Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+5
deusXango
BallinD
cool breeze
Murph
Sparma
9 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Another Big L

Post  BallinD Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:47 am

It really is that time, Y'all.  New Year's resolution; Cut bait, cause the team has gone fishing with no way to land a whale, or even a minnow that could truly help this squad.  

@Sparma: You are so right about the predictable O and there is no solution in sight.  The scheme is Turrible, as Charles Barkley would say. Casey looks lost and becoming desperate.  I can see those analytics guys we hired are really earning their keep in helping him identify the smartest way to put the ball in the hoop. And shades of SVG, down 20 with 10 minutes to go and Casey still got the starters in there?!?! Weggie went down and for a minute, it was 2017 all over again. Sheeeesh!

Casey  smoke blowing smoke up our ass "the shots will fall," but can't find a scheme that will work to make that happen with this inconsistent bunch of guys.  Blake goes balls out, and we lose.  Blake plays within himself, we lose, cause no one else steps up, and we haven't figured out how to play off Blake and even scarier; that may not even be a thing. Weggie continues to play better, but not good enough.  Dre does enough to get his numbers.  Luke is up and down, mostly down.  Bullock is up and down and does not get enough shots, but doesn't demand them, nor does the scheme support him shooting more, though he is our best shooter  facepalm.

The emoji next to Langston Galloway's name is an ugly chick streaking.   lol

Bright Side; Khyri Thomas 2-2 from 3.  

Prognosis by All Star Break after catastrophic December and catastrophic January...We're In The Lotto Now!

Sparma wrote:Griffin putting in a superstar performance, except for the TOs (6 tonight) that our killing us.  Good to see him scrambling for a ball on the floor.  Gritty guy, committed, talented.  But not nearly enough.  In fact, sometimes part of the problem (a really predicable O, combined, not coincidentally, with a bunch of TOs).

Calderon 0-4 from 3.  Terrible for the season from deep: .158 after .464 last year, and .407 over the course of a long career.  What the heck?  Chance?  Outstanding shooters, something he's been, don't just forget how to shoot.  As you age, you can lose the space needed to shoot, but that doesn't seem to be what's going on from deep.

No Stanley?  Someone said he was benched, but I don't know.  I missed the very beginning.

Thomas showing a little something at the end.

Terrible defense throughout, but some signs of life on offense.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Milwaukee fiasco

Post  Sparma Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:35 pm

Griffin putting in a superstar performance, except for the TOs (6 tonight) that our killing us.  Good to see him scrambling for a ball on the floor. Gritty guy, committed, talented. But not nearly enough. In fact, sometimes part of the problem (a really predicable O, combined, not coincidentally, with a bunch of TOs).

Calderon 0-4 from 3.  Terrible for the season from deep: .158 after .464 last year, and .407 over the course of a long career.  What the heck?  Chance?  Outstanding shooters, something he's been, don't just forget how to shoot.  As you age, you can lose the space needed to shoot, but that doesn't seem to be what's going on from deep.

No Stanley?  Someone said he was benched, but I don't know.  I missed the very beginning.

Thomas showing a little something at the end.

Terrible defense throughout, but some signs of life on offense.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sparma Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:31 am

BallinD: "It is another fruitless debate, you are correct. Isn't that the point of being on a forum though? If fewer people (Beard, Ellis, et al) keep spouting the specious arguments against doing anything and we parrot that as "Informed Fans," aren't we no better than them? How long did it take for those (Beard, Ellis, et al) to stop spouting the nonsense about a Big 3? No more! Small victories. Now at least they are openly saying Weggie is wack, underperforming and could/should be shopped if we could only get something for him, as they slide slowly down the slippery slope toward reality. He is playing a bit better of late and may play himself toward a trade."

Heck, you're right about forums. Also, you raise an important point about shifting media. When I was a kid, it was strictly a one way conversation (although as a youngster I did write Tigers GM Jim Campbell with a proposed trade of Norm Cash for then minor leaguer Vida Blue -- correctly getting a dismissive response -- and about a seeming limitation on the number of African-American players on the Tigers -- implausibly getting an angry denial). Times have changed. There's much more of an interface between the media and the public. Or: the "media" have fanned out as to sometimes be indistinguishable from the public. I do think our voices are sometimes heard, and Reggie J may well be a good case in point. Years ago, I emailed a bit with Matt Shepard (can't remember the minor forum he then headed) about the Pistons; recently, he's been stepping in for George Blaha for a few games, and is evidently the front runner for a Tigers' TV job. Turns out then that I made direct contact with someone who now is in direct contact with players and management. So, agreed, the lines have blurred, and we the public do sometimes have an effect on the media.

I doubt anyone's getting through to Gores though, except for those massive numbers of non-people not sitting in the seats of his new arena.

I'm torn on Blake, both seeing him as our best player since Grant Hill and as a big part of the reason things have come crashing down. Maybe, just maybe, Wise has something with his Lakers' idea. They're hoping to trade for Anthony Davis, or sign someone like Klay. If that doesn't pan out, Blake might be seen as a nice back up plan. That could unfold later.
Unfortunately, realistically, the time for them to able to swing a deal likely is now, before they really want to, with some big salaries like KCP there to move.

BallinD wrote:The brain trust has no stomach "appetite" for reality.  You're right.  But FWIW, I'm not gonna rationalize their cowardice and their implied approval of taking a dump all over Deeeeeetroit Basketballllll!  Logistically, you might be right, but I think Blake has intrinsic value and can be traded for an asset or two for a team needing one piece to get over the hump, and a team that can absorb his salary and 36% from 3 as well.  
Dre OTOH is more of a challenge, but hey, Dallas anyone, for Dennis Smith Jr. and Deandre Jordan? And we are rebuilding on the fly with a better fit for the future and the present.  DJ is expiring, I believe.

It is another fruitless debate, you are correct.  Isn't that the point of being on a forum though?  If fewer people (Beard, Ellis, et al) keep spouting the specious arguments against doing anything and we parrot that as "Informed Fans," aren't we no better than them?  How long did it take for those (Beard, Ellis, et al) to stop spouting the nonsense about a Big 3?  No more!  Small victories.  Now at least they are openly saying Weggie is wack, underperforming and could/should be shopped if we could only get something for him, as they slide slowly down the slippery slope toward reality.  He is playing a bit better of late and may play himself toward a trade.

Sparma wrote:BD: "what does it say to the remnants and the newcomers when we broom our best player and, and, and he has played his heart out for us"

He has played his heart out for us, and I honor him for that.

My proposed sequence is based on the logistics.  I'm confident there's a decent trade out there for AD.  But if you trade AD, but then can't trade Griffin you're stuck in a halfway house, trying to rebuild, but with a guy likely nearing decline but commanding an enormous salary preventing complete commitment to rebuild.  With Reggie J, I have no illusions of an even trade; I'd just want to avoid a disastrous trade.  Probably simplest to just get him to the end of his salary with us.  

I have the feeling other teams would have you over the barrel if you first dealt AD, then tried to trade Griffin.  They'd know you'd be desperate to deal at that point.   Maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, I don't get the sense that Gores, Stefanski, or Casey have the appetite for a radical rebuild, so this is likely another fruitless debate.  

BallinD wrote:I still maintain that Dre & Weggie need to go first, and SJ, the Three Amigos, longest-tenured LOSERS.  Their lackluster play and chemistry issues demands it (especially Dre and RJ), if we are truly making a hard right turn.  Not trying to be punitive, but what does it say to the remnants and the newcomers when we broom our best player and, and, and he has played his heart out for us, while Slacky and Sulky get a pass to continue to poison the locker room, the court and the salary structure.

WTF wrote:I've only been screaming rebuild the past 4 or 5 seasons there is so much wrong with team the whole thing needs to be gutted.  This team needs more than a tiny touch up it should be overhauled completely.

I think Griffin can be moved to Lakers or Houston just a gut feeling but where there's a will there is a way.   Even if it means eating a little crap.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Yeah

Post  BallinD Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:32 pm

The brain trust has no stomach "appetite" for reality.  You're right.  But FWIW, I'm not gonna rationalize their cowardice and their implied approval of taking a dump all over Deeeeeetroit Basketballllll!  Logistically, you might be right, but I think Blake has intrinsic value and can be traded for an asset or two for a team needing one piece to get over the hump, and a team that can absorb his salary and 36% from 3 as well.  

Dre OTOH is more of a challenge, but hey, Dallas anyone, for Dennis Smith Jr. and Deandre Jordan? And we are rebuilding on the fly with a better fit for the future and the present.  DJ is expiring, I believe.

It is another fruitless debate, you are correct.  Isn't that the point of being on a forum though?  If fewer people (Beard, Ellis, et al) keep spouting the specious arguments against doing anything and we parrot that as "Informed Fans," aren't we no better than them?  How long did it take for those (Beard, Ellis, et al) to stop spouting the nonsense about a Big 3?  No more!  Small victories.  Now at least they are openly saying Weggie is wack, underperforming and could/should be shopped if we could only get something for him, as they slide slowly down the slippery slope toward reality. He is playing a bit better of late and may play himself toward a trade.

Sparma wrote:BD: "what does it say to the remnants and the newcomers when we broom our best player and, and, and he has played his heart out for us"

My proposed sequence is based on the logistics.  I'm confident there's a decent trade out there for AD.  But if you trade AD, but then can't trade Griffin you're stuck in a halfway house, trying to rebuild, but with a guy likely nearing decline but commanding an enormous salary preventing complete commitment to rebuild.  With Reggie J, I have no illusions of an even trade; I'd just want to avoid a disastrous trade.  Probably simplest to just get him to the end of his salary with us.  

I have the feeling other teams would have you over the barrel if you first dealt AD, then tried to trade Griffin.  They'd know you'd be desperate to deal at that point.   Maybe I'm wrong.

In any case, I don't get the sense that Gores, Stefanski, or Casey have the appetite for a radical rebuild, so this is likely another fruitless debate.  

BallinD wrote:I still maintain that Dre & Weggie need to go first, and SJ, the Three Amigos, longest-tenured LOSERS.  Their lackluster play and chemistry issues demands it (especially Dre and RJ), if we are truly making a hard right turn.  Not trying to be punitive, but what does it say to the remnants and the newcomers when we broom our best player and, and, and he has played his heart out for us, while Slacky and Sulky get a pass to continue to poison the locker room, the court and the salary structure.

WTF wrote:I've only been screaming rebuild the past 4 or 5 seasons there is so much wrong with team the whole thing needs to be gutted.  This team needs more than a tiny touch up it should be overhauled completely.

I think Griffin can be moved to Lakers or Houston just a gut feeling but where there's a will there is a way.   Even if it means eating a little crap.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Rebuild?

Post  Sparma Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:15 pm

BD: "what does it say to the remnants and the newcomers when we broom our best player and, and, and he has played his heart out for us"

My proposed sequence is based on the logistics. I'm confident there's a decent trade out there for AD. But if you trade AD, but then can't trade Griffin you're stuck in a halfway house, trying to rebuild, but with a guy likely nearing decline but commanding an enormous salary preventing complete commitment to rebuild. With Reggie J, I have no illusions of an even trade; I'd just want to avoid a disastrous trade. Probably simplest to just get him to the end of his salary with us.

I have the feeling other teams would have you over the barrel if you first dealt AD, then tried to trade Griffin. They'd know you'd be desperate to deal at that point. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Agreed WTF, But!

Post  BallinD Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:54 pm

I still maintain that Dre & Weggie need to go first, and SJ, the Three Amigos, longest-tenured LOSERS. Their lackluster play and chemistry issues demands it (especially Dre and RJ), if we are truly making a hard right turn. Not trying to be punitive, but what does it say to the remnants and the newcomers when we broom our best player and, and, and he has played his heart out for us, while Slacky and Sulky get a pass to continue to poison the locker room, the court and the salary structure.

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty 39 Wins Again

Post  WTF Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:29 pm

I've only been screaming rebuild the past 4 or 5 seasons there is so much wrong with team the whole thing needs to be gutted.  This team needs more than a tiny touch up it should be overhauled completely.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Fire the Owner?

Post  Sparma Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:48 pm

If we could, yes.

I don't think we really far apart.  Good point about Dre and Gores.  Wasn't one of Gores first actions inviting Andre over, playing ping pong as I remember?  Once that tight relation was in place there are ramifications, you're right, mainly in the person of Reggie J.  And once that was in place, SVG spit out: "Team meeting, my ___.", etc.

I think of organizations as systems, and clearly there's a systematic issue.

Teams can do well with a crummy owner, so I'm not saying the owner is always a team's downfall.  In the case of the Pistons though, I'd argue that Gores has been the ultimate cause of our long term problems with his persistently short sighted approach (ironically even as he made two long terms hires in SVG and Casey; btw, do we know Stefanski's contract and job status yet?).  There have been crucial proximate causes, SVG foremost among them, but Reggie J's also been a crucial proximate cause to the state we find ourselves in.

I hesitate to include Andre, but I see your point.  Here again, I don't know that we're that far apart.  Andre's got an important skill in offensive rebounding, something he does at an historically high level.  That's not to be treated dismissively.  Still, I recognize the force of the question of how much he's contributed to winning.  Where I think we might agree is that in the right situation -- maybe alongside LeBron -- he could be an important contributor to a championship contender.

I don't know what's up with Stanley.  Coaching?  Yes, but there seems to be more, a self-defeating stubbornness.  I thought Casey was bringing out a better Stanley (and his PER is above his career average), but not so fast.  That defensive fiasco yesterday notwithstanding, Stanley's got it in him to be a valuable NBA player, a tough defender, an opportunistic floor rusher, and often a good passer.  Some guys just persist in being their own worst enemy, in resisting the role that would best suit them as well as the team.  That may be Stanley.  Maybe not though, and the guy has lots of time to improve his shooting.  Just, please, don't overpay for him.

Incidentally, a side article had a note about 31 y.o. Luigi Datome, shooting 50% from 3 in Europe, after 44% last year.  I'm not saying he's the answer, but he does illustrate that you can probably bring in good shooters for the NBA minimum.  Please explore all available options before signing Stanley for 10 mil a year.

[DBB: "The 31-year-old could probably be contributing to an NBA bench unit that values shooting and high IQ play. For Datome, however, the EuroLeague likely suits him better. In 2018-19, Datome is currently shooting 21-of-42 from downtown. Datome in 35 EuroLeague games last season shot 44 percent (52-of-117)."]

Clearly, this team is not worth the psychic energy that I, along with many others, devote to them.

I heartily wish a Happy New Year to each and every one of the lingering forumites, and that includes you Trump lovers!

BallinD wrote:Sparma, the fish stinks from the head; True Dat!
Gores came in waving his white hat and making declarations, adopted Dre as his son and by default his butt buddy in Crime, the Weggie.  He has tried everything in order to deny the truth... the team is not that good because the cornerstones are anything but!   None of these great (cough) basketball minds could tell him Dre is a great rebounder and garbage man, but that’s it, and a scoring guard cannot elevate a garbage man with a weak motor, no shot and a sulking pouter.  

SJ as you point out has been given free rein to be his worst version of himself, remind you of anything, maybe the Dre post-up experiment?  That is Coaching, not truly on Gores.

He’s not a basketball person. Any of the few left on this forum could do a better job if we had his money. Why did he buy the team if he’s not willing to do the heavy lifting to build a viable, solid foundation.  Why will no one tell him the truth.

And this myth about needing two all Stars, well the Pacers and Bucks are good with 1 all star and good complementary pieces, but they have a coach and a game plan.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Fire the Owner?

Post  BallinD Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:39 pm

Sparma, the fish stinks from the head; True Dat!
Gores came in waving his white hat and making declarations, adopted Dre as his son and by default his butt buddy in Crime, the Weggie. He has tried everything in order to deny the truth... the team is not that good because the cornerstones are anything but! None of these great (cough) basketball minds could tell him Dre is a great rebounder and garbage man, but that’s it, and a scoring guard cannot elevate a garbage man with a weak motor, no shot and a sulking pouter.

SJ as you point out has been given free rein to be his worst version of himself, remind you of anything, maybe the Dre post-up experiment? That is Coaching, not truly on Gores.

He’s not a basketball person. Any of the few left on this forum could do a better job if we had his money. Why did he buy the team if he’s not willing to do the heavy lifting to build a viable, solid foundation. Why will no one tell him the truth.

And this myth about needing two all Stars, well the Pacers and Bucks are good with 1 all star and good complementary pieces, but they have a coach and a game plan.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Dang

Post  Sparma Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:26 pm

Stanley may well hold a record in futility at the moment.  I doubt that any player's 3% has gone down each of his first four seasons, yet that's where Stanley now stands: .307, .292, .286, .278.  At the same time, his average number of 3 attempts per game has steadily increased, with the exception of his second season.

Who keeps records of the sort?  That's a fierce anomaly.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty When you put it like that....

Post  Sparma Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:01 pm

BallinD: "What is the constant: Low BBIQ, questionable motors, poor shooting, chemistry killers, and extreme inconsistency."

Well-put.  

Still, I think a good case can be made that the deepest constant has been an owner unwilling to commit to a long term plan, one that's painful in the short run.

If that claim's right, SVG becomes epiphenomenal, foam on the waves of the ocean.  Casey too.  And let's not forget letting Joe trade what became a #8 pick for moving cap space forward a year, the stretching of Josh Smith's contract, dubbing Reggie J a franchise pillar by way of his contract, trading a 1st and a 2nd & & for a hugely salaried "superstar" savior, etc.

Gores needs to look himself in the mirror before we can expect real change.

The competence of Casey & Stefanski are nice, but will yield only limited results unless we become tremendously lucky.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Trade the Coach 2 Y’all

Post  BallinD Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:42 pm

What team needs an elite rebounder and a backup scoring guard? How about a young defensive (cough - cough) stud, an expiring blazing fast backup pg and a lights out 3&D forward? Or an instant offense tough as nails undersized SG?

We have to let go this illusion folks. Seriously! What is the constant in the last 4 years? Weggie and Dre. Time to cut bait, addition by subtraction, the three Amigos must go. What is the constant: Low BBIQ, questionable motors, poor shooting, chemistry killers, and extreme inconsistency.

Our two leaders (Dre & Weggie) are ok, but simply are not nearly good enough to be considered cornerstones. We can move these pieces if we just accept that they’re not that good and so the returns wont be either. But they can be moved. Forget equal value; don’t do another Josh Smith and hold the cards till they burn your hands? What is the downside to this, nobody thinks they will really win ANYTHING this year. Time to really start over “on the fly.” Just Do It! Get some Piston DNA in here.

Casey is Surely and Obviously SVG 2.0. So he’s not gonna coach us out of this thing.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Rebuild?

Post  Sparma Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:01 pm

If Griffin could be traded in a non-disastrous deal first, I'd be good with a rebuild. It'd be great to trade Reggie J, but that'd be tough. Everyone can go, but unless you offload Griffin first without putting yourself in a deeper hole, I doubt there can be a genuine, or successful, rebuild.

Murph wrote:Another heart breaker yesterday, on a last second shot by Fournier.  I can't believe it.  We keep losing games we have a chance to win, and really need to win.  I no longer have any illusions about this team.  34 games into the season, you're only as good as your record, and our record is pretty bad. And it's not going to get any easier any time soon, with games coming up in Milwaukee and Memphis.  Our season is going down in a ball of flames.  

It's probably time to start trading every tradable vet possible, not named Drummond, Kennard, Brown, Johnson and Thomas for young players and draft picks, and do a mini rebuild.  Then make a decision on Drummond when his contract comes due.  It's going to be a long process to rebuild, because of Griffin's contract.  We can'd do a full rebuild until Griffin's contract expires.
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty The Hits Just Keep on Coming

Post  Murph Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:55 am

Another heart breaker yesterday, on a last second shot by Fournier. I can't believe it. We keep losing games we have a chance to win, and really need to win. I no longer have any illusions about this team. 34 games into the season, you're only as good as your record, and our record is pretty bad. And it's not going to get any easier any time soon, with games coming up in Milwaukee and Memphis. Our season is going down in a ball of flames.

It's probably time to start trading every tradable vet possible, not named Drummond, Kennard, Brown, Johnson and Thomas for young players and draft picks, and do a mini rebuild. Then make a decision on Drummond when his contract comes due. It's going to be a long process to rebuild, because of Griffin's contract. We can'd do a full rebuild until Griffin's contract expires.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Bummer in Indy

Post  Sparma Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:41 pm

But I didn't see Kennard double clutch once (watched most of the game). And he contributed!

Otherwise....
Sparma
Sparma

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Andre Drummond had the right stuff - comments in support of Murph on non basketball issues

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Very happy to see AD finally dominate on defense for most of the game against Washington. Of course Gortat is no longer a thorn in his side but still AD really had the right stuff on defense. I can't say that same thing relating to Blake Griffin's effort on defense in the first half. When the Pistons go sour, it is because of some of the starters who hold the ball too long or shoot it too much. Galloway gave the Pistons a spark. In the 2nd quarter, Detroit came alive with the second unit and built up a nice lead by sharing the ball and playing scrappy defense. Then the starters came back in a ruined the chemistry. Yet at the start of the 3rd after a suspected scolding by one of the assistant coaches (never Dwayne) Detroit really started to click.

Murph I suspect that nobody on the forum likes the "Deplorable Trump supporters" as Hillary calls us. But I was not surprised that my nephews and nieces said positive things about the Trump agenda where Black unemployment and wages are up at historic highs. Main stream media cannot report real news because it is politics over sanity at all times. Party loyalty is based on faith not reality. I received two books for Christmas "Tucker Carlson's "Ship of Fools" about how the selfish ruling class is bringing America to the brink of revolution. The other book is entitled " Trump's Enemies How the Deep State Is Undermining The Presidency". It was cool to be around my extended family this year and listen to the younger relatives compare stories about their college professors who are all Progressives and determined to eliminate intellectual diversity. Good to hear that there is one Piston fan who is not brain washed. I am not sure if you are a Republican or not. I am not and used to be a liberal democrat who knows liberal democratic individualism is no longer alive within the democratic party. Progressives will send America back into the stone age eventually if they get their wish for complete open borders. Just bring in more voters and they will win. The socialist God will decide our fate as rigid control of thought will be the law and policed by CNN, NBC and MSMBC. The trade deficit of 800 billion will be known as a good thing. Everyone in South America will be welcome because we a a nation of immigrants even though that will hurt the existing illegal immigrants who work on the California farms. More cheap labor of course will somehow help all citizens who are scraping by. It will be good because the Ship of Fools will say it is good. They know what is good for everyone. We are all too selfish as Americans and of course we are all evil because America dropped the A bomb on Japan. Yet Jimmy Carter said that he was for dropping the bomb because if the bombs had not been dropped he would have been killed along with George Bush 1, JFK and my Father who was in the Pacific at the time. I guess whatever the Ship of Fools says is true though and they have a right to revise history to their liking. By the way, there are some republicans on the Ship of Fools that Tucker identifies in that book.

It is good that we have basketball and can enjoy a few more days of bliss before the revolution. Happy New Year to all Piston followers and may you have good health and happiness in 2019. Let's hope we can all get along next year and be tolerant and open minded. My wish is that the Pistons do not throw in the towel again starting in the middle of January.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Sigh

Post  Murph Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:39 pm

WTF wrote:
Murph wrote:Right.   You attached "Pistons fans", and I attached "Lions fans."  Again, self-awareness is not your strong suit.

Shouldn't you be somewhere colluding and obstructing  lol lol lol

Sigh. The only colluding and obstructing going on in Washington DC these days is the Democrats colluding with the deep state and the media to run Trump out of office, and the Democrats obstructing Trump's agenda.

Sorry, that was too easy.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty LMAO

Post  WTF Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:28 am

Murph wrote:Right.   You attached "Pistons fans", and I attached "Lions fans."  Again, self-awareness is not your strong suit.

Shouldn't you be somewhere colluding and obstructing  lol lol lol
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:18 am

Right.  You attached "Pistons fans", and I attached "Lions fans."  Again, self-awareness is not your strong suit.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:02 am

Dear Cheerleader wrote:As usual, I'm not the one who started with the attacks.  Self-awareness is not one of your strong suits.  You wrote:

"Hell I even blame many of the fans that sit and settle for 8th seeds and make excuses when they fail.   I know both myself and Don get blasted for being harsh in our assessment of the team but nay fans should be spouting  much of the same things we speak on."

I know Many and Murph both begin with the letter M but I don't recall specifically attacking you.  Seems your sensitivity is getting the best of you again that you felt the need to express your opinion on an unrelated sport. Stick to the subject at hand (Your Pistons)  facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Murph Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:44 am

As usual, I'm not the one who started with the attacks.  Self-awareness is not one of your strong suits.  You wrote:

"Hell I even blame many of the fans that sit and settle for 8th seeds and make excuses when they fail.   I know both myself and Don get blasted for being harsh in our assessment of the team but nay fans should be spouting  much of the same things we speak on."

1.   I do not feel in any way personally responsible for the Pistons disappointing season.  

2.   I do not at all regret my unrealistic expectations going into the season every year.

3.  I would still get some joy out of the season, if the Pistons only played around .500 and became the 6th - 8th seed.

4.  I try to remember that the Pistons have to work through all the bad contracts that SVG signed, which is going to take at least 2 more years.

Would I like more out of the Pistons?...of course.  But I will enjoy any playoff appearance.

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:31 am

Murph wrote:Well then, Lions fans must be sorely disappointed every year.

We are, you won't catch Lions Fans sugar coating losing seasons like many Pistons Fans do.  Attacking Lions Fans won't make the Pistons any better SMH facepalm
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty The Definition of Futility

Post  Murph Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:14 am

WTF wrote:
A Piston Fan wrote:Man, you have to be a really loyal fan, with really low expectations, to follow that team.  I sure wouldn't be talking crap about Pistons fans.  FORUM - Page 38 2486316891 FORUM - Page 38 2486316891 FORUM - Page 38 2486316891

Lions Fans never go into a season with low expectation  we always believe and expect them to win it all.  We don't make excuses, we don't cheer tiny victories,  any meaningless wins unlike many Pistons Fans do.

Well then, Lions fans must be sorely disappointed every year.

So I looked it up.  Assuming that the Lions had a 50-50 chance of winning any given wild card game, the chances of losing 8 straight WC games are roughly 250-1.

Furthermore, the Lions haven't won a playoff game in 27 years.  The last playoff win was 1991, when Barry Sanders was 23 years old.  Wow.  And in fact, that was the year the Lions won their one and only a playoff game in the 57 year history since the Fords bought the team.

We can piss and moan about Gores, but one playoff game win in 57 years???  That's insane.  Shocked

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Pistons

Post  WTF Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:57 am

A Piston Fan wrote:Man, you have to be a really loyal fan, with really low expectations, to follow that team.  I sure wouldn't be talking crap about Pistons fans.  FORUM - Page 38 2486316891 FORUM - Page 38 2486316891 FORUM - Page 38 2486316891

Lions Fans never go into a season with low expectation  we always believe and expect them to win it all.  We don't make excuses, we don't cheer tiny victories,  any meaningless wins unlike many Pistons Fans do.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 38 Empty Lions

Post  Murph Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:57 am

I haven't followed the Lions since the early 70s.  Honestly, they've been so bad for so long, that they lost my interest decades ago.  I use to follow them in the days of Joe Schmidt, Lem Barney and Greg Landry.  But they've been so bad ever since, I just stopped following them and started to follow other teams, like the NY Giants.

But man, talk about a putrid team, with putrid owners.  The Fords have owned that team for 57 years.  In that time, the Lions have made the playoffs only 12 times, and have never even made it to a Super Bowl let alone won one.  Not once in 57 years?  Yikes!

To put that in perspective, in that time, the Tigers won 2 World Series.  The Pistons have won 3 NBA Championships.  And the Red Wings have won 4 Stanley Cups.

Only the Lions are without a Championship.  In fact, you have to go back 61 years since the Lions last won in 1957 before the Fords bought the team.  And since the Fords bought the team they have a mind numbingly bad record (375-495), have only made the playoffs 12 times, including 9 straight Wild Card game losses....9 straight.  OMG  facepalm  That's so bad it's funny.

And the Lions are currently putrid again, with a 5-10 record.

Man, you have to be a really loyal fan, with really low expectations, to follow that team.  I sure wouldn't be talking crap about Pistons fans.  lol lol lol

Murph

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next