea we'll be able to just trade him somewhere later, if he doesn't work out for us, is a numbskulls dream.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 16 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next