Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
lemonpen
FlyDog
Go Stones!
Sebastian
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Oracle
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Leos Soon To Be Former HC

Post  lemonpen Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:53 pm

I hate to say it but I really hope this puts to rest any thought of bringing back Caldwell. When a season boils down to WIN or BUST (as in bust it up) how does one remain so freakin conservative. How many times have we witnessed KaKa-headed coaches willingly turn the ball over to MVP QB's with time on the clock only to see another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory.
Thirty seconds or three minutes, does it really matter? MVPs giterdone, damnit. Didn't he put them in position the last time too !!!!!!!!!

A season in the balance and again we choose to back our D against an MVP.

How bout we lose by trying to WIN.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Don

Post  FlyDog Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:04 am

Why didn't Caldwell call a timeout to set his Defense? Why did they try to start running out the clock in the 2nd Quarter? Why did they play prevent Defense up 23-14? Why was CJ and Ebron not on the field on the final play? WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Why do so many NFL games appear to be fixed?

Post  cool breeze Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:06 am

I fully expected after the refs called the penalty on the Lion defenders that somehow the Packers would win the game on the next play. How many of you felt the same way? So my big question for the coaching staff is why in hell would you not rush the passer in that situation on the last play of the game and not allow the quarterback to have all day to set up for the long throw? Would it be likely that if the quarterback had to get rid of the ball in a hurry that he would just try to dump the ball off to the nearest receiver and hope for the best? The professional football brain trust of the Lions select the prevent defense for that last play which gave the Packers a 50% chance to win the game if the quarterback could be given enough time to get the throw into the end zone. Meanwhile all those loyal Lion fans who wore the blue uniforms go home crying again while the football media can juice up the Packers chances of winning it all again. Why are so many football fans turned off with the NFL and only watch college football games? Really is it rational that the Lions would not have a big rush on the quarterback last night on the winning play? Hummm. Who cares?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Ballin & Lions!

Post  Oracle Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:36 am

@Ballin - That info needs to be dropped into Westbrooks inbox lol lol lol, Durant's too!!! 

Lions: Now that's what I'm talking about! Gutsy win over the tough Packers... Go Lions!!!

Edit: Spoke too soon... stupid Lions LOSE!!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Bottle It 2

Post  BallinD Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:37 pm

BallinD wrote:Last two games, RJax at the top of the heap.  NBA leader in advanced stats offensive performance quotient, or something.  Just ahead of his Boo Russ...

FORUM - Page 35 Reggie_jackson_best_1.0

Second Game.
FORUM - Page 35 Reggie_jackson_best_2.0
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Bottle It

Post  BallinD Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:29 pm

Last two games, RJax at the top of the heap.  NBA leader in advanced stats offensive performance quotient, or something.  Just ahead of his Boo Russ...

FORUM - Page 35 Reggie_jackson_best_1.0
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Blake

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:51 pm

Lemonpen, at this point Monica Lewinsky could blow by Steve Blake!

This isn't even the Steve Blake I saw last season, the dude has deteriorated to well below scrub level!

Toliver hit both of his shots last night, and he was still invisible! Our bench is in deep trouble, and poor Stanley needs better veteran leadership!
lemonpen wrote:According to the article to the right:

"UPDATE: Jennings is already at the blow by Steve Blake stage of his recovery, though I'm unsure how informative that is:"

In my mind that places Brandon on par with the rest of leagues b/u PG's.   Razz  Razz  Razz

The question is can he finish.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Jennings Update

Post  lemonpen Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:38 pm

According to the article to the right:

"UPDATE: Jennings is already at the blow by Steve Blake stage of his recovery, though I'm unsure how informative that is:"

In my mind that places Brandon on par with the rest of leagues b/u PG's. Razz Razz Razz

The question is can he finish.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Upon Reflection, there was some good to come out of this game!

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:05 pm

If nothing else, the ability to focus and get a win the way they did last night is a clear sign that the talent and desire is there! It just needs to be worked on.

But Reggie was nothing short of fantastic, all he was missing was a cape! He also had a somewhat historic night, becoming the first Piston to score more than 30 points and dish more than 15 assists since Zeke did it in 1988! When he goes into his Superman act, he's unstoppable, but he also had a play earlier in the game that we rarely see from him, but it was damn impressive!

And how about Drummond hitting absolutely CLUTCH an needed free throws to get us to OT, and KCP being totally useless and then hitting shots in crunch time... IMPRESSIVE!

Some Comments I found very good:

@Fly:
"I am very pleased that this team sits at 10-9, and also very pleased that SVG is hard to please!" - Fly

Fly, I'm also happy that SVG is so difficult to please! In his presser he had to tell the reporters to not get him started on the bad stuff, he said it was a win, so he doesn't want to be too negative! That's the right reaction, he's saying that yeah, we won, but we've got work to do! That's important because if you can't win efficiently, you burn too much energy getting a win, and you'll pay the cost later if you keep it up!

@Don:
"Van Gundy needs to create something new on offense. Remember Richard Hamilton being in perpetual motion with big men actually setting screens other than the one damn screen beyond the foul line by Drummond." - Don

Don, you keep reading my mind, I was thinking about that 2 days ago but didn't have time to post it! My thought revolved around KCP because of the amazing way he runs the court like RIP did! They need to try using him that way, running him off of screens to get midrange shots and see if that eventually allows him to get better 3 point shots!

I think it's a big mistake to have KCP always out at the 3 point line watching Jackson & Drummond play footsie! As a matter of fact, I think that hurts the rhythm of Illy and Morris as well! Jackson was MUCH better last night with 16 assists, and we need more of that.

But while we need him to assist more, it would be even more effective if it happened in the context of a designed offense as you suggested!

Literally Breaking News
: Pistons' Baynes undergoes nose surgery for a broken nose! No details yet if games will be missed!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The Suns somehow forgot how effective their layup drill had worked in the 3rd quarter and Reggie took over

Post  cool breeze Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:49 am

Opposing announcer Tom Chambers made one comment in the first half that stuck with me. I have been one of the biggest offenders relating to Reggie Jackson performances in losing games. Chambers pointed out in the first half how much pressure Jackson is under because Pope was not making himself a threat on offense. Pope was playing like Michael Curry on offense. And he couldn't guard the rookie Booker to save his life either. Booker scored 15 points and should have had 20 had the Suns passed him the basketball more. Pope came back in the 4th quarter and played tough making some good passes knowing that he could not make a jump shot. To make the playoffs, something will need to happen relating to point production from the 2 guard spot. Some believe that Jennings may be able to defend well enough at the 2 to play that spot. Time will tell but right now, it is 4 against 5 most of the time on offense for the Pistons will Pope sitting beyond the 3 point line tucked down deep on the baseline. Van Gundy needs to create something new on offense. Remember Richard Hamilton being in perpetual motion with big men actually setting screens other than the one damn screen beyond the foul line by Drummond. More players need to take part in the offense than the point guard and center especially when the center is shooting free throws in the mid 30% level. But Drummond does hit the two big free throws when it mattered. Still what in hell is the shooting coach doing to earn his money??

This was a game where every Piston player looked out of sorts until there was 7 minutes left in the game. The Suns were bone tired getting into Detroit really late last night after a tough loss. This was a game where our Pistons should have been primed to dominate and they took the night off for the most part and still got the win. Both Drummond and Baynes looked lost on defense until Drummond stepped it up late. At lease we know that the players do like winning more than losing which is a nice change for all Piston fans.

Knight played another great ball game and we should be gratefull that he failed to collect himself and wait for the defender to fly by before launching that last 3 point shot. Still he is a money player who is only going to get even better because of his work ethic and high IQ.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Amazing

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:02 am

I read that Drummond has missed more FT's in the last 3 games than Steph Curry missed all of last season. Those 2 he hit to send the game in to overtime though were huge. And a bit lucky.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Helluva Rally

Post  FlyDog Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:26 am

Maybe I'm naive or ignorant, but I still contend that Jennings will make a big difference once he gets back and rounds into shape. I know 1 thing for sure, KCP won't be playing 46 minutes in any game. I think he'll help alleviate minutes from the entire starting unit, because he'll be able to make the 2nd unit guys better with his scoring and penetration. I guess maybe it's just that the last time we saw Jennings he was dominating the League, and that memory is the last one I have of him.

Good to see Marcus have another big game against his former team. I am very pleased that this team sits at 10-9, and also very pleased that SVG is hard to please!

FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Merc & Ballin, take a look at this...

Post  Oracle Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:05 am

Have your optics fully absorb this info...

FORUM - Page 35 Untitl14
Every starter outscored the bench except KCP, and the bench only outscored him by 4 points!

Even if both Jennings and Meeks return, they can't make up for that level of ineptitude!

BTW Merc, you're right, not only has Morris been GREAT, he's by far the better Morris, at least this season!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:59 pm

OC, I'm glad you brought up Morris... he made a ton of plays that kept them in the game... not many posters expected him to be a big piece of the starting unit... so far he's been anything but a bad egg.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:50 pm

BallinD, good post man... I'm with you on standing pat for a minute... at least until the deadline.
I'm thinkin' SVG is gonna finally get through to RJ... really surprised we're not seeing more lobs to Dre when they help on Reggie.
Not really counting on much help from Meeks... but I do think Tolliver can only do better than he has (defense is still pretty good).
My X-factor is SJ... his improvement on 3's is going to gain respect while spreading the floor... that's when he can make a difference driving.
Anything from Jennings is a bonus... I'm concerned he's going to go into chuck mode trying to build his FA value.
The stats say the Pistons are the worst shooting team in the league... history shows they are better than this.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Way, WAY...

Post  Oracle Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:31 pm

Harder than it should have been!!!

Brandon Knight is a bonafide star in this league now, he's the Suns best player!

But man, why in the world was this so hard, and do these Pistons remember how to play defense???

I know the Suns can score, but this was ridiculous!

Well, the only thing I have left is an old worn out platitude... and win is a good one!

What's wrong with this picture?

1. Morris: 24 points 14 rebounds
  2. Drummond: 22 points 12 rebounds
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Throwing Stones: Random Thoughts

Post  BallinD Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:29 pm

To stand pat or to trade:
With the amount of roster turmoil during the SVG era, and with the decent start to the season, it might be time to stand pat and see what we've got. Once Jennings and Meeks come back and are integrated, around March or April, we have a long home stretch and a chance to make a big run. Meeks shot well above 40% on threes, I recall, during the last month of the season, after he got his legs under him and his conditioning. By then, Jennings should be ready to contribute as well. I know Jennings said he wants to go after the 6th man award, and so why not let him. We have seen what he can do when motivated. He knows the system and I think he has Piston DNA. MInus-- neither is a good defender.

Shooting:
It should come around, again, after the All Star break. Tolliver has not looked good, but we know he can be a spark. Advantage: he knows the system. He plays team ball. He plays Hard. Minus: he is undersized, streaky and a role player at best. Illy should get more shots. Banes should be employed at the first sign of Hack-a-Dre. Stanimal's shooting is on an uptick. Reggie shoots good in our wins? If only we could keep winning. Jennings might not get his shot, till he gets his legs back in February. KCP. Streaky, needs to play less minutes to help his legs.

Defense:
Fairly consistently so far. Number 9 in the NBA in defensive rating. A Top Ten defensive rating was the SVG goal and he hit the mark. Dre needs to do more. Wish we had a John Henson-type reserve to come off the bench and block shots!

Passing:
Getting better, but still too much dribbling, Reggie!

Team Spirit:
From Stanimal, to Dre, to Mook, to KCP, I think we have something going. Can't wait to see what fire young Swaggy J will bring to the table when he returns. So far, so good.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re:

Post  Phil-Good Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:34 am

Sebastian wrote:
P.S. I am sick and tired off seeing Tollivier on the floor.

True WORDS!!! I said it the other day. Tolliver is A hustle, hard working guy and I really respect that. But the Pistons need A upgrade in talent if Tollivier is in your rotation night in and night out.

Payne from MSU would be A nice addition. I have A few guys I like. Bojan Bogdanovic looks to be available. Nice stretch 4 who can shoot and put the basketball on the floor.

Ryan Anderson looks good in N.O. Terrence Jones from Houston is young and skilled. Houston also has A guy name K.J. McDaniels who can play that they don't use. Sacrament has Ben McLemore and they not using him. It's A bunch of guys around the league who can help Detroit. We will see what G.M Van Gundy can pull out his azz.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty WE need one more dude added to this roster ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:58 pm

When B. Jennings return, he will be able to help US hugely with the lapses of focus that Mr. October has when running the point and consequently will solidify a three guard rotation (B. Jennings, Reggie, and KCP).

Now, is the time for Stanley to become more productive, consistently, off the bench.

Baynes should continue to relieve Dre' Drummond, when needed.

But, OUR roster is in great need of an addition to the front line. Someone to mix and match with Morris and Illy. I have identified that guy.

Adreian Payne is the guy that GM Stan should add to OUR roster. Payne would be an ideal back-up at the PF position. Minnesota doesn't really use the guy, these days, with Towns in town, and spare parts like, Damjan Rudez, Gorgui Dieng, and the tutor, KG on the roster, the T-wolves have absolutely no use for Payne.

Go get him GM Stan!

P.S. I am sick and tired off seeing Tollivier on the floor.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Let me get on the Lift, too!

Post  Sebastian Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:46 pm

Or better, yet, I'll let you all know how it was to have been stuck on an elevator with this hottie. hehe

Oracle wrote:Yeah I really want to get STUCK with this beauty from Game of Thrones lol

FORUM - Page 35 NathalieEmmanual
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Stuck in an elevator?

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Yeah I really want to get STUCK with this beauty from Game of Thrones lol

FORUM - Page 35 NathalieEmmanual
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Stuck In An Elevator

Post  lemonpen Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:04 pm

It wasn't a Piston, but he was the "Greatest Of All Time".

At the time he was known as Cassius Clay. My Mother and I shared an elevator from the basement of Cobo Hall with him. I must have been 6 or 7 at the time and all I remember is my hand disappearing in his when we shook.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The evolution of Andre Drummond...

Post  Oracle Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:57 pm

There are people that said they would rather have Whiteside than Drummond, and I replied that while I like Whiteside a lot, Andre Drummonds ceiling is higher... and I mean a LOT higher!!!

Here are the highlights of the Houston game, and you'll see how he's progressed as a rim protector and as an offensive weapon. It's long at 12 minutes, but there is one spin move at the 3.27 minute mark, that to me, gives you a glimpse of what the future will be!

Andre had 3 things he needed to accomplish in the off season

1. Develop a signature offensive move: He's well on his way with this one, he has not one, but two go to moves that are hard to defend. His baby hook and that devastating spin move. There are few big men that can deal with a guy that can move that quickly with the ball!
  2. Become a better defender: He is showing progress on this front as well! He's a much better help defender than last year, and he's becoming a much better rim protector!
  3. Shoot FT's at a 50% clip: He's not close to getting there

Ok, IMO, 2 out of 3 isn't a bad off season!!! I'm actually shocked at how well he's progressing on both the offensive and defensive end of the floor, and he isn't even in midseason form!

Oh, here's the video:

I'm telling you, Drummond is going to be something very special when he puts it all together, and it'll take a miracle to keep him out of the All Star game this year! I THOUGHT Reggie was on track to get there too, but he has a lot of work to do.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Houston Sockless

Post  lemonpen Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:47 pm

Missed the game but am glad to read all of the comments.

It's really nice to see bounce back performances from Baynes and RJax, along with more growth in Johnson and Drummond.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Houston Game

Post  Phil-Good Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:45 am

Pistons almost gave this game away tonight to A really bad Houston team. Houston will be A lottery team this year. But it's too bad, Houston has traded away all it's draft picks. lol lol And Ty Lawson is looking like A TRUE BUMM!! P.S.. HOUSTON. Change those UGLY Uniforms. They are by far, the worst UNIFORMS in the NBA. Just UGLY! lol

Reggie. What the F.U.C.K. MAN! Why you keep bull--shiting around with the basketball. All that between the legs, around your back, Bull...S.H.I.T. In CRUNCH TIME! Come on man. Don't start that S.H.I.T

What Jackson needs to do is TRUST his mid-range game more. That tear-drop and mid range pull-up is there 10 out of 10 times. He just needs to trust it more. When Toney Parker's game took that leap to the next level, his mid-range game was on point.

Also, Drummonds has to find it in himself to become A better FT shooter. He can do it.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next