Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
frankied
Murph
merc
Rett
Sebastian
lemonpen
Sissy1946
Grizz
cool breeze
WTF
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
16 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty ahhhhhhhh....EArth to Cynic

Post  Rett Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:02 pm

"Joe should have given that opportunity to Rip, CB, Dice, Sheed, and Tay."

Excuse me...are u there?

He did give them that opportunity...
where ya been bro?

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty SHAT UP RETT

Post  WTF Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:47 pm

Rett wrote:"Joe should have given that opportunity to Rip, CB, Dice, Sheed, and Tay."

Excuse me...are u there?

where ya been bro?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty ahhhhhhhh....EArth to Cynic

Post  WTF Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Stop sucking Joe's drawers Rett, talk about dense. Geez you can't even form your own opinion most of time without quoting some BS out of True Blue.

Sorry but considering how Joe screwed up he should have kept them together and allowed them one final season and that included keeping Flip as coach considering he was in his last season. No but you're perfectly happy that dumb ass traded CB and Dice, hired two dumb coaches maybe three, wasted 22 million in cap space on Charlie and Ben Gordon, drafted Daye instaed of Lawson and you're happy with every decision. That only proves your just as much a moron as Joe is. MARS/VENUS/JUPITER TO RETT....GET A CLUE YOU STUCK TO JOE ASS LIKE GLUE
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Henson vs PJ3

Post  Murph Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:27 pm

The thing I like about Henson over PJ3 is that Henson is rated as a better defender and rebounder. We have lots of guys who can score (Monroe, Knight, Stuckey, Prince and Gordon). And we have lots of guys who can handle the ball (Stuckey, Knight and Prince). But we only really have one above average rebounder (Monroe), and when Big Ben retires, we won't have any outstanding defenders or shot blockers.

PJ3's skill set is easily duplicated on the Pistons roster, however, few if any on the Pistons roster really do what Henson does well. Henson fills a huge need for the Pistons.

Don...I agree that drafting PG, Maalik Wayns out of Villanova, would be a mistake. At one point, I was high on Wayns, but he's had a disappointing college career. There are several PGs, who might be available in the 2nd round, who I'd prefer over Wayns, such as Scott Machado and Tayshawn Taylor.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:34 pm

Rett wrote:"Joe should have given that opportunity to Rip, CB, Dice, Sheed, and Tay."

Excuse me...are u there?

where ya been bro?

I agree Rett. Some Piston fans are guilty of hounding Joe Dumars to break up that solid Piston team. Fans bacame greedy thinking is was simple to make the NBA finals. I think this season is about the most exciting season of playoff games that I can recall for a long time. There is a lot of drama. Only one team, The Heat, has been protected by officials and they lost that game last night which made me scream with delight. Boston management resisted the urge to break up their team of winners. Detroit fans just couldn't accept Boston winning that series against the Pistons with Billups unable to play effectively because of another injury. Piston fans somehow did not appreciate Billups and blamed him for the team losing and not making the finals. We all know that McDyess played very well after leaving Detroit on the Spurs. He had a lot left and was a loyal Piston. Billups as well turned around a sad Denver team. The fans wanted change and Dumars felt the pressure and is never really sure what he should do. I agree with others that adding Ben Wallace and another quality backup combo guard, (not stuckey) would have allowed the Pistons to keep winning for at least another season. The ever greedy Piston fans got their wish and the rebuild was started with Stuckey the alleged new superstar replacement who would defeat every team with Iverson at his side. Fans didn't like Affalo as well. They were excited to see Billups and Affalo move to Denver. The Pistons were now in good shape with scorers able to outshoot their opponents. Opps, the Iverson experiment didn't work out. Joe needed to go to work to excite the fans again and decided on two offensive minded players in Gordon and Charlie V. Funny but I haven't watched any team that made the playoffs that didn't have tough defensive minded players on their team. Dumars gave the fans what they wanted and it has sent the Pistons into the dark ages. Many fans do not want to admit that they played a part in this entire bogus plan for future greatness. Now what kind of leader is Mr. Gores? Doesn't he know any of this Piston history? Why is he saying Detroit is close to making the playoffs? Unless great change takes place and many Piston players are removed, we will suffer for many years close to the basement in the Eastern conference. If the fans could have understood what Billups and guys like Affalo mean to a real team, maybe they would have not pressured Dumars into making such bonehead decisions. I say this knowing that all Detroit Piston beat writers for the Detroit News believe that Joe Dumars is not responsible for any of the problems relating to the Pistons. It is all the fault of the fans and Mrs. Davidson. Joe couldn't do anything he really wanted to do.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Murph wrote:The thing I like about Henson over PJ3 is that Henson is rated as a better defender and rebounder. We have lots of guys who can score (Monroe, Knight, Stuckey, Prince and Gordon). And we have lots of guys who can handle the ball (Stuckey, Knight and Prince). But we only really have one above average rebounder (Monroe), and when Big Ben retires, we won't have any outstanding defenders or shot blockers.

PJ3's skill set is easily duplicated on the Pistons roster, however, few if any on the Pistons roster really do what Henson does well. Henson fills a huge need for the Pistons.

Don...I agree that drafting PG, Maalik Wayns out of Villanova, would be a mistake. At one point, I was high on Wayns, but he's had a disappointing college career. There are several PGs, who might be available in the 2nd round, who I'd prefer over Wayns, such as Scott Machado and Tayshawn Taylor.

There you go Murph. I agree with your thoughts about Scott Machado and Tayshawn Taylor. This debate regarding Henson might be a waste of time. There are some soft players slated to be drafted before Henson. He might not even be available when the Pistons get their chance. Fans need to pressure Piston management into signing a free agent who can play defense in the paint. Murph you seem to know NBA bigs pretty well, who would you go after?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty @ Mr Cool Breeze

Post  WTF Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Sorry Don and I can only speak for myself here although I do remember a handful that did not want to see that team placed in ruins in 2009. I screamed from 2006 to that point for Joe to up-grade the bench oppose to piece mealing together with also rans.

Problem was many fans didn't want to point the finger at Joe so it was easy to throw Flip and players under the bus. The media handed out ready made excuses, luck would have Mr. D dies and that became an excuse then his alledge hand tying by Mrs. D.

I'm sorry but Joe had improved the bench that team would have won more titles even as late as 2009 with a smart addition. REsigning Max, drafting Amir and Carlos, the list goes on Webber a year before leaving the league, Kwame, Narz, Jarvis, and the list goes on were not up grades considering we lost Memo, Corliss, James, Hunter and Big Ben. none of this players stuck but fans were screaming to play all these players Joe eventually trade. Fans scream a lot of stuff but fans aren't running the team and somehow GM's aren't suppose to have their decision influenced by the things Fan scream.

Yeah Boston was smart enough to keep rolling with Garnett, Allen and Pierce, they were also smart enough to keep decent players around that core while Mr. Dumars sat on his hands Boston was drafting smartly and active in free agency.

Not everyone was screaming disband the team some of us was screaming get a freaking bench.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Wise..a lil crochety today?.....bad morning/afternoon/ night...week?...Month?

Post  Rett Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:02 pm

WISEFAN wrote:

Excuse me...are u there?

where ya been bro?

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Perry Jones is OK but I would pass on him.

Post  Phil-Good Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Yes sir I do like Sullinger. But I like him in some type of trade. My guy who I would go for is J.Henson.

Big, long, high basketball IQ, shot blocker. We need that very....very....bad around here!

I'm worried that he might not be around at 9 but when I see stupid teams like Toronto and Golden State picking in front of Detroit and they already have big men I feel good about The Pistons chances to land John Henson.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Shame On You Two

Post  WTF Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Grizz wrote:
Oracle wrote:They need to shoot themselves!!!

Boston shouldn't be winning more than one game, and if they let Boston get to the finals, the Thunder will sweep them with EASE!!!

Oracle .. I too didnt give the ANCIENT Celtics a chance vs the Heat .. But I, like so many, hate the Heat so that is a nice surprise .. One Theme this series shouts out about basketball is what Joe Dumars has spent the last 3 years trying to understand (I am not quite sure he does even now) .. that there are 5 positions on a good team and if you only have 2, even if they are 2 of the best, you will lose against an organized determined team .. a PG and BIGS .. Celtics have them .. Heat do NOT! .. Did you hear Spoestra being interviewed at the end of the 3rd quarter .. He didnt have a clue what to do .. total confusion as to what to even say at that point .. ALSO .. The Heat cannot HANDLE a ZONE DEFENSE .. and you would think after The MAVs showing the world that very thing, the Heat would have prepared better for it .. Anyway .. A dream come true . NO HEAT in the NBA finals .. I was trying to imagine what the 1989 Thomas Bad Boys would have done to the Heat of 2012 .. Total DESTRUCTION OF THE HEAT on so severe a level that crybaby flopping Wade and LBJ would try to hide in Miami OCCUPY camps. Spoestra is toast and Wade needs to go . And he looks like he wants the hell out too ..

And yeah .. it is hard to imagine the Celtics even winning one game vs the Thunder .. but better not count our chickens till The Spurs are officially eliminated .. Hard to imagine nasty Spurs going out without a big fight .. but sticking to the Thunder in 6 over Spurs .. Go Thunder !!

We still could be looking at a Spurs-Celtics Final which would suit be fine. An OKC and Miami Final just would seem fabricated and fake to the most serious fan base. The Celtics caught Miami slipping because Miami is still caught up in it's own hype. What better way to say good-bye to real basketball as we all known in the past then watching Duncan and Garnett in a Finals. The only thing we'll have left is Kobe to get his 6th then it's all down hill after that............
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Why did they have to bring this up????

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:27 pm

"Only 14 teams have come back to win a best-of-seven series after trailing 2-0. The last time it was done these same Spurs rebounded to knock off the New Orleans Hornets in seven games in the Western Conference semifinals. The last time it was done this late in a season was in the 2007 Eastern Conference finals, when LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers bounced back from an 0-2 hole to demolish the Detroit Pistons in six games." - Speaking of OKC's comeback

Oh, the PAIN!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Shame On You Two

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:32 pm

Wise, the Spurs are DONE... you can book it!

The Celtics however, are FAR from home free. I still think Miami has a better than even chance of winning this series, and they don't need Bosh to do it.

The first thing they need to do is to stop choking, it gets in the way of making shots!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty BTW, has...

Post  Oracle Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Flip defected to another Team, or has he been kidnapped by Lee357 and turned into a Muppet?
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Wise Cynic .. I agree it is NOT over yet .. Spurs can win this .. But my prediction was Thunder in 6 games, and I am sticking with that.

Post  Grizz Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Oracle wrote:They need to shoot themselves!!!

Boston shouldn't be winning more than one game, and if they let Boston get to the finals, the Thunder will sweep them with EASE!!!

Oracle .. I too didnt give the ANCIENT Celtics a chance vs the Heat .. But I, like so many, hate the Heat so that is a nice surprise .. One Theme this series shouts out about basketball is what Joe Dumars has spent the last 3 years trying to understand (I am not quite sure he does even now) .. that there are 5 positions on a good team and if you only have 2, even if they are 2 of the best, you will lose against an organized determined team .. a PG and BIGS .. Celtics have them .. Heat do NOT! .. Did you hear Spoestra being interviewed at the end of the 3rd quarter .. He didnt have a clue what to do .. total confusion as to what to even say at that point .. ALSO .. The Heat cannot HANDLE a ZONE DEFENSE .. and you would think after The MAVs showing the world that very thing, the Heat would have prepared better for it .. Anyway .. A dream come true . NO HEAT in the NBA finals .. I was trying to imagine what the 1989 Thomas Bad Boys would have done to the Heat of 2012 .. Total DESTRUCTION OF THE HEAT on so severe a level that crybaby flopping Wade and LBJ would try to hide in Miami OCCUPY camps. Spoestra is toast and Wade needs to go . And he looks like he wants the hell out too ..

And yeah .. it is hard to imagine the Celtics even winning one game vs the Thunder .. but better not count our chickens till The Spurs are officially eliminated .. Hard to imagine nasty Spurs going out without a big fight .. but sticking to the Thunder in 6 over Spurs .. Go Thunder !!

We still could be looking at a Spurs-Celtics Final which would suit be fine. An OKC and Miami Final just would seem fabricated and fake to the most serious fan base. The Celtics caught Miami slipping because Miami is still caught up in it's own hype. What better way to say good-bye to real basketball as we all known in the past then watching Duncan and Garnett in a Finals. The only thing we'll have left is Kobe to get his 6th then it's all down hill after that............

I made my prediction (to my family on Facebook) but not here ..(my nephew is from OKC, yet he picked the Spurs in 5). Surprised Oracle would still pick the Thunder after they were down 2 games to 0 .. impressive ... Guess he really is an oracle !!

Last edited by Grizz on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Right!

Post  Grizz Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:01 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Sorry Don and I can only speak for myself here although I do remember a handful that did not want to see that team placed in ruins in 2009. I screamed from 2006 to that point for Joe to up-grade the bench oppose to piece mealing together with also rans.

Problem was many fans didn't want to point the finger at Joe so it was easy to throw Flip and players under the bus. The media handed out ready made excuses, luck would have Mr. D dies and that became an excuse then his alledge hand tying by Mrs. D.

I'm sorry but Joe had improved the bench that team would have won more titles even as late as 2009 with a smart addition. REsigning Max, drafting Amir and Carlos, the list goes on Webber a year before leaving the league, Kwame, Narz, Jarvis, and the list goes on were not up grades considering we lost Memo, Corliss, James, Hunter and Big Ben. none of this players stuck but fans were screaming to play all these players Joe eventually trade. Fans scream a lot of stuff but fans aren't running the team and somehow GM's aren't suppose to have their decision influenced by the things Fan scream.

Yeah Boston was smart enough to keep rolling with Garnett, Allen and Pierce, they were also smart enough to keep decent players around that core while Mr. Dumars sat on his hands Boston was drafting smartly and active in free agency.

Not everyone was screaming disband the team some of us was screaming get a freaking bench.
Wise.. STRONG agreement ... Still .. I wish Larry Brown wasnt Jeckle and Hyde and remained true to the Pistons after year 1 ... and had led the team for the next 3 or 4 seasons .. I have to believe .. with just a little better bench building . ... the team could have won 1 or 2 more titles ... Not a stretch to say this .. DAMN LARRY BROWN ! May he spend a lot of time thinking about being in his Knicks and Hornets hells.
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty the Chicken Skank Lady has devoured Flip ... every last bit of him!

Post  Grizz Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:04 pm

Oracle wrote:Flip defected to another Team, or has he been kidnapped by Lee357 and turned into a Muppet?
lol I heard Flip enjoyed the beginning of the meal but ...
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Prediction

Post  Rett Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Heat are DONE.
They do not have the mental toughness, grit and guts to win in Boston!

Now, they MIGHT....but I don't believe it!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty What will the refs do when the Heat meet Boston at Boston??

Post  cool breeze Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:55 pm

The refs tried in every way to help out Miami last night. I recall Rondo getting to quick fouls called against him in the first quarter. I think the first foul was called on him as he was driving to the rim when he was called for a charge. Then Rondo sets up behind the dotted line a few moments later to take a charge but was called for a blocking foul. I thought both calls were not honest calls. Towards the end of the game with only 15 seconds left, Pierce set up to take a charge with Wade way out of control leading with his shoulder and a blocking foul was called against Pierce. I believe that 65% of the fouls called against Pierce in this series have been bogus. Whenever either Wade or James create contact, they get the call. Over 80% of the time, Wade is jumping forward into a defender and not going straight up. Any other player on another team would get charged with a foul. The bitching seems to pay off for the Heat. Rondo was great during an interview at halftime when he stated that the Heat are whining to the officials during transistion so Boston was pushing the ball more. The announcers keep making a point of the fact that James has only fouled out in one playoff game and is seldom if ever in foul trouble. And James is guarding Pierce who has great footwork on offense and Kevin Garnett. There is no way that Labron can guard Garnett without fouling. And the refs actually called Garnett with fouls when the two players got tangled up in the paint. I see Labron pushing and holding both Pierce and Garnett. Come on everyone can see what is going on. They did it against Indiana as well. With this kind of advantage, it is really special that Boston is ahead in this series. If the officials keep on the same track, they might create a riot in Boston if the Heat beats Boston in a close game. I know of no NBA fan who likes the crying Heat players other than Heat fans.

With the playoffs games being so exciting this season, it allows us Piston fans to forget about our team for while. I have watched some great plays and fantastic athletic action with the effort of the players from all the teams being outstanding. Most of our Piston players have no concept of what it takes to become a real NBA player who can make a difference in a playoff game. I like what Kevin Garnett said after the game last night. He stated that he is a real professional who takes his craft seriously and works really hard at it. Guys like our Charlie V have no chance against players who work hard in the off season. Garnett is a smart player who out works everyone else in the paint. Charlie is not a smart player who has 15 pounds of extra fat and has really never been in great shape his entire career. You have to want it really bad and consistantly work hard to improve. You can't be tweeting everytime you have to have a bowel movement during practice time and then sneak a candy bar before coming back out of the locker room.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Don't you just LOVE the Thunder?

Post  Oracle Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:44 am

This is the cleanest team since our 2004 Piston era team.

The 2004 team was so clean, even Sheed was detoxed!

The Thunder are clean hard working kids on and off court, with none of the scandal you see amoungst stars.

Now they deserve and will get that NBA Championship this year.

One of many? Only time will tell, but the sky's the limit with these guys!!!

GO THUNDER!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty I just want to have a quiet moment for the Seattle Super Sonics fans.

Post  Phil-Good Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:48 am

DAMN!! Sorry Sonic Fans. You finally got back to the big dance and now your team is rocking Orange, blue and white.

That's not good!! Sad
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Congratulations OKC...!! Great WIN!!!

Post  Rett Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:51 am

Oracle wrote:This is the cleanest team since our 2004 Piston era team.

The Thunder are clean hard working kids on and off court, with none of the scandal you see amoungst stars.

GO THUNDER!!!

Exactly!..
These guys are the real deal.......Impressive!!!

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Yahoo!

Post  Grizz3 Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:08 am

Rhett and Oracle .. You guys said it! Hooray! Ding Dong, the wicked Spurs are dead! I have not been happier about a team going to the finals since the Pistons!

Grizz3

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty OKC! OKC! OKC!

Post  deusXango Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:31 am

Oracle wrote:This is the cleanest team since our 2004 Piston era team.

GO THUNDER!!!
Oracle, you've summed up what a real 21st century basketball team should be about; I love your comparison to our Pistons of old. Should the refs give the ECF to the Heat, I'm glad the Thunder is waiting on them; no way in hell the Heat beat the Thunder. OKC! OKC! OKC!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:28 am

Chicken Lady sucks ... but not as much as drafting "chicken legs" Henson... just say no to weak kneed PFs.
Moultrie is the right choice.... don't let the lack of blocks fool ya... 245lbs of skilled motor.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Congrats OKC!! Oracle You Called It

Post  WTF Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Wow OKC is for real. While I don't see them as being as talented overall as our 2004 team they are pretty good and very well coach. They play smart and hard and they haven't reached their potential as a team I still think Durant and Westbrook can be even better as players. Hopefully the OKC Organization can hold them all together for awhile, but just in case they need to take every advantage now and win.

Cowards like Lebron don't deserve titles and I hope Boston wipe their arse out tonight.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next