Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Where does the defense come from?

Post  WTF Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:49 pm

Merc my thinking is JJ might have the giblets to be that guy just on hustle alone. What's scaring me is iny, miny, tiny mo at our guard position. Man I wanted Joe to clean house in that crowded backcourt but I thought it would Stuckey and Rip at 6'5 and 6'7 playing with Knight.

I can imagine will see a lot of full court pressing and a lot of gambling when opposing teams are passing the ball. We'll likely get creamed in half-court.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:58 pm

Wise, ur right... forgot about JJ for minute... be interesting to see if he's tagged as the starter right away.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:14 pm

Murph wrote:
merc wrote:If Stuckey drags this on Joe will be left without a plan B...will this leave us with Daye as the backup SG?

In all seriousness, I think I'd rather see Willie Green play backup SG over Daye.
Was checking to see which teams could afford RS... it comes down to N.O., Indy, Houston, Nets & Sac
The Rockets have a lot of cash tied up in Kmart, Courtney Lee, Flynn & Lowry

Sac has Evans & Fredette so they might bite on signing Stuckey (not too far from his home town)

N.O. has Eric Gordon & J. Jack... they might be interested but I doubt the league lets them spend the cash... they're more likely to trade Okafor or Kaman to address their guard needs.

Pacers have Collison & Brandon Rush... I could see them making a bid on Rodney (if nothing else just to raise our salary)
The Nets are heavily invested in D. Williams and Morow... I doubt they spend their wad on a combo guard... their eye is on bigger fish.

In short Stuckey's agent is gonna have to do a hellofa sales pitch to get teams to offer more than what Joe is foolishly tossing out there.... or I could see a S&T with Sac or N.O.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty i hope daye gets a shot at SG...

Post  franked Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:30 pm

i hope stuckey's contract trouble gives daye a shot at his true position: SG. sometimes weird stuff happens and things work out for the best.
daye at SG would be a devastating offensive weapon. an almost seven foot guard to post up would terrorize other teams and throw their defense an incredible curve ball.
let's hope joe d and the coaching staff shows some creativity.

franked

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty crawford to the blazers....

Post  frankied Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:33 pm

well, the pistons don't have to compete with portland for reggie williams. they just got a commitment from jamal crawford. have to say i am looking forward to seeing him play.
crawford is going to be used exactly the way stuckey should be used: as a gunner off the bench.
crawford: the quintessential "Seattle guard".

frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Merc reading the Detnews article the understanding is that Joe didn't offer Stuckey nowhere near what was reportedly offered, the team denied making it so that was great to hear. I read it was more like 7 million a season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:47 pm

franked wrote:i hope stuckey's contract trouble gives daye a shot at his true position: SG. sometimes weird stuff happens and things work out for the best.
daye at SG would be a devastating offensive weapon. an almost seven foot guard to post up would terrorize other teams and throw their defense an incredible curve ball.
let's hope joe d and the coaching staff shows some creativity.
frankie, we might be in the minority on this but I wouldn't mind seeing Daye get a crack at SG.
I can see what some are concerned about (lack of mobility keeping up with SGs)... Tay also lacked mobility but he used to give Kobe and others fits trying to get around his length.
Not saying it would work just that it would be interesting to experiment.... worse case is we get a better lotto pick :geek:
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:48 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Merc reading the Detnews article the understanding is that Joe didn't offer Stuckey nowhere near what was reportedly offered, the team denied making it so that was great to hear. I read it was more like 7 million a season.
That's cool... relief
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty daye can't guard anyone...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:52 pm

the thing is ... daye can't guard anyone.
can't guard SFs, PFs...and probably not SGs.
but offensively, he can definitely give SGs fits. sometimes the best defense is good offense. instead of worrying about what daye cannot do, why not use his best talents and let the other teams adjust to you.
magic could not guard point guards. so the lakers just adjusted their defense and had someone else - michael cooper, for instance - usually defend the point guard magic could not guard.

frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty stuckey wants out...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:54 pm

it is clear. he wants to get out of detroit. if i was joe, i'd sign him and then trade him. and move daye into his spot. it works out very well if you do that.

frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty wise, you can bet joe offered that money...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:20 pm

the guy who reported the offer, chad ford, has a direct line to dumars.
whenever joe wants to get something out, he calls up ford and ford gets it out.
not sure what his strategy may have been - maybe to scare off other teams? - but i'd bet he did make the offer.
but of course, they want to still be able to deny it. for whatever reason.

frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Reporter to Joe... did you make an offer to Stuckey?
Is it that hard to come up with rudimentary questions?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Good points

Post  Grizz Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:44 pm

Frankie .. Good points about Joe D and Chad Ford and the salary offered to Stuckey .. BUT PLEASE !! Dont go for that Daye at SG thing .. Hasnt the team suffered enough with players out of position? Daye does not have the speed to be a SG and yes, you can twist the team into knots to make it sort of work sometimes .. but .. we need to get back to basics .. If Daye cannot guard anyone .. and doesnt have the talent or will power of Magic Johnson .. I say he doesnt play .. until he does .. And Magic was a good team defender ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Player Interview Videos From Media Day

Post  Flip Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:06 pm

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Stuckey/Hi Mercury

Post  armygirl Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:14 pm

Hey Mercury:

Thanks for the heads up my "Westside Connection". I was flipping my wig when I saw that Detnews had moved. I couldn't find it even after doing a search.

Stucky should be traded, hands down. Its obvious he don't want to be in the D. Should be a no-brainer for Dumars.

armygirl

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty grizz, gotta disagree on daye...

Post  frankied Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 pm

i actually think that daye's natural position is at shooting guard. i think he's been forced into the frontcourt because of his size and length, but i think he is a natural shooting guard, with all of the skills of a shooting guard. just like magic was a point guard. he just happened to be the size of a power forward.
i did some reporting for the michigan daily, the university of michigan student paper back when magic played for msu and i got a chance to be in the locker room and saw magic up close. he was a big dude, with a big barrel chest and thick torso. he looked like a power forward. heathcote resisted lots of pressure to make him a power forward. he stuck with him as a point guard, which i've always thought was the best coaching move in the last 50 years.
everyone wants daye to be a forward because of his size, but i think his game screams shooting guard. if daye was your shooting guard coming off the bench, he would force other teams to adjust to the pistons, he would create havoc.
i'd like to see it.

frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:31 pm

armygirl wrote:Hey Mercury:

Thanks for the heads up my "Westside Connection". I was flipping my wig when I saw that Detnews had moved. I couldn't find it even after doing a search.

Stucky should be traded, hands down. Its obvious he don't want to be in the D. Should be a no-brainer for Dumars.
Hey Army... glad ya made it... I imagine there's a lot of folks walking around in circles wonderin' where everyone went... if you know any old Det News posters please give them heads up.

Yea it's amazing how many folks are against giving in to Stucks demands... and it ain't even our money.
If I'm Joe I''m on the phone with whoever is in charge of the Hornets... I guess that's 29 phone calls scratch
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 pm

I PM'd several Det News Posters on another site (including Ty & Oracle)... I would expect we'll be seeing them sometime in the near future.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty good to see the guys!!!

Post  frankied Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:47 pm

i have to say that it is kind of nice to see lots of the guys - and gals - from the new forum over here.
even though i know i get on some of your nerves sometimes - and vice versa - its all in good fun and all because we're all pistons' fans with strong opinions.
don't really want to get all sentimental and shyte, but...
thanks again to flip and whoever else was involved in setting this up.
i imagine the news is going to regret changing the format. i'm sure their traffic is going to show a real drop.

frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty craig smith to portland!

Post  franked Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:04 pm

i see that portland is trying to win.
they signed craig smith.
will be fun watching "the rhino" run over people in the lane.
too bad the pistons don't seem to understand what they need...

franked

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty They Better Get Their Tails In Gear

Post  WTF Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:27 pm

merc wrote:I PM'd several Det News Posters on another site (including Ty & Oracle)... I would expect we'll be seeing them sometime in the near future.

Flip created this nice alternative for the homeless after the news kicked us out. I thought Big C, Sissy and Rebuild got a hold of Flip's posting of the site before we went down.

Flip you need to facebook your site so if any of them are out there they'll see it. BTW way Fly I'm still craving chatting about the Lions. Don't forget to post the link. How in the heck do I submit my score for this week....Lions 31 Raiders 10
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Might want to reference a couple of posters names in your post.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Flip Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:07 am

merc, yeah I posted a comment for Rebuild and SHOW. Told them to visit to my fb page to find where everybodys at.

You never know with Rebuild's 1000 different names which one he might be, lol.
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Frankie .. we disagree ..

Post  Grizz Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:46 am

But that's OK! .. Boring world if we all did .. We agree so much on everything as it is .. You may well be very right .... but Magic and Daye cannot be compared in the same sentence! Smile I would rather see us working on Daye to get so SF moves .... If I recall .. neither of us wanted him drafted .. Well I should say .. What we wanted was a true PF drafted instead of a tweener .. Daye is better than I thought he would be but unfortunately cannot help us much at the positions we need help at .. He is one of the players who might have some trade value on this team .. not much .. but some .. So I trade his butt or give him the crash course in becoming a SF,,, If he cannot cut it this season, then it is time to move on ..
Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 2 Empty Wisefan

Post  FlyDog Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:50 am

I'm Jonesing about Lions talk too! Still waiting on the link. Lions 73 Raiders -11.

GO PISTONS!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next