Pistons Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUM

+13
Fennis Dembo
Grizz2
lemonpen
Phil-Good
deusXango
Grizz
merc
Sebastian
cool breeze
Oracle
Murph
frankied
WTF
17 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty After the demolition .. LF spews up some nasty manure ..

Post  Grizz2 Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:43 am

Larry Frank: It's unacceptable to get your doors blown off, but we did, yet we know we're a young, building group," Frank said.

BS.. you are starting old has beens like Prince (whom I would rather remember as he was, not as he is) and JMax.. who would not even make the bench of another NBA team... Coach Frank is NOT developing this team.. he is demolishing it..

IF FRANK were honest he would say (1) I am not developing the youth .. I just throw them out there without a plan after my annoited vets get their teeth kicked in .. and (2) I have no system for developing anyone ..
Grizz2
Grizz2

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty I posted this before the game, and now I'm pissed!

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:50 am

Oracle wrote:I hope he sees the futility of playing Monroe against Howard, and he unleashes his only two centers in a tag team attack on him!

Let's face it, IMO, Drummond has the potential to be better defensively than Howard, and for us, he only needs to be half as productive offensively.

I also think it's time to see what the Russian can do against NBA talent. What's the point of waiting... for what?

Maxiell should see limited minutes in this one, and only if they allow drawfs on the floor. Between Howard & Gasol, we need size to compete!

If Frank doesn't use his size tonight, that's a serious nail in his coffin, IMO!

Larry Frank is a complete Ass Clown!

He needs to change his name to Larry Stank, because you can smell his coaching a mile away!

It's hard to figure a coach with, as Wise said, a bunch of 6'11+ guys on the bench, decides to play his smaller players in the land of the giants!

I hope gores got a good sniff of this clowns coaching, and Prince needs to take those comments back to the bench, where he needs to be while Singler & JJ get PT at SF!

I want much more Singler & English, and I wouldn't object to seeing what Middleton has shooting wise after smelling Knight, Stuckey, and even Monroe's shooting lately.

Larry Brown would have Knight's ass sitting for the performances he been giving lately! DX has been almost begging for a real PG on this team to help Knight, and he's beginning to sound like a freaking prophet at this point!

Man, to think I've been defending this clown! It's become almost impossible to deliver a convincing argument to keep Frank employed here!

It's really unfortunate, because this is a HORRIBLE time to make a coaching change! But it's also a horrible time NOT to make a change with the development of this young team hanging in the balance!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Losing Butt Ugly

Post  Murph Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:07 am

"Butt ugly" doesn't even begin to describe it. I mean I have to come back for a one week blackout to watch that crap??? Yikes!

Seriously though, my luke warm defense of Larry Frank was based on the fact that the Pistons over-achieved under his leadership during that last 42 games of last season. But once this team stops over-achieving, there really is no logical defense of Larry or his rotations. And last night, no one over-achieved...EXCEPT THE BENCH PLAYERS.

If this keeps up, the Pistons are going to need to change their starting rotation and change their coach...sooner rather than later.

Murph

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty I was joking, but...

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 am

There appears to be some truth to what I said about Stuckey missing being the PG, and the after effects are probably hitting Knight as well.

DX also mentioned that Knight at this point is more of a SG than a PG, and even though Stuckey is closer to a SG, all of his training has been towards a PG. Confused yet?

Well, my point, and the point of this new article is that we're also probably facing the problems associated with players trying to figure out altered roles.

You can mandate change, but that doesn't mean it will work out of the box, and it looks like we're suffering because of it.

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Looking for the Pistons of late last season?

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:46 am

Well, I can Dream!!!

Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Trouble at the Longbranch !!!

Post  lemonpen Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 am

First of all, thanks Pistons for allowing me to get some sleep. West coast trips can really be taxing.
Secondly, we got stomped, so what. We’re hoping to compete for the 8th playoff spot and the Lakeshow is expected to make the Finals. That’s usually the formula for a blowout. Reality is a mother.

Aside from losing I’m seeing two troubling trends with our young PG.
1- Knight is exhibiting the same characteristics as Stuckey when driving to the hole. He is beginning to challenge every BIG we face, and the BIGS are winning hands down. What happened to the guy who attacked openings. Where did the intelligence go.
2- BK7 is trying over and over to make an assist out of situations that haven’t fully developed. He needs counseling. Sometimes you only have to make the pass preceding the pass for assist. Thus far he has been a walking rash of turnovers that have triggered offensive droughts.

If Stuck puts up another O’fer half (maybe quarter) of basketball it will be time to replace him in the starting unit. At least until it gets fixed. We have no chance to be competitive with goose eggs from the guy who is supposed to lead the team in scoring.

As much as I want him out of the starting unit, it is kinda fun to see JMax play for his life (and next contract). He is playing some of the best ball of his career, in the first quarter anyway.

Maybe you guys could ease up on Lawrence Frank. Developing kids ain’t simply throwing them out there to be humiliated on national TV. Development guys, not punishment. The NBA has no mercy rule, or unwritten rule of backing off the dogs. Let the high priced vets take that arse whoopin. It comes with the contract.
lemonpen
lemonpen

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty URGENT BULLETIN FROM THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL

Post  Fennis Dembo Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 pm

URGENT BULLETIN FROM
THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
TO JOE DUMARS

Mr. Dumars three of your employees have been diagnosed with the Shooting Virus. The Shooting Virus has been linked by the Surgeon General to the deaths of many NBA players’ careers (See Allen Iverson).

Patient Zero is Charlie Villanueva who shot 9 for 41, 22% during the exhibition season. Rodney Stuckey somehow became infected and is shooting 1 for 23, 4.3%. Brandon Knight is the latest victim shooting 11 for 35, 31.4%.

The disease is regarded as highly contagious and the rest of the team needs to be inoculated against infection. Failure to do so could result in an 0-82 season and massive firings to your staff.

Take your team to Dr. I. Feelgood in Denver. The three infected players will need to be injected in the buttocks with the serum through a three foot long extremely painful syringe needle, just for playing so badly. Expect them to scream like little girls that have just witnessed their Barbie doll’s head falling off. The rest of the team will be injected in the arm through a one inch needle with little or no pain because they have not played as badly.

It is important that you take care of this matter post haste because Mr. Gores and the fans would really hate to see the team come back home with an 0-7 record. This could result in Mr. Gores having pain in his lower posterior generally known as a pain in the butt which could directly cause a massive migraine headache for you.

Yours in cordial trust,
Dr. T. Bone Payne
CDC Atlanta

Fennis Dembo

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty #1

Post  deusXango Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:15 pm

There is no one in the "business" like our Fennis Dembo. You sir, are without a doubt, the best at what you do. Damn, I love reading your posts!!!
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Re: FORUM

Post  Sebastian Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Fennis Dembo wrote:URGENT BULLETIN FROM
THE CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
TO JOE DUMARS

Mr. Dumars three of your employees have been diagnosed with the Shooting Virus. The Shooting Virus has been linked by the Surgeon General to the deaths of many NBA players’ careers (See Allen Iverson).

Patient Zero is Charlie Villanueva who shot 9 for 41, 22% during the exhibition season. Rodney Stuckey somehow became infected and is shooting 1 for 23, 4.3%. Brandon Knight is the latest victim shooting 11 for 35, 31.4%.

The disease is regarded as highly contagious and the rest of the team needs to be inoculated against infection. Failure to do so could result in an 0-82 season and massive firings to your staff.

Take your team to Dr. I. Feelgood in Denver. The three infected players will need to be injected in the buttocks with the serum through a three foot long extremely painful syringe needle, just for playing so badly. Expect them to scream like little girls that have just witnessed their Barbie doll’s head falling off. The rest of the team will be injected in the arm through a one inch needle with little or no pain because they have not played as badly.

It is important that you take care of this matter post haste because Mr. Gores and the fans would really hate to see the team come back home with an 0-7 record. This could result in Mr. Gores having pain in his lower posterior generally known as a pain in the butt which could directly cause a massive migraine headache for you.

Yours in cordial trust,
Dr. T. Bone Payne
CDC Atlanta

Another, great satirical piece, Fennis. clap
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty SOBERING FACTS

Post  deusXango Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:52 pm

We can stand a coaching change now, before the team returns home from the west coast swing; negotiate with and hire Bill Laimbeer and his staff.

It's time for Calderon. Can't think of a better PG that's available to us, who can actually play the position; we should be able to deal with the Raptors.

Offer everyone but, Monroe, Drummond, Krastov, Singler, Knight, and English, for Josh Smith. We need to keep our brawn, brains, skill, and shooters. Our core.

If Joe kicks, let him go with Lil' Larry; Stuckey, Bynum, Daye, Prince, and Maxiell, all will have out-lived those two, as far as usefulness goes. "Who's gonna replace Joe?" What about Jerry West, Isiah Thomas, the Oracle, WiseFan, Grizz, Sebastian, or even the infamous PhillipBoy!!! Who can't out do what Joe hasn't done for the last five years? All this is made possible because our season hasn't really started yet; the NBA has started but, we're "accessing and seeing." Laimbeer should have the troops rolling, and raising hell by the time some of us were prepared to give Lil' Larry to totally tear his ass, and destroy this team. Let's get it started Mr. Gores.
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty L. Frank has got to go ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:47 pm

deusXango wrote:We can stand a coaching change now, before the team returns home from the west coast swing; negotiate with and hire Bill Laimbeer and his staff.

It's time for Calderon. Can't think of a better PG that's available to us, who can actually play the position; we should be able to deal with the Raptors.

Offer everyone but, Monroe, Drummond, Krastov, Singler, Knight, and English, for Josh Smith. We need to keep our brawn, brains, skill, and shooters. Our core.

If Joe kicks, let him go with Lil' Larry; Stuckey, Bynum, Daye, Prince, and Maxiell, all will have out-lived those two, as far as usefulness goes. "Who's gonna replace Joe?" What about Jerry West, Isiah Thomas, the Oracle, WiseFan, Grizz, Sebastian, or even the infamous PhillipBoy!!! Who can't out do what Joe hasn't done for the last five years? All this is made possible because our season hasn't really started yet; the NBA has started but, we're "accessing and seeing." Laimbeer should have the troops rolling, and raising hell by the time some of us were prepared to give Lil' Larry to totally tear his ass, and destroy this team. Let's get it started Mr. Gores.

I am all for firing L. Frank, today. He is an uncreative and inflexible coach; not to mention stubborn as hell. Drummond and Monroe should be sharing the floor, together. Drummond's presence on the floor will do wonders for Monroe's game.

The remainder of November's schedule looks like this:

Tue, Nov 6 @ Denver
Wed, Nov 7 @ Sacramento
Fri, Nov 9 @ Oklahoma City
Sat, Nov 10 @ Houston
Mon, Nov 12 vs Oklahoma City
Wed, Nov 14 @ Philadelphia
Fri, Nov 16 vs Orlando
Sun, Nov 18 vs Boston
Wed, Nov 21 @ Orlando
Fri, Nov 23 vs Toronto
Sun, Nov 25 @ NY Knicks
Mon, Nov 26 vs Portland
Wed, Nov 28 vs Phoenix
Fri, Nov 30 @ Memphis

I, actually, don't see a win until possibly, Friday, Nov. 16 vs. Orlando; but even Orlando has currently won their first two games.

If WE are 0-17 or 2-15 come Dec. 1 and L. Frank is still the coach, I'm not sure what I will do.

Last edited by Sebastian on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:56 pm

Grizz2 wrote:

This makes it 3 straight clown coaches!!!! .. CURRY jocolor ... Kuester jocolor .. Frank .. jocolor

lol Its looking like Joe has completed the trifecta. Larry, Cue, and Curry....The Three Stooges

The names are so similar its like it was meant to be. lol

Mike

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty So much for having a complete training camp to prepare the players for the real games

Post  cool breeze Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Remember the excuse of the lock out and the short period of time that the new coaching staff had to organize the team and prepare them to do battle? Just what was going on in this full training camp? When the players were playing ball over the summer what were they working on? This game against the lakers showed everyone that this Piston team has no identity and played once again like none of the players had ever even played HORSE with each other. It was like they had just met in a bar and all were intoxicated then decided to go to a gym and play some basketball. Again, there was no game plan either on offense or defense. Now there is panic. You can see it in everyone and especially the coaching staff. You cannot blame the coaches for how the players execute on the floor. There were several times where Drummond lost track of his man on defense and then seemed lost not knowing what to do so he did nothing. I think what happens is this. Players who are not fundamentally sound when they reach the NBA are physically gifted people. The popular thing to do nowdays if you are physically gifted is to not play for a normal high school team but instead play for a traveling private high school academy. In those venues, the players seldom ever learn the principles of playing good fundamental defense. In fact, they do not learn the fundamentals of setting good screens. Those academy players run the floor fast and try to score as much as possible. Then those players play one season in college and maybe pick up one or two things about playing good team orientated basketball. Once they get to the NBA, the pace of the game goes off the charts. The players practice and the coaches think that their players have it down. However, once the season starts, and the players get a bit winded, they forget about everything and just play on instinct. Some have the proper instincts and the others get completely lost. When rookie players enter a game that is already a blowout, there is a feeling of panic. The players have not seen the starters execute any of the things that the team has been working on in practice. You can anticipate the result and why a guy like Drummond would appear lost at times. With that said, Drummond looked more with it than any of the other big men who played for Detroit last night. What was their excuse?????

This starting five have horrible chemistry. When will the coaching staff make a change? When will Frank play Drummond and Monroe together? Where is "THE RUSSIAN"? What was Mr. Gores thinking while sitting in the first row of seats last night watching Maxiell playing against 7 footers? Any idiot could see that this would never work and it didn't. And you could see that Jerebco should not have been placed in the situation as well. Jerebco had no chance of defending Howard or Gasol. And Maxiell had less of a chance than Jerebco. You can bet that Gores was extremely upset when he left that game. The coaching staff gave the Pistons no chance to compete with the Lakers right from the start of that game.

Prince has lost his legs. You could see it last night with his jump shot in the second half. He couldn't believe it himself at times. Prince needs to be limited to around 15 to 20 minutes a game to be effective. It could be that I am wrong and it takes Prince about a month to get his legs in game shape. However, it could be that age is setting in on Prince who was beaten down in previous seasons after being forced to play power forward at times.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Observing the expressions of the players on the bench. Are they thinking hope-change?

Post  cool breeze Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:49 pm

Did anyone notice the looks on Charlie V and Daye's faces last night? It looked as if they were pleased about the blowout loss. It had to be that they were thinking "now it is my time". Good luck with that idea. You don't believe that coach Frank is actually considering a change in the lineup to include Daye and Charlie do you? If you are upset about the amount of points the current rotation players are giving up, imagine what it will be like with those two guys in the lineup.

I suspect that this past Laker game might be the low point in this season for the players. How much confidence can the starting five actually have moving forward? Knight needs to settle down and recognize that he has very little to work with when he starts the offense with this starting unit. He is trying to speed the game up and force things. The starters are not quick players. Monroe, Prince and Maxiell need to play a slow down game. So far there has been no production from the shooting guard position featuring Stuckey. When Stuckey does not have the ball in his hands he is worthless. When he misses his shot he is worthless on defense. Nothing has changed when it comes to Stuckey. So imagine what Knight is thinking. How does he get this group to function as a real basketball team. That is what he is trying to do this season - be the leader. His job is impossible. Knowing that, Knight is becoming depressed as a basketball player and is losing his mojo. Insert English-Singler-Drummond into the starting lineup and Knight will be a different player. But Frank is thinking if only I could get Ben Wallace to play for me. Frank is thinking I need old established guys. Frank does not want to turn the team over to the young players. He knows that might cause a lot of trouble in the locker room. However, think for a minute about Prince,The Russian-Maxiell, Jerebco, Stuckey and either Knight or English entering the game as the second unit. I think that they could be effective. Meanwhile, the starters could play up tempo basketball which would be exciting for the fans in a losing season anyway. What if got from the game last night when the camera showed the Piston bench is that the coaching staff looked CONFUSED. They looked embarrassed as hell and knew the Piston owner was sitting in the first row on the Laker's home turf. Mr. Gores has been an LA guy for awhile. He must have been fuming when he was watching that game.

I know a lot of fans want Bill Laimbeer to replace Frank. However, I believe the owner must replace Joe Dumars first. And Bill Laimbeer would become the best GM in the NBA. That is a sure thing. Bill is smart enough to hire the right coach for this team. It wouldn't be Frank. The Pistons need real leadership. Laimbeer has an outstanding basketball mind. He can make things happen in a positive way. I think that Mr. Gores might hire Laimbeer in that GM position at the end of this season.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Classic

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:06 pm

Mike wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:

This makes it 3 straight clown coaches!!!! .. CURRY jocolor ... Kuester jocolor .. Frank .. jocolor

lol Its looking like Joe has completed the trifecta. Larry, Cue, and Curry....The Three Stooges

LOL, it has to be fate! An evil twist of fate, but nobody hits the trifecta by accident Smile
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Excuses...Excuses....Excuses

Post  Phil-Good Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:16 pm

"Yeah, I don't know," said Stuckey of his new role this season. "It's something…we'll figure it out. I feel like I'm in the corner, watching instead of creating."

From The Detroit News: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

What I see is A basketball player that is not playing with any passion, heart, or no will to win.Excuses! Standing in the corner!? WOW! I see A guy who is not aggressive at all and can't hit A mid range or open jump-shot.

Stuckey need to fly back to Washington and grab his balls because he playing like he in the WNBA!!

I was looking for A big season from Stuckey to really beef up his trade value. Right now the Pistons could not get A bag of steal Cheetos for Stuckey!

Stop making excuses and step your game up son!
Phil-Good
Phil-Good

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty So much for having a complete training camp to prepare the players for the real games

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:20 pm

Don, it's too bad you don't know anything about basketball, but Lil Larry does!

It takes practice to be this bad, and Larry Frank is a master at it! That record setting o'fer he laid on NJ is now in play with the Pistons!

As Seb stated, we could be o'fer for Oct, Nov, and Franks shooting for Devember.

Obviously Frank Knows Basketball much better than any of us! Reliable sources say that Frank wanted to suit up as the center for our team because he believes that shorties confuse big men!

On CV & Daye! They should be smiling! IMO, how much worse could it be if you played those two? Hell, I think we would probably be doing marginally better... that's how bad we're playing!

On Joe, the reason I wouldn't replace him for a bad coach is that Joe didn't pick or want this coach! If it was his coach, I'd feel differently.

For Frank, the critical time will be after the west coast trip, because I guarantee you that Dumars & Gores are surveying the field of possible replacement coaches right now.

The ONLY obvious candidate is Bill Laimbeer, a former Piston great with coaching experience at different levels, even though he has no NBA head coaching experience.
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Too Funny

Post  WTF Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Mike wrote:
Grizz2 wrote:

WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Stuckey Issue

Post  WTF Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:46 pm

You could smell this coming a mile away....after Joe had touted Stuckey the future of the franchise along came Monroe, Knight and now Drummond and Stuckey no longer Joe's favorite. Heck he's not even the media's favorite.

Stuckey can blame himself for this because he nevere improved his game, maybe because on paper he thought he was better than he actually is......he probably thought he was better than the player he replaced. Really 26 minutes zero points, zero FT attempts.

Now in some fairness but not much the team starting PG plays like shit. Knight is under this illusion that he's a team leader and that is far from the case. Can anyone imagine Knight even seeing the floor if LB was coaching this team, Knight would not only be in the Dog House but in the Dog's Ass after these 3 games.

Knight Joe is to run the offense and get players in idea position for the best shot. I remember this PG we had not too long ago that would get all his team mates into the game, especially his SG. Then this PG would release all hell in the 4th quarter from three point land. He shot when his team needed him to, perhaps Knight need to look at some Chauncey film along with some Zeke film....
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty I remember him too!

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:00 pm

WISEFAN wrote:I remember this PG we had not too long ago that would get all his team mates into the game, especially his SG. Then this PG would release all hell in the 4th quarter from three point land. He shot when his team needed him to, perhaps Knight need to look at some Chauncey film along with some Zeke film....

Oh, and that PG shot better than 90% from the FT line... he was MONEY!!!
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty I'VE FELT REALLY STUPID

Post  deusXango Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:00 pm

I posted many times over the summer that Joe should have sent for Hakeem Olajuwon to teach Drummond, (Kravtsov wasn't here yet) J.J., and Monroe the fine points of big man play "down low" both defensively as well as offensively, but there were always counter-points made to that proposal. We have Roy Rogers, after all. My most outrageous suggestion was to hire him/his camp exclusively to train the Pistons big men; I remember Olajuwon's, Drummond like, athleticism setting him apart from much bigger centers on the defensive end of the floor (the "Dream shake" is what stands out most in many fans mind); the "ownership of a young Shaq, in the playoffs, was classic. It now seems we would have benefitted from that exposure.

Stuckey never took advantage of the resources in the Palace archives, obviously, but Knight should have spent time in the film room with the game tapes of Dave Bing, Isiah Thomas, and especially Kevin Porter, the best PG's to put on a Pistons uniform, and some of the best to have played in the NBA; there is so much he could learn about the position just from watching. Knight is a smart kid. Even though these are players from before his time, the principals of facilitating an offense are timeless. How come Dee Brown haven't been sitting down with him, watching film, and explaining shit?!

Of all the posts I've made on this forum, that I embarrassed myself with, I've never felt more stupid than I did, last night, in the privacy of my own home, watching from beginning to end, that cockamamie called a professional basketball game between the Pistons and the Lakers. I felt like an ass the first 5 minutes of the game (no, the truth is, during the introductions), but I couldn't tear my eyes away. I rationalized, to justify last night by saying, "I'm a die hard fan."
deusXango
deusXango

Back to top Go down

Post  cool breeze Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:35 pm

Oracle wrote:Don, it's too bad you don't know anything about basketball, but Lil Larry does!

It takes practice to be this bad, and Larry Frank is a master at it! That record setting o'fer he laid on NJ is now in play with the Pistons!

As Seb stated, we could be o'fer for Oct, Nov, and Franks shooting for Devember.

Obviously Frank Knows Basketball much better than any of us! Reliable sources say that Frank wanted to suit up as the center for our team because he believes that shorties confuse big men!

On CV & Daye! They should be smiling! IMO, how much worse could it be if you played those two? Hell, I think we would probably be doing marginally better... that's how bad we're playing!

On Joe, the reason I wouldn't replace him for a bad coach is that Joe didn't pick or want this coach! If it was his coach, I'd feel differently.

For Frank, the critical time will be after the west coast trip, because I guarantee you that Dumars & Gores are surveying the field of possible replacement coaches right now.

The ONLY obvious candidate is Bill Laimbeer, a former Piston great with coaching experience at different levels, even though he has no NBA head coaching experience.

Oracle there is no doubt that it is time Bill Laimbeer becomes part of this Piston organization again. However, I might be the only person who believes he is needed more as a GM then head coach. I would be happy of course if his role becomes head coach for the Detroit Pistons. But if he could be hired as GM then Bill could replace a lot of dead wood in that front office. Yes, he could clean house and bring in a new scouting team to start things off right.

cool breeze

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty It is time for a real NBA coach ...

Post  Sebastian Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm

If L. Frank is allowed to go 0-10, then I say it is time to let him go. Then hire a real, NBA coach.

Gores need to start putting his money, where his mouth is. Offer the job to Nate McMillan.

Sebastian
Sebastian

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty When To Think Outside The Box

Post  WTF Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Lil Larry reminds me a some corporate number crunching guy where in theory shit should work and brown nosing the boss is just office politics and concept of intangibles just don't exist. Lil Larry can't think outside the box.

1. It was a no brainer to start Drummond and Monroe......Lil Larry didn't facepalm
2. Gee what a perfect time to try that Daye at SG thing again.....Lil Larry didn't facepalm
3. Hey lets play CV see if he can pull Gasol or Howard out of the paint....Lil Larry didn't facepalm
4. Excuse me Big Ukrainian Guy can you go foul Howard 6 times really hard.....Lil Larry didn't facepalm
5. Hey I bet if I play Prince at Point Foward, and stay big all night this would confuse the hell out of the Coach Brown....Lil Larry facepalm

There were so many direction Lil Larry could have went yesterday. I'm not saying they would have won, but he sure would have been thinking outside the box...
WTF
WTF

Back to top Go down

FORUM - Page 39 Empty Wise & Seb

Post  Oracle Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:13 pm

Seb, I would LOVE to get Nate, but I doubt we can land him. This Piston coaching position is NOT a prized job for a couple of reasons.

First, the team is way too raw, and losses will pile up like Lil Larry droppings.

Secondly, any coach that hasn't been under a rock the last 10 years, knows that coaching in Detroit is a risky and short lived activity with Joe at the helm. This is probably the biggest reason to get rid of Joe, because it resets our ability to throw out the past, and start developing a better reputation.

Wise, that was a very good list, and if there EVER was a time to play Daye/CV, that was the time/game!

I actually think that they would have had a good chance to win, because prior to that game, the Lakers were mentally ready to lose if the going got too rough. We let them off the hook too easily.

I always believe that if you don't forcefully make your case to win, you're probably going to lose. The Pistons folded in the first quarter(the starters, not the bench).
Oracle
Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next