Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:53 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:Sometimes we are in the presence of true greatness and don’t realize it. Then again maybe it was just a goofy idea like having a midget pinch hit in baseball.

LOL!!!

BTW, some people work hard into greatness, and then there's Larry Frank! Frank bends over and has greatness thrust upon him... ouch!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Looking at the bigs...

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:15 am

In 3-4 years, both Cousins and Monroe will be MEN, and ready to stake their claim in the league.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Evans...

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:40 am

Tyreke Evans is just as dumb as Stuckey!

However, he's a lot more athletic, and he easily overpowers Knight at PG!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Effing UGLY Elbow

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:02 am

To JJ's throat!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Win or lose

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 am

The core is playing MUCH better tonight!

Monroe is 1 assist from a tripple double, and Knight is finally coming around.

However, this Kings team is so mistake prone that if they can't take these chumps out, it's going to be hard to see who they can beat.

Still, West Coast trips are very hard, so we may have to give them some slack!

Prince is horrible, he's had two really dumb turnovers, and that's bad for a supposed vet!

BTW, what I love about Singler is that he plays like he expects to win, all out!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Monroe records the FIRST

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:31 am

Tripple double in the NBA this year!!!

Great work Monroe!!!

It's also the first tripple double for a Piston since Chauncey Billups, and it's from a big man... Wow!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Looking Forward

Post  Sparma2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:08 am

Congratulations to Monroe. Not so bad for Larry to hit the panic button if that means running the O through Monroe.

Took my first of what will be many looks at mock drafts for 2013. Could this be the year we break through and make a serious run at #1?

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Just Sit there & Just Stagnate Then Huh?

Post  Sissy1946 Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:35 am

[quote="Phil1980boy"]
Sissy1946 wrote:Only good thing to come of this Is I think Gores is coming to the point of he's going to have had enough & will be firing Dumars, Frank & bringing Laimbeer in to coach the pistons like we want."
If Gores did that, this rebuilding project would be pushed back at-least 7 or 8 more years.

I'm not for starting over A already started over project. thumbs down thumbs down

No Thank you!!
If it pushes it back then so be it, maybe they'll finally get it right then, the road we're going down now is the Road to Disaster, that has to stop soon, besides with Dumars gone & Laimbeer being brought in we first know that Laimbeer Won't put with the crap that Gores is going through now with these baboon ass's runnimg this team. Nobody has a friggin' clue what their doing now as the record shows, a little adjustment like ridding ourselves of Frank & Dumars will do the trick, I approve of this message. Besides Laimbeer will sit or trade The Princess & Maxi-Pads before you can blink your eyes, ne'll have Singler in the starting line up along with Drummond playing with Monroe, the way it should be, let these kids Fall on their ass but learn from experience On how to play this game the right way. Laimbeer will have nobody coming though the middle with his frontline, they'll be knocked on their ass or the players will be held accountable for letting that happen not like Frank who puts them back in after continuous screw up's. Who knows with with this team the way it is it could also take 7-8 years & hasn't Joe had a head start on Laimbeer? How many years so far has Joe screwed up this team? All I know is that this team with Dumars & Frank isn't going nowhere with the way it is, their going to go home with a record of 0-7, lose that night against OKC & lose their next game to Philly where they'll be 0-9, hell of a reason to keep the Status Quo eh? Not in a Booger's Paradise My Man.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty I'm Encouraged: This team is coming around

Post  Oracle Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:07 am

Monroe, as usual, scares me shitless every year because he starts the season like he can't remember where he left off the previous season. He looks slow and out of it!

Well, fast forward to tonight, and it's a totally different Monroe! He unloaded the full package on the Kings, and showed that while Cousins is good, and will be the better center, Monroe is on track to be the better all around player from the PF position!

Monroe displayed not only his superior passing ability, but surprising speed and quickness, and even went coast to coast like a guard, and looked good doing it... I was plesantly surprised(although he couldn't finish, but got bailed out with a phantom foul call).

Knight also looked good, draining a few 3's to keep us alive in the 4th.

Then there's JJ, who quietly does all of the dirty work, and never quits. He's finally looking like the dude he was before the injury.

But it's the new guys that are a cause for excitement because they're beginning to prove that we don't need some of these vets, and in fact, we're better off playing the rookies.

Lil Larry is working hard to get our respect back, and after looking at this evolution, you'd really be hard pressed to find a coach that could have done much better with this group until they gel a bit more. Look at this from the DetNews

"Right now, we're getting what we deserve," Frank said.

Singler played most of the fourth quarter in place of veteran Tayshaun Prince and didn't seem out of place or outmatched. He scored six straight points midway through the fourth to keep the Pistons within striking distance

"I feel confident down the stretch," Singler said. "Were there plays I would've done differently? Sure, but you have to play instinctively, and that's what I did."

Frank actually did the right thing! As I posted during the game, Prince was making dumb mistakes, and just hurting the team when he was on the floor.

Lil Larry sat Prince's ass in the 4th for Singler, and Singler produced! The kid is fearless, and has a winners mentality! Not that Prince doesn't, but Singler is just younger, and appears hungrier!

BTW, the full DetNews article is here - [Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Too early to go crazy.

Post  Phil-Good Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 am

Sissy. You in full panic MODE 5 games in. Calm Down! You not going to make it through all 82 Games homes.

This is A rebuilding project. It's not going to come together over night. Keep watching and give it some time.

Moose, B.Knight, Singlar, and English got some key playing time last night. These guys will learn how to win these type of games over time.

I like what the coaches said after the game. DEFENSE!! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! We have to become A defense first team! banana

This season players will show who belongs and who does not belong. We 5 games in and you can already see Signlar and English belong. You can also see that R.Stuckey does not belong.

The pictures will be clear by the time this season ends..
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Evans and Stuckey look like lost twins out there tonight

Post  Phil-Good Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 am

Oracle wrote:Tyreke Evans is just as dumb as Stuckey!

However, he's a lot more athletic, and he easily overpowers Knight at PG!

Oracle. It was amazing to see both Evans and Stuckey having the exact same problem at the exact same time.

I'm not good enough to play the PG but I can't shoot the ball good enough to be A 2 guard. So both are lost TWEEN-ER land.

I still would trade Stuckey for Evans just because Ty Evans has more talent and he younger. But both are having major tweener issues.
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Moose

Post  Murph Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 am

cool breeze wrote:Good point Oracle. this is how Monroe played in college. I have been watching Monroe do this in every game so far as well as every game last season. Do fans still believe he should be a All Star?...Monroe like a lot of the Piston players look to be too tired to have the energy to look to see where opposition players are located on the floor before it is too late. What is scary is that this is a big contract year for Monroe. The press has built this player into something that he has yet to become. Yet there might be hope as he is so young for a big man. Still at some point as a player you have to want to become a better defender. The coaches want that to happen but does he want it enough? Can the Pistons push the ball and become an up tempo team with guys like Monroe? If not then the pistons need to slow things down on offense.

Ummm...Don??? Any more Monroe bashing that you'd like to do after last night's game? lol

I remember you were bashing Monroe about this same time last year. Last year, you said that Darko Milicic was a better center than Monroe. Shocked 'Member dat?

Face it, All Star or not (and personally I believe Monroe deserves to be an All Star, and will eventually be voted as one) Monroe is definitely the best player on the team this year, hands down.

Oh and FYI...this is NOT a big contract year for Monroe. We have him signed through 2014, and we can make a qualifying offer to him in 2015, and then he becomes a RESTRICTED free agent after the 2015/16 year. So no worries, we basically have Moose tied up for the next 7 or 8 years or so. Joe

Last edited by Murph on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty 6 MINUTES

Post  WTF Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:40 am

I guess Drummond wasn't tall enough to play tonight facepalm Sorry but I'm not impressed with a combined 16 minutes of PT between Drummond and English. Yea that Moose got a triple double but we still basically recorded another loss with vets playing the bulk of minutes. If we are going to lose games do it with Drummond on the floor because these games are meaningless win or lose if he isn't on the floor. You can't rebuild with vets on the floor
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Moose All Star Watch

Post  Murph Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:42 am

So among Eastern Conference centers, Monroe is 2nd in scoring behind Bosh. He's 4th in rebounds behind Varejao, Haywood and Noah. And he of course leads all EC centers in assists.

Unfortunately, Moose is 14th among EC centers in blocked shots.

So with Hibbert hurt, I could definitely envision Bosh, Noah and Monroe as the 3 Eastern Conference All Star centers this year, especially if the Pistons can right the ship and win a few games.

Other positives: Brandon Knight has increased his assists this year to 6.6 apg. That's up from only 3.8 apg last year. So Knight is definitely making huge progress as far as getting his teammates more involved this year. Unfortunately, Knight still turns the ball over way too much. But he's slowly making strides toward developing into a more complete PG.

Jason Maxiell is having one of the best years of his career so far. So far, he's putting up career highs ppg, rpg, mpg and FG%. (He hasn't played this well since his last contract year. lol )

And Jonas Jerebko is quietly enjoying the best season of his career so far. And the fact that opposing players are getting thrown out of games because they're beating up on JJ is a sure sign that he's playing well and getting under the skin of opposing players. box Let's hope JJ can stay healthy.

And finally, Will Bynum is playing very well. Like JMax, Bynum's having his best year since his last contract year.

So there's hope Pistons fans. Let's hope the Pistons can turn it around, after they make it through this brutal part of the schedule.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Big time Agreement

Post  Grizz2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:58 am

WISEFAN wrote:I guess Drummond wasn't tall enough to play tonight facepalm Sorry but I'm not impressed with a combined 16 minutes of PT between Drummond and English. Yea that Moose got a triple double but we still basically recorded another loss with vets playing the bulk of minutes. If we are going to lose games do it with Drummond on the floor because these games are meaningless win or lose if he isn't on the floor. You can't rebuild with vets on the floor

Cynic ... .. Who knows? Maybe we win with those 2 playing more .. Still would put in English in the top 3 guards you keep preaching on ... Which I think you agree with .. Bynum and Prince and JMax will have good stat games but they are so horrible in otherways that they hurt the team chemistry and chances for improving and winning .. It is time to broom all 3 of them ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Wish we had a thumbs up option on this site .. THUMBS UP! GOOD POST!

Post  Grizz2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 am

Murph wrote:So among Eastern Conference centers, Monroe is 2nd in scoring behind Bosh. He's 4th in rebounds behind Varejao, Haywood and Noah. And he of course leads all EC centers in assists.

Unfortunately, Moose is 14th among EC centers in blocked shots.

So with Hibbert hurt, I could definitely envision Bosh, Noah and Monroe as the 3 Eastern Conference All Star centers this year, especially if the Pistons can right the ship and win a few games.

Other positives: Brandon Knight has increased his assists this year to 6.6 apg. That's up from only 3.8 apg last year. So Knight is definitely making huge progress as far as getting his teammates more involved this year. Unfortunately, Knight still turns the ball over way too much. But he's slowly making strides toward developing into a more complete PG.

Jason Maxiell is having one of the best years of his career so far. So far, he's putting up career highs ppg, rpg, mpg and FG%. (He hasn't played this well since his last contract year. lol )

And Jonas Jerebko is quietly enjoying the best season of his career so far. And the fact that opposing players are getting thrown out of games because they're beating up on JJ is a sure sign that he's playing well and getting under the skin of opposing players. box Let's hope JJ can stay healthy.

And finally, Will Bynum is playing very well. Like JMax, Bynum's having his best year since his last contract year.

So there's hope Pistons fans. Let's hope the Pistons can turn it around, after they make it through this brutal part of the schedule.

The only thing I will add is that players like Max and Bynum will have good stats but they harm the team overall with their lack of passing and team defense .. They just seem to destroy any continuity in any offense .. but very good points otherwise .. BIG MOOSE is ON THE LOOSE .. May Drummond join him soon ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Saw my 1st NBA full game of the season .. in Japan ..

Post  Grizz2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:04 am

Magic vs Bulls

Thought Magic would be worse than the Pistons this season with Superman gone .. but really .. they seem like a very well coached team .. and AA is shining brightly .. I would let go of the anger over Afflalo being thrown away IF any Detroit Pistons writers would ever admit getting rid of AA was pure bullshit and stupid .. OR if Joe Dumars would say that ... The truth but not holding my breath by any means .. Twisted Evil
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Excelling at being bad

Post  Sparma2 Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 am

They get one year to be horrible, and they'd better do that well. Ideally, that can be paired with advancement by the likes of Monroe and Knight, as well as time for Drummond, Singler, and English. After that they'd best be ready to deliver a lower end 1st round pick to keep that Gordon trade from being more dreadful than it is. If they can't pull off something like that, my hero Joe can go. I can only hope for his sake that he felt Gore-y pressure to make a deal of the Gordon variety, otherwise I've lost confidence in his abilities to reconstruct, unless he delivers dramatic proof soon he's still got it. And Frank needs to go.

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Weak link in the game against the Kings

Post  cool breeze Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 am

As other posters have pointed out, this last game revealed that the Pistons do have some good young players who are fun to watch.

Last night I was very impressed with Greg Monroe. He played both ends really hard and really had his head in the game. I was really impressed with Monroe's movement without the ball on offense and his passing ability. If only the Pistons had a big strong power forward who is an elite defender. That would change this club so much. Coach Frank brought in Maxiell in crunch time and he proved in those moments much like he did thoughout the game, that he cannot defend or secure rebounds against players who are much bigger and stronger than Maxiell. Drummond lacks the fundamental skills and does not react to situations the right way so the coaches have zero trust in him so far. Jerebco was pretty beat up at the end but I would have stayed with him rather than substute with Maxiell. We didn't see the "Russian". I think that Frank will lose his job if he doesn't make a change regarding his use of Maxiell. Of course the Pistons will be playing some teams where Maxiell might become effective but there are few teams in this league who plWay short guys at the 4. With that said, I think this game might have been Monroe's best game as a Piston because he played extremely hard on both ends and he played smart basketball.

We have a keeper in Kyle Singler. I don't know if anyone picked up on this fact but I saw how well Singler played help defense last night. Singler is thinking on the court. He knows where the basketball is going or the area on the floor where the opposing team is trying to attack. Singler missed a key free throw and lost a key possession at the end when he tried to draw a foul. But Singler is a winner. He only cares about playing basketball the right way and he is deceptively fast and strong. He brings better defensive rebounding and passing to this team as well. It takes players like Singler to become a winning team. He reminds me of Battier who is another fundamentally sound smart player who I believe was the key to Miami's championship run last season.

Brandon Knight finally has some to life. He made a lot of defensive mistakes in the first half against Isiah Thomas but gathered himself and played really good defense for the entire second half. And Brandon broke down the defense, moved hard without the basketball and and had good shot selection in this game. Everyone knows that Knight is going to get a lot better. I expected him to take a step back this season as he attempts to execute the little things that make point guards great players.

Stuckey impressed me last night. Stuckey passed the basketball to Singler at a key moment during crunch time and Singler hit the 3 ball. I have never seen Stuckey so the smart thing before. Stuckey didn't force things on offense as well. His defense also improved in the second half of this game. I can see where there is some hope that as the season moves forward, Stuckey might become a solid player who does the right things consistantly. He will have games where he will score a lot of points and if he plays like last night, he will have other games where he plays winning team basketball with his defense and passing.

Finally I have to give credit to Bynum who played much better defense and held his own on the offensive end getting others involved by passing the ball earlier in the shot clock. I believe that Bynum should be a situational player who can play against small guards.

WIll the Pistons play better when Cory M. is ready to play? If Cory can play the shooting guard position and bring some strong defense, then the Pistons can limit Bynum's play and use Knight and Stuckey as their point guard. The team gets bigger and stronger.

The negative of this game is Drummond who is showing his youth and lack of fundamentals and knowledge of where to be on the floor. He needs more coaching for sure. Once Detroit gets a big guy who other teams fear when the Pistons are playing defense, then we will see some wins coming. It is not likely any trades will help right now so I am hoping for a high draft pick next summer. Of course Drummond might somehow start getting it but right now the other players do not have much trust in him. The guy is only 19 years old and didn't build any confidence from that year he playing in college. He is making the same mistakes that he made at UCONN. Drummond has the physical skills but lacks the mental part of the game at this time. There is no time to practice now. So that makes it tough to improve. It is funny that Maxiell has the smarts and knows where he has to be on defense but it makes no difference because he is too small and does take too many breaks. If you are small for your position, then you cannot take time off on defense. That is why Maxiell is a poor defensive rebounder. He is out of position and cannot or doesn't attempt to box out anyone. Maxiell starts off the game well working really hard in his positioning and then slacks off as the game moves to the second half. If the Pistons find somebody to play power forward it will be a lot more fun to watch them. So far, Frank refuses to limit Maxiell's play. I agree with everyone that even though Drummond is raw and doesn't have a clue at times where he is supposed to be, he makes up for that defect because of his quickness and size. It is a no brainer to play him and force the other players to help him out and talk to him on defense. If Maxiell must play, then he should be given 6 minutes in the first quarter to keep him fresh and then only play him again during crunch time to see if he plays all out at that time of the game. However, it is more likely that the opposing big men are giving it their all during crunch time and Maxiell is just too small to be effective much like when he playing in the playoff series against Cleveland. It was way back then when Dumars should have traded him or not given Maxiell a new contract.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Drummond must start ...

Post  Sebastian Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 am

Drummond must start! How many games must WE be subjected to Dre Drummond curiously not starting and not playing with Moose.

Please don't give me this junk about Drummond being too young. Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, and Bradley Beal are all starting and all happen to be 19 years old. Dion Waiters and Jonas Valanciunas, who are both 20 years old are starting for their respective teams, as well.

And, let's not forget that the youngest player in the League, last season, started approximately 60 of the 66 games, in the lockout-shorten season. Yes, Brandon Knight was the youngest player in the League, last season, and coach dumb ass (L. Frank) was not afraid to start B. Knight.

Drummond is not going to learn a damn thing, while sitting on the bench.

Last edited by Sebastian on Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Evans...

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Oracle wrote:Tyreke Evans is just as dumb as Stuckey!

I beg to differ....there's no one as dumb as Stuckey!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Grizz2 wrote:Magic vs Bulls

Thought Magic would be worse than the Pistons this season with Superman gone .. but really .. they seem like a very well coached team .. and AA is shining brightly .. I would let go of the anger over Afflalo being thrown away IF any Detroit Pistons writers would ever admit getting rid of AA was pure bullshit and stupid .. OR if Joe Dumars would say that ... The truth but not holding my breath by any means .. Twisted Evil

Yes Grizz the gift of Affalo to Denver proved to me that Joe Dumars must not take his job seriously. I loved the way Affalo played basketball when he was a high school player and at UCLA. I thought that the Pistons got the steal of the draft and knew Affalo was far superior to Stuckey in that draft. Once a Piston, almost everyone knew that Affalo was the best defender among the guards. But as we all know, Dumars was not impressed with guys who liked to play defense. He loaded his team will guys who didn 't like defense. Of course Billups knew the potential of Affalo and the fact that every winning team needs guys like Affalo to win big in the NBA. It was Billups who talked the Denver management into stealing AA from Joe who was suffering from mood swings and if you recall had been gaining a lot of weight. After Dumars drafted Austin Daye, I knew for sure that Dumars was having a mental breakdown. Just how did he think Daye would fit that Piston team before that draft? A frind of mine brought up the idea that Dumars just completely lost it after he realized the mistake he had made when he traded Billups for Iverson. The team turned on Joe after that trade and let him know what they thought of him after he destroyed any chance that team had of making one last run in the playoffs. You don't trade the heart and soul of a team that had done so well for so many seasons. I recall watching the Piston games after that trade and opposing team announcers talking about how stupid that trade was and the ramifications it had on the team and the Piston fans. You are a great supporter of Affalo and I appreciate that Grizz.

Once after the Pistons lost in the Final 4 of the playoffs, Affalo boarded a Southwest flight back to LA. We exchanged greetings and I reminded him of a mistake he made during a high school game and how he had turned it all around when he kicked Arizona's ass everytime he played them while at UCLA. I asked him why he was flying Southwest. Affalo smiled and said "I am nothing special. This was a cheap flight so I picked Southwest". He was the same great low key guy who I knew when he was in high school. Maybe Joe should have spent the time to get to know AA. DAMN!! Would he work well with Knight right now????

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty Too early to go crazy.

Post  deusXango Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:06 pm

Phil1980boy wrote:Sissy. You in full panic MODE 5 games in. Calm Down! You not going to make it through all 82 Games homes.

This is A rebuilding project. It's not going to come together over night. Keep watching and give it some time.

Moose, B.Knight, Singlar, and English got some key playing time last night. These guys will learn how to win these type of games over time.

I like what the coaches said after the game. DEFENSE!! DEFENSE! DEFENSE! We have to become A defense first team! [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

This season players will show who belongs and who does not belong. We 5 games in and you can already see Signlar and English belong. You can also see that R.Stuckey does not belong.

The pictures will be clear by the time this season ends..

Phillip, Phillip, Phillip, you're pathologically incorrect; Singler and English do indeed belong, and have consistantly demonstrated their value to a legitimate rebuilding effort....however, big men belong on a defense first team as well. Where the hell is Drummond and Kravstov? Neither one of them deserves key playing time (winning or losing) in a legitimate, defense first, rebuilding team effort? The team happens to be losing now, so it makes more sense to play those dudes now, don't you think?

The longer Lil' Larry drags his feet bringing in the youngsters, all while there're vets stumbling around, making rookie mistakes, the more frustration fans will react with; I include myself in that number, and stand with Sissy on this! Frustration and aggitation is often mistaken for over-excitement, and excitement is not what's being expressed when we talk, Maxiell, Prince, and Stuckey. Give us the big boys, and let's see Monroe and Drummond together. Stop the ******** around.

You want defensive frontcourt play? Get Josh Smith here to "D" up with Drummond! Talk about a "no fly zone!" All of a sudden it's not important to talk about Monroe's lack of defensive proficiency, but how much of an offensive nightmare he is. I'm not talking to the "doom and gloomers," but those fans that want to see this team turn around and be competitive, sooner, rather than later. If it took 3-4 teams involvement to make it possible, get it done. Chances are we'll end up without the players we don't want or need (stranger things have happened in the NBA). A team with Josh Smith, and without Prince, Maxiell, Stuckey, Daye, Bynum, and possibly J.J. (as much as I'd hate that), is a much better team!

PG-Knight/???

SG-Middleton/English/Maggette

SF-Smith/Singler/??

PF-Drummond/J.J.

C-Monroe/Kravstov

I threw that out there because I know how much you and Sebastian like dream lineups, and that's my dream team for Laimbeer to come in and coach.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty RE

Post  Phil-Good Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Xango, I can't disagree with the size issue you pointed out. You can't complain about defense but you have two big men on the pine not playing who are really good defense players. I did not like the Mad Max for Big Dre sub in the 4th qtr. D.Cousins went to work when he saw under-size Mad Max on him. Bad sub coach Frank!

I'm not letting go of J.J. in any type of trade situation! Sorry, can't do it! Too much heart, high basketball IQ and people love and respect him. J.J. is the type of guy who becomes the captain of the team.

Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 3 Empty JEDI MIND TRICKS

Post  WTF Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:52 pm

"Phillip, Phillip, Phillip, you're pathologically incorrect"; DX good one tb

PBoy changes with the wind, but what he does do consistently is go alone with the organization program rather it right or wrong. Sure he's on this Stuckey must go crap today, but I recall the days when he thought keeping Stuckey on CB was a great idea, then it was Stuckey over Rip, and then Stuckey over Gordon, now he wants Stuckey gone all together facepalm

I'm not understanding those that think it's okay that Drummond and Singler don't either start or get the bulk of PT. I swear how in the fuck you're rebuilding with Prince and Maxiell playing 35 minutes. How in the fuck are you developing Drummond when he plays fucking 6 minutes?

Some of you are such suckers, had the team won last night many of you would have cheered and dance forgetting that rebuild is a complete farce. Lil Larry is trying to win games by any means neccessary because theyknow some fans are fooled by meaningless wins.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next