Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
WTF
Oracle
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
cool breeze
12 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Spurs 102 Heat 98

Post  WTF Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:01 pm

Oracle wrote:Do the Spurs bounce back or start getting bounced from the NBA Finals?

Last game I said that either the Heat would be blown out or they will win... they won to my surprise!

IMO, if this game is close, the Spurs will win it.

If not, it's over... stick a fork in the Spurs and watch the meat fall off!

I still think the Spurs could lose tonight game and steal game 4. The issue then is I can't see them winning in 6 but still see them winning at home in game 7. "However" if the Spurs take this game its still Spurs in 6.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The big question...

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:58 pm

Do the Spurs bounce back or start getting bounced from the NBA Finals?

Last game I said that either the Heat would be blown out or they will win... they won to my surprise!

IMO, if this game is close, the Spurs will win it.

If not, it's over... stick a fork in the Spurs and watch the meat fall off!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty I'm glad you cleared that up, but...

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:53 pm

deusXango wrote:
deusXango wrote: The fact is, he deserves to be paid, but only under certain circumstances should he be paid by the Pistons...I think it's time for a parting of the ways.

"But here is yet another strange and odd DX flip flop that boggles my mind"  lol -Oracle

Oracle, I'd expect a response like that, based on a half read post, from Phillip Boy, but not you!  facepalm I agree with your items from #1 to 4 and like I stated, "only under certain circumstances" would I be willing resign Stuckey; my imaginary lineup should speak clearly to those circumstances.  

I can't see how you could EVER suggest that we waste close to 6M smackeroos on another Stuckey contract!

Like I said, I could hold my nose at 3M and actually be giddy at 2M, but I'm blowing chunks at the full MLE!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Oracle makes DX lose his mind

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:46 pm

deusXango wrote: The fact is, he deserves to be paid, but only under certain circumstances should he be paid by the Pistons...I think it's time for a parting of the ways.

"But here is yet another strange and odd DX flip flop that boggles my mind"  lol -Oracle

Oracle, I'd expect a response like that, based on a half read post, from Phillip Boy, but not you!  facepalm I agree with your items from #1 to 4 and like I stated, "only under certain circumstances" would I be willing resign Stuckey; my imaginary lineup should speak clearly to those circumstances.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Seb makes DX lose his mind...

Post  Oracle Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:28 pm

Well DX, it was a long battle, but you finally rolled over as Seb wore you down!

Give Stuckey the MLE? Are you freaking out of your mind???

#1, I don't want Stuckey back, and we can debate if SVG would, I would rather take a chance on Lance Stephenson

#2, I would only be willing to pay 3M per year at most to see him here

#3, Wise is right, Stuckey has skills and will command at a minimum the full MLE coming off somebody's bench, and more if he can find a starting gig!

#4, My objections to Stuckey are NOT ability related, it's just time to move on, just like Joe

But here is yet another strange and odd DX flip flop that boggles my mind  lol 

DX, you certainly keep us on our toes Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Resigning Stuckey ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:17 pm

deusXango wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:What do y'all think of Spencer Dinwiddie? The more I look at this kid, his size, shooting skills, ability to run an offense, and basketball I.Q., I'm curious to see if he could be successfully paired with KCP in the backcourt going forward. At this point I'm looking to replace Jennings; don't think that time invested in his reclamation would be worth it...head cases tend to stay head cases.

Yo, DX, I'm not sold on this Dinwiddie kid. If I were SVG, I would draft Patric Young, PF, from the University of Florida. Young is a grown man, at 22 years of age, who would be the second coming of Big Ben in my opinion. He would do all of his work down low and would be a great back-up to Dre or could play alongside Dre at times.

Here's the deal that I would do. I would do a sign and trade of Moose and B. Jennings with the OKC Thunder for the Russell Westbrook and Perry Jones III. Before, you and my other Pistons Pals start tripping, look at this way:

The OKC Thunder need a bonifide low-post player and B. Jennings would be an offensive option that Kevin Durant may be able to tame. Both Moose and B. Jennings could potentially become even better in the OKC system.

WE would get in return a PG that would be able to dominate the East. Westbrook and Dre' would be the best PG and Center combination in the League. Perry Jones III should be given every chance to make it as the starting SF and moving Josh to the starting PF position would be a lethal azz, fastbreaking team.

Oh, and DX, I would still find a way to add Stuckey to the roster at $6 million for 3 years.

PG: Westbrook/Will B./Siva
SG: KCP/Stuckey
SF: PJIII/Singler
PF: Josh/Jerebko/T. Mitch
C: Dre'/Young/Harrelson

First off, I'll take your boy Stuckey, at the price you suggested...$2 million a year ain't bad. Second, we need shooters on this team, no debating that! Why is every long armed, 6' 9", big body considered the second coming of Big Ben? There was only one Ben Wallace and he was real special!!

Sebastian, let me tie this up for you good buddy; SVG needs to tell Bower to work on trades for Bynum, Jerebko, and Jennings; buyout Chauncey if he doesn't retire. Draft Dinwiddie (if he's still there) at #38, resign Monroe, Stuckey and sign Greivis Vasquez during FA. Let SVG show his coaching skills by going to war with:

PG-Vasquez/Dinwiddie/Siva
SG-KCP/Stuckey
SF-Datome/Singler
PF-Smith/Mitchell
C- Drummond/Monroe/Harrellson

If a solid rotation doesn't manifest itself out of that team, SVG has much better trade options, by the deadline, than he would with our typical "Frankenstein," unbalanced roster.

Westbrook and Perry Jones III? Get outta here with that sh!t...Rudy Gay, Harrison Barnes, Danny Granger, Perry Jones III, ain't Piston material, period. All these names have come up and we still don't know what Datome is bringing to the table...how about giving him the same considerations your boy Stuckey got to prove himself? SVG doesn't need a wild, hard-head, to coach and that's what Russell Westbrook is...with no KD to take up his slack, he's a real knucklehead.

I miss-typed in an earlier related post. SVG should resign Stuckey at $5.5 million per/3 years with the final year containing a player's option.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty We ain't mad, we're insane!!!

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:53 pm

Wise, the reality is, Stuckey was the only veteran guard on the team last year that was worth half-a-damn...it was also, arguably, by far his best year under the last contract he signed for the Pistons. I'll grant you that Stuckey's overall game seems to be improving, but even though he wasn't the reason we had a forgettable year, he had his fair share of f#ck ups.

I was pulling Sebastian's chain (we have this thing about Stuckey going on) with that $2 million contract, but the MLE is what I'd pay, if he came back to the Pistons and not a penny more. A lot of my lack of appreciation for Stuckey's game is "Joe based"...is it unfair? Maybe, maybe not. The fact is, he deserves to be paid, but only under certain circumstances should he be paid by the Pistons...I think it's time for a parting of the ways. Lindsey Hunter had to leave and go on to the Lakers and win a 'ship before returning to the Pistons and contributing to us going all the way to the top; maybe it's in the cards for Stuckey to take the same route.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Stop The Madness

Post  WTF Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Stuckey average 13.9 points a game and you guys really think he would sign a contract at 2 million a season.  I highly doubt it and if he does it will be with a contender.  Stuckey is almost a lock for the entirety of some team MLE money if not slightly more, I know some of you have had it with this kid but lets not be insane about what his market value really is.   Okay I get it you all want him going but their not a player in the league that average his numbers at 26 years of age playing for 2 million a season.  Just stop it!

That's slightly above Andre point totals and a blink away from Moose totals for the season and he did so coming off the bench and with 10 fewer minutes to boot and often carried this team. Stuckey isn't the reason this team sucked no more than Josh was and it just amazes me how crazy you all sound as to what he's worth. Last I look he was the best guard on the floor all last season and carried the team more times than not.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty 'Yo, Sebastian, peep this.

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:15 pm

Sebastian wrote:
deusXango wrote:What do y'all think of Spencer Dinwiddie? The more I look at this kid, his size, shooting skills, ability to run an offense, and basketball I.Q., I'm curious to see if he could be successfully paired with KCP in the backcourt going forward. At this point I'm looking to replace Jennings; don't think that time invested in his reclamation would be worth it...head cases tend to stay head cases.

Yo, DX, I'm not sold on this Dinwiddie kid. If I were SVG, I would draft Patric Young, PF, from the University of Florida. Young is a grown man, at 22 years of age, who would be the second coming of Big Ben in my opinion. He would do all of his work down low and would be a great back-up to Dre or could play alongside Dre at times.

Here's the deal that I would do. I would do a sign and trade of Moose and B. Jennings with the OKC Thunder for the Russell Westbrook and Perry Jones III. Before, you and my other Pistons Pals start tripping, look at this way:

The OKC Thunder need a bonifide low-post player and B. Jennings would be an offensive option that Kevin Durant may be able to tame. Both Moose and B. Jennings could potentially become even better in the OKC system.

WE would get in return a PG that would be able to dominate the East. Westbrook and Dre' would be the best PG and Center combination in the League. Perry Jones III should be given every chance to make it as the starting SF and moving Josh to the starting PF position would be a lethal azz, fastbreaking team.

Oh, and DX, I would still find a way to add Stuckey to the roster at $6 million for 3 years.

First off, I'll take your boy Stuckey, at the price you suggested...$2 million a year ain't bad. Second, we need shooters on this team, no debating that! Why is every long armed, 6' 9", big body considered the second coming of Big Ben? There was only one Ben Wallace and he was real special!!

Sebastian, let me tie this up for you good buddy; SVG needs to tell Bower to work on trades for Bynum, Jerebko, and Jennings; buyout Chauncey if he doesn't retire. Draft Dinwiddie (if he's still there) at #38, resign Monroe, Stuckey and sign Greivis Vasquez during FA. Let SVG show his coaching skills by going to war with:

PG-Vasquez/Dinwiddie/Siva
SG-KCP/Stuckey
SF-Datome/Singler
PF-Smith/Mitchell
C- Drummond/Monroe/Harrellson

If a solid rotation doesn't manifest itself out of that team, SVG has much better trade options, by the deadline, than he would with our typical "Frankenstein," unbalanced roster.

Westbrook and Perry Jones III? Get outta here with that sh!t...Rudy Gay, Harrison Barnes, Danny Granger, Perry Jones III, ain't Piston material, period. All these names have come up and we still don't know what Datome is bringing to the table...how about giving him the same considerations your boy Stuckey got to prove himself? SVG doesn't need a wild, hard-head, to coach and that's what Russell Westbrook is...with no KD to take up his slack, he's a real knucklehead.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:00 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

I just started looking at this kid and reading up on him and there is at least 2 things that makes him interesting and that is he's cocky and he played for the same school as Mr. Big Shot

I like his size at 6'6, but he seems to be another combo and not a true point.  
Spencer Dinwiddie is one of the biggest secrets of this draft. I have watched this guy play ball for two seasons. He is a clutch player who can do it all as a point guard. He is a true point guard who can defend. The big question is his knee. But Spencer is moving up to the first round where he belongs. This is the one draft where the Detroit Pistons couldn't afford to miss out on a first round pick. It is tragic and Mr. Gores should hide his ass and not visit the Palace at all next season. He should watch the games on PASS like me and stay the hell out of any future basketball decisions. As for the Russian, it seems that this guy would be a huge gamble with that 2nd round pick. Detroit can't afford to carry another young big man who can't defend and doesn't have the weight to make any rotation. If Van Gundy picks that guy I will be sick and will have lost all confidence in SVG.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:53 pm

WISEFAN wrote: Have any reporters ever interviewed Josh Smith in the summer or investigated what he is doing in the off season? - Don

Do we know what any of the players on this team is doing during the off season?  You're drawing a conclusion that he's ding nothing because you are hearing nothing.  Well we know what Jennings is doing based on his YouTube,  and we know what Andre is doing based on his tweets and other activities and it has nothing to do with working out.  I wonder if your boy Singler is working hard on his game.  What we do know is that Josh is the most athletic and likely the most fit player on the team.  Moose hasn't worked out but one summer that I can remember and I'm not so sure about that because he could have played summer league with Knight and Andre and we might have had a better idea about those to as a pairing Andres rookie season. We all knew Stuckey worked out every summer.  

Considering how bad the entire team shot and how crappy they all played defense you would think every single one of them would be camped out here at the practice facility more so since their is a new regime in place.  Just amazing that you can always find something to hate on Josh for.

Lebron started out like most all the other knuckleheads in the league but to his credit he sought out the opinions of great players in the league before his time.  The same thing with Kobe except Kobe had the benefit of being around great players all the time (Magic, Kareem, Worthy and so on) while idolizing the greatest player of all time (MJ)

Unfortunately most of todays players think they're talented enough to go about the task of greatest on talents along because of the hype and press clippings.  The difference with Lebron is that he's always been the biggest target of criticism, you can say that he went to an up-scaled school of hard knocks because all that criticism came nationally.   I believe Lebron when he say's he doesn't give a crap about social media comments but he do care about the comments of NBA legends like Magic, MJ, Bird, and Zeke though he might not give a sh!t what Barkley might think he respects the comments and advice of players like Duncan, Kobe, D-Wade and Shaq.  

My point is Lebron had to learn about the hard work and pay off of offseason preparation.  My other point is not every player is privy and afforded the luxury of receiving the knowledge and if they are they don't seek it.  A lot of players are missing this like Melo, and KD some have it right there in their faces like Granger and don't seek it.
Well said Wisefan. It was evident this season that our players didn't mind getting their asses kicked. It appears that nothing has changed. I read about the college players here doing amazing workouts during the hot summer days. There is no chance that Van Gundy will be successful unless he finds the type of players who like to take their jobs seriously. College players here are spending up to 10 hours a day working on their shooting, strength, defensive reaction time, free throw shooting and overall conditioning. They try to speed up the tempo of their workouts to improve the mental side of the game conditioning themselves to plow through those moments when they are exhausted. My bet is that Singler, Siva, KCP, Datome, and Jerebco are testing themselves in every area at least 6 days a week. Singler has always been a gym rat who loves basketball. It all gets down to how much you love the game. All the really good players in the league are going to work almost everyday over the summer. It gives you confidence if nothing else. 

As our clown writers in the Detroit News do not understand Piston basketball fans and what sells papers, they do not bother to do any investigation as to which players are dedicated and working hard when nobody is looking. We could have some really good stories going either way. Say maybe follow Brandon Jennings around for a week with him not knowing about it and reporting the facts relating to his work ethic. The last time I read anything about a Piston player working hard over the summer was when Brandon Knight was on the team. It seems that Joe Dumars didn't notice Knight's determination to get better on defense from his first season to the second. And Knight sure did put on the muscle. Look at him now. He is ready to kick butt and have a break out season next year. There is no doubt in my mind that Josh Smith could be a really special basketball player if put in the work during the summers. 

Watch Van Gundy is training camp. He is going to sort out the losers real quick. He might try to build them up for trade purposes but it won't take him long to make a short list of the players he wants to keep and develop. No more Joe Dumars lazy ass low standards. Players who wear the Piston uniform will have to get on Stan's program of pack their bags.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty With the 38th Pick in the 2014 Draft ...

Post  WTF Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:28 pm

Sebastian wrote:

Seb, I like Westbrook but he is not the right fit for this team especially if we are truly trying develop Andre as premier center, especially if we are trying to maximize Josh potential or any other player on our roster.  Westbrook doesn't make team mates better and I don't won't his shooting 25 to 30 times a game.  IMO a PG should take between 12-15 shots a game well setting up his team mates 90% of his time on the court.  

Seb, think about why OKC would trade Westbrook and then ask if we would want to be placed in the same situation as OKC currently have with Westbrook and KD combination.   Not that I think Jennings is better than Westbrook but under the current circumstance and make up of this team Jennings might be the preferred option.

IMO the roster you're suggesting still don't have any shooters eventually you have to play a half court game.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty With the 38th Pick in the 2014 Draft ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:17 pm

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty I'm Sorry For Another Rant

Post  WTF Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:15 pm

Zainabou was playing with a group of children in the neighborhood when she ran off, police said. That was when the dogs, who live with their owner in the neighborhood, attacked her.

After learning of the attack from a neighbor, the girl’s mother, Tanina Drame, ran outside with a baseball bat and began beating the dogs in the head in an attempt to get them off Zainabou.

McElrath’s dog, Cappuccino, who weighs less than 20 pounds, also tried to attack one of the pit bulls.

When police arrived, officers said the pit bulls turned toward them. They shot the animals to prevent them from lunging at the officers; the dogs retreated into the front lawn and died, and police were finally able to help Zainabou.

She was transported to Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical center, where she was immediately taken into surgery.

“They had to basically put her face back on,” McElrath said.

Gina Tyus, Zainabou’s aunt, spent the night at the hospital and described her niece’s injuries as “gruesome.”

“Both the dogs, one on each side, latched onto her face and ripped her jaw almost completely off. It was broken to the point where you could actually pull it away from her face,” Tyus said.

Doctors also had to remove Zainabou’s tongue, which Tyus said was barely attached when the girl arrived at the hospital. One of her eyes was sewn shut because the muscle below it was no longer working.

Okay this is my last one for the day unless I come across something else senseless. But I have to keep asking where in the hell is the outrage/ where the political debate? Not only should the owner of these dogs be sued but should serve serious jail time but this will likely get swept away somewhere until the next kid is attacked because there not enough punishment for irresponsible dog owners.

How justified would the father of this little girl be if went to the house and bust a cap in the dog owners ass. Very justifiable IMO.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty My Mind Is Just Blown Daily By Dumb ****

Post  WTF Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:29 am

CINCINNATI — A woman who was being treated for a sexually transmitted disease at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center is suing the hospital, accusing an employee of posting her medical records to Facebook.

According to the lawsuit, filed in Hamilton Common Pleas Court this week, a screen shot of the woman’s medical record showing her name and her diagnosis of syphilis was posted to the Facebook group “Team No Hoes” in September 2013.

They should just shut up and pony up in this lawsuit but this should also carry some criminal charges beyond the obvious termination of the involved employees. When I went on my rant about there being bigger fish to fry and other things we could focus on and be outraged about than releasing and trading prisoners it's sh!t like this, and mutha f**ka's licking sandwiches, the stabbing death of a 6 and 7 years old because of political debate of paying for camera's in a housing project, loaded weapons left in toy area of Walmart, the recent attacks on law enforcement, climate change, and so on and so can I run a list of things that should be getting the same freaking attention.

My understanding is the lawyer is asking for only $25,00.00 in damages but it should be $250,000,00 IMO opinion and those dumb asses involved should get no less than a 5 year prison sentence.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Amazing Why Would We Select A Center With All Our Other Needs

Post  WTF Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:46 am

Artem Klimenko
C (Saratov - International)
20.4 years old | 7'1" | 228 lbs

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz34FAuuTgi
http://www.draftexpress.com
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Maybe

Post  WTF Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:58 am

I just started looking at this kid and reading up on him and there is at least 2 things that makes him interesting and that is he's cocky and he played for the same school as Mr. Big Shot

I like his size at 6'6, but he seems to be another combo and not a true point.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty My Opinion

Post  WTF Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:44 am

Have any reporters ever interviewed Josh Smith in the summer or investigated what he is doing in the off season? - Don

Do we know what any of the players on this team is doing during the off season? You're drawing a conclusion that he's ding nothing because you are hearing nothing. Well we know what Jennings is doing based on his YouTube, and we know what Andre is doing based on his tweets and other activities and it has nothing to do with working out. I wonder if your boy Singler is working hard on his game. What we do know is that Josh is the most athletic and likely the most fit player on the team. Moose hasn't worked out but one summer that I can remember and I'm not so sure about that because he could have played summer league with Knight and Andre and we might have had a better idea about those to as a pairing Andres rookie season. We all knew Stuckey worked out every summer.

Considering how bad the entire team shot and how crappy they all played defense you would think every single one of them would be camped out here at the practice facility more so since their is a new regime in place. Just amazing that you can always find something to hate on Josh for.

Lebron started out like most all the other knuckleheads in the league but to his credit he sought out the opinions of great players in the league before his time. The same thing with Kobe except Kobe had the benefit of being around great players all the time (Magic, Kareem, Worthy and so on) while idolizing the greatest player of all time (MJ)

Unfortunately most of todays players think they're talented enough to go about the task of greatest on talents along because of the hype and press clippings. The difference with Lebron is that he's always been the biggest target of criticism, you can say that he went to an up-scaled school of hard knocks because all that criticism came nationally. I believe Lebron when he say's he doesn't give a crap about social media comments but he do care about the comments of NBA legends like Magic, MJ, Bird, and Zeke though he might not give a sh!t what Barkley might think he respects the comments and advice of players like Duncan, Kobe, D-Wade and Shaq.

My point is Lebron had to learn about the hard work and pay off of offseason preparation. My other point is not every player is privy and afforded the luxury of receiving the knowledge and if they are they don't seek it. A lot of players are missing this like Melo, and KD some have it right there in their faces like Granger and don't seek it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty If he's there

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:32 am

What do y'all think of Spencer Dinwiddie? The more I look at this kid, his size, shooting skills, ability to run an offense, and basketball I.Q., I'm curious to see if he could be successfully paired with KCP in the backcourt going forward. At this point I'm looking to replace Jennings; don't think that time invested in his reclamation would be worth it...head cases tend to stay head cases.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty LeBron's Post Game Interview ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:57 pm

cool breeze wrote:How can I not like this basketball player? He does all the right things for the game. After the game last night, Labron talked about the hard work he does in the off season to get better. He continues to work his butt off to work on the things he feels might be weak or could get a lot better. You see it on the court this time of year by all the players who put in the necessary work when the fans are not watching. I wonder about some of our players. I know Kyle Singler is one of those players who loves to work on his weaknesses. You have to love to push yourself to always try to get better at whatever you do. Here we have a guy who is ultra rich killing himself in workouts when nobody is watching. That is a beautiful thing. Have any reporters ever interviewed Josh Smith in the summer or investigated what he is doing in the off season? That is my complaint with Smith. He could be a fantastic player but it is obvious that he doesn't put in much of any work at all in the off season. A guy like Smith should be shooting free throws at a 85% clip at least. He should be a better outside shooter and know all the offensive and defensive plays. Can fans count on him in the clutch. He has never been a player a team could rely on in the 4th quarter. Did any of you Smith supporters know that? I knew that when he was will Atlanta. His teammates didn't trust his decision making ability in the clutch. Can Stan transform Smith into an elite player? This is the thing I am hoping for but somebody needs to get on him to steer him in the right direction now. Some on Josh work your ass off and show how good you can be.

Yo, cool, I'm no LeBron fan but you are right. LeBron conducts himself exceptionally well during the on the court interviews. One thing that I noticed that he does that I wish the other players would do: Address the person who is conducting the interview by their actual name, like how LeBron addressed Doris Burke as Doris on two or three occasions during the brief but substantive post game interview.

Far too many times, I have cringed when I hear Kevin Durant, Melo, and others refer to person conducting the interview as "man"; and check this most time the person conducting the interview is a woman (i.e. Doris Burke, Heather Cox, Rachel Nichols, Lisa Salters).

I wish these players would stop referring to these women as: man!

I am off my soap box, now, and will get back on my Pistons box. 

Few teams have a player with Labron's mindset. But many put in a lot of work in the off season having good intentions. If you put in the work you have higher expectations in yourself. Somehow Detroit has signed many players who are content to coast in the summer. They have the minds of children happy to party in the hip hop scene. Van Gundy is old school. He will sort out the bad apples we have been watching for too long. I agree that the owner needs to keep out of the Piston operations and let real basketball people do their work.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:24 pm

Just for the record, I disinguish between somebody being DUMB and being basketball dumb!

Josh is no dummy, neither is Jennings, but they both are known to be basketball dumb in certain situations.

For Jennings, you temper it with his youthful experience level, IMO, he should get better in the next 2 years!

For Josh, it's a bit more complex, but the bottom line is that he needs adult supervision to maximize his contribution!

BTW, I do believe he has almost all of the physical ability to be as good as LeBron, he just doesn't use the tools he has as well as LeBron!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty @Oracle

Post  WTF Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Oracle wrote:You're both right!

Wise, you know that at times Josh is the LAST person you want taking shots down the stretch... BUT... I agree, but even as bad as he shot this year how many big shots has it hit this season? Don't get me wrong I prefer we had other players taking those shots.

Don, you know that there are times when he is the one you want taking those shots! Don won't admit it

Let's be clear!

Josh Smith can be a GREAT player, he's blessed with great talent, but he needs direction a lot more than, IMO, a player at his experience level should! Yeah but this doesn't mean the guy is dumb as Don like to say, he's just poorly coached

If he was smarter, he would be near LeBron caliber levels, but he isn't! I honestly don't have a response to this

With josh for me it's simple! If he can be controlled and put into good positions, I want him. If not, I want him gone!

I agree with much of what you're saying
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty That's Not Proof That Personal Feelings

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:07 pm

You're both right!

Wise, you know that at times Josh is the LAST person you want taking shots down the stretch... BUT...

Don, you know that there are times when he is the one you want taking those shots!

Let's be clear!

Josh Smith can be a GREAT player, he's blessed with great talent, but he needs direction a lot more than, IMO, a player at his experience level should!

If he was smarter, he would be near LeBron caliber levels, but he isn't!

With josh for me it's simple! If he can be controlled and put into good positions, I want him. If not, I want him gone!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Sparma

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Sparma wrote:I'm no Drew Sharp fan, in general.  I think Ellis is pretty good, and Goodwill okay.  The beat guys will rarely give you the straight dope, but they do know a lot.  In Sharp's case I had the sense he was conveying an insider's version of things, maybe something Dumars whispered in his ear on the way out?  I agree that suspicion's called for.  But these guys know stuff we don't have access too, if only they'd ever give it to us straight.

Yes, my favorite scenario after that dreadful Gordon trade would have been to draft MCW, to sign Iguodala, and to resign Calderon.  I do think Joe tried with Iguodala, but he preferred G.S.

deusXango wrote:Sparma, you wanted Calderon resigned and Iguodala signed in FA? I wanted Smith and Iguodala signed, along with the drafting of Trey Burke; isn't it strange that most posters wanted other than what Joe Dumars provided? I believe that with either of our "wants" having being met, we'd have made the playoffs and your projection of the 4th seed and around the 20th pick would have come to fruition...my whole point is, that's not what happened; water under the bridge...a non-story, let's move on.

Perhaps I was a little too reckless with my recounting of the facts, but I offer a cautionary note to you my brother, trust and put faith in those writers at your own peril. They're masters of misdirection.

Yup, MCW was the pick, but I wouldn't have been upset with Burke, but a true PG was the logical move, but Joe thought he was smarter(I do like KCP).

Sparma, Joe did want Iguodala first, but you're right, GS had us beat on that one(we got revenge with SVG).

But with MCW, Calderon, Knight & Middleton, the last problem we would have had last year would have been shooting! Those 4 players would have allowed our bigs to have their way down low because any of them were capable of doing damage out to 3pt land!

Major, major mistakes by Joe, and Gores is blameless on this score!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty That's Not Proof That Personal Feelings

Post  WTF Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:55 pm

Wisefan I have a close friend who lives in Atlanta. He was my college roommate. He was extremely happen when Smith signed with another team. Also, I watched a lot of Atlanta games on PASS in his last season with the Hawks and had to agree with my friend. He was a poor free throw shooter at Atlanta and it often got down to fans, the coaching staff and teammates saying what will Josh do this time when he touched the ball. - Don

Again I ask where's your proof? Where's the quotes from coaches making this claim, where the quotes from all these players making that claim? It's not new news about Josh poor FT shooting or his perimeter shooting. I've been watching Josh since his rookie season, I've been watching Hawks games just as much as Pistons games.

I have close friends and family in Atlanta and I can tell you that many hated to see him leave. Some fans recognize that they don't make the playoffs with Josh. I have friends that also think the Hawks beat Indy if they had Josh still.

Stop trying to make Josh into what you want him to be and accept him who he is. I'm not mad because Josh isn't a leader like you want him to be, he's a go to option if used correctly. Is he a go to option on the perimeter? No he's not. Is he the best defender on the floor in the 4th? yes he is.

Don it's okay not to like a player such as Josh, but what not cool is all the lying you do on Josh to prove why everyone else should hate him like you do. I bashed the crap out of players like Knight, Moose, and Singler but it not based on made up stuff or personal dislike.

I have posted article and comments about Josh from fans, players, coaches and even SVG that say's the complete opposite of what you often post concerning Josh.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next