Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty False reporting...

Post  Murph Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Wise...if you read closely, you will see that I never stated WHY CV hasn't played. I stated that I like Frank's shortened line-up, and that CV is one of our weakest defenders.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty False reporting...

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Murph wrote:Wise...if you read closely, you will see that I never stated WHY CV hasn't played. I stated that I like Frank's shortened line-up, and that CV is one of our weakest defenders.

I stand corrected :lol:
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Avatar

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:17 pm

I've been so tempted to use myself as my avatar just to see what response I would get (sometime I can't believe how much I look like our GM) Not the Fat Joe but the Slim Joe
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:15 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Murph wrote:Wise...if you read closely, you will see that I never stated WHY CV hasn't played. I stated that I like Frank's shortened line-up, and that CV is one of our weakest defenders.

Wise you're a LIAR!!!

I'm sure you were sitting while you were corrected!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:17 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I've been so tempted to use myself as my avatar just to see what response I would get (sometime I can't believe how much I look like our GM) Not the Fat Joe but the Slim Joe

Wise, you WISH you were as good looking as Joe(sans the poundage).

Please don't scare us though, we scare easy, LOL!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Wise

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:20 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:

Wise you're a LIAR!!!

I'm sure you were sitting while you were corrected!

True dat I was sitting so I stand corrected again.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:25 pm

Sebastian wrote:But, OUR most stiffest competition that would be interested in the services of DeMarcus Cousins are the Washington Wizards.

The Wizards could offer JeVele McGee or Andre Blatche (a head case himself) and don't forget that John Wall and Cousins were former teammates at Kentucky.

Seb, I mentioned that Joe would be one of 2 teams after Cousins, but you found a third in Houston.

While Houston is a possibility, I think you're right about the Wizards!

The real problem, for us, is that the Wiz actually have two possible bigs to give back that have potential.

Even if we can't get Cousins, if we could get in the middle of that deal and get a stray big, I would be happy.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty @Wise

Post  Oracle Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:26 pm

lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: Main

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:44 pm

Oracle I wouldn't mind having Blatche on our team, in fact I prefer him over Cousins. IMO I don't think Cousin fits into Flip's offensive scheme.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty blatche? heck no!!!!

Post  frankied Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:30 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Oracle I wouldn't mind having Blatche on our team, in fact I prefer him over Cousins. IMO I don't think Cousin fits into Flip's offensive scheme.
god, what a headache.
no way i'd want blatche on my team.
he's one of the biggest knuckleheads in the league.
absolutely clueless.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty dwight howard's illegal screens...

Post  frankied Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:35 pm

funniest part of the game was when howard fouled out on an illegal screen call.
he looked at the ref, as if to say: what are you doing?
i do this everytime i set a screen. and now you're going to call it. it wasn't like he was denying that he did it. he was just incredulous that they called him for it.
i've long said that he gets away with more illegal screens than anybody, except for maybe kevin garnett. 90% of the time he just moves around and around until he gets the guy he is trying to screen or pick. it is absolutely obvious and absolutely ridiculous that they let him get away with it. he doesn't even try to hide it nowadays. he just goes out and does it, no matter how obvious he has to be and he dares the refs to call him on it.
this hoopshype blogpost talks about the same thing. i'm glad someone finally has the nerve to bring it out in the open.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:38 pm

Sebastian wrote:
The Wizards could offer JeVele McGee or Andre Blatche (a head case himself) and don't forget that John Wall and Cousins were former teammates at Kentucky.

Read more -
Sebastian, after reading this the guy Joe should be pushing hard to get is McGee... a much better fit along side Monroe.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty blatche? heck no!!!!

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:44 pm

frankied I'll take him or McGee over Cousins. Blatch is young and in Washington were he spent his whole career with a bunch of knuckleheads.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty mcgee would be a nice addition...

Post  frankied Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 pm

he has his ups and downs, but he is talented and offers shotblocking and athleticism.
he's young, so he definitely has lots of upside. he also has a michigan connection - his mom and aunt being legendary hoopsters - so coming to detroit might help straighten his game out.
as long as the price was not too steep, i'd definitely be interested.
blatche is a huge headache who will never get his act together.
stay away from him like he is the plague.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty sorry wise, but you're wrong about him...

Post  frankied Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:53 pm

WISEFAN wrote:frankied I'll take him or McGee over Cousins. Blatch is young and in Washington were he spent his whole career with a bunch of knuckleheads.
blatche is very talented, next to wall, the most talented guy on the team, but he is the main knucklehead. he is the main knucklehead causing problems. he seems to be the type of guy who is a leader in a locker room, but a bad leader who helps keep everything in turmoil.
guys like him are poison.
he is so talented that teams want to give him a shot.
he is a real locker room leader so other, more impressionable guys follow him.
he is like a judas goat, leading the sheep to a bad end.
classic nba head case who never pans out.
mcgee may not have the offensive skills, but my guess is that eventually, in the right situation, he'll work out. i'm sure his mom will kick his tail - figuratively - if he keeps f-cking up. i doubt that blatche has that type of support system in his family.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty sorry wise, but you're wrong about him...

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:12 pm

frankied I think you're over stating just a bit on Blatche and plus what impressionable players do we have on out team?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm

frankied wrote:funniest part of the game was when howard fouled out on an illegal screen call.
i do this everytime i set a screen. and now you're going to call it. it wasn't like he was denying that he did it. he was just incredulous that they called him for it.
i've long said that he gets away with more illegal screens than anybody, except for maybe kevin garnett.

lol, I agree 100%. Thats why I found it odd when Frank was interviewed before the game and cited Howard and Garnett as the best screening big men in basketball. Everytime I see them play, every screen they set is illegal.

Hopefully Frank can teach our bigs the secret how to make illegal screens look legal and get away with it, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:18 pm

"...After the game, Blatche was equally putting on a show. He implored, to the media, mind you, that he wanted the ball more in the post.

“I need the ball in the paint to be effective,” he said, as seen in the first video above. “You can’t keep having me pick and pop and shooting jump shots. Give me the ball in the paint, that’s where I’m most effective at. I’ve been saying that since training camp.”

People have been saying Blatche should spend more time in the paint for years. Now he’s suddenly acting like it’s a part of his DNA. Again, Blatche thinks he’s saying the right things, he thinks he’s being helpful, but far from it. After all but shedding tears over the faux injustice, amongst ‘Look at me, I want to improve’ grandstanding, Blatche remained slumped in his chair after the media session ended. He seemed to stay in full uniform with intent, as if it would send a message of dedication. ‘Look, kids, he still wants to play!’

Blatche wasn’t really calling out his coach or teammates in saying that he wants to be in the post more on offense (a message he bumbled his way through on Twitter the next day, this after he ducked out a practice court side door to avoid the media… in true Gilbert Arenas fashion). Andray is just apt to say dumb, easily misconstrued things. Although, when you point out a disagreement with how you get the ball while also admitting that the play-calling is part of the Wizards’ ”traditional” offense, you’re fingering someone.

“His reputation has been for six years that he won’t go in the post, I guess, so I think he was frustrated, but he can be effective in the post,” said Saunders, down-playing the issue when asked about Blatche’s desires after practice the next day (also seen in the second video above). ”Him saying that he wants to go down there and not play 15-18 feet, that’s what we try to do. Most of the time, my four men are my post up type players.”

And about professing himself as team captain? More good-intentioned stupidity from Blatche. One, because Saunders, the day after, indicated that team captains would be determined on a rotating basis — whatever that means, perhaps the best course of action with a young team. Two, because Blatche clearly still doesn’t understand what it means to assume the role of team captain. (Hint: it doesn’t involve disregarding books on leadership that your coach and team management give you over the summer.)

Blatche is like a fast food restaurant. He’s not good for the system, but aims to be damn consistent in most any environment, continuously meeting low-set expectations. And we’re not even talking about his eating habits. What we are talking about is walking a thin line between sheer frustration and helpless sympathy for Blatche.

We can’t wholly blame Andray for his lack of perceptiveness and for trying in all the wrong ways. No, the blame also greatly falls on the system of cultivation around him that’s trying to sell the same old 99-cent hamburger like it’s going to suddenly turn into a ribeye steak. Andray hopes to have it his way, but he can’t even help himself. ..."

this is from the wizards version of pistonpowered, their true hoop blog. another good wizards source is bullets forever. both have basically the same take on blatche. these guys have watched him for 7 years and they know him. he is what he is.
i'd stay far away from him. you couldn't give me a guy like him.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty garnett and howard get away with it...

Post  frankied Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Flip wrote:
frankied wrote:funniest part of the game was when howard fouled out on an illegal screen call.
i've long said that he gets away with more illegal screens than anybody, except for maybe kevin garnett.

lol, I agree 100%. Thats why I found it odd when Frank was interviewed before the game and cited Howard and Garnett as the best screening big men in basketball. Everytime I see them play, every screen they set is illegal.

Hopefully Frank can teach our bigs the secret how to make illegal screens look legal and get away with it, lol.
heck, as long as the refs don't call the illegal screens and you get away with it, it is extremely effective. that is why they keep doing it. they get away with it and gain a huge advantage. it still doesn't make it any less illegal.
the pistons have long gotten the worst whistle in the nba.
watching their home games, they rarely, if ever, get a hometown whistle from the refs. it is always like they play road games, even at home. i doubt they'll ever be able to get away with that stuff. that is why it is so frustrating seeing monroe get called for all those tickey-tack fouls while howard is rampaging all over the court, pushing people around, elbowing them, setting illegal picks. one thing that helps ben play him is that the refs let the old vet actually fight back against howard's bullying. no one else can even fight back.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Monroe v Howard

Post  Flip Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:03 pm

yep, I was disappointed that they wouldn't let Monroe/Howard play. Howard actually ended up being the one with more foul trouble, surprisingle. But that was the premier positional matchup in the game, maybe in the whole league that night. Best Center in the league going against one of the best young Centers in Monroe, who was avg 21 pts, 11 rebs, 4 asts/gm the previous two games going into last night. It was setup for a great big man duel that is rare nowadays in the NBA, and the refs just blew it, literally, by blowing the whistle anytime the two of them got near each other.

I'm glad we won of course and would take that trade every time, but they ruined a great matchup. Monroe still showed his greatness though, getting practically a dbl-dbl anyways despite foul trouble and only getting 21 min. And he out-rebounded Howard.

I think Monroe has some ability to be a good defender if they let him bang without calling fouls. If thats just a rookie type thing, and he starts to get more Wallace treatment from the refs as he gets older, he can become a pretty good defender I think.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Re: Main

Post  WTF Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:56 pm

frankied I've read the previous article some days ago, and I still don't see the disdain you would have with him being on the team. Perhaps the Wizard are just the wrong oganization for the young man. Blatche isn't the first player to make dumb remarks shit Lebron do it all the time, people said some of the same things about Z-BO and still do.

I think it's all over blown and we all know that home town fans are the most critical of players. Lets think about the coach and while I love Flip Saunders he's more apt to coaching an older team than a young one like the one he has. That team was off the chain for years much like the Portalnd bunch was. You see how well Sheed worked out for us.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty I Think We Could Still Help These Guys Ricky.

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:03 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Straight Teguila Billy. In fact I think you should have been hired as coach, what say you? Yea but if Joe doesn't get them a center Im coming after his job. I'll have them two by tomorrow morning, pretty disgusting Joe.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Any More Questions Bird Brain?

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:20 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Hey Larry, What kind of Look is that on your face you Candy Azz?
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Be Patient Guys Im Almost Back.

Post  Sissy1946 Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:36 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link] Hey I got 38 seconds last night, hope I showed the coach some ups, still workin' on my D though, just bear with me Piston Fans.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 37 Empty Yawn

Post  Lobo Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:41 pm

Well, this forum is about as much fun as watching paint dry.
If you don't want me to post here, I'll bounce. Its your loss.

Lobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next