Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
lemonpen
FlyDog
Go Stones!
Sebastian
Phil-Good
merc
deusXango
Oracle
WTF
Fennis Dembo
14 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Tonight's game vs. the Wizards ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Pistons Pals, like every game until tax day, this too is a must win. WE need this victory.

To get the "W", tonight, WE will need to have all of the starters have good games, which means that WE have got to have at least 25 assist as a team. Everybody has to touch the ball.

I would also, like to see a good game by Stanley. Like, someone posted earlier, Stanley needs to start peaking like Tay did about this time in the schedule of his rookie season.

Truth be told, Stanley had a nice little run just before his shoulder injury, but maybe the time out of the lineup afforded him the opportunity to get the proper rest and rehab that he can use to help with this Playoff Push.

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty They Want It, But They Don't Know What They Want

Post  BallinD Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:39 am

It.  Being, the next level.  Overwhelmed with the possibility to get over the hump, to take the next step, the young Pistons have no sense of what that means.

No one team can know the next level until they have been tested at the limits of it and failed, like sharpening a knife against an abrasive stone.  That abrasive stone is the Raptors, Wizards, Cavaliers, Wizards, Pacers, Hawks and the like, who have internalized the level of effort and execution necessary to advance in the playoffs.  

Our Pistons are still trying to learn the defense, how to share the ball, how to switch and sacrifice for the team defensive efforts, and how to be a team that wins without a true star to lead them.

That's a lot to learn in a short time, with no reference point, beyond what SVG, Baynes and Jackson tells them.  Fun times.

So they want to do better and they try, but that extra gear, and how to maintain velocity and accurate steering at high performance output, is not yet in their emotional memory, bonded with their muscle memory.  If they can find the switch and simultaneously keep the pedal to the metal, they can come close to a special season.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty They Want It, But They Don't Know What They Want

Post  BallinD Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:29 am

It. Being, the next level. Overwhelmed with the possibility to get over the hump, to take the next step, the young Pistons have no sense of what that means.

No one team can know the next level until they have been tested at the limits of it and failed, like sharpening a knife against an abrasive stone. That abrasive stone is the Raptors, Wizards, Cavaliers, Wizards, Pacers, Hawks and the like, who have internalized the level of effort and execution necessary to advance in the playoffs.

Our Pistons are still trying to learn the defense, how to share the ball, how to switch and sacrifice for the team defensive efforts, and how to be a team that wins without a true star to lead them.

That's a lot to learn in a short time, with no reference point, beyond what SVG, Baynes and Jackson tells them. Fun times.

So they want to do better and they try, but that extra gear, and how to maintain velocity and accurate steering at high performance output, is not yet in their emotional memory, bonded with their muscle memory. If they can find the switch and simultaneously keep the pedal to the metal, they can come close to a special season.
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Players still show that they are not mentally prepared to play on most nights. So we can only conclude that they are not really serious about making the playoffs

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:25 am

The one player who seems to be mature from game to game is Harris and he is new to the team. This guy is a solid pro. So hats off to Stan Van Gundy. But it is clear that many key players still do not know what you need to do mentally to be ready to play. The game in Philly was telling. Most of the players were faking it on defense. Players come out and make a jump stop on their man on defense who hasn't dribbled the ball yet. Hummm who in this world could not drive right around any player who does that. And in the first half, our ace defensive player, KCP was doing just that. He was not alone though. Jackson was horrible on defense as well but at least he scored. Drummond was AWOL but in his defense, our skill players never tried to get him involved in the offense. Imagine being a coach and the players are ignoring everything you say before the game starts or when the coaches are trying to help these young guys get ready to play. It sucks being a coach when nobody is listening.

The traveling is really hard on players. But they lead a charmed life so there should be no excuses. These players need to face facts that they are not as good in many areas individually as other players currently on teams in playoff position. They hare to have more heart if they have a chance to win. Some nights they have it and many nights they don't. They are young and might go one way or the other in the long run. They may be considered really good NBA players or losers who never reached their potential. I love to watch players develop into something special. We watch their history and it is a beautiful unselfish thing that fans do. Some players appreciate this loyalty and others are just stupid idiots who destroy themselves because they have weak minds. How will this whole thing play out for these Piston players at the end of the season. Will they be looking on the outside and looking in again? They played hard in the last half against Philly. This next game will show their true colors. It is an away game playing a team that has kicked their asses too many times. Will they take another beating or play the right way and give themselves a chance to win?

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty 73 Point 2nd Half

Post  FlyDog Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:45 am

Reggie with 20 Assists in 2 nights. As Stan pleads "Guard somebody!"
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty PHX Vs Golden State is A GREAT GAME

Post  Phil-Good Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:11 am

I'm looking at Phx Vs Golden State and it's A excellent game.

Phoenix has A log jam at the PG and SG positions.

Eric Bledsoe, Brandon Knight and Devin Booker.

And believe me, All 3 are starting players in the NBA. And Booker is not coming off the bench. He too damn good.

I wonder could Detroit land 2 of these 3?????
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Hornets Game and KCP

Post  Phil-Good Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:18 am

Tonight I have to give credit to Charlotte. They look good. The play the right way. The share the ball. They work together and they look like A solid team that all works together.

It's clear that I'm not A KCP fan these days. I can live with KCP for now if he can become A smarter player. GET OFF THAT 3pt line Pope because you not A shooter. Drive...PUll. DRIVE..PULL..DRIVE..PULL!! That should be KCP Game. Not standing in the corner jacking up that terrible 3Ball shot. Or trying to drive to the rim like Reggie Jackson because KCP can't dribble that well. Learn your strengths and get better over the summer.

How about a TRADE this summer Piston fans. KCP and A protected First round pick for This guy.

I know he has some injurey history but If Detroit could get him 100% healthy...BOY O BOY! What A player to have next to Reggie Jackson.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Not Enough

Post  FlyDog Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:52 am

Figures........as soon as I say it, Reggie gets 10 assists last night. Too bad nobody played Defense.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty MAYBE SJ HAVE A TAYSHAUN PRINCE ROOKIE TYPE COMING OUT PARTY

Post  WTF Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:03 pm

FlyDog wrote:Looks like we will be welcoming SJ back to the rotation tonight.  It would be nice if he could take advantage of fresh legs down the stretch.

Reggie has to show me more before I can be convinced, Don.  He looks to me like he should be a volume shooting 6th man type.  I don't see the will to distribute.  How many double digit assist games does he have this season?  You'd think he'd luck into one of those every 2 or 3 weeks.  I think he'd be dynamite off the bench.

Fly this is why I thought Jennings was more of a fit than Reggie. We knew Jennings was capable when push correctly to produce more than a handful of double digit assist a games and I don't think that's too much to ask. I don't think Zeke or Chauncey were double career double digit assist guys but they effectively ran their teams offense and I don't think Reggie is capable like I said I can't ever remember Zeke or Chauncey going 7 for 30 with 4 assist.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Stanley's Back

Post  FlyDog Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:42 pm

Looks like we will be welcoming SJ back to the rotation tonight. It would be nice if he could take advantage of fresh legs down the stretch.

Reggie has to show me more before I can be convinced, Don. He looks to me like he should be a volume shooting 6th man type. I don't see the will to distribute. How many double digit assist games does he have this season? You'd think he'd luck into one of those every 2 or 3 weeks. I think he'd be dynamite off the bench.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:24 pm

FlyDog wrote:I'm starting to become convinced that neither Reggie or KCP are starting quality Guards.  Assist is not a 4 letter word.

Other than their play, nice win on the Road...........Dallas may be slumping but any Road win in the NBA is well earned, except maybe in Philly.  These guys do seem to play hard most of the time.  Seems everybody in the East got better at the same time, it would be a shame to show such drastic improvement and still miss the Playoffs.  Or maybe a blessing if they won the lottery.

I agree that Pope still struggles on both ends of the floor and he appears to only be slightly better than he was last season. But I love to watch player development and keep hoping that Pope's off season workouts will be more structured this summer. He needs to figure out how to get open and develop a consistent go to move that offers a high success rate relating to scoring, He also needs to be able to stop dribble penetration and anticipate what his assigned man is trying to do on offense. Is he doing his individual home work for each game to get his mind ready to stop his man. I think he is working hard but somehow he has too many mental lapses. That could be mostly because he still is so young. He is an amazing athlete but needs to get a lot stronger in his upper body.

Reggie Jackson is another matter. I am seeing a guy who can become a great player. He has shown more than any other Piston player, that his team can count on him in the clutch during crunch time. He is wild at times but that might have a lot to do with the fact that his teammates are not superior players. With the addition of Harris, I think next season, Reggie will not turn the ball over as much and will be a guy who will do the right thing at the right moment. And I want to point out my observations about Reggie Jackson's new commitment to improving his defense. He has such long arms and great quickness which will turn out to be huge relating to steals as he gets stronger and more mentally disciplined on defense. He is now the one guard who is trying to be a help defender off the ball. I see him sprint down in the paint to stop a driver. I see him go down to the baseline to help double and then get his butt back quickly on his assigned man when the ball is passed. Reggie is a gift in my eyes. He is the best point guard we have had in a long time. How many games has he individually won in crunch time this season? The answer is MANY. I saw Billups do this same thing in his first season as a Piston. We now longer have the unpredictable Rodney Stuckey or Will Bynum running the point guard position. Reggie now needs more movement by his teammates and somebody to set a damn screen for him at the right time.

While many posters are worried about our guards I still worry which Andre Drummond will show up for each game. He can be a super star but he hasn't developed the mental mindset yet.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Big Game Tonight

Post  FlyDog Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:55 pm

A win at red-hot Charlotte would be great. Our Guards better be ready to play, at both ends of the floor. C'mon boys, show em' what ya got.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Our Guards Stink

Post  FlyDog Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:51 am

I'm starting to become convinced that neither Reggie or KCP are starting quality Guards. Assist is not a 4 letter word.

Other than their play, nice win on the Road...........Dallas may be slumping but any Road win in the NBA is well earned, except maybe in Philly. These guys do seem to play hard most of the time. Seems everybody in the East got better at the same time, it would be a shame to show such drastic improvement and still miss the Playoffs. Or maybe a blessing if they won the lottery.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Good win. If Andre Drummond could become an average defender, our Pistons could be hard to beat

Post  cool breeze Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:23 am

This was another typical game for the Detroit Pistons. There was the good, bad and ugly and nobody can predict from one moment to the next if our players are connected mentally into playing team orientated defense. Dallas looked really bad and our Pistons played well when it counted.

I was watching Andre Drummond's defensive effort. It appears that he doesn't know what his role really is on defense. How frustrating that must be for the coaching staff that obviously has walked Andre through all possible situations he faces. It is amazing that he sometimes doesn't even react when an opposing driver initially gets by Andre's teammate. There often is not thought that perhaps Drummond should move his feet quickly and block the path to the basket. Last night drivers went right by Andre for layups. Then our gifted center with jump out leaving his man to double when there are already two Piston players doubling. There are so many great things that Andre Drummond does because he is a gifted athlete for his size.

If only Drummond will buy into becoming a superior or above average defender as time moves forward this Piston group has the potential to be a superior defensive team. Reggie Jackson keeps improving on defense. Harris is a fundamentally sound player on defense like Morris. Although Pope allowed too much dribble penetration again in this last game, Most likely he is coachable and can clean up his gambling tendencies. Remember KCP all you have to do is square up and watch your man's stomach and keep your feet moving. Sometimes he does it but you never know when his mind will go blank.

Hats off to Steve Blake because he was the guy who got our Pistons going in the right direction in the 4th quarter. His floor game and staining 2 three pointers and another 2 point shot sent Dallas back on their heals. Jackson also played well during that period of time when Blake was running the team.

It was so sweet to see Charlie V in that Dallas uniform. So much time has passed but how can anyone forget the way he ran the court in those dreadful games when he played for the Pistons? Great win!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:03 pm

BallinD wrote:Reggie Bullock: should be the primary backup to KCP, and steal some of his minutes.  Last 5 games shooting 56% from three, and playing some good D.  Come on Stan.  More minutes.  It will give KCP more incentive to play consistently like a starting caliber SG, while Jodie Meeks works his way into game shape.   Dare SVG to make that call, leave SJ to backup small forward, where he has a better shot to excell on this team.  I like his potential, just like everybody else around here, but he is more suited to SF and needs seasoning.

Steve Blake: is rounding into shape.  He is a career 38.5% from three and he has brought it up to 37.9 this season with a recent outburst of threes, just when the team needed it.  He and Bullock from three replacing Tolliver's output.  Dare him to match his career numbers over the next 19 games.  In his last five games hes shooting 46.7 from three.  Last four, 56%.  

Dre's on an uptick in FT shooting and effort.  It is noticeable.  Dare him to keep it up!

Dare SVG to let this experiment play out when Tolliver and SJ return.  Let them earn their minutes back.  Personally I wouldn't mind icing them until Bullock and to a lesser extent, Blake, cool off.

BallinD your post makes a lot of sense especially the part about reducing Pope's minutes based on how Bullock is playing. Hilliard has gone though a tough shooting slump but looked better in this last game so he can also take some of Pope's minutes. KCP now has some competition so it will be cool to see how he reacts.

I have been thinking a lot about Tolliver's impact on this Piston team. I think the team has played better on both offense and defense without him. The only way Tolliver helps the team is if he is making 3 point shots and he has not been a consistent shooter this season. Tolliver gets pushed around like a ping pong ball on defense. When he gets healthy again, I do not believe Tolliver should be placed back in the rotation. However, anything can happen and he could be a weapon if the team suffers another injury or other players lose their shooting touch. The addition of Harris has solved a lot of problems for this team. And your thoughts on Steve Blake are right on the money. He is getting his game legs now. Go Pistons!

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Truth or Dare

Post  BallinD Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Reggie Bullock: should be the primary backup to KCP, and steal some of his minutes. Last 5 games shooting 56% from three, and playing some good D. Come on Stan. More minutes. It will give KCP more incentive to play consistently like a starting caliber SG, while Jodie Meeks works his way into game shape. Dare SVG to make that call, leave SJ to backup small forward, where he has a better shot to excell on this team. I like his potential, just like everybody else around here, but he is more suited to SF and needs seasoning.

Steve Blake: is rounding into shape. He is a career 38.5% from three and he has brought it up to 37.9 this season with a recent outburst of threes, just when the team needed it. He and Bullock from three replacing Tolliver's output. Dare him to match his career numbers over the next 19 games. In his last five games hes shooting 46.7 from three. Last four, 56%.

Dre's on an uptick in FT shooting and effort. It is noticeable. Dare him to keep it up!

Dare SVG to let this experiment play out when Tolliver and SJ return. Let them earn their minutes back. Personally I wouldn't mind icing them until Bullock and to a lesser extent, Blake, cool off.

BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:09 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:
FlyDog wrote:Reggie goes 3-17 from the field, but let's all pile on KCP.

Super Fly Doggy Dog. Not picking on your boy KCP. Just talking facts. Facts is KCP is Shaky and So..So..

Facts is Reggie Jackson is pushing this team towards the playoffs in only 1 full season in Detroit.

KCP been A starter since his rookie season and he STILL Playing like TRASH 5 out of 10 Games. We not asking for him to be Kobe. We are asking for some type consistency.

The Pistons have put A lot of time into development of this kid and I want to see some steady results.

I'm sick of the good game, bad game, bad game, good game, routine. I Need to see steady work Every NIGHT!!

I agree with you Phil. Pope launched two questionable 3 point attempts in this last game at a time when he couldn't make a layup. That was poor decision making. I don't like it when Reggie does this same thing but Jackson has shown that he is a shot maker and clutch player. There is no bigger sin and a bigger chemistry killer than players who dribble down the court while other teammates are running their asses off and then launch a 3 pointer off balance and miss. If you were open for an easy shot attempt closer to the basket because you did run to the open spot and then not get the ball, you get pissed off big time with your teammate who went off on his own and had missed every other shot attempt previously.

My disappointment with KCP's offensive game, is the fact that he still does not have the mental part of the game down and he hasn't put in the work necessary to create his own shot on the floor where 2 guards usually get opportunities. You look at both Morris and Harris and they have spots that they can get to on the floor and can get off there shot and make it more often than not. Those two guys have worked really hard to make those shots. I can see that Pope has worked on his mid range game but it is clear that he hasn't done enough work to get to the point that he is making the same move, getting the same height on his jump shot, getting his balance by creating a good jump stop and establishing the same repetitive release of the shot. He looks like a rookie as well when he drives to the hoop because he is not thinking ahead relating to his options. On the other hand, we see Reggie enter the lane like a real pro who takes what the defense gives him.

But my main disappointment is with KCP's defense. When he misses shots, he is not the same player on defense. Good pros turn up the defensive effort when their shots are not falling or when they make mental mistakes on offense. Pope gets the tough match ups. He will guard both point guards and 2 guards. I can't fault his overall energy, But he does give up dribble penetration way to much to be considered a top defender in the NBA. I am seeing Reggie Jackson closing the gap relating to his defensive weaknesses. I thought that Pope played defense better in his rookie season then he does from game to game now. He cannot guard bigger and stronger 2 guards. In the match ups against Affalo, I feel sorry for Pope because he doesn't have a chance and in the last two games, the game plan has been for Affalo to attack and score every time he gets the ball against Pope and he did just that in this last match up. It was like watching the Pistons play against Indiana when Augustine played for the Pistons. Augustine was humiliated in every game because of the bigger guards posting close to the basket. Affalo did that to Pope easily and will do it again and again if Stan doesn't change defensive assignments.

It appears that I am down on Pope the way I write such negative things about his play. But I am not down on KCP at all. I just disagree with the amount of minutes the coach has given him. Pope has been given the keys to the starting point guard position without earning it. In previous seasons, the Pistons had such horrible defenders at both guard positions that it was an easy decision to play Pope a lot of minutes. But things have changed. We now have some real NBA players who are going to get a lot better. There are some bench players who look like they might be better players than Pope if they could get equal playing time or at least some of Pope's minutes. SVG is a very smart coach. He has already worked out in his own mind how far he can trust KCP in the future. I just wonder what long term plan he has relating to the 2 guard spot. Perhaps, he is looking for Stanley Johnson to take that starting spot. Johnson must do what Morris and Harris have done in establishing shots on offense that nobody can stop. On the defensive end, I see Johnson as the better defender over Pope long term. There is no way that Johnson would get burned bullied by players like Affalo like we saw Arron do against Pope. the good news is that there is now some competition for spots on this Piston team. Bullock has been drilling 3 point shots and he can also defend well. How exciting this team has become Piston fans. I love it. And maybe Pope will take his game to another level and show everyone he is the real stud after all.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty RE: KCP

Post  Phil-Good Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Super Fly Doggy Dog. Not picking on your boy KCP. Just talking facts. Facts is KCP is Shaky and So..So..

Facts is Reggie Jackson is pushing this team towards the playoffs in only 1 full season in Detroit.

KCP been A starter since his rookie season and he STILL Playing like TRASH 5 out of 10 Games. We not asking for him to be Kobe. We are asking for some type consistency.

The Pistons have put A lot of time into development of this kid and I want to see some steady results.

I'm sick of the good game, bad game, bad game, good game, routine. I Need to see steady work Every NIGHT!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty I Can't Remember When Both Guard Position Played So Poorly

Post  WTF Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:50 am

Fly we probably got the worst back-court tandem/duo/couple/pairing/set in the entire league, hell of all times as far as Pistons back-courts goes.  Go ahead put your Stuckey jersey on for old-time sake.

Not so long ago Chauncey and Rip were consider Top 3 Tandem in the league, and that was in the company of some damn good back-courts at the time. I won't even speak on the other Championship set of guards we had.    

7 of 30 and 4 assist for a PG WOW!!!!!! Some wonder why I don't have any faith in Reggie, well that stats speaks to it.  First I can't every get with a PG shooting 30 times but to do so in such a stank manner and have the nerve t only have 4 assist speaks to a level of retardation that says he'll never be the PG for this team.  

While can 't make minimum excuse for KCP his issue is with his coach so until SVG puts him 10 feet in on his shot selection and demands he attack the rim his game will stink.  

It's real hard to grasp on to these guys because i had the pleasure of seeing for better as a fan.  I see KCP and I wish for Rip, Houston, Stackhouse and Dumars.  I see Reggie and I'm looking for Zeke and CB.  But these clowns make long for players like Bynum, Stuckey, and Hunter.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Meanwhile.......

Post  FlyDog Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:57 am

Reggie goes 3-17 from the field, but let's all pile on KCP.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty You mean we're not F'n contenders yet!

Post  merc Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:15 am

Seriously, this team is on course for a playoff seed soon... what was the record last year?... were they supposed to jump 30 games because we drafted SJ and traded for Morris?
It's comin'... No need for panic... enjoy the improvement.

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:49 am

[quote="cool breeze"]

Cool Breeze. GREAT POST! I AGREE with 100000% of every word you posted.

R.Jackson needs A guy next to him who can help carry the load. I watched the Pistons Vs Knicks game on the Knicks TV Network. They had NY coach with the Mic on himself. They call it "mic up." He said this during timeouts. "we got to stop Reggie. He trying to get it going. Let's help on him."

This is what they said about KCP. "Keep attacking him. Don't let up. Keep going at him." Anybody got League Pass go see for yourself. Don't take my word for it.

K.C.P is the only starter you can't play pick and roll with because he can't handle the basketball very well. His handles are shaky. His jumper is shaky. His 3ball shot is Below shaky. His mid-range game is OK when he not caught between deciding when to shoot A bad 3ball or A WILD DRIVE to the basket.

When KCP put the ball on the floor, he WILD! Out of Control! He still out of control like A ROOKIE! But he top 5 in minutes in the NBA. This makes me question his basketball IQ??? All the most improved player talk around KCP is dead. KCP has been the number 1 underachiever for the Pistons this season. KCP is A good athlete and A hardworking guy. All top notch qualities. You can see the game is still moving too fast for KCP mentally. Kid has some MAJOR Holes to fill in his game. Needs A Lot of WORK!!!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:25 pm

Go Stones! wrote:KCP is not the problem.  You guys are spoiled.  Would you rather have Singler back?  Seriously, he is a two-way player and he just didn't have his shot going.  His defense is far superior to any other player on our team.  Before his injury he was playing at a consistent 15-20 point average with high defense of the top scoring guard for the other team.  He is slowly getting his offense back.  

Jennings - I saw that he is having a hard time adapting to Orlando players.  I get it, but still Harris did a great job adjusting even his first game back!

Monroe - coming off the bench...minutes lowered and stats lower.

Middleton - Bucks were contemplating trading him for Rubio.  Didn't pull the trigger.  I think he will be seen as someone who is overpaid (ie, Joe Johnson) in the future...along with Monroe.  Bucks will pair a couple of these large players with potential and get an all-star like a Melo at some point.  That is how Hammond did it with Detroit around the 1999-2000 season.

Singler - His MPG are cut around 12 min and ALL stats are significantly reduced.  Yes, he is on a playoff team and yes we were really bad when he was our starter.  

Stuckey - LOL!

I think we are doing quite well with all this.

I respectfully disagree relating to your comments about Pope. He is at best a rotation player coming off the bench. This false reputation Pope has somehow obtained about his defensive ability is pure nonsense. He has never been able to guard Affalo and will never be able to guard Affalo. Affalo could easily score 30 to 40 points a game against Pope anything he wants to if he had more of his teammates pass the ball to him when he was open. Meanwhile, Pope has no stable reliable go to jump shot and he is a really poor finisher when he attempts his wild out of control drives to the basket. There is a good reason why Pope has always played on losing basketball teams. Somehow he has been given the keys to the starting 2 guard spot while playing more minutes per game than any other Piston player but seldom being able to hold his own against starting 2 guards. We all pull for KCP. He is young and in good physical condition. He is a good athlete but does not have elite basketball skills on either offense or defense. Stan Van Gundy knows it and he must bring in a superior talent to help Reggie Jackson.

Reggie Jackson had an off game and some will pounce on him like I have done with Pope. But there is no comparison. Reggie has been a great addition to this Piston team. He has won so many games with his offense. His weakness has been his defense. But I for one have seen a huge adjustment over the past month relating to Jackson's demeanor on the defensive end. He is the guard who is working his butt off dropping down to double with help defense. He is playing much harder and is getting his long arms up when he is on the weak side. Reggie needs a stud 2 guard.

The team is better with addition of Morris, Harris and Stanley Johnson this season. Pope has not improved like Stan Van Gundy expected. He still will be a good rotation player with the 2nd unit but even then you can't count on his ability to score consistently. I would start Bullock over Pope based on the recent games played. Pope needs to have his minutes reduced and that might make him a better player. He needs to earn his playing time.

A healthy Meeks is not the answer. He cannot defend and will be eaten up by most 2 guards in the NBA. Signing Meeks was one of SVG's worst decisions. We need a real NBA starting caliber 2 guard.

This game was a real embarrassment to everyone including all Piston fans. We expect more from our players. They were not prepared to play this game for whatever reason. SVG will need to find out WHY quickly. The NY GM is trying to lose as many games as possible for the rest of the season. And our Pistons laid a rotten egg. Comr back strong against Portland please.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty KCP...and Past Pistons

Post  Go Stones! Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:34 pm

KCP is not the problem. You guys are spoiled. Would you rather have Singler back? Seriously, he is a two-way player and he just didn't have his shot going. His defense is far superior to any other player on our team. Before his injury he was playing at a consistent 15-20 point average with high defense of the top scoring guard for the other team. He is slowly getting his offense back.

Jennings - I saw that he is having a hard time adapting to Orlando players. I get it, but still Harris did a great job adjusting even his first game back!

Monroe - coming off the bench...minutes lowered and stats lower.

Middleton - Bucks were contemplating trading him for Rubio. Didn't pull the trigger. I think he will be seen as someone who is overpaid (ie, Joe Johnson) in the future...along with Monroe. Bucks will pair a couple of these large players with potential and get an all-star like a Melo at some point. That is how Hammond did it with Detroit around the 1999-2000 season.

Singler - His MPG are cut around 12 min and ALL stats are significantly reduced. Yes, he is on a playoff team and yes we were really bad when he was our starter.

Stuckey - LOL!

I think we are doing quite well with all this.
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 17 Empty Have to

Post  BallinD Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:41 am

Blame SVG for not yanking KCP when he doesnt have it.

Try a combo of Bullock/Hilliard when KCP stinks it up.

Take the ball to the hole when the shot is not falling.

Take a look at Marcus Thornton or Kevin Martin off the Waiver Wire, we aren't so good that we have a margin of error. We need more shooting!!!
BallinD
BallinD

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next