Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Can the Thunder pull a Bad Boys on the Heat?

Post  Oracle Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

1990, the 2-3-2 format, and Portland comes into Detroit ang wins one game!

Detroit hadn't won in Portalnd in year, and it look really bleak for the Bad Boys... well to everybody except them!!!

The Pistons calmly walked into Portland and became the FIRST team to take all three middle games since the introduction of that format, to win the title! It's hard to beat a bad team 3 strait times, and almost impossible to beat a championship team 3 strait, but they did it and made history!

The Thunder don't, and probably can't win all 3, but they do need to steal one of these games!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty PRACTICE?! WE'RE TALKIN' ABOUT PRACTICE??!! NOT THE GAME I'D DIE FOR, BUT PRACTICE.

Post  deusXango Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:54 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:Xango you are so in love with V.Mac. I hate to bring you back to earth but if he was so good he would kick ass in practice and make everybody notice that he is A special player.

I hate to be the one to break the news to you but V.Mack is A so so player and he has been given plenty of opportunity to kick ass in practice everyday!

He is not the next Tim Duncan Xango so let the V.Mack love fest pass in the wind like when you pass gas in the public!

Sorry to tell you but he is not that guy!
[u]

How do you know that he hasn't kicked ass in practice? The fact is, neither one of us know what Macklin can do, and that's my whole point; nobody knows what the man can do. He has as much chance of being "that guy" as Henson, Sullinger, or Moultrie; none of them may kick ass in practice.

The question in my mind is not so much as why he wasn't played, but why wasn't he sent down to the D-League sooner if he couldn't play? Why did his coach wait until the ass end of the D-League season (when his stats couldn't be counted because of lack of games played), before sending him down? PhillipBoy, please don't use that "where he was drafted in the second round" nonsense as an arguement to validate him not being given a chance. Wait a minute. What about giving Monroe a chance to be partnered up with a legit big last year? That's where the unfairness was shown.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:51 pm

deusXango wrote: How do you know that he hasn't kicked ass in practice? The fact is, neither one of us know what Macklin can do, and that's my whole point; nobody knows what the man can do. He has as much chance of being "that guy" as Henson, Sullinger, or Moultrie; none of them may kick ass in practice.

The question in my mind is not so much as why he wasn't played, but why wasn't he sent down to the D-League sooner if he couldn't play? Why did his coach wait until the ass end of the D-League season (when his stats couldn't be counted because of lack of games played), before sending him down? PhillipBoy, please don't use that "where he was drafted in the second round" nonsense as an arguement to validate him not being given a chance. Wait a minute. What about giving Monroe a chance to be partnered up with a legit big last year? That's where the unfairness was shown.

I have to agree! While Phillip is right that there isn't a lot of evidence on Macklin, the evidence that we have is AWESOME!

I always hate it when people assume a player can't play, simply because our management of players is so HORRIBLE!

This franchise, for some reason, will develop high draft choices, or highly thought of choices(Stuckey), and let everyone else rot on the vine(the exception is Darko, who never got developed, and turned into a slug).

Macklin is more a casuality of the Pistons Development System, IMO, than anything else, but we won't know unless they either play him or trade him where he can play!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Interesting interview with David Stern at Halftime

Post  Oracle Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:26 pm

He said that he only had one job before becoming NBA comissioner, and he was there for 12 years, and been with the NBA over 30 years!

This begs the question... How the hell did he get that job with so little experience?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty How was the game?

Post  Grizz3 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:23 am

hey gang, .... didnt watch Game 3 yet .. but did record it ... but wont watch it knowing the Heat have won ...

So, my question is .. was it a fairly called game? Did the referees favor the Heat once more? just wondering .. It will be very hard to take if the Heat win the NBA title ..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

Post  Grizz3 Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 am

hey gang, .... didnt watch Game 3 yet .. but did record it ... but wont watch it knowing the Heat have won ...

So, my question is .. was it a fairly called game? Did the referees favor the Heat once more? just wondering .. It will be very hard to take if the Heat win the NBA title ..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:36 am

Grizz, the refs didn't need any help, the Thunder imploded all by themselves at critical moments.

They missed free throws that would have had them up by a comfortable margin, they had critical turnovers, and their coaching sucked by not calling a timeout during a scoreless stretch to calm them down.

Even with all of that, they still could have won!

So the refs get a pass on this one, even though they gave the Heaters some favorable calls, they didn't impact the game.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty For a good take on the game, see this...

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:08 am

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Thanks for the Update, Oracle ...

Post  Grizz Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:58 am

Oracle wrote:Grizz, the refs didn't need any help, the Thunder imploded all by themselves at critical moments.

They missed free throws that would have had them up by a comfortable margin, they had critical turnovers, and their coaching sucked by not calling a timeout during a scoreless stretch to calm them down.

So the refs get a pass on this one, even though they gave the Heaters some favorable calls, they didn't impact the game.

Geeze .. in my heart of hearts .. I cannot see how the Heat can win without the refs cheating for them .. but .. I guess it is good to know this game didnt require that ... Maybe the Thunder need to lose in the finals once to know what it takes to be a champion ... Oh well .. I'm a Pistons fan .. why the hell should I care if they fuck it up and allow the HATED HEAT to win ???!!
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Thanks for this link too! .. Interesting ...

Post  Grizz Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:02 am

Oracle wrote:[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

I dont really expect Westbrook to implode or change his game because of this ... Pretty much do or die in game 4 .. What a bad move by Brooks! 5 minutes on the bench?!! Idiotic ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty V Goodwill has an EXCELLENT article in DetNews today

Post  WTF Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:44 am

Rett wrote:
Column: Jordan, Pippen, Magic, Stern all hypocrites over Isiah-gate
The 1st article written telling it like it is.....Excellent read.

I don't know how to post the link or I would have done that...<(

I didn't see or read anything that smells of excellence in this article it was typical Detroit Homerism written by a kiss butt writer.

We all know Zeke was wrongly left off the team, but this continuing whining over spilled milk is silly. Really who gives a shot what Magic, Pippen and MJ has to say about this or what roles they played in keeping Zeke off to go on with this like it happens yesterday is insane.

Goodwillk article would have been excellent if he just simply wrote the words "Fuck You The End" under that headline, because the only factual evidence he presented perhaps was the timeline of Magic's comments but we all know Magic is a sellout attention seeking ass-hole who loves re-writing history and living in the past to keep his ego stroked.

If you notice you don't hear Zeke yapping about it, though it might burn deeply inside of him he chooses not to be part of ESPN and the media's Monkey Show. He does this because nothing MJ, Pippen or Magic can say will change the fact that he whipped on their asses, and had a 3rd title stolen form him. He beated and dominated every single player on the Dream Team, He's still a HOF, and still can be argued as the best PG in NBA history. Half of that team don't even have a NBA Title to talk about or remember having so when ass holes like Malone and Barkley weigh in with their comments they might as well not be speaking at all.

No if Goodwill wants a excellent article then he should get it from questioning the player affected in all of this which is Zeke, that would be the biggest scoop any writer could have. Not getting on the Dream Team was just one failure out many accomplishments but really that failure belonged to thiose that kept him off of that Dream Team.

Zeke was a warrior and he's a warrior now, he was the best warrior with the biggest heart than all of the Dream Team combined. Those players were envious of Zeke then and they still are now. Fuck the Dream Team and their over-hype Olympic accomplishments it's not as if they accomplished what they did by bitting teams that we're on par with them it was more akin to kicking an infant in a stroller, or a military victory over Grenada. Personally I didn't watch that shit back then because it was a farce to begin with.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 am

Grizz wrote:
Oracle wrote:Grizz, the refs didn't need any help, the Thunder imploded all by themselves at critical moments.

Geeze .. in my heart of hearts .. I cannot see how the Heat can win without the refs cheating for them .. but .. I guess it is good to know this game didnt require that ... Maybe the Thunder need to lose in the finals once to know what it takes to be a champion ... Oh well .. I'm a Pistons fan .. why the hell should I care if they fuck it up and allow the HATED HEAT to win ???!!

I agree Oracle this was a game OKC should have one, I thought the turning point was those dumbass back to back fouls on those 3pt attempts by Miami allowing them six FT's dumb fouls by both Fisher and Serg
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:55 am

Oracle wrote:
deusXango wrote: How do you know that he hasn't kicked ass in practice? The fact is, neither one of us know what Macklin can do, and that's my whole point; nobody knows what the man can do. He has as much chance of being "that guy" as Henson, Sullinger, or Moultrie; none of them may kick ass in practice.

I have to agree! While Phillip is right that there isn't a lot of evidence on Macklin, the evidence that we have is AWESOME!

I always hate it when people assume a player can't play, simply because our management of players is so HORRIBLE!

This franchise, for some reason, will develop high draft choices, or highly thought of choices(Stuckey), and let everyone else rot on the vine(the exception is Darko, who never got developed, and turned into a slug).

Macklin is more a casuality of the Pistons Development System, IMO, than anything else, but we won't know unless they either play him or trade him where he can play!

We all know P-Boy sucks Pistons drawers. The evidence clearly shows that Macklin has potential just looking at the limited time he had on the floor in NBA games and his numbers he put up in the D-League. There is a bad habit in these parts of poorly developing players, Frank was an idiot for not giving this kid more PT in a season that should have been all about developing and rebuilding. As I've said countless times I would have gladly gave Macklin Big Ben minutes on the floor this season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty @ The Fella's

Post  WTF Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:57 am

BTW Gents Happy Belated Father's Day
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Write the NBA to tell them that you believe that all of the playoff series have been fixed so the Heat can win the championship

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:08 pm

I received a response from the league office after voicing my concern that the games are not being called honestly. I cited the play where a ref was not more than 3 feet from James when he clearly fouled Durant before the shot at the end of game 2. Two free throws would have tied the game. The officials determined the outcome of that game. Also, I explained that it is impossible that Labron James has such a low total amount of fouls called against him.

I responded today again to advise the league that my wife was out shopping during the game on Sunday and came into contact with several couples that we know. She advised that I was home watching the basketball game. All of our friends made the following remark. "Doesn't he know that the games are fixed?" I also cited the fact that everytime Wade enters the paint, he jumps into a defender rather than going straight up on his shot. Regardless of the fact that he might be inside the dotted line, Wade has created the contact and is knocking players to the floor and then going to the foul line everytime. That is the key, he gets that call everytime. So that much be a league rule especially set up for Wade. Durant has to be very careful to go straight up. Another fact I related from the last game involved the point in the game when Durant received his 4th foul. The replay showed America that he didn't foul anyone. This call was made while the Thunder players were on a great run playing extremely well. As soon as Durant went to the bench, I knew the game was over.

I think we fans need to write the NBA often to let them know we know what is going on. My suggestions to them include the need to eliminate having the refs stand near any bench before or during free throws and carry on conversations with players and coaches. Also, there should be no communication allowed between players and refs. I have seen Labron and Duane talk a lot with refs just after timeouts are called. My bet is that the ratings were low for the last game. Nobody believes that The Thunder has a chance to win the championship now the ways the games have been called. The players seem to have lost confidence on the Oklahoma team. Don't get me wrong, Miami is playing great right now but they are getting every call and fouls are being called whenever the Thunder seem to be playing well. I suggested to the NBA if they do not want to offer honest basketball, then they should tell the television networks carrying the games to eliminate the replays and the conversations that are going on between the refs and the players and coaches. Maybe Pat Riley will come down to the floor in the next game to have a talk with the refs if things are not going well for the Heat.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty What evidence do I have about V.Mack?

Post  Phil-Good Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:38 pm

What evidence can I come up with to question if V.Mack is as good as some of you thing he is. LET ME THINK!!!

I have 7.

1.C.Billups.

2. RIP Hamilton

3.Ben Wallace

4.T.Prince

5. Will Bynum

6.C.Williamson

7.Jones Jerebko

Here is A list of 7 FREAKING PLAYERS That nobody thought could play in the NBA but The Pistons looked deeper and found jewels!!!!

The Detroit Pistons have A track record of finding A diamond in the rough. So why in the hell would I say V.Mack might not be as good as some of us think?

The same reason why If the Spurs cut a 7' footer player I know he can't play.

Because the Spurs know what the hell they doing!!! And so does the Detroit Pistons!!

Last edited by Phil1980boy on Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:39 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:

From what I saw of Macklin last season, he didn't react on defense the way the coach wanted. That is the key to getting playing time if you are a rookie. If you can understand and execute the rotations on defense and get yourself in position to block shots, stop dribble penetration and get defensive rebounds, you will get the playing time. Macklin couldn't do it when he had his chances. The coaches want Macklin to be able to understand how to play, but he showed them he didn't understand and the key players had very little trust in Macklin. The players actually decide who plays. If you show that you do not have your head and body in the game, the players will start wondering why a guy is getting playing time. Guys like Wallace who might be old and cannot jump still have their head in the game and know what to do in every situation. Maybe we already have a guy in Macklin who is every bit as good as the big man Dumars might draft. You might be correct with that assessment unless Detroit drafts Meyers Leonard. Leonard is a big guy who can play center. He has potential to be a high quality player. I think it will be a big mistake to pass on him unless Detroit can trade down and get two first round picks.

We all know P-Boy sucks Pistons drawers. The evidence clearly shows that Macklin has potential just looking at the limited time he had on the floor in NBA games and his numbers he put up in the D-League. There is a bad habit in these parts of poorly developing players, Frank was an idiot for not giving this kid more PT in a season that should have been all about developing and rebuilding. As I've said countless times I would have gladly gave Macklin Big Ben minutes on the floor this season.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Draft

Post  Sparma Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:05 pm

The Pistons could be locked into mediocrity for a long time, so that it makes sense to swing for the fences: Drummond (if he happens to fall as Langlois thinks he could) or Perry Jones or Meyers Leonard. On the other hand, they arguably are close enough to look for the right complementary piece to Monroe, like Tyler Zeller or John Henson. I'm guessing Sullinger will be regarded as overly resembling Monroe in purported lack of athleticism; I suspect he'll do quite well for someone. With Gores putting pressure on Joe with his talk of playoffs, I see Joe opting for Zeller or Henson. I don't mind either, but would be inclined to go for Leonard myself unless Drummond fell.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Write the NBA to tell them that you believe that all of the playoff series have been fixed so the Heat can win the championship

Post  Grizz3 Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:48 pm

DON POSTED:

Write the NBA to tell them that you believe that all of the playoff series have been fixed so the Heat can win the championship

I received a response from the league office after voicing my concern that the games are not being called honestly. I cited the play where a ref was not more than 3 feet from James when he clearly fouled Durant before the shot at the end of game 2. Two free throws would have tied the game. The officials determined the outcome of that game. Also, I explained that it is impossible that Labron James has such a low total amount of fouls called against him.

I responded today again to advise the league that my wife was out shopping during the game on Sunday and came into contact with several couples that we know. She advised that I was home watching the basketball game. All of our friends made the following remark. "Doesn't he know that the games are fixed?" I also cited the fact that everytime Wade enters the paint, he jumps into a defender rather than going straight up on his shot. Regardless of the fact that he might be inside the dotted line, Wade has created the contact and is knocking players to the floor and then going to the foul line everytime. That is the key, he gets that call everytime. So that much be a league rule especially set up for Wade. Durant has to be very careful to go straight up. Another fact I related from the last game involved the point in the game when Durant received his 4th foul. The replay showed America that he didn't foul anyone. This call was made while the Thunder players were on a great run playing extremely well. As soon as Durant went to the bench, I knew the game was over.

I think we fans need to write the NBA often to let them know we know what is going on. My suggestions to them include the need to eliminate having the refs stand near any bench before or during free throws and carry on conversations with players and coaches. Also, there should be no communication allowed between players and refs. I have seen Labron and Duane talk a lot with refs just after timeouts are called. My bet is that the ratings were low for the last game. Nobody believes that The Thunder has a chance to win the championship now the ways the games have been called. The players seem to have lost confidence on the Oklahoma team. Don't get me wrong, Miami is playing great right now but they are getting every call and fouls are being called whenever the Thunder seem to be playing well. I suggested to the NBA if they do not want to offer honest basketball, then they should tell the television networks carrying the games to eliminate the replays and the conversations that are going on between the refs and the players and coaches. Maybe Pat Riley will come down to the floor in the next game to have a talk with the refs if things are not going well for the Heat.

GRIZZ WROTE:

Thanks very much making some very salient points .. The NBA's separate rules for Wade and LBJ are so enraging. I didnt see the game and wondered about the 4th foul on Durant .. Thanks for confirming it .. It would be far easier for the Heat team to not play as well if LBJ or Wade ever made more than 1 foul again .. I guess we are insane because very few sports writers ever address this issue, and in fact, due their damnest to cover up any obvious Heat-favoring calls .. I have even noticed ABC not replaying foul calls which looked wrong .. replaying a different play instead ... .. nevertheless ... Fight the Power ... and flame NBA offices .. I will once again .. We dont have to go along with the NBA's corruption .. And it is all for more money .... nothing else ..

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Sparma wrote:The Pistons could be locked into mediocrity for a long time, so that it makes sense to swing for the fences: Drummond (if he happens to fall as Langlois thinks he could) or Perry Jones or Meyers Leonard. On the other hand, they arguably are close enough to look for the right complementary piece to Monroe, like Tyler Zeller or John Henson. I'm guessing Sullinger will be regarded as overly resembling Monroe in purported lack of athleticism; I suspect he'll do quite well for someone. With Gores putting pressure on Joe with his talk of playoffs, I see Joe opting for Zeller or Henson. I don't mind either, but would be inclined to go for Leonard myself unless Drummond fell.

Sparma I just got off the phone with an old friend who I highly respect relating to his knowledge of basketball at the college level and he suggests that there is no big man in this draft that will make a difference for at least two to three years. He believes that the Pistons should try to get lucky in the second round by taking two big men and draft a guard with the first pick. He suspects that Lillard might not be drafted until the Pistons get their chance if Portland passes on him. My friend says that Lillard is one player who can change a club. He says there are other guards in this draft who are better or have potential to be better than the current group with the exception of Knight. It is not likely Dumars will draft a guard and part with Stuckey to obtain a real player to support Monroe but who knows. The upside of drafting Leonard is that he has the potential to become a real strong shot blocker but that will be two to four years away. The other prospects like Henson or his teammate should be able to crack the rotation coming off the bench but likely will never be starters and they will not be strong or wise enough to crack the rotation unless the Pistons regress from this season. I guess a good guide right now would be, can any of the potential first round big men hang for one quarter with Ben Wallace at his age? I doubt they could do it. Macklin still can't do it. So the Pistons will continue to lose until they obtain a real center who can play some defense and block shots and not play basketball like an idiot.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty Regarding Jason Maxiell

Post  Sebastian Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:09 pm

I have a strong belief that Maxey will opt out of his final year and give US another $5 million to work with.

My reasoning is Maxey is looking for a multi-year contract with at least 3-4 years, because he may think that if he plays out the final year and true he will be paid (notice I didn't type "earn") $5 million, but it could be his last year making a decent salary. If he is lucky to a new contract after the '12-'13 season, it will no doubt be a single year contract at the veteran minimum and he may only get one contract like this. So, he will probably rather go for a 3-4 year contract at $12-14 total ($3 - $3.2 per year), rather than possibly $6 million, counting this season and a veteran minimum contract each year after this season (and, again, it will probably only be 1 year more).

He and his agent are probably looking disparately for a team that is interested enough in his services at the aforementioned price. The guy has had a more than modest career up to this point and it will probably not get much better and he'll be 30 years old in February.

When these guys (i.e. Jason Terry, Gerald Wallace, Jamal Crawford) reach 30-32 years as free agents, they're looking for multi-year contracts.

WE should take the $5 million that, WE will save by Maxey opting out and Amnesty Charlie V. and take the two salaries to get into the bidding for Jeff Green.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparma Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:28 pm

That's interesting, Cool Breeze. I know little about Lillard, but I would not be opposed to choosing the best player available at #9 if only that player is significantly better than the one big men who fit the needs of the Pistons more directly. I'm not going to be surprised if someone drops like Knight last year and we end up with a pick in a area of relative strength. Ordinarily, you go for bpa in the second round, but I've read the draft is so deep this year that it might make sense to draft for need (big men) there this year, as you suggest.

cool breeze wrote:
Sparma wrote:The Pistons could be locked into mediocrity for a long time, so that it makes sense to swing for the fences: Drummond (if he happens to fall as Langlois thinks he could) or Perry Jones or Meyers Leonard. On the other hand, they arguably are close enough to look for the right complementary piece to Monroe, like Tyler Zeller or John Henson. I'm guessing Sullinger will be regarded as overly resembling Monroe in purported lack of athleticism; I suspect he'll do quite well for someone. With Gores putting pressure on Joe with his talk of playoffs, I see Joe opting for Zeller or Henson. I don't mind either, but would be inclined to go for Leonard myself unless Drummond fell.

Sparma I just got off the phone with an old friend who I highly respect relating to his knowledge of basketball at the college level and he suggests that there is no big man in this draft that will make a difference for at least two to three years. He believes that the Pistons should try to get lucky in the second round by taking two big men and draft a guard with the first pick. He suspects that Lillard might not be drafted until the Pistons get their chance if Portland passes on him. My friend says that Lillard is one player who can change a club. He says there are other guards in this draft who are better or have potential to be better than the current group with the exception of Knight. It is not likely Dumars will draft a guard and part with Stuckey to obtain a real player to support Monroe but who knows. The upside of drafting Leonard is that he has the potential to become a real strong shot blocker but that will be two to four years away. The other prospects like Henson or his teammate should be able to crack the rotation coming off the bench but likely will never be starters and they will not be strong or wise enough to crack the rotation unless the Pistons regress from this season. I guess a good guide right now would be, can any of the potential first round big men hang for one quarter with Ben Wallace at his age? I doubt they could do it. Macklin still can't do it. So the Pistons will continue to lose until they obtain a real center who can play some defense and block shots and not play basketball like an idiot.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty You just can't make this stuff up, LOL!

Post  Oracle Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:35 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 22 Empty REGARDING AMNESTY

Post  deusXango Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Can anyone shed some light on how much flexability a team has with the amnesty clause? I suggested a f'instance the other day about trading some of our unwanted contracts along with a player the other team desired (Stuckey, Villanueva, Daye, and Bynum) to Washington for their over-priced cancer of a player (Blatche), and once we had his rights, amnesty him; trade a young player in Stuckey to be free of 3 unwanted contracts by combining them in 1 contract. Because it hasn't been done yet doesn't mean it's not possible does it? If Dumars could pull that off it would put the team waay ahead of schedule in terms of the rebuild; we'd be major players in the FA shopping game. If that could be pulled off, we could live with Gordon until his contract expired or we traded him. You Stuckey lovers don't get angry or defensive, it was just a question.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:12 am

Ladies and gentlemen, here's the real deal; who's worth being paid guaranteed #9 money? Who can we get at #9 that we couldn't get someone at #39 to out perform them? Here's the rub. No one wants to admit that this draft, being as deep as it is with equally talented players, should be used by us to build our bench for the future. Our bench sucks more than our starting lineup. We need intelligence, skill, and athletic defenders with high motors. That #9 pick is more like an albatross hanging around our neck unless it's used to move down in the draft for multiples or future 1st rounder(s).

Multiple years, guaranteed money, and PT for Henson? Moultrie? Sullinger? Zeller? All in the name of finding that wonderful compliment for Monroe. If it doesn't work, who's gonna look bad? Monroe of course. Dumars ain't going to take the blame. But in the second round with no guarantees there is gonna be O'Quinn, Aldemir, Sims, Nicholson, and an endless variety of players that'll be bargins compared to our #9...bargins in terms of play on the court!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next