Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+8
deusXango
Sebastian
WTF
Oracle
Sparma
Phil-Good
Fennis Dembo
cool breeze
12 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Of Course It Was Out Of Respect For Oracle

Post  WTF Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:43 pm

deusXango wrote:
Oracle wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:"Drummond is showing his leadership by setting the stage for Monroe and Smith to start and he lead the bench."

Can you please find these comments by Drmmonds and post them so everybody can see them. Good LUCK.... lol lol 

I will not ask the second best re-bounder in the National Basketball Association at the age of 19 years old to come off the bench.

What I will ask Drummonds to do is get in great shape and get ready to defend the Kevin Love,  stretch 4 type of guys. Drummonds is as gifited as they come. He can do it and be good at it.

But coming off the bench.... lol lol lol 

NA, I would not fix my mouth to ask my best player to do that when the team needs his energy and shot-blocking to start games and set the tone.

I'd like to see that quote, it's the craziest thing I ever heard of!

Let's have the franchise player come off the bench... RIGHT!!!

He said what he can envision, after quietly questioning last year's alignment in which he started alongside both Monroe and Smith, is the big-three rotation at two positions favored by new president of basketball operations and head coach Stan Van Gundy.

With the trio playing almost exclusively at center and power forward, that leaves only the question of who comes off the bench.

"That's something that's going to have to be discussed between Greg and Josh and myself, with Stan, to figure out who's going to be that guy not starting the game," Drummond said. "I feel like it's not going to be a problem or an issue. It just comes down to who is going to do it."

Drummond said as long as the trio confine their minutes to two spots, with little or no time at small forward for Smith, they can coexist.

"Stan knows what he's doing," Drummond said. "He knows our personnel, I'll put it like that. He knows what each guy can do, what they have to offer, and he knows that Josh is better off at the four. He knows that. It comes down to who's going to start the game. And it doesn't really matter who starts and ends, it matters who wins the game."

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2014/07/andre_drummond_appeals_to_detr.html

Not really a definitive statement but implied that he would be willing to come off bench to make the trio work.-WiseFan

Wise, why would you dignify the nonsense of P-Boy? Was it out of respect for Oracle throwing his 2 cents worth in? I realized that Oracle had an unexplained issue when he piped in and this statement bears that out. Yes out of respect for Oracle otherwise I wouldn't bother posting the link

If the pace is slower, Josh & Monroe starting with Dre coming off the bench!-Oracle

I think that in your heart of hearts you realize that Drummond can lead and learn coming off the bench, if necessary, and it has nothing to do with him not being the franchise player for doing so....this wouldn't be a forever thing, just a stop-gap measure until the team formed that'll challenge for a championship. A true leader knows how to humble himself for the betterment of the team and that's something we haven't seen in a Pistons uniform.

DX, you know I don't give a hoot about the cheerleader aka Sour Pee Boy he hasn't been right about nothing ever concerning a player. Yes Andre made an adult gesture one I wish he made last season to come off the bench it might have save Cheeks job. But I am wondering about just how quiet Andre was about the three not working together in the starting unit.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Andre is a real team leader P-Boy and Oracle

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:32 pm

Oracle wrote:
Phil1980boy wrote:"Drummond is showing his leadership by setting the stage for Monroe and Smith to start and he lead the bench."

Can you please find these comments by Drmmonds and post them so everybody can see them. Good LUCK.... lol lol 

I will not ask the second best re-bounder in the National Basketball Association at the age of 19 years old to come off the bench.

What I will ask Drummonds to do is get in great shape and get ready to defend the Kevin Love,  stretch 4 type of guys. Drummonds is as gifited as they come. He can do it and be good at it.

NA, I would not fix my mouth to ask my best player to do that when the team needs his energy and shot-blocking to start games and set the tone.

He said what he can envision, after quietly questioning last year's alignment in which he started alongside both Monroe and Smith, is the big-three rotation at two positions favored by new president of basketball operations and head coach Stan Van Gundy.

With the trio playing almost exclusively at center and power forward, that leaves only the question of who comes off the bench.

"That's something that's going to have to be discussed between Greg and Josh and myself, with Stan, to figure out who's going to be that guy not starting the game," Drummond said. "I feel like it's not going to be a problem or an issue. It just comes down to who is going to do it."

Drummond said as long as the trio confine their minutes to two spots, with little or no time at small forward for Smith, they can coexist.

"Stan knows what he's doing," Drummond said. "He knows our personnel, I'll put it like that. He knows what each guy can do, what they have to offer, and he knows that Josh is better off at the four. He knows that. It comes down to who's going to start the game. And it doesn't really matter who starts and ends, it matters who wins the game."

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/2014/07/andre_drummond_appeals_to_detr.html

Not really a definitive statement but implied that he would be willing to come off bench to make the trio work.-WiseFan

Wise, why would you dignify the nonsense of P-Boy? Was it out of respect for Oracle throwing his 2 cents worth in? I realized that Oracle had an unexplained issue when he piped in and this statement bears that out.

If the pace is slower, Josh & Monroe starting with Dre coming off the bench!-Oracle

I think that in your heart of hearts you realize that Drummond can lead and learn coming off the bench, if necessary, and it has nothing to do with him not being the franchise player for doing so....this wouldn't be a forever thing, just a stop-gap measure until the team formed that'll challenge for a championship. A true leader knows how to humble himself for the betterment of the team and that's something we haven't seen in a Pistons uniform.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Oracle I'm Cool If We Kept Both Josh & Moose

Post  WTF Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:29 pm

Oracle wrote:IMO, if we can get the rotation of the bigs sorted out, I also think it's WAY too premature to move either Josh or Monroe!

That's a rotation any coach should be foaming at the mouth to have! Here's what you can do!

If you face athletic teams, No bigs in the league should be able to matchup against Josh & Dre, our most athletic lineup, with Monroe coming off the bench!

If the pace is slower, Josh & Monroe starting with Dre coming off the bench!

We didn't have a coach strong enough to stand up to Joe or the players and make this happen, but the combination of it failing so spectacularly and SVG as both coach & GM has paved the way!

The bigger issue is guard play! Can Jennings give up trying to be a scorer and become primarily a distributor, or do we move him?

I don't know, if Jennings buys in and the bigs work out a rotation, and SVG gets us one more shooter, hopefully a starting SF(Deng?), I like our chances!

Especially after seeing KCP & Siva opening up some major cans in summer league today... I was impressed!

What impressed me was,

1. The change in KCP's game: That he made it was important because it's signaling to SVG how best to use him, and without the big 3, he'll have more space to get to the rack!

2. Siva probably impressed me the most: Zeke nailed it, the kid has great court vision, knows how to hit players in the right spot to allow them to finish a play, and knows when to get his own offense after he's lulled them to sleep distributing!

If we don't keep Siva, I'll be very disappointed.

I initially though I would be paying very little attention to the summer league games consider Dinwiddie wouldn't play and we didn't have a 1st rounder playing.  Surprisingly this Liggins kid amd Watford kid have caught my attention so I'm curious now and will pay very close attention to this two the rest of the way.

I'm definitely paying attention to both Siva and KCP.  I always knew KCP could score and that they spent an entire season misusing him and I'm not surprise with Siva because fundamentally he's sound enough to run an offense which is what he did with the Cardinals for 4 seasons.  He played like a rookie because he was a rookie but I think if given opportunity and PT he'll be a hell of a lot better this season if we move Bynum out of his way.

Man it would be nice if we can get Deng but he wants no less than 10 million annually maybe a sign and trade could be done if Cleveland wanted to help us or we could dump the salaries of both Bynum and JJ with our remaining cap space and those 2 contracts of the book we might be able to.  Bynum may be a good sale to New York, Miami and LA.   I say we offer Deng 30 million for 3 seasons but first find a way to dump JJ and Bynum.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Nice to get Zeke's approval...

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:17 pm

FORUM - Page 11 Klanglois_100_normal     Keith_Langlois

Pretty nice workout partner @SDinwiddie_25 had this morning: @iamisiahthomas Isiah says the kid can handle the ball. Good enough for me.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:02 pm

IMO, if we can get the rotation of the bigs sorted out, I also think it's WAY too premature to move either Josh or Monroe!

That's a rotation any coach should be foaming at the mouth to have! Here's what you can do!

If you face athletic teams, No bigs in the league should be able to matchup against Josh & Dre, our most athletic lineup, with Monroe coming off the bench!

If the pace is slower, Josh & Monroe starting with Dre coming off the bench!

We didn't have a coach strong enough to stand up to Joe or the players and make this happen, but the combination of it failing so spectacularly and SVG as both coach & GM has paved the way!

The bigger issue is guard play! Can Jennings give up trying to be a scorer and become primarily a distributor, or do we move him?

I don't know, if Jennings buys in and the bigs work out a rotation, and SVG gets us one more shooter, hopefully a starting SF(Deng?), I like our chances!

Especially after seeing KCP & Siva opening up some major cans in summer league today... I was impressed!

What impressed me was,

1. The change in KCP's game: That he made it was important because it's signaling to SVG how best to use him, and without the big 3, he'll have more space to get to the rack!

2. Siva probably impressed me the most: Zeke nailed it, the kid has great court vision, knows how to hit players in the right spot to allow them to finish a play, and knows when to get his own offense after he's lulled them to sleep distributing!

If we don't keep Siva, I'll be very disappointed.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Andre Wants To Be Team Leader

Post  WTF Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:12 pm

Oracle wrote:

I was okay with his half time remarks I know I just recently today read in an article he's working on his FT's as well. I guess we just have to assume he's working defensively as well to improve. But it did add some insight to how SVG wants to use him, it certainly doesn't sound like SVG has any intention of bringing him off the bench that's for sure.

Bigger surprise is knowing that Moose was in Orlando as well meeting with his agent and SVG. Andre is trying to sell him on staying and think Josh shouldn't be traded because he wants the trio back next season.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Here You Go Oracle and Sour Pee Boy

Post  WTF Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Not really a definitive statement but implied that he would be willing to come off bench to make the trio work.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Don

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:17 pm

I too wished Drummond had said, even one word about working on the defensive end!

Yeah I was glad to hear he was working on his back to the basket stuff, and a young big does take time to develop, but PLEASE, this is the Detroit Pistons, we live defense, and we're going nowhere if we can't protect the rim!

BTW, I was really impressed with Nick Johnson, I'd never seen him play, and that kid is going to be a good one! That's the beauty of the summer leagues, getting to see kids on the rise.

Who is this Liggins(sp) kid, he's all defense and had some good stops & one sweet block!

Side Note: Was anyone as shocked as I was seeing Brian Cook playing for the Pistons? Damn, didn't he come into the league with Josh???
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Wise

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:05 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Oracle wrote:Surprisingly, Zeke agrees with you and me, KCP is a scorer, not a spot up 3 point shooter

Oracle I'm sure Zeke isn't the only that agrees with us, but I what I enjoy hearing the most is that KCP agrees with us.  When Zeke asked him about the changes to his game as to if he was instructed by the coaching staff to alter it he said no that he decided for himself.  KCP knows how h should best be used as a player, when he was in Orlando jacking up 3's last summer it was like he was forcing himself to be someone he wasn't. - I hope SVG is taking notes!

Wow! All I can say about Siva is that it will be damn shame if he's not on the roster playing ahead of Bynum.  Zeke is right about Siva he has all the tools of a PG other than the ability to finish at the rim where Bynum has an advantage but overall I think Siva is far better.  This is why I like 4 years players oppose to Hyped Up Freshmen coming into the league. - Siva was most impressive down the stretch when he basically sealed the win all by himself! I like Bynum, but Siva is more of what we need

Mitchell likely will be headed to the D-League IMO - He doesn't look good to me. Kind of like he's looking for a position to play, but he's not really fitting any position! Big Nasty was like that, but at least he could score down low like nobody else!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty I agree!!

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:00 pm

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Sebastian wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Pistons Pals: Did you'll hear how Zeke spoke up for Joe? How he worked out with Dinwiddie (although I believe Zeke would have drafted Nick Johnson)? What about the comments about T. Mitch and his familiarity with T. Mitch and how T. Mitch would be best utilized as a three, as opposed to a stretch 4 or a back to the basket PF? Sounds like if Zeke had anything to do with it T. Mitch would be a SF for OUR Pistons. Zeke also had some interesting comments about KCP.

Damn. I wished Zeke would had gotten the jobs that SVG were gifted.

Sebastian I heard Zeke comments on Mitchell but there something about Mitchell I'm not feeling just right on.  Looking at him you would think he needs to be playing SF but SVG early comments about Mitchell concerns me.  

Zeke didn't really speak up for Joe he just said that he would have pick Siva with the 54 pick as well, he said Pope wasn't a bad pick up but he didn't say he would have passed on Burke and MCW.   Speaking of those 2 are both not in Orlando, not sure if Burke played earlier but I know MCW didn't with Philly and I didn't see him on the sideline.  

Yo, Wise, you must have missed when Zeke said that he must stick-up for his backcourt mate, Joe Dumars ... that he may some good draft picks, in recent years, and that he (Joe) has won rings as a player and executive ... more than any others that are in the gym (the Orlando Magic training facility) at this time.

Call me crazy, but I took it as a direct zing towards SVG. And, if Zeke would had gotten the jobs, like I wished Gores would have done, he (Zeke) would have drafted Nick Johnson instead of an injured Dinwiddie.

Again, call me crazy, but a starting backcourt of Nick Johnson and KCP, coached and GMed by Zeke would have been a promising future for OUR Pistons, as opposed to where WE currently are headed. (Hopefully, SVG can straighten this sh!t out, but please oh please, don't trade for this generation's Isaiah Thomas. He's just too damn small!
Sebastian you are right about the idea of playing KCP and Nick Johnson together. There is no question in my mind that if Nick Johnson were in a Piston uniform, he would be our starting point guard. Fans might not know that Nick did log a lot of minutes at point guard last year and always had the ball in his hands at the end of games. Johnson and KCP would form a outstanding backcourt and would change the entire culture for the Pistons relating to attitude towards playing defense. KCP is a very good defender and in my opinion could become an effective point guard as well. As Zeke said in the current NBA set up, the most effective offense should feature both guards as playmakers. What could make Johnson really special is his ability to play pick and roll. He has all the mid range shots and finishes at the rim well. KCP is showing that he has a good mid range game now. There is no way that Kevin McHale is going to not keep Nick Johnson. His best friend was Nick's uncle and Kevin has been following Nick since he was a small kid. The rest of the NBA was sleeping in this draft relating to the value of a Nick Johnson.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:46 pm

WISEFAN wrote:Sebastian, Zeke backed the decision to hire SVG so I doubt the SVG hating thing.  If I not mistaken Zeke has minority ownership with the Pistons and made comments on First Take right after SVG was hired and advise he advised Gores on the hiring of SVG.  Saying Joe made some good draft pick is something any of us could say doesn't mean we back him.  Zeke basically was saying that not everything Joe did was stupid, now if he said Joe didn't deserve firing then that's another story.  
Well said WIsefan. Zeke is a loyal friend and had a chance to say something nice about his old buddy that everything Joe did in his last few years was not a mistake. 

I love listening to Zeke's take on things. He has such a pleasing voice and still has that great smile and fantastic sense of humor. Imagine if you had a chance to play on Zeke's teams at any level. He just has the right stuff. He provides the details or tricks of the trade that only the real smart guards know when things are happening on the floor. I love how he identified that Nick Johnson is a leader, superior athlete and outstanding defender. Zeke pointed out the fact that Nick Johnson defended Siva but switched over to KCP in the last quarter to guard the Pistons best player. That is what Nick did in every game last season defending point guards, 2 guards and small forwards. It was insane that Johnson was not drafted in the first round. Zeke also identified that Tony Mitchell doesn't think of himself as a back to the basket type of player that the previous coaching staff had him plugged into. But can Tony play on the perimeter? You have to put in the work and that has always been Tony's problem in the past with his work ethic in college and his workouts last season when he wasn't getting playing time. I suspect he will be gone if he doesn't pull off some fantastic games in the Summer league. I feel of all of these players who are fighting it out for jobs. 

Siva played like a winning point guard in the 4th scoring 6 points in a row in crunch time. I am pulling for this guy and hope like hell that he replaces Bynum as back up point guard. Hell, I would start him if both Jennings and Bynum are still around at the start of the season. The Pistons played their best basketball in the last two weeks of last season and especially in their last game against the Thunder. It was Siva who was playing most of the minutes at point guard during that time period. 

It was good to see that Drummond is in Orlando supporting the team. He likes Siva so I hope that means something to the coaching staff. I was hoping that in Drummond's half time interview that he would have said something about his free throw shooting and how he is working on his footwork on the defensive end.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Sebastian Zeke Helped SVG Get Hired

Post  WTF Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:07 pm

Sebastian, Zeke backed the decision to hire SVG so I doubt the SVG hating thing. If I not mistaken Zeke has minority ownership with the Pistons and made comments on First Take right after SVG was hired and advise he advised Gores on the hiring of SVG. Saying Joe made some good draft pick is something any of us could say doesn't mean we back him. Zeke basically was saying that not everything Joe did was stupid, now if he said Joe didn't deserve firing then that's another story.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Zeke's comments ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:58 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Pistons Pals: Did you'll hear how Zeke spoke up for Joe? How he worked out with Dinwiddie (although I believe Zeke would have drafted Nick Johnson)? What about the comments about T. Mitch and his familiarity with T. Mitch and how T. Mitch would be best utilized as a three, as opposed to a stretch 4 or a back to the basket PF? Sounds like if Zeke had anything to do with it T. Mitch would be a SF for OUR Pistons. Zeke also had some interesting comments about KCP.

Sebastian I heard Zeke comments on Mitchell but there something about Mitchell I'm not feeling just right on.  Looking at him you would think he needs to be playing SF but SVG early comments about Mitchell concerns me.  

Zeke didn't really speak up for Joe he just said that he would have pick Siva with the 54 pick as well, he said Pope wasn't a bad pick up but he didn't say he would have passed on Burke and MCW.   Speaking of those 2 are both not in Orlando, not sure if Burke played earlier but I know MCW didn't with Philly and I didn't see him on the sideline.  

Yo, Wise, you must have missed when Zeke said that he must stick-up for his backcourt mate, Joe Dumars ... that he may some good draft picks, in recent years, and that he (Joe) has won rings as a player and executive ... more than any others that are in the gym (the Orlando Magic training facility) at this time.

Call me crazy, but I took it as a direct zing towards SVG. And, if Zeke would had gotten the jobs, like I wished Gores would have done, he (Zeke) would have drafted Nick Johnson instead of an injured Dinwiddie.

Again, call me crazy, but a starting backcourt of Nick Johnson and KCP, coached and GMed by Zeke would have been a promising future for OUR Pistons, as opposed to where WE currently are headed. (Hopefully, SVG can straighten this sh!t out, but please oh please, don't trade for this generation's Isaiah Thomas. He's just too damn small!
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Sebastian

Post  WTF Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:49 pm

Sebastian I heard Zeke comments on Mitchell but there something about Mitchell I'm not feeling just right on. Looking at him you would think he needs to be playing SF but SVG early comments about Mitchell concerns me.

Zeke didn't really speak up for Joe he just said that he would have pick Siva with the 54 pick as well, he said Pope wasn't a bad pick up but he didn't say he would have passed on Burke and MCW. Speaking of those 2 are both not in Orlando, not sure if Burke played earlier but I know MCW didn't with Philly and I didn't see him on the sideline.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty RE: Wise: KCP

Post  WTF Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:39 pm

Oracle wrote:Surprisingly, Zeke agrees with you and me, KCP is a scorer, not a spot up 3 point shooter

Oracle I'm sure Zeke isn't the only that agrees with us, but I what I enjoy hearing the most is that KCP agrees with us. When Zeke asked him about the changes to his game as to if he was instructed by the coaching staff to alter it he said no that he decided for himself. KCP knows how h should best be used as a player, when he was in Orlando jacking up 3's last summer it was like he was forcing himself to be someone he wasn't.

Wow! All I can say about Siva is that it will be damn shame if he's not on the roster playing ahead of Bynum. Zeke is right about Siva he has all the tools of a PG other than the ability to finish at the rim where Bynum has an advantage but overall I think Siva is far better. This is why I like 4 years players oppose to Hyped Up Freshmen coming into the league.

Mitchell likely will be headed to the D-League IMO
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty RE

Post  Phil-Good Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:19 pm

"Drummond is showing his leadership by setting the stage for Monroe and Smith to start and he lead the bench."

What I will ask Drummonds to do is get in great shape and get ready to defend the Kevin Love, stretch 4 type of guys. Drummonds is as gifited as they come. He can do it and be good at it.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty It was the KCP/Siva show!

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Congrats to the Pistons for the win, but KCP & Siva were great in this one!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Wise: KCP

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Surprisingly, Zeke agrees with you and me, KCP is a scorer, not a spot up 3 point shooter
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Summer league: Two heads are better than one?

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:14 pm

I saw the two Van Gundy boys putting their heads together in a great family picture.

Everybody knows that two heads are better than one!

Unfortunately, when the Van Gundy boys put their heads together, it only counts for one and a half!

Everybody knows that Jeff is a half wit  lol
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Oracle's watching/listening, too ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Oracle wrote:
Sebastian wrote:Pistons Pals: Did you'll hear how Zeke spoke up for Joe? How he worked out with Dinwiddie? What about the comments about T. Mitch and his familiarity with T. Mitch and how T. Mitch would be best utilized as a three, as opposed to a stretch 4 or a back to the basket PF? Sounds like if Zeke had anything to do with it T. Mitch would be a SF for OUR Pistons. Zeke also had some interesting comments about KCP.

True, Zeke also had some great comments about Siva as well

Oracle, you're right Zeke has spoken fondly of Siva, as well.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Josh

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Josh gets a bad rap?

Seriously, Josh has EARNED the bad rap, every inch of it, so nobody should be complaining.

It's time for Josh to give people some reasons to praise him, and even when the situation is bad, he doesn't have to be... unless he's truly dumb!

I know words can hurt, that's why Josh did this commercial  lol 

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Oracle Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:56 pm

Sebastian wrote:Pistons Pals: Did you'll hear how Zeke spoke up for Joe? How he worked out with Dinwiddie? What about the comments about T. Mitch and his familiarity with T. Mitch and how T. Mitch would be best utilized as a three, as opposed to a stretch 4 or a back to the basket PF? Sounds like if Zeke had anything to do with it T. Mitch would be a SF for OUR Pistons. Zeke also had some interesting comments about KCP.

True, Zeke also had some great comments about Siva as well
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty Zeke commentating Pistons game ...

Post  Sebastian Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Pistons Pals: Did you'll hear how Zeke spoke up for Joe? How he worked out with Dinwiddie (although I believe Zeke would have drafted Nick Johnson)? What about the comments about T. Mitch and his familiarity with T. Mitch and how T. Mitch would be best utilized as a three, as opposed to a stretch 4 or a back to the basket PF? Sounds like if Zeke had anything to do with it T. Mitch would be a SF for OUR Pistons. Zeke also had some interesting comments about KCP.

Last edited by Sebastian on Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 11 Empty I'm eager too

Post  deusXango Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:27 pm

Wise, there's no need for you to be confused; Joe f#cked things up to the point that it's going to take more than a year to correct and bringing in a top tier SF may take more than a year but, it doesn't mean we can't raise hell in the meantime. We've got two exceptional interior passers in Smith and Monroe, and next year I fully expect Dinwiddie to be strutting his stuff....for one year I'd take a flyer on Steve Nash for Jennings and Bynum. The plan we need to be working on is to get in position to take a shot at Ben Simmons (who'd answer our SF problems) next year.

Assholes have been nationally slandering Smith ever since Detroit signed him (believe it or not Detroit is hated nationally still...Bad Boys) but, it's the locals that I have a problem with....how can you turn on your own in one year??!! One year of playing out of position, doing something he wasn't qualified to do (shoot 3's), is not tantamount to "corn holing" the pope; he was just the victim of a misguided system.

The rift between Smith and Monroe is easy to understand, for me at least; Smith criticized Moose's soft play at PF and offered him some pointers on how to play the position (Moose took exception) but, there wasn't sh!t Moose could tell Josh about playing SF...there wasn't anyone on the team who could either. IMHO Jennings got in the way of both Moose's and J-Smoove game with his dumbass play...the scoring and facilitation of the offense should have come from the inside/out.

I want to see a better SF starting than Singler also but, they're either untouchable, damaged goods, or too old. The good news is, we raised plenty of hell with Tayshaun and he wasn't all that, just smart enough to play "D" and get the hell out of the way. Maybe we can get that from Singler/Datome/Martin until someone comes along better.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next