Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+21
cool breeze
basketbills
FireDumars
barn67
deusXango
Oracle
g-man
Sparma
frankied
Pablitus
Sebastian
Sissy1946
mattty38
Murph
merc
FlyDog
WTF
Grizz
Rett
Flip
Admin
25 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Direct Hit!

Post  WTF Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:33 am

Grizz this kind of stuff has gotten completely old and if Joe and Gores want to sell us on something why not the team that's on the floor. We have no superstars since Isiah and Grant Hill to the floor at the Palace, we don't have any All-Stars since CB, Rip, Ben, and Rasheed are all but gone and faded into the past.

They're (Joe and Gores) trying to sell us Stuckey and Ben Gordon as our highest paid players as a reason to come out to the Palace. I'm not knocking Monroe or the potential of Knight but Monroe isn't a young Shaq and Knight isn't Rose that we would be banging down the doors at the Palace to get a seat. I'm not impressed with Joe's 4 for $44 in the nose bleed section of the Palace and I'll be damn if I pay the gas and $80 for a half decent seat to watch Stuckey and Gordon.

I passed on free $200.00 tickets for tonight game because that's how excited I am about driving up I-75 from Detroit to Auburn Hills to see this shit team after I worked hard all day at work. They want to impress me lets see them run off 11 or 12 straight wins and I might think it's worth the trip. I can buy a big screen television if I don't attend games.

This line up - roster would get me to the Palace. Monroe, Dalembert, Kamen, and CV in the front court, any SG besides Ben Gordon and Bynum maybe JR Smith, a hefty dose of JJ at SF, and Knight starting. Swapping Tay for Artest would be a plus as well. This was or is all doable if we had a GM with a half of brain.

Tell me a starting Lineup of Monroe, Dalembert, JJ, Knight and JR doesn't get your blood churning, tell me that Kamen, CV Artest and Stuckey doesn't say best bench in the league. This is the kind of change we were all looking for not freaking locker rooms and big screens televisions.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Lin

Post  Murph Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:12 am

I see the Knicks picked up former Harvard standout, Jeremy Lin, off the waiver wires, and signed him to a non-guaranteed contract. If he sticks, he should apeal to the local Asian-American fan base. I have several asian friends who are basketball fans, and I know for a fact that they had intense interest in Lin's career.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Fesenko to sign with the Warriors

Post  Sebastian Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:38 am

Sissy has noted the Warriors acquisition of the services of one, Kyrylo Fesenko.

How in the Hell does Joe think that Monroe, an elderly Big Ben, and the very late second round pick the 26-year old Maclin are going to man the Center position?

WE need serious help at this position.

Hell move Maxey to Houston for Thabeet.

Do something quick!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Joe must go!!!!

Post  Sebastian Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:48 am

I would say that it is official, now. Joe must go!!!

And, did you'll see Joe sitting on the bench with the squad in Indiana, during Monday night's game.

I thought it was very suspicious that he (Joe) would be sitting there, because I have only noticed Joe sitting in the stands.

Could it be that he was sitting on the bench with the players to get a better gauge of the players' body language, etc. or maybe it was because he did not want to sit with Gores, who was also in the Pacers arena?

But, seriously, I think that is time to officially start the "Joe Must Go!" campaign; similar to how Matt Millen was run out of town.

The same is now needed for Joe!

I think that Isiah or Laimbeer should be his replacement.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty WHAT THE ???!!!!

Post  deusXango Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:52 pm

"Now we know what we've got to do," Stuckey said. "We've got to stop complaining, we've got to rebound the basketball, we've got to play harder. That's it."

COMPLAINING?! Before, during, after, or about the first game; complaining? For a PG that contributed to a 36% team shooting night and had a sub-standard game for a starting PG to speak on the need to rebound the basketball is not knowledgable of the hallmark of leadership and being a contributing factor team chemistry is probably the focal point of complaints. Suspect I do not believe there is any jealousy of Stuckey on the team but I do feel he's resented by teamates past and present. Fans on this forum that speak against the need for Stuckey in the starting lineup are viewed as haters, but I make my case based on this, how many glowing quotes have you read or heard coming from teamates about Stuckey's hard work, game management, leadership, or wanting to go to war with this guy? The most positive quotes I read were from Will Bynum and he was talking about their friendship, nothing basketball related. Knowing is not enough in a great deal of things, and I hope that the waters are not being poisened this early in the year. Frank has already put himself in a position to start shuffling his lineups, followed by Stuckey making asinine statements regarding the team so the season is already off to a crawling start; we gotta get better in a hurry or the Palace will be a glorified tomb.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:11 pm

DX Joe speaks highly of Stuckey all the time. New 25 Million 3yr deal and all say's how much Joe love Stuckey and isn't that what really should matter ? I love you Joe's love for Stuckey
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty I LOVE POWER RANKINGS QUOTES

Post  WTF Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:30 pm

FOX
29 Pistons 0-1 4 25/29 Not overly talented and don’t seem overly motivated. New man in charge Lawrence Frank has a lot of work to do to change culture.
30 Wizards 0-1 2 28/30 Gifted and young, but still too hard to have faith in anyone besides John Wall. And he’s only in his second year.

ESPN
25 Detroit Last Week: 23 No player mutinies are in the forecast under new coach Lawrence Frank, but watchability remains an issue with these Pistons. Greg Monroe, Austin Daye and rookie Brandon Knight ... those are realistically your three best reasons for tuning in.

SI.com
25 Detroit Pistons (30-52) Last year respected veteran players staged a mutiny on the beleaguered coach and an owner burned by president Joe Dumars' overspending on free agents in 2009 sat on her pocketbook waiting for someone to take the Pistons off her hands. Now there is a vibrant new owner in Tom Gores willing to give Rodney Stuckey $25 million for the next three years, and a new coach, Lawrence Frank, with the pedigree to lift Detroit from its 28th-place ranking in defensive efficiency. Tayshaun Prince has re-signed for four years, and some promising players, including Stuckey, center Greg Monroe, forward Austin Daye and rookie point guard Brandon Knight, will help with Frank's rebuilding. But for Detroit to approach a break-even record, those expensive free agents from two years ago, Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva, have to start earning their keep.

CBS SPORTS
28 Pistons · If you happen to see the broad side of barn, don't bother pointing it out to the Pistons. They can't hit it anyway.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty The Teal years were competitive

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:02 pm

WISEFAN wrote:IMO the Teal Years where better because the young talent was better, the coaching was better. You can't argue that Grant Hill, Houston, Stackhouse, Hunter, and Ratliff didn't draw the attention of fans. You can't argue that they were more exciting and competitive than this going through the motion bunch we seen the pass 3 season. FIX THE FREAKING TEAM!!!!!

You got that right!!!

That team went to the playoffs, and was competitive. The current Pistons don't even project out to the talent level of that team.

Joe has an almost impossible task!

That task being to fix this team before Gores fixes the GM position!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty I LOVE POWER RANKINGS QUOTES

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:04 pm

WISEFAN wrote:CBS SPORTS
28 Pistons · If you happen to see the broad side of barn, don't bother pointing it out to the Pistons. They can't hit it anyway.

It looks more like Power Stankings than anything else lol!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  deusXango Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:07 pm

You're right Wise, what could I have been thinking? drunken
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty the teal years were a lot more interesting...

Post  frankied Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Oracle wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:IMO the Teal Years where better because the young talent was better, the coaching was better. You can't argue that Grant Hill, Houston, Stackhouse, Hunter, and Ratliff didn't draw the attention of fans. You can't argue that they were more exciting and competitive than this going through the motion bunch we seen the pass 3 season. FIX THE FREAKING TEAM!!!!!

You got that right!!!

That team went to the playoffs, and was competitive. The current Pistons don't even project out to the talent level of that team.

Joe has an almost impossible task!

That task being to fix this team before Gores fixes the GM position!
collins was a great coach. they were fun to watch. hill really was one of the best players in the league. lindsay was exciting, a streaky shooter who had stuckey-like problems finishing, after he'd make these great moves to the hole. i'll never forget t-mills hitting 3 pointers like they were going out of style. and he had a knack for hitting clutch shots too. if rick sund had not screwed up the allan houston free agency, everything would have turned out differently. they ended up doing a bunch of stuff to try to make up for the loss of an all star talent and ultimately destroyed the team.
but for almost 3 years, they were a fun, gritty team to watch.
the last 3 years, with a few exceptions, have been depressing, as it has been obvious that the players are haven't respected the coaches and their play on court has shown it.
EVERYTHING changed after the team went 4-0, and then AI joined that team. before that point, the team was exciting, chauncey had lost weight and was pushing the ball, the young guys were playing, like joe had promised, and they looked like they were headed to another conference final.
since that point, the franchise has gone downhill.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty The Teal Era

Post  WTF Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:43 pm

Honestly I never had an terrible issue with the Teal Years we were just spoiled from the Bad Boy Era. Thing could have turned out differently if we could have landed Webber back then and kept Houston.

But Joe screwed up big time because that team would have made the ECF again and maybe the Finals again. That 4-0 start was what the promised and I remember all the talk leading up to 2009 season that they all were determine to get another ring and I think Joe stole that opportunity from them and lost the team in the process. Joe gave up on them and they in turn gave up on him.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Goodwill got carjacked, lol.

Post  Flip Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:43 pm

vgoodwill Vincent Goodwill Twitter
Dear thieves who broke into my car last night in downtown Detroit: I have insurance and passwords...ya got nothin #thanks

:lol:
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Goodwill got carjacked, lol.

Post  WTF Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:46 pm

That's funny
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Flip Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:12 pm

lol, I wonder if it was some angry pistons fan
Flip
Flip

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:25 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Why not put a freaking ferris wheel on the damn court, offer free admission and pass out free popcorn. FIX THE FREAKING TEAM!!!!!

Good post Wisefan. Mr. Gores will need to force the cheerleaders to go topless to trick Detroiters to visit the Palace this season. The massive amount of games being played due to the greed of the owners and players should make fans take notice that nobody cares about them especially the people and players who are involved with the Detroit Pistons. The gimicks might be good for a few laughs but true Piston fans are rejecting what Dumars has done to this team.
could
On the other hand, there is hope for teams like the T Wolves. I really enjoy watching that team this season. Partly because I know Derek Williams, but mostly because the people who run this organization have finally put together a group of players who will one day be a contender for the championship. That front line of Darko, Beasley, and Love is impressive. It is exciting to watch Rubio and Williams come off the bench. Sure Dumars made a huge mistake drafting Darko but an even bigger mistake was letting him go only to sign fringe big men who everyone knew would not impact any game for their entire careers. Darko has filled out and knows how to be successful. He might end up being one of the best centers in the league. You look at the 1-2-3 positions on the T Wolves and then match them up with Detroit players and it is really clear just how destructive Joe Dumars has been to the Piston organization. Detroit has players who just cannot compete with many of the young athletic NBA players. I love Prince and what he has done in the past, but based on the last game and last season, it seems that he has lost something especially on the defensive end. Monroe based on the last game appears to be slow to the ball and out of shape compared to the T Wolves big men and the Indiana big men. Our Piston guards might look a lot better on a team like Minn. or Indiana as well. Why did Dumars decide to spend so much money on guards who are not special at all while doing nothing to add big men who can play both ends? His guards cannot play defense and have reputations of being scorers only. It is tiresome to keep repeating the same facts but it seems that Piston management still has their heads in the sand. There is no way that guys like Maxiell should still be on this Piston team. Ben Wallace appears to be Detroit's best defensive big man except for maybe Jerebco. Could Wallace get much playing time on any other NBA team? Wisefan is correct that Gores is banking on using smoke and mirrors to trick people into driving to the Palace. I don't think that it will work. As I watch the Pistons on television there is no doubt that the stands will be empty unlike any other year in Piston history. This will send a clear message to the owner. He must hold Dumars accountable.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Gores should make Dumars sit on the bench wearing pink for the entire season

Post  cool breeze Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:48 pm

Forget the Teal years. This season could be exciting if Dumars wears pink clothing complete with hush puppy pink shoes. The fans nees someone to focus on other than the players this season when the entertainment ends after the timeouts. Gores should force Dumars to go to center court and do a tap dance before the game while Joe calls out the names of his All Star Starting Five. If that doesn't inspire the fans then maybe for every other home game, Dumars could be ordered to dress for the game. Joe could wear a jersey, the shoes but be forced to play with only a pink jock strap to cover his lower half. This kind of thing will pack the Palace and people will not care about winning and losing. Gores will wonder why he spent all that money to improve the look of the Palace. Perhaps if the owner gave Charlie V another million dollars, he would agree to wear a matching pink jock strap with Joe where some type of band could be connected to the two players. Imagine if Dumars could beat Charlie V down the court while being 100 lbs over weight pulling Charlie so he can be coached properly to get back on defense. Dumars could somehow release the elastic band if Charlie started jogging so the band would snap Charlie in the bare behind. Would Charlie then repeat his famous quote, "Please coach me". We fans demand bold action by the owner and this type of thing might keep us interested.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty I WONDER

Post  deusXango Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Tonight is the long awaited home opener for our beloved Detroit Pistons after a pointless lock-out by the owners. Tis the season to be jolly and families do all sort of family things where from 8 to 80 everybody has a good time. I wonder if P-Boy, Rhett, and all the other Joe Dumars/Rodney Stuckey supporters are out at the Palace? 🇳🇴 The staunches supporters of the Pistons are jumping ship, believe it!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Darko

Post  Murph Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:32 pm

"That front line of Darko, Beasley, and Love is impressive...Sure Dumars made a huge mistake drafting Darko but an even bigger mistake was letting him go only to sign fringe big men who everyone knew would not ime bpact any game for their entire careers. Darko has filled out and knows how to be successful. He might end up being one of the best centers in the league."

Don...I don't know about one of the best centers in the League, but I've been trying to tell you for years that Darko is a servicable center. I'm glad you're finally coming around.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Re: Darko

Post  Murph Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:34 pm

However, Darko is not now, nor wil he ever be as good a big man as Monroe, IMO.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Just Got Home From A Long Day; "2-Shotted" a 1/2 Pint Of Southern Comfort.........

Post  FlyDog Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:41 pm

And read Wisefan's early morning post. Two words: Nut shell.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Hey Deus!

Post  Rett Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:58 pm

I wonder if P-Boy, Rhett, and all the other Joe Dumars/Rodney Stuckey supporters are out at the Palace? No The staunches supporters of the Pistons are jumping ship, believe it.

=======================================================
The strong fan base does NOT jump ship.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

Headin to the Palace now!..

Very Happy

GO PISTONS :!:

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Rett

Post  FlyDog Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:01 pm

I hope you live close. Have "Fun".

Last edited by FlyDog on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Whiskey)
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty Murph

Post  FlyDog Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:22 pm

Darko's is a better Defender than Monroe, by far, imo. In fact, he'd look great NEXT TO Monroe right about now. Now............everybody calm down, chill, and listen to some nice relaxing music before tip off: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 21 Empty darko is a good role player...

Post  frankied Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:38 pm

FlyDog wrote:Darko's is a better Defender than Monroe, by far, imo. In fact, he'd look great NEXT TO Monroe right about now. Now............everybody calm down, chill, and listen to some nice relaxing music before tip off: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
i think that is exactly correct. he is the type of center who would look very nice next to monroe. a big, space-eater who can block shots and catch the ball for those easy lobs monroe could provide.
no need to go over the sad history of his past detroit history, but it's too bad that the team could not bring him back to town, cause he could probably help.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next