Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:02 pm

[quote="Sebastian"]Not that I particularly care about these two guys, Dwight Howard and Labron James, or their respective teams, but why wouldn't the Heat trade Labron James to the Magic straight-up for Dwight Howard.quote]

Seb, that would be a great move for Miami because they already know that DWade paired with a good bigman is championship gold.

However, I don't see that it benefits Orlando as much.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:05 pm

deusXango wrote:Flip, Langlois is such a dead-head that maggots have grown on his brain, and judging by the rot coming from his mouth, it won't be long before they start crawling out of his nose and ears. I stopped reading the mailbag long ago because I've never witnessed one person line up so many sincere fans and insult their intelligence, sparing no one! That guy is the best at what he does, whatever it is he do, ain't fan friendly. Watch yourself over there buddy.

There's good news and bad news in DX's statements.

The good is that the visual is classic, lol!

The bad, for Langolis, is that he's also correct.

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Murph wrote:But he's still the best center in the NBA, hands down, and a shoo-in HOFer.

Murph, I'll give you 1 out of 2, he is the best center in the NBA right now, but shooin HOF'er?

I'm not as sold on the HOF stuff yet.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty this is what real sports journalism looks like...

Post  frankied Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:39 pm

this is an article, not the recap, but just an article, about a portland loss to GS.
the paper's beat writer is just writing about the game and the players' performances.
he doesn't give vague information about the team just happening to lose a lead, or things just happening to happen.
no, he specifically talks about players and specific plays and how and why things happened. in the process, he names names and lays blame for certain things right where the blame rests on the play of the players.
in other words, real journalism.
now, the team is 10-7, which isn't great, but certainly not that bad.
do you ever read anything of this sort in the freep or the news? especially considering how bad the team has been.
this is just a small example of the kind of reporting that goes on all of the time here in portland.
i'm still waiting for detroit papers to follow suit.

"Both of those problem areas were on display Wednesday when the Blazers lost 101-93 at Golden State in a game that was there for the taking. Felton, the starting point guard, was benched for the final five minutes of the game, after another woeful shooting night (2-for-10). And Crawford had a nightmarish time filling in, amassing six turnovers in hideous fashion. Meanwhile, Matthews shot well (5-for-9 including 3-of-4 on threes), but he often lost Curry, which allowed the Warriors’ slick shooting guard wide open looks all night. Curry finished with 32 points on 12-of-19 shooting.
After the game, coach Nate McMillan once again shrugged his shoulders while deflecting questions about the play of his guards, his body language and facial expressions saying “What can I do?”...
The game turned at the end of the third quarter when Crawford replaced Felton with 3:16 left and the Blazers leading 70-69. The Blazers were outscored 10-4 to close the quarter, in large part because of backbreaking turnovers by Crawford. In the final 1:27, Crawford had three turnovers, two of which resulted in breakaway dunks. The other - a clean pick of Crawford’s dribble by Curry - didn’t result in a basket because Curry blew an uncontested fast-break layin."
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:45 pm

Oracle wrote:
Murph wrote:But he's still the best center in the NBA, hands down, and a shoo-in HOFer.

Murph, I'll give you 1 out of 2, he is the best center in the NBA right now, but shooin HOF'er?

I'm not as sold on the HOF stuff yet.
typically, if a player is the best at his position for a few seasons, he gets in the HOF.
imho, it is an indictment of today's big guys, the fact that howard is probably the best "center" around, but he probably is.
the point is, he aint all that.
last night's loss to boston was a perfect example of why he isnt.
in the middle of losing a 27 point lead, he scores 1 basket in the 4th quarter. i don't care how bad your guards are, a hall of fame center, the biggest, baddest guy on the floor - supposedly - has to score more than 1 basket as his team is blowing that kind of lead.
unfortunately, he doesn't have the skills - even after 8 years in the league - to get points against even average defenses.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty howard to blame for epic loss to celts?

Post  frankied Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:00 pm

i'm not the only one who thinks that howard's offense is a joke.
seems like lots of others are thinking it and saying it.
check out the first take video over at pistonpowered, which discusses that same issue.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Where's The Excitement?

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:18 pm

R U The Fuck Red E 2 Roar?!?!?!??!??!?!

Tip-off in 20 minutes!

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:38 pm

links?
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:43 pm

frankied wrote:typically, if a player is the best at his position for a few seasons, he gets in the HOF.
imho, it is an indictment of today's big guys, the fact that howard is probably the best "center" around, but he probably is.
the point is, he aint all that.

Frankie, you read my mind, but I just didn't want to say it, but you're 100% right!

Howard wouldn't have any lunch against Shaq, Kareem, Lanier, Hakeem Olajuwon, and others! Hell, he would struggle against James Edwards.

He's gotten better since he could only dunk, but he's still so limited it's embarrassing.

However, having said all of that, I'd take him on the Pistons is a NY minute!

Simply put, he's better than the rest of the bums out there.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Links

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:44 pm

frankied wrote:links?

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Howard

Post  Murph Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:22 pm

A few points. First, I never said Howard was a great offensive player. I said he was the best center in the NBA and a future HOFer. Second, calling Howard's offense a "joke" doesn't make any sense. He scores almost 20 ppg, which is tops among NBA centers (Bargnani being injured). Third, Howard only got one shot in the 4th quarter last night, and he hit it. Fourth, any coach running a team that can only get Dwight Howard 1 shot in the 4th quarter ought to be fired immediately. Fifth, any PG that can only get Howard 1 shot in the 4th stinks, and should not start. Sixth, I doubt if Howard is very motivated after playing for Stan Van Gundy for 5 years, and playing with Jameer Nelson for 8 years, so he probably isn't playing up to his full potential. Seventh, Skip Bayless is an idiot, if he thinks Andrew Bynum is a better center than Howard (and I like Bynum). However, if you put Bynum on that train wreck of a team in Orlando, he'd struggle to put up points, and the Magic would stuggle to play .500.

Just my opinions...

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Agree with all points, Murph. He's the best right now.

If the Heat traded Lebron (Or Wade) for Howard, I'd bet the house, wife, and daughter on the Heat. OK.................maybe not the daughter.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:02 pm

@Murph - I don't think his offense is a joke, and I agree with almost all you said, but I am struggling with the HOF stuff.

If what he's done thus far is HOF worthy, I think you have to rethink what the HOF really means!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Oracle- I think Ben Wallace should go into the HOF based solely on his Defense. Howard isn't too far behind Ben, if at all, plus he scores 20 a game. He's a lock.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:26 pm

FlyDog wrote:Oracle- I think Ben Wallace should go into the HOF based solely on his Defense. Howard isn't too far behind Ben, if at all, plus he scores 20 a game. He's a lock.

Fly, I get a lot of Chinese food, but I'm still hungry an hour later, LOL!

Ben Wallace: 1 championship, many playoff runs, at least 6 ECF apperances, DPOY, MUCH more of a game changer in his prime than Howard has ever been. Plus, I've never seen ANYBODY dominate Ben the way Sheed dominated Howard consistently for years.

Points per game don't mean a thing to me, it's your impact on the game, and Howard isn't an impact player, at least so far.

Do I think he could, and should be an impact player? Hell yeah, the dude has ALL the potential in the world, but I haven't seen it yet.

BTW, Ben is doing all of that at 6'8.5!!! Manning up against Shaq, which Howard could never do!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty WOW, Bringing out the Old School

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Film on the Pistons!

Short shorts days, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty JMax is on FIRE!!!

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:41 pm

Man, why can't he do that at least every other night!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Head/Heart

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:47 pm

Head says play hard, but lose!

Heart says I want to win!!!

Decisions, decisions, lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Head/Heart - Butt Fart

Post  Oracle Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Oh well, I guess the head wins!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty A Couple Of "HEY's" And A Few "OH's!" Away From A Win

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:18 pm

If this game, and the last game for that matter, isn't a condemnation against Joe Dumars; I'm not sure what is. Tay out with family problems again (Is the mothership having transmission problems?), and Stuckey playing HORRIBLY down the stretch, yet once again, the Pistons valiantly almost won with the young guys. Not to mention Ben Gordon shifting from family issues to a shoulder problem. And Charlie's ankle "Injury".

Get a fuckin grip, Dumars. My God. By my count, Joe had 26 million dollars a year out for various reasons, and his newly signed 8 million a year guy (HEY!) handing the game to the Hawks down the stretch. That's 26 million out, and 8 million sucking ass.

FIRE HIS LAME ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Oracle wrote:
FlyDog wrote:Oracle- I think Ben Wallace should go into the HOF based solely on his Defense. Howard isn't too far behind Ben, if at all, plus he scores 20 a game. He's a lock.

Fly, I get a lot of Chinese food, but I'm still hungry an hour later, LOL!

Ben Wallace: 1 championship, many playoff runs, at least 6 ECF apperances, DPOY, MUCH more of a game changer in his prime than Howard has ever been. Plus, I've never seen ANYBODY dominate Ben the way Sheed dominated Howard consistently for years.

Points per game don't mean a thing to me, it's your impact on the game, and Howard isn't an impact player, at least so far.

Do I think he could, and should be an impact player? Hell yeah, the dude has ALL the potential in the world, but I haven't seen it yet.

BTW, Ben is doing all of that at 6'8.5!!! Manning up against Shaq, which Howard could never do!
what oracle said. 100%!!!
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:36 pm

You could put Howard, with Rasheed in his prime; match them up with Larry, Moe and Curley, and win a Championship. Let alone Chauncey and Rip.

Ben was great, deserves the HOF, imo. NOT better than Howard though. To me, it's not even close.

Don't underestimate Sheed's influence. People always do that.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty It is weird

Post  Grizz Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 pm

FlyDog wrote:If this game, and the last game for that matter, isn't a condemnation against Joe Dumars; I'm not sure what is. Tay out with family problems again (Is the mothership having transmission problems?), and Stuckey playing HORRIBLY down the stretch, yet once again, the Pistons valiantly almost won with the young guys. Not to mention Ben Gordon shifting from family issues to a shoulder problem. And Charlie's ankle "Injury".

Get a fuckin grip, Dumars. My God. By my count, Joe had 26 million dollars a year out for various reasons, and his newly signed 8 million a year guy (HEY!) handing the game to the Hawks down the stretch. That's 26 million out, and 8 million sucking ass.

FIRE HIS LAME ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fly Dog .. Well said! I can think of at least 5 or 6 times when a player has been out for personal reasons this season . ..What gives? I suppose the injuries are due to the shortened training camp . And CV being the least in shape at any moment in time .. makes sense he would go and get injured with relish . .. Strong and true statement on the 26 million dollars playing hookey .. If the Piston could suddenly exchange those players and 26 million dollars for OTHER BETTER MORE DEDICATED PLAYERS, we would be in great shape .. As it is .. those deadwood (I would have included Jmax except he played so well today) are a real albatross around this team's neck .. Development only gets harder with them hanging around .. Stilll no Macklin either .. But we will play D-league pick ups like Wilkins and Russel!"!"!!!!????? To me . the fact that that is happening .. shows me JOE DUMARS decides who starts and plays .. and it is only a matter of time before Frank is shown the door because if he isnt strong enough to stand up to Dumars, then he wont last as our head coach ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty There Is No Doubt In My Mind, Grizz

Post  FlyDog Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 pm

That Joe Dumars has been running this team since Flip Saunders took over. We all can see the results. Fuck you, Joe. This sucks. You sir, suck.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:15 am

FlyDog wrote:You could put Howard, with Rasheed in his prime; match them up with Larry, Moe and Curley, and win a Championship. Let alone Chauncey and Rip.

Ben was great, deserves the HOF, imo. NOT better than Howard though. To me, it's not even close.

Don't underestimate Sheed's influence. People always do that.

So your bottom line is wouldda couldda shouldda gets you into the HOF???

IMO, the HOF is for what you actually did, NOT what you could have done.

Howard hasn't done squat, but with todays lax standards, who knows.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next