Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+16
Sebastian
Lobo
merc
Sparma
cool breeze
Fennis Dembo
FlyDog
Rett
deusXango
Murph
Oracle
Flip
Sissy1946
Grizz
frankied
WTF
20 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Good Game

Post  Murph Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:57 pm

I thought the Pistons played one of their best games of the season, beating the Nets on the road, for only their 2nd road win of the season.

Monroe had his usual oustanding game, and the bench came through. The Pistons' bench oustcored NJ's bench 35 to 28, and outrebounded them 18 to 5. Jerebko, Wallace and Russell all played well off the bench, and Gordon played for the 1st time in 11 games, and put up 14 pts, 5 rbds, 2 asts and 2 stls.

We've now won 3 in a row. mad And our chances of snagging Anthony Davis are becoming more and more remote. Anyone watching UNC and Duke tonight? Kendall Marshall and John Henson both look great. I wouldn't mind taking either of those players, especially Henson.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Three Streak......@@!!!!

Post  Rett Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:35 am

hehe

The MOOSE was LOOSE'''

lol

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty OH...FLY DOG...............DROP all of the DRAMA....SHEESH!!!

Post  Rett Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 am

FlyDog wrote:It's tragic, what's happened to Joe. Sorry Rett, wake the eff up. You want to stand up for a worthy cause? Break into Joe's pantry and feed the homeless. The entire city of Detroit. For a year. The man has let himself go. Period. It can happen to anybody..........especially when dealing with tragedies like his brother, Mr. Davidson, Coach Daly, Rodney White, Darko, Sleepy Sharpe, Stuckey, Chauncey, Afflalo and Will Robinson. He's a broken man, imo.

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty This a young TEAM and they are coming together//////////

Post  Rett Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:43 am

All in time.....they are doing it right.

Good JOB, JOE!!""

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  merc Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:03 am

Rett wrote:All in time.....they are doing it right.

Good JOB, JOE!!""

Ask em who they'd prefer... that usually helps them think about the other failures... there is that guy from Portland that got canned.
Criticism is always easy... solutions takes talent.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:14 am

speaking of portland...
i just watched chase budinger lead houston to a win over the blazers here in portland.
he killed them with the 3 pointer, was active on defense and dished the ball nicely also.
everytime i watch him do that, i wonder what the heck joe was thinking about when he traded him.
i also contrast his career with daye's.
he is a very similar player to daye, though he is a bit more athletic.
he does, however, play with a lot more confidence at this point. he's been lucky in that he's basically been provided a lot more consistent PT and it shows in his on court presence. he could have easily been reduced to where daye is, if he'd been handled differently.
instead, budinger is one of those young players that houston can either keep as an excellent rotation player, at the very least. and sometime starter.
or he is a young player that other teams will gladly trade for, and seek to acquire.
just a darn shame, it's not happening in a detroit uniform.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Pistons Win, oh my!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 am

The Good:
WOW, Monroe is a BEAST! I don't think anyone will want to see him in a year or two. I had to cover the kids eyes when he abused Humphries with that one handed throw down. I could have sworn I heard him cry... Kim, please stop!

Don't you just LOVE the way Knight is willing to take contact, and STILL finish? I really like this kid, he has a lot of heart and desire.

Well, I rag on BG, but he had a nice return, and looked pretty good.

Is it me, or is Stuckey looking like the bench guard some predicted him to be? I like him and Knight starting for the size and defense, but he's not really a SG, IMO. I want a SG to be more like RIP, a real shooter, and it would be nice if he was about 6'6 or 6'7. Although, defensively, Stuckey does fit the bill.

The Bad:
I don't want to rain on any parades, but that draft pick can't stand all this winning! I'm really getting scared, especially since these same pathetic Nets are showing up at the Palace on Friday!

I hope Humphries brings some grease!

Last edited by Oracle on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Breaking News!!!

Post  Oracle Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:41 am

I just found this quote on the web, and I fully agree!

"I'm not like most people" - most people
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Mercury

Post  FlyDog Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:07 am

Gimme a break. Who would I prefer? That's not my question to answer, that's for Gores. If it were my profession to head-hunt GM's, I'm quite sure I could find some suitable replacements for Joe. But if you insist on names, I'll give you 3: Bill Laimbeer, Isiah Thomas and Anybody the fuck Else.

Rett- Do you realize you make it difficult for other fans to root for the team? Drama? No..............reality, ma'm. And yes, 3 IS a streak. 2 isn't. So congats are NOW in order for the Pistons and their streak.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty WHAT I SEE

Post  deusXango Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:59 am

frankied wrote:speaking of portland...
i just watched chase budinger lead houston to a win over the blazers here in portland.
he killed them with the 3 pointer, was active on defense and dished the ball nicely also.
everytime i watch him do that, i wonder what the heck joe was thinking about when he traded him.
i also contrast his career with daye's.
he is a very similar player to daye, though he is a bit more athletic.
he does, however, play with a lot more confidence at this point. he's been lucky in that he's basically been provided a lot more consistent PT and it shows in his on court presence. he could have easily been reduced to where daye is, if he'd been handled differently.
instead, budinger is one of those young players that houston can either keep as an excellent rotation player, at the very least. and sometime starter.
or he is a young player that other teams will gladly trade for, and seek to acquire.
just a darn shame, it's not happening in a detroit uniform.
Loved Chase in college, as I did Blair, and any number of others that should have been taken before Daye. A lot of "us" fall in love with players simply because Joe brings them here and they're nothing but mediocre also rans. Am I the only one to recognize that J.J. was the last pick of that draft, Joe kept, who is playing a significant role on our team? Could it be that Jerebko and Budinger are better picks than Daye and Summers? Chew on that cheerleaders, I'm off to the land of the "also ran" Hawks.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  Rett Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:21 am

FlyDog wrote:Gimme a break. Who would I prefer? That's not my question to answer, that's for Gores. If it were my profession to head-hunt GM's, I'm quite sure I could find some suitable replacements for Joe. But if you insist on names, I'll give you 3: Bill Laimbeer, Isiah Thomas and Anybody the fuck Else.

Rett- Do you realize you make it difficult for other fans to root for the team? Drama? No..............reality, ma'm. And yes, 3 IS a streak. 2 isn't. So congats are NOW in order for the Pistons and their streak.

Rett- Do you realize you make it difficult for other fans to root for the team?

tHAT IS HILARIOUS!...didn't know I had so much POWER! lol

Rett

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Rett

Post  FlyDog Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:24 am

Nobody ever told you that you had the power to make others puke with your blind and babbling cheerleading? Indeed Rett............you are a super-hero.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty The Real Notes and Quotes from the New Jersey game

Post  Fennis Dembo Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:26 pm

The Real Notes and Quotes from the New Jersey game not the stuff we get from the beat writers - by Biff Burns

Biff Burns: What's the only things that grow in Newark in the winter?
Coach Avery Johnson: The crime rate and our losses!

Joe Dumars: Winning is 99% perspiration, 1% inspiration, and 50% of my bs.

Biff Burns: After talking to several Nets’ fans I looked up the words wadder, cawfee, dowg, and wadever in Webster’s Dictionary but couldn’t find them. Help I need a translator. Does anybody out there speak Jersey and English.

Biff Burns: The Pistons will appear in an upcoming episode of “Jersey Shore”. Several of the players go bar hopping with Snooki and Mike "The Situation". I don’t want to give away the ending, but it ends up with the inevitable police involvement and bail bondsmen.

Biff Burns: Which is true about Charlie V?
He was voted off the team.
He was the weakest link.
He fell through a trap door.
He was abducted by aliens from the planet Lovetron.
All of the above.

Biff Burns: Friday is “Star Wars Night” at the Palace. The first thousand adult fans that show up dressed as Star Wars characters will be tasered or pepper sprayed for being geeks. May the force be with you.

Last edited by Fennis Dembo on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty She's Supa Cheero Not Hero

Post  WTF Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:48 pm

FlyDog wrote:Nobody ever told you that you had the power to make others puke with your blind and babbling cheerleading? Indeed Rett............you are a super-hero.

Fly she'll also make you shit your pant with mind control or turn you into stone if you stare at her posting to long so be careful. facepalm

This team sucks and I don't care how many games they accidently win in a row they still suck in if Tay, Has ben and Jmax are sucking up PT. What's Stuckey scoring average?
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty linsanity continues!

Post  frankied Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:26 pm

the little asian guard that no one thought could play in the league is burning it up. destroying guys and embarrassing a guy like john wall.
a 23 year old point guard who kills teams on the pick and roll.
a nice find.
i love walker russell's game and have long argued that the team needed a guy with his point guard skills.
but he's 29 years old and his best days are probably past and that downhill slide is probably pretty close. certainly not a long term answer.
it woulda been nice if joe coulda seen the need for a guy like lin before, so that he'd have a young, developing player, instead of someone he's going to have to replace in another year.
who woulda thought that a guy like lin could play?
all joe had to do was read the old news pistons' forum and he coulda gotten a nice clue about him.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Lin

Post  Murph Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:40 pm

Yes, watching Lin play for the Knicks the last 3 games makes me wonder what the Pistons would look like with a true PG. Perhaps Joe should take a look at a pure PG in the upcoming draft...someone like Kendall Marshall.

The thing about Lin is that he makes his teammates better...way better. Fields hasn't played this well since the Knicks traded Felton. Chandler hasn't played this well since he left Jason Kidd. And Novak???...Novak's never played this well.

I think the thing that makes Lin so good is his basketball IQ, focus and willingness to work and work and work on his game. He was never this good at Harvard. In any event, the Knicks are a lot more fun to watch with Lin directing the offense. Even my 9 year old son, who hates the Knicks, has taken to watching.

Last edited by Murph on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:50 pm; edited 3 times in total

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Missing In Action

Post  WTF Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:41 pm

Where's da hell is Flip? I know I've been in and out days apart, but when was the last time Flip posted. Oh Flip come out, come out from wherever you are........

As creator of the forum it's mandatory that you post at least twice a day. One to great us in the a.m. and one to close the end of the day. Plus Rett been out of control and need to be moderated.

Last edited by WISEFAN on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty AMBER ALERT....MISSING FORUM CREATOR

Post  WTF Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:52 pm

scratch Who kidnapped Flip? If you have any information on the disappearance of Flip The Switch Off aka Flip please call 1-888-888-Flip.
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:34 pm

FlyDog wrote:Gimme a break. Who would I prefer? That's not my question to answer, that's for Gores. If it were my profession to head-hunt GM's, I'm quite sure I could find some suitable replacements for Joe. But if you insist on names, I'll give you 3: Bill Laimbeer, Isiah Thomas and Anybody the fuck Else.

The hostility!

I gotta address the Laimbeer thing... He has no NBA GM experience & is widely hated by others (Several are now GMs)... we need someone that has a proven track record in this league (see Curry & Kuester failures)...
Zeke had his go... it failed miserably.
"anybody the fuck else"... sounds promising Kuester

IMO timing is everything for a GM... Ainge was god awful before all of the expiring contracts and draft picks lined up in the same year.... he went through the same losing cycle as the Pistons are in (as almost all teams do)... he had just as many screw ups as Joe (as most of them do)... no matter what our GM does the Pistons won't beat out the Heat, Bulls and the best of the west... we could have a winning team that gets bumped in the first round of the playoffs... that doesn't seem like a satisfying finish... I'd rather time the run when Kobe, Lebron & Wade are starting to decline.

I would suggest finding out the contract length of some of the successful GM's... start putting feelers out there (enter World Wide Wes) that Joe is on a short leash... if we don't see tangible improvements like another diamond to complement Monroe and Knight (they musta been Hammonds influence scratch )

For now the team sucking may be better in the long run then if Joe had made some decent moves before (like passing on BG or CV)... keeping an eye on the prize.

I also can't stand some of the dumbass crap that Joe has done lately... but still willing to see if he can correct it in the next two years... that's my deadline.

merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Hostility?

Post  FlyDog Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:12 pm

That's me being nice, Merc.;-) My timeline for Joe ended after 2009. We need fresh blood. Anybody will do. It's not rocket science............you don't see ex-ballplayers jump into GM roles at major Corporations..........unless they own them. Hire me.

Wise- I was wondering the same thing about Flip.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  merc Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:14 pm

Murph wrote:Yes, watching Lin play for the Knicks the last 3 games makes me wonder what the Pistons would look like with a true PG. Perhaps Joe should take a look at a pure PG in the upcoming draft...someone like Kendall Marshall.

The thing about Lin is that he makes his teammates better...way better. Fields hasn't played this well since the Knicks traded Felton. Chandler hasn't played this well since he left Jason Kidd. And Novak???...Novak's never played this well.

I think the thing that makes Lin so good is his basketball IQ, focus and willingness to work and work and work on his game. He was never this good at Harvard. In any event, the Knicks are a lot more fun to watch with Lin directing the offense. Even my 9 year old son, who hates the Knicks, has taken to watching.

It is much more fun watching a team run by a PG acting as an orchestra director... is it a coincidence the team is playing better without Melo the black hole?... nobody plays well when they're forced to stand in a corner waiting on the selfish iso players.
merc
merc

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Dont forget

Post  Grizz Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:33 pm

merc wrote:

The hostility!

I gotta address the Laimbeer thing... He has no NBA GM experience & is widely hated by others (Several are now GMs)... we need someone that has a proven track record in this league (see Curry & Kuester failures)...

IMO timing is everything for a GM... Ainge was god awful before all of the expiring contracts and draft picks lined up in the same year.... he went through the same losing cycle as the Pistons are in (as almost all teams do)... he had just as many screw ups as Joe (as most of them do)... no matter what our GM does the Pistons won't beat out the Heat, Bulls and the best of the west... we could have a winning team that gets bumped in the first round of the playoffs... that doesn't seem like a satisfying finish... I'd rather time the run when Kobe, Lebron & Wade are starting to decline.

I would suggest finding out the contract length of some of the successful GM's... start putting feelers out there (enter World Wide Wes) that Joe is on a short leash... if we don't see tangible improvements like another diamond to complement Monroe and Knight (they musta been Hammonds influence scratch )

For now the team sucking may be better in the long run then if Joe had made some decent moves before (like passing on BG or CV)... keeping an eye on the prize.

I also can't stand some of the dumbass crap that Joe has done lately... but still willing to see if he can correct it in the next two years... that's my deadline.

Joe Dumars had ZERO experience as GM while Bill Laimbeer was one of the prime leaders, proven leader of the Bad Boys, ... Laimbeer has never failed at anything in basketball .. Why give Joe the pass and not Bill?

Grizz
Grizz

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 26 Empty Monroe And Knight

Post  FlyDog Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:40 pm

No brainers. My daughter could (and would) have drafted those guys.
FlyDog
FlyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Rett Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Grizz wrote:
merc wrote:

The hostility!

Joe Dumars had ZERO experience as GM while Bill Laimbeer was one of the prime leaders, proven leader of the Bad Boys, ... Laimbeer has never failed at anything in basketball .. Why give Joe the pass and not Bill?

Mr D KNEW what he was doing when he chose Joe D as the GM.....and he proved to be right!
Zeke failed miserably as GM and Coach.......nothing against him it was just not meant to be...not in his DNA.
Laimbeer?...dunno!

Rett

Back to top Go down

Post  frankied Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:15 pm

Murph wrote:Yes, watching Lin play for the Knicks the last 3 games makes me wonder what the Pistons would look like with a true PG. Perhaps Joe should take a look at a pure PG in the upcoming draft...someone like Kendall Marshall.

lin does look like he has improved his game. no doubt. but the foundation of his game was always right there. i remember seeing him in those summer league games where he schooled john wall. right then it was pretty obvious that he had serious game. the only question was whether he was going to get a legitimate shot.
going to golden state originally was understandable, but they were overloaded at the guard spot. hard to see how he was going to get a decent chance there.
same thing with houston. they have lots of young talent at the guard spot and it was probably a numbers game there too.
sometimes it is just a matter of being in the right place at the right time.
d'antoni's system is absolutely perfect for lin. he has excellent ballhandling skills, he's really quick, rather than fast, and he makes great, quick judgments about where to pass the ball on the pick and roll. he still makes turnovers but that is often because he is trying to do creative stuff, make tough passes, rather than just pass the ball around the perimeter. if stuckey had lin's BB IQ and court vision, he'd be the best point guard in the league.
while i don't think lin is going to continue to play at this high level i think in the right circumstance he could continue to be a solid starting nba point guard.
unfortunately, everything is going to change once melo comes back. (he'd be able to live and prosper with stoudemire who would thrive running pick and rolls with lin.) once melo comes back and starts dominating the ball like melo dominates the ball, lin won't be able to continue doing all the good stuff he's been doing so far. he just won't have the ball in his hands as much. he wont have as many opportunities to actually run the offense. it'll be back to iso ball.
it will be very interesting to see how he plays with melo, but i'm not real optimistic.
frankied
frankied

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next