Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+12
Fennis Dembo
Sebastian
Murph
Grizz2
Phil-Good
Sissy1946
Oracle
merc
cool breeze
lemonpen
deusXango
WTF
16 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM Empty FORUM

Post  WTF Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:57 pm

cool breeze wrote:
Oracle wrote:Murph, there's another PG option: Switch Stuckey & Knight!

It brings us back to what worked at the end of last year, and positions both players are more comfortable with. Then slowly let Knight take over the PG duties, because he isn't going to be able to handle it any time soon.

Stuckey isn't a PG, but he's a better PG than Knight right now!

Wise, you're not too far off! I don't know if I want CV starting, but since Maxiell is only good for about 10 minutes anyway, CV certainly can handle the remaining minutes we force Maxiell to play(badly).

I see no logic in sitting Daye or CV at this point, but we'll see how many losses Frank can pile up and blame on someone else.

I am a bit puzzled by these comments. Both Daye and Charlie V looked horrible in pre season games. Daye found out that even the pre season was a lot different than the bogus summer league games played in that small gym. Daye got his ass beat trying to fit in at power forward. So we already know that he cannot defend anyone playing the 2 or 3. Do we want to play another horrible defender who is worse than the players already in the rotation? And Daye could not score in this pre season as well. As for Charlie, nothing has changed. Did you watch him run in the pre season games? He cannot run. He shuffles down the court. And Charlie couldn't hit the broad side of a barn this pre season in any position on the floor. If you want change, then try Middleton. He can at least defend and run the court fast. If Detroit's big adjustment is to involve Daye and Charlie in the rotation, then the Pistons goose is cooked for sure. The organization needs to start thinking about which players could ever compete against other teams if by chance the Pistons ever make the playoffs again. Does anyone really believe that Charlie or Austin could defend or hold their own against any players on playoff teams? In fact do any of you believe that Maxiell could do any better in the playoffs then he did the last time the Pistons made the playoffs and played against Cleveland? Maxiell was pitiful just as Daye was trying to play power forward in this pre season.

Come on breeze the hell with style points what CV bring is 15 points a game. So he didn't shoot well in preseason big ****! we all know that he's not destine to shoot **** for an entire season. Problem with whole CV thing is trying to get him to defend in a defensive system that don't work instead of hiding his defensive flaws by employing a zone defense which in my opinion is more suited for the make up of this team anyway. Offensively CV is far better than JMax and not that far behind defensively, honestly I think CV is a better post defender than JMax.

Like I said as far as Daye goes he will always be situational and the Lakers game was the perfect time to use his length at either SG or SF. Offensively he may not have mattered but defensive he could have made those threes that Meta was hitting a little more difficult. So no I'm promoting consistent PT for Daye, but there is no way CV would be sitting on the bench under any circumstances.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Funny

Post  WTF Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:58 pm

[quote="lemonpen"]
cool breeze wrote:
deusXango wrote:. Who can't score on Stuckey?

Truth be told, me.

Lemon I bet you could tb
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty GUARD SOLUTIONS

Post  WTF Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 pm

deusXango wrote:While Houston is a mile high and full of themselves, with the plum they got in James Harden, trade for their FA Scott Machado; an unused PG who couldn't possibly do worse than Knight, Bynum, or Stuckey, when it comes to running an uptempo offense. This is a strong, pass first, PG, who sees the floor very well; his potential is through the roof, compared to our guards, and as yet, there is no offensive scheme being imployed by this coaching staff.

"Slide" Knight over to SG, as he has proven to be a better investment there than Stuckey, and continue to give English quality minutes off the bench; slide Stuckey's ass out of town, if we can. There's no evidence that anyone wants him to be apart of their team other than Joe and the "mindless faithful few" who are still waiting for Stuckey to get it. He's making a career out of trying to get it. In addition to playing English off the bench, play Middleton also, with Prince as our point forward (ahead of Bynum as our PG). If we can play "small ball," why not "tall ball?" Length on the perimeter will make us more formibitable defensively.

Knight is the best "combo guard" on this team (we don't need more than one, truth be told), and playing in the backcourt with Machado should enhance his PG skills over time; these are developing young players, and the sky's the limit. There are some who will personalize my views as an attack on them but, unless your name is Joe Dumars or Lawrence Frank, step off. We're suffering from piss-poor guard play, and the only way to stop it, is make major changes, as soon as possible.

DX we even screamed for Vasquez at one point who has consistently gotten better and would be perfect for this team. It's been far too many veteran options out there as well that could have offered leadership and knowledge at that position and provide moments of stability. Joe rather keep Bynum and have coaches feel as if they need to play him and force him into a rotation where only three players need to be rotated. I know CB is hurt but imagine the feedback he could provding to the young talent we have. I'm sorry these guys aren't going to teach themselve's and neither is Frank.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty @Oracle

Post  WTF Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Oracle wrote:Murph, there's another PG option: Switch Stuckey & Knight!

It brings us back to what worked at the end of last year, and positions both players are more comfortable with. Then slowly let Knight take over the PG duties, because he isn't going to be able to handle it any time soon.

Stuckey isn't a PG, but he's a better PG than Knight right now!

Wise, you're not too far off! I don't know if I want CV starting, but since Maxiell is only good for about 10 minutes anyway, CV certainly can handle the remaining minutes we force Maxiell to play(badly).

I see no logic in sitting Daye or CV at this point, but we'll see how many losses Frank can pile up and blame on someone else.

No Oracle I wouldn't start CV either but damned if he wouldn't see 15-20 minutes a game.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Machado

Post  deusXango Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Murph wrote:Hey...I was the first one this forum to promote the drafting of Machado (not DX...sorry). And I certainly hope he has a long and productive NBA career.

But the guy has yet to play 1 single minute in the NBA. Nor do we know if he's on the trading block. So to annoint Scott Machado as our starting PG and franchise savior is a little divorced from reality, IMO.

IMO, this team could benifit from a proven, VETERAN, pass first PG to run the offense.

Murph, no one questions you being the first to promote Machado (you have an impressive insight into college players potential), but I wonder why you aren't championing him now. Like you said, "the guy has yet to play 1 single minute;" that suggests to me, he can be had for a song and a dance. The separation from reality is persisting on thinking that either Stuckey, Knight, or Bynum, is the answer to our PG dilemma; that it's out of the question for a rookie to come in (under better coaching than what we now have) and out perform who we have now. The problem that's not being addressed is the duplication of players still (the only thing that's different with our "PG/combo guards", besides talent, is their size). Size notwithstanding, Knight is the best of the lot...the other two should be traded!! What can we get for Stuckey and Bynum, with his expiring contract? Scott Machado and a roster spot?

I'm all for a pass first PG, but where is this "proven veteran?" How available is a young proven veteran PG, which is ideally what we need? We're gonna rebuild with an old vet? IMHO that doesn't make sense; our PG is our leader on the floor, and we need someone who's going to be here for the long haul.

Wise, I would have brought up Vasquez, but he's gone from us now...he's the only PG on his team, and coming into his own. As for Charlie V, I agree with playing him 15-20 minutes also; we could use the points, and we're getting our ass kicked on the defensive end anyway, because no one is playing defense but English and Drummond, and look where they're at. Maxiell is our defensive juggernaut.

Come on Murph, jump back on the Scott Machado bandwagon, after all, you saw him first.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Hummmmmm

Post  lemonpen Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:18 pm

I wonder what kind of PG, leader, GO-TO guy Chauncy was after 69 games. I know what kind of player Zeke was and he still required some work. BK7 has surely hit a bump in the road, but what's the deal fellas, are we only expecting to see GOOD development. Good, defined as a silky smooth transition from know-nothing to know-it-all? You can be damn sure Brandon recognizes every mistake made. I trust that he is smart, diligent and talented enough to learn from them and continue to grow.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty WHO YOU PLAYING FOR, THE NAME ON THE FRONT, OR BACK OF THE JERSEY?

Post  deusXango Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:09 pm

lemonpen wrote: You can be damn sure Brandon recognizes every mistake made. I trust that he is smart, diligent and talented enough to learn from them and continue to grow.

That's what I'm talking about Lemon!!! A basketball smart PG, that doesn't rely on jackass, selfish, play, to advance himself, but a thinker with the teams best interest at heart. Extraordinary players make the players around them better, "special" (like the kids at the end of the hall) players are only interested in themselves.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Hummmmmm

Post  WTF Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:23 pm

lemonpen wrote:I wonder what kind of PG, leader, GO-TO guy Chauncy was after 69 games. I know what kind of player Zeke was and he still required some work. BK7 has surely hit a bump in the road, but what's the deal fellas, are we only expecting to see GOOD development. Good, defined as a silky smooth transition from know-nothing to know-it-all? You can be damn sure Brandon recognizes every mistake made. I trust that he is smart, diligent and talented enough to learn from them and continue to grow.

Yeah but what has Knight done previously to indicate that over time he will be a Chauncey or a Zeke. The problem I have with Knight is the same one I have with most young players coming into the league as freshmen. Clearly the kid has talent, but anything beyond that has been overstated and hyped by the ESPN Hype Machine.

Three games into this season and I swear I can't tell the difference between the shit he and Stuckey has been shooting. He goes to the hole the same aimless manner that Stuckey does. As I said their not going to teach themselves. If this was 2004 and LB had this team Knight would be on the bench deep into the dog house. You could say the same thing if he was being coached by Pop, Riley, or Sloan, but here he gets to run around without DIRECTION to how a PG should be play the position. The difference between Kyrie and Brandon is Byron Scott think about that

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty In what way has Stuckey's role changed from last season?

Post  cool breeze Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 pm

I am puzzled regarding the comments by coach Frank regarding Stuckey's role on this team. Knight was playing point guard throughout last season. Stuckey was the 2 guard. What in hell has changed except for the fact that Stuckey has started off really bad. I would stick with the story line that Rodney is having medical issues. He has battled headaches for his entire career. I don't believe the failure so far of this team should be placed on Stuckey's shoulders as the whore News writers keep saying. Detroit has issues with the entire starting unit especially at power forward. For some reason, coach Frank gets excited about Maxiell's short range jump shot or his ocasional dunk around the rim. The problem is lack of speed on offense and lack of size on defense. It is amazing that the coaching staff didn't say that the Pistons had match up problems in the Laker game. Everyone could see it with Maxiell looking like a Small Person trying to play Gasol. The Lakers wee laughing at this Piston team. Did any of you see it? The starters were sitting on the bench laughing. And Frank is saying that he needs more out of Rodney as if Stuckey scoring 30 points will cure what is going on with the rest of the players regarding team defense. Defense is supposed to be Frank's strong area. Stuckey has always been a guy who plays really well for one game and then has his problems for the next 3 games. Nothing is new except this starting unit sucks and bringing in Bynum as point guard with the second unit is going to bite Frank in the ass. We need a real back up point guard. I am not worried at all about Brandon Knight. He has really inferior players in that starting unit and nobody could get them going consistantly.

Piston management and the Detroit News hyped how well the Pistons did in the second half of the season last year. The reason the Pistons won more games was because of the short season where teams were playing so many games in such a short period of time that they were just going through the motions. This Piston starting unit came out with energy and played hard. But they were just not good enough to compete with that Laker team. Play the young guys and limit the vets to 10 minutes a game.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 pm

According to Magette, Stuckey has a bad ear infection which can effect your equilibrium.
Let's hold the boat til he gets better.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty ISN'T THAT INVITEING SERIOUS INJURY?

Post  deusXango Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 pm

merc wrote:According to Magette, Stuckey has a bad ear infection which can effect your equilibrium.

Why haven't the Pistons team doctor told Lil' Larry to sit Stuckey if this is the case? In a game of "run and jump" I'd think your equilibrium would be important.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Problem with that thinking

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:36 pm

lemonpen wrote:I wonder what kind of PG, leader, GO-TO guy Chauncy was after 69 games. I know what kind of player Zeke was and he still required some work. BK7 has surely hit a bump in the road, but what's the deal fellas, are we only expecting to see GOOD development. Good, defined as a silky smooth transition from know-nothing to know-it-all? You can be damn sure Brandon recognizes every mistake made. I trust that he is smart, diligent and talented enough to learn from them and continue to grow.

Lemon, Chauncey was obviously not looking too good, as he was bounced around, and almost forgotten until Joe saw him in the playoffs with Minny when injury forced him into action. I saw that series too, and thought... who was that guy?

So yeah, Knight will, and is expected to have problems, so we're all on board with that!

However, if you stick your hand into fire, and it didn't burn, you'll probably do it again. It's not about learning by making every mistake in the book, it's also about learning the right way, and getting punished for doing the wrong thing, over, and over, and over, and over...
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty That Explains it...

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 pm

merc wrote:According to Magette, Stuckey has a bad ear infection which can effect your equilibrium.

I was wondering why the whole team was stumbling and bumbling all over the place Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Denver

Post  Sparma2 Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 pm

We're so nice. Are there any other winless teams we can help?

Even now, but I'm not feeling it.

Sparma2

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Well, that dumb azz drive...

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 pm

To the basket by Stuckey, getting stripped against 4 Nuggets, totally destroyed our momentum.

Wow ear crap in really bad!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Drummond vs McGee

Post  Oracle Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:54 pm

If Drummond was a horse, you'd have to shoot him!

McGee has too much experience, and arguably more athletic than Drummond, is having his way with the rookie.

That's to be expected, and is good experience for Drummond!

BTW: In spite of a ton of DUMB plays, the Pistons are still in this one!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Monroe

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 am

May as well be sleeping!

He isn't running the floor, he isn't even trying to defend, and the Nuggets just run by him... WTF!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty You can win a lot of games in the NBA if...

Post  Oracle Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:12 am

You can limit the dumb mistakes!

Chauncey's teams were famous for not hurting themselves!

This Piston team, and they're learning, drops dumb mistake after dumb mistake.

I like parts of Bynum's game, but he's just not a guy I want running this team as much as Frank is allowing!

Still, this was a better played game than against LA, and this Denver team gave Miami all they could handle, so they're not a bad team, just not the elite in the west!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Disgusting Effort

Post  Sissy1946 Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:58 am

Only good thing to come of this Is I think Gores is coming to the point of he's going to have had enough & will be firing Dumars, Frank & bringing Laimbeer in to coach the pistons like we want. Another disgusting effort tonight. After returning home without a win & going 0-7 on the 12th, after the Gladys Knight concert at halftime & the end of the game we will be 0-8, changes will be on the way. Frank doesn't have a clue how to motivate this team with his weird line ups & the Princess looking old & like he doesn't even belong in the court. I dont really believe Gores will take this after they return home, after all he did say he's got his eye on Jelly-Joe.
Sissy1946
Sissy1946

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil-Good Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:24 am

[quote="Sissy1946"]Only good thing to come of this Is I think Gores is coming to the point of he's going to have had enough & will be firing Dumars, Frank & bringing Laimbeer in to coach the pistons like we want."
If Gores did that, this rebuilding project would be pushed back at-least 7 or 8 more years.

I'm not for starting over A already started over project. thumbs down thumbs down

No Thank you!!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty 12 MINUTES

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:32 am

This is what your prized lottery picked center played last night while your team get out rebounded by 18 boards. At times Drummond looked lost and that's to be expected from a rookie. I don't think I've seen him and Monroe on the court together these 4 games yet. This not the proper way for development of a big.

Not sure what Lil Larry thinking is but he looks worst than Curry and Kuester did.

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty ISN'T THAT INVITEING SERIOUS INJURY?

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:39 am

deusXango wrote:

Why haven't the Pistons team doctor told Lil' Larry to sit Stuckey if this is the case? In a game of "run and jump" I'd think your equilibrium would be important.

Exactly DX, I couldn't drive for week after having an ear cleaning because my equilibrium was off. So yeah Stuckey could have seriously hurt himself by playing or even passed out on the court. They never really said what the issues were once before with his fainting and dizzy spells (Twice) he had in previous seasons.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty Sorry PBoy But

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:43 am

[quote="Phil1980boy"]
Sissy1946 wrote:Only good thing to come of this Is I think Gores is coming to the point of he's going to have had enough & will be firing Dumars, Frank & bringing Laimbeer in to coach the pistons like we want."
If Gores did that, this rebuilding project would be pushed back at-least 7 or 8 more years.

I'm not for starting over A already started over project. thumbs down thumbs down

No Thank you!!

They haven't even began to start over yet, not with Prince and JMax getting playing time over younger players clearly better than them. Firing Joe and Frank now would be the perfect time to do it.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty EX NUGGET BEATS US AS WELL

Post  WTF Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:11 am

Every time I look at Aarons stats and see that he played another consistent all-around game I think Joe should be fired. How and the fuck we kept Stuckey over Affalo just boggles the mind. Here it is this kid is playing with his 3rd team and currently the leader of his current team while we have clowns here waiting on Stuckey to come into his own after 5 seasons.

Aaron team has a 2-1 record getting their first loss last night on the road against the Bulls. In that game Aaron stats read 28pts, 5rebs, 5asts 1stl, 1blk and zero turnovers in 34 minutes while shooting better than 50% on 10-17 shooting and 5-5 at the FT line. Take a look at Stuckey stats facepalm

I mean really every time you look up there some ex- Pistons player out performing or kicking on our ass while excuse are made for the slugs Joe decided to keep instead. Be it Delfino kicking on Prince ass in the opener, or Amir having better stats in 8 minutes than JMax has in 30, or watching the guard we wish we still had play like a true veteran in lead his team.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM Empty AA Angst

Post  Grizz2 Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:24 am

WISEFAN wrote:Every time I look at Aarons stats and see that he played another consistent all-around game I think Joe should be fired. How and the fuck we kept Stuckey over Affalo just boggles the mind. Here it is this kid is playing with his 3rd team and currently the leader of his current team while we have clowns here waiting on Stuckey to come into his own after 5 seasons.

Aaron team has a 2-1 record getting their first loss last night on the road against the Bulls. In that game Aaron stats read 28pts, 5rebs, 5asts 1stl, 1blk and zero turnovers in 34 minutes while shooting better than 50% on 10-17 shooting and 5-5 at the FT line. Take a look at Stuckey stats facepalm

I mean really every time you look up there some ex- Pistons player out performing or kicking on our ass while excuse are made for the slugs Joe decided to keep instead. Be it Delfino kicking on Prince ass in the opener, or Amir having better stats in 8 minutes than JMax has in 30, or watching the guard we wish we still had play like a true veteran in lead his team.

Cynic .. I said this before and I say it again .. Nothing Joe Dumars every did bothered more than giving AA away for ZIP ... AA was hardworking and smart and loved to D and could D .. so we sent him packing for a song and a prayer .. PURE NUTS! facepalm
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next