Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+10
merc
Sissy1946
FlyDog
Phil-Good
WTF
Sebastian
cool breeze
lemonpen
Go Stones!
deusXango
14 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty @Cool

Post  WTF Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:17 pm

cool breeze wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:You all know I'm always screaming about rotations and how many players are rotated into any given position at any time.  In all honesty at this moment I would much rather see CB-PG and Stuckey SG starting at the guard positions. Until proven other-wise Knight is likely the 5th best guard on this team and I think I'm being generous on that note.  

As much as many of you disagree with me and Sebastian on this IMO Stuckey is far better than both Knight, Bynum and both rookies Siva and Pope.  As far as the CB starting I don't expect starter minutes out of him, but starting him makes more sense than bringing him off the bench so don't be surprise if it happens.  I strongly believe in using only a 3 guard rotation and I don't think Cheeks will go beyond consistently using 10 players in any given game.  Knight and Pope will likely fight it all for PT if Stuckey isn't traded. I see Stuckey alternating between both the PG and SG positions depending on who's he on the floor with SG if he's on the floor with CB and PG if he's on the floor with Pope.

Why not open up a competition in training camp & preseason.  If a young guy outplays a vet or meshes better with a particular unit, then play um there.  At the very least shouldn't we wait and see who's been doing their homework over the summer.  I agree that protecting CB's health with limited PT is prudent.

I agree opening up the competition in training camp & preseason makes sense before deciding what happens. "However" we can't dismiss that previous season is also being used as a factor to determine who's remains on the roster. Let's not dismiss all the rumors of trade even if Joe chooses to do so and his lack of confidence in Knight looms large.  

IMHO Knight falls short to the leadership stability Chauncey will bring to the team barring his health. Knight falls short in his ability last season to be an more effective combo guard than Stuckey in spite of Stuckey's dismal season.  Knight also wasn't as effective as Bynum or Calderon manning the point.   In any case the number game comes into play and the all the addition and re-signing of Bynum spells only doom for either Stuckey or Knight. Joe is assessing the trade value of both and it's not far-fetch that both could be package in a deal for either Rondo or Jennings.  If I had to guess one or both maybe gone before training camp starts.  

If your idea of a quality point guard is someone who can't defend a fly and on offense dribbles the ball from free throw line to free throw line allowing the shot clock to get down to 6 seconds before he makes that move to the basket then go for it but that is not real basketball played by any respectable team in the NBA. Since when has Bynum ever been able to set up an offense? Is Bynum a threat from the outside? NO! Can a defense stop the pick and roll play when Bynum tries to drive and dish? YES! If what you have stated is true and the team is formed on the basis of your statements, then I suspect that NBADRAFT.NET has it right when they listed the Pistons as getting a top 5 draft pick next summer. What many of you are forgetting is that Brandon Knight was a 19-20 year old kid coming into the league trying to play point guard on a bad team. He is now a top guard defender. He is a good outside shooter and a really smart person with a high IQ. He is exceptionally quick and is the fastest player on the team. Can he be a more effective point guard if he plays with Smith on the floor instead of Maxiell? YES! Knight should have a great season this year. It would be so stupid to trade him for anyone right now. I know what Bynum and Stuckey can do and am not confident at all that they can compete with any of the other guards on opposing teams. I have to hope that Joe Dumars is not an idiot and has signed Bynum to trade him in a package for another key player. If not and Bynum is a big player on this team, then Detroit will not make the playoffs.

I hear you cool on Bynum but neither was Knight able to accomplish the very things you're saying about Bynum. Calderon wasn't brought in because Bynum couldn't run the offense it was Knight's inability that prompted Joe to make trade and it was also Knight's inability last season that forced Joe into resigning Bynum, acquiring Chauncey and drafting Siva and Pope.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  cool breeze Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:59 pm

WISEFAN wrote:
lemonpen wrote:
WISEFAN wrote:You all know I'm always screaming about rotations and how many players are rotated into any given position at any time.  In all honesty at this moment I would much rather see CB-PG and Stuckey SG starting at the guard positions. Until proven other-wise Knight is likely the 5th best guard on this team and I think I'm being generous on that note.  

As much as many of you disagree with me and Sebastian on this IMO Stuckey is far better than both Knight, Bynum and both rookies Siva and Pope.  As far as the CB starting I don't expect starter minutes out of him, but starting him makes more sense than bringing him off the bench so don't be surprise if it happens.  I strongly believe in using only a 3 guard rotation and I don't think Cheeks will go beyond consistently using 10 players in any given game.  Knight and Pope will likely fight it all for PT if Stuckey isn't traded. I see Stuckey alternating between both the PG and SG positions depending on who's he on the floor with SG if he's on the floor with CB and PG if he's on the floor with Pope.

Why not open up a competition in training camp & preseason.  If a young guy outplays a vet or meshes better with a particular unit, then play um there.  At the very least shouldn't we wait and see who's been doing their homework over the summer.  I agree that protecting CB's health with limited PT is prudent.

I agree opening up the competition in training camp & preseason makes sense before deciding what happens. "However" we can't dismiss that previous season is also being used as a factor to determine who's remains on the roster. Let's not dismiss all the rumors of trade even if Joe chooses to do so and his lack of confidence in Knight looms large.  

IMHO Knight falls short to the leadership stability Chauncey will bring to the team barring his health. Knight falls short in his ability last season to be an more effective combo guard than Stuckey in spite of Stuckey's dismal season.  Knight also wasn't as effective as Bynum or Calderon manning the point.   In any case the number game comes into play and the all the addition and re-signing of Bynum spells only doom for either Stuckey or Knight. Joe is assessing the trade value of both and it's not far-fetch that both could be package in a deal for either Rondo or Jennings.  If I had to guess one or both maybe gone before training camp starts.  

If your idea of a quality point guard is someone who can't defend a fly and on offense dribbles the ball from free throw line to free throw line allowing the shot clock to get down to 6 seconds before he makes that move to the basket then go for it but that is not real basketball played by any respectable team in the NBA. Since when has Bynum ever been able to set up an offense? Is Bynum a threat from the outside? NO! Can a defense stop the pick and roll play when Bynum tries to drive and dish? YES! If what you have stated is true and the team is formed on the basis of your statements, then I suspect that NBADRAFT.NET has it right when they listed the Pistons as getting a top 5 draft pick next summer. What many of you are forgetting is that Brandon Knight was a 19-20 year old kid coming into the league trying to play point guard on a bad team. He is now a top guard defender. He is a good outside shooter and a really smart person with a high IQ. He is exceptionally quick and is the fastest player on the team. Can he be a more effective point guard if he plays with Smith on the floor instead of Maxiell? YES! Knight should have a great season this year. It would be so stupid to trade him for anyone right now. I know what Bynum and Stuckey can do and am not confident at all that they can compete with any of the other guards on opposing teams. I have to hope that Joe Dumars is not an idiot and has signed Bynum to trade him in a package for another key player. If not and Bynum is a big player on this team, then Detroit will not make the playoffs.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Suddenly posters believe that Stuckey is better than the other guards who played ahead of him last season. WHY!!

Post  cool breeze Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:37 pm

Everything seems to be driven by hype these days. Nobody cares about the facts. Why in hell would anyone say that Stuckey should be the starting 2 guard or maybe he is the best point guard on the team too. People can say anything they want because we live in America and I am cool with that. And everyone seems to have a different opinion when it comes to what they see in games as a spectator. However some posters have gone too far when they say that Stuckey is better than say Brandon Knight or any of the other guards on the current Piston team. What has happened that I don't know about that has made Stuckey the better choice to be on the court? Two coaching staffs decided that Stuckey was not good enough. I watched all the Piston games over the past two seasons and have to agree with those head coaches and assistant coaches. This is why at times Stuckey was benched and was either out of the rotation or coming off the bench with limited minutes and did not earn a starting job. HE LACKED INTEREST IN HIS TEAMMATES AND WHAT THEY WERE TRYING TO DO. HE MADE POOR DECISIONS IN CRUNCH TIME. HE LOOKED OUT OF SHAPE. HE HAD MENTAL LAPSES ON DEFENSE IN KEY SITUATIONS. HE COULD NOT SHOOT WELL FROM DISTANCE AND HAD NO CONFIDENCE IN HIS OUTSIDE SHOOTING. HE WAS NOT INTERESTED IN PROVIDING ANY LEADERSHIP FOR THE TEAM. This last one is interesting being that Cheeks has been said to have told Rodney that he needs to bring some leadership to the team. Why in hell would Cheeks think that Stuckey would suddenly turn into a different person? Stuckey is in the last year of his contract. He will give a better effort this year because he wants another contract. I hate those kind of players and cannot understand why any fan would be dreaming of a player like Stuckey becoming a starter this next season. Why do you love this guy? Do you like punishment? Did your father beat you as a child? God I am sick of this Stuckey tough love stuff. He needs to go. He has never changed from day one. By the way, do any of you know who the best on the ball guard defender was on this Piston team last season? He was the same guy who came every night with a lot of effort on both ends. He played with Jason Maxiell and I bet that Rondo would look like a fool if Maxiell were starting at power forward on Rondo's team as well. But Stuckey was AWOL all last season. And remember that Stuckey was the guy who said that he was going to take Brandon under his wing last summer and help him improve his game. Well, Knight worked his ass off in the off season even playing in the summer league games with the rookies. He wanted to become a good defender and he became a good defender. Meanwhile, Stuckey was watching birds mate in his back yard while eating ice cream and playing video games. That is how much Stuckey cared about the game of basketball. It is amazing that for some of you, Stuckey will always be this outstanding player on paper. It doesn't matter what he has done on the court at all. But both Knight and Singler beat out Stuckey last season. And you all believe there was some kind of conspiracy against Stuckey. It just wasn't fair. You Stuckey fans were upset all last season but I don't recall ever seeing that Stuckey was upset with his playing time. He seemed happy to be sitting on the bench. This is how I rank the current guards.
Point guards:
1. Billups - can play the 2
2. Knight - can play the 2
3. Siva - pure point guard
4. Stuckey - can play the 2
5. Bynum - is really a extra short 2 guard

Shooting guards:
1. Knight
2. Singler - can play 3 and is in this spot until someone shows they can beat him out
3. Middleton
4. Pope
5. Bynum
6. The Italian rookie

Who should be traded out of this group? Stuckey and Bynum have to be listed here but nobody wants them.
6. The Italian rookie

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty OUR current guards and training camp ....

Post  Sebastian Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:04 pm

As Wise and Lemon have eluded to, if OUR Pistons go to Training Camp with the current roster of PGs, it is going to be a bunch of decisions that will have to be made as to starting lineups and rotations.

If Chauncey indeed is the starter at the PG position (Hell he was able to get his #1 jersey back, although I believe the NBA has a warehouse full of unsold "Billips #1 jerseys that still need to be sold), then the other guys will have to fall in to place perhaps as Wise has suggested.

Before you guys loose your shirts, the following projection is based on no more moves being made with the current roster of guards:

Stuckey: Perhaps, with Chauncey on the roster, starting at the PG position - Stuckey can become the off guard that he was projected to becoming, after his rookie season under Flip and Chaunce, but he must be working on his jumper at minimum 8 hours each day from now until Sept. 30.

B. Knight: Can be the first guard off the bench. He can come in after Chauncey sits and then move Stuckey over to the point.

KCP: Can come in when Stuckey sits and B. Knight moves over to man the PG position.

Will B.: Comes into the game, during garbage minutes or in case of an ejection/extreme foul trouble to Chaunce, Stuckey, B. Knight, or KCP.

Siva: Stashed overseas, which is a decision that would have to be made by Sept. 6.

This is the better plan to dealing with OUR guard rotation. And, hopefully no more talk about Rondo, giving Mo' a fair chance to work with a slate of guards, who as a group are equal or if not better than any other roster of guards in the League.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty My Thought On Our Guards

Post  WTF Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:53 pm

lemonpen wrote:

IMHO Knight falls short to the leadership stability Chauncey will bring to the team barring his health. Knight falls short in his ability last season to be an more effective combo guard than Stuckey in spite of Stuckey's dismal season. Knight also wasn't as effective as Bynum or Calderon manning the point. In any case the number game comes into play and the all the addition and re-signing of Bynum spells only doom for either Stuckey or Knight. Joe is assessing the trade value of both and it's not far-fetch that both could be package in a deal for either Rondo or Jennings. If I had to guess one or both maybe gone before training camp starts.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  lemonpen Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Why not open up a competition in training camp & preseason. If a young guy outplays a vet or meshes better with a particular unit, then play um there. At the very least shouldn't we wait and see who's been doing their homework over the summer. I agree that protecting CB's health with limited PT is prudent.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

Post  WTF Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:42 pm

You all know I'm always screaming about rotations and how many players are rotated into any given position at any time. In all honesty at this moment I would much rather see CB-PG and Stuckey SG starting at the guard positions. Until proven other-wise Knight is likely the 5th best guard on this team and I think I'm being generous on that note.

As much as many of you disagree with me and Sebastian on this IMO Stuckey is far better than both Knight, Bynum and both rookies Siva and Pope. As far as the CB starting I don't expect starter minutes out of him, but starting him makes more sense than bringing him off the bench so don't be surprise if it happens. I strongly believe in using only a 3 guard rotation and I don't think Cheeks will go beyond consistently using 10 players in any given game. Knight and Pope will likely fight it all for PT if Stuckey isn't traded. I see Stuckey alternating between both the PG and SG positions depending on who's he on the floor with SG if he's on the floor with CB and PG if he's on the floor with Pope.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:51 am

deusXango wrote:All this talk about this PG and that has got to come in second to what Joe D must work out in house; room must be made for Peyton Siva! Drummond and Siva can be something special, and if Joe & Mo have missed that obvious fact, we're still rooted in politics and the team will underperform like it always has when politics ruled the day. They both are raw, but undeniable talents, who'll be around (as elite players) when the flavors of the moment will have been played out. These guys genuinely like each other, and that's where true team chemistry begins; when the PG and center are on the same wave length, it flows throughout the team. Of all the sexy names thrown out there, our untouchable, cornerstone only seems to connect with this PG. Come on Joe, do the right thing. It may save your job and extend your contract.
a

Yes dX you got it right. Siva better make this roster. There is so much talk about Rondo who has a damaged ACL. How many basketball players are ever the same players they were before suffering that kind of injury. Once again mass hysteria seems to rule as to how people view things. If a Rondo trade should happen it better not happen unless Rondo shows he has the same capabilities he had before the injury while still wearing a Boston uniform. And this time around we will get to see the real Rondo who will have to lead a weak team much like Knight has had to do with the Pistons last season and the season before. My bet is that Rondo will not look so attractive this year if he does start the season in Boston. Wait and see approach is a good thing. I would like to see a trade involving Stuckey, Bynum and possibly JJ. Yet Jerebco might be great this year.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Somethings up ... response to DX's question

Post  Sebastian Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:44 am

deusXango wrote:Sebastian, that was a solid post you just made; very thoughtful. I've got a couple of questions I'd like to put to you for your opinion. I see where the Pistons may want Peyton Siva to play overseas (for God only knows for how long), but with the effort he's put forth to work on making this team, and Joe went out and signed two old "war horses," why should he? I mean there were GM's and coaches at the Summer League who I'm sure were impressed with what they saw in Siva, and will sign him as soon as they can, if the Pistons don't want him. I notice that 'da Moose and BK7 are two players you seem to find trade value in for players unknown or unneeded, and I'm wondering if it's my imagination or don't you like them as players?

Oh no, DX, I should make myself clearer as to what I was meaning to convey when referencing Moose and B. Knight, as potential trade pieces.

First off, Moose and B. Knight are the young pieces that make OUR Pistons roster, even more flexible. The two, both come from winning college programs and are amongst a esteem member of NBA players, who have and continue to represent their college programs (Georgetown and Univ. of Kentucky).

The flexibility that each provide is distinctively needed on OUR roster. Moose can provide minutes at the PF and Center positions. B. Knight can shoot the three. He plays aggressive defense and he wants to be a well respected NBA player and not some guy, who DeAndre Jordan slammed on or the guy, who got juked by Kyrie Irving in a NBA exhibition game.

But, I must admit on this date/time with the Chauncey and Will B. signings, I am not sure how B. Knight will be implored, especially if my man Stuckey is still on the roster. (I just don't see B. Knight most effective as a starting SG.)

I share your apprehension of what Joe's next move(s) will be.

Last edited by Sebastian on Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

Post  deusXango Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:32 am

Joe D had a promising draft, with three better than good picks, in both rounds; he signed the best FA (not named Howard or Paul) in Josh Smith, and the signings of Datome and Billups were truly inspired, but from what I've been hearing, Joe's about to tear his ass on the trade market. If his acumen as a GM limits him from turning Stuckey, Villanueva, Singler, and Jerebko into 2014 first round draft pick(s), and clearing roster space, then he should trade Singler and J.J. for second round picks, sign Siva, and wait for Stuckey and CV to expire. Rome wasn't built in a day. Allow Cheeks and his staff the time necessary to start building an offense and defense utilizing the players on hand now; this is his first year coaching this team, and he shouldn't be hamstrung like his predecessors, by rushing to war with pieces that don't fit. Leave things as they are until the All-Star break, and by the trade deadline make whatever changes Cheeks deem necessary.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Scoot over, make room!!

Post  deusXango Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:36 pm

All this talk about this PG and that has got to come in second to what Joe D must work out in house; room must be made for Peyton Siva! Drummond and Siva can be something special, and if Joe & Mo have missed that obvious fact, we're still rooted in politics and the team will underperform like it always has when politics ruled the day. They both are raw, but undeniable talents, who'll be around (as elite players) when the flavors of the moment will have been played out. These guys genuinely like each other, and that's where true team chemistry begins; when the PG and center are on the same wave length, it flows throughout the team. Of all the sexy names thrown out there, our untouchable, cornerstone only seems to connect with this PG. Come on Joe, do the right thing. It may save your job and extend your contract.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Somethings up ...

Post  deusXango Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:13 pm

Sebastian, that was a solid post you just made; very thoughtful. I've got a couple of questions I'd like to put to you for your opinion. I see where the Pistons may want Peyton Siva to play overseas (for God only knows for how long), but with the effort he's put forth to work on making this team, and Joe went out and signed two old "war horses," why should he? I mean there were GM's and coaches at the Summer League who I'm sure were impressed with what they saw in Siva, and will sign him as soon as they can, if the Pistons don't want him. I notice that 'da Moose and BK7 are two players you seem to find trade value in for players unknown or unneeded, and I'm wondering if it's my imagination or don't you like them as players?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Somethings up ...

Post  Sebastian Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:38 pm

merc wrote:Somebody's gotta get released... should be an interesting conclusion to a productive offseason.... candidates?

Based on the date of origination and expiration of the current contracts, you would think that Stuckey, Charlie V., Jerebko, and/or Singler could potentially be moved in exchange for other parts. And, I dare say that B. Knight and Moose could be added to this group, as well.

The Chauncey coupled with the Will B. signing is foreshadowing. Then the Linguine signing along with the strong potential of signing T. Mitch, after adding Josh Smith to the roster spells curtains for Charlie V., Jerebko, and/or Singler.

The only players that are currently prohibited from being moved, until Dec. 15 are the recent signees: Smith, Chauncey, Linguinie, Will B., and the Ukraine; and of course "Bam-Bam", Dre Drummond is untouchable, at this date and time and will remain so for the next 2-3 years.

Yes, I'd say something will happen, during the month of September prior to training camp. It would only be fair to Mo' to go into Training Camp with the roster specifically resolved.
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty One fans opinion

Post  deusXango Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:30 pm

Drummond, Monroe, and Smith are out of this equation for obvious reasons; for those who can't get to that, I feel sorry for you.

Who do you prefer? My choices are in red:
Tony Mitchell or Jonas Jerebko/Charlie Villanueva
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope or Rodney Stuckey
Luigi Datome or Kyle Singler
Brandon Knight or Will Bynum

The old lion (Chauncey Billups) and the young cub (Peyton Siva) being the only true PG's on a team are of equal value for insurance purposes; someone reliable has got to run the offense, and those two are the most skilled at that IMHO. Every team needs it's towel wavers; Middleton and Kravtsov are ours.

Merc, those are my candidates, in a 'round about way.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Somebody's gotta get released... should be an interesting conclusion to a productive offseason.... candidates?
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty How much power does our star have?

Post  deusXango Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:20 pm

“That’s my point guard,” Drummond said. “I keep telling him not to worry about making the team. He’ll be here.”-Andre Drummond

That's the most ringing endorsement that Peyton Siva has received from any member in the Pistons organization, and IMHO it's come from the most important player on the roster and building block for the future, Andre Drummond!! Of all the talked about alley-oops thrown to Drummond, by Bynum, I've never heard him speak of "Will the Thrill" in such glowing terms, which makes me feel that there is something truly special he feels about the connection on the court with Siva. I know that it was only Summer League, but Siva demonstrated a command of the offense that neither Bynum, Stuckey, or Knight has ever shown, plus he's displayed "in your face" defense.

I hope that in spite of Drummonds tender years, his wishes for, and assessment of the PG he'll be playing with for the next 10 years, will be honored; at least he's not trying to get his coach fired, or making some outrageous statement by boycotting, he's asking for a talented player to be given a chance.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty Rondo...is this Ainge or Joe D's doing?

Post  Go Stones! Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:08 am

Think about it...when was the last time that Joe D leaked info prior to it happening? He is 100% behind the scenes with no national media being informed. My thought is that Ainge is using the media to extract Drummond or at least let the Boston fans get used to the idea that Rondo may be traded. I bet there will be a trade when Wallace/Humphries are tradable in September. Joe D has nothing to lose. If Rondo isn't traded, at least it is out there that He is looking for a solid PG...AND Ainge is sending the message that Rondo MAY be available at the right price.

Also, with the Gay rumors...that is not Joe either. Have we even had confirmation that these rumors were true from Joe/Pistons? All we have heard is that he is looking to make a significant trade to assist the team roster.

Your take?
Go Stones!
Go Stones!

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The REAL Dream

Post  deusXango Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:40 am

Oracle wrote:
He's going to have to learn from Cheeks & Chauncey how to be the extension of the coach when he's on the floor! Know that he will get his opportunity to shoot, but that he needs to feed 3 hungry big dogs and an itchy fingered SG to boot!

Oracle, every time Knight is mentioned as being the PG student of Cheeks and Chauncey, Stuckey's name is brought up; this is a specific that Stuckey supporters need to take a look at. With the ball in his hands for effectiveness, will he be willing to be the extension of the coach on the floor? Will he be willing to consistently feed the scorers on the floor, or resort to the "bully guard" mentality and play the same old selfish game he's known for? IMHO the answer to that is what separates Stuckey's value to the team from Knight and Siva's going forward.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The REAL Dream

Post  Oracle Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:58 pm

merc wrote:The cost of a session with Hakeem is 50K... it comes out of the players pocket... On a rookie contract this show their commitment to excellence.

IMO the success of this team will be more about coaching than talent (the talent is there)... Forget about height and speed... it's the top foot that matters now... the leader of the mental transformation has to be Knight.

Merc, I totally agree! We've got all of the talent to really challenge for anything we really want, but if the coaching isn't there we're in trouble.

Knight is going to have to back up the talk he's made about him being the PG for this team!

He's going to have to learn from Cheeks & Chauncey how to be the extension of the coach when he's on the floor! Know that he will get his opportunity to shoot, but that he needs to feed 3 hungry big dogs and an itchy fingered SG to boot!

We'll see, but it's in the best interest of the Pistons that Knight makes the transition(like Tony Parker did)!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The Dream

Post  merc Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:00 pm

The cost of a session with Hakeem is 50K... it comes out of the players pocket... On a rookie contract this show their commitment to excellence.

IMO the success of this team will be more about coaching than talent (the talent is there)... Forget about height and speed... it's the top foot that matters now... the leader of the mental transformation has to be Knight.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The sh!t that bothers me.

Post  deusXango Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:47 pm

How year after year, coach after coach, sees fit to start Stuckey. Based on what? His FT percentages? When they look at game film, what are they seeing that sells them on his potential?

Mo Cheeks was at the Summer League to see up close what he had to work with in, most importantly, the recent draft picks made by his employer; how the hell, in that crowed ass little gym, did he not see anything positive about Siva's game? He's this HOF PG, who's going to work magic with our developing PG's, but he came away without one peep about Siva.

After making an unpopular draft pick in the first round (which is looking better day by day), and successfully snagging two quality players, with promise, in the second round, and signing the top available FA on the market, why would Joe sign Bynum, if he was in pursuit of Chauncey? IMHO Smith, Datome, and Billups are great FA signings, all by themselves.

Joe always plays his cards close to the vest, so why hasn't he squashed the ongoing, outrageous trade rumors about Rondo? If they're to hang in the air, why hasn't he countered by selling Singler, J.J., and Villanueva like the "golden pieces" they are for a rebuilding team, that's going to be tanking?

The amount Joe pays his players who're FA's, without the market setting the price on them; who else would've signed Bynum to the contract that Joe did? The reason I bring this up is, not only hasn't Maxiell signed a FA contract, he's not even mentioned as an available FA of any note; I fear that if a spot opened up on the Pistons, Joe would resign him at an unbelievable amount.

Big Ben is retired, so is Rasheed; Hamilton is unwanted, and Prince is unneeded, but we've brought back Chauncey, the player Joe saw fit to give away for a malcontent, when he clearly had something positive to offer. I can't get my finger on it, but something's not right. I'm a BIG Chauncey fan, by the way.

Why isn't Joe trying to get in the first round of the 2014 draft? Missing out on the deepest draft in years makes no sense to me, no matter who you are.

If Boston wants Drummond so bad and are making it known, why aren't we countering with talk about Rondo and Olynck? Langlolis, Ellis, Goodwill, don't all speak at once. The Detroit Pistons mouthpieces are always there with the negative sh!t, and planting doubt, but where are they when they're needed?
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 35 Empty The Dream

Post  merc Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:23 pm

It looks like Hakeem has added both Drummond & Monroe to his schedule (I believe it's this month)... Dream shake X2
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:20 pm

cool breeze wrote:
merc wrote:Before joining LA in '09, World Peace's preference was to become a Detroit Piston or go to Greece ...
"One of the only reasons I’m in L.A. is because of my agent,' World Peace said. "He didn’t call Greece. I was so mad at him about that.

"My first choice was Detroit. We called Joe Dumars and Joe Dumars said, ‘We can’t have it.’ I wanted to play in Detroit so bad … I wanted to do a lot of charity things … It was a bigger picture. If we did something like that (to get past the Malice at the Palace), people around the world would be like, ‘Wow.’

"So, I wanted to play in Detroit and Joe Dumars was like, ‘I don’t think it’s a good time for you to come to Detroit.’

"So, then my next option was Greece and then I was trying to play overseas, and then the Lakers called. Then I was like, ‘Cool, let’s do this. Let’s go to L.A.’ That’s how I became a Laker."

Merc this is the second time that I have read your post on MWP. Last week I watched a documentary on violence in sports and they included the fight at the Palace where Ben Wallace stood up to Metta and all hell broke loose. Too bad in a way that he didn't become a Piston. Then we would have had two outstanding boxers in Artest and Charlie V. With all those loses and the Piston fans going AWOL, maybe Mr. Gores could have advertised a 3 round fight at half time between Charlie and Metta. Metta likes contact and Charlie is all show though so this would not excite many people unless fans would just like to see Charlie get his ass kicked because he is a lazy ass player.

Must see TV... pay per view... the coaches would be Tommy Hearns & Mike Tyson box 
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:49 pm

deusXango wrote:
lemonpen wrote:However the roster is shaped going forward I think we have seen enough to know that Peyton is a traditional drive and dish PG with scoring ability.    With Brandon up for a new contract in 2 yrs and Billups inked for 2 yrs there is a good opportunity and reason to secure Siva for an identical period.  Spend 2yrs trying to develop both then make the long term choice later.  
Lemon, I agree with that formula you suggested and I'll go a step further; Payton Siva will probably turn out to be the best PG, out of the present candidates, in the next two years! He's the only pure PG first of all, he plays under control, and allows the team to flourish without hogging the spotlight. He'll probably pay more attention to Billips and Cheeks than the others, because he's a PG.

You notice how no one seems to want to credit the young man with a near triple/double in a Summer League game? I hate to say it, but Burke hasn't come close to playing as complete a game as that, and they're both the same size. Joe stole in the second round this year with Tony Mitchell, but the drafting of Payton Siva and the quality of game he plays is insane!! If Joe allows this young man to get away, in favor of any combo guard, it will be the biggest mistake of his career, bar none!!

If Dumars wants to keep Drummond happy he better make room for Siva. Why in hell did Dumars sign Bynum. That is the move that still gets me where it hurts. But maybe Joe has some trade in mind which will include Bynum. Siva is far superior in every way to Bynum. People question Knight's ability to play point guard but say nothing about Bynum who will never grasp what it takes to get others involved in an offense. Siva was the steal of this draft. Dumars must know that by now if not then Cheeks had to see what we saw in this summer league and the championship game of the NCAA tournament.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:43 pm

merc wrote:Before joining LA in '09, World Peace's preference was to become a Detroit Piston or go to Greece ...
"One of the only reasons I’m in L.A. is because of my agent,' World Peace said. "He didn’t call Greece. I was so mad at him about that.

"My first choice was Detroit. We called Joe Dumars and Joe Dumars said, ‘We can’t have it.’ I wanted to play in Detroit so bad … I wanted to do a lot of charity things … It was a bigger picture. If we did something like that (to get past the Malice at the Palace), people around the world would be like, ‘Wow.’

"So, I wanted to play in Detroit and Joe Dumars was like, ‘I don’t think it’s a good time for you to come to Detroit.’

"So, then my next option was Greece and then I was trying to play overseas, and then the Lakers called. Then I was like, ‘Cool, let’s do this. Let’s go to L.A.’ That’s how I became a Laker."

Merc this is the second time that I have read your post on MWP. Last week I watched a documentary on violence in sports and they included the fight at the Palace where Ben Wallace stood up to Metta and all hell broke loose. Too bad in a way that he didn't become a Piston. Then we would have had two outstanding boxers in Artest and Charlie V. With all those loses and the Piston fans going AWOL, maybe Mr. Gores could have advertised a 3 round fight at half time between Charlie and Metta. Metta likes contact and Charlie is all show though so this would not excite many people unless fans would just like to see Charlie get his ass kicked because he is a lazy ass player.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next