Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:22 pm

lemonpen wrote:Status of the 1st round draft pick that went with BeeGee.

lottery-protected next year,
top-8 protected in 2014,
top-1 protected in 2015 and
unprotected in 2016.

We're gonna have to win a lot more game to blow this one.

Could there be any thread of possibility that management of the team is being manipulated for just long enough to insure the 2013 pick is of lottery status. Twisted Evil
Last season proved it only requries tanking for about 1/3 of the season
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Remember Elden

Post  lemonpen Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Oracle wrote:Let's be clear, the way Maxiell has been playing, and with him hardly being over the hill, there has to be multiple teams looking CLOSELY at this dude.

You know, Max could be a trade deadline move only to return as a free agent after June 30.

taunt taunt taunt taunt
Just messing with the Maxey haters Smile
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty YOU'RE RIGHT LEMON

Post  deusXango Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Sheeeeeeeeeeeit !!!! NO WAY.

It'll just be tooooooooo tempting. [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

LemonPen, doth know me too well.

"Lawrence Frank had a nice start to his NBA coaching career when he was with the Nets, but that's a bit deceptive. Take out the Jason Kidd years and Frank has a career coaching of .348.

The Pistons don't have the greatest collection of talent in the NBA, but they don't have the worst either, and they are coming short of performing according to the talent they have.

There are two things that are disturbing about the Pistons' lack of performance. First, there's the apparent regression of Brandon Knight. His Player Efficiency Rating has fallen from 11.7 to 11.0 and let's face it, 11.7 is no great shakes as it is.

You can understand a sophomore slump form a fantastic freshman, but Knight's rookie season was horrible, and his second is even more so. Frank is not doing well with player development.

The other thing is what can only be described as an apparent lack of enthusiasm on the part of the team. Admittedly, it's hard to make definitive calls on these watching from home, but the Pistons look like they've already phoned it in for the season.

To be perfectly frank, it's time for the Pistons to start firing on at least one cylinder and fire Frank."

Article on the Bleacher Report, today, detailing the "5 Coaches That Need to be Replaced Immediately." Anyone disagree with this?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:10 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Look I enjoy Singler play very much and we shoild do everything possible to keep him. Personally I would keep him before half the players on this team, but he should not be a deal breaker on any trade that could land us an all star player. Right now we see his potential, but this is the same sad ass wait and see story being sung about Stuckey, Amir and others. I agree Singler was a steal in the draft, but he's not un-tradeable

Question for Don, Please in detail what has Josh Smith done that makes you think he's not a good fit on this team? Has he skipped games and practices? Has he cursed on coaching staffs? Abused drugs? Is he lazy? or has poor work ethics and low IQ? You keep saying he's a bad influence I would like to know how so.

Right now as of this date I would love to have a starting lineup of Drummond-C, Monroe-PF, Smith-SF, Singler-SG and Stuckey-PG. Why Stuckey? because he's better than Knight right now and it seems that this team is intent on not actually rebuilding but trying to win games.

Wisefan I do know two players who have shared the locker room with Smith. Let's just leave this idea of suggesting that the Pistons acquire Smith. As Grizz pointed out, his current employer will be offering max contract. Smith is not worth max for sure. And what makes to you think he would want to become a Piston? Why would his agent suggest that he sign with Detroit even if he were the second coming as some believe? We have to hope that Joe Dumars is smarter than we think and he will be able to trade some of the players many believe might be holding this team back. By the way, I do not believe Prince is holding the team back right now but would I trade him for the right offer -YES. The focus is on youth and we have some promising young players to pull for as they mature. We need one more high draft choice to add either another athletic big man or a skill position player. We need to trade Stuckey for a solid player at any position or a high number one draft pick. If the Pistons cannot get much for Stuckey then we should keep him. Regarding any potential trade, the bottom line qualification that any new vet addition needs to have is to have a history of being a smart basketball player. The player has to show management that he has put in the work necessary to act like a complete NBA player. How many GMs want to trade away a player like that? I can think of only one = Joe Dumars. Still Dumars is doing better with his draft work. But I would really like to see Bill Laimbeer as GM of the Detroit Pistons. Then we can get more smart players to go with a smart thinking front office.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty BK7 is doing just fine .. like him very much as PG ...

Post  Grizz3 Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:59 pm

DX ... agreeing with your latest post on pretty much everything .. interesting and well said .. Just would like to point out that the CAV's Irving ... is catching heat from some sports writers on how poorly he is running the team even though his stats are better than Knight's... . I think BK7, given he is playing for a fairly dumb and conceited head coach, is doing quite well .. BK7's attitude seems great .. and willing to take blame when he fails .. Look how much Knight improved with Singler added to the line up .. Really .. the performance of a team and of its individuals is all related . .if one fails .. pretty much all are going to look bad ..

BTW, Frank would NOT have taken Stuckey out of the line up .. EXCEPT .. Stuckey got sick AND Stuckey insisted Singler start . .How much more does that make Frank look like a loser head coach? So Frank's stupidity is a big factor in any BK7 failings ... Unfortunately .....Stuckey is not a legit starter anymore ..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty I made Goodwill cry

Post  Grizz3 Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 pm

I dont know whether to feel ashamed or proud or amused ... but I posted an original post at the DET NEWS article where Goodwill blubbers all over Jmax's recent good performances ... Unlike here, I really wasnt abusive .... .just pointing out Jmax is not a real NBA PF starter and Goodwill needs to be more honest .. HE Didnt like that one bit and asked me (1) not diss him anymore, and (2) instead of posting, email such comments to him personally.... My response to Goodwill was .. Choose: (1) be a journalist and tell the truth or (2) continue being a friend to Frank and Joe D ...

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty If Big Baby is out rebounding you...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Why the F@#$ don't you get more size in the game!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Frank LOVES...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Watching teams make runs on us! He just sits there with his hand in his shirt, or somewhere else, and waits until we're down 15 or 20 points, then something inside this man says... I think we may need a timeout.

Fire his ass tonight!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Drummond comes in...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Instantly 2 blocked shots!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Rant

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Houston, er., I mean Gores, we have a problem... Your coach sucks!!!

But it's not only the coach. When teams make runs on you like this, it exposes a deeper problem that's a combination of 3 things!

Poor coaching, inept veteran leadership, and horrid point guard play. Either one of these is enough to kill you, but right now, we have ALL 3 going on at the same time!

Prince is supposed to be imparting veteran leadership, and we're getting NOTHING that resembles it!

Knight may be the future, but he's a pale imitation of a point guard here in the present.

So during the holiday shopping season, you need to pick up the following.

1. A new coach
2. A point guard to help Knight
3. A really good SF and get rid of Prince, and have Singler back him up
4. Cut the comedy and let's get the Drummond era going
5. You're never going to trade CV, he can't defend flies on his ass, amnesty his ass ASAP!

There's more, but you get the drift, and if Joe can't get the job done, even though I hope he can, then fire his ass too!

Last edited by Oracle on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Courage to Watch this mess of a game

Post  Grizz3 Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:35 pm

Oracle .. you deserve combat pay to have watched the 2nd half ... Sorry to be at work and unable to watch the game ... Would love to have seen it myself because I am a card carrying member of the Twisted Evil I-HATE-L.-Frank-AND-WANT-HIM-FIRED-ASAP Club Mad ...... Welcome! Very Happy

Still think because the PG represents the Head Coach's ideas ... Knight should not be written off as hopeless ... He needs a good coach even more than an experienced PG mentor ...

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Ouch

Post  Sparma2 Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:31 pm

It had seemed like we were digging ourselves out, but not so. On the road, so didn't watch, but listened to part of the game on Sirius. Surprised to hear Orlando's radio guys wondering about Frank and even Dumars' future as the team went down by more than twenty. They mentioned the guys hanging their heads and looking like they'd given up (although they then cut the lead down the stretch).

We all know what the Lakers did. In soccer, Chelsea just fired their coach after winning the Champions' League last year for the first time ever, but hitting a rough patch.

Firing the coach isn't the answer, but it might well be part of the answer. I think it was Oracle who suggested we need to pick up a Jerry Stackhouse type star. I agree. And guys like that should be the easiest kind of star to acquire. A souped up Stuckey would do too, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I expect big things from Drummond, but not that big; maybe McGee level production. And Knight doesn't look like the budding point star we need him to be. One more year to bring in the additional scoring star we need.

It looked like the team was becoming a genuine team, capable of competing. I haven't mentioned Monroe, Singler, and Jerebko yet, but we've got a long ways to go.

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Grizz3 wrote:I dont know whether to feel ashamed or proud or amused ... but I posted an original post at the DET NEWS article where Goodwill blubbers all over Jmax's recent good performances ... Unlike here, I really wasnt abusive .... .just pointing out Jmax is not a real NBA PF starter and Goodwill needs to be more honest .. HE Didnt like that one bit and asked me (1) not diss him anymore, and (2) instead of posting, email such comments to him personally.... My response to Goodwill was .. Choose: (1) be a journalist and tell the truth or (2) continue being a friend to Frank and Joe D ...

Grizz I wonder how many Piston fans want Joe to sign Maxiell to a new contract now. We have some young players I want to see play together. If they lose the rest of their games it would be OK. Then Detroit might get lucky with a number 1 or 2 overall pick next June. We sure would be excited about the Pistons if that could happen. I do not worry about Brandon Knight being a real force in the NBA. He will get there. Brandon has a lot of talent, quickness and he is dedicated and smart. He is a sure thing. Piston fans need to be thinking about how good the team can be in two more seasons and just relax if the coach makes this change. Next season will show huge improvement but the season after that, should be really fun. By that time many of the losers will be long gone. However, the way the Pistons are playing this season, will Monroe want to bolt? Will Joe Dumars be involved with the Pistons two years from now? Cause for alarm Piston owners. White-Darko might cause Dumars to lose some sleep. But how will he live with Billups, Affalo and Budinger having been given away for nothing as it turns out. It is very questionable that the Piston owners have any faith in Joe Dumars after they study the facts. There is no question that Joe bet the farm on Stuckey. Opps, did I forget Charlie V? Did I mention this game tonight? Wow! The pressure is on for both Frank and Dumars. Empty seats will rule. Have a great Thanksgiving Piston fans.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Rant

Post  lemonpen Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:25 am

Oracle wrote:Houston, er., I mean Gores, we have a problem... Your coach sucks!!!

But it's not only the coach. When teams make runs on you like this, it exposes a deeper problem that's a combination of 3 things!

Poor coaching, inept veteran leadership, and horrid point guard play. Either one of these is enough to kill you, but right now, we have ALL 3 going on at the same time!

Prince is supposed to be imparting veteran leadership, and we're getting NOTHING that resembles it!

Knight may be the future, but he's a pale imitation of a point guard here in the present.

So during the holiday shopping season, you need to pick up the following.

1. A new coach
2. A point guard to help Knight
3. A really good SF and get rid of Prince, and have Singler back him up
4. Cut the comedy and let's get the Drummond era going
5. You're never going to trade CV, he can't defend flies on his ass, amnesty his ass ASAP!

There's more, but you get the drift, and if Joe can't get the job done, even though I hope he can, then fire his ass too!

1) I blame the 5 guys that managed to sleepwalk out of the lockerroom back onto the court. They were terrible. LF called TOs at 3 and 14 point deficits. No damn body responded. He subed all 5 guys and still no damn body responded. My only complaint of LF is he quit searching after the deficit grew to 18 and brought back the starters.

2) Yep. But in the mean time sit Bynum and play English. ALL DEEP SHOOTERS ON DECK.

4) I'd delay the decision until the 20 game mark. He hasn't quite learned to not take the fake, or box out, or make the defensive rotations yet. But AD is getting there.

5) Damn Skippy. And leave the spot open. Make the coach use more of what he already has at hand. I'm also feeling like Cory M. needs to sprain an ankle.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Worst team in the NBA is??? The

Post  Phil-Good Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:35 am

Detroit Pistons. I can't lie I did not watch the second half. But I will download the game as see what happen.

All I know is Big Dre should be starting.

But I do know we have the worst team in the NBA and the sad part is the talent does not show the worst team but the results do.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Nothing Personal

Post  Grizz2 Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:18 am

cool breeze wrote:
Grizz3 wrote:I dont know whether to feel ashamed or proud or amused ... but I posted an original post at the DET NEWS article where Goodwill blubbers all over Jmax's recent good performances ... Unlike here, I really wasnt abusive .... .just pointing out Jmax is not a real NBA PF starter and Goodwill needs to be more honest .. HE Didnt like that one bit and asked me (1) not diss him anymore, and (2) instead of posting, email such comments to him personally.... My response to Goodwill was .. Choose: (1) be a journalist and tell the truth or (2) continue being a friend to Frank and Joe D ...

Grizz I wonder how many Piston fans want Joe to sign Maxiell to a new contract now. We have some young players I want to see play together. If they lose the rest of their games it would be OK. Then Detroit might get lucky with a number 1 or 2 overall pick next June. We sure would be excited about the Pistons if that could happen. I do not worry about Brandon Knight being a real force in the NBA. He will get there. Brandon has a lot of talent, quickness and he is dedicated and smart. He is a sure thing. Piston fans need to be thinking about how good the team can be in two more seasons and just relax if the coach makes this change. Next season will show huge improvement but the season after that, should be really fun. By that time many of the losers will be long gone. However, the way the Pistons are playing this season, will Monroe want to bolt? Will Joe Dumars be involved with the Pistons two years from now? Cause for alarm Piston owners. White-Darko might cause Dumars to lose some sleep. But how will he live with Billups, Affalo and Budinger having been given away for nothing as it turns out. It is very questionable that the Piston owners have any faith in Joe Dumars after they study the facts. There is no question that Joe bet the farm on Stuckey. Opps, did I forget Charlie V? Did I mention this game tonight? Wow! The pressure is on for both Frank and Dumars. Empty seats will rule. Have a great Thanksgiving Piston fans.

Cool Breeze, .. nothing personal to Jmax ... The guy seems like he is giving his best? To be honest .. his best year was his first year .. and sometimes then he seemed like Charles Barkley ... but he definitely sat too much from that point on.. Players are like children in that if they dont get to learn when they are just starting out .. this kind of blockage or inactivity takes out a little or a lot of their full talent potential development ...

Joe has some dirty laundry which never had to happen ... Some ridiculously bad moves .. I still say the dumping of the Ben Gordon, who is at least young and can at times shoot the lights out, was ludricously bad as a move since we gave up a number one pick we probably lose in 2014 .. 9 through 20? If we waited 1 more year, we would get that cap space anyway.. and there sure as hell is not need for that much extra cap space since no FAs worth a damn need to be signed by us this season .. It seemed dumb from the moment it happened and this season is re-inforcing that .. Ben G wanted out and Joe D obliged .. And to top it all off C. Maggette is getting playing time at 34 years of age that should be going to young players .. Not 1 minute should go to him .. Just as 1 minute shouldnt have gone no future old vets like Wilkins and Russell Jr. got last season ..

Joe D getting Drummond was a brilliant move and he has done so well in the past few drafts ... BUT BUT BUT .. L. Frank is an unmitigated disaster for the player and team development of the Detroit Pistons .. and is NOT the guy to develop our young team ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Look at what Prince said... WOW!

Post  Phil-Good Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:57 am

"If I was Coach, I would've made a decision sooner than he did," Prince said. "A 6-0 run, call a timeout. Bam-bam, we come back out, nothing happens, bam (make a substitution). If you gotta make a choice, you have to make a choice. (He) went too long."

From The Detroit News: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Like I said. I did not see the second half but I will be looking ASAP to see what happen. But from all the comments it looks like Orlando Rookie Coached out coached Frank again!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Buffoonery III

Post  Grizz2 Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:18 am

Phil1980boy wrote:"If I was Coach, I would've made a decision sooner than he did," Prince said. "A 6-0 run, call a timeout. Bam-bam, we come back out, nothing happens, bam (make a substitution). If you gotta make a choice, you have to make a choice. (He) went too long."

From The Detroit News: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Like I said. I did not see the second half but I will be looking ASAP to see what happen. But from all the comments it looks like Orlando Rookie Coached out coached Frank again!

Phillip .. Good on Prince for telling the truth .. Refreshing as heck ... Oh .. lol betting there are more than a few games L. F. wont get out-coached this season ..

Last edited by Grizz2 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Frank is NOT frank ...

Post  Grizz2 Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:19 am

FRANK: It's hard to play five bigs, and we're playing four. We're trying to find more time for Andre ( Drummond ), let alone throwing another one in the mix," Frank said. "The competition is a little different here; he played in the Ukraine. We have two guys who aren't playing at all, Charlie ( Villanueva ) and Austin ( Daye ), that can help us."

SORRY COACH FRANK, CV AND AD are NOT the ones who need to play more .. Those 2 CANNOT defend at all so cutting them from the team would be more appropriate ..... Drummond and Slava Kravtsov are the ones who need to be in the rotation .. C. Maggette is just too old to bother with .. We are a rebuilding team .. 4 BIGS? Monroe, Jmax (stifles guffaw) and JJ? COME ON, MR. FRANK… Jmax and JJ are NOT real bigs .. more like SFs .. Drummond and Kravstov give us the size we need .. It is very dishonest and / or delusional of you to say the Detroit Pistons are playing 4 BIGS … Mr. Joe Dumars, fire this bum of a head coach before he permanently destroys the budding careers of our best young players.
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty WHADDA 'YA WANT?

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:32 am

cool breeze wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:Look I enjoy Singler play very much and we shoild do everything possible to keep him. Personally I would keep him before half the players on this team, but he should not be a deal breaker on any trade that could land us an all star player. Right now we see his potential, but this is the same sad ass wait and see story being sung about Stuckey, Amir and others. I agree Singler was a steal in the draft, but he's not un-tradeable

Question for Don, Please in detail what has Josh Smith done that makes you think he's not a good fit on this team? Has he skipped games and practices? Has he cursed on coaching staffs? Abused drugs? Is he lazy? or has poor work ethics and low IQ? You keep saying he's a bad influence I would like to know how so.

Right now as of this date I would love to have a starting lineup of Drummond-C, Monroe-PF, Smith-SF, Singler-SG and Stuckey-PG. Why Stuckey? because he's better than Knight right now and it seems that this team is intent on not actually rebuilding but trying to win games.

Wisefan I do know two players who have shared the locker room with Smith. Let's just leave this idea of suggesting that the Pistons acquire Smith. As Grizz pointed out, his current employer will be offering max contract. Smith is not worth max for sure. And what makes to you think he would want to become a Piston? Why would his agent suggest that he sign with Detroit even if he were the second coming as some believe? We have to hope that Joe Dumars is smarter than we think and he will be able to trade some of the players many believe might be holding this team back. By the way, I do not believe Prince is holding the team back right now but would I trade him for the right offer -YES. The focus is on youth and we have some promising young players to pull for as they mature. We need one more high draft choice to add either another athletic big man or a skill position player. We need to trade Stuckey for a solid player at any position or a high number one draft pick. If the Pistons cannot get much for Stuckey then we should keep him. Regarding any potential trade, the bottom line qualification that any new vet addition needs to have is to have a history of being a smart basketball player. The player has to show management that he has put in the work necessary to act like a complete NBA player. How many GMs want to trade away a player like that? I can think of only one = Joe Dumars. Still Dumars is doing better with his draft work. But I would really like to see Bill Laimbeer as GM of the Detroit Pistons. Then we can get more smart players to go with a smart thinking front office.

Don, I don't know if you realize it or not but, I got mad respect for your knowledge of, and passion for the game; that being said, you're beginning to sound like Vinny Goodwill.

First off, your unexplained dislike for one of the leading shot-blockers and rebounders, year after year in the NBA, in Josh Smith is baffleing; all you can offer up is, you "know two players who have shared the locker room with Smith?" What were these players contribution to the Atlanta Hawks? Where are they now? Could they out-play Josh? Stepping in and out of socks and jocks, and being razzed by a veteran (who's no older than you), can earn some negative remarks from rookies in the league. That doesn't mean Smith is a bad guy, it's just obvious that you like those two guys, and they're friends of yours. This is Tom "Money Man" Gores coin you're spending...don't be a miser. Why not a max contract, if it came to that? Look at how much overspending Dumars has done for less talent...a lot less talent!! I rely on your insight Don, what's wrong with a starting frontline of Monroe, Drummond, and Smith? The talent we've got on hand now is not that bad (the coaching is fucked up, that's all), and the addition of a player the caliber of Smith would make a world of difference. When you think of Kravtsov playing behind Drummond, and bringing back Maxiell (and the campaign is on to do so), to backup Monroe, we're pretty damn good in the paint. Oh yeah, we've got Singler as a real good backup SF.

First we didn't want James Harden (he couldn't play without Durant and Westbrook; he was only a bench player; he wasn't worth max money), you remember the guy that personally served up our 1st ass-whipping, now the excuses are rolling in to not bring Josh Smith to Detroit. Lottery draft picks are great but, we're gonna need to bring in some proven top flight talent, at some point, so why not now?

The major obstacle for big men wanting to come to Detroit now IMHO is our guards, mainly Stuckey, and the fact he can do no wrong in the eyes of the GM, and a lot of the fans; he's one of the many ball-hogs on the team, and big men that do work, want to see the ball. We would have to obtain a real PG to sell Smith or any top tier big man to come here; If not top tier talent, what are we gonna build a contender with? We've already tried using mediocre building blocks, and it didn't work.

I didn't mean to insult you Don, 'cause if you got Laimbeer on your mind for our GM, you far out-class Goodwill, Langlois, those "talking heads" over on MLive, the whole damn bunch of media puppets, that dangle from Joe's pocket. So I address you with all due respect.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty WHADDA 'YA WANT?

Post  WTF Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:33 am

Very Happy Thanks DX

Don still never answered my question in detail as I asked. I haven't read one thing about Smith that say's stay away from wanting him on the team. I really don't care what Smith might have said in a locker room, but I do know that he's never been the source of Atlanta's short-comings. What he dose on the court supercedes a couple of scrub players not liking him.

Why wouldn't Josh want to come here and play? I can probably come up with few answers but it has nothing to to with Josh and everything to do with the Joe and the organization foul ups. Also who are these 2 players that shared a locker room with him? The only thing consistent about Atlanta is Josh Smith.

Everyone is looking for the perfect player and there is no such thing.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Exercpts from a disaster

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:34 am

First, thanks Phillip for the article link! I posted during the game about what Frank was doing during that run, but Prince nailed it in that article.

It was confusing considering the manner in which they'd lost to the Magic already, astonishing because the Pistons took only one timeout and when the Magic were at 17 straight points, the entire starting lineup was subbed for a fresh five — which didn't do much better, by the way, stretching the run to 21-0.

Then Prince goes on to say...
"Energy ain't the only thing," Prince said. "That isn't my decision but we need to figure out some things to do when teams are making runs to get us a good opportunity at the rim or the foul line."

Then even more damning...
Prince wished all five players hadn't been subbed en masse.

"If I was Coach, I would've made a decision sooner than he did," Prince said. "A 6-0 run, call a timeout. Bam-bam, we come back out, nothing happens, bam (make a substitution). If you gotta make a choice, you have to make a choice. (He) went too long."

While I agree with lemonpen, the players were sleep walking, IMO, that's why you have a coach, to get the sleepers off the court and put in the guys wide awake.

BTW, later in the article, we get gems like this...

Many thought Kravtsov's rebounding and shot-blocking ability would be a welcome addition, but thus far, he hasn't made it onto the floor, and is resigned to showing off his impressive wardrobe while heading to the sidelines.In the coming games, Frank plans on splitting time on the inactive list for Kim English and Khris Middleton . English had been in the rotation early when Corey Maggette was out but has found himself, like Kravtsov, on the outside looking in.

WTF???

Is there any hope for Frank at this point?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Must Be Tough When A Pussy Calls You A Pussy

Post  WTF Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:14 am

Sometimes you all seem shocked by the out come of these games, and really you shouldn't be. As long as we keep down this path of half assing it on the direction these team is going we can expects these types of dumb ass losses.

IMO fuck Prince's comments and the pointing of fingers at the coach. When this 17-0 run occurred his ass was right on the court with the rest the starters getting their asses kicked. This is why I don't like Prince, he spent the best part of his career playing 5th fiddle behind Chauncey, Rip Sheed and Big Ben both offensively and defensively. Now as the remaining piece expected to lead this transition all he's fucking done is point his finger at the last 3 coaches rather it's been fair or unfair he has yet to point at himself.

I can't put much stock in anything Prince cowardly ass say's. Why would a player like him stay on a team like this in the first place when opportunity after opportunity presented itself to play for a contender? Is it the easy money and no real responsibilty as a supposed veteran leader on the team? or is it finally being found out as the fraud he's been his entire career.

Tell me we wouldn't have all felt differently about this loss if we watch the youngster lose this game in the 3rd oppose to starting vets on this team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Firing L. Frank ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:32 am

Oracle wrote:First, thanks Phillip for the article link! I posted during the game about what Frank was doing during that run, but Prince nailed it in that article.

It was confusing considering the manner in which they'd lost to the Magic already, astonishing because the Pistons took only one timeout and when the Magic were at 17 straight points, the entire starting lineup was subbed for a fresh five — which didn't do much better, by the way, stretching the run to 21-0.

Then Prince goes on to say...
"Energy ain't the only thing," Prince said. "That isn't my decision but we need to figure out some things to do when teams are making runs to get us a good opportunity at the rim or the foul line."

Then even more damning...
Prince wished all five players hadn't been subbed en masse.

While I agree with lemonpen, the players were sleep walking, IMO, that's why you have a coach, to get the sleepers off the court and put in the guys wide awake.

BTW, later in the article, we get gems like this...

Many thought Kravtsov's rebounding and shot-blocking ability would be a welcome addition, but thus far, he hasn't made it onto the floor, and is resigned to showing off his impressive wardrobe while heading to the sidelines.In the coming games, Frank plans on splitting time on the inactive list for Kim English and Khris Middleton . English had been in the rotation early when Corey Maggette was out but has found himself, like Kravtsov, on the outside looking in.

WTF???

Is there any hope for Frank at this point?

Oracle all WE can hope for is that Gores and Joe don't plan to give this guy no more than five more games. Now, if L. Frank is lucky enough to go 5-0 in the next five then he may have a sound argument for remaining the Head Coach of OUR Detroit Pistons.

Like, Sir Charles has said more than a time or three: I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

OUR Pistons will not win the next five games, bringing the first month of the season to 7-10.

Next up are:

Tomorrow (11/23) vs. the Raptors: The Raptors know US well. Play their young guys. And, Dwayne Casey wants a win badly, too.

Sunday (11/25) @ the Knicks: A 1:00 matinee in the Garden. The way the Knicks are playing now, especially after taking a couple of L's, this week, will not loose to OUR Pistons, Sunday.

Monday (11/26) vs. Portland: The first of two home games in succession. The Trailblazers, a team with a very good starting five and a dynamite young Point. Damian Lilliard is the real deal, expect Knight and Stuckey to get dragged on the Palace floor. Note: Portland has a mid-afternoon affair in Brooklyn on Sunday, so their 24 hour schedule will be very similar to OUR Pistons.

Wednesday (11/28) vs. Phoenix: The Suns have already beaten little L. Frank. Will they do it, again?

Friday (11/30) @ the Grizzlies: After possibly going 0-4 for the week, OUR Pistons travel to Memphis, to get an ass whopping.

Now, WE go 0-5 this week. L. Frank has got to go for sure, especially if he continues with employing the fucked up starting line-ups and rotations. If players continue to be unresponsive, then there will be no justification for retaining L. Frank, come December 1, 2012.

If WE do go 0-5 and L. Frank is allowed to travel with the team to Dallas, on Saturday, December 1, then I may very well be done.

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Happy Thanksgiving to you all ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:19 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next